I invite you to talk about Arthurian (Avalon - Camelot) Mythology (CVnU)

Sir_Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sir_Percival
No Caption Provided

Greetings,

I would like to discuss Arthurian Mythology due to my new character. To avoid any confusion I also tagged Avalon and Camelot related stuff to clarify what Arthurian Mythology is.

Generally, the Isle of Avalon is considered in tandem with Celtic lore but isolated from the rest of Celtic Otherworld. This probably will bring up the most discussion

General related characters:

King Arthur

Merlin

Morgan LeFey

Lady of the Lake

Excalibur

Holy Grail quest

General Myth Concepts:

• Excalibur was created in Avalon per lore
  • Avalon is a mystical place
  • Its an island surrounded by a mystical mist

Avalon creatures: They live in a harmonist vibe as even the trees are alive and talk

• Faeries
  • Will-o the wisp
  • Goblins
  • Dragons
  • Elves

General Concepts I would like to use with Avalon:

• I would like to use Avalon as a mystical place but expand it to be like Elysium (Greek Afterlife) or Valhalla (Norse afterlife) in concept.
  • Time works differently in Avalon. You can be there for say what seems like a month but in actuality its 50 years in the real world
  • I would like to have King Arthur "resting" in Avalon, only to be awoken when Avalon itself is threatened as per myth
  • My spin would be that Camelot Knights would be brought to Avalon after death and reside there. They would interact with the residence of Avalon, unaware of the passage of time
  • A knight (such as Percival) spirit would switch places with another person from the real world. Thus the Avalon Knight would be in the real world and the real person would be in Avalon, not aware of time but can hop over different decades and centuries only when something related to Avalon is threatened

This is an open discussion regarding Arthurian Mythology and Avalon. Anyone can discuss. Thoughts appreciated.

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kell_saloks  Online

Only concern is that a month in Avalon = 50 years seems a bit too much.

That's like more than a year per day in there, would be difficult to sell and mess time tables up for some people.

Shield-Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shield-Maiden

This is dope!

Question though: Are you saying if a human visits for a month, he or she will potentially come out old? Because a month in Avalon is 50 years in the real world. If so, I don’t know think a lot of human characters would visit, especially if their characters are in their 40s or something 😂

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@sir_percival: Sick, bro. Please keep my posted on how you intend to use characters like Morgan LeFey and Merlin, they're the only characters that I really need to be kept aware of in the Surreal mythos.

Sir_Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sir_Percival

@shield-maiden: @kell_saloks: I can easily drop the time equation. That's how Avalon/ Otherworld myth stated that time was different. Some would go in and come out and find everyone they know is dead. Percival and the Knights are spirits 'invited' into Avalon much like Valhalla and thus don't age, or age real slowly. I can see the problem it would pose

Shield-Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sir_percival: Besides that this is really dope, seriously. Maybe you could find a way to make that work though. For example: Maybe someone in Avalon could warn the human about staying for too long, etc. It gives the writer a choice, you know?

Sir_Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: Per myth, it does have someone meet people at the dock since it is said you have to transverse over water to get to it. I could always use Bleach's Soul Society math and say unless invited 1 Avalon year is 10 Earth years.

Technically its a good defense but I probably would have anyone invited in as mystically shielded by its effects

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kell_saloks  Online
ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kell_saloks: Said sword will be really, really small, you sure you want one? ~_^

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kell_saloks  Online

@paragonxxx: Well I'm sure the Martians can convince the faes to make a big one

;)

Sir_Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Do I have to make a template for Morgan LeFey?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sir_percival: Nope, just tell me the basics. Here, I'll help you by asking you some additional questions. :)

Is Morgan a Sorceress?

Does Morgan seek immortality?

Has Morgan survived to modern day?

Does Morgan's body age prematurely and she has to suck the life force from others to keep herself young?

Does Morgan wear body armor to hide her ugly features?

Amicus_Pacis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Amicus_Pacis

Kind of curious what you plan to do with the Knights of the Round table here? If you do plan to make much use of them.

(I don't currently have any investment in Arthurian legend I'm just curious.)

Sir_Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: first three yes and last two no. I'm in talks with LeFey in a story so Ill collaborate with the user - as per rules of Mythos

@amicus_pacis:Since I'm using Avalon like a version of Valhalla, they probably can be walking around outside of King Arthur and Galahad.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amicus_Pacis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers