ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ParagonxXx
No Caption Provided

The CEO of Hawke Industries attends a press conference held by Metro City's mayor after the recent announcement about a new bill that is being considered by congress. With the backing of the Mayor of Metro City, Keira stands up to the microphone and addresses the citizens of the city she chooses to protect as her super-hero alter ego, Paragon.

After clearing her throat, Keira speaks, "Thank you, Mr. Mayor, for calling this press conference." And then she addresses the large crowd, "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here with the Mayor's backing to speak out against the passing of the bill known as HR-3911. Gothic City still hasn't fully recovered from recent events and Valor City's crisis is still ongoing but expected to be resolved soon." What Keira does not say is that the Valor City situation is not looking good and it'll be resolved for good or for bad in the coming days.

Keira continues, "Teams such as the Justice League Alliance and the recent formation of the Alpha Guard are responsible for protecting us from events just like this. Unfortunately, I know what some of you have already asked. Where was the JLA during the Valor City crisis? To answer that question: One team cannot possibly protect the entire world. That's why we need the Alpha Guard as well. The more the better so that the crisis in Valor City doesn't happen to us or anyone else. So that we can minimize or altogether eliminate such a terrible crisis completely. Unfortunately, these teams are small and cannot do it all nor can they be everywhere. That's why we need to allow them to do what they do. If HR-3911 passes, then the JLA and Alpha Guard will be considered criminals and it'll hamper their operations negatively in the United States. Need I remind you that the JLA has the backing of the UN? These teams are trying to protect us and they cannot do their jobs if HR-3911 passes. Vote no, vote against HR-3911. With the defeat of this bill, these teams and others like it, such as the Department of Super-Human Affairs can do our jobs and protect you. Without being able to monitor criminal activities, how can these teams be a guard against the very things that cause us harm? They won't be able to. Such a bill will take away these team's ability to adequately monitor the world. I know there are concerns about privacy, but what would you rather have? A purge of Metro City because the JLA and Alpha Guard were legally forbidden from monitoring it or be given the chance to prevent such an occurrence? If this bill passes, these teams will be blind and will not be able to protect you nearly as effectively and that will cost lives. Lives that could be prevented. I deeply implore you all to vote no on HR-3911. Thank you for your time."

With loud applause, the crowd cheers. A vast minority boo and disagree but they are drowned out by the majority. The Mayor speaks next and gives a long 45 minute speech as he also speaks out against HR-3911. In the days following the press conference, most of the 7 million citizens of Metro City are against the bill being passed and plan on voting against it when it's time.

Blubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just so you know, I'm voting No!

Seriously though, when has all this been going on?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blubber: Thanks! And it's fairly recent.

Blubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then, who is trying to pass this bill, and where do we vote?

ACTION6NEWS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm totally chopping this up to my political advantage.

Provided I have your permission, of course.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ParagonxXx

@blubber: Don't know. If enough interest is gained, we can have have a vote if HumansFirst/Action6News is okay with that.

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ACTION6NEWS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A vote is more than okay with me. It's a piece of legislation that will alter the worldstate, so it makes sense that the users affected should get a say in whether or not it passes.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer: Thank you! ^_^

@action6news: Let's milk this a bit first, see if more people get involved. That way we get more votes. ~_^

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dig it. Healthy opposition. Well written...this could go places.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh snap things are getting real. I need to read this sometime tonight ❤️

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it. Gotta love the contrast.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking all you people with these posts.

Really making me want to write one from the perspective of The Immortal who was literally killed by his own government (king admittedly, but he was not stopped by anyone).

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers