#2201 Posted by Grimmwald (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

The Seven Secret Masters had something to do with Ivana's disappearance.

#2202 Posted by Hawkshade (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

Grimmwald's brutal tactics have caused an unprecedented wave of fear in Gothic cities underworld. At first most of the criminal class thought the skinnings would soon end and business would go back to normal. But it didn't. And as it soon became clear that no amount of wealth or criminal status would protect you from Grimmwald and his merry band of human butchers crime begin to do something it hadn't done for decades in Gothic: decline.

#2203 Posted by Grimmwald (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

Antonia's unexplained (to the public) disappearance has inspired countless online conspiracy theories, some of which are linked to the unexplained disappearances of many prominent figures such as Kratesis and Quintus to name a few.

#2204 Posted by Hawkshade (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: That makes a lot of sense. Alex Jones would be all over the sudden disappearance of such a powerful corporate figure. The speed of her rise to power would inspire a multitude of conspiracy theories too. Combine that with her taking down Amaranth and then vanishing.. and yeah..

#2205 Posted by Grimmwald (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: My thoughts exactly. I can see conspiracy theories claiming that once a figure reaches a certain level of influence and power, they disappear e.g. Antonia, Ivana, Kratesis. I think someone like Iron Phantom could do a really good job of creating a raging conspiracy theorist character.

#2206 Posted by Rosso (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: That makes a lot of sense. Alex Jones would be all over the sudden disappearance of such a powerful corporate figure. The speed of her rise to power would inspire a multitude of conspiracy theories too. Combine that with her taking down Amaranth and then vanishing.. and yeah..

Between Amaranth/the court, and the fact she took on the US government [arguably the most powerful iteration, under Stark] plus a secret spy agency [Mercenary's SHIELD], all at once, and won all of those...it's ripe for conspiracy. I used to imagine some people just figured she fell to some accident/villain/gang while going out as the Noir Rose [I still love that name], but the conspiracy side would say that if any person or group managed to take down the one who did all that, they'd definitely be using that to leverage power and influence; so she'd be unlikely to just disappear unless it was more involved.

#2207 Posted by Grimmwald (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

There is an alternate universe Kelly Coltaine who, instead of being an nGod born on US soil, is an nGod born and raised in the Soviet Union as a state-sponsored authoritarian hero. With this alternate universe Kelly, the Soviet Union never collapsed.

#2208 Posted by HumansFirst (264 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: My thoughts exactly. I can see conspiracy theories claiming that once a figure reaches a certain level of influence and power, they disappear e.g. Antonia, Ivana, Kratesis. I think someone like Iron Phantom could do a really good job of creating a raging conspiracy theorist character.

I'd have to do quite a bit of reading on all this, since it was sort of before my time (or during my intermission), but it would be awful interesting...

No promises, but I'll start brushing up on CV history in my spare time, see what I can unravel.

#2209 Posted by IchorBorn (36 posts) - - Show Bio

The ichor referenced by the Ichor Born is the same ichor flowing through the veins of ancient Greek gods, but where fresh ichor is blue and serves as the blood of the divine, the rotten black ichor embraced by Ichor Born is that which has coagulated and rotten in an unclean mortal world.

#2210 Posted by Rosso (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Nastya still talks to Amaranth, and occasionally brings him out of stasis to grant him some measure of consciousness; although, he is extremely confused most of the time.

She tells him sweet lies about the state of the world so that he can feel like he's achieved his life's purpose and, while not revealing her identity as a clone of the one true Mutant Messiah, bids he treat her like a student to the teacher he always dreamed of being.

#2211 Posted by Yazhun_Sanvun (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

There are mutants and superhumans who discovered their abilities/powers so late in life, that the strain of using them would ultimately kill them. As a result they have become an isolated sub-sect of super-human counter cultural radicals.

#2212 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

Trinity picks up colloquialisms and mannerisms that she likes from different places and goes around overusing them, including incorrectly, as though they're really fresh and she's the one who came up with them.

Avatar image for arceus_aurelius-rex
#2213 Posted by Arceus_Aurelius-Rex (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue: That's cute. She's like a kindergartner.

#2214 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4145 posts) - - Show Bio
#2215 Posted by Phantomshell (1150 posts) - - Show Bio
#2216 Posted by Grimmwald (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

Gothic City is, in some way, alive and casts a ravenous and cold atmosphere that brings out the worst in it's citizens.

#2217 Posted by Walter_Hughes (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: No! It is a scapegoat at least, and a victim at worst.

No Caption Provided

#2218 Posted by Grimmwald (3111 posts) - - Show Bio
#2219 Posted by xZone (9565 posts) - - Show Bio

Hillary Clinton won the presidency in 2016 and the democrats swept the senate in 2018

X

#2220 Posted by Phantomshell (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people discriminate against residents of Gothic City. To the point in which an entire generation routinely lies about where they're from.

#2221 Posted by Rosso (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Those conversations actually happen at some point in the future.

#2222 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

Many wishes have been made upon Trinity, as naked-eye Earthlings often assume she is a comet when she passes through the atmosphere.

#2223 Posted by Phantomshell (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

The Strix Matriarch is alive somewhere

#2224 Posted by _Dirge_ (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people discriminate against residents of Gothic City. To the point in which an entire generation routinely lies about where they're from.

