#4351 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when I was able to do all my ideas at once V_V

#4352 Posted by Arquitenens (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

It was fairly recent, but Abby's argument with Vincent in the Augus Magus thread. Grif is one of the easiest writers for me to play off of. When it's time to respond, everything just flows, and that whole meeting from start to finish was...great. In some ways it was cathartic for me, allowing Abigail to bite down and defend herself. She spends so much time beating herself up, rare moments like that really stand out in my mind for a long time.

#4353 Posted by Grimmwald (3291 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember Ruined Kingdom. Probably my second favorite RP/interaction after the old short post interaction in the LoS.

#4354 Posted by Rosso (5292 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember Punk. Few RPers could drive my ambivalence the way he did. Often quite tetchy to put it one way, but his character concepts were almost always a lot of fun to read and interact with.

#4355 Posted by Yazhun_Sanvun (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember non-canon and non-superpowered rpg's.

#4356 Posted by Hawkshade (4934 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso said:

I remember Punk. Few RPers could drive my ambivalence the way he did. Often quite tetchy to put it one way, but his character concepts were almost always a lot of fun to read and interact with.

He hated my guts but I always liked his characters.

#4357 Posted by Feral Nova (58105 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember that Heroes theme RPG we did. It was fun. I actually got to write with Chameleon before he vanished.

#4358 Edited by Lcienimbus (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been forever now. Was a stupid noob back then, still remember Icefire_outlaw putting up with my shit even though i broke most of the RPG rules ( didn't know them back then ). I played the evil to her good for the longest time on the RPG forums, always there to taunt her or ruin her day.

It was fun, and eventually, she always got the better of me through superior writing. She was a good friend, and i sometimes wondered where she went. I still remember my first post, with me killing a bunch of jedi just because.

...Actually had Maverick try to screw me over in another RPG by bringing up those posts where i broke the rules and trying to get me kicked out. God, that guy was [unkind]. Don't miss him in the slightest.

#4359 Edited by Lens (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I Remember getting chewed out by Darkchild for getting Loners Nightclub locked for a little while.

#4360 Posted by HumansFirst (264 posts) - - Show Bio

...Actually had Maverick try to screw me over in another RPG by bringing up those posts where i broke the rules and trying to get me kicked out. God, that guy was [unkind]. Don't miss him in the slightest.

We thinking about the same Maverick? Maverick_6?

Personally, I really liked the guy. Me and him had a lot of fun times, and he always seemed like a pretty respectful RPer to me. Maybe you caught him on an off day, or maybe something changed after I left, but I sure miss him. I really miss him, actually...

#4361 Posted by Rosso (5292 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when we lost the "Who's Online" function and there was a "Who's Online?" thread made to combat the loneliness...and also say goodnight/seeya-later to the whole forum whenever you were heading out.

#4362 Posted by Grimmwald (3291 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember the early to mid period of the CVnU when the top of the RP'ing hierarchy was LL, Gambler and I battling like maniacs. It was an extremely competitive period where battling was it's most difficult. You couldn't survive without being a great battler, and the result was the nU having CV's greatest ever battlers, counting the likes of Zauby and Sha as well. It was probably the worst period for a new RP'er to try and gain relevance because they'd quickly be swallowed into these raging battles.

#4363 Posted by Feral Nova (58105 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when I would actually log off of CV and within a couple of hours so many things would happen that I would be looking around in a panic of what to do. Sha would have started like five different battles, Kurrent would have thrown out a massive event RP, G would have started a new team, Andy would have thrown out a team RP, someone would have started a fight in Loners, DC would have thrown France on the moon and I would be dragged into several different RPs I never asked to be part of.

It was great.

#4364 Posted by Shanana (60339 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao DC would’ve thrown France on the moon

#4365 Posted by Yazhun_Sanvun (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when I would actually log off of CV and within a couple of hours so many things would happen that I would be looking around in a panic of what to do. Sha would have started like five different battles, Kurrent would have thrown out a massive event RP, G would have started a new team, Andy would have thrown out a team RP, someone would have started a fight in Loners, DC would have thrown France on the moon and I would be dragged into several different RPs I never asked to be part of.

It was great.

+100

#4366 Posted by Feral Nova (58105 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when sha vs nova battles were like six+ page posts each.... I still don’t know how we did that...

#4367 Posted by The_Matriarch (631 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when sha vs nova battles were like six+ page posts each.... I still don’t know how we did that...

Molly

#4368 Posted by Feral Nova (58105 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_matriarch: I mean YOU had Molly

I...... just don't have an excuse LOL

I was just bouncing off your energy

#4369 Edited by Velvy (2 posts) - - Show Bio

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/rpg-9/andferne-vs-gambler-what-happens-in-vegas-416249/

Can't believe that was almost 9 years ago.. Where has the time gone. I remember that pretty much being the end of my RPGing here. After that my heart was never really into it. Looking back at it I can't believe how awful my writing was. I will say this for sure. The rpg section has evolved a LOT in that time. The best thing to come out of it all was seeing the growth in peoples ability to not just write a story. But to tell and create a story.

#4370 Posted by Yazhun_Sanvun (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

@velvy: No images even. That was a long time ago lol

#4371 Posted by Hawkshade (4934 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember the early to mid period of the CVnU when the top of the RP'ing hierarchy was LL, Gambler and I battling like maniacs. It was an extremely competitive period where battling was it's most difficult. You couldn't survive without being a great battler, and the result was the nU having CV's greatest ever battlers, counting the likes of Zauby and Sha as well. It was probably the worst period for a new RP'er to try and gain relevance because they'd quickly be swallowed into these raging battles.

I remember that. We were cutthroat lol. It was awesome for us but probably sucked for the newer players.

#4372 Posted by Grimmwald (3291 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: It must have been frustrating and exhausting for new RP'ers trying to break into the scene. But at least we mellowed out with age, LOL.

#4373 Posted by Darkchild (42964 posts) - - Show Bio
#4374 Posted by Darkchild (42964 posts) - - Show Bio

@velvy: Andy?! Gaaaaah

(Tackles him in a hug hoping it really is who he thinks it is)

#4375 Posted by Grimmwald (3291 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember the family era of the nU. That was an interesting one. A lot of prominent characters all consisted of powerful families, with the Knightfalls and Liafadors being the most prominent. And for a long time, family-based factions had replaced team-based factions, which didn't experience a proper revival until the Shadow Knights were created years later.

#4376 Posted by Spyder-Byte (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkchild: That's my name. Just stopping in for some nostalgia. Curious to see what accounts I still have access to and can remember. Forgot how many of these stupid things I made over the years.

@yazhun_sanvun: I remember when it was frowned upon to put images in your rpgs. lol

I remember always trying to step up on team rosters to try and make them look better and better. Hence those CV cards getting made so long ago.

#4377 Posted by Darkchild (42964 posts) - - Show Bio

@spyder-byte: gaaaaah Andy!

#4378 Posted by Rosso (5292 posts) - - Show Bio

The portal sword that started it all. Arturia stabbed Kratesis in the face through a portal, and LL took a liking to me.

I keep meaning to play with magic and/or that kind of tele-power again. Still never exhausted my creativity with it.

#4379 Edited by Feral Nova (58105 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when team threads were really the only location threads (aside from Lexi's coffee shop and loners and maybe a couple of other small threads) we had and depending on where the team was it, it would also act like a city thread.

Example: WAL was in Los Angeles, so some of the interactions in WAL thread wouldn't happen in the WAL HQ but in Los Angeles

#4380 Posted by Shanana (60339 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember Maya Summers vs The World. Didn’t matter hero, villain, Newt you was getting the business

#4381 Posted by __Hawk__ (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#4382 Posted by Yazhun_Sanvun (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember being on a secret Calvin and Hobbs inspired team - G.R.O.S.S

#4383 Posted by Rosso (5292 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember writing a Bleacher Report-esque article for the Knightfalls' MMA-type organisation. Or at least the start of one. Still have a copy saved on my computer.

#4384 Posted by Rosso (5292 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember Longshot operating out of that big tower that, I believe, was once the base to an old team that he was a part of. Single-handedly activating that thread, and people showing up to cause trouble or seek/give help.

That, and the start of the Puzzler rivalry which was, in at least one way, responsible for Abigail. [Or at least the preliminary idea that morphed and became unrecognisable, and was eventually called Abigail.] Still one of my favourite rivalries of all those that I wasn't personally a part of.

#4385 Posted by tha_mercenary (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, RIP Longshot. What a legend.

#4386 Posted by DerbyCityRose (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when that official look thread was actually made😉

#4387 Posted by Hawkshade (4934 posts) - - Show Bio
#4388 Posted by DerbyCityRose (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: I rp here for a little while back then

#4389 Posted by Hawkshade (4934 posts) - - Show Bio

@derbycityrose: That was a long time ago. What character did you play, if I might ask?

#4390 Posted by DerbyCityRose (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: i believe it was my Sonata character back then

#4391 Posted by Hawkshade (4934 posts) - - Show Bio

@derbycityrose: Nice. Welcome back by the way. Intending to stick around?

#4392 Posted by DerbyCityRose (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Im considering it dont know where to begin though lol

#4393 Posted by Hawkshade (4934 posts) - - Show Bio

@derbycityrose: I gotcha and yeah things have changed a lot. New universe and everything. We're all in the 'CVnU' now which is basically like the real world but with superpowers and a few other changes (Venezuela is a mutant empire, there is a Gothic city which is pretty much Gotham and a few other things.)

#4394 Posted by DerbyCityRose (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: oh i see those are some big changes. I guess i'll look around a bit and see if there is a spot where i could fit in.

#4395 Posted by Hawkshade (4934 posts) - - Show Bio

@derbycityrose: Sounds good. Things are a bit slow these days so if you want to get in on something don't hesitate send out some PMs or post in the Writing Confessions thread that you are looking for a place to join in.

#4396 Posted by DerbyCityRose (65 posts) - - Show Bio
#4397 Posted by Hawkshade (4934 posts) - - Show Bio
#4398 Posted by Phantomshell (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when that official look thread was actually made😉

LOL me too! #TeamOldSchool

#4399 Posted by Feral Nova (58105 posts) - - Show Bio
#4400 Posted by DerbyCityRose (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: Nova!!❤❤

@phantomshell: Awesome those were fantastic times