Greatest Achievement As An RPGer/Writer?

• 49 results
X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now I don't know if this has been done before and I'm going to look like a total dope if it has, but I'll take my chances.

So what's your greatest achievement? It can be interaction and or battle you had, team/family you created that you are/was part of, a character you made, a location, the moment you realized you were a great writer, etc. And if it's impossible to name one particular thing [which I'm pretty sure it is], list multiple things if you want.

Avatar image for quintus_knightfall
Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greatest achievement;

staying relevant (more or less) for over a decade

Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta think on this one

Avatar image for deactivated-642516d22f522
deactivated-642516d22f522

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spencer_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um, honestly I don't know. I think my growth on this site would be my biggest achievement on this site, I dunno if I've done something noteworthy yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My greatest achievement is when someones says I can't and then I do

Alistair__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My greatest achievement is when I make an alt an no one knows it is me

Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My greatest accomplishment is creating a universe within a universe that was able to encompass so many different people, characters and story arcs. But that's just the CVnU 😌

Avatar image for kurugari_uchiha
Kurugari_Uchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I'm glad with my accomplishments with Alex and the rest of the Speed Force, I felt I did it in a cool way.

Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galatea_: And I came to check to see what you posted only to see that GIF. *LOL*

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galatea_: And I came to check to see what you posted only to see that GIF. *LOL*

That's the secret, my greatest achievement is not having one after all my time here.

;)

Kurugari_Uchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galatea_: *Gives you the achievement of "The player with the most Anime looks" ~_^

There, now you have an Achievement. Hehe

Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galatea_: *Gives you the achievement of "The player with the most Anime looks" ~_^

There, now you have an Achievement. Hehe

Idk I think Red Jay might be beating me there lmao!

Salvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Salvadore

Deadass been here for 1 1/2 years and I still got nun -_^

Edit: Just saw the post above, I take what I said back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galatea_: Then you get the Achievement of being the first one. Hehe. ^_^

Kurugari_Uchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kurugari_Uchiha

I actually wonder who has the most anime looks rn *LOL* I think Will's beatin everyone except maybe Galatea.

Salvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurugari_uchiha: It’d be easier to know how many alts she has then go from there, but for now I’ll say it’s a draw.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a noob, actually managed to organically get an anime look over with the cool kids--including the most notorious anime hater in the history of everything.

Quality over quantity, plebs.
Quality over quantity, plebs.
Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurugari_uchiha: It’d be easier to know how many alts she has then go from there, but for now I’ll say it’s a draw.

Contingency has over a thousand

Galatea 800ish

Cara Hunter a hundredish

Ezra's like 500

Oraculi 700ish

Give or take a few dozen.

Some aren't anime images but most are.

Salvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah! My very first week on here with my very first official alt (Knighthunter, I had no idea I was copying another users username at the time - which is why I now refrain from using that account), I decided to apply for Paragon’s JLA and made it in (not that I expected any of the current members to reject my request). There, that alone set the stage for me to write my first ever role play post, ever, not just on CV - in the quite the high stakes event environment as well. Luckily enough, I was able to keep up with great writers like Shield-Maiden, Paragon, Mister Surreal and Blubber with a quality of post that didn’t make me look completely terrible.

With my KH account, my greatest achievement was setting a standard of quality for myself right off the bat, first weeks in.

With my soon to be main account at the time, Red Jay, I was utter shit. But for the duration I used that account, my greatest achievement would be making several rule breaking mistakes and being able to learn from them to avoid them.

Salvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galatea_: We were talking anime looked overall, throughout our entire time on the CV? Oh you got me beat there then.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cutting_Edge

I guess Surreal is my biggest achievement. Having the opportunity to interact with so many people that seemed interested, and having a good amount of foot traffic in the Sanctum. He also has ties to a good number of characters like Paragon’s Zephyr character, Shield-Maiden, Alex West, Maya Liafador and even Juno. So that’s cool.

Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Galatea_

@salvadore said:

@galatea_: We were talking anime looked overall, throughout our entire time on the CV? Oh you got me beat there then.

Ohhh I think it might be even then

For alts

I have used

1. Mashu (Fate/Grand Order)
  2. Asuna (Sword Art Online)
  3. Zero-Two (Darling in the Fraanx)
  4. Quinella (SAO)
  5. Edeglard (Fire Emblem)
  6. Anya (Code Geas)
  7. Mei Ahara/Hyori (Citrus/Norgami)
  8. Nobu (Fate Grand Order)
  9. Sinon (SAO)
  10. Sakura (Looooong time ago but from Naruto)
  11. Megumin (Kono)
  12. Mary (Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash)
  13. Mordred (Fate Apocrypa)
  14. Alice Zuberg (SAO)
  15. Eto Yoshimura (Tokyo Ghoul)
  16. Atalanta (Fate Apocrypha)
  17. Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
  18. And Ryuko that Kill la Kill girl.

Nouveau-Riche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Galatea_

@nouveau-riche said:

@galatea_: I’m guessing you like SAO 🤔

Yeah but honestly it has easily the most art and gifs for female anime girls.

(On par with the Fate series)

Nouveau-Riche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galatea_: Agree, I was thinking about using Kirito as a look but held myself back before my alt making frenzy gets even worse.

Never finished the show though, not yet anyways.

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWesternTrailofGold & Lead [Closed RP]

Although we never finished it, this game was epic! It took over a year to write with so many plot twists. From simple Indians to Fishmen and even a Kraken, we traveled on for treasure!

Superstay if you are around, Thanks!!!

Nico_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was told that I was more awesome than @backstabber . I still tear up whenever Im told that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah! My very first week on here with my very first official alt (Knighthunter, I had no idea I was copying another users username at the time - which is why I now refrain from using that account), I decided to apply for Paragon’s JLA and made it in (not that I expected any of the current members to reject my request). There, that alone set the stage for me to write my first ever role play post, ever, not just on CV - in the quite the high stakes event environment as well. Luckily enough, I was able to keep up with great writers like Shield-Maiden, Paragon, Mister Surreal and Blubber with a quality of post that didn’t make me look completely terrible.

With my KH account, my greatest achievement was setting a standard of quality for myself right off the bat, first weeks in.

With my soon to be main account at the time, Red Jay, I was utter shit. But for the duration I used that account, my greatest achievement would be making several rule breaking mistakes and being able to learn from them to avoid them.

*High Fives* I'm happy to have given you the opportunity to shine like you did and you still are. ^_^

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I think in addition to what I've already said being able to write with people from different "generations" so to speak. I got to write with Gambler and Nova, saw the introductions of Mercy, Surkit Zaubs, Impero, Nordok etc, all the way to Lamar, Red Jay and Paragon, CE and others. I think that is a great achievement in itself.

Old_Glory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The little threads I made, seeing them used tbh. Locale Anon, Coming Attractions, rpg writing tools thread although it only gets bumped on occasion.

I had a ball with Animus Newcastle, sticking with him and his family line was probably my greatest rpger achievement.I think my greatest achievement as a writer was probably my plot twist arc with Surkit and Flucks tho. Didnt play out how I would have liked due to the universes being rebooted but I managed to squeeze it out before the reset.

@shanana said:

I think in addition to what I've already said being able to write with people from different "generations" so to speak. I got to write with Gambler and Nova, saw the introductions of Mercy, Surkit Zaubs, Impero, Nordok etc, all the way to Lamar, Red Jay and Paragon, CE and others. I think that is a great achievement in itself.

You're dope. RPG relationship development is fun because the relationship ends up growing along side a real one, you become friends with people you never even stood in a room with but fought mechs and an army of mutants with. shit makes no sense but it plays.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was my finest hour? There are a lot of moments I could point at. In retrospect my RPG career was more than I had thought it would be. Even in moments in which I am given to self-criticism I am not disappointed. That is not to say it was all it could have been; I could have done better-- been more disciplined with my chosen style, been less given to flights of creative fancy and restrained my worst instincts. But for all that my career went well enough that I can be proud of it in retrospect.

Still, I do not know if I would rate any of those times in which my star shined brightest on CV as my finest hour. If I am to be totally honest, I cannot claim any of the moments that one might look back on and say were my greatest accomplishments as my accomplishments. When you have something here you have it at the grace of the community. Not that such concerns ever paused my self-aggrandizement for a heartbeat when I was active. But I can now say in all honesty that the things I 'achieved' I almost always achieved because others let me or helped me because that is how RPG works.

Were I to single out a moment where the achievement was all mine it would have to be periods when I realized, in the privacy of my own mind, that I was doing something wrong and stopped. To this day I remember a battle with Impero in which Kratesis fired blackhole generating arrows at him. It dawned on me then that I had lost the plot. Jumped the shark, you might say. I thought about it, I tried other things, made other mistakes and came out of it with a vastly improved (if vague) idea of what was good.

I would say that these inner realizations were my greatest accomplishments. Which of them was the greatest, I could not now say. But among them my finest hour surely dwells.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kasumi_Uchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from what I already stated about people saying "you can't" and then accomplishing exactly what they said I couldn't do, I'd say my greatest achievements as a role-player is this:

I'm in this to have fun. That is my #1 priority. I'm not in this to create the best character, the best character arc, create the best villain, create the most legendary Role-Play, the best story, the best event, be a "Hall of Fame Role-Player", to be the best battler or the best anything. My reason for Role-Playing has always been to escape reality and have fun Role-Playing. If I wanted to accomplish anything more, I would. Role-Playing is a hobby, nothing more. I'm not in this for anything else.

Aside from that, I believe I've accomplished a lot by helping others. To let them shine as Role-Players and even give them a shot to start their own stories and RP with other people. Most tend to forget I've been at this for a long time, not just on CV. I like to RP with just about anyone. I like putting the spotlight on their characters and making them look good. And here on CV, I feel right at home because we're supposed to do that and that is awesome! So even if the Role-Players I've helped go off and do other things and we don't interact much, it doesn't matter. The fact I've helped them is good enough and it does me proud to see them shine even if I played only the smallest part in their growth.

Kasumi_Uchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from what I already stated about people saying "you can't" and then accomplishing exactly what they said I couldn't do, I'd say my greatest achievements as a role-player is this:

I'm in this to have fun. That is my #1 priority. I'm not in this to create the best character, the best character arc, create the best villain, create the most legendary Role-Play, the best story, the best event, be a "Hall of Fame Role-Player", to be the best battler or the best anything. My reason for Role-Playing has always been to escape reality and have fun Role-Playing. If I wanted to accomplish anything more, I would. Role-Playing is a hobby, nothing more. I'm not in this for anything else.

Aside from that, I believe I've accomplished a lot by helping others. To let them shine as Role-Players and even give them a shot to start their own stories and RP with other people. Most tend to forget I've been at this for a long time, not just on CV. I like to RP with just about anyone. I like putting the spotlight on their characters and making them look good. And here on CV, I feel right at home because we're supposed to do that and that is awesome! So even if the Role-Players I've helped go off and do other things and we don't interact much, it doesn't matter. The fact I've helped them is good enough and it does me proud to see them shine even if I played only the smallest part in their growth.

This is the truest thing ever.

You're a beautiful RPGer Miss P and I really want you to know that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasumi_misuti: Aww, that's kind of you say Lamar, but you have come a LONG way and grown a lot in your writing. I'm proud of how far you've come. ^_^

Avatar image for theodore_crawly
Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Theodore_Crawly

@ultra-woman: I will have to agree with Lamar. You are like the nicest person on the board. Im afraid of Sha. You are are like sure and down for anything, but in a nice way. No villain in you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly:

Are sure you about that?

Hehe, kidding. Thanks, Ozzy, I appreciate the kind words. ^_^
Hehe, kidding. Thanks, Ozzy, I appreciate the kind words. ^_^

Kasumi_Uchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasumi_misuti: Aww, that's kind of you say Lamar, but you have come a LONG way and grown a lot in your writing. I'm proud of how far you've come. ^_^

Thank you so much

Kasumi_Uchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you so much

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

You cool kids probably never heard of it (or me for that matter) but a decade ago I wrote "Whatever happened to the last nighthunter?" on this site.

It was a love letter to both my Nighthunter character and the rpg side of the vine. It was the biggest and most innovative thing I did here and by far the best thing I have ever written.

I just re-read it and got both excited again and proud of the fact that most of the big names of the vine at the time gave me authorization to write their characters.

I didn´t know it at the time but it was my goodbye to writing on the site and I couldn´t think of a better way to say goodbye

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Winning fanfic of the month almost a decade ago was amazing

Making the awesome friend I have here as a rpger

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Talking about living legend! How are you DC?

Fortune_Lasada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunter: at the moment not too bad. Been a crazy month though lot happen.