Headcanon Thread

Vael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@supra-man:

Maybe it was named by a former hero of ye olden times. Perhaps he was named Brooding Man.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1802  Edited By Maestro_

@supra-man: That's actually really good.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_ said:

@supra-man: That's actually really good.

I wish there were a way to make it canon.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The human race has a secret superpower of simply being super intelligent.

That's how a lot of humans who can device technology so vastly ahead of everyone else exist. They are born randomly, like mutants and metahumans. Only, they are much more inconspicuous and fragile.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the heroes who license their images to companies demand the profits go towards charities of their choice.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Most of the Knightfalls were robotic creations with artificial intelligence engineered by Jean Luc shortly after his arrival in the CVnU as a means of furthering his research while remaining hid behind the scenes. There never was a Jayden Knightfall. There was only ever the God in the Iron Mask.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the Knightfalls were robotic creations with artificial intelligence engineered by Jean Luc shortly after his arrival in the CVnU as a means of furthering his research while remaining hid behind the scenes. There never was a Jayden Knightfall. There was only ever the God in the Iron Mask.

You have the power to make this canon, though, nah? 8}

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: Maybe some if it. Ultimately though there's just too much 'other peoples canon' to take into consideration. It works as a non-canon what if sorta thing for now I guess.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jean_luc_lebeau: Ah, makes sense. Whenever I read "most of the Knightfalls" my brain defaults it to being "unnamed Knightfalls."

Avatar image for deactivated-6032505a86f2c
deactivated-6032505a86f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with it.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1811 Zauberin  Moderator

@jean_luc_lebeau: Pfft! Just make Jayden a synthetic human/mutant(/whatever he was) with an implanted consciousness Jean set up (or controlled at will) and work it from there!

But...I didn't keep up as closely as others with the Knightfalls so I don't know if that would still violate it. I just have fun thinking of conceptideas along that line.

Your solution is fine. v_v

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: Thats not a bad idea. Full of possibilities.

Would need to actually focus on where I would eventually take that plot-device and if I really need it to accomplish what I want with this account. Thanks for the idea!

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1813 Zauberin  Moderator

@jean_luc_lebeau: Well I said we should talk. I love playing the long game!

I mean...I'd probably hesitate more since it's not my concept, but at the very least...I dunno, maybe nevermind. Have fun!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: lol reading your replies are usually entertaining. I think I might have just read you talking yourself outta brainstorming an idea and it was hilarious :D

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1815 Zauberin  Moderator

@jean_luc_lebeau: I did not. I talked myself out of convincing you to invite me to brainstorm.

For now. On that.

Contingency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1816  Edited By Contingency

She [Contingency] has a infamous reputation with Aliens, fleet destroyer and champion slayer.

Has a couple billion alien kills under her belt, X-COM wet dream.

horned_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1817  Edited By horned_god

Advanced technology is a type of magic he does not like.

Many superheroes are the reincarnation of gods from ancient times.

Eating people is perfectly fine.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin said:

@jean_luc_lebeau: I did not. I talked myself out of convincing you to invite me to brainstorm.

For now. On that.

Changed my mind. Will be shooting you sometime.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Charlemagne is some form of off-branch fun house mirror like genetic relation to the God in the Iron Mask, Jean Luc LeBeau.
Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• People are accustomed to metahuman antics and go about their daily lives largely unaffected by super-fights and threats of world domination.
MegaJust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1822  Edited By MegaJust

-Most governments pull resources from their police force to fund reconstruction after superfights. This leads to the need of more vigilantes to pickup the slack, which inturn causes more destruction.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• @quark-star, a high-level empath, was drawn to the inhabitants of Chesterville rather than the millions of victims of Grim City's destruction because Chesterville's residents were so unused to superhuman encounters. For Grim City civilians, the destruction of their city has become morbid routine and no longer creates as much of an emotional response. In contrast, the rural citizens of Montana are so unaccustomed to powered humans acting out, their fear overtook them entirely when dealing with Omen.
Quark-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quark-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: And I mean I'll get around to helping Grim City eventually. Then I'll turn all the evil people good, and everyone will get free ice cream for life. Space ice cream! :p

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quark-star: Grim City is gone lol. Legit an empty crater, future site of @megajust's new city. All the people are just kinda scattered about in refugee camps or are moving to other cities.

Quark-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: Aw man and I had a plan and everything....

No Caption Provided

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quark-star: It's an interesting arc they've got going on. There's a genuine "superheroes are taking over to make the world better" feel to it, at least for now.

Quark-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: That does sound interesting and opens up a lot of doors in terms of what directions you can take things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a12445cc779b
deactivated-5a12445cc779b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkevius Halliwell [AU] today.

No Caption Provided

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

• I headcanon Azyl still lives in Venezuela.
kameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CVU's Omnipotent is that Omnipotent monkey.

Natas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CVU Atmosphere

Earth is actually way more advanced than the majority of alien races due to the large quantity of prodigal minds among the population. However, the collective technological level isn't escalating as rapidly because of their selfishness.

Also, there are a lot of secret societies employing these intellectuals to further their own subjective development rather than contribute to society at large.

This is probably one of the main reasons Earth gets attacked to frequently.

Also, the West Coast is basically GTA Online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cliffnotes on the Newcastle brand:

Thomas Newcastle was a business mogul who blasted onto the scene in the 80s with innovative new technologies that set the world over ahead by decades.

Thomas is really only around the age of 107 and not thousands of years old as he led people to believe when alive.

As a close advisor to president Pierce he succeeded in achieving the position of Vice President. He then killed her, became President, and shortly there after was outed as a murderer with ties to other clandestine corporations. This sent him on a rampage when lead to his demise via atomization.

In 1953 a new timeline was written when he somehow acquired the Time Lavaliere, a device beyond mysticism or science and greater than either. He has traveled to the present and created a pact with two others wielding Lavalieres for e beneficial end game. As well as his own objectives...

Thomas has two known children. One is his son Maximus who was born in a pit in Israel for the deranged and demented. It was there he was raised and his mother died protecting him.He would find out later that the man that would pick up her duty as his guardian in the pit was his grandfather, last known name Machiavelli. He was always put there by his grandson and hasn't been seen in some time.

The other is Thomas Newcastle II, formerly Bryan Maddox Jr. He now owns and operates Animus Corporations and all legal holdings. His presence has made waves in the business world with many claiming he is unfit to run the company and his time so far has been related to a monarchy rather than a business.

Thomas' father, Leon Newcastle, is only forty years older than him in comparison to Leon's father and Thomas' grandfather (who is the original immortal, alive since 900 A.D.).

Thomas has begun building a cabal of himself in a place beyond the scope of known time. In the late 40s to mid-50s Thomas ran what could be considered a cult. He motivated many runaways to become highly influential figures in the American worlds of business and politics. One of which is Adelaide McCoy who now acts as a consultant to the Animati, offering a voice that isn't a mere echo in the sound chamber of Thomas Newcastles.

Kaede_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_razor_, Liath (@ltlredwulf), and @myers_voorhees are all secretly on a team together.

They call themselves "Pokey, Little Puppy, and The Lost Bone."

No Caption Provided

Seriously this should be a thing.

Myers_Voorhees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaede_ said:

@_razor_, Liath (@ltlredwulf), and @myers_voorhees are all secretly on a team together.

They call themselves "Pokey, Little Puppy, and The Lost Bone."

No Caption Provided

Seriously this should be a thing.

wait, are we not?

No Caption Provided

Kaede_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaede_: You always have the best headcanons.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1840  Edited By Trinity-Blue

There are several conventional kinds of psionic defenses as far as telepathy is concerned.