That's a good one.

#2225 Posted by Phantomshell (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

Went out drinking with Rosso last night and now today she's making him Thanksgiving dinner

#2226 Posted by Rosso (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantomshell: Sure thing!

Never learned how to cook, though. Hope this'll suffice ;-P

#2227 Posted by Phantomshell (1150 posts) - - Show Bio
#2228 Posted by Rosso (4952 posts) - - Show Bio
#2229 Posted by Phantomshell (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: I mean...could always hit up a Chinese place

#2230 Posted by Rosso (4952 posts) - - Show Bio
#2231 Posted by Phantomshell (1150 posts) - - Show Bio
#2232 Posted by Hawkshade (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

Exhausted and disgusted by the never ending scourge of crime and metahuman villainy there is a small but sizable portion of the population which enthusiastically supports Grimmwald's extreme methods. Dedicated fans and thrill seekers hunt down his grisly human trophies and dot social media with selfies taken with them while Grimmwald himself has become a radical counterculture icon.

#2233 Posted by Grimmwald (3111 posts) - - Show Bio
#2234 Posted by Musa_Bashir (1002 posts) - - Show Bio

TrT, Steroids, and Human Growth Hormones are legal in professional sports due to the rise in the meta, super, and mutant humans in pro-sports. For years it was a dirty and unspoken secret that superhumans were posing as regular athletes to gain an advantage.

#2235 Posted by Shanana (60296 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Coventry has a secret human school where they teach magic to those that are the decedents of of the original angels and demons.
  • Calamity Z is on the farthest ends of the galaxy trying to figure out a way to return home.
  • Madison Maynard has sold the location of the Ninjan home world to the Talmuts.
#2236 Posted by Jordyn_Hill (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Gothic schools and Universities arent allowed to schedule home games due to the decades of unchecked violence and murders. Most years they dont even have enough student athletes to field a team (in any sport). And when they do, parents seldom if ever allow their kids to participate. Fearing, like most, that any event or arena in Gothic is ripe for an act of unstoppable violence.

Avatar image for aelia_stormwind
#2237 Posted by Aelia_Stormwind (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Walter Hughes takes careful care to conceal the fact that he was laid off by Antonia. Where he can, he controls the narrative by perpetuating the idea [without overtly stating the lie] that he left of his own volition.

Avatar image for darth_miltiades
#2238 Posted by Darth_Miltiades (105 posts) - - Show Bio

While the Republic uses clones and the Federation uses droids the Empire is the only major power to still use regular people as its primary fighting force. Over the course of thousands of years they have become masters of propaganda unlike any the galaxy has ever seen. Without this mastery the will of the people to fight and die in the Empires armies would collapse.

Avatar image for last_man_standing
#2239 Posted by Last_Man_Standing (696 posts) - - Show Bio

@darth_miltiades:

Same tactic everyone used for World War 1, except the Empire doesn't have a shortage of people willing to sign up for the military.

They don't have to worry about a conscript system.

#2240 Posted by Darth_Miltiades (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@last_man_standing: Traditionally every single human citizen in the Sith empire is automatically enrolled in the military when they turn 18. However that system may have broken down during the chaos of the Dark Age.

#2241 Posted by Last_Man_Standing (696 posts) - - Show Bio

@darth_miltiades:

Ah I see. I've been purposefully ambiguous about that, but I can see that it would be something for young Imperials to look forward to.

#2242 Posted by Darth_Miltiades (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@last_man_standing: Yeah it is probably portrayed as something of a 'coming of age' in Imperial media. Where you finally become an adult.

#2243 Posted by Darth_Miltiades (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably 90% of the Imperial human population is made up of veterans of one sort or another. Makes me wonder if Imperial citizens would look down on Republic and Federation citizens who haven't been in the military.

#2244 Posted by Last_Man_Standing (696 posts) - - Show Bio

@darth_miltiades:

With that logic, Radhast is gonna produce some terrifying shock troops.

#2245 Posted by Darth_Miltiades (105 posts) - - Show Bio
#2246 Edited by Last_Man_Standing (696 posts) - - Show Bio
Veterans of Radhast
Veterans of Radhast
  • Over the course of the Radhast Campaign, millions of Imperial soldiers were sent into the meat grinder in order to weed out the weak from the crop. Though it was ultimately a war for oil, the fact that these elite warriors coming out of such a horrendous environment could not be ignored.
  • The 117th Infantry Army was one such elite force, renamed after the war as "Syton's Deathbringers".
  • Their intense experience in trench and siege warfare forged them into hardened shock troops, intent on going to where the fighting was hardest and push an enemy position to its breaking point - no matter the cost.
  • They would only retreat when ordered to, and even then such orders needed absolute confirmation from the supreme commander of the campaign they were deployed to.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#2247 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (41823 posts) - - Show Bio

If I could compare Thomas Arthur Caine to anyone, it would probably be to Richard T. Sherman.

He finds the concept of civilians living obliviously to the bloodshed that happened to keep them safe absolutely disgusting.

In his mind, civilians must be exposed to the chaos of war in one form or another so that they can appreciate peace more. The peacetime creation of ingratitude is the root of societal decay and the inevitable downfall of civilization.

No king rules forever, but it is the nature of his subjects that decides the continued existence of his kingdom.