#3151 Posted by _EbonyZephyr_ (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: Seee there you go, I couldn't even decipher the difference between the two! :P

#3152 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for nemesis_liafador
#3153 Posted by Nemesis_Liafador (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

Grown Yana was an underrated character

#3154 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: Holy heck, Kimbo and Ben are fighting? Since when! xD

#3155 Posted by AmazingAngel (4259 posts) - - Show Bio
#3156 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Since they both need to eat. :P

They both need to put food on the table, and Bellator needs to make revenue, LMAO.

#3157 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio
#3158 Posted by AmazingAngel (4259 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: And Shamrock doesn't seem to mind doing it through a straw.

#3159 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: How is Ken's health these days anyways? I mean he's 51 but that doesn't mean much if he's still fit and healthy, has he other issues or something?

#3160 Edited by AmazingAngel (4259 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: @pyrogram:I think I've always love the idea of Shamrock more than his actual work. :P

#3161 Edited by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: @pyrogram: I like Shamrock too but damn, he's 50, I don't wanna see him die in the cage, LOL. Kimbo is a flop, only good at beating up backyard brawlers, but against proper fighters? Flop. But if his boxing career has shown us anything is that he has crazy KO power, and at 50 years old, Shamrock's chin has turned not even to glass, but dust. I still think Shamrock'll win though. I expect him to go in there, avoid the stand-up war at all costs, get the takedown, fight for positioning on the ground, get the submission win, get booed because the crowd wanted (don't they always?) a brawl, then get paid ;)

#3162 Posted by AmazingAngel (4259 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: No I'm just mainly ripping on him for still competing at this age, I mean props to him for being healthy enough but I just think he should've found some other means of making money by now.

He was a near top level pro wrestler for crying out loud, if he'd saved that money effectively he could still be living on it.

#3163 Edited by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: I am curious though, I know 50 year old's in my MA class that don't have glass chins and can still do marathons, they are fitter than me and I'm only 19 xD Has Ken got some other issues that make you think he's greatly disadvantaged? Because Kimbo sucks, I don't see him winning unless he goes berserk backyard brawler and tires/overwhelms Ken somehow.

#3164 Posted by AmazingAngel (4259 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: Kimbo and Shamrock both have such shitty cardio at this point, I agree with you dude, it's just gonna be a sweaty, gaspy, gassy five minute hug fest... still catch the highlights tho

#3165 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: It should be fun. Ken was one of the first fighters I ever watched, and Kimbo is... Amusing. xP Should be an enjoyable fight.

#3166 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: @pyrogram: Yeah but those 50 year olds weren't in MMA at the professional level since 93 ;) Those many years of competition at the highest level, all those shots he took (he's basically brain damaged), its worn on him a lot. Add to the fact that Ken also tied some professional wrestling which had him do those crazy stunts that injured him even more, he's a shell of who he once was. And his chin is just gone. Chins tend to disappear with age, and 22 years of being hit in the head by top-flight fighters tends to turn them into glass. He's been through too many injuries and is too old to be fighting. But this is almost like the perfect match-up for him stylistically.

Kimbo might have a lot of KO power but his chin isn't all that great, granted Ken isn't going to stand and trade with him. Age has taken away both his chin and his power while Kimbo at least still has power. But that's where the disadvantages for Kimbo end. At 50, I think Ken actually has better cardio than Kimbo. Kimbo's big and very heavily muscled, muscles need oxygen and if he tries to go hard right from the beginning, he's gonna gas. Kimbo also has no takedown defense and his ground game is a myth until we see it. All Ken has to do is clinch him to the fence and smother him for maybe two rounds until Kimbo gases badly, then he can get a trip takedown, and from there its Ken's game. Ken is really good at submissions, 22 career submission victories speak for themselves. He'll either choke Kimbo out or collect a limb.

#3167 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: Maybe, also Kim is 41, and I am sure Ben is so much fitter and healthier than he is, neither of them are relatively young xD Ken is better, more technical and smarter fighter, he'll really only lose if he tries stand fighting, and who knows, due to Kimbo's boxing style, he may even lose stand up if he can't actually land that finishing blow, although I doubt Ken will evade all of them, he IS only human xD.

