Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

About the Location:

The Halo Corp
The Halo Corp

Catholicon Complex

On hallowed ground. Formerly the Knightfall Heritage Museum.

Established in the nadir of 1970's Gothic, the Knightfall Heritage Museum sprung from established yet humble beginnings before maturing into a sophisticated intelligentsia of its own cultivation. Thanks in part to its unrivaled collection of exclusive antiquities as well as its symbiotic association with the city's political elite. The KhM enjoyed unprecedented notoriety. Diversity of nearly 60,000 authenticated pieces from the prehistoric era to the 20-century have earned this architectural masterpiece idiosyncratic and diacritical acclaim. Exhibiting paintings, sculptures, objects d'art, and archeological rarities that at the time, could not be found anywhere else in the World.

For awhile, its growth rate was unprecedented. Generating more then 129 million dollars yearly and an undisclosed amount through its allowance of filmed galleries. Unlike any museum before it, the Knightfall Heritage Museum had hosted a multilayer structural masterpiece that premiered, among other things, an elegantly designed Gothic high rise restaurant highlighting Gothic's magnificent cityscape. The Von Ducasse, changed seasonally to offer the best cuisine with an extensive wine list and a stylishly designed atmosphere that ensured a sophisticated dining experience.

The Unsung Years; Balled of the Knightfall Saint

Ripped from their own reality and cast into the nightmare of the CVnU, Quintus and Ashely Knightfall were forced to forge new lives. The Reality-M revolutionaries, who had been unable to stop the cataclysmic events that eventually tore their Universe apart, were sparingly given a second chance. Ashley could go on to secretly establish the Catholicon. Covertly operated beneath the ruins of the old family museum.

An abandoned epicenter that had, at one time, served as the original Quintus' one man command center in his war on crime. Back before life and tragedy twisted his mind into that of the enigmatic Father of Assassin.

The cave's centerpiece was a supercomputer with operational specs are on par with any of those used by leading national security agencies. However when her brother mysterious cut off contact, the Knightfall Saint turned the operation into a place that saved and repaired the lives of the misfortunate. Those who survived the financial illness of a broken city, a broken system. But that would all change with an alliance with an unexpected individual.

Rebirth

No Caption Provided

Signifying a commitment to the advancement of technology, science, and pioneering capitalism cloaked in the charity based fundamentals of private medical clinics and equipment , the HALO Corporation strives to create a unique sense of diverse manufacturing products for the general public as well as the private sector. As well as privately funding multiple city programs for the poor. Thanks to the innovative genius of highly trained biomedical engineers, surgeons, and captains of industry ; flown in by the philanthropic Ishmael Strix himself, the latest Gothic corporation's shining testament of modernization revolves around their state of the art Battery. The HALO battery, for all intensive purposes, is marketed as "The Immortal Battery." A battery that lasts forever. But with the company's new existence it is, as of now, impossible to say if the battery is as marketed. But there are several universities and others already lining up to test those claims.

experimental Aethrium prostesis
experimental Aethrium prostesis

At the Catholicon Complex, an exclusive HALO corp surgical revolution has sparked a modern day medical renascence. Combining the metallic wonders of Aethrium and the reputed endless energy of the HALO battery, newly fashioned robotic limbs have begun a new era and a new revitalized sense of hope for those unfortunate enough to have suffered an appendage. However, still in the experimental stage, the short list of possible amputee candidates have been strictly confined to the Gothic City area. For now. But the possibilities of such a medical marvel could have unimaginable and lasting benefits

Wither way the controversial but news grabbing headlines have ensured HALO brand as a household name. The aggressive advertising campaign focusing on ingraining itself in the minds of the Gothic's rebuilding population with the expensive help of several media consultants. Settling the brand in the mediocrity of channel surfing consumers and click bait internet phenomena with entertaining and well placed advertisements strategically targeting a wide ranging demographic. Planting a firm foothold on the beachhead of monetizing consumerism.

No Caption Provided

And while his public persona and finger prints are all over the founding of the HALO corp, his foresight and firm belief in the abilities of the newly returned Ashley Knightfall, are what promoted his shocking decision to name the Knightfall Saint as the company's CEO and majority owner and Chairwoman of the Board, selling her just one share more then he himself owned. Ishmael never the less continues to seek the means in which to regain his family's tarnished influence over the city. By any means necessary Using HALO to manipulate his way back to significant political power. On the surface the corporation operates a day to day business like any other industrialized company prominently rising in the post-construction era of Gothic. Filled with 9 to 5 employees, temps, secretaries, foremen, and consultants, the HALO corp business complex continues to act as a source of the city's bountiful employment rate.

Aethrium® (fundamentals & properties)

Similar to Vibranium, Aethrium is a metal whose key feature is it's ability to absorb energy as well as releasing said energy in a controlled manner. These properties are made possible by Aethrium's ability to store energy in it's bonds and release it as needed, rendering it an almost perfect material for a variety of different applications. Created by Sage, Aethrium is often used as a both a lightweight structural material (one which renders planes, trains and automobiles lighter and lessens the usage of fuel) and a near-perfect battery material for powering the world. As previously mentioned, the mechanism behind the metal's energy storing qualities is that it stores energy in it's bonds by 'damping'.

Energy has to go somewhere or change form, and this can be through sound, thermal mechanism, deformation or light emission, amongst others. Inherent to any material is its ability to damp, or absorb vibrations, in its bond structure or micro-structure. As an example, old car bumpers were made of metal, however newer bumpers are made from foamed polymers that absorb a significant amount of energy. Aethrium however, not only damps energy, but stores and releases it as well. Unfortunately, Aethrium features an incomplete energy transfer efficiency, meaning that it can be overloaded as any material can. And though it's energy absorbing properties are otherworldly, Aethrium primarily absorbs kinetic energy, and because of it's array of energy absorption mechanisms, the force of kinetic energy, the momentum is not an issue, enabling one to wear a suit of Aethrium that can perfectly deflect bullets without even so much as a nudge from the bullets' momentum.

Because of it's properties and qualities, Aethrium has a variety of uses. For one it can be used for transportation where mankind is currently burdened by excessive weight. Because it is exceptionally strong and light, Aethrium results in greater fuel/energy efficiency and reduced wear-and-tear at no expense to the safety of the passengers. Additionally, it can be used in medical/prosthesis fields where people could be assisted by something that returns energy easily and is also incredibly lightweight. (originally created & written by Impero)

One of the corporations first acquisitions was that of the bankrupted KS-Corp and its advanced research and development division. Mainly the manufacturing rights to the exclusive metal breaththrough, Aethrium. Applied to microchips, the metal enables electronic capacitors to perform superbly in an array of devices, like smart phones in the pockets of more and more consumers. Refined into a powder and applied to solar panels, Aethrium increases energy efficiency. Analytically placed Photovoltaic Aethrium cells help convert sunlight into raw energy for the Halo corp's state of the art operating systems and trademark patented of the Halo battery . Giving the corporation's base the visual illusion of a planet friendly energy efficient company. Secondary power annex's distributes power to the foundations circulatory nexus and storing excess points. Recycling the entire complex's electrical surplus through intricate and sheathed industrial wiring.

Rules:

• Open Business Location/complex (primarily medical based)
  • Location in the CVnU Gothic City
  • Both Ashley Knightfall's and Ishmael Strix's public identities are openly known.
  • Costumed identities are not
  • Questions can be asked here or in pm.
  • Try to keep ooc in spoilerblock form

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't even read it except small parts here and there but I'm excited. And surprised! But hey!

I'd like to visit.

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 8th_Wonder

You know I'm stopping by, LOL.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell
superion_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell:My character Paragon might stop by as Keira Hawke, CEO of Hawke Industries. ^_^

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beneath HALO Corp

No Caption Provided

Ishmael leaned forward emoting an analytical gaze of deep concentration as the florescent glow of his computer screen - and what was on it - reflected off his glassy stare. His sidekick and Millennial Mirco'Shinobi, Sequiter Crix, theatrically chomping away on a stack of Twizzlers in the chair next to him as they both examined what had, in recent months, become a reoccurring event. The unexpected and seemingly spontaneous arrival of an unidentified structure of unknown capabilities

"Metro City huh? Can we track it?"

No Caption Provided

<Nay, I tried. It almost acts like an object capable of achieving higher dimensional plains. If it were also able to say, access space and time, it could potential by able to operate as if the world were simply a subset of the object itself...in theory anyway. It could just be the ugliest house size spaceship I've ever seen...>

giggled the afro-puffed technoteen

"There's no pattern? It simply shows up wherever whenever? There's no premeditated atmospheric disturbance, no energy signature to study?"

<That's what I'm sayin. It cant tell us anything unless, I mean, we got on-board somehow...>

"I'm working on that, give me time. "

slowly dragging his hand down across his chin with a smirk

"I've already set it in motion..."

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a little intro post

Walking through the Halo Corp she swiped through her tablet, her glasses resting upon her nose as for the first time in years, she was walking among the people. It felt... strange to say the least. Hiding for so long, away from the public, away from the sun, she forgot what it was like to live above the Catholicon. Of course, she would go there every night to make sure things were still running smoothly, and her head nurse, Lynnette, was always there to give her the rundown. Her underground Medical Center was still that, underground and away from the eyes of politics.

But Halo Corp was going to help her perfect some of her own works, such as, the vaccine of the Necodexa virus. With her limited resources in Catholicon, it was almost impossible for her to do so, but here? It felt as if they were limitless. She was also currently working on something called Rapid Platelet Generation Gel (or RPG Gel for short). Using a gel made from an algae-based polymer that help stop traumatic bleeding almost instantly. It was refreshing to move away from the underground clinic and back to civilization where she could work on her projects that have been placed on hold for several years.

This however, was only part of the plan. Since the Knightfall Saint came out of hiding, the wealth of her this world family was now at her fingertips. It seemed a majority of the Knightfalls that once roamed along this Earth had seemingly vanished, which allowed her to claim it for herself. With this money she was already on the way of developing The Knightfall Medical Center. In her reality, this facility helped thousands of people in need, with her Catholicon being such a success, she felt that this could be the next stepping stone for Gothic.

