Holy Diver

Robert_Harrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Robert_Harrow

The Bottom of Some Lake, Connecticut, five months after the Mari Crisis...

"So... what kind of music did you bring?"

"Hm? Oh right! My record player.Okaaaay, we got Sabbath, Deep Purple, Floyd, The Clash, Ramones, Minor threat, The Cramps, DK, Blondie, Fleetwood Mac, Runaways, Black Flag, DEVO, Stooges, Hendrix, Skynyrd, Whitesnake and that's not even getting into my cassettes."

“That was... I liked that. Do all of them sound like that?”

"Well, that's what Punk sounds like. It's loud, usually angry and makes you wanna throw somethin'. But in a good way."

“Robert, what’s a cassette?”

"Well, So-so, a cassette is something that's way cooler than any "Idroid" or whatever the hell people have now. Here, catch. Catch Catch CaTch CATch CAaaAAaTCH C-C-C-CATCH CATCH-CH-CH-CH-CH

CATCH

CATCH

CATCH

Robert's lifeless metal husk creaked and groaned under it's own weight, the amplified eerie echoes of the lake making his presence feel all that more alone. It was a mystery for the ages how the brutish man of metal ended up in this situation, but it was a situation regardless. His last memories before fading away were of escaping that abandoned bunker that So-so left him in, still totally unaware of everything that transpired at the school that day.

So here he stood, having drifted off a month ago in a catatonic state, his joints long seized with rust from the depths. Still, Robert was a human brain, and the brain dreamed. His dreams were pleasant, at least. Faintly recalling the few memories he had with the first and only person that treated him like a human being, So-so. He dreamed of hopes that she was alright, and fears that she died somewhere in the vents of that hanger. Dreams of how after that small glimmer of hope, of friendship, he was now alone again...

Above the slumbering machine was a rock embedded in the thick, muddy drop of the lake. There wasn't anything special about this rock, maybe that it was very round, but just a rock nonetheless. So one could say that the odds of this rock finally wiggling free from the mud after years and years of passive water currents would be fairly average. The fact that the rock slipped out of the mud's grasp, and was heavy enough to gain enough speed to clunk against Robert's metal head? Astronomical.

It turns out, that's literally all that was required to stir the life in Harrow's preserved and encased brain, as the metallic echos grasped at his consciousness until...

"...........aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-!"Robert's synthetic voice vibrated through the water, his eyes flickering to life before giving off their artificial glow. "-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-!"He screamed, for he thought he was truly dead, and had zero clue why he was at the bottom of some lake. "-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT THE SHIT!?"He finally gained some of his faculties back, instantly trying to move his head around, only finding that he was indeed rusted solid.

"Okay! Where the funk am I? The ocean!? Who gives a shit, I can't FUNKING MOVE. Ungh! ARGH!" Despite his fake noises of struggle, his body didn't move an inch. "Am I moving? It feels like I'm moving." He wasn't.

The cyborg took a pause, neglected thoughts of a month's rest suddenly rushing back. What was the date? Was the school year almost done? If he waited at the hanger, would someone have found him? Was S-

"SO-SO!" The metal punk roared, his joint suddenly breaking free from their rusty bonds. Without a second thought, or a moment to lose, Robert immediately put one giant foot in front of the other and started walking across the lake's floor with determination.

It was no time at all until he was climbing closer and closer to the lake's surface, his head finally popping through the water, and followed by the rest of his gigantic frame. Two masked soldiers happened to be standing where Robert was currently walking out of the water, giving each other a look before aiming their weapons at him.

"STOP! WE ARE ORDERING YOU TO STOP RIGHT NOW!" One of the shouted, pulling back on the slide of his rifle to show that this wasn't a bluff.

"Yeah? Blow me." Robert stated defiantly, swatting both of them away like bugs, not breaking his quaking stride for a second.

Somehow Robert already knew not to go back to the Academy, as it wasn't his home anymore, it wasn't anyone's home anymore. It was something he must have discovered between escaping the hanger, and ending up in the lake, but they were memories long lost to the robot. This was problematic to say the least, as it was going to make finding his little assassin friend immensely more difficult. Being who she was, So-so could very well be on the other side of the globe, in some unnamed city under an alias, that was Robert's best guess, anyhow.

There was one place in America where a person could locate even the lost among lost, at least in Robert's experience.

"Few thousand miles, don't need to eat, don't need to freakin' sleep... Yeah, I should get to Gothic City in a few days time. Shit, it's as good a start as I'm gonna get..." Robert muttered to himself, walking through the treeline as if it didn't exist, not breaking from the very direction of that accursed city.

"I'm comin', So-so. That's a Harrow guarantee..."

Shield-Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Beautiful post!!!! Glad to see Robert's return, and looking forward to his reunion with So-so.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2 Feral Nova  Moderator

ROBERT! T__T

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers