Hi, i'm a new guy! How do i start?

Aleister_Caine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like the title says lol. Any and all tips and advices are useful.

So, i heard great things about this site ( Mostly and specially about this RPG forum) so i decided to join out of curiosity.

I've been looking for a place to RP with the best of them, to present my characters and concepts and to have alot of fun and from what i heard, this is exactly the place that i was looking for.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go to Forums. In the drop down list go to RPG. In the first ten or so topics should be something like "RPG Start Here" or something similar. After that go the the RPG cities, or active campaigns and see who's playing in them and PM a few people and ask them how you can start playing, create a character and what not. Most people will either help you or direct you to someone who can.

Happy RPing.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aleister_Caine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HeroUp2112: Thanks for the tip! I already have a character created btw ( the name of the character is my username).

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for demonboundsitri
demonboundSitri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Start with the Beginner's Guide - it'll help you answer a lot of questions. You can work on creating a new character for yourself - and feel absolutely free to post something like "Thoughts on my new character X" and people will help you out. It can be a good idea to try to look at who's active right now so you're not duplicating an existing character - like if there's someone running around casting lightning bolts, you don't also want to be running around casting lightning bolts. Make sense?

Looking at who's active can also give you a good idea of how your character might fit in. You can say something like "Oh, I really like what <Character A> is doing, maybe I'll do something that might fit with that and see if I can work with them" or you can just do your own thing if you have a great idea. When you think you have a character, hit someone up and just say "Hey do you want to do something?" People are pretty good about that.

Mostly feel free to ask questions. There are lots of great people on the site who will be more than happy to help you.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aleister_caine: Welcome to the RPG section! I hope you have fun writing here. ^_^

The others have been a great help to you it seems. That's awesome. But there's something you should know. Here, we RP in two separate universes. One universe is called the CVnU and the other is called the CVU. Think of it like DC and Marvel. There are no crossovers. No one's characters can crossover to the other universe and interact with other characters before returning to his universe. However, you "can" create two different versions of the same character for both universes, even if the details are only minor.

The rules are a little more relaxed in the CVnU while in the CVU, the rules are a bit more tight. Both universes, in my opinion, are fun to play in. So, I really recommend creating characters for both. Other than that, just fill out your bio, name what powers your guy has (if any), any notable skills, equipment, brief history, etc, and then start RPing with us.

If you need any further help, just ask. ^_^

Aleister_Caine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ParagonxXx: Thanks for the advice, man. You guys are really being helpful to me, wow!

Just a question though. What's the difference between the two universes and a bonus question, why these two universes exist?

Avatar image for demonboundsitri
demonboundSitri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were some theological differences ages ago, like before I even joined the site, hence the two universes. CVnU it's a lot easier to build an empire, CVU people wanted it to be harder to do that and put the focus more on individuals. Like Paragon said, both can be fun.

The division rule is there and important because it wouldn't be fair for you to go to CVNU, get everyone there to help you build some sort of massive universe-destroying weapon, and then hop over to CVU and destroy things there with people who hadn't had a chance to do anything about it earlier. Make sense? Essentially it's just the setting for where you're writing your story. Things persist in both universes, so there might be a case where in CVU, Australia was destroyed (it has not been, I am making this up), but in CVNU Australia was alive and well. And full of spiders.

Mostly it's just about deciding where you think your character fits, or who your character fits best with. You can definitely say "My Character#1 fits really well with those people in CVNU, so I'll run him in CVNU, but my Character#2 fits much better in CVU."

Everyone will be very forgiving while you're new.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aleister_caine: DemonBoundSitri has answered the question as to why there are two universes very nicely. ^_^

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

if you dont mind me asking, who told you about this site?

Aleister_Caine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hegemon: A friend of mine recommended this place for me. I think he was/is a member here of your RPG community. I'll check that info when i see him again.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hawkshade
Aleister_Caine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

__Hawk__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aleister_caine: All the advice above is good. I would really consider who you want to be. Who "you" as a character is and really flesh that out in your mind. The more you have that fleshed out the more you can draw from. If you are making it up as you go, it really makes it hard.

Be open to being weak. If you in a battle sometimes you get your ass kicked. But sell that with everything. Don't think you have to "win" even in a battle. Just sell the crap out of everything.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers