Gothic City [CVnU Location]

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@m-treacle: @knightshadow:

Their suits were designed to resist multiple forms of attacks, including electricity, that combined with their enhanced physiology, they didn't seem to notice but actually noted it awaiting a followup. One of them cursed under his breath as he noticed it had fried the device. A shout from one of them warned the others to leap out of the way as the turrets attempted to hit them. It was for reasons like this that only Blue Bloods were called in on this mission, they could dodge bullets so they could dodge things like that. They spread out weapons at the ready two of them throwing emp's at the turrets while the other two charged forwards to slip through the crack using their combined enhanced strength to try and pry it open a little extra. Shadow nodded to them a bow appearing a katana appearing in her hand as she turned around to face the inevitably coming three. From the start they began sending anti power waves towards any halls/paths and possible hidden entrances that would essentially blow away powers based or mattering on a persons physiology. Even for a normal person this was vaguely weakening.

The fake Red Mask and his four Blue Bloods stopped a ways out one of them drawing a sniper rifle and the other a rocket launcher. Red mask and the other two kept going forwards on foot at a run weapons ready.

m-treacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malcom's eyes flared violet/red as his arms swept around him, his fingers dancing and arcing as he woofed and warped several spells together at once, tightening both his physical and aetherial core to embrace the strain.

A circular wall mingling violet and blue energies swirled to life around him, fields of magical force that would repel any attacks made my physical, astral, or mental means. His minds eye lept from his forehead and searched out his target, locating Shadow quickly his fingers and willpower summoned the spell of almushtaeilat minha huywiatuha. This "Omni Directional Luminescence" spell would effectively light up each cell in her body like a seventy watt light bulb. As he'd found out to their misfortune earlier tonight, it also rendered anyone it was cast on blind. At least those who's sight was based on reflection off of the back of the eyeball at any rate.

Lastly, he seized the mind of the Blue Blood with the most forceful thoughts. He neither had the time nor inclination to search for a single piece of information, especially not from a mind so well defended. Malcolm simply targeted the area where the information about how they were tracked would be and using the much greater strength of his mind and tore it out. The Blue Blood would be in pain, possibly not functional for awhile, and might not be able to recall the information the Wizard had just taken, but he'd live. If that wasn't enough for the Bat themed vigilante, the man would have to learn to compromise as well as Malcolm and Brimstone were.

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stone was about to sling the grapnel weapon over his shoulder, in case it might find some use later. He certainly wasn't going to use it in the fight. Knightshadow might know how to use it offensively but he didn't. Not that he had any major urge to try, still...every advantage was a good advantage. Right now though, considering the limited surroundings they were in, a plan for the thing did come to mind.

With a set of blinks he turned on all the stealth systems on the No Suit then skirting around Treacle, and where he the distance the Mage had indicated his shields would be at, Stone took up a position to the left of the two sets of Sally Port like doorways facing the direction the enemy would be coming from. He hooked one high tensile steel line, through a hard point loop in the "trunks" of his armor and hooked a magnetic grapple onto it, and shot it into the ceiling, then hoisted himself up. and then tied himself off with a quick release knot. He shouldered the SABR laser rifle and kicked himself in a spin to invert himself, feet flat on the ceiling. He pressed his shoulders to wall abutting the room Treacle was in, and faced the direction through which Red Mask's people would have to pass, but up out of the line of sight.

He was now invisible to all forms of surveillance and would have the element of surprise. Not the greatest advantages in the world, but every advantage was a good advantage after all. He knew Treacle was about to bring some heat, and he assumed Knightshadow would at least be hard core about defending his own base.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m-treacle: @k_brimstone: @knightshadow:

"Goshdarnit I am beginning to despise that man." Shadow hissed about Treacle as she was blinded and felt essentially like she was burning, "We have a magic user." She stated grabbing several of the anti mage devices from the Men In Red. She could already detect anything in shadow so it didn't fully negate her powers, although it certainly did her phasing and teleportation.

She heard one of them suddenly growl as he dropped to his knees. Because of the enhancement he had a resistance to pain, but not confusion, and a sudden knowledge that you couldn't remember something brought about confusion, "...I'm missing something..." He stated not moving yet.

"Crap." She said. Because she could see Brimstone's internal darkness, and could no longer see at all physically, she didn't realize that he was invisible, but she did see him. However she couldn't warn the others. She drew the bow and ran towards where she knew they were drawing the gas arrow preparing to fire it in their midst once they were within range. The other Men in Red held their anti mage devices ready as well as their Shock guns and anti power wave gauntlets. They moved in a pattern that was rather similar to military. They were prepared to fire their advanced guns at any of the three targets they saw

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_ford: @k_brimstone: @m-treacle:

Bulloney,” Knightshadow muttered under his breath as he saw the six of Red Mask's men dodge his bullets. The turrets would be fine since they were EMP hardened.

Okay, then, I’ve been handling these men like normal crooks, I need to let loose.

Quantum, make an EXO suit as fast as you can,” Knightshadow ordered quickly, “with a few extras if you know what I mean.”

Yes, sir,” Quantum responded, “I’ll use the bunker’s workshop to form one sir with your nanites. I might, MIGHT have enough tech to do so.

Whatever, just get it done.

Also, their gauntlets are emitting a unknown form of energy, and it seems to weakens one’s powers. Also, more hostiles are coming. That’s all I got for now. Will get more information.

Noted.

Then, contacting his allies, Knightshadow said: “Kyle, Shadow and more men are coming in. Cover me, ‘cause I’m gonna grab Treacle. Also, I’m gonna run Red Mask’s men over at the same time.

Turning back to the battle at hand, Knightshadow had a plan. He programmed his car, Knight-Mobile MK 2, to run Red Mask’s men over except for Shadow. He knew that their insane durability, and healing factor would protect them, but that wasn’t the point. He would run over the group, and keep his car on top of all of them. This would keep them trapped under the several thousand pounds of titanium. He doubted the would dodge this, since he would activate its afterburner. Also, the car would fire several more of those Glue-Bullets at the soldiers if the group attempted to dodge the attack, especially at Shadow.

The problem was Treacle was with one of Red Mask’s men, trying to extract information, and could get hit. Enacting a plan, Knightshadow ejected from the ground next to Treacle, since he was underground the whole time. He grabbed Treacle, and the man he was mind reading. Using all of his enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, and agility, he would grab them , and pull them into another room of the bunker, and shut the blast doors behind them. They reason he wasn’t affected by the anti-power ray’s earlier was because he was underground, and, while grabbing Treacle, was only briefly affected by it.

If Red Mask’s men avoided both of the attacks, they could possibly shoot him, especially Shadow because he wasn’t going to run her over. Also, the anti-power thing would slow him down, but it was highly-unlikely. Also, when he and Treacle would be behind the blast doors he would be safe from most of their attacks.

_Gaige_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look almost anywhere in the city and you'll find someone who's seen some of the worst the world has to offer. There's still a lingering disgusting smell of chemical agents and the smell of charred flesh is hard to identify as new or old. The sounds of construction are just as prevalant as ever, are they working on the places bombed from space or maybe from the tanks that tried to patrol the streets. Sirens of emergency vehicles still echo about, some drag away victims some the criminals and it isn't uncommon the two get confused. Good people want to clean this city up and the effort shows but change doesn't come easy.

The gamer was just one of many troubled youth to be returned to the kingdom of despair. It was hard for anyone from Gothic to move away, their jobs didn't pay much to begin with and then came bosses skimming and coworkers scamming all to stay afloat in a region where everything's values dropped. Was hard enough to get by let alone have what was needed to move. Like many Lizzy returned to Gothic with nowhere to really go or at least so many thought. The sound of buzzing machines wouldn't be heard clearly for a few weeks but eventually it'd ring out amongst all the other city noise.

Fortune favored the diva and on the bus ride back to gothic one of her fans told her of her idols old hideout. Sarah Mania, she was a depressing sort subject of flawed institutions like so many others. Get her mood to snap however and you had an alluring mechanic of mayhem. Lizzy still remembered when the manic came to the Children of the Damned HQ and fought with the armored beauty Lioness. The tech they had in play practically had the gear head salivating. Upon return to the ravaged town against the wishes of family and friends Lizzy disappeared. Taking off into a cave forgotten leading to a sewer drain nobody cared for and leading to a makeshift hideout of technological wizardry.

And from within this den of damaged tech Lizzy became more studious then any course could muster. Books meant little for her but reconstructing and breaking down things taught the techno savat so well. Of course the mechanic hoped the shit of Gothic would come her way. As lazy often times as she was lethal Gaige hoped to begin her career as a hero by chance over labor. It'd been sometime after her return but finally the tinkering came to an end. Clad in a navy blue body suit Lizzy sat atop a large pink machine making the last set of turns of a series of gears.

(<.< not my best but had some time)

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightshadow:

Gonna wait for brimstone

dangit, I was gonna wait for YOU. Ah well, I guess it is my turn. I'll post soonish.

We_must_evolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_brimstone: Oops.

Well that explains why you were taking so long, you were waiting for me, and I was waiting for you.

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By knightshadow
The_Lightning_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_ford

Through the shadows of Gothic City, a somehow darker presence stalked about keeping to its home. The hooded figure traversed the maze of steel and glass using an indescribable instinct held by only a few. A full durasteel faceplate concealed his face further from any identification. A symphony of sirens and gunshots rang out through the city. The smell of sewage and toppled over trash would have made the Captain sick if he hadn't traveled to Dathomir and spent a few days in a Rancor nest. Gothic City was a wasteland full of the worst people the planet had to offer. How much war plagued the city was a mystery to Isaac however he was here to find a very particular person.

A pair of mercenaries stood by a large abandoned building with the walls falling apart. They wore body armor under their street clothes and held large weapons; archaic assault rifles by the looks of it. Both men stared at the approaching darkness with their weapons fixed on him. They did not frighten him in the least. Not as much as the Rancors did anyway. Isaac's living armor braced itself for Isaac to speak. They shared a psychic connection which made things easier for the Captain depending on his needs for the moment.

"I'm looking for the Red Mask. Would either of you be able to help me with that?" His voice was muffled through the faceplate but quickly followed his words with a loud mechanical hiss."

"Who are you?"

"I'm looking for the Red Mask."

"So are a lot of other people now tell us who you are?!" One of the men screamed his order at Isaac while both removed the safety from their weapons which remained on Isaac. These situations always seemed to go south when he needed something simple. The Captain was a vampire and didn't need the force to solve this problem, however, it would make things much easier though and in this specific case, it would prove necessary.

"Let's try this again."

Isaac's left hand flew up and flicked to the left. Both men's guns were torn from their fingers and slammed into a nearby dumpster fire. The duo was caught by surprise and before they managed to pull out their side arms, Isaac's hand turned into a fist unleashing another violent effect of the force on one victim before using it on another. This time it was a plague. Excruciating pain possessed Isaac's victim's body and mind. An unseen toxin, moved through his veins burning every inch of his blood and devouring his muscles. The poor man collapsed to his hands and knees trying to tear out his innards.

The other felt Isaac's wrath when he turned his fingers into pincers. The force coiled around the other man's throat quickly tightening around his larynx. The Captain watched his victim struggle and try to pull remove his invisible attacker while his the veins in his eyes erupted into a crimson mess. A full meter above the ground with kicking dangling feet, Isaac removed his hood and spoke again while his victim crumpled to the ground. He gasped for air, coughing uncontrollably.

"So, where is-"

"I'll get him for you, just make it stop, please!" the plague victim screamed at Isaac completely ignoring the stream of tears running down his own face. The pain was far too intense for Isaac's victim who gave in. He was willing to do anything for sweet relief. Isaac slightly opened his hand just enough to release part of the plague.

"Find him for me and I'll remove the rest of it. Take your friend with you. He may need medical attention."

Both men ran off in absolute terror searching for the Red Mask. Isaac simply waited.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lightning_:

(Note for the future, these people are ex military and fight battles on a regular basis, they're usually in groups of three or more with snipers in the distance, and Blue Bloods may accompany them, they utlize target locking acid if an opponent is to troublesome. And they use invisibility cloaks and sound dampening so to avoid detection.)

Red Mask was not happy about someone doing that sort of stuff, but this would be a good time to prove a point to the man. They had been good soldiers thus far, as most of the Ghost Crew were incredibly loyal anyway, so he opted to give them thw Blue Blood drug. Something that was not only essentially a super steroid but allowed them to deconstruct bad materials and reconstruct them for healing, as well as pain ressistance and numerous other advantages.

He returned, though not from inside the building or anywhere nearby. He came by on one of his advanced motorbikes and the two came back, now enhanced, from the direction they had left to. Since Jason never made tracking him to easy they never got to him directly.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that next time," Jason said casually stopping the motorbike near him as the other two came back and stood waiting, "These men aren't exactly expendable and it's bad for morale." Unlike some Red Mask managed to get his Crew to actually be quite loyal to him, incredibly so in fact, and he wanted to keep it that way.

The_Lightning_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_ford:

Isaac heard the Red Mask speak to him and spun around to face his contact. Both men appeared to be in better condition than they were when he'd left them. Upon hearing the brief explanation he apologized to the two. While his voice may have sounded harsh through the durasteel, He hoped they bore no ill-will towards him and could feel his sincerity. Red Mask's bike was quite advanced and far easier on the eye than the bikes from his universe. The captain made his way to meet the Mask and extended his hand; not at all surprised by the night and day change between the man he met in the club and the man whom he stood before now.

"Forgive me. I didn't see anything indicating they were your men and they didn't know about me either. I assumed you would have told them a masked man would be looking for you. But no matter, I apologize for the transgression."

The captain's faceplate melted down to simply cover his mouth and release air with a mechanical hiss. His neatly brushed hair hung down his back and rested in the hood of his cloak. Orange light reflected off his armor as did the passing emergency vehicle lights. Keeping his hands in his pockets, Isaac continued taking in everything he witnessed for a proper survey of the land.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lightning_:

Red Mask shook his hand, "Well, with so many masked men around, especially in Gothic, I couldn't risk it. Enough of them will get to know who you are and that you're with us that it won't be a problem soon."

"As to the matter you needed, it's being organized but hasn't yet hit the searching stage. I'm a bit busy so things are slow, but still moving." He stated, "And for the job, you'll be receiving money annually from one of the Ghost Crew. They'll be invisible when they reach you, and on the way back as well. And the money won't be being tracked so don't worry about that, I'm too careful for that sort of thing to work."

He turned his head looking around and gestured at the two who were now Blue Bloods for them to set off into distance and keep lookout. They nodded and sped off turning invisible as they went. "We still have that problem with the Soldier. I'm thinking of ways to try and more permanently get rid of him, dead or not."

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even as events transpired between the Red Mask imitator and his allies against Kyle Brimstone, M Treacle, and Knightshadow. Ghost Crew worked with the mercenary El Cid, there for if things turned sour, using target locking acid and special bio-matter to start digging into the ground in Gothic city bay. They were making invisible tunnels deep beneath the sewers and any other underground facilities and the like of Gothic. With the combinement of the acid, the special bio-matter, and their advanced technology, they would seem to not exist. They all wore the Ghost Crew cloaks that were activated to prevent their detection. And they were all working fast and hard to begin the tunnels that would be Red Masks base. There would be no seismic events because the acid simply ate away the dirt and such that were in their way, allowing them to use the special bio-matter to form the walls and the hidden doorway into the bay.

This would just be the start.

Near the edges of Gothic there were also Blue Bloods in disguise that were making deals with any drug or weapon dealers to share in profit in return for protection and not getting killed by Red Mask. Jason was forming his criminal empire stronger than before. It was simply a matter of time before he had the underworld of Gothic in his palms. A perfect union of security from Red Mask and money from drug and weapons dealers.

m-treacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Malcolm saw the behemoth of vehicle crashing down the confines of the hallway toward Red Masks henchmen and the glowing Shadow, muzzles flashing and adhesive rounds flaring as they hit home. Reflexively the Wizard strengthened all of his Physical Barrier spell to the front, leaving his back unprotected, which allowed Knightshadow to pop out of the floor and manhandle him downwards and into the vigilantes hideaway. Fortunately, breaking eye contact did not cause this active spells to fall. He only needed line of sight to cast a spell, not maintain one.

As soon as he was able, he jerked himself from Knightshadow's grasp and willed two other spells into existence, fueling them with the mana of his own Aura though barely even raising a sweat. Using the Omnidirectional Luminescent spell he'd cast on Shadow as a locator, he cast albasar albaeid, a spell that let him see what was transpiring in the rooms above where he had just been. Where Brimstone still was, though he had no hope of actually being able to see his partner, he could still see the enemy reacting to him. He then cast The Striking Aspect of Kukulkan spell upon himself, quadrupling his own speed and reactions to the point where the world around him seemed to move in nearly slow motion. When he turned to the bat suited vigilante he had to slow down his own speech.

"Brimstone is up there alone," He noted without any particular urgency, "As he said, this is your lair. How do you wish to proceed?"

((Sorry, this took so long. Seriously though, I need to know how Red Mask's people react to Knightfall's attack before I know what Stone will do.)

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightshadow: @m-treacle:

Although they managed to dodge the bullets they couldn't dodge the car in this small of a space. Well not all of them. One of them managed to jump over the car and had to just keep out of the way of the bullets. Shadow had another plan. She activated one of the anti-mage devices she took off one of the Men in Red that would discombobulate and dispell magic within a certain perimeter allowing her to phase through the incoming glue bullets. The device would last around ten minutes, less depending on how many times and how strong the spells were Treacle used. That's why she had more than one on her. Now able to teleport she used that to teleport behind Brimstone in shadow form attempting to roll several grenades around him.

Mage combat devices:

Sage combat: Simply speaking their defense against magic. By a design worked on by their best minds they finally created a quick "short circuit" for magic. This dispells and discombobulates magic. However these are very short term, 10 minutes at the best, and those who summon magic via mutation or natural attributes will get them back faster than one who uses spells or items. They also aren't reusable, and burn to a crisp once used. The size of a wallet

Meanwhile the fake Red Mask and the other two Blue Bloods arrived. This time wielding target locking acid canisters. The two Blue Bloods each threw one of the canisters at the turrets designed to eat any petroleum, polymer, or metal product. Meanwhile the Red Mask brought out another set to eat away at the materials the car might be made of (Vibranium, aethrium, nth, adamantium, iron, and copper were all in its settings). While also spraying some into the air set to eat at the glue so it couldn't spread over them. He would then have the other two blue bloods try and help the trapped men in red. With the combined strength of five Blue Bloods, ten tons of lifting power, it should be easy enough to flip the car upside down.

This was an invasion and a rescue mission. And Red Mask would not take it lightly.

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stone's brain tracked the myriad of things going on much like a combat computer and began acting in response as quickly as they were analyzed. He felt movement behind him against the wall...no through the wall, and realized he couldn't see Shadow anymore, and heard three objects clatter to the floor below him. Nothing he could do about that, time to shoot before they went off and hope the armor would help him survive them.

The Blue Bloods were using that Miracle Acid stuff to melt away parts of the Knightmobile and were starting to climb out from under it, but weren't free yet. He'd been wondering for awhile why they all seemed to never be effected by the stuff. It was time to test the theory. If they were killed by their own acid, Knightshadow couldn't really bitch, right? He thought to himself as he thumbed the preset, to turn the lazer into cone of super heated light. It wouldn't cut through anything nearly like the tight beam would, but it would cover much more area and still melt most softer metals instantly.

He turned the ten inch diameter beam on the Blue Bloods, sweeping it over their forms individually melting away the top layer of their protective armor, to include their stealth stealth coating, and...hopefully...whatever coating was protecting them from their own acid. The five Men in Red/Blue Bloods had a good 50-75% of surface of their bodies thoroughly scorched. Much to his surprise, the grenades seemingly didn't go off.

The stealth systems of the No Suit still working fine, he unclipped from the grapple line, he rolled in the air, landed lightly (though not as silently as he'd wished), and padded softly around the corner into the Lab/Prison Room while reslinging the SABR and bringing the NANTech weapon up to bear.

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_brimstone: @jason_ford: @m-treacle: (OOC: Sorry I'm late. Yesterday was not my day.)

Time to up the ante.

"Is that suit ready? I need it now!" Knightshadow said as he typed in commands into his holographic interface on his gauntlet.

The commands made the Knightmobile MK 2 fire several magnetic grappling hooks onto the ground not allowing it to be picked up by the Blue Bloods. Then, he made it do something he had never considered doing in a while but he had to. He couldn't think of anything else to do with it, so he went to his original plan.

"Quantum, I asked a question is it ready?"

"Yes, sir. I was just waiting for you to be finished with your current task."

"Then, let's do it."

Suddenly, up out of the floor near Treacle and Knightshadow came a huge pod that was black and read.

"I always wanted something like this. I just didn't have the time to make one."

He then put on his half concocted suit. It then attached itself to him. It had all of his original gadgets with a few upgrades, and it increased his speed and strength. It's durability wasn't as strong as his normal suit, since he didn't have any alloy to make it, but it would do It was made of titanium-graphene alloy with nanites that would slowly replicate and repair it if it got damaged. Knightshadow expected some bumps in the road with this new prototype, but he had no other choice.

He then said to Treacle: "You ready to kick some ash?"

Not even waiting for an answer, he opened the doors with brute strength, a scare tactic to show he was now stronger and better than ever.

No Caption Provided

"Now, I'm only going to say this once you sons of b****es," said The Knight of Fear, The Bane of Criminals, The Knight of Shadows said with rage.

No Caption Provided

"Get the heck out of my bunker."

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_brimstone: @knightshadow:

The men in red wore a special armor that combated tempurature attacks. Nevertheless it didn't cover their entire bodies and their heads and necks, as well as some of their wrists, were scorched. However the acid in the air was not set to eat the kind of armor and gear they wore so did no harm for them. It did however get at some of the more Blue Bloods with Ghost Crew gear. The burning managed to get through their armor burning them severely. If it wasn't for their healing capabilities they'd have been in serious danger of infection and death if it didn't cause them to stop in their tracks from the pain. It was fortunate they had both the super healing and immense ressistance to pain. However it did melt away much of their armor and damage their weapons.

Shadow on the other hand teleported to the room with treacle still with the anti-mage device activated and another ready to set off. She quickly drew a katana out of shadow and attempted to sever his limbs from his body with proffesional movements while teleporting around him.

When Knightshadow came out they hardly seemed frightened. The men in red worked with advanced tech on a regular basis and everyone Arnold brought with him were Blue Bloods capable of dodging firearms, being cut in half, enhanced everything, and not reacting to pain. With one swift movement the fake Red Mask drew a dangerous weapon, the Particle Beam rifle. Something that would send beams that could cut through almost anything in its path. As he did this the Men In Red trapped under the car literally broke their limbs ripping themselves out from under it where they could then heal. "Not without my men." He said simply firing the almost lightspeed weapon at Knightshadow. If it failed to pierce his armor, highly unlikely considering its power. He would bring out his nerve gun and fire it at Knightshadow sending out invisible electromagnetic energy that would essentially cook a target from the inside out. Like Jason, arnold refused to give up any allies easily. They were loyal so he would make sure their loyalty paid off.

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By knightshadow

@jason_ford: @k_brimstone: @m-treacle:

"Like heck, I will."

He was about to attack Red Mask, when he saw he drawing out his weapon, and instantly tried to get out the way. Using mechanized super-speed, his enhanced reflexes, and his A.I. already prepared to help him get out of harms way. His A.I. especially saw the attack coming, and forced the mechanized construct to move. He moved out of the way, but it was too late. He was hit....in the arm.

While he may have had less that a second to move, he made sure he didn't die. He lost his mechanical arm, mind you, not his real arm. The nanites began to fix and repair his lost arm, but it would take a while.

"Bring every single car and jet in."

"Sir, but-"

"Do it!!!"

Without an answer, and suddenly, the all of his jets and bikes, and one other car came in and started firing glue bullets at them all, surrounding them. They might be able to dodge bullets, but not this huge barrage. He then entered the fray. The bullets wouldn't activate on him since his armor was recognized as an ally, and made the necessary adjustments so Brimstone and Treacle wouldn't be affected either. His vehicles had a hard time managing to get into the small space, but did so all the same.

With his one arm he fired, several Disruptor rounds, not at Red mask, but at the weapon he was holding. If they hit it, it would be shut down, and rendered useless with EMPs. If that didn't work, they would electrocute his gun. Then, pulling his arm back, he attempted with mechanized super-human speed and strength, to punch him into the bunker's walls if the glue bullets didn't get him already in this small, compact space.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_ford: @m-treacle:

"Like heck, I will."

He was about to attack Red Mask, when he saw he drawing out his weapon, and instantly tried to get out the way. Using mechanized super-speed, his enhanced reflexes, and his A.I. already prepared to help him get out of harms way. His A.I. especially saw the attack coming, and forced the mechanized construct to move. He moved out of the way, but it was too late. He was hit....in the arm.

While he may have had less that a second to move, he made sure he didn't die. He lost his mechanical arm, mind you, not his real arm. The nanites began to fix and repair his lost arm, but it would take a while.

"Bring every single car and jet in."

"Sir, but-"

"Do it!!!"

Without an answer, and suddenly, the all of his jets and bikes, and one other car came in and started firing glue bullets at them all, surrounding them. They might be able to dodge bullets, but not this huge barrage. He then entered the fray. The bullets wouldn't activate on him since his armor was recognized as an ally, and made the necessary adjustments so Brimstone and Treacle wouldn't be affected either. His vehicles had a hard time managing to get into the small space, but did so all the same.

With his one arm he fired, several Disruptor rounds, not at Red mask, but at the weapon he was holding. If they hit it, it would be shut down, and rendered useless with EMPs. If that didn't work, they would electrocute his gun. Then, pulling his arm back, he attempted with mechanized super-human speed and strength, to punch him into the bunker's walls if the glue bullets didn't get him already in this small, compact space.

Malcolm wasn't nearly as fast as Shadow but he was able to get his coat armored arms and back in the way of the majority of the attacks, while he reached out with his senses trying madly to hone in on the source of what was cutting off his connection to the flow of mana. The wickedly sharp and hideously strong blows of the katana were either leaving horrid bruises, or actually breaking through the tough weave of the jacket, leaving some painful but shallow, and one deep cut in his side. His mental conditioning, and experience with many varieties of near death pain allowed him to keep thinking and acting nonetheless.

On instinct he spun to one knee as one arcing blade split the air above him, and the source of his problem nearly hit him in the face like a splash of icy water. It was on her belt, some kind of mechanism...if he hadn't been this close he'd never have known it was there...it wasn't the absence of magic, as Brimstone was, it was an "anti" magic radiator. It was actually more like being sprayed with a fire hose, while you were being sprayed with the hose, all you would be able to see and feel is the wetness and pressure of the water. It wasn't until you were right at the source that you can actually feel the highest pressure and shape of the nozzle. He also felt that it was something that was finite, the more mana it negated the quicker it was used up. It couldn't be done from a distance, the "spray" pattern would defuse it too much, but this close.

Hoping he wouldn't be beheaded before this worked Malcolm, The Wizard who had bested the Fire Demon J'oppa, confounded Its henchmen, lived to tell the tale, and thrive besides, poured every ounce of his considerable magical might into the device. One hand pulling the armored jacket up over his head as he crouched, the other hand before him, dripping blood as it blasted enough mystic energy into the "mage killer" device to crisp it to atoms.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

All hell was breaking loose, and Stone had little time to act. Red Mask was firing a particle beam at the newly buff Knightshadow, then a bunch of vehicles crashed into the place and started shooting off rapidly expanding silly putty. The stuff would harden to an aerated steel like foam in seconds which was good and bad. Good in that there was no room in here for the Red Mask Gang to flip and jump around to escape it, Bad in that he was going to get stuck in it too...Knightshadow also for that matter, possibly Treacle too...though Stone couldn't see him, which he hoped was a good thing.

In under a second Stone spun out the exchange between the NANOTech Weapon and the SABR rifle and pulled the trigger just as he started being squeezed by the rapidly expanding foam. Fortunately he wasn't especially claustrophobic or this would have been entirely unpleasant. As it was the cone of the laser was burning at a slowish, but steady rate through the containment foam. Better, Knightshadow wasn't in the line of fire, and Treacle was the only non hostile around. So whoever else might be in the way and got burned, it was really a win-win as far as the soldier was concerned.

Stone was minorly worried about the Target Locking Acid the Red Mask's used, however they didn't have any way of knowing what the foam was made of, and hand't had previous exposure to it to make an analysis so they weren't going to be able to "lock" onto the substance to eat their way through it. So they were just as stuck as he was...well until the laser eventually got him out. Hopefully Knightshadow had a quicker way.

He blinked the life support system to life, though he'd have bet the foam was porous enough to be able to breath through then he commed to Treacle.

"Sit rep?"

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Jason_ford

@knightshadow: @k_brimstone:

While Jason was a fantastic shot this feat was easier for Arnold to accomplish. His higher speed allowed him to target and shoot the Disruptor rounds out of the air and so he did while continuing to send the beam at the incoming bullets to melt them before they reached him. As the incoming fist came the fake Red Mask knew better than to try and one on one with him at close range unless needed, especially since as far as everyone knew Red Mask was not super powered. Instead he backflipped firing the particle beam at the guns firing the glue bullets.

As for the ones aimed at the Men in Red and the Blue Bloods they were working at first. But one of them had already taken out a target locking acid canister and, with some difficulty, scanned the material sending its composition to all the other canisters before spraying it into the air to eat it off of him and try and melt them as they came. Immediately he went to use it on the others so the glue would become pointless, although it did delay them considerably this was in fact one of the main reasons the acid was made. Nevertheless, the delay was made and not something that could be taken back. Delays were never good things when it came to fighting people like Knightshadow or the Soldier.

Between Shadow and Treacle:

Shadow knew she was making headway, but only because he didn't have his magic. That was why she had more than one device on her just in case it failed. She knew it could only last ten minutes tops and already 5 were spent. The device started burning up fast. Suddenly she felt it turn off, "Shoot." She said. This was bad. She vanished teleporting not only outside of the base but outside of the city, just in case. She intended on coming back but she wanted to sense where all of them were first and then come back to finish Treacle off. She took a breath trying to focus and understand where everything was by sensing the darkness and everything in it. She wasn't taxed physically, she had no limit to her stamina it seemed. So activated another one and was about to go back in, she would have brought a grenade if the Scarlet Archer wasn't there too. That complicated things. Perhaps shooting him would be easier. She was considering all these things very quickly planning ahead but not yet going in. She would soon however.

(Okay I'll probably not be able to post IC again today. But I can't be sure because obviously my last calculation was wrong.)

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightshadow: @m-treacle

While Jason was a fantastic shot this feat was easier for Arnold to accomplish. His higher speed allowed him to target and shoot the Disruptor rounds out of the air and so he did while continuing to send the beam at the incoming bullets to melt them before they reached him. As the incoming fist came the fake Red Mask knew better than to try and one on one with him at close range unless needed, especially since as far as everyone knew Red Mask was not super powered. Instead he backflipped firing the particle beam at the guns firing the glue bullets.

As for the ones aimed at the Men in Red and the Blue Bloods they were working at first. But one of them had already taken out a target locking acid canister and, with some difficulty, scanned the material sending its composition to all the other canisters before spraying it into the air to eat it off of him and try and melt them as they came. Immediately he went to use it on the others so the glue would become pointless, although it did delay them considerably this was in fact one of the main reasons the acid was made. Nevertheless, the delay was made and not something that could be taken back. Delays were never good things when it came to fighting people like Knightshadow or the Soldier.

Between Shadow and Treacle:

Shadow knew she was making headway, but only because he didn't have his magic. That was why she had more than one device on her just in case it failed. She knew it could only last ten minutes tops and already 5 were spent. The device started burning up fast. Suddenly she felt it turn off, "Shoot." She said. This was bad. She vanished teleporting not only outside of the base but outside of the city, just in case. She intended on coming back but she wanted to sense where all of them were first and then come back to finish Treacle off. She took a breath trying to focus and understand where everything was by sensing the darkness and everything in it. She wasn't taxed physically, she had no limit to her stamina it seemed. So activated another one and was about to go back in, she would have brought a grenade if the Scarlet Archer wasn't there too. That complicated things. Perhaps shooting him would be easier. She was considering all these things very quickly planning ahead but not yet going in. She would soon however.

(Okay I'll probably not be able to post IC again today. But I can't be sure because obviously my last calculation was wrong.)

TREACLE

"Sit Rep?" Came Brimstone's question over Malcolm's ear piece. He was in pain, angry, and ready to end this.

"Fed up, what's your position," He knew Brimstone was calculating where they were in relation to each other on the HUD of his helmet, the response came less than a second later.

"Fed up too, let's do this. Fifteen to your four, about three up."

"Indeed, I daresay we won't be invited back after this."

