If you could write a story using another viner's character...

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I could write any story..

'The Last Shot' would be the name, and it would star CV Prime Longshot and Cain.

Cain would discover he has inoperable brain cancer. All that time running around fighting with heroes has exposed him so much strange radiation no magic or technology he can afford will save his life. He's going to die.

He only has a few weeks left. The pain, sickness and confusion are already starting to affect him. He'll spend his last days in horrible pain on his deathbed.

Watching the famous hero 'Longshot' marry the intergalactic Green Lantern Sam Heller on national TV.

Cain just can't take it anymore. He snaps. He goes father then he's ever gone. This is his last chance, he has to make it count.

He calls in every favor he has, cheats everyone he's gotta cheat, and kills who he's gotta kill. He works frantically he has only a week to do the impossible. Prep for the final battle. He doesn't sleep. He drinks whiskey like water to dull the pain. His hair starts to turn grey. But at last everything is ready.

When everything is ready he breaks into a hospital, takes everyone hostage, and rigs the place with hundreds of traps.. and cuts the heads off of a new born baby. Longshot gets it in the mail with a note. One child is beheaded every hour until he comes to face Cain.

Sam is away in space, her last mission before their wedding so he can't call on her for help. No other hero can respond in time, and besides Cain promised to blow the entire hospital if he sees anyone but Longshot.

So Paxton comes alone.

The meet in the darkened coders. Both know this is the end. This is the final battle.

Longshot fights with all of his heart and skill against his arc rival, the way he always does.

But Cain.. Cain is a man possessed. He has not slept for a week, yet fights with the strength and fury of ten men. He doesn't seem to feel pain. There is no fear in his eyes, only a fanatical madness only the Irish mercenary can understand. This is his lifes work. His magnum opus. Animated by something beyond space and time, that primordial spirit that drives men to everlasting greatness he does the impossible.

He beats Longshot, in the pooring rain and flashing lighting atop the hospital roof.

He defeats him physically. Both men are beaten to near unrecognizable pulps of shatter bones and hammered tissues. But while Longshots body fails him, Cain stands still. As if already dead, his body driven by mad willpower alone.

Longshot only has one arrow left, and Cain a single bullet.

But Longshot in his heart knows that even in death he fought the good fight, and finished the race. He did all any man could do, and more. It was never his will or his courage that failed, only his body. In truth he always knew he would die fighting.

As Cain raises his gun, and dozens of news helicopters record the final moments..

..Sam Heller arrives. Around the world hearts lift. This was the moment. Longshot had one arrow left, and his soon to be bride had arrived in all her power. This was the reversal, the moment when once more the hero emerged from certain defeat.

But it wasn't. Cains final round pierces her shielding, killing Heller instantly. A mocking Cain tells Longshot about the Hellers DNA that coated the bullet while Paxton holds her lifeless body in his arms.

Cain laughs like the devil himself, the echo of his final shot ringing in their ears.

At last Longshot breaks, and his last arrow takes Cain in the heart. Its the last arrow Paxton will ever fire.

Cain laughs all the way to hell.

--

Longshot hangs up his bow. No dramatic 'I quit!' moment, but.. he just stopped going out. He is afraid he'll kill again, just.. one more who deserves it.. and one more.. and one more after that.. And where does it stop?

He starts to drink a lot.

Eventually he takes the bow out and buries it. He can't take looking at it anymore. Hanging there like its taunting him.

After a while his friends don't come around anymore. They give up on a man who has given up on himself.

Sooner or later he finds himself homeless.

Eventually he's found dead in an ally, frozen to death, malnourished.. with a whiskey bottle clenched tightly in his icy fist.

Its Cains favorite brand.

This is amazing.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grift3r: Thank you, I'm glad you've enjoyed it.

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By Lux_Invictus

@nerx Realizes the error of his ways and reforms into a "good guy" befriending other heroes and saving hundreds of innocent lives in the process.

You're welcome buddy.

EDIT: You're also a vegetarian and you watch The View almost every single day.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@lux_invictus:

A scottish band? noooooooooooooooooo

by eating bad guys >.>

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@lux_invictus: make a ray to vegetize people :)

I'm one hundred and ten percent behind this. XD

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

Rp plan where he and vegans will attack america and china for a vegetarian revolution

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@amazingangel said:

@nerx said:

Rp plan where he and vegans will attack america and china for a vegetarian revolution

How bout one where Lux and Angel go into Mcdonalds and slap burgers out of peoples hands. XD

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How bout one where Lux and Angel go into Mcdonalds and slap burgers out of peoples hands. XD

I just decided this very second that Lux is a vegetarian JUST so I can smack burgers out of people's hands.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@amazingangel said:

@nerx said:

veggie terrorism

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By AmazingAngel

@nerx said:

@amazingangel said:
@nerx said:

@amazingangel said:

@nerx said:

veggie terrorism

You got that RIGHT!

@amazingangel said:

I just decided this very second that Lux is a vegetarian JUST so I can smack burgers out of people's hands.

Join the Vegelution.

Adepta-Occulta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Adepta-Occulta

I actually have a few stories/arcs I'd write involving Mister Surreal if I could yoink him.

Being that there are so many people who've called themselves "Sorcerer Supreme," I've always had the headcanon that several persons making claim to the title Sorcerer/Sorceress Supreme has always been down to the existence of several large organizations, each considering themselves authorities (if not the singular authority) on magical affairs. Similar to how in boxing there is a WBC, WBA, WBO, and IBF and each of those potentially having different champions, with each vocally claiming paramount legitimacy, but none having any more actual authority over others. Most mages would simply align with the organization of their choice, whether because of fear, loyalty, respect for principles, knowledge, etc. Some orgs would even have particular things they specifically emphasize over others, possibly even neglecting various fields of study and behavioral codes, but never openly expressing this as neglect because they all want to appear well-rounded. The title "Sorcerer Supreme" itself doesn't imply any sort of sovereignty over magic users, but does convey a level of status based on knowledge and/or capability, earns one respect, a level of soft authority based more on informal norms than formal laws (similar to how respected and well-connected people can influence happenings in the real world), and a weightier voice to comment on matters pertaining to the whole of "the world of magic."

I'd write Surreal campaigning for his organization. Writing articles, giving speeches, taking part in debates, having various interactions with individuals from different organizations, both friendly and with enmity. There'd be a schooling system with various schools around the world, hidden from the outside world, that I'd work out where most practitioners learn, and others would be in essence "homeschooled" by parents, family members, cults, etc. I'd explore various schools of thought and philosophies from "professors" and students.

I'd write him and others who claimed "Sorcerer/Sorceress Supreme" having discussions and trading literature similar to how many of the earlier westerners would in Europe. He'd have friendships akin to the likes of, for example, Thomas More and Desidirius Erasmus, and enemies. Magi with whom he'd respectfully trade sentiments and ideas in the form of essays and books, agreements and disagreements, to attempting to wholly discredit ideas and trading barbs in their works.

And of course, any Sorcerer Supreme is able to challenge another to an actual, formal duel under any number of circumstances, negotiate terms, and actually fight it out. Like in boxing, organizations and sorcerers themselves would see this as extremely risky and most of the highest-level sorcerers would never actually test themselves in this way, for fear of the loss of legitimacy if they couldn't win. Except where tensions were extremely heated, they'd mainly prefer the ambiguity of arguing back and forth without risking life or position. But I'd write Surreal as the exception. He's that guy with the old school boxer's mentality. He believes in his ideas and his capabilities so strongly that he'll debate and combat anybody at any time. I'd write him on his quest to unify the title of Sorcerer Supreme, often placing himself at a disadvantage just to get the opportunity to prove himself and to remove the bad actors within the society. Dealing with losses which may also entail the loss of power, possessions, privileges, and the right to lawfully practise certain magics forbidden to all but the most trusted of magi. The process of rebuilding himself and making a comeback.

I'd work in some cameo/Easter eggs/references, and outright storylines, involving various others around the Vine too. Matthew's trying to consolidate the title, while also learning of and trying to prepare everyone for entities such as Ezra Strix and Nordok the Ancient despite knowing next to nothing about them, few having heard of them, and even fewer actually believing they exist. The Kejijo and people speculating on whether the clan really exists, where they might be located (that one would be relegated to an Easter Egg reference though). Whispers about Emilie Aensland's accident, individuals taking an interest in her daughter (and, later, her miraculous recovery). Comments, speculation and scandal as Brenna Luthor steps down as Sorceress Supreme and endorses Matthew without even consulting her organization, pretty much ruining that org in the eyes of the magical community, while also putting her reputation at stake because some suspect a clandestine affair between her and Matthew. Navigating the burgeoning friendship between them, coming to terms with her resentment at him having surpassed her, and ambivalence as the two do begin to feel strongly for each other amidst all this. [If I'm feeling subversive I'd give them a Tori Amos/Neil Gaiman style friendship, where they're just really close but despite speculation there's never even a hint of the pretense of romance between the two. Otherwise, first instinct is to just let them catch feelings while dealing with her ambivalence as a point of tension.]

Eventually, Matthew would have to die. I'd probably end up refining this several times over from the time I started it to actually getting there, but what I'm seeing right now is...Eventually, Matthew is so close to his goal he can taste it. There's only one sorcerer left whom he has to beat in order to truly become Sorcerer Supreme. There's one holdout, a dark wizard who, while knowledgeable and powerful, fears losing everything he's worked his whole life for. Before he can challenge the one holdout, Matthew experiences a premonition. It could be nothing, but he senses it's not. No crystallized imagery, more...the thing all feelings, thoughts, and ideas exist as before we came up with words to label them in order to discuss them. "A feeling of dread" is the closest approximation he can come up with but that fails to come anywhere close to the experience. As assuredly as the fact he draws breath, he knows he will die prematurely, and he knows it won't be long. He's fearful, and regretful. He's scared that he won't get to accomplish everything he needs to accomplish. Scared that he knows not how much time he has. There's still one more he still needs to defeat to consolidate the title, and because they know both his exploits and his ultimate goal, the other is even more unwilling to accept his challenges than the others, always rationalizing refusals in ways he knows will resonate best with his base and confused/conflicted others. Among the rest, Matt is afraid that he won't be able to prepare the world for the coming threats. Regretful that his quest for the title of Undisputed Sorcerer Supreme - while in part motivated by the altruistic desire to remove bad actors, progress scholarship and ideas, to better the community and foster better relations between interdimensional parties - he must admit was also significantly motivated by his ego, the desire for personal glory above all others. Maybe not entirely consciously, but in some part of his mind he was aware. He regrets that this pursuit has caused him to neglect more pressing matters. The Horned God is coming and no one is prepared. Ezra's malicious agents have begun to act more openly, presenting actual disruptions of the "mundane" world in order to prepare it for his coming.

Dejected, Matthew resigns himself to only almost accomplishing his goal as Sorcerer Supreme, but feels that to truly deserve the title he can never have, he has to commit himself to the ideals underlying the pursuit, rather than the pursuit of the accomplishment itself. Attempting to rally the international community of mages to stop Strix and his confederates, Matthew takes charge. He's in his books researching and he's in the world fighting. Over the course of felling several of Strix's generals and a voidbeast, Matthew and Brenna and the others (I'd make an effort to, in some way, work in almost everyone who made Surreal's TV list.) learn they are searching for something. With the help of Brenna and a few other respected mages to perform a ritual, Matthew is able to reach into the mind of one of the recently deceased, and he learns that they are in fact looking for a someone, but the group learns nothing more.

That night, he has another premonition. This time, a vision as well. He sees a peculiar girl, almost human, experimenting with strange magics. She toys with magics often looked down upon by others as "lesser," and experiments with magics he's never heard of before, but which have the potential to threaten and even supplant the gods themselves. There's not an authority in the realm that would approve of this, but in the hands of the wrong person, these could do a lot of damage not just to the Earth itself, but across the planes. She has to be stopped!

And yet, the girl is without malice. She's a virtual blank slate, devoid of...almost anything. Her mind is like that of a scientist, with the curiosity of a child, and it is perhaps the naivete of perfect neutrality that keeps her from understanding or caring for the damage she's about to bring on potentially the multiverse.

Matthew has found his new purpose, and the means to achieve his original goal.

Surreal sets out to find her before Strix and his cronies do, and he does (though not without trouble and a few confrontations). After a brief confrontation he explains himself, and the situation with Ezra. The girl, who is unwilling or unable to identify herself, knows. She's been evading Ezra for a long time, she explains. She has a wealth of information no one else does and Ezra wishes to use her to his advantage. She shows very little affect. It's not difficult for Surreal to convince her to come along with him, but she refuses to stop the obscene experiments. He can't just kill her, and if he makes an enemy of her she might just choose to align herself with less reputable characters and adopt elements of their personalities and philosophies, so he decides to teach her and, if she's worthy and takes to his teachings, make her his successor-to-be. He enlists the likes of Helena, Brenna, and others in preparing, both for Strix's coming and for Surreal's death.