• "Wall-and-fortress" types are the most common, and involve setting up mental fortifications to keep intruders from entering one's mind entirely, keeping them from reading thoughts or conducting other types of invasive activities much like fortifications surrounding a castle or city would prevent enemy forces from invading. However, they do not stop an enemy from attacking or attempting to breach. A passive defence, these kinds must be "repaired" or upgraded over time. As a fortress may be attacked and needs re-fortification depending on how much damage is done, these defenses can be worn over time (how much depending on the number and strength of attempts), or overpowered outright, or covertly bypassed, if one encounters a telepath who is well beyond him/herself.
    • Wall-and-fortress type defences can be handy because they don't require active engagement on behalf of the bearer and can be used as a catch-all against intrusion and manipulation. But they take the most time to set up, maintain and repair. And if they fail, it is not unlikely someone may be completely helpless, not to mention wide open for quite some time afterward.
    • Another benefit is that, once they are set up, it doesn't matter whether those under its protection are telepaths themselves; they are just as evenly protected as they would be if they were. How effective this is, of course, depends on who set up the defenses.
  • The "burglar alarm" refers to those which provide no active defense themselves, but act as a sort of tripwire silent alarm when someone attempts an intrusion, immediately alerting the bearer that someone is attempting to access their mind or the mind of one of their thralls. These can be detected, and even disarmed, but are much more subtle and harder to detect. Also possible for one to set up "living" sentries inside the mind, which is sort of like having a dog, which may serve some form of defensive purpose, but mostly for alerting. As they offer no protection, merely an alarm system, they are usually reserved for peons/those considered disposable, for bait, or if someone has absolutely no other options. Frequently accompanied in experienced telepaths by a third type.
  • Active defense. This is most akin to defending one's home with a shotgun or some other weapon. Anyone can attempt to defend themselves actively, whether they be telepathic or not. It is the most active form of defense and is as effective as you are with your abilities, which means it is best served in the (mental) hands of someone powerful or technically skilled with telepathy. It is the most dynamic, flexible and most adaptable, but it requires one to be vigilant. If this is your only type of defense because you haven't learned how to utilise the others and you fall asleep, you are defenseless. If you're dozing and idle and this is all you've got, you are defenseless. If you are fully conscious and come up against someone leaps and bounds ahead of you...well, you're technically not defenseless, but you might as well be, and if you piss them off too hard you might just end up a comatose zombie-shell of yourself or dancing naked on a table at your local Starbucks. Err...yeah. Kind of a dog-eat-dog world out there when it comes to the mind. Be careful. I mean...as careful as you can.

There is also the occasional unconventional type, such as those beings possessing a particularly strong will. Similar to, or even considered a sub-category of, active "home defense" types, this requires active engagement to enact but is typically more risky and overall less effective than any of the technical set-ups if one is not trained. In the Astral Plane, however, even one who is not formally trained may find themselves able to compete on nigh-equal ground with certain levels of telepaths, if they possess a particularly strong will.

***Mental health issues are not a legitimate form of telepathic defense. Given the nature and course of most mental illness, these would only serve to make one more susceptible to manipulation and attack. Of course, if one's bio says they're immune and they use this excuse no one can really godmod you (though people can't really do that anyway), but I just think that kind of "defense" is dumb and lazy and it's a peeve of mine. Just...personally.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1841  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@trinity-blue: This is great. Detailed without reading like a manual.

Myers_Voorhees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell: That's funny because in my mind the voice in my head started sounding like one of the DnD or Shadowrun (especially Shadowrun) manuals and so I just ran with it in the style of that kinda manual.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trinity-blue: I can see the shadowrun influence in the layout, but the dialog/definitions/terms arent as extreme.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell: Definitely not in the terms or anything. If I tried to sit around and think of slang words I'd have forgotten half the stuff I Wanted to get down (it was all stream of consciousness, but I liked the stuff I Was thinking, so I kinda rushed to get it all down before I'd forget).

I didn't know you were familiar! I mean, I know you know the name because LL mentioned it, Orph did last holiday season, and I've mentioned it, but that comment suggests a more intimate knowledge?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but that comment suggests a more intimate knowledge?

Not really. Enough to get an idea of how to incorporate science fiction sounding words into concepts.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehee, that's funny.

I'll probably start to draw on that a bit more in the future, when I get back to "industrialising."

Or new character creation.

Dr_Higgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not canon yet because I have no idea how clever an actual story I can tell with this, or even if its possible, but I don't think Polaris is an actual split personality, but rather a spirit/god of some kind assisting Niel. This mostly came from me messing around with the Doctor polaris origin and that he used the magnetism to murder his father as a kid, and that Polaris knew where to find the african tribe where Niel uncovered the powers. Most of this can be jotted to me trying to tell a full narrative with only wiki articles to read from. But its already written and I can't think of a better, more detailed origin than what I have, so I might as well break the actual "Doctor Polaris" character and go above and beyond it.

The question though, is what is Polaris then? God? Spirit? or is Niel the trespasser and Polaris is the real boy?

Avatar image for deactivated-60324cd907a0e
deactivated-60324cd907a0e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

***Mental health issues are not a legitimate form of telepathic defense. Given the nature and course of most mental illness, these would only serve to make one more susceptible to manipulation and attack. Of course, if one's bio says they're immune and they use this excuse no one can really godmod you (though people can't really do that anyway), but I just think that kind of "defense" is dumb and lazy and it's a peeve of mine. Just...personally.

It's a pet peeve of mine as well. Of course, people can put whatever they want in their bios and we'll definitely sell them, but it is silly that insanity is used as a form of telepathic defense. It makes zero sense.

For one, insanity is an umbrella term that's used to highlight mental behavior that is extremely irrational, most often due to some kind of mental illness. Which one though? It doesn't matter though because none of them would act as a form of telepathic defense. When most people think of insanity, they think of psychosis which as a condition causes a disconnect in how people perceive reality. But so what? Just because you're crazy and your thoughts all over the place etc. doesn't mean you're immune to telepathy, LOL.

For one, people's thought processes are not complete sequences in organized patterns. That's now how the mind or brain works. Thought processes are already random and all over the place. A telepath peeking into a healthy brain will find a bunch of incoherent babble and maybe a complete sentence here and there. It's' already a giant mess already. So a telepath skilled enough to organize this information in your mind to read it can't do so on a crazy person's mind? At all? Come on. Being crazy largely means you're not correctly interpreting the information your brain is receiving via your senses. Your eyes are telling your brain they see a dog but you think you're seeing a talking cactus telling you to attack people. That's not going to suddenly give you the ability to resist having your mind read or controlled.

And it's like you said, you'd be more susceptible to telepathy if you were crazy because you already have no control over your own actions and behaviors, no control over the information in your brain, so it absolutely makes no sense that you'd be able to resist the effects of a super power whose entire purpose is to control your actions and behaviors by manipulating the mind (and in a crazy's person case, a fragile mind).

Dr_Higgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trinity-blue said:

It's a pet peeve of mine as well. Of course, people can put whatever they want in their bios and we'll definitely sell them, but it is silly that insanity is used as a form of telepathic defense. It makes zero sense.

For one, insanity is an umbrella term that's used to highlight mental behavior that is extremely irrational, most often due to some kind of mental illness. Which one though? It doesn't matter though because none of them would act as a form of telepathic defense. When most people think of insanity, they think of psychosis which as a condition causes a disconnect in how people perceive reality. But so what? Just because you're crazy and your thoughts all over the place etc. doesn't mean you're immune to telepathy, LOL.

For one, people's thought processes are not complete sequences in organized patterns. That's now how the mind or brain works. Thought processes are already random and all over the place. A telepath peeking into a healthy brain will find a bunch of incoherent babble and maybe a complete sentence here and there. It's' already a giant mess already. So a telepath skilled enough to organize this information in your mind to read it can't do so on a crazy person's mind? At all? Come on. Being crazy largely means you're not correctly interpreting the information your brain is receiving via your senses. Your eyes are telling your brain they see a dog but you think you're seeing a talking cactus telling you to attack people. That's not going to suddenly give you the ability to resist having your mind read or controlled.

And it's like you said, you'd be more susceptible to telepathy if you were crazy because you already have no control over your own actions and behaviors, no control over the information in your brain, so it absolutely makes no sense that you'd be able to resist the effects of a super power whose entire purpose is to control your actions and behaviors by manipulating the mind (and in a crazy's person case, a fragile mind).

what about dissociative Identity disorder? like when that egyptian guy tried to go into Yugi-Moto's mind and had two different minds to deal with?