Then there was the ‘League’, the group of people who hunted and killed her brother. One of the reasons she came out of hiding, was to hopefully draw out this league to her, make them aware of her. Sure, it put her in danger, but she was a Knightfall. She had faced Gods and Goddesses, endless armies, betrayal, death of loved ones... soon, revenge was going to be listed to that.

No Caption Provided

“Doctor Knightfall!” A voice called out for her as her attention was pulled away from her tablet, her head turning in the direction of the voice. “Sorry to bother you, but I need your signature on some documents regarding your Necodexa virus testing.” The young man, Benjamin was his name, held up his own tablet to Ashley as she pulled out her stylus, running her pen along the screen in a signature pattern.

“Thank you Benjamin, let me know when the team is ready to begin, I want to have my hands in on this project.”

“Yes Doctor Knightfall, of course.” He spoke as he began scribbling something on his tablet with his own stylus. “Have a good day Ma’am.”

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall: (that was awesome. could literally feel alot of first hand medical knowledge on display here)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

"Settling in nicely I see." Ishmael surprisingly remarked with nonchalant charisma. Pealing off the wall with his hands in his designer pockets and rolling out into the hallway with a dexterous stride for stride walk alongside the acclimating Ashley. Multiple but strategically calculated interviews had helped re-introduce the prodigal Knightfall Saint to the city, to the public. Never too far away, Ishmael had ensured the moment had never grown to big, or too overwhelming.

Born of influential affluence, the secret Ghostshell was as media savvy as he was dangerous. Charming and armed with an infamous Cheshre Cat grin, he had always had a certain way with the Gothic media. Ashley however, well, her wall had proven substantially harder to crack.

"You ah, wanna grab a drink after work? I think I may have found a lead on the League, but I think you should get out and relax a bit. Get a sense of what its like to start living again."Swiftly slipping his keycard and allowing the pair access to the only elevator that descending to the bottom foundation and the hidden Catholicon.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:-O Shippidge!

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell:

Her attention fixated on Ishmael, her lips pressed into a gentle smile. “All thanks to you Ishmael, my transition back to the living world has been almost seamless.” She spoke as she walked into the elevator. "I honestly don't think I would have been able to do it without you."

No Caption Provided

“Relax?” She almost laughed as the word came out of her mouth. “I don’t think I’ve had time to relax since I got to this reality. The most relaxing thing I’ve done is the ride down this elevator.” She partly joked, slipping her tablet under her arm as the doors opened, The Knightfall began to exit the elevator, grasping her white coat that hung next to the opening and slipping it on in single motion.

“But if a drink means that we'll get started on the League hunt, then a drink sounds great."

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall:

A short time later; downtown Gothic City

The opulent Penguin Cocktail Lounge was the perfect place for the high profile duo to escape in a sea of Gothic's rich and powerful. When everyone one was someone, then no one in-particular was special. The rebuilding city had come along way since its devastating destruction and the PCL was a perfect example of when the rich and corrupt worked together to reforge the fallen empire.

Ishmael waved and gestured with two fingers, confidently ordering from the bar with silent communication. "I had a friend of mine do some digging. See what she could find out about the assassins who murdered your brother, about the League." pausing to hand the recently delivered shot to the medical mamba before taking the other up himself. "To revenge" he smirked, throwing it back and flashing a finger towards the bartender for another go'round.

"They're a fraternity of killers, cult level shit. Skilled in many arts and probably gassed up on lot of legend.This earth's Quintus leads a small group of followers, they call themselves the Shadow Cardinals."Taking out his phone and setting it on the bar, Ishmael swiped open a previously recorded video "But I think the League can wait. That thing, that thing is more important."

No Caption Provided

Ishmael's alien bias was true, but composed. "It simply appears when it wants, where it wants. And right now its over Metro City. I want to know who...what, it is. Dont you?" Grinning before turning away and rubbing the back of his neck. "Ah shit I'm sorry. I can get intense sometimes. Its hard, finding that balance between the mask and the person. I dont think your brother ever did."taking another drink. "He talked about you ya know. How you were back home. Back when you were happy. He blamed himself for you two ending up here. He didnt say it, he didnt have to." letting the moment breath as he stared at the Knightfall's steel exterior. Passing her another drink "He wouldn't want you to end up like him, lost in your work. Thinking only about the job, about the mission. But he'd be proud of what you're doing."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arquitenens

You ah, wanna grab a drink after work?

Grinning before turning away and rubbing the back of his neck.

Things like that. I like the verbal and kinetic expression of mannerisms that serve to humanise him and make him more like a real person.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell:

No Caption Provided

She sat directly across Ishmael, her attention shifting between the man who “brought her back from the dead” and the busy bar around them. When was the last time she went out like this? Before she even came to this reality if she was going to be honest with herself. Her eyes looked down at the glass set down before her as she picked it up with her worn hands from years of working in the medical field. “To revenge.” She returned the grin, lifting the glass up as she quickly took in the alcohol. She couldn’t get drunk, not since the accident in Reality M. Her body wouldn’t allow itself to become altered from the beverage. But that didn’t mean she didn’t enjoy the pain that came with the drink.

Setting the glass down she let out a sigh, trying to let her shoulders relax, but it was difficult. The weight of everything was on her shoulders, and not just from here, but from back home too. Her eyes shifted up from the empty glass to her new friend, listening to him carefully. “Shadow Cardinals?” She repeated her brows pressing against one another as her mind began to remember something. “Cardinals are a Liafador thing… are these Shadow Cardinals connected to them?” She could feel the pit of her stomach begin to burn as she shift in her seat, becoming uncomfortable for a moment.

But before she could push further, Ishmael began to mention something else. She was uninterested in this cube like figure that roamed the Earth, mostly because she was still focused on those two words, Shadow Cardinals. Cardinals took the life of her fiancee and majority of her family back in Reality M, Marcus here on this Earth and now Cardinals took the life of her brother. Maybe it was the expressionless tone of her face that caused Ishmael to back off the talk of aliens for a moment, but he began talking about her brother and her facial muscles twinged in pain. She had been so busy with rebuilding her life above the Catholicon, she hadn’t had time to properly mourn him.

I can't let his death be in vain
I can't let his death be in vain

Her eyes fell on the next glass filled with the golden liquid and she grasped it between her fingers and took it in within a second. “It wasn’t happiness Ishmael.” She began as she set the glass down with a ‘thud’, pulling her glasses off with her free hand as she set them down on the table. “It was just… routine. I’m sure you read about the war in Reality M? How my brother and I ran the rebellion. Well… he did most of the work, I just patched up his soldiers and tried to come up with ways to give them a better advantage on the field. I was good at what I did and it gave me a sense of fulfillment, knowing we were making a difference. But it wasn’t happiness.” She let out a sigh, her fingers running through her loose blonde hair. “We lost a lot of loved ones, and I guess I always hoped, one day, we would win, to give meaning to their sacrifices. But the moment we came to this Earth, I felt that all the pain, loss, anger, sadness, everything we endured together, was for nothing. That's why I was so desperate to get home. Now my brother's gone and I just-" Her voice cut off as her jaw tightened. She wasn't crying, no tears were seen in her eyes, but it was anger that could be seen as her eyes finally met his. "I can't let his death be in vain Ishmael." Realizing she had just snapped at her only friend, she took in a slow, deep breath, leaning back in her seat a bit. "I'm-I'm sorry."

"As for that Cube in the sky." Ash shifted the conversation, clearing her throat as she motioned to the person serving them to bring a couple more drinks. "That city has it's own hero, that... Paragon, right? Why not speak to her about this before we jump into something we're clueless about? It might be nice to have someone who can punch the sky on our side if things don't exactly go as planned."

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@ashley_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

Ishmael's eyes squinted with intense observation truly living in the moment of Ashley's subtle emotional agitation. Her brother, her reality, and unspoken elements of her life that she had yet to reveal, all came flooding back into the forefront of her mind. Forcing the displaced Knightfall to also live in a moment. A moment of letting it out, saying the words and facing the realization that she had lost. Lost the war, lost her family, lost her life, she had lost it all. And it psychologically intrigued the Gothic Ghostshell.

"When a rebellion dies, no one ever asks what happened to its heroes." Three shots loose, Ishmael's retort may have seemed too familiar, but in truth he understood the Knightfall's sense of defeat more then most. The parallels between the tragic sets of circumstances had played out like a carnival mirror reflection of one another.

Taking another drink he didnt bother to look Ashley in the eyes as he pulled his phone back into his pocket. Slightly disappointed in her response. But quickly dismissing it, he smirked and casually cocked his head in her direction.

No Caption Provided

"What happens after we take down the League....or Cardinals whatever they call themselves, what then?" looking into her eyes, "Cause if we're doing this we're coming out the other end, we're coming out alive. If you're ready to avenge your brother you better be ready to live for him too... cause thats" taking one last shot and hitting it on the bar upside down before standing up. "how ya win." pulling on her arm in an attempt to lead her towards the dance floor as the small band softly played something slow. In time he would connect the Liafador dots. Share her brother's meticulous details on the League and his ruthless doppelganger. But first he felt compelled to show her that this Earth, this time, was now hers. She had a home, even if she couldnt see it yet.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

In Gothic City traffic was considered a good sign. Traffic meant the city was buzzing, alive again. It’s ironic. People are the “lifeblood” of the city, but it’s considered healthy to have this excessive clotting. It was her first time in the city since the reconstruction and thus far it had been nothing short of painful and she couldn’t even enjoy what should’ve been the best part. An onyx Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman Guard made for a fine status symbol, but stuck in traffic it was just as irritating as any other car. Truth be told, she missed the “outlaw days” prowling the streets on her motorcycle; but it was nice to see Gothic turned to a semblance of what constituted a normal city again, she admitted, and wondered how similar and different it was compared to what it was before. Last time Gothic was a normal city the Lazarus Project wasn’t even a vague concept.

“Valencia” rode in the back, alone. She had no confidants, no close partners in business, at home. No friends. Definitely not within Avalon. Not unless one counted the somewhat charming but equally devilishly frustrating artificial intelligence in charge of her training, parenting (what passed for it), and only constant companion since the clone had been born. “He” didn’t count, not to her. She’d gotten attached to the point she could hardly imagine a life without him. But Aeon wasn’t a choice. He was enforced by the Lazarus Project, and then he enforced himself, from the time she was a thing in a test tube. Still, he was better than Antonia Dain up until even he got tiresome.

She watched droplets patter on the dark-tinted window, following a single drop as it rolled down the glass, collecting and merging with the remnants of other raindrops fallen prior, all the while leaving its own trail of remnants behind. A faint trail, but traceable until she glances away and then looks back. In the absence of conversation she’s repeated this pattern with different droplets for as long as she’d been in the city.

La Reina de Los Angeles on the East Side, they’d said. Someone’s up to no good. Usually when she travelled, or did anything at all, the self-proclaimed queen preferred to keep a low profile. “It should be easy for someone who can be whoever she wants, right?”

Wrong. Newspapers, magazines…Somehow they always had something. And the smallest detail – a date, a location – confirmed or mere speculation, routinely sent them into a frenzy, everyone scrambling for a story. “Valencia” had done her best to keep Avalon’s spotlight relatively small compared to the circumstances spawning and surrounding its rise. And for the most part, she’d succeeded. The company prospered under her name, and at least as far as employee satisfaction, people were happier under her than they ever were under Antonia Dain. Not going to war with the president while fighting off terrorists, routine bad guys, and independent agencies probably helps.No one’s been kidnapped or attacked in over a year.

And yet, her performance was still not good enough for Dain’s machine. Privately, innovation was bustling. Scientists got to play with their passions, and she’d even contributed herself to ideas. It seemed every day they were coming up with something new to help Abigail’s fianna, or other heroes in need of a boost. But, the Aensland heiress aside, heroes tend not to be remunerative associates. More like leeches. Valencia kept the profile low, but by then she’d begun to be characterized as a coward in business. A woman afraid of risks.

“Antonia Dain took risks.”

“She’s done Quintus—the entire Knightfall bloodline—prouder, and she’s not even one of the family.”

“The legacy died when Dain disappeared.”

“She built this company from ruins and kept us afloat in the worst kinda climate for it.”

“When you account for the circumstances, Ms. Knightfall’s performance really isn’t quite as impressive.”

They were right, and she hated them for it. Her fist slammed against the window. Not hard enough to damage, but enough to get the attention of the driver, who glanced at her in the rearview, staring until she saw the CEO glaring back.

They were right. To keep from failing, or to keep from exposing herself, she had played it safe, and there were concerns about moving forward. Hence, the visit to the East Coast.

She set eyes on the building, now just several blocks away. Halo was impressive. Another name representing the rebirth and newfound prosperity of an old, dead name. They dove in headlong with Gothic’s reconstruction, apparently high on faith (or something else) and low on that which could be considered “anything to lose.” Or so she evaluated. Her own faith was not so strong, so Avalon’s involvement in the reconstruction was comparatively smaller. It didn’t bother her until Aeon chided her on willingly playing second-fiddle, recalling how Toni and other heroes bled in the streets for the city and would want to see it recover from what it was. The opportunity now was golden.

“What is she again, to me?”

{She is the cousin of Andres and Quintus, which, officially, makes her your first cousin, once removed.}

“Right. Well, we’ve never met and she never met Doña so I should get a relatively clean slate. Accessing the matrix of possible interactions and outcomes…” She spent the rest of the time brushing up on last-minute propriety and etiquette studies, fighting down the butterflies emerging in anticipation of her first big solo CEO meeting.

No Caption Provided

Within the building Valencia entered to relatively little fanfare.. Heads turned, some lingered longer than others, but people had work to do, far more important than gawking at some girl flying in for a day or two from the other side of the country. It actually helped to ease her nerves a little. And despite what she felt, body language was the first she’d ever learned, before learning to speak or read at all. Comfortable or not, by mechanically mimicking the mannerisms she’d seen in others of high stature she could fake it as good as anyone representing the genuine article.

She flashed a disarming smile as she approached the front desk. “Hola, Señorita. Valencia Knightfall, here to see Ashley Knightfall, your boss. Si, I have an appointment. Si, I am early. No, it is not a social visit. I can entertain myself while I wait.”

Allowing only a brief time for any further response, she turned to busy herself in her phone while waiting.

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm...

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Higgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dr_Higgs
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_higgs: CEO's make enough money to never feel awkward

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell:

It was the first time, ever, since Ashley had spoken to someone about her life in Reality M aside from her brother, Quintus. She was truly alone here in this world. That was why she buried herself in work. If she was busy, she wouldn’t have time to sit and think about everything she lost. It was why she never left the Catholicon. It was easy, it was routine, it kept her sane, it kept her numb to what she was really feeling. Her eyes looked at the bottom of her glass that still had some liquor in it. God she would kill to get drunk right about now, to drink her sorrow away and just go into a comatose state for a few hours. That sound nice right about now.

No Caption Provided

Her eyes met his, as the ultimate question was asked. What happens after everything? Will Ashley revert back to how she was before meeting Ishmael? Would she just bury herself in work again? She gave an amused little smirk. Live her life for him? What did that mean? Get married? Settle down? Have kids? Stay with Halo Corp? Wear a costume and beat up criminals? Most Knightfalls in this world never got far enough in life to make those decisions, would she? “Hmm... I’ll cross that bridge when we get there.” She had no clue what would come afterwards. Her entire life was a rotation of fighting, sacrificing and watching loved ones die. To have a disruption of that, well… it just didn’t seem real.

Her eyes widen though, at the feel of the tug on her arm and her head could be lightly shaking back and forth as she mouthed the words ‘nononono’ over and over. But reluctantly, she followed. Her body becoming slightly stiffen as her heels clicked on the marble flooring. “I haven’t done this in awhile.” she finally spoke, softly but loud enough to be heard as nervousness swept over her. Her hands carefully placed upon him as she struggled to follow his lead. It wasn’t that she couldn’t dance, but the last time she enjoyed a dance, was with her fiance, before he was killed. She hadn’t since, until tonight. The vibration of the horns could be felt in the air as the beat of the drums pulsated life onto the floor itself. The singer’s golden rich voice filled the atmosphere. “What about your Ishmael, when we’re done, what are you going to do?”

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutthroatbitch:

(a little rushed on my part, sorry >_< I didn't want to keep you waiting!)

Under Halo Corp- The Catholicon

No Caption Provided

“I need two chest tubes right now!” The Knightfall’s voice called out as she stood over her patient, a 38 year old male was in an MVA. The rain outside caused the oil and dirt to rise up from in between the concrete road, making it slicker than usual and more prone to accidents. The patient’s younger brother brought him in after patient refused to be transported to Gothic hospital due to financial issues. Now here he was, gasping for air with a hemothorax to the left lung and pneumothorax on the right due to complications caused by displaced rib fractures.

“Got it!” Lynnette, her main charge nurse called out, giving her the tubing in one hand while another nurse handed Ashley a scalpel in the other.

No Caption Provided

“This is going to hurt, but you’re going to feel better.” She spoke to the patient. They didn’t have time for Lidocain, it would take too long and the patient's lips were already showing some cyanosis. Without wasting time the blade dug into the skin, cutting deep into the man’s body and in between the ribs of the side of the chest that was more endangered, the hemothorax. The patient tried to scream in pain, but couldn’t due to the lack of oxygen in his collapsed lungs. “Hold him down!” Ashley shouted as three nurses were already on top of him. Pulling the scalpel out and handing off to a nurse, a hemostat was placed in her hands instead and using it to dig into the wound, using it to spread the tissues down to the rib, then just over the rib and into the pleural space. With the tube she was still holding in her other hand, she began to feed it into the wound, using the hemostat to guild it into the pleural space until the tube began to fill with the crimson blood. The man winced in pain as he took in a breath, still shallow, but deep enough to pull oxygen into his body while they do the next one on the other side of the chest.

Before she could move on to the next lung, her watch began buzzing. Her cobalt eyes looked down to see that she had about five minutes before Valencia Knightfall, her cousin, would be here for their appointment. “Oops.” The Knightfall Saint quickly stepped away as Dr. Felber, a 5’3 brown hair brown eyed doctor poked her head in. “Dr. Felber, I need to go, think you can do this chest tube?” Before she could answer, she handed the hemostat and tube to the younger doctor.

“Erm, sure.”

Walking off Ashley tore off the yellow paper gown, covered in blood, off her body as she walked towards the elevator that would take her up to Halo Corp. “Doctor Knightfall!” Lynnette called out, waving the doctor down.

What would I do without you?
What would I do without you?

“Lynnette, I really gotta go-” Before she could finish the nurse yanked off the blue hairnet she was still wearing over her hair. “Oh, thank you.” She smiled as she pulled off her white jacket, hanging it by the elevator door as she stepped inside. “What would I do without you?”

“Let’s pray we don’t have to find out.” Lynnette smiled. “Good luck with your meeting!” she waved the doctor off as the doors closed.

Halo Corp

Walking down the halls the Reality M Knightfall adjusted her clothing a bit as she began to go through her mental notes. Valencia Knightfall, her cousin, daughter of this world’s Andres, who is well aware of Ashley’s travels from Reality M. But did Valencia know? She couldn’t assume so. It was going to be the first Knightfall she met that wasn’t due to a crisis. It was… nice. She was excited to meet her this world family, especially since in her reality, there was no Valencia Knightfall. While she all too familiar with The Knightfall’s in family troubles, it was nice to see some had actually done something with themselves other than become assassins.

No Caption Provided

Turning in she could see the raven haired blue eyed Knightfall occupying herself on her phone. “Valencia?” The fellow Knightfall called out, approaching her cousin with a soft smile, stretching out her hand for a handshake. “Ashley Knightfall,” she quickly introduced herself. “It’s great to finally meet you!” She was feeling hopeful as she stood in the presence of family. “Shall we?” Ashley motioned towards her office as she began leading the way. “I’m very sorry I kept you waiting, I got a little caught up with some work.” She figured her cousin was a busy woman as well, running her own company and didn’t want to waste any of her time. “We’ve been a little busy since Halo Corp started, but hey, it keeps me out of trouble.” Pulling the door open to her office she allowed Valencia walk in first as she would walk in after.

The office wasn’t extravagantly decorated, it was simple with a view of the city. Honestly she wasn’t in her office very much, and it could be seen by the lack of clutter on her mahogany desk. She sat behind her desk, motioning for her cousin to do the same. “So, let’s get to it. Tell me, what can I do for you?”

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall: MVA, lidocain, cyanosis...I am gonna learn so much just from reading this character!

Also I feel like I'm interacting in an episode of Grey's Anatomy!

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't have started reading this before sleep. Now I'm all excited...

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@cutthroatbitch: @ashley_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

Ishmael stood with a contemplative, yet lighthearted gaze of observational intrigue while cavalierly leaning over the high-rise rail of the company's architecturally sound, glass framed corporate top floor(s). Next to him, blowing what had become an irritatingly trademarked compulsion, Sequitur Crix; huffed and popped; a mini-balloon size sphere of bubblegum. Sitting with her back against the glass and her knees folded up to serve as a make-shift table for her customized laptop, she crinkled her nose before sliding her glasses back up the bridge of her nose.

<"You dont trust she's who she says she is, huh?">

the young girl rhetorically stated

"I dont trust the timing" Ishmael replied,self-consciously rubbing his thumb over the rough surface of his graduate ring. Mentally replaying his encounter with the Street Savages several nights prior, and the confession he had brutally extracted from their dangerous leader

"Wolf was lying about her employer, my gut tells me that much. But still...just mere days after she's implicated in my investigation, Valencia arrives to meet with her...cousin." eyessquinted while looking down at his unique cyber partner.

"Why now? Why are Quintus' notes so vague when talking about his brother, his extended family? There's no mention of her anywhere in his notes...I want to know why..."

<"Well, you did bug the Catholicon."> (Issue #2)

spoken with a matter of fact tone, Sequitur raised her brows

"I'm going up"

With a sigh Ishmael clasped his hands and smoothly began to rub, before clasping them again and bringing them to his lips "No. Ashley is a clever girl. She'll deal with the situation as she deems fit. You and I...have larger concerns. Is the suit ready?"

<"It is.>"

"Very well, then prep the Talon. I'm going up."

Dr_Higgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell:

Ishmael stood with a contemplative, yet lighthearted gaze of observational intrigue while cavalierly leaning over the high-rise rail of the company's architecturally sound, glass framed corporate top floor(s).

daaaaaaaaaamn son, thats some eloquent wording there

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_higgs: thnx. self-conscious about the second sentence but I figure I'm me, I can get away with it ;P

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CutthroatBitch

@the_ghostshell: Eyez on me? I'm the enemy here!?

Ishmael's about to have me like...

No Caption Provided

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall:

Its was nice. The simplicity of sharing rhythmic proximity with an attractive charismatic friend. Her social nervousness brought a smug and carefree grin to the Ghostshell's already loosened demeanor. "You'll be fine, I got ya" he joked. Simplifying the act with basic comfortable sways back and forth. "Whens this is over I'm going to lead Gothic into an era of unimaginable prosperity. I'm going to rebuild the Strix family. I...am going to have it all Ashley. The whole goddamn thing." Though substantially fueled by liquor, his confident words held a degree of earnest belief. "You'll see." trying not to laugh as he purposely twirled the Knightfall Saint with unbalanced but successful grace.

No Caption Provided

"You asked me something earlier and I failed to give you an answer. There's no real easy explanation but the short version is no, the Shadow Cardinals are not affiliated with the Liafadors. They were, at one time, but the Liafadors are currently engaged in a family civil war. Seems their matriarchs are dead and the successors are ill equipped to handle the throne. Some real game of thrones shit. We dont want to get mixed up in that if we can help it. Which, seems we may not be able too." letting out a sigh while stepping back. "We should go. There's something you should see." tossing Ashley the keys, Ishmael stylishly scooped up their jackets. "You drive." he grinned.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall: @the_ghostshell:

It is a smart tactical move, the Don’s Heir thought. To make your opponent wait. It is several statements of relative status, all at once. Advantages of the home field. That I have been made to travel to see her is itself an assertion of importance. She smirked and shook her head, mentally surveying the battlefield. That’s what it all was, for her. Under Antonia Dain’s tutelage, social interaction itself was another form of combat, even the smallest factors (especially the smallest factors) a grand gesture which could have devastating implications for one’s “sparring partner.” The atmosphere, friendly but housing a subtle competitive edge, even something about the smell was vaguely familiar and brought her a feeling of déjà vu.

Maybe it’s the type. Spend enough time in the corporate sector, eventually it all starts to blend tog—

“—Valencia arrives to meet with her...cousin.”

Her ears perked ever so slightly, the selective attention to her own thoughts interrupted by the sound of her assumed name. Still she kept her face turned down at the screen, thumbs tapping away, pausing, tapping, as though intently focused on some other important interaction.

"Why now? Why are Quin—”

“Valencia?”

Another jarring shift. But this one was addressed to her. The other would have to be revisited. Or, if someone were questioning her motives, perhaps it would revisit her. Her head rose, and then she did too, though without a sense of urgency in any part of her body language. She locked eyes with Ashley and smiled a warm smile. as though she were reuniting with an old friend after a long absence. Broad-shouldered and tall, like her father, Andres, Valencia carried herself proudly with the same magnetic aura that treated every square inch of every locale as though she owned the place while simultaneously welcoming others into her convivial grace.

“Encantada, prima.” She casually waved off Ashley’s apology and took her hand, her grip gentle yet firm. “No me importa. It is only natural, no?” She followed. “Avalon, Halo…La Reina de Los Angeles and the Angel of Gothic under one roof, forging an alliance the likes of which the world has not seen since my father and Quintus united the family under Kamelot’s banner? Such a thing threatens the very balance of the universe, so of course it conspires to keep us apart for as long as possible. But even the universe itself can only succeed for so long against the two of us.”

Sauntering into the office space, Valencia immediately seated herself across from the desk at a slight backwards lean, arms held semi-casually on the armrests. She scanned the office, then Ashley, and the office again while Halo’s CEO took her own seat. Valencia nodded her silent approval.

“Perdóname if this is cliché, but as you Americans say, ’tis not merely what one can do for another, but what we can do for each other, no? I am here, as I am sure you are at least vaguely aware, because there is an opportunity for partnership…And, es posible, you may be able to assist me as family. But first to do the business.

“I am curious about several of your more unique resources in for the purposes of at least one project.” She paused briefly, uncrossing her legs and leaning forward in the chair. “I refer, of course, to your ‘Immortal Battery’ and the exotic metal in your microchips and solar panels, ahh, the aahhh…” Her hand twirled about her wrist, fingers snapping as though she were having trouble remembering but the word hung just at the edge of her mind, on the tip of her tongue.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*eye twitches

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45 Feral Nova  Moderator

Oh snap I got some replying to doooo

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell:

If there was one thing Ishmael was, it was confident in himself. Some may call it conceited, but Ashley called it self assurance. Very suave in the way he conducted his way of life. Ashley had seen men similar to him many times before, but for some reason, she believed that he could actually obtain the seemingly unattainable life. She didn’t say anything, only a light chuckle and a subtle shake of her head. He was an interesting individual.

But as they danced, her body stiffen, as as the subject of the Liafador’s came up. Their own family in their own battles within themselves. But wait… “Dead?” She asked to mostly herself. Did that mean… that Ziccarra could be dead? Instinctively her right hand snatched the keys in the air as she was suddenly pulled away from her thoughts. “Hmmm, alright.”

No Caption Provided

Driving through the city her hands were placed precisely at the 10 and 2 of the steering wheel as her cobalt eyes were focused ahead as she was going exactly the city speed limit. She couldn't help it, she was always a safe driver even before the war on Reality M. “So… are you going to tell me where we’re going, or do I have to guess?” The Knightfall teased, her eyes never diverting from the road.

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutthroatbitch:

An enthusiastic smile was almost plastered on her face throughout La Donna’s entire conversation with her. Of course partnership didn’t escape The Knightfall Saint’s mind when La Reina of Los Angeles contacted her. Of course, Ashley did her own research on Avalon herself, and she had to admit, she was rather impressed with the company. But from the looks of the economic stagnus of the company, it seemed (to Ashley) that the Avalon needed the partnership more than Halo did. But of course, like the person she was, Ashley was always willing to help if she could. One of her downfalls her brother always stated, when he was alive. Ashley did say she wanted to rebuild the Knightfall image, what better way than to team up with someone who had the reputation of being a “Queen” of a city?

“Oh yes, the Aethrium.” Ashley was quick to help her cousin as she reached down at one of her desk drawers, opening it and pulling out a rather full manila envelope she had her secretary make for her yesterday. Closing the drawer with one hand she stretched out her arm across the desk, presenting it to her cousin. It was a series of projects coming that were intertwined with the new metal. From automotive transportation to medical and even military use, the possibilities were almost endless, but they were lacking specific details that would give away anything worth taking. “As you can see, we’re not wasting any time in trying to implement Aethrium into as many projects as we can. I’m personally overseeing the use of this metal for medical research, such as pacemakers and even spinal stimulation to just name a couple.”

“But this isn’t just about Halo, Avalon has done it’s share in helping the world.” The Knightfall took lead on the conversation. “Ambrose Foods is one of my favorites, it’s helped out Gothic City several times during our many crisis and even to this day. The poverty in the city is very slowly getting better, but not quick enough, and it’s Ambrose Foods that help keep our citizens fed. My all time favorite however, is Magitek.” She paused for a moment, realizing she was ranting on and on about a company her cousin ran. The fellow Knightfall leaned back in her seat, giving an apologetic smile as she cleared her throat. “Sorry, I get a little carried away when I’m excited. I meant to ask, was, does Avalon have anything going on at the moment? While the company is still going, I haven't seen anything news about new projects for... a while." She didn't mean to sound as if she was offending or insult her cousins company, but she still had to think of the well being of Halo Corp and the people who worked here.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CutthroatBitch

Oooh, this is gonna be fun.