#751 Posted by Rosso (5288 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Best of luck in getting back as soon as possible! Tech problems are highly inconvenient no matter when they pop up, and usually mean notable expenses no matter what, so...Sorry for your trouble.

#752 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1778 posts) - - Show Bio
#753 Posted by Hawkshade (4933 posts) - - Show Bio
#754 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9160 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: Thank you for the information.

#755 Posted by ParagonxXx (3962 posts) - - Show Bio
#756 Posted by Hawkshade (4933 posts) - - Show Bio
#757 Posted by ParagonxXx (3962 posts) - - Show Bio
#759 Posted by ParagonxXx (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber@shield-maiden@humansfirst@hawkshade@mister_surreal

Okay, I probably forgot to tag some of you awesome people, but just a heads up:

Now that winter is next month, I will no longer be posting on CV on Fridays and Saturdays. I may answer PM's, but that's it. Sundays through Thursdays I will still be around and role-playing with some of you and those are the days I'll be active.

So, it's not a hiatus per se, but since I'll be gone, for the most part, on every Friday and Saturday then it sort of is. Just thought I'd let you all know.

@darkchild If it's okay with you, I'll get to the post I owe you on Sunday. And by post, I mean the one in the event your hosting. ^_^

#760 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1778 posts) - - Show Bio
#761 Posted by Blubber (1178 posts) - - Show Bio
#762 Posted by Darkchild (42964 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you

And I'll have the OP for our thing up coming days

#764 Posted by Sii-la (397 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss that black background so much man...

#765 Posted by superion_prime (244 posts) - - Show Bio
#766 Posted by IronPhantom (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Things are getting hectic with family moving in for the holidays. My posting has already slowed, but now it's looking like a full-blown stop may be on the horizon.

This applies to all my accounts, including Humans First, Arceus Aurelius, Iron Phantom, and whoever else I was active with. Sorry guys.

#767 Posted by Rosso (5288 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironphantom: A curse upon your family!

Kidding. Hope all goes well, and hopefully you'll be able to find your way back soon.

#768 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1778 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironphantom: Aw. Looking forward to your return, HF! Enjoy the holidays.

#769 Posted by Hawkshade (4933 posts) - - Show Bio
#770 Posted by ParagonxXx (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironphantom: No apologies necessary. Family ALWAYS comes first before CV. ~_^

Try and enjoy the holidays my friend. ^_^

#771 Posted by IronPhantom (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks all! I appreciate the kind words and regards.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it, and good luck with the insanity that is The Purge!

#772 Posted by Orb-Weaver (97 posts) - - Show Bio

On a (possibly) indefinite hiatus for several reasons. Nothing bad. Just have to. Stuff came up and I have to deal with it. See ya', true believers.

. . .

@grimmwald: I'm going to have to opt out of the rp. Rooting for ya'! ;P

#773 Posted by Grimmwald (3287 posts) - - Show Bio
#774 Posted by ParagonxXx (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@orb-weaver: Take care of yourself, hope you can make a return someday. ^_^

#775 Posted by Hawkshade (4933 posts) - - Show Bio
#776 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1778 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it’s just for a day, but just wanted to inform you guys if you don’t hear from me at all today, it’s because I am spending time with my grandfather who leaves tomorrow.

#777 Posted by Blubber (1178 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: Give your Grandfather a big hug for me.

#778 Posted by Grimmwald (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: I hope you have a good time, bella!

#779 Posted by Surazal (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber said:

@shield-maiden: Give your Grandfather a big hug for me.

#780 Posted by Somebody_ (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Going on hiatus. @cutting_edge, I hope you can take point for me with Darkchild's post. Thanks.

@darkchild: Sorry. Really wanted to be a part of the Rp and I wished I could have gotten this message out sooner, but I couldn't. My apologies.

********************************************************************************************************************************

Been rolling with the punches recently. Got lot's of other priorities to focus on. Gonna be gone for a while. Have fun everyone.

Spydey out.

#781 Posted by Darkchild (42964 posts) - - Show Bio

@somebody_: no worries man i know exactly how life can toss you crazy curve balls

#782 Posted by IronPhantom (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry guys, I haven't been on since I went up north for the holidays. Had a bit of a family situation, sister was homeless for a touch there, but things are mostly sorted now.

I don't have computer access, so I won't be postung much til I get back to my place, but I thought I should touch base and let y'all know what's what.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#783 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for johnhenrysteele
#784 Edited by JohnHenrySteele (31 posts) - - Show Bio
#785 Edited by Backstabber (6896 posts) - - Show Bio

@thief@mister_surreal

Backstabber and Blubber here,

I regret to inform you both I am quite sick and running a fever. So it will be a while till I post.

Happy New Year anyway!!!

#786 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9160 posts) - - Show Bio
#787 Posted by Thief (50 posts) - - Show Bio
#788 Posted by Jordyn_Hill (271 posts) - - Show Bio
#789 Posted by Backstabber (6896 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordyn_hill: @thief: @mister_surreal:

Thank you all for your caring and support, I am feeling much better now.

(Cough Cough)

I'l be back to myself tomorrow, I'm just going to slack it for the rest of today!

#790 Posted by ParagonxXx (3962 posts) - - Show Bio
#791 Posted by Sevyn (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope You Guys Remember Me,Sephirim Is Back!

#792 Posted by Hawkshade (4933 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been thinking about this message for a while.

Today while I was driving home I begin to draft it in my head. What would I say. Who would I thank. What would I apologize for. How to sum up my journey. Why I'm leaving.

As I drove my mind begin to wander. First it wandered to the last words of Horatio Nelson. At his last and greatest battle he saved England from Napoleon and was wounded for the final time. Three hours later his friends came to him and said that it was over; the battle of Trafalgar was won. Nelson whispered "Thank god I have done my duty" then closed his eyes and died.

I have been on CV a long time. I have fought many battles. I wear the mark of many wounds and I am tired. I would close my eyes and say that I have done my duty and be at peace.

But can I say that I have done my duty? And what is my duty anyway? After all we're just fooling around on an internet forum, right?

Perhaps. But for many years I have been afforded privileges and respect beyond that of the typical RPer. I have enjoyed freedoms here that most have not. Wielded both hard and soft power and both these swords were placed into my hand by the RPG community. With power comes a proportionate duty. The sum total of my power has been greater than any other and likewise is my duty.

As I pondered this my mind again wondered. This time to Constantinople. The year was 1453 and seven thousand men stood upon the walls of the last and greatest city of the Roman Empire. Around them was arrayed an army of eighty thousand Ottomans. Constantine Palaiologos set upon the throne. His advisers pleaded with him to flee the city. To go into hiding in Greece and try to raise an army to re-take the city after it fell. To survive it's fall and try again. He refused.

At the dawn of the Roman Empire's last day he called together his friends, allies and advisers and he apologized to them for any wrongs they felt he had ever dealt them. He went to mass one last time. Then he road to the walls with three companions.

When the battle was lost the four of them held back the Janissaries for several minutes. The Emperor knew that the city was lost and with it, the empire. He had no wish to survive it. Constantine Palaiologos tore off his insignia and charged into the horde and the last Emperor of Rome died there with a sword in hand.

This is my duty. This is what I owe.

Like Constantinople the CVnU is old with a history of great glories behind it yet flagging in energy and we can all sense the buzzards overhead. The currents of time are against us. The lethargy of age is upon us.

Like Constantinople the CVnU was built as the heart of my empire, divided off Prime as the Eastern empire was divided from and survived the Western. (You might think this pretentious or arrogant and perhaps it is but it is my goodbye message so I shall be as insufferable as I like.) Here I was Empress. Here I ruled; head of both church and state-- wielding great influence in both customs and rules.

Now my empire crumbles around me. Not from any enemy that I can come to grips with and defeat but from entropy.

How can I turn back entropy? There is no one to contest against. I cannot argue against the tides of time in WC. I cannot change the rules to turn back the lethargy of entropy. I cannot make what is old once again young. I have never shied from any enemy but I now face defeat with no one to fight against.

I could deny what I know is true and slink off to Greece and pretend that I can someday, somehow, reverse the doom that approaches. I could shrug my shoulders and fade away into the night and let the end come upon those who remain.

But I should not outlive my empire (metaphorically speaking.) The duty of the captain is to go down with the ship. The duty of the Empress is to die at the gate. Both I and my empire groan with fatigue and stumble with the lethargy of age. Time has sapped the fire that once saw me stride atop the battles game like a conquering god as the legions of Rome once strode the word. Time has taken the spark from ideas that once entranced the section. Like an old champion my magic fades and my fights become nothing special.

From this humble position let me apologize to anyone who has ever felt I have wronged you in any way. This apology extends to everyone and is without reservation of any kind. My time nears it's end. Soon it will end and I would not go without letting go of past wrongs.

I'm almost done. I know you are tired of hearing me talk. But I have one last trick. I do not intend to fade away silently into the night. I do not intend to rest without doing my duty. Without fighting to the bitter end. One more time. The last time. And it goes like this:

I will acquire the six Universal Lavalieres.

I will kill anyone who gets in my way.

And then I will use them to erase the CVnU.

The only way to stop me is to kill me. (ICly please ;-P)

My RPG career will end with me standing against the entire RPG world and fighting to the death or I will go down in history as the only RPGer to create and destroy a universe and the greatest of all time. If this is the end it will be such an end as to never be forgotten.

See you soon.

#793 Posted by Human_Dynamo (105 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for quintus_knightfall
#794 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (874 posts) - - Show Bio

My RPG career will end with me standing against the entire RPG world and fighting to the death or I will go down in history as the only RPGer to create and destroy a universe and the greatest of all time. If this is the end it will be such an end as to never be forgotten.

See you soon.

No Caption Provided

#795 Edited by ParagonxXx (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Just because the CVnU is having a slow spell, doesn't mean you should leave. Slow spells happen all the time, we''ll get past it. You know what I think of you already, no need to repeat that. *Fist Bump* I agree with Human Dynamo. Champions always get back up, they don't quit. Your a Champion. I know your tired, but so was Rocky Balboa. He never gave up. Sure, he was tempted to but he didn't. He kept going, if not for himself then for others. As for any past wrongs, you've already been forgiven. But it was awesome of you to think of that. ~_^

Ultimately, you gotta do what's best for you. I may not understand why, but I can respect it. If it were me, I'd want the same.

But I am puzzled as to why you would possibly ruin so many people's plans and RP's as you leave, including mine. There's no need for that.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#796 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
#798 Posted by Grimmwald (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way to stop me is to kill me.

No Caption Provided

#799 Posted by Feral Nova (58102 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not even gonna lie... I'm kinda hyped for this...

But sad to see you go

Moderator Online
#800 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1778 posts) - - Show Bio

Taking a two to three day break guys. I know it's not much, but I just need to take a tiny break from the Vine to get things together. If you message me, I'll get to it when I return.