• 151 results
The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The Hunter

Headline: Corporate Newcomer Takes Arms Market by Storm!

The C.E.O.

William Greystoke, C.E.O. of Greystoke Industries
William Greystoke, C.E.O. of Greystoke Industries

What are the odds that a former soldier-of-fortune would make his fortune (or rather, his second fortune) in the arms market? On top of that, what are the odds that his would do so before the age of 40? William Greystoke has done just that.

Prior to his debut in the arms market, Greystoke made a name for himself as a soldier and soldier-of-fortune. His past known affiliations include the United Kingdom Special Forces and the French Foreign Legion to name a few.

After making a small, yet considerable fortune for himself, Greystoke sought to expand his horizons.

The late Malcolm Leinhardt (founder of Leinhardt Industries in Germany) was left with no surviving heirs, and therefore left his assets to William Greystoke shortly before his death. His assets included a weapons manufacturing plant based in Germany, as well as a global silver-mining corporation as well.

William Greystoke was transferred the majority of shares of both ventures upon Malcolm Leinhardt's death, and immediately began to expand the operations - specifically in the weapons industry.

Moving the headquarters of the company to the United States, he renamed it Greystoke Industries.

The Company

No Caption Provided

Greystoke Industries specializes in military technology. Two of the largest acquisitions that the company made early on were of SIG Sauer, Inc. and Beretta. Immediately, the governmental contracts of those two companies alone in the United States turned the company into a monopoly in the firearms industry.

Furthermore, the company also specializes in much more advanced weaponry. Some popular advances seen in the field include the Dire Wolf and Timber Wolf assault vehicles, aerial transports, and more.

No Caption Provided

When asked about its testing facilities, Greystoke Industries officials stated that the information was classified. However, the headquarters is located in New York City, NY. There one can find its corporate offices, legal offices, research & development, and other items of a business-related nature.

Critics often state that William Greystoke is just another "warmonger." When asked about this in an interview, Greystoke replied, "Look, this world we live in is no utopia. War is inevitable. Trust me, I've been in it... The technology that my company produces and sells - it's not meant to merely take lives, but also to save them. Certainly, the atom bomb took a lot of lives in Hiroshima and Nagasaki; but think of all the lives that it saved. Think of all the soldiers whose lives were saved because one side armed themselves up more than the other. Yes, my company manufactures weapons to take lives; but it also develops safeguards to protect the lives of the brave men and women fighting for their countries..."

It is uncertain whether or not Greystoke Industries will still be standing one hundred years from now. However, one thing is for certain: As long as there is still conflict and war left in this world, the company will have a steady revenue stream... and it does not look like that will change any time soon.

RPG Rules, Etc.

• The aforementioned information is the only knowledge that the outside world has of William Greystoke (unless otherwise stated in interactions/agreed upon earlier). They do not know that he is a lycan, nor that he is the Hunter. The Hunter's identity (up until this point) has remained a secret unless revealed via interaction or RPG.
  • Obviously, don't destroy the place, hack the systems, etc. without permission. However, if you do, at least sell the defenses.
  • Other standard RPG rules apply.
  • MUCH more information will be added up later. The "Headline" is merely the introduction of Greystoke Industries to the CVnU as a whole.

(Have fun... Hit me up if you have any RPG ideas.)

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Seems like enough guns to cure AIDS in America.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

(Nice location man.)

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:

Seems like enough guns to cure AIDS in America.

lol, Hopefully...

(Nice location man.)

Thanks.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehehe, the Spartan missile. Didn't think the old Greek war horse would see such honors again. Insiders are cool.

_Darkwing_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When are we going to do company wars again?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Ze Grey wolf is back

The_Akkadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Akkadian

This is awesome work, great stuff man!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

:o

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*freaks out*

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehehe, the Spartan missile. Didn't think the old Greek war horse would see such honors again. Insiders are cool.

Of course, lol.

When are we going to do company wars again?

Sounds like a great idea...

@_drake said:

Awesome.

This is awesome work, great stuff man!

Thanks. I'll add in more details later on... Might write it in, or just let it all go down via RPG(s).

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget to add drones, no self respecting PMC would be without them

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:

Don't forget to add drones, no self respecting PMC would be without them

Oh, I've got something better than drones, lol...

Coven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PM coming

<.< I'd of just posted but rules are rules I'll behave lol

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm.... I need to add more to this.

omegablast452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LYCAN BUDDIES!

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's Rollo!

Just now seeing this, It's pretty beastly.

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hunter said:

LYCAN BUDDIES!

Hello cousin.

That's Rollo!

Just now seeing this, It's pretty beastly.

lol, Yup.

omegablast452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hunter: Give a holla out this this wolf if you ever need anything!

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A letter from the Shogunate of Venezuela to the CEO of Greystroke Industries, hand delivered by the Venezuelan diplomatic envoy in a sealed embassy bag.

Dear Mr. Greystroke,

It has come to our attention that your company provides many tools of war. As you are no doubt aware our nation is the worlds first mutant state and we are surrounded by enemies. Recently much of our arsenal has been destroyed thanks to the attacks of various human extremists and we seek to replenish that arsenal.

If your company would be interested in doing business please notify us by enclosing a note in the sealed embassy bag this letter was delivered in or visiting our embassy in Washington DC. Other methods of communication are likely to be compromised.

Yours truly,
The Shogunate of Venezuela.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Pyrogram

@the_shogun: When you think about it, an entire mutant army wouldn't need many conventional weapons, a bunch of shapeshifters could probably defeat the US pretty easily. Like in days of future past, now imagine 50-100 of those people running around pretending to be the secret service and the president xP

Avatar image for deactivated-60322c75112c3
deactivated-60322c75112c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: Oh, interesting! Ivana's putting in work now :) I like this kind of cross thread interaction. Most people would have just made up their own weaponry etc. which is cool but its also cool to see someone selling another user's concept like this. And selling is your bread and butter, bella ;)

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: Thanks! And yeah, I figured I'd reach out and build some connections and RP, if Hunter was interested.

@pyrogram: I'd like to do a mutant army or something someday but where most mutants have different powers that's too much work for me lol. With the Shogunate I just say that most mutants don't have useful powers (but still face discrimination) so they have to use human weaponry.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pyrogram

@the_shogun: When I was using the country, I just headcanon'd something like 70% of the military were either telekinesis or telepathy users, and the rest were whatever. But a mutant army used LIKE a mutant army is probably overpowered. Considering how many people here have more than one power, imagine like 50000 people with the abilities of Flash and are all master martial artists xP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: I think he will be. Who doesn't wanna RP with LL ;P

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Lol right? That would be -crazy- powerful. I just try to RP it that the PC's are the outliers, the special ones with great combat powers and most NPC's are much weaker. That kinda helps explain why a small number of PC's are the most important people in the world too lol.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: At least a couple of people LOL.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pyrogram

@the_shogun: Yeah, the outliers thing is probably the most sensible idea. If it wasn't the case, Venezuela probably wouldn't even need a standard economy because there would be mutants who could give them infinite power and food through some manipulation or something. Venezuela has the potential to be ridiculous :P

Now I see why Charles wants to kill all mutants, they ARE the next step >_>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for raysh_al_shaytan
Raysh_Al_Shaytan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

He'd argue that they're a side step :P These new Inhumans however....now that'd be another matter entirely

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Right? Plus if it had that many powerful telepaths they could just mind control the entire world into loving mutants and end the whole conflict right there.

I do RP Ven as having plenty of powerful mutants, just not a crazy amount or anything. They are a nation after all, they should have a lot of resources.

You know, ironically I think Charles and Ivana are actually correct. No two intelligent species have ever been able to co-exist. Not only does technology imply belligerence but two species can't occupy the same ecological nitche. Eventually one MUST go extinct. Eventually the human race will encounter an alien race and the odds are that over billions of years one of us will completely displace the other [with some exceptions]. Life is kinda like highlander; there can only be one.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: Its the nature of the beast hehe.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pyrogram

@the_shogun: Truth xP The Chancellor and all of his previous telepathic power probably could have done that, I still can't believe how well you sold that attack against Albert :P

I completely agree of course. I do wonder how humans will first encounter another intelligent race. IF we will, it's probably one in a billion chance we'll meet another race on the same place on the evolutionary ladder like in Star Wars, so we can actually communicate.

@raysh_al_shaytan: I think the term inhuman sounds so badass for some reason.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Shogun

@pyrogram: That was pretty awesome hehe. One of my all time favorite battles.

Its a good question. Odds are we'll discover their radio transmissions long before we discover them. In real life FTL really is impossible (and you can't travel through a wormhole either lol). Humans can't even break 2Gs of acceleration over the long term. So we'll be reading each others electronic histories over vast distances of space for hundreds, probably thousands of years before either party encounters the other in close enough proximity to have a conversation.

The odds are also pretty good that consciousness and technology are the exceptions, not the rule. The great majority of human civilizations reached a technological apex and peaked. Many collapsed. The aborigines were technologically and culturally stable for 40,000 years and probably would have continued to be so without the arrival of Europeans. I doubt we would have ever set foot on the moon without the miracle of Europe. The Arab civilizations collapsed and regressed, China had completely stagnated and the Americas were still in the stone age. A one in a billion combination of cultural pressures, intellectual schools, and geography and boom, enlightenment. A tiny fraction of human history later a man is on the moon and we're talking about it on the internet.

Europe is probably a galactic exception, not a rule. I would wager that there are thousands of civilizations spread across the galaxy that never invent the wheel, never break out of the Malthusian trap, never develop germ theory or empirical thinking. Just imagine where the world would be if the Greeks had been wiped out before they could have created the foundation to modern thought?

There's a sci-fi trope that humans are technologically primitive and the rest of the galaxy is light years ahead. The reverse is probably true. We haven't detected a single radio transmission. Not one. There is not a single sign of technological life in the entire galaxy and I would wager that's because most life doesn't become technological in the way that we have.

On top of that what are the odds of a species even developing intelligence? How many billions of species have evolved on earth and what, only ten of them are intelligent? Tough odds lol.

Unless we get killed by an asteroid or kill ourselves with climate change I think we're going to have a field day colonizing the galaxy lol.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pyrogram

On top of that what are the odds of a species even developing intelligence? How many billions of species have evolved on earth and what, only ten of them are intelligent? Tough odds lol.

That just changed my entire opinion about if intelligent life exists in the universe. Holy sht, that's such a good point O_o

Why do you think civilizations stagnate in technology? Is it because they've just adapted to their ecosystem and don't feel the need to continue? But I don't think that's true, because the Greeks and other civilizations adapted to their's and they still innovated and invented and inspired change and such. Maybe it's because of war and invasion, probably something to do with that. As you said, if EU hadn't done what they did with America, we might never have achieved all we've achieved.

I imagine we will colonize planets again and again, and eventually, after generations we'll end up creating human-sub species which eventually evolved for the specific conditions which their planet brings. Like, even if we don't encounter aliens, humans on Earth will be vastly different from humans which colonized another planet, although that'll probably take forever to happen.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Heh, glad you liked it!

I think technological stagnation is the natural course of things because eventually most cultures have stagnated and historically most have declined. There are a -lot- of reasons; if there was just one barrier than a lot more civilizations would have broken through. But they didn't; only one did because of a perfect storm of factors that allowed them to break through a large number of barriers all at once.

Two of the biggest parts are megafauna and systems of writing. No megafauna means you can't domesticate beasts of burden. The biggest thing that held the Aztecs back was a lack of horses and cattle. The same is true of Africa; the Tsetse fly carries diseases that make large populations of certain megafauna unsustainable. Namely horses and cattle. Without those two things its extremely difficult to have a large civilization.

No system of writing and its extremely difficult to build a store of knowledge that increases over generations. The gauls/celts didn't have an effective system of writing, just a druid/bard cast that was the repository of cultural knowledge. Even if they had ten Plato's back to back that knowledge wouldn't pass on and be built upon by the next generation the same way it would be for the Greeks.

If you don't have those two things in combination its tough for ideas to pass from one population center to another that's separated by great distance either physically or temporally. For example in Europe the enlightenment involved the reading of ideas that had been transmitted over hundreds and thousands of years and hundreds and thousands of miles (mostly from the greeks and arab translations of greek writing).