Together, they rally their allies and followers to create a firm structure to teach the girl, and also to prepare in case they fail to protect her, or if she becomes more a threat than the savior into which he wishes to mold her. Matthew spends the most time with her but the others aid however they can. In time, she does begin to develop somewhat. Conflict comes as her personality refines itself but she becomes a decent person, if somewhat cold, at times detached to the point of cruelty. At some point I'd like the story to confront the idea that Matthew was so thrilled about her being a virtually blank slate because it meant he could try and make her as an extension of himself. That his ego couldn't completely let go of his failures and by grooming her to be the next Sorcerer Supreme, he could solidify his place in history and sate his need for that affirmation. She would have his ideals, espouse his ideas, be forever grateful to him and speak highly of him to everyone who followed her, and others would say how well he'd done in teaching her. Thus, in a way he's still the "father" of the lineage of the true Sorcerer Supreme. This causes something of a rift between Surreal and his protege, and they fight. Days go by and she refuses to see or speak to him. Weeks go by. A month. She interacts in her normal way with everyone else, but becomes cold and unresponsive any time Matthew enters a room.

In her need for space, the girl inadvertently gets herself caught up with Surreal's remaining rival. He thinks he can use her as a bargaining chip, that by turning her over to Strix, the Horned God will aid him with knowledge and powers from the Black Hallows, which will help him defeat Surreal and become the Sorcerer Supreme. Surreal performs a scrying spell which abruptly fails when the dark wizard realizes he's being watched and banishes Surreal's extended consciousness from that location. But Surreal has seen just enough prior to the banishing that, with some help, he and his allies are able to work out the dark wizard's location.

They arrive at the castle and battle their way through the dark wizard's defenses, suffering many casualties in the process. Some die. Some are grievously wounded in ways from which they'll never recover. All the while, taunts ring out from the walls in the dark wizard's voice. Some are driven mad by what they see and experience inside. But Matthew and Brenna are able to reach the study where the dark wizard resides. Surreal is eager to save her and end this. Not once does the thought of consolidating the title cross his mind. They blast in the door—

—to find the dark wizard's mutilated form strung up in the center of the study. He's been flayed alive and chunks of his body are missing so that bone is visible, making him look like a marionette. He hangs from the ceiling like one as well. The room is covered in blood, almost as though someone smeared his skinless body over the walls, ceiling, and floor. He yet lives, managing to choke out a few words, barely intelligible. The duo inches closer to hear what he's said - that she's in the dungeon laboratory - then he chokes briefly, and every bone in his body shatters at once. The culprit is another, a wizard from the Black Hallows itself. He claims the girl has a much greater purpose than what the lowly Earthlings want for her. Matthew begs to differ--at the very least, her path has to be her choice. Cue philosophical debate, and of course because of the medium and because entertainment, philosophical debates must be solved through direct combat.

They do battle, destroying much of the study and causing extensive damage to the castle itself. The wizard proves more than a match for both Brenna and Matthew, no one escapes without injury, but ultimately Matthew is able to deal a fatal blow. They rush to the dungeon and find the girl, secured to a contraption of spikes and hooks, her chest pried and held open and something glows in her chest. Recognition flashes on Matthew's face but he says nothing. The two rush to her side. Slowly, agonizingly slowly, they manage to free her. The castle prevents them from teleporting away so they head back toward the staircase—stopped abruptly as another voice echoes from the walls, politely welcoming them to the Strix Pomest'ye. Ezra emerges from the wall behind the girl. He smiles an inhumanly wide smile and expresses how happy he is to have company. It's been so long. He's been meaning to redecorate anyway.

He is the perfect host. Offers them food, refreshments. Asks if they wish to stay the night. He's feeling so kind, he'd allow them to stay forever.

In fact, he insists.

Several portals open from the walls, tendrils extending to bind the sorcerers but, wounded and depleted as they are, they are able to fight them off. The portals remain open, allowing a great voidbeast - a dragon from the Black Hallows - to enter the room. Surreal sends Brenna on her way. She resists, as does the girl, who protests furiously but has no strength to resist or offer anything to the situation. There's a brief argument followed by resolution. This is where Matthew's life has always been headed. They can't all make it out alive. The least he can do is make sure someone does. After all, two is better than none. They express their love with a kiss and Brenna rushes tearfully upstairs with the girl incessantly crying apologies and begging him to save himself. She is too weak to resist as Brenna carries her away.

Surreal faces Ezra and the snarling voidbeast, neither of whom has moved. Ezra stares at where he last saw Brenna, wearing a distant smile. He turns his eyes on Surreal. Congratulates him on achieving his goal of becoming the Sorcerer Supreme, and asks if he thinks his protege can handle such a responsibility herself. Too fed up to appreciate the irony of it all, Matthew states defiantly that defeating the others isn't what made him Sorcerer Supreme--"This is." ["This" referring to his continuous labor and his sacrifice for the greater good.] Cue Doctor Strange gif as he prepares for battle. The voidbeast roars but Ezra calms it, languidly lifting a hand. He steps forward, hands at his sides.

It is a short battle. Surreal is severely wounded and Ezra is extremely powerful to the point he doesn't know if he could defeat him even without the exhaustion and injuries. He pretends at offense but his only real goal is to defend and to keep Ezra busy long enough for the others to escape. He does. An extrasensory awareness pings him as soon as the others have successfully escaped to a distance allowing them to teleport away. He dies, still regretful, but satisfied. Regretful that he won't get to see for himself the future that the others will make, but satisfied knowing that ultimately, it will be good.

Back home there is a letter Matthew prepared in case he didn't make it back, expressing his desire that Brenna take up the title of Sorcerer Supreme once more and teach the girl so that someday, when she is ready, she can carry the torch.

Turren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Turren

@adepta-occulta: ......You just created a fully fleshed out story from what I presume is a reasonably short period of time, and I'm here just like:

No Caption Provided

Seriously, I don't know how to voice just how well done I view this as being, almost makes me feel bad that you don't have this character instead of I >_> But in response to what you said about the connotations behind the title of "Sorcerer Supreme", my head canon was pretty much the same as yours, which is to say that it doesn't imply a sense of superiority over other magic users, but is really just an earned title that garners respect from knowledge, experience, competency and ethics. Canonically speaking, Surreal's particular school/organization gave him that title over his competitors due to his showing not just an extreme level of competency of with his powers, but also by being a paragon of their institution's ideals. So the exact method by how their Sorcerer Supreme is chosen isn't something that can really be fought for and won with sheer might, but something that is earned with good judge of character who demonstrates the capability needed to effectively overcome the threats that the position entails that they confront.

But personally, both myself and Surreal are of the opinion that ultimately, the title of Sorcerer Supreme is meaningless, not just because it would seem to lose value with the number of individuals who could all hold the title at any given period of time, but also because (as much as he respects are appreciates the position), any person can be the Sorcerer Supreme. There's no special attributes that one needs to be one (at least in Matthew's and my mind), the whole concept is more of a respectful "feel good" than something that should be worshiped and sought after like one would seek godhood, but more like a proud concept than any individual can follow (like the "special" in the Lego Movie). Not at all dissing your idea, because I LOVE it, just making some comments and sharing my own thoughts. All I'm saying is that I myself would preach that the title is ultimately only as good as the individual that holds it, which could be anyone, because in our own eyes:

No Caption Provided

Seriously, we really need to rp magically some time >_>

Adepta-Occulta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Adepta-Occulta

@turren: Thank you for your kind words. ^_^ In many ways you are too kind (I'm sure that if I were actually writing Surreal, I'd be much worse than this general outline makes it appear, and as I said I'm sure a lot of things would change over the course of playing it out). Also, how dare you not notify me that I've been on-and-off typing "Arthur" in place of "Matthew?" Disgraceful!

No worries. And that's not to imply that combat is the be-all and end-all. I am a very combat-minded person, and CV is often a combat-oriented medium (and people in general seem to enjoy actual physical confrontations as a preferred form of representing conflict), so I'll probably talk about that most (or seem to), but this is the reason I also emphasized the debates, articles and essays, and other kinds of exchanges as well. (I mean, it's just a made-up hypothetical so it's not the slightest bit important but I do try to account for things like that, for the sake of a coherent world.)

It's also why, in the case of combat, duels have to be formalized under mutually agreed-upon terms. So there's no killing someone in their sleep and then saying "okay I'm the Sorcerer Supreme!" As well, I considered things like you may have someone who knows a lot, acts on good faith and is more respected, but maybe they're older and not quite what they once were, or they may simply be outdone by someone who is simply more powerful, more battle-focused. Might doesn't just make right. At the same time, there're (in my mind) some almost laissez-faire elements as well. Not totally because, as I said, there are "laws" and some things are formalized for the sake of safety and principle, but in large part any magus would be allowed to approach magic with any approach they please. A complete blank slate. Perhaps Rodnificus believes the optimal future of magic lies construction and fostering relationships between the realms. And Lorna believes magic's future lies in understanding ways to be better at combat, in order to dominate and protect our realm against others. It almost goes without saying that Lorna will work more on understanding combative magics, attack and defense, so Rod may wish never to fight her. And she couldn't force him. And yet, combative magics are a major element and area of focus for pretty much all prominent PC mages who've come through CV (for obvious reasons), so it can't be dismissed entirely. (I use PC's as the benchmark most often, imagining them as the more exceptional individuals, and NPCs may be extraordinary, but unless otherwise stated PC's > NPC's. Because in practical terms, that's how it happens on CV. The same way general perception other writers in the forum have of a character, I often play as at least having a plurality of thought among the NPC masses. Just another example of OOC feeding into IC and building a world other writers an believe in. Things are easier to believe if we see them. We see a lot of combat focus, so it's easy to believe combat is considered a not-insignificant focus for many.) If Rod argues that combat is inconsequential, well, he can argue that however he likes, and Lorna may wish to argue that this is utterly foolish, arguing for a "practical" approach that all you build doesn't mean anything if you can't protect it from those who wish to do harm to it all. "Survival of the fittest" - in the wild, there are no rules. You get by however you can. If you're a chameleon, maybe you don't move as much so predators skip right by you. If you're a gazelle, maybe you don't have that so you gotta be faster to outrun the predators. If you're a T-Rex, you may be able to kill the tiny mammal that flies or burrows into the ground, but when that asteroid hits suddenly your size and teeth aren't such an advantage.

Perhaps Mara and Lorna both believe combat is the future, but they have wildly different approaches. They could argue, or they could fight it out. They could do both. But if they're both arguing about the best approach to combative magics, well, in theory there's one easy way to prove who has the best ideas--the empirical approach. Likewise, it may be just as well for any two sorcerers to compete in a challenge of their own choosing to determine who has better ideas. And one challenge may not be enough. But say Matthew and Lorna duel and he beats her. Then they both work on construction theory and he bests her in a challenge. They work on divination and he bests her...well, it's not looking very good for her.

Basically, the world is chaotic and anything can happen. The landscape could change at any moment and that's why a well-rounded Sorcerer Supreme is recommended.

Then there's also Brenna, as mentioned above (and a lot of it is also based partly on a post you may remember Paragon actually wrote--another great example of reading perceptions of other writers/characters and factoring that into the "majority opinion" of NPCs). The post didn't indicate she and Matthew fought, nor that they exchanged ideas and she learned she was wrong. It was based primarily on the fact others were recognizing Matthew as the "Sorcerer Supreme" and she felt like she'd "failed" for some reason. Thus, she simply relinquished it all and acknowledged Matthew as superior--no one else. He becomes the de facto "sorcerer supreme" through that particular lens because (going back to the scenario and applying that theory) everyone who subscribes to that org acknowledges her as the preeminent voice and she then acknowledges Matthew. Like the Quickening in Highlander, or a "rub" in pro wrestling.

And of course, there's also the "dirty politics" angle--everything's funner with dirty politics. It's the way things happen in the world and I see no reason this shouldn't be played the same.

But personally, both myself and Surreal are of the opinion that ultimately, the title of Sorcerer Supreme is meaningless, not just because it would seem to lose value with the number of individuals who could all hold the title at any given period of time, but also because (as much as he respects are appreciates the position), any person can be the Sorcerer Supreme.

See? Interpret this statement a particular way and you've got a solid motivation for wanting to consolidate the title.

I will also admit I started this with the idea of a younger Matthew in mind at the start, and having him maturing over the course of years. The last arc itself would probably take place over the course of at least a few months if not a year or more. (It might seem like a long time but it's really not, when considering all the zigs and zags interpersonal dynamics take around here, the fact this is just a general overview, the actual time it represents to the characters themselves [if you had only a year to live it wouldn't feel like very long at all].)

Avatar image for deactivated-642516d22f522
deactivated-642516d22f522

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adepta-occulta: I have no words to express on how brilliant that story idea is. Well done. ^_^

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I were write a character, it'd be Samson Starr.

Here is what I'd do with him:

There have been hints here and there Samson holds a dark side. I'd explore this. And since Gambler has admitted his character is hedonistic, I'd embrace that. The more he gets to know Caitlin Riker, the more he works with her, the more he wants her for his own. But not for love, at least not in it's purest sense. He loves her in his own unique way, but he's not attached to just any single woman.

So, Caitlin accepts this at first since she admires Samson so much. But eventually her heart aches for true love. But she's too afraid to say anything to Samson since he pretty such saved her from a life off the streets and gave her another chance when no one else would. So she says nothing about wanting true love from him.

Samson Starr eventually gets a lust for power, wanting to absorb the powers of every member of the Justice League Alliance. His claim is to help the Selebrity Brand and everyone else. But his real goal is ultimately selfish. He's sick of humanity always killing themselves and Selebrity only attacking the symptom of the various problems around the world rather than the root. So his game plan is to absorb all the powers of the Justice League Alliance in order to conquer the world and become it's ruler. As the self entitled Emperor, he will put an end to war, cure every disease destroy all nuclear weapons and enforce laws to ensure no one breaks the rules. The new laws he'd enact would be harsh and some would even result in the death sentence. If this plan works, Samson would eventually become a tyrant, sliding ever more downward into a true villain until even the smallest crimes warrant the death penalty and a resistance of heroes form to stop him. But first, he has to make sure his plan succeeds, but before it can there is someone he needs to convince his plan is the only one that will work.

Caitlin gets wind of Samson's plans and she become conflicted. Samson is her personal hero who has given her everything. The two have some kind of philosophical debate about it after Caitlin confronts him. Initially, Samson manages to convince Caitlin his plan is best for everyone and she begins to help him. But when Green Sentinel (Jessica Jordan) dies trying to stop Samson from absorbing her power, Caitlin sees that as a rude awakening. Again, she becomes conflicted with her internal struggle. Loyalty and her love for Samson fights against what her duty calls her to do.

Caitlin is torn up inside, but she knows she has to stop Samson so she rallies the rest of Selebrity with her, even Trinity. As Caitlin confronts Samson one last time, she begs him to stop, crying tears of sadness. But Samson is bound and determined to absorb the rest of the powers of the Justice League Alliance and that he will put an end to Caitlin if she fights him.

The roster of Selebrity fight against Samson and he defeats them. Badly wounding some, maybe even killing others. Caitlin is still somehow able to carry on the fight because during the struggle, she gets wounded but so does Samson. Both opponents have a stare down. Both say their final words to each other and this is where Caitlin reveals that she loves Samson. But Samson spits her love back in her face, proclaiming he was never in it for love since he never limited himself to just one woman. He gives Caitlin one final chance to side with him...or else. He's giving her an ultimatum.

It breaks Caitlin's heart, but she refuses and the two fight. Ultra-Woman's Power Cosmic against Samson's power to absorb other's powers. It's a titanic fight for the ages. Caitlin comes out the winner after a brutal fight that sees them both deeply battered, bruised and bloodied. Caitlin's heart has been shattered (figuratively speaking) as she holds the body of the man she loved and tears streaming down her face.

As Samson slowly dies, he asks one last thing of Caitlin. Don't bury him in the ground. Fly him into the Sun. Caitlin honors his last wish and watches him burn up as she throws him into the Sun. With a broken heart, she crash lands on Earth because she's too tired from her fight to do anything else. She eventually rethinks her life and decides to reinvent herself. So she makes another costume:

No Caption Provided

With a new look, Ultra-Woman decides to stay in Selebrity with Trinity either taking over as it's leader or becoming Caitlin's right hand woman.

Epilogue

In the core of the Sun, Samson Starr's eyes open, flaring with power and proving he didn't die after all. He's too weak from his fight to come back out, but someday he will return. It's only a matter of time. A sadistic grin spreads over his face as the story ends...for now.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@adepta-occulta: That’s a fascinating concept for a system, and I’m inclined to say that it’s an excellent point. It would definitely be very interesting to see how that structure would play out for one to earn the title of Sorcerer Supreme, I’ve even thought of an titling structure like that a while ago 🤔

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I were write a character, it'd be Samson Starr.

Here is what I'd do with him:

There have been hints here and there Samson holds a dark side. I'd explore this. And since Gambler has admitted his character is hedonistic, I'd embrace that. The more he gets to know Caitlin Riker, the more he works with her, the more he wants her for his own. But not for love, at least not in it's purest sense. He loves her in his own unique way, but he's not attached to just any single woman.

