Hitting Rock Bottom is no excuse for murder...Part I (CVnU)

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Knight101
No Caption Provided

Lucas Knight, and Private Detective, arrives at the crime scene. Sometimes he gets a call to check one out before the cops and feds get their hands all over it. All thanks to a few key connections inside the New York Police Department and one Sarah Jones.

The two meet when Lucas approaches the crime scene, "At this rate, you might as well accept our standing offer to join our precinct and be my partner." Sarah says with a tease.

Lucas doesn't smile, he has no reaction, as always, "As usual, my answer is no. I work better as a Private Detective."

"You know, someday, I'm going to get you to smile." Sarah says with one of her own as she follows him to the crime scene.

Without looking at the gorgeous brunette, he asks, "Why? Do I need to?"

Sarah rolls her eyes, then gives him the details of the case even as Lucas approaches the body, bending down to take a closer look, "Victim's name is Carrie Crews, petit mal epileptic, has a drinking problem and a drug addict. Suspect number one is her husband who found her by the pond. Name of Russell Crews. I did some questioning and I have two additional possible suspects. Suspect number two is Helen McDermott and she's a cook at the Ruby Motel, said she doesn't like the victim. Suspect number three is Clay Austin who is the Motel Manager who may have been the victim's lover."

Sarah stops there and Lucas looks up at her, "I'll get you additional information about them later and I'll let you interrogate them at the precinct at your leisure."

Lucas nods, "Thank you. I'll need access to the body when it's transferred to the morgue and any evidence sent to me."

Sarah nods, placing her hands on her hips, "My boss won't like that, but based on past experience, he knows he'll get the evidence back."

Lucas examines the crime scene, putting on gloves and collecting anything that could be evidence. He casts a silicone casting mixture into the three abrasions found on the victims neck, takes impressions of unusual footprints found near the pond, swabs & bags a bloodstained rock and takes a few samples of a brown granular substance found on the victim's nightstand.

With evidence in hand, tagged and bagged, with all the right procedures followed, he takes off his gloves and throws them away. Then he carefully stores the evidence in the proper storage containers in his car's trunk before he gets in and drives to his office, which also has a crime lab. It has the whole works. Ballistics, forensics, the whole nine yards.

Lucas goes into his lab, with evidence in hand, and gets to work.

Who did it?! Who is responsible for a murder?! Did they have super powers?! Who do you suspect did it?

To Be Continued...