Warfare has a lot to do with it in my opinion. The European states had the combination of constant warfare and realitively stable countries. This is due to a couple of factors, number one being the wave of Nordic raiders which forced European leaders to invest tremendous treasure into building an equally tremendous number of fortifications in the form of castles and the like. This meant warfare was rarely decisive because the costs of taking a castle vastly outweighted the costs of defending one. It also meant wars went on and on and on because nobody could really build up a lot of conquests and momentum. There was no Alexander the Great or Gengius Khan and no more Ceaser either. So there was great incentive to develop better technology but there were also realitively stable states that could educate who it chose to educate, invest in innovation, and retain that knowledge in libraries that weren't burned down by a conqueror every fifty years.

And a whole lot more lol. Honestly I could type for a week on this very subject. I'm tempted to get into the culture and stuff but my fingers are kinda tired now lol.

I agree! We won't stop evolving just because we reach the stars.

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A letter from the Shogunate of Venezuela to the CEO of Greystroke Industries, hand delivered by the Venezuelan diplomatic envoy in a sealed embassy bag.

Dear Mr. Greystroke,

It has come to our attention that your company provides many tools of war. As you are no doubt aware our nation is the worlds first mutant state and we are surrounded by enemies. Recently much of our arsenal has been destroyed thanks to the attacks of various human extremists and we seek to replenish that arsenal.

If your company would be interested in doing business please notify us by enclosing a note in the sealed embassy bag this letter was delivered in or visiting our embassy in Washington DC. Other methods of communication are likely to be compromised.

Yours truly,

The Shogunate of Venezuela.

High above the city streets, the Greystoke Legend sealed off his office and began working on new upgrades for the Hunter's mantle. For weeks, he was working on developing a cloaking device that would shield the suit without drawing too much power. In most cases, William's keen sense of stealth allowed him to move freely while remaining unseen. However, most of that training relied heavily upon the use of the environment. Therefore, large open spaces presented more of a challenge.

Eventually, he came up with the idea of using both primary and secondary camouflage for the suit. By ingraining fine microfibers and nanites into the suit's armor, he was able to do so. Both the primary and secondary camouflage ran on a simple concealed battery source while recharging with solar power.

The primary camouflage captured imagery from all around the suit and projected it on the other side. While making the suit completely invisible, such energy could only be sustained for roughly two hours if the user remained as still as possible. With frequent motion, the user would get a little over one hour of use due to the imagery constantly changing and the suit's processor having to adapt. In addition, more power was used by the suit masking any and all thermal signatures while the primary camouflage was engaged.

However the secondary camouflage could last over forty-eight hours at a time by simply modifying the suit's color to mimic the shades and colors of the surrounding area. Though not nearly effective as the suit's primary camouflage system, the extended power life made up for it - requiring the user to display more skill in hiding.

Suddenly, the intercom by the door was activated as one of Greystoke's security officers brought up an envoy from the Venezuelan Embassy. Pausing his work, the mantle of the Hunter was lowered back into the ground and William put the tools away. As the office was converted back to its "public" face, Greystoke summoned the envoy.

Upon taking the letter, Greystoke read it over and then looked down at the seal. He then wrote a short message of his own and gave it to the envoy. "That will be all..." he said, dismissing the messenger. After that, William activated the com at his desk and said, "Prepare a list of both production-grade merchandise and prototypes and send it to my office within the hour. I will personally make a few selections, then I want samples loaded up and readied for transport... and charter one of the company jets... We're going to Venezuela."

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hunter: [ Nice! ]

The envoy nodded and returned to the Venezuelan embassy with the note. It was priority channeled to the Venezuelan palace-fortress through a secure psychic line. There it passed from the diplomatic core into the hands of the Shogun's private army; the Orochi clan. With trademark efficacy the message was delivered to the Shogun herself within the hour.

"Good. Put the Greystroke associates on the approved guest list. I don't want any delays; we took too many losses in Tokyo." Too many concussions left her Russian accented voice a little slurred.

She placed her elbow upon the arm of her throne and rested her chin upon her fist. Jet black hair fell across her vibranium armored shoulders in a ponytail and the ritual tattoos upon the shaved sides of her heads gleamed in the harsh halogen light.

A circle of warriors and advisers surrounded her in silence, waiting as she awaited the arrival of the Greystroke Legend.

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Maverick_6

@pyrogram said:

@the_shogun: Yeah, the outliers thing is probably the most sensible idea. If it wasn't the case, Venezuela probably wouldn't even need a standard economy because there would be mutants who could give them infinite power and food through some manipulation or something. Venezuela has the potential to be ridiculous :P

@pyrogram said:

@the_shogun: When I was using the country, I just headcanon'd something like 70% of the military were either telekinesis or telepathy users, and the rest were whatever. But a mutant army used LIKE a mutant army is probably overpowered. Considering how many people here have more than one power, imagine like 50000 people with the abilities of Flash and are all master martial artists xP

Came here to buy guns. And came upon this.

That many people with those types of powers would be really damn powerful since mutants generally can have powers to do all kinds of crazy things, and don't give a damn about te conservation of energy. However, even looking at Henosha in the X-Men, it would seem that Omega levels and the like are far and a few in between, which mostly makes things more manageable.

But in general, humans and the general public have to be broken too actually, when you stop and really think about it. But they aren't because Reed Richards is useless. You have people like Iron Man, Lex Luthor and Mr. Fantastic in comics, as well as various villains, who make super high powered tech that could cure cancer and wipe out hunger. But they don't distribute it around.

Look at the Flash rouges. Barring Trickster, Captain Cold, Heatwave and Weather Wizard. All normal humans with just good tactics and tech who can give the flash, one of DC's most powerful heroes, a tough time. And well, when you put them in the battles, they actually mop the floor with the Batman rogues every time. Same goes for Spiderman rogues. Another pit them against the X-Men....

Basically, a lot of tech can allow humans to catch up to mutants, because even though they can be advanced, so can we.

Kinda the premise behind Maverick when it comes to fighting superhumans since a majority of them are humans. Though their gimmick is using military tech instead of more far fetched things (though a lot of their stuff is extremely out there) I sorta wanna see a legit arms race between mutants and humans.

Even though, that is basically what is happening now :P Just Maverick is more taking the "make a better military in general" route, and keeping it private and away from governmental militaries (unless they are put in place of a government's military.)

@the_shogun said:

@pyrogram: That was pretty awesome hehe. One of my all time favorite battles.

Its a good question. Odds are we'll discover their radio transmissions long before we discover them. In real life FTL really is impossible (and you can't travel through a wormhole either lol). Humans can't even break 2Gs of acceleration over the long term. So we'll be reading each others electronic histories over vast distances of space for hundreds, probably thousands of years before either party encounters the other in close enough proximity to have a conversation.

The odds are also pretty good that consciousness and technology are the exceptions, not the rule. The great majority of human civilizations reached a technological apex and peaked. Many collapsed. The aborigines were technologically and culturally stable for 40,000 years and probably would have continued to be so without the arrival of Europeans. I doubt we would have ever set foot on the moon without the miracle of Europe. The Arab civilizations collapsed and regressed, China had completely stagnated and the Americas were still in the stone age. A one in a billion combination of cultural pressures, intellectual schools, and geography and boom, enlightenment. A tiny fraction of human history later a man is on the moon and we're talking about it on the internet.

Europe is probably a galactic exception, not a rule. I would wager that there are thousands of civilizations spread across the galaxy that never invent the wheel, never break out of the Malthusian trap, never develop germ theory or empirical thinking. Just imagine where the world would be if the Greeks had been wiped out before they could have created the foundation to modern thought?

There's a sci-fi trope that humans are technologically primitive and the rest of the galaxy is light years ahead. The reverse is probably true. We haven't detected a single radio transmission. Not one. There is not a single sign of technological life in the entire galaxy and I would wager that's because most life doesn't become technological in the way that we have.

Unless we get killed by an asteroid or kill ourselves with climate change I think we're going to have a field day colonizing the galaxy lol.

I think there is life both more primitive and more advanced. There are some methods of communication that are rather exotic, like Neutrino based communications, and gravitational wave emissions. These both are immune to intervening manner. But it's hard for us to generate and detect these types of communications right now. There could also be lasers. Even then, some theories speculate that there have been some communications sent, but that we can't really discern it from anytthing else.

Then there is the whole "they're avoiding humans cause we're violent as hell" theory. THough, ya know, another problem is how slow the speed of light is. A lot of near by interesting planets that could support life (as we know it) are light years away. Meaning it will take years upon years to reach planets near by. And years upon years for us to recieve it assuming they reply instantly.

Hardest part about space travel I see is breaking the lightspeed barrier. Hard to say which method may or may not win out or if we can. But, I can definitely see us colonizing mars and having tech that would give a lot of aliens in our fantasies wet dreams.

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

Deep underground, William and his techs were working on something revolutionary in structural defense. Oftentimes, clients thought about the number, firepower, and overall accuracy of mounted guns around a structure. However, Greystoke Industries was pioneering in technology that would revolutionize the field - a new targeting interface. The operating system could connect to a large mainframe computer or even to a small tablet and still be used effectively.

In the underground testing site, four moving targets were activated and set in motion. Using a single M-134 rail gun as a line of defense. Special cameras were installed into the mount that provided a live feed to the interface. By simply touching the targets on screen, the cameras locked onto their signatures and tracked their movements. When the rail gun was activated, it systematically locked onto each target and eliminated them all in within seconds.

Remarkably, the target remained locked even though the targets themselves were moving. One by one, each target was eliminated efficiently and effectively. In the long run, technology such as this would save ammunition, eliminate threats more quickly, and keep military personnel safe. If several large guns were connected to a single operating system, the manpower required to defend a compound could be greatly reduced.

The application could also be applied to operations that were more "hands on" in nature. By creating link between the optic in a soldier's rifle and a small wearable interface in the helmet or glasses, soldiers would be able to locate and lock onto threats quicker and easier - even in visually harsh conditions such as dust storms or blizzards. Truth be told, the applications were endless.

"Well done." Greystoke told the techs. With that, he headed up to his office to work on things of a more personal nature. Sealing off his office, William activated a console on his desk and the room began to change. Walls turned to reveal weapons caches. As the floor space in front of the fireplace opened up, the mantle of the Hunter rose up.

Walking over to the highly advanced suit, William began to disassemble it himself and ready it for transport. Once it was packed away securely, he paged his secretary and said, "Charter one of the company jets... We are going to Spain."

News of Ziccarra's plan to break UN protocol had reached his ears. Truth be told, he never really cared for the UN in the first place. In his eyes, they had gone from being a force which actively protected the world to being nothing more than a muzzle. To him, their days of usefulness were numbered.

Truth be told, Ziccarra's initiative to heavily arm all of Spain was quite inspirational to William. Here was a leader who refused to give a damn about world politics. All that mattered was the survival of her people and the endurance of her legacy.

Without a doubt, weapons manufacturers from across the globe would be trying to bombard the Liafador Legend and it would be a race to see who would receive the majority of Spain's military contracts. In the end, those competitors would have to be taken out of the picture... one way or another.

When it came to the "big picture" of things, the opportunity of forming an alliance between the Lycan Underworld and Spain was too vital to pass up.

Avatar image for faatina_knightfall
Faatina_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@the_hunter:

“You have got to be faster if you think I will allow your magic to poison me” Ziccarra said, soaring in the air evading Maya’s would be light magic projection. “Now, you’re just being cocky!” Maya screamed, shooting another this time; allowing her dense energy to burst into a volley.

“Good!” Ziccarra screamed, pulling her Aegis shield in front of her body to protect her from the damage. “That’s all for today…” Z said, allowing herself to free-fall back towards the palace garden. The Liafador Palace remained on high alert, ever since Isis and Zeon both appeared comatose at the castle; the Spanish Prime Minister was taking no more chances with her family’s well-being.

“Looks like all the black magic that woman hit you with is gone. Who was she anyway?” Maya asked joining her mother by her side.

“She was your aunt” Ziccarra replied, taking a moment to dust herself off.

“Of…course she was” Maya replied sarcastically; moving from the garden back to the main palace. Ziccarra decided to stay, her mind burned with the wrath of a thousand queens; she wanted blood. When Isis appeared at the palace she was able to faintly make out short spurts of memory that suggest Catalina and Quintus Knightfall were the culprits.

Currently, Catalina wasn’t even on Earth; following her attack on Malaga, the young Liafador was stashed somewhere in the cosmos; to spare her from Ziccarra’s wrath. Quintus’ exact location was also a mystery, she hadn’t seen him since he brought her back from the dead; but if he was still alive…he wouldn’t be for too long.

No Caption Provided

“Majesty, we have William Greystroke here to meet with you.” A housemaid reported, alerting her to another meeting with the arms dealer. “Show him out to me at once, and go fetch my husband for me” @thee_champion

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Thee_Champion

@the_hunter: @shanana:

Beyond the Earth's reach, both Alexis, Thee Champion and his son, Leonel, the Azure Son, had come to the end of an electrifying spar. The blackness of space surrounded them as they hovered in silence, their denim blue gazes resting upon the other's sight, ignoring the starry background, and the Earth and the moon that orbited nearby. Leonel was one of the few individuals capable of truly pushing Alexis to his limits, and the same applied to Alexis with Leonel. It was not a question of whether or not a sparring partner could withstand their seemingly endless destructive capacity or contend with their world-breaking strength. It was a question of being able to use one's dexterity in the innovative application of their powers, and above all else... time perception.

Both New Gods moved at virtually the speed of light. As a result, their visual perception and ability to process the physical information from photons was too performed at that same remarkable speed. Whereas most individuals only saw at 60 frames per seconds due to the delay in their brain's processing of the visual information from light, and were restricted to seeing what the world was milliseconds ago, Alexis and Leonel were completely different. They were closer to reality than anyone else. They saw the abrupt quantum events and abrupt behavior of subatomic and elementary particles that occurred only for split seconds before vanishing. They could see that which modern science did not even have instruments for. It was the foundation of their genius. They saw bits of reality lost to the majority of individuals.

They understood reality with greater intimacy. And it was when no longer pulling their punches, they were nearly impossible to keep up with. Because the difference between a nanosecond and a second was the same difference between a second and 31 years and 7 months. Even those blessed with superhuman speed often failed to contend. Because if they were even a second slower, there was no chance. Fortunately, Alexis had Leonel and Ziccarra. Following their spar, the son darted off deeper into the cosmos to indulge in his wanderlust, while the father descended from the gelid encompassment of outer space. Arms were folded before his chest as he was swallowed back into the Earth's atmosphere. His red cape fluttered in the wind and soon the soles of his crimson boots gently touched the ground before the Liafador Palace doors.

Thee Champion
Thee Champion

His form-fitting, semi-armored blue attire hugged his powerful, Greek god frame with intimacy as his arrival was immediately met by a housemaid relaying his wife, Ziccarra's desire to have him with her for her impending meeting with William Greystroke, the arms dealer. 6 feet and 7 inches tall, built to proportions that dwarfed even the legendary Hercules' perfect frame, and with chiseled, archangelic features, Alexis oozed a commanding presence as his footsteps carried him to the gardens where his spouse sat. His was an aura that dripped with majestic gravitas, and above all else, power. "Hi babe", his voice's charismatic bass began, a gentle smile adorning his features as he approached from behind, planting a doting kiss on her cheek before seating himself to her right. "This feels like it'll be a promising arrangement", he remarked, waiting for the Greystroke's arrival. It had been an emotional rollercoaster of a week following Isis' severe condition and the culprits behind it. He hoped this would be the first bit of good news in a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-6030568ceeb29
deactivated-6030568ceeb29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion: @shanana:

Madrid

In the world of business (especially in regards to weapons contracting), one must always stay ahead of their competition. Thus, by merely being granted an audience with the heads of the Liafador/Pettis dynasty gave William Greystoke and Greystoke Industries a favorable advantage to his competition.

As he waited in the atrium of the magnificent Liafador Palace, William walked along the walls and observed the rare art which hung from them. However, as he admired each piece of finely-painted canvas, his mind was really focused on delivering the proper presentation.

"They will see you now." said one of the servants.

William then straightened his tie, buttoned his jacket, readjusted his cuff-links, picked up the case which he brought along, then followed the servant to the gardens where the meeting was to take place. "Your Graces," he said, slightly bowing to the Spanish royalty which sat before him. "Thank you for agreeing to meet this afternoon."

Greystoke then unbuttoned his jacket and took a seat across from both Ziccarra and Alexis. "Shall we get down to business?" he said. Placing the briefcase on the table before him, William's fingers drifted near the fingerprint scanner to open it, but then drifted away as he chose to keep the case closed. "So tell me," he began. "What are you biggest needs in the kingdom right now?"

(Sorry for the delay, got really busy @ work & stuff.)