So, Caitlin accepts this at first since she admires Samson so much. But eventually her heart aches for true love. But she's too afraid to say anything to Samson since he pretty such saved her from a life off the streets and gave her another chance when no one else would. So she says nothing about wanting true love from him.

Samson Starr eventually gets a lust for power, wanting to absorb the powers of every member of the Justice League Alliance. His claim is to help the Selebrity Brand and everyone else. But his real goal is ultimately selfish. He's sick of humanity always killing themselves and Selebrity only attacking the symptom of the various problems around the world rather than the root. So his game plan is to absorb all the powers of the Justice League Alliance in order to conquer the world and become it's ruler. As the self entitled Emperor, he will put an end to war, cure every disease destroy all nuclear weapons and enforce laws to ensure no one breaks the rules. The new laws he'd enact would be harsh and some would even result in the death sentence. If this plan works, Samson would eventually become a tyrant, sliding ever more downward into a true villain until even the smallest crimes warrant the death penalty and a resistance of heroes form to stop him. But first, he has to make sure his plan succeeds, but before it can there is someone he needs to convince his plan is the only one that will work.

Caitlin gets wind of Samson's plans and she become conflicted. Samson is her personal hero who has given her everything. The two have some kind of philosophical debate about it after Caitlin confronts him. Initially, Samson manages to convince Caitlin his plan is best for everyone and she begins to help him. But when Green Sentinel (Jessica Jordan) dies trying to stop Samson from absorbing her power, Caitlin sees that as a rude awakening. Again, she becomes conflicted with her internal struggle. Loyalty and her love for Samson fights against what her duty calls her to do.

Caitlin is torn up inside, but she knows she has to stop Samson so she rallies the rest of Selebrity with her, even Trinity. As Caitlin confronts Samson one last time, she begs him to stop, crying tears of sadness. But Samson is bound and determined to absorb the rest of the powers of the Justice League Alliance and that he will put an end to Caitlin if she fights him.

The roster of Selebrity fight against Samson and he defeats them. Badly wounding some, maybe even killing others. Caitlin is still somehow able to carry on the fight because during the struggle, she gets wounded but so does Samson. Both opponents have a stare down. Both say their final words to each other and this is where Caitlin reveals that she loves Samson. But Samson spits her love back in her face, proclaiming he was never in it for love since he never limited himself to just one woman. He gives Caitlin one final chance to side with him...or else. He's giving her an ultimatum.

It breaks Caitlin's heart, but she refuses and the two fight. Ultra-Woman's Power Cosmic against Samson's power to absorb other's powers. It's a titanic fight for the ages. Caitlin comes out the winner after a brutal fight that sees them both deeply battered, bruised and bloodied. Caitlin's heart has been shattered (figuratively speaking) as she holds the body of the man she loved and tears streaming down her face.

As Samson slowly dies, he asks one last thing of Caitlin. Don't bury him in the ground. Fly him into the Sun. Caitlin honors his last wish and watches him burn up as she throws him into the Sun. With a broken heart, she crash lands on Earth because she's too tired from her fight to do anything else. She eventually rethinks her life and decides to reinvent herself. So she makes another costume:

No Caption Provided

With a new look, Ultra-Woman decides to stay in Selebrity with Trinity either taking over as it's leader or becoming Caitlin's right hand woman.

Epilogue

In the core of the Sun, Samson Starr's eyes open, flaring with power and proving he didn't die after all. He's too weak from his fight to come back out, but someday he will return. It's only a matter of time. A sadistic grin spreads over his face as the story ends...for now.

Yoooo, this is awesome. We should explore some of these plot points. Samson v the JLA got me hyped. Been looking for a way to add the Green Lantern look to Samson's wardrobe and here you had the perfect idea all along.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supreme_sapien: Yeah, just when she gets something good, she loses it. *LOL*

Aliyah_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adepta-occulta: @mister_surreal:

You mean Daddy Surreal is only SS cuz he was at the right place at the right time with Brenna? I...I dont even know who you are anymore
You mean Daddy Surreal is only SS cuz he was at the right place at the right time with Brenna? I...I dont even know who you are anymore

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@aliyah_: (Technically they both were at the same time [like how Amora is considered "Sorceress Supreme" over on Asgard] but since Matthew was getting recognized more as the Sorcerer Supreme on Earth, Benna decided to step down from her position and endorse his.)

TheEngima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By TheEngima

@high_queen@shananaI mean the High King and High Queen just handing the keys to the multiverse to Jeremiah seems like a good story to me. >_>