Brimstone, being Brimstone, left out the measurements of meters in the communication. Malcolm, for his part, activated the second of his six mana storage rings which completely refreshed his supply of the energies of the universe that fueled Magic. He then activated the Boundless Nether Walk Between the Never Was and Will Always Be In The In Between and For Never spell that teleported him straight up into the wild melee Lab/Prison room. Then with all of his magical and mental ferocity he cast Caesar ruens tumultu. This spell blasted all but the very strongest mind into a frenzy of cascading and chaotic images, sounds, smells, tactile sensations, and tastes that completely took over all of their senses. At the same time he cast a spell that healed the various harsh cuts and bruises he had sustained from Shadow's katana attacks. Finally, wrapping his Physical Barrier spell back around himself to ward off any pesky bullets or particle beams that might find their way to him.

BRIMSTONE

"I daresay," Stone agreed as the enemy's own acid splashed and melted away the majority of the foam restraining him, and automatically released the beam cone scorching the torso armor and helmets of two Blue Bloods. That only lasted for a second as he fingered the stud that collapsed the beam down into a thin beam of death. He shot for a spear through one Blue Blood helmet, then started swiftly and expertly slicing at the torsos and air around three more Blue Bloods and two Men in Red. He resisted the urge to kick the Ghost Soldier nearest him because he seemed to be reacting to whatever spell Treacle had just cast.

He didn't toss any grenades because if his armor wouldn't be hurt by them, their armor would be proof against it as well.

Knightshadow might not like the killing, but if he hadn't noticed, they were losing and if they lost they were dead. He and Treacle had tried it the minimum use of force thing twice, and things had gone south twice. If Stone had had time he'd kick himself, but if they survived it, it would never damn well happen again.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightshadow: @k_brimstone:

(Ooc: Ok so I Really have to clarify this because it keeps getting confused it seems. There are two Blue Bloods in the building aside from the fake Red Mask. There are also four Men In Red in the building. And two Blue Bloods are a distance away with sniper rifles and rocket launchers just in case. The Men In red are almost all genius level intellects and wear highly durable armor designed for many purposes including ressisting heat and cold attacks, they also are ready to use anti-mage devices if they even think someones using magic. All Men In Red who go into combat are trained to ressist torture, telepathy, and interrogation techniques. All present Men In red are Blue Bloods and all Blue Bloods possess limited telepath/empath immunity, drug/toxin/pain ressistance to extremes, have a special healing factor, and can't fall unconscious unless they choose too, their healing factor can even grow back the brain or heart depending on the injury.

Just needed to make sure everyone knew. I must not have clarified it well previously and for future reference it might be good for a refresher.)

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_ford: @knightshadow:

(OOC: Okay cool. Okay then Stone shot (or tried to) shoot one blue blood through the brain...if he succeeds he'll heal...at what rate is up to you. As for the other Blue Blood and the three Men in Red it's up to you if the laser attacks cut them up. The heat from a laser is orders of magnitude greater than normal heat resistance, so again how successful is up to you.

As for Treacle's Mass Confusion Spell it isn't telepathy (even if it was, his mind and will are...except for maybe Arnold and Knightshadow who might be close seconds... easily the strongest one there) it's a sensory overload that he's cast at the maximum possible intensity. A normal hardass would be blowing chunks and falling over, with all their resistances (telepathy, pain and all) would still be very disoriented and fighting hard to concentrate. Arnold himself would still be pretty much okay I'm assuming though he might be a little motion sick, maybe think he smelled a really bad fart, see some spots, feel like he's got some water in his ears, and maybe feel like there's too much starch in his underpants lol annoying, but not debilitating. I realize I might not have been clear on that one so it's probably better that I spelled (no pun intended) that one out.)

PS: It wasn't cast on Knightshadow

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By knightshadow

@m-treacle: @jason_ford: @k_brimstone:

"Crap," Knightshadow muttered as one his jets received a hit while he was in combat with the current Red Mask. It would still be in the air and not crash, but it wouldn't fly anytime soon.

"Quantum, enact Protocol: Oracle and Protocol: Dungeon."

"Yes, sir."

Then, several turrets popped out of the ceiling and ground. Each of them fired high-impact, meta-rubber bullets. These were made to hurt metas with high durability. The turrets also fired the glue bullets, but none of the turrets would aim at Knightshadow's current allies or himself. His vehicles began firing the same kinds of bullets. It was a kill zone, none of the Red Mask's men or him would be able to dodge that many bullets all round them. His Protocol: Oracle was another thing. It would scan all of their attack patterns and the combatants themselves, especially Red Mask. Knightshadow wanted to know how they moved, how they operated, so he would be better prepared next time. Then, he fired several more disruptor rounds at Red Mask's gun, but also fired a few Shadow-stars as well. He then ran up, and attempted to punch him again, all the while saying:

"You think you can come in here and win? The answer is you're wrong. This ends now, Red Mask."

Then, his other arm, the one that got damaged, returned to him, and he attempted another punch that would send him into the walls of the bunker. The speed, strength of his mech was nearly unmatched, and the bullets, diruptor rounds, and Shadow-stars would serve their purpose if his punches didn't get him.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By HeroUp2112

(OOC: As I understand it, Knightshadow, especially with the mechasuit, are pretty much bleeding edge in speed and reflexes) Brimstone is just max human, though, he's just good at maximizing his odds.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arnold squinted as his senses were bombarded. As someone who worked closely with Red Mask and had himself had to take on immense pain even before gaining the Blue Blood drug he had a well hardened mind and forced himself to push through. It seemed the other Blue Bloods weren't doing quite as well as he was, the Men In Red seemed to be handling it but unable to fight back at present. This was the doing of the Wizard for certain. It was then that Shadow came back throwing an anti-mage device at Treacle and then pulled up a pistol and fired it at him several times towards his face.

Then Brimstone blew the head off one of the Blue Bloods. Unfortunately it was a very powerful burn and had cut through a lot of him searing the wound closed. If it did heal it would take too much time to be of use yet. The beam then cut through another Blue Blood leaving him on the floor where he grabbed his lower half pulling it to his body where it would start to heal, although again it would take time. The beam then attempted to cut through the two men in red, while it was obvious they were burned underneath because of the bright red glow left behind it it appeared their armor had sustained most of the damage.

Shadow quickly activated anti-mage devices on the belts of the Men in Red and Blue Blood to counter the effects of the magic. With the target locking acid in the air set for the special glue those rounds wouldn't be able to grow as they'd be eaten once the glue was exposed. The armor of the Men In Red was graphene nanotube with an extra layer of graphene as well as a special gel. That combined with their high durability and it would require a lot of power to enter their skin. Nevertheless some bullets made it through their necks, but these people were incapable of falling unconscious unless they chose to and were almost impossible to kill without utterly destroying them and they didn't back down. While the Blue Bloods armor was top of military it was also damaged already allowing the special bullets to get through. However again this was what the special healing and pain resistance was for allowing them to keep moving. The scan would reveal that the Blue Bloods (aside from Arnold) moved like military men like Marine or Navy Seals, but also incorporated other techniques because they could mimic. The Men In Red were using similar tactics but were also more intelligent and so were predicting things more often as well as finding weaknesses easier. The fake Red Mask moved like the real one. He seemed to move rather like a military version of an acrobat, but he didn't seem to always stick to one pattern if it came to close combat, randomly changing styles to throw off an opponent who predicts him. Eventually one of the devices hit the Particle beam rifle breaking it, but he quickly changed slinging it across his back and pulling out a Target Locking acid canister set for metal. While Jason was more intelligent than Arnold, they were both capable of analyzing and predicting an attack. That one went along with Knightshadows personality. Instead of completely dodging it he tossed the canister at Knightshadow, with that punch on its way then Knightshadow would get hit with the acid and Arnold with the mechanical fist. The cannister was an ounce full and that could eat through adamantium at a yard per second, so it was certain to get through the suit.

Unfortunately for Arnold as long as he acted as Red Mask he wouldn't be able to both throw the canister and dodge the hit without revealing he was a fraud. So he took the hit flinching out of memory of something like that hurting more than actual pain. Sending him slamming against a wall. His suit actually took a lot of damage, capable of stopping most anything short of a vibranium blade. Nevertheless a hit like that could do some internal damage, but that would heal given time. He fell against the ground with a false groan. "You're wrong." He looked up pulling out another canister set for forty yards of absolutely everything it ran into. It would take only seconds to eat everything. "All I have to do is drop this and we all die. No more base, no more you, no more Soldier or Wizard. I could have done away with you earlier but I don't want any of my men to die unless I have to." He grabbed an anti-mage device activating it just in case the Wizard tried something, "But if you don't let us all go, then I will have to."

The ace in the hole? Heroic stupidity. They know that if I drop this we all die. And while they may be willing to risk their own lives it is clear at least Knightshadow doesn't want all of us to die. He prefers non lethal. I love it when they do that. The fools. It makes my job ten times easier. He thought.

(Hey, things weren't going so well. One of my guys got his head blown off, and my men are getting holes shot through them which slows them down a bit. Gotta try this at some point.)

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m-treacle: @k_brimstone: @jason_ford: (OOC: Hey, it's fine with me, and cool too always wanted a showdown.)

The arm stated to melt, the nanites were fighting against it, luckily his other arm was repaired so he wasn't completely defenseless.

He then contacted Brimstone and Treacle, using his same muffling technology that would allow him to talk without anyone hearing, even enhanced or meta hearing.

"Guys, let me talk. He's desperate and I'll use that against him. That's an order. Keep your guns and magic trained on everyone else. Quantum, enact Protocol: Eject and Protocol: Bunker. Quantum, if he tries anything stop him if you can."

Knightshadow then shut off the muffler, and began to talk while chaos ensued around them. Scanning the Red Mask before him for breathing patterns, x-rays, and any thing else that can help him get an edge in talking this man down. He then saw something strange happen. His bones began to mend at an accelerated rate, beyond that of a human, but he noticed, thanks to his enhanced reflexes and eyesight, that he looked like to be in intense pain. Either this Red Mask was faking he was hurt, or this Red Mask wasn't real, and the real one was human.

"That's not going to happen. You might be a killer, but your not willing to die over some soldiers. Give up. I don't care if you all die. I don't kill, but that doesn't mean I'll save someone who will kill themselves. There are plenty of more men who can lead me to Red Mask. Your outgunned, and out matched. And even if you still drop the container, we won't die. I have numerous protocols that have kept me alive this whole time, and this is no different."

While he was talking, more turrets popped out of the walls, raining a barrage of rounds on Red Mask's men. Several mini-drones were deployed, and fired rounds at them. A few turrets even opened near Red Mask, and a few drones were hovering nearby

"Give up, and live. Don't, and you die by your own hand. So, are you really willing to die?"

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A rather terrifying laugh seemed to start coming from the corners of the room as the fake Red Mask stood up laughing, in truth he was just throwing his voice, "Is that so?" He asked amusement in his voice.

Quickly he turned on a communication to John Mathews and said, "If I don't talk to you in the next five minutes I want you to kill at least forty people in the name of Knightshadow." then he shut it off. The Men In Red and Blue Bloods had practically stopped fighting and moved into a circle back to back weapons ready just taking the rounds because they knew they would heal if the suits didn't take them.

"You think I haven't prepared for my own death. My poor dimwitted opponent, don't be foolish. If you don't let us go forty people will die. And my ally discovers why." Him and his men activated another set of anti-mage devices before the others would burn out, as did Shadow. "Consider this. I have been probably one of the least violent criminals around who runs a major criminal orginization. I only kill other criminals, those who try to stop me, or hostages if I was using them for my own safety. Otherwise my men aren't allowed to kill. However I'm quite willing to do as I say, you can't save your two friends over there whether or not you live." Arnold pointed to the Soldier and the Wizard, "By the time you'd have reached them they'd be nothing more than remains of the acid. So please, doubt me, see just how many people will die because of it."

Shadow stood with a cannister of target locking acid set for anything it touched for the next ten seconds ready to drop it around Kyle and Treacle the moment things got to hairy. She was currently in shadow form meaning almost all physical attacks would just go right through her and she could move and sense practically instantaniously.

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By knightshadow

@k_brimstone: @jason_ford:

He thinks he has me. Heh. Laughable.

Three pods were underneath the ground now ready to protect and save Treacle and Kyle. Activating his muffler he spoke to Kyle and Brimstone.

"Don't worry, men. I got three pods ready to save you in case he uses the acid. They are faster than he is or the acid. Treacle, find out who he contacted subtly with magic or whatever, and find him and capture him. Stop him from killing those hostages. Those anti-mage devices are in their vicinity, not yours. Kyle keep your laser gun trained on the canister. Blow it out of his hands or, heck, blow his hands with it."

Deactivating the muffler quickly, and ready to deal with the Red Mask in front of him, until he received information on his hub. When Red Mask was working with Ivana to take over Gothic, the satellites the government used, or Knightshadow was using along with the secret organization that had made him. Red Mask had shone himself. While he did not know his identity, he had a complex algorithm that measure the density, and exact height, width of everything, even fingers or the head. He then replied:

"Are you the real Red Mask? You're not thanks to my density scanners. His possible muscle density, bone, and body density are slightly different, but different enough to know it's not you. So, the real Red Mask is a coward. At least, I face my foes and I don't need to hide behind an organization to do it. You say your criminal's who kill other criminals, and yet, you work with criminals. You could all could have made great anti-heroes, if not heroes."

Need to stall them so Treacle can get to the hostages, and Quantum can get the cannister.

"What led Red Mask down this path? Answer me this. Why instead of being a hero, he became a criminal. I have suffered pain. More than you can imagine. Yet he snapped, didn't he. The difference between Red Mask and me is this: We both looked into the abyss, but when it stared at us back. He blinked."

Reactivating the muffler, he asked Quantum:

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, sir. They left plenty of the acid all over the place. I decided it would be wise to make an agent to slow if not halt its progress, especially in the situation you're in now."

"That's why I made you. You can think for yourself. Get it to the turrets."

Then, several of the turrets that had stealthily came out of the wall near the fake Red Mask. They were primed and ready for the acid, and had several magnetic claws ready to grab the canister out of his hand.

"You work for a man who has hidden behind you, yet you're ready to die for him. All he gives you is money and preparation. Unbelievable. If you harm those hostages, I will spend every living day and night hunting you all down and torturing you for all of the lives that will be lost if you don't stop that order, including you beloved leader. Call off the attack, or else. I wonder if the rest of your team is also ready to die with you."

(OOC: Gonna wait for Brimstone and Treacle to make their move, so I suggest you wait for them to post before you do anything major.)

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Jason_ford

@knightshadow: He never said the name, they're way to careful for that.

The composition alone cannot be countered by an agent, how it is put together is required to know how to prevent it. A product that could slow it like a self replicating thing might be acceptable though to slow or halt its progress.

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By knightshadow
Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightshadow: It's fine. I do see how that got confused.

If you have a communications tracker that is very high tech you might be able to trace the location it was sent to but after that it would go off.

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_ford: I edited it. Wait, what would go off? The canister or the communication device or what?

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_ford: Oh crap. If I knew that was possible, I would have done it. I thought your communications were untraceable.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightshadow: oh wait, lol, I forgot my own communicators advancements. Sorry

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_brimstone: @jason_ford:

He thinks he has me. Heh. Laughable.

Three pods were underneath the ground now ready to protect and save Treacle and Kyle. Activating his muffler he spoke to Kyle and Brimstone.

"Don't worry, men. I got three pods ready to save you in case he uses the acid. They are faster than he is or the acid. Treacle, find out who he contacted subtly with magic or whatever, and find him and capture him. Stop him from killing those hostages. Those anti-mage devices are in their vicinity, not yours. Kyle keep your laser gun trained on the canister. Blow it out of his hands or, heck, blow his hands with it."

Deactivating the muffler quickly, and ready to deal with the Red Mask in front of him, until he received information on his hub. When Red Mask was working with Ivana to take over Gothic, the satellites the government used, or Knightshadow was using along with the secret organization that had made him. Red Mask had shone himself. While he did not know his identity, he had a complex algorithm that measure the density, and exact height, width of everything, even fingers or the head. He then replied:

"Are you the real Red Mask? You're not thanks to my density scanners. His possible muscle density, bone, and body density are slightly different, but different enough to know it's not you. So, the real Red Mask is a coward. At least, I face my foes and I don't need to hide behind an organization to do it. You say your criminal's who kill other criminals, and yet, you work with criminals. You could all could have made great anti-heroes, if not heroes."

Need to stall them so Treacle can get to the hostages, and Quantum can get the cannister.

"What led Red Mask down this path? Answer me this. Why instead of being a hero, he became a criminal. I have suffered pain. More than you can imagine. Yet he snapped, didn't he. The difference between Red Mask and me is this: We both looked into the abyss, but when it stared at us back. He blinked."

Reactivating the muffler, he asked Quantum:

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, sir. They left plenty of the acid all over the place. I decided it would be wise to make an agent to slow if not halt its progress, especially in the situation you're in now."

"That's why I made you. You can think for yourself. Get it to the turrets."

Then, several of the turrets that had stealthily came out of the wall near the fake Red Mask. They were primed and ready for the acid, and had several magnetic claws ready to grab the canister out of his hand.

"You work for a man who has hidden behind you, yet you're ready to die for him. All he gives you is money and preparation. Unbelievable. If you harm those hostages, I will spend every living day and night hunting you all down and torturing you for all of the lives that will be lost if you don't stop that order, including you beloved leader. Call off the attack, or else. I wonder if the rest of your team is also ready to die with you."

(OOC: Gonna wait for Brimstone and Treacle to make their move, so I suggest you wait for them to post before you do anything major.)

TREACLE

As he felt the Anti-Mage device drain away his mana and his magic, Malcolm hit the floor with his arms up over his head to protect it as the pistol shots hammered into the console above. Then the Mage rolled to his left and behind Knightshadow's mecha armor, where he calmed himself and searched his brain quickly for the information he pulled from the Blue Blood's mind. (Where by next time he'll find out how the Red Mask crew was able to find the hideout).

"I hate to break this to you Knightshadow," Malcolm hissed harshly as he grabs both of the anti magic devices dropped and thrown by Shadow and (Fake)Red Mask and throws them hard back toward the Red Mask's people. "but, these magic killer's did get to me." The Wizard recharged himself with the third of his mana storage rings. Automatically, he reestablished his Physically Barrier Spell to protect himself, then focuses his will and reaches out and grips both large Target Locking Acid canisters in a vice like telekinetic spheres with the spell Unseen Hand of the Master's Will.

"I can't track the hostages, I have no material link by which to find them," He said through gritted teeth, putting all his effort into cocooning the deadly canisters against anything that might rupture them.

BRIMSTONE

Stone cradled the SABR rifle carefully and squeezed the trigger softly, tracing a beam of nuclear hot light less than a millimeter from Arnold's throat and leaving it there. He clicked his tongue to change the comm channel to the open channel between Knightshadow, Treacle, and himself.

"We're letting them go." Stone said calmly but firmly, "We're not letting all those hostages die. They'll kill them, believe me they will." He switched back to let his voice be heard over the helmet PA system.

"Slow your roll. You're walking out of here." His voice as cold as ice. "I'm not debating with you, jackhole. Don't move until Knightshadow says and you don't die."

Neither he nor Treacle were impressed with the Vigilante's talk of "men" and "orders", but now wasn't the time to discuss it. Stone was pretty impressed that even Treacle hadn't protested.

knightshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m-treacle: @jason_ford: @k_brimstone:

"Sh*t," Knighsthadow muttered, "Fine, we'll let you all go. But bring a message to your boss. Tell him that I'm coming for him with everything I got."

Activating his muffler for the last time, he ordered:

"Quantum, get drones in the sky, satellites on them, everything. I want to know their every move."

"Yes, sir."

"Treacle, Kyle, I'll be tracking their movements. This won't be a complete loss."

Several drones launched silently out of the top of the base. Satellites were ready to track their movements. Hopefully, this will pay of later.

He then backed up, and ordered his cars to be trained on the fake Red Mask, but backing his vehicles away from them. He also opened the doors, but made sure to have Quantum to scan the fake Red Mask's voice. It could be useful later. Deactvating his muffler, (OOC: I need a better name), he then said:

"Go. And let the hostages go when you're done. A deal's a deal."

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Jason_ford