#3168 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Neither's young, true, but Ken has way more fights professionally, and has been fighting professionally for much longer, so he's racked up a lot more injuries and trauma to the head. His body's so crippled that he can't even shoot for takedowns properly anymore, LOL. Ken fights almost like a striker now because it hurts too much for him to use the shoot wrestling style he learned from his time in Japan. But he is still a much better fighter than Kimbo, much smarter too. I have Ken winning the fight because experience matters and he used to be the best fighter in the world and even in his worst day is still a better grappler than Kimbo. But hey, people get caught by that one KO shot all the time in fights so who knows, LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#3169 Edited by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio
#3170 Edited by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: One of the first fights I ever saw was Ken vs Gracie and that 30 minute superfight or something afterwards. Back when I first got into UFC and saw the old ones, oh man, he was fun to watch right at the start xD

#3171 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Ken Shamrock was one of the first fighters I remember watching, he really looked like the most dangerous man in the world. I also remember Dan Severn and of course, Royce Gracie. I remember when Gracie was going around choking out everyone everywhere, LOL. Its a shame when you think about how the Gracie family has fallen so much since.

#3172 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: At the start of UFC Shamrock looked like a movie megastar superhero fighter and I expected him to win every single fight xD Do you remember... What's his name, Kimo something? That religious guy who once entered the ring on a fking cross LOL! He gave Gracie/Ken a hell of a fight, I forgot who, but that religious guy was fcking insane.

You know, my uncle does Gracie Ju Jitsu and I look into it, watch videos of it, and train it occasionally and it's really not that bad as an art. It's just a shame how cult-like the Gracie family is, and how dogmatic, even like smug/pretentious they think they are xD

#3173 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: I remember that guy! Kimo Leopoldo. I remember he was giving Royce all kinds of trouble until Royce scored the armbar. Needless to say, I thought he was crazy for carrying that cross when he fought Royce, LOL.

Gracie Jiu Jitsu, its pretty good. But the Gracie family is as you said, super dogmatic and smug. They really believe all you need is BJJ which is crazy. BJJ didn't stop Frank Mir from getting smashed into the mat by Brock Lesnar, LMAO.

#3174 Posted by Nemesis_Liafador (1277 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#3175 Posted by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

@nemesis_liafador: ....

You know, I've got a nice cat gif for ya. All you gotta do is confirm! Hehehe *Snickers*

#3176 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: I kind of rooted for him, he was so insane and entertaining. It really showed that Royce was able to maintain his calm and such and win that fight via armbar. I thought Royce was going to get undone when he was exposed to the craziness of Kimo.

Yeah, a lack of anything outside of BJJ (even if GJJ teaches punch blocks etc) will get you knocked the F out. Having an understanding of the principles is a requirement in any situation and JJ is amazing for that, but how the Gracie's convince THEMSELVES it's all you need is.... I swear, sometimes the Gracie's act like they are on drugs with their self-hype.

#3177 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: I think it showed everyone that in addition to being slick with his submissions, Royce had the mentality of a champion, belt or not. But... Kimo was super entertaining, LOL. He was like a cartoon character.

No doubt. BJJ didn't get Vitor Belfort the win against Jon Jones even after securing an armbar. BJJ didn't give Frank Mir a second victory over Brock Lesnar. BJJ didn't give Nogueira the win against Cain Velasquez. BJJ is a supplementary art. In this day and age with fighting evolving so much, you have no choice as a fighter but to be well rounded. Being one dimensional is no good. Even if you're a Gracie.

#3178 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

'The jungle slang'

Loading Video...

#3179 Posted by _EbonyZephyr_ (414 posts) - - Show Bio

that starfire 1 cover....just gave me thoughts

#3180 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

Awwwww she didn't get the job... :(

#3181 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

Chance The Rapper never disappoints.

#3182 Posted by Nemesis_Liafador (1277 posts) - - Show Bio
#3183 Posted by _Dirge_ (3632 posts) - - Show Bio

Still sleepy.

I wonder how az busts out all those posts while on mobile.

#3184 Edited by _Glacier_ (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_ said:

Still sleepy.

I wonder how az busts out all those posts while on mobile.

As a dude that has RPed with her since she started mobile CV, I still don't know the answer =P

#3185 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

oh wow starfire got a solo, nice

#3186 Edited by _EbonyZephyr_ (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova said:

Its real nice ^>^

For real I just got an idea for my new alt maximus and a starfire esq character being father and daughter as an evil duo or something Needa find someone who'll be down for it

#3187 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova said:

Its real nice ^>^

For real I just got an idea for my new alt maximus and a starfire esq character being father and daughter as an evil duo or something Needa find someone who'll be down for it

>_> You're not allowed to make ANOTHER alt until you get a handle on the one's you already have lol

#3188 Posted by _Glacier_ (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

@_ebonyzephyr_ said:
@feral_nova said:

Its real nice ^>^

>_> You're not allowed to make ANOTHER alt until you get a handle on the one's you already have lol

Tell that to Azzy xD

#3189 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell that to Azzy xD

Na, Azzy is on a whole other level lol Azzy can have all the alt's in the world.

Flashfire... doesn't >____>

:P

#3190 Posted by _Glacier_ (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

@_glacier_ said:

Tell that to Azzy xD

Na, Azzy is on a whole other level lol Azzy can have all the alt's in the world.

Flashfire... doesn't >____>

:P

He-hey, now don't go around trying to steal my Azzy from me, silly Nova. I do the limit thing cause I careeeeee!

>_____>

You relationship thief.

Avatar image for hank_huntington
#3191 Posted by Hank_Huntington (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@_ebonyzephyr_ said:
@feral_nova said:

Its real nice ^>^

TOO LATE! @_maximus_ :P

LMAO Your pretty right though, I reaaalllyyy need to settle down and flesh out one my alts

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
#3192 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (972 posts) - - Show Bio

He-hey, now don't go around trying to steal my Azzy from me, silly Nova. I do the limit thing cause I careeeeee!

>_____>

You relationship thief.

I'm not stealing anyone away. I got my Sha and she's all I need :P

wait a second... I thought you had a bro thing with Warsman? ARE YOU CHEATING ON HIM!? OOOHH IMMA TELL ON YOOOOOU!

TOO LATE! @_maximus_ :P

LMAO Your pretty right though, I reaaalllyyy need to settle down and flesh out one my alts

Funny Gif Reaction Gif animated GIF

Yeah you do :P and we still need to do that Leon interaction. AND you still owe Sha an interaction post! You're so behind, stop making alts and focus!

Avatar image for hank_huntington
#3193 Posted by Hank_Huntington (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall: SDGFSDFSDFSDF I Forgot ! I'll get to to both of those in like, 5 days . and Yeahh I'll just save the newer characters ( bar maximus I neeeed to use him soooon) for summer and focus on my main 4 chars

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
#3194 Posted by Leonardo_Liafador (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Bio re-do list

Flashfire

Zexionstorm

Leonard

#3195 Posted by Nemesis_Liafador (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember the scandal when Nova found out Sha was cheating on her with Gambler

#3196 Posted by _Glacier_ (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

You better not. She's, like, the crush of all the characters I ever had in RPG Forum. And if you go back onto all their relationships, it's the deepest truth.

Well, go ahead and tell him! IT'S NOT LIKE SENPAI NOTICE ME ANYWAYS!

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
#3197 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (972 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall: SDGFSDFSDFSDF I Forgot ! I'll get to to both of those in like, 5 days . and Yeahh I'll just save the newer characters ( bar maximus I neeeed to use him soooon) for summer and focus on my main 4 chars

How dare you forget out Tassi/Leon interaction we were going to do! T___T

I remember the scandal when Nova found out Sha was cheating on her with Gambler

Glee Crying animated GIF

me too

@ashley_knightfall:

You better not. She's, like, the crush of all the characters I ever had in RPG Forum. And if you go back onto all their relationships, it's the deepest truth.

ok :P

@warsman GLACIER IS CHEATING ON YOU! >____> I THINK YOU SHOULD LAY THE SMACK DOWN ON HIM! if you know what I mean ;D

#3198 Posted by _Glacier_ (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

@_glacier_ said:

@ashley_knightfall:

ok :P

@warsman GLACIER IS CHEATING ON YOU! >____> I THINK YOU SHOULD LAY THE SMACK DOWN ON HIM! if you know what I mean ;D

#3199 Edited by _Glacier_ (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

BY THE WAY @warsman, I KNOW SOME PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SEPARATE US (yes, I'm looking at you @ashley_knightfall) BUT...

I still rero you.
I still rero you.

#3200 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

There's only one interesting fight on that card. And the only reason the UFC's holding the event in Mexico. Velasquez-Werdum.