Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Supra-Man

Something has happened.

This world is not the one you know...
This world is not the one you know...

Memories of the old reality have been swept aside. All suffering has been erased within the infinite borders of the World-Nation of New Eden, a global paradise governed by the one and only Covenant. The bright blue sky, devoid of all pollutants, is instead flooded with Protectors, the caped crusaders endowed with the power of the mythical Avatar. Crime is virtually nonexistent; everything is routine.

Within the last century, potential sources of conflict have been effectively eradicated. Hunger is a foreign concept to the residents of New Eden, as is criminality and deviance of any sort. Humanity thrives under the watchful eye of the divine Avatar, whose true identity is a mystery even to the highest-ranking members of the Covenant; some speculate that he may not even exist, simply an ideological figurehead to explain the rapturous expansion of human happiness. Presently, all citizens appear to be content.

No Caption Provided

The Covenant is the premier military / police force on the planet, embodying security on an unprecedented scale. Those who are loyal to the Covenant are granted superhuman strength, speed, and the power to soar high above; they are accompanied by non-powered foot soldiers gathered from around the world, promised fulfillment in the noble career of ensuring their planet's safety. The only threats to the Covenant are external, legendary Kaiju occasionally manifesting in the ocean waves; they are neutralized expediently by their defense forces under the experienced direction of their towering commander. Other attackers from beyond the atmosphere occasionally make themselves known, but they are quickly intercepted by towering drones made in the image of their creator, an engineering genius who directs the day-to-day affairs of the new world from his citadel in Brutus City.

The Covenant relies not only on foot soldiers and drones for security, but on super-powered Protectors as well. Each are ranked according to their popularity, appearance, and participation in stopping threats to New Eden. The Museum of Living Bastions rests in the Northeastern Dominion, dominating the skyline of the seaside metropolis known to your world as New York City. It is here that one can learn the obscure pasts of the heroes which have fallen against great threats, a place for the public to revere those who came before and aspire to be like them. The great black spire which juts out from the city is a staple of Covenant culture and their aspiration to improve.

No Caption Provided

Technology has expanded underneath the World-Nation to a level far beyond anything known in the past. Energy weapons have largely replaced ballistics, for they are effective at dealing with the more alien threats which manifest within New Eden. With the advent of advanced policing, crime itself is no longer a problem. Thus far none chafe under the watchful eyes of the Covenant, any thought of resistance utterly foreign to the citizens. History offers no examples of revolution to emulate, no uprisings to replicate in the modern day; revolution is not only impossible, but unheard of. Citizens' identification patches keep track of their locations, fed into the command computer of the Covenant.

A new era of transportation facilitates interaction on a global scale, with public metro-tubes spanning the entire planet. Their hub in Los Angeles Prime extends across the city, with workers from around the world passing through on a day-to-day basis. Anyone can get to any part of the planet within an hour, provided they board the correct train. There even exists transportation to The Pacific Cluster, an undersea metropolis which contains the Covenant's anti-Kaiju fleet. From there one can take a hyper-rail through the mantle of the planet itself to reach the Atlantic Rings, an enormous submerged energy factory which powers almost the entire planet.

The holy city of this global commune is the Divine Aether, which hovers above the untouched plains of the American continent; it is here that the Covenant gathers for ceremonial events. Indestructible stone pillars line the sprawling streets, a snapshot into the lives of the deities whose technology was used by the Avatar to sculpt this new paradise. Its origin on this world is unknown; official scriptures proclaim that it has been floating over that land since the dawn of time, hovering in contempt of gravity through an unknown method which is still a closely guarded secret. Any who claim any sort of affinity with magic find themselves drawn to the Aether; they are either drawn into the ranks of the Covenant's wizard task forces, or never seen again.

But what has become of those glorious heroes and notorious villains of the hidden world, the one forgotten by all in the splendor of the Avatar's creation? Seeded seamlessly throughout the utopian reconstruction of Earth-CVU are the beings whose profound personal struggles and remarkable abilities set them apart from their fellow man, elevated by their compelling natures to make them worthy of even the Maker of Change's notice. Laced throughout the history of this world, they find themselves drastically altered, sometimes with new memories and even changed abilities to make them fit this apparent paradise. But, in spite of all that has been made for them, what will happen when they start to wake up?

The CVU Presents: Heavens Unite

OOC

• At the outset, the Avatar has ostensibly created a utopia without resistance: the World-Nation of Eden. Everything is routine, history is largely unquestioned. Resistance is mentally impossible; everyone is happy until little imperfect details start to be noticed, like entering a lucid state within a dream.
  • If you're a prominent hero or notorious villain previously, then in this universe, you've either been twisted to serve the Covenant or are depowered, having never had abilities. This is the case only if your character was well-known publicly at the time of the change.
  • This world is a utopia. There is basically no more suffering or conflict of any sort at the outset, personal or societal. There are no special cases. As one would expect, this means certain characters would be radically altered.
  • If you have sociopolitical power of any sort within this world, it ultimately serves the Avatar. There are no separate factions besides the Covenant at the outset. You don't have to be a superhero to be changed, just prominent somehow.
  • This is not a new villain or threat. One of us, the members of the RPG section, is responsible for the changes which took place to the CVU. It's up to you to find out who.
  • This is meant to be an extended RP. Take time to play around and develop stories in the new setting before characters begin to retrieve their memories, but one thing is important: sell the altered world and how it's affected your character's history.
  • This RP was done with COE permission. Naturally it involves GMing the entire setting, but rest assured it is only temporary. There is no requirement for anyone to participate if they do not want to, and if your character is not involved directly, they won't remember anything that happens here and it won't affect them in any way, because that'd be unfair.
  • Have fun, and happy CVU Anniversary :)
LittleSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. Few questions, I'm gonna ask 'em here in case others have the same:

1. How does this event interact with ongoing CVU canon? Like, if I throw Spark into this event, is she also simultaneously participating in events in the regular CVU, and do those things affect one another? Or is it sort of a side-quest thing? I'm trying to figure out how to reconcile current events with participation in this event in a reasonable manner.

2. How do characters arrive in this setting? Is it just a "hey I woke up this morning and oh happy day I am now part of the matrix?" I'm kinda leaning towards selling the setting as just waking up and being a part of it and having the "memory" of always being part of it, because I think that makes most sense for the setting, but I'm not sure how to reconcile that with #1.

3. What counts as prominent in CVU, and how much does that matter? Could one RP with someone who was basically a nobody in CVU, and how would that affect their perception of the Eden world?

4. Any limits on characters? Is this a one-per-person thing, or a have-at-it thing, or any restrictions you'd like to put into play?

I'll definitely join with someone, just trying to figure out the who and the why and the how.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Supra-Man

Cool. Few questions, I'm gonna ask 'em here in case others have the same:

1. How does this event interact with ongoing CVU canon? Like, if I throw Spark into this event, is she also simultaneously participating in events in the regular CVU, and do those things affect one another? Or is it sort of a side-quest thing? I'm trying to figure out how to reconcile current events with participation in this event in a reasonable manner.

2. How do characters arrive in this setting? Is it just a "hey I woke up this morning and oh happy day I am now part of the matrix?" I'm kinda leaning towards selling the setting as just waking up and being a part of it and having the "memory" of always being part of it, because I think that makes most sense for the setting, but I'm not sure how to reconcile that with #1.

3. What counts as prominent in CVU, and how much does that matter? Could one RP with someone who was basically a nobody in CVU, and how would that affect their perception of the Eden world?

4. Any limits on characters? Is this a one-per-person thing, or a have-at-it thing, or any restrictions you'd like to put into play?

I'll definitely join with someone, just trying to figure out the who and the why and the how.

1. It happens basically in the blink of an eye and won't affect ongoing events at all, but character development will carry over if you choose to participate, so I'd recommend not starting new RPs while you have a character in this unless you want said RPs to occur before this one chronologically. This won't interrupt events in the CVU if you choose to ignore it, but otherwise, it'd be like the world changed in a flash into this one.
  2. The way you described is exactly it. It'd be as though things were always this way, no memory of the way before initially. Things will start breaking through over time.
  3. Prominent would be like any hero or villain who is known to the public at all.
  4. No real limits on characters aside from just not taking over the setting with a legion of them. It's fine to have more than one as long as it doesn't end up as metagaming by having them help each other unreasonably or anything.

Looking forward to seeing what you do! I left a lot of details about the geography open-ended so people could worldbuild a little. The only constraints are that it's basically a utopia and the tech is more advanced, so daily struggles aren't as much of a problem anymore. Plus there's just one faction; any "resistance" to the Covenant thus far has been stamped out. That might change once users' memories start coming back, but I don't want that to be immediate, you know?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If someone decides to play in this world, are we limited to playing only in the IC version of this or can we create our own IC threads, but make it known we are playing in this world? I know the answer should be obvious but I want to be sure of the answer as I do not have any desire to step on anyone's toes, just in case.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Maybe you could post the location in both this thread and the IC, and we could play with it in the IC. I'd like to keep it confined to these two, though, so it's all together in one place.

good_felinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By good_felinus

Felix has no place in this, but I'll be running someone.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@good_felinus: Cool, looking forward to seeing how things change for whoever you put in.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jason_ford

@supra-man: Hmm, this looks very cool! Now I have to decide how to get involved. I might use @elementum because I haven't been using him for anything else.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_ford: You could use him. I'd recommend putting in whoever your favorite is, though, because then they can meet a bunch of characters and get some good development. There won't be character consequences for not joining, but there is a chance to be profoundly impacted by whatever happens. Whoever you choose, though, I'll be looking forward to :)

You know, because of the reality-warping nature of this event, you could use it to explain Jason's heel-face turn to good :}

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still a bit busy but working on something now.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: Hmm, that's certainly not a bad idea. Plus since his ability is not really there anymore I could actually sell how it effects him.

Kaede_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know if this is going to matter to anyone or not, but because of Canonical Reasons, Kaede Mitsuri would never have been able to exist in this world. Just gonna go ahead and drop that before anyone references her IC or anything. You never met her. She's not your BFF.

Of course, I imagine that could be an interesting reference point once people start remembering things.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaede_: But how is there peace without Kaede?

Kaede_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water: Actually that's one of the reasons I decided she doesn't exist, because peace is already there and there's basically nothing left for her to do. But there's also other reasons why she wouldn't be there and it'd have been hard to contrive, but why contrive something you don't need anyway? Not like I don't have other characters.

Allure_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*waits patiently in the shadows*

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I do have a question, what would Jason even be here? He's certainly not a hero (yet), it's been awhile since he was Red Mask and he was also not hugely known but he was certainly known (at least in the cvnu, he did switch over most of his history), and as Discord he's only been maybe seen at like two crimes.

But I had originally head-cannoned that if he hadn't become Red Mask he'd probably have ended up as a hero or at least a good guy one way or another. So...where would that really put him.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_ford: Well, whatever it is, he'd be happy. He might be a Protector under the employ of the Covenant, or just a guy living life.

LittleSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tntank: the fact that there were no curse words in that intro was super jarring. Nicely done.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good posts all around. Looking forward to watching this all unfold for everyone.

SavageGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: I had an idea for my character in this setting, but can I run the details by you to make sure it fits the tone?

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SavageGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: My idea was essentially that this version of Savage is just a propaganda tool. He leads parades and public events to raise morale in favor of the Convenient and he pretends to serve alongside the avatars on television and whatnot. But he's ultimately just a pompous coward, afraid of blood and too powerful for his own good. There are some more personal details I plan to introduce but I don't want to spoil everything right off the bat.

Natas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Maverick_6
_Gaige_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To clarify the Razor portion of Abelle's post isn't remembered by Abelle or anything and doesn't tread on the setting. It was more just for world building purposes and showing the brief happy moment that would of existed for Razor. I don't think it treads on anything but if edits to make things more vague or whatever are wanted just pm me here or dm on Discord. I'd rather not scrap it though as I rather loved that post

@maverick_6:

you has a cute kid ^.^

Nikandros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Working on a post now.

Csill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be posting today.

Nikandros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expanded on the setting a bit with some mindless cannon fodder battles.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: My idea was essentially that this version of Savage is just a propaganda tool. He leads parades and public events to raise morale in favor of the Convenient and he pretends to serve alongside the avatars on television and whatnot. But he's ultimately just a pompous coward, afraid of blood and too powerful for his own good. There are some more personal details I plan to introduce but I don't want to spoil everything right off the bat.

That'd be excellent. I like seeing people expand the Covenant.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jason_ford

I posted, now it's just a matter of seeing if someone comes to me, or I find someone to try and interact with.

...or I end up dropping it because I see no openings.

Bloodhound_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bloodhound_

Posted!

Don't worry, I'm not planning on going as fast as the post implies, but I definitely did want to set what was "off". He isn't gonna do anything about it. Yet.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel my character Paragon (CVU version) would remain almost the same as she comes from an alternate Universe within the CVU multiverse. In this world, she'd simply be twisted to serve the Covenant. But if there are problems, I hope we can work them out. ^_^

@jason_ford I posted to you. ^_^

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Booyah! Thanks!

Might not be able to get to it tonight but I'm working on it.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Happy anniversary to the CVU.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: I'm pretty much going to stay around and read the KOV and nothing else.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers