Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nordok  Moderator

When cosmic forces collide...

No Caption Provided

The planet Infernus was once the seat of power for Nordok the Ancient, and the nucleus of the Abyssal Imperium. A naturally lifeless world, it's rocky surface was covered with little more than military installations and defensive emplacements, and subterranean tunnel and cavern network hummed with the business of a multi-galactic war machine. Soldiers trained, the apparatus of conquest was produced, high-ranking officials schemed and strategized, and dignitaries and petitioners alike flocked from across the universe, seeking an audience with the Ancient One.

No longer.

In the course of an apocalyptic confrontation with Ra and Trinity Blue, the planet was first drained of all life force by the Ancient One, in order to further power his own efforts in the battle, and then ultimately shattered by the cosmic strength of Ra.

Now, what was once a planet is little more than a field of debris orbiting a dead star, a hazardous miasma of planetary particles, bits of machinery and masonry, and the occasional bit of organic remains, all permeated by a palpable negative energy left behind by Nordok's long habitation.

While few would care to venture into such an unwholesome and hostile environment, those who do stand some chance of discovering some partially-intact remnants of Imperium science or magic, provided they can avoid the hazards and withstand the price the area seeks to extract from one's very soul.

Rules:

• This is a largely open location, provided one has the means of traveling to particularly remote and dangerous stretch of outer space.
  • If you come here, sell the danger: it is basically a unmapped asteroid field, and full of surprises. You may even find some technological or arcane defenses that remain functional.
  • Talk to me if you'd like to find some fun salvage.
  • CVnU rules apply.

Avatar image for regal_rumble_man
Regal_Rumble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm hm....

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool, I like it.

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nordok  Moderator
Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice job.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Nice! Tomorrow if I get time I will be sure to interact here!

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nordok  Moderator
Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Amaranth
Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: Is that even a question? Get the fck outta my face!

(♥♥♥ you)

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Trinity-Blue
Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth
No Caption Provided

"I love what you have done with the place old friend." - Lady Naamah

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Trinity-Blue
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nordok  Moderator

@naamah_obyzouth: Such a lovely and dignified guest will always be welcome, dear lady. :)

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@nordok: Slips into an outfit better suited for Space Adventuring. ;)

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nordok  Moderator
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@nordok:

No Caption Provided

I will celebrate by reeking havoc in the streets. :)

Chaos_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Chaos_Dragon

@schlampe: Kallak paced impatiently about one of many ready rooms in Nordok's palace. His flesh and bones had been healed, and his cybernetics repaired, since his painful defeat at the hands of Lady Liberty, but his pride was still a festering wound. In the aftermath of the destruction between the earth goddess and Malicia, he'd managed to slip away from the battlefield, and had spent several painful days avoiding discovery until the necrommando extraction team had found him and brought him back to Infernus. The Ancient one had not bothered with him since then, for which Kallak was thankful; his master was not known to be kind to failures. Since his recovery, he'd spent his time in training and meditation, regaining his edge and planning out a hundred different revenge scenarios, as he waited for further orders.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By _Sojourn_

<p>It's spelled Infernape</p>

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_dragon: Her hand clamped over her face, Malicia sat on her throne aboard the Demon's Fist sighing in frustration. Those aboard were still unable to locate the Star Wars, the goddess Liberty was unresponsive, and that all put her in a bad mood. Add to the fact that she felt it really pointless and annoying that she should contact "the blade guy" herself to tell him, but they insisted he could only be made to do so by command of her or above. She didn't even know how far the planet was from Earth, but it was supposed that it could take some time. So she made contact through the ship and issued a simple summon. "Come to me as soon as you can. Now."

Chaos_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: No sooner had the summons been relayed to him than a swirling portal opened up next to the door of the ready room. It appeared that the Ancient One hadn't been ignoring his presence, after all. Adjusting his swordbelt, Kallak stepped through the tear in the fabric of space and emerged on the Demon's Fist. Shaking off the disorientation caused by traversing the universe in such an unnatural way, he noticed Malicia seated upon her throne.

"So I see I wasn't the only one to survive that little mess."

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Nerx arrived innocuously as a mere man, seemingly harmless when it hides something more than meets the eye. In actuality it plans to find things to eat. Absorb. Evolve. At the moment his two feet only carry the body to explore. Moving harmlessly, seamlessly outside while trying to work out ways to reach the center.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_dragon: Not one for patience, she was rather pleased he made the trip so soon. Not so much that he felt the need to comment on such obvious facts. "Of course I survived. I couldn't have summoned you if I hadn't. And you wouldn't have seen if you hadn't."

Chaos_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: He shrugged. "Fair enough. Since neither of us appear to be dead then, I'm assuming you managed to defeat the other blonde creature?"

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_dragon: "Hm. She will be of no concern to us anytime soon, this is for sure," she stated obscurely, letting out a false laugh. "Your hand in the situation is appreciated."

Chaos_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: Kallak gave a brief but respectful bow. "If I may ask, what is to be my concern? It appears that I am now to wield my blades in your service."

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_dragon: "I have requested your presence," she stated, standing to face him. A snap of her fingers brought an aide scrambling to her side. "Have this chair thrown out. I want mine to spin. And to roll." This was a design she learned of while on Earth and found quite interesting. She ignored his sigh and turned her attention once again toward Kallak. "Tell me, do you know of my....beginning?"

Chaos_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: "I can't say I do," he replied, standing at casual attention. "The Ancient One was not in the habit of providing me with more information than I needed to complete mission."

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_dragon: Her feigned smile quickly fading with her interest, she turned around and sat cross-legged on the floor. So it seems I am to wait on the Earth goddess for the truth. Disappointing thoughts, since things involving the Lady Liberty always demanded an unbearable amount of patience. Though there was still the possibility the goddess was the one who had lied. "Find out about it," she commanded.

Chaos_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: A look of confusion crossed the Ephemeran's scarred visage. "Find out about your beginning? You wish me to track down your parents?"

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_dragon: It was not exactly what she had meant, but his results, or lack thereof, could be compiled as evidence when she would next meet the goddess. "Yes. That is precisely it."

Chaos_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: He scratched the back of his neck as he considered the task. "I am really more of a fighter and assassin than an investigator. I suppose I could just starting grabbing humans and cutting pieces off of them until one of them gives me the information you seek, that hardly seems...efficient."

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Nerx founded a specimen that resembles a hominid. Proceeds to eat, slowly gaining information about this location. More importantly, who runs the operations.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_dragon: "Don't question. Do as I command." For a number of reasons, she was feeling irritable, more than usual, her hands clenching hard on her knees. "I expect satisfactory results." Expect probably wasn't the best word. "Want" would've been correct.

Chaos_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: Still puzzled, Kallak gave the traditional Ephemeran salute and withdrew from the room. He was not generally one to think too deeply about the implications of a mission, but this one was so far outside of his experience that he couldn't help but mull it over continuously. However, he at least managed to come up with a workable plan.

Heading toward the robotics level, he began issuing orders. Every scout-class robot was to have the Destructor's genetic profile loaded onto their databases. Their holographic projectors would allow them to blend with the human population, and their scanning capabilities were more than up to the task of seeking a genetic match. It was far from guaranteed to produce results, but it was a start, at least.

Xundar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Xundar

@nordok: General Xundar strode purposely through the halls of the palace, the heavy tread of his metal feet giving ample warning to the lackeys and sycophants to clear his path. Paying no heed to the legions of armed guards he passed, he entered the audience chamber of Nordok the Ancient, and reverently lowered himself to one cybernetic knee before the massive, mechanical frame of his master. He did not speak, but instead waited for the ruler of the Abyssal Imperium to address him.

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nordok  Moderator

@xundar: A noxious, smoke-like substance began to seep from the mechanical form, and two sets of malevolently glowing eyes regarded the cybernetic demon from within the miasma.

"Welcome, General Xundar." The voice of the ancient one was deep, dripping with malice, and had a metallic echo to it. As he spoke, an unhealthy, greenish energy danced and rippled across his massive body. "It is time for you to turn your attention away from the insignificant rebellion on Ephemera; that task can be left to lesser beings. You are to assemble a personal fleet to your own specifications, and shall begin bringing additional planets into the Imperium's fold."

Xundar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Xundar

@nordok: Beneath his helmet, the bestial face of the Imperium's Supreme General had twisted into a horrible rictus of a smile. "It shall be done as you will, great master," was all he said by way of reply, and with that, he rose to his feet and exited the room, to begin his preparations.

Saraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: (not meh best but least got it started)

“I think it’d be safe to say that while the world hasn’t gone to hell it’s well on its way. War and destruction are a plenty. Demons and monsters fill the headlines. Heroes, not sure we got them. What we do have our vigilantes. People who kill in their belief of right and wrong. Not to say everyone deserves life, but doesn’t mean we’ve the right to end them. Monsters can be slain, people deserve being treated like such. Death should be finite and as such should be a last resort.” The youthful teen spoke as she relaxed on a moon mildly mad one couldn’t really chew gum in space.

“Sometimes though there are forces that call for desperate measures. Near me is a planet, one governed by machines built for war and nightmarish things. As of yet they’ve had little collision with earth but for how long? There was one encounter on Earth that called me here. They’ve a woman who conveniently looks much like me. Her looks aren’t what attract me though. I’ve reason to believe she can be saved, made a force of good. She just needs the eyes to see the truth. So thus I begin, to confront a galactic empire on a rescue mission.” ‘Ugh I swear I need to stop talking to myself like this so lame.’

Granted Sara didn’t approach with caution, she wanted the attention of one of the commanding figures of this galactic force. She kept it simple, at a million ton strength she flew at the least populated location at meteor like speeds. Roughly a hundred and sixty thousand mph speeds behind such a powerful blow left a fair impression. A large crater, a lot of dust in the air, maybe a few dead robots and mutants. It wasn’t enough to attract an army against her, but she figured it enough to say she deserved investigation. Threat potential was high, hopefully enough to attract a particular woman’s attention. Of course Sara tried not to think of the alternative, that the target wasn’t here and instead a remarkable force would assail her. She tried not to think of that grim possibility.

No Caption Provided

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nordok  Moderator

@saraph:

The impact had not gone unnoticed. The arrival of the newcomer had been noted by the defensive fleet surrounding the planet, though its size and speed had resulted in it being labeled as a probably meteorite. Nevertheless, caution ruled the day on a planet with such extensive security, and at the very least, such projectiles often contained precious metals or other valuable resources. A Reaper, one of the hundred-foot behemoth robots that served as the elite forces of the Imperium, was dispatched to the crash site to conduct an analysis.

No Caption Provided

Landing on the rim of the crater, the metallic monster did a brief scan of the new arrival, and found that her appearance matched that of a being it had on file.

"Visual identity confirmed," the colossus intoned in an emotionless, digitized voice. "Welcome, Destructor. How may this unit assist you?"