I would like to discuss Arthurian Mythology due to my new character. To avoid any confusion I also tagged Avalon and Camelot related stuff to clarify what Arthurian Mythology is.
Generally, the Isle of Avalon is considered in tandem with Celtic lore but isolated from the rest of Celtic Otherworld. This probably will bring up the most discussion
General related characters:
Lady of the Lake
Holy Grail quest
General Myth Concepts:
- Excalibur was created in Avalon per lore
- Avalon is a mystical place
- Its an island surrounded by a mystical mist
Avalon creatures: They live in a harmonist vibe as even the trees are alive and talk
- Will-o the wisp
General Concepts I would like to use with Avalon:
- I would like to use Avalon as a mystical place but expand it to be like Elysium (Greek Afterlife) or Valhalla (Norse afterlife) in concept.
- Time works differently in Avalon.
You can be there for say what seems like a month but in actuality its 50 years in the real world
- I would like to have King Arthur "resting" in Avalon, only to be awoken when Avalon itself is threatened as per myth
- My spin would be that Camelot Knights would be brought to Avalon after death and reside there. They would interact with the residence of Avalon, unaware of the passage of time
- A knight (such as Percival) spirit would switch places with another person from the real world. Thus the Avalon Knight would be in the real world and the real person would be in Avalon, not aware of time but can hop over different decades and centuries only when something related to Avalon is threatened
This is an open discussion regarding Arthurian Mythology and Avalon. Anyone can discuss. Thoughts appreciated.