I Remember

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4101  Edited By Tessa_Callahan

@shanana: I thought that was after COPs?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret trying to manipulate the name change glitch. The first one.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One area where my extreme attachment actually helped to serve, rather than hinder, me.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember mine and Gambler's first betrayal, the start of something beautiful :P

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stole a lot from Mercy and Nova in my earlier days. Not like concepts or anything, but LL told me they were the strongest at writing scenes that touched emotions - the characters', or getting a certain response from the audience. I just started reading as much of their work as possible. Old blogs, any IC posts I could find, anything, just so I could try and absorb that.

I had other users I obsessed over for combat posts, figuring how to get into that flow.

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell: Maybe it'll happen next time something like that rp drops.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember a bunch of people making a big deal of thinking Victor Grey looked like Chris Evans because his character av was Chris Evans.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4110 Feral Nova  Moderator

@rosso said:

I stole a lot from Mercy and Nova in my earlier days. Not like concepts or anything, but LL told me they were the strongest at writing scenes that touched emotions - the characters', or getting a certain response from the audience. I just started reading as much of their work as possible. Old blogs, any IC posts I could find, anything, just so I could try and absorb that.

I had other users I obsessed over for combat posts, figuring how to get into that flow.

NOW WE ARE TRUE NEMESIS!

Stealing from me! lol I honestly had no idea. Sorry you had to read through all of my mess xD

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pour out a 40 for the rap battles thread.

Warspool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

Don't make me bump it.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warspool: An exercise in futility with the language rules as they are.

Warspool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

S-word is fine right?

Should be cheeky.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warspool: Depends what the "S-word" is.

"Shit?" Yes.

Warspool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

No, something far worse...

Swag

Related image

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember WC on the 26th of April

It went a little like this.
It went a little like this.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember Barkins and Antonnius. Wonder how they're doing now.

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember the Power Ranger RPG that Sha made and I forgot to post in.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember this on newbie feeling anxious about English not being their first language, and someone saying "plenty of our writers use English as a second language, and one of them is one of the top RPers around!" And at that point I was sure that Gambler was actually French [his character was at the time so it seemed to fit].

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

And at that point I was sure that Gambler was actually French [his character was at the time so it seemed to fit].

LMAO this amuses me

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember all the storylines involving Antonia and Avalon. Specifically the one that led to Amaranth's capture and end as the proclaimed mutant messiah.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: Runs like hers are the prime reason I find myself still drawn to the unassuming cog-in-the-machine type. From artsy "executive assistant" [which was really just a glorified secretary title] swept up into a world she tried to avoid, to witnessing an accident-turned-tragedy and losing a coworker and friend in the process [RIP Mr. Cambridge], and thereon showing herself a lot colder and more ruthless, and even more driven. To the point even allies and should-be allies'd kinda take a step back and go "Hold on...What exactly are you becoming?"

It's probably the most drastic major change a character of mine has ever gone through. And the way it happened was perfect.

Annnnd now I miss her again.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Yeah I don't think any other character has gone from point a to point z, LOL. From one end to the other. She was interesting. An example of what all these crazy events can to do someone.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember all the storylines involving Antonia and Avalon. Specifically the one that led to Amaranth's capture and end as the proclaimed mutant messiah.

Same here. Something they say in wrestling is that you have to go out on your back. Amaranth had an amazing run. A lot of people had to put him over for him to get to that position and I appreciate all of their generosity. They played a part in making Amaranth what he was. The way his story came to an end didn't kill all of that energy or hype; it passed it on to the next big thing.

To this day that is one of my favorite things that I have ever done because of the positive effect it had on storylines going forward.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4127  Edited By Grimmwald

@hawkshade: Yeah it's always best when a character goes out putting another one over. Transferring the momentum to someone else will keep the creative energy flowing and a lot of stories will come from it. Had Amaranth never been defeated and just quietly disappeared, the current landscape of the mutant storyline would be very different. Ivana would've never become the Shogun, so her feud with Abigail may have never come to fruition (or at least not in the way that it did), Rafael would've never crossed paths with Ivana in any meaningful way, the Venezuela vs. US subplot would've never happened where Ivana and all the US presidents were having a cold war of sorts, Nastya would have never been created had Antonia not captured Amaranth and used his genes, and Alpha Dog would've never founded the Doghouse. A lot would have been different.

@rosso said:

@grimmwald: I love it!

I wanna do it again.

Valentina's a prime candidate given all the things she's already been through.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Yeah it's always best when a character goes out putting another one over. Transferring the momentum to someone else will keep the creative energy flowing and a lot of stories will come from it. Had Amaranth never been defeated and just quietly disappeared, the current landscape of the mutant storyline would be very different. Ivana would've never become the Shogun, so her feud with Abigail may have never come to fruition (or at least not in the way that it did), Rafael would've never crossed paths with Ivana in any meaningful way, the Venezuela vs. US subplot would've never happened where Ivana and all the US presidents were having a cold war of sorts, Nastya would have never been created had Antonia not captured Amaranth and used his genes, and Alpha Dog would've never founded the Doghouse. A lot would have been different.

Not only that, but it happened organically in a way that blew us all (myself included) away. There's kind of a feeling when things are pre-determined, where...I'm wondering all the ways you could probably trace it, but it's obvious in some cases when everyone already knows the outcome, even if it's not stated. For example when Shiho killed Stark, I just wanted him to fight me because I was so blown away by the Stark vs Amaranth battles, but then at several points Pyro would mention how tired he was of writing Stark, and there'd be jokes and things, and even from the first post it became obvious he had no intention of giving it his all, just by the language he used and tactics [e.g. not bringing his best armor, words/phrases like "foolishly," and "skip those safety measures" and stuff like that]. And I probably wasn't the only one. So when Stark did go out, it didn't even really generate anything, there wasn't much buzz, and nobody really benefited.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: I wouldn't put Valentina in the same category [although any time I write a redhead I'm always mentally headcanoning them as sort of like Toni's spiritual successor after she dispersed throughout time], because she was kinda born into a messed up world and fully embraces it at the start of me writing her. Whereas Toni was a character in a normal job, and really I just first created her because (a) I dunno, I'd always had this thing where I wanted to RP someone in a normal job, and (b) Kamelot was so popular and I could see all the people coming at him from different angles seemed to be wearing on Gambler so I served myself up as a sort of buffer. [We weren't very familiar at all at the time so I was apprehensive about asking, but he took my joke and basically went "lol do it" and I did.]

Although, Valentina is interesting to me for a whole host of other reasons.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4130  Edited By Hawkshade

Wrong thread.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frenemy's Gwen Stacy/Mockingbird character for Spider-Man Nobody, Puzzler's Spider-Boy and overall the great cast of vigilantes we had back in the day. Just wish I didn't ruin my character so early, still, those were fun times, I basically loved those.

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when a lot of the vets at the time thought WAL was a joke when it first started. It kinda was tbh but we showed them when we jumped in an large scale RP and kicked some butt xD

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4134 Feral Nova  Moderator

@ashley_knightfall: I remember when WAL was the most active thread on CV

Me too :((( RIP WAL </3 I wanna bump it but it's really just a glorified Ooc thread LOL

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember disliking WAL <_<

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4141 Feral Nova  Moderator
Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4143 Feral Nova  Moderator

I remember when someone switched the bar color (it was a bar color that ran across your name not just the color of your name) from blue to red or vise versa, it used to be a big deal and everyone would go “WHY ARE YOU RED/BLUE?!” The color shift used to be a big deal back in the day.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember turning on WAL, 3 days after joining them lol

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4145 Feral Nova  Moderator

@shanana said:

I remember turning on WAL, 3 days after joining them lol

I remember captain PMing me and AR asking us what happened LOL he thought WE did something to you xD

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I remember an all sword based team called Vagabonds. It was such a great idea but it never made it past one RPG. Shame too, I would have loved to have continued that.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4147 Feral Nova  Moderator

I remember when Mercy was first known as Dark Huntress in the rpg forums.... and something else before that before she joined the rp section xD Lol

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4148  Edited By _Drake

I remember when Merc called me out on my awful punctuation and it's been only uphill since then.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: I think she used her real name with some numbers lol

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4150 Feral Nova  Moderator

I remember when MSN was huge on CV, and I remember activity slowed down a lot because of it. Lasted a few months but then we realized it was distracting and haulting rps so we dropped it.