• New York City - 567
  • Paris - 483
  • Tokyo - 521
  • Prague - 234
  • Cairo - 123
  • Beijing - 789
  • Moscow - 365
  • London - 256

Cities and numbers continued to scroll beneath her glacial gaze as the Beremud scion sat at her desk, immobile as a statue. As the list drew to its end, she turned to her omnipresent assistant, Silas, and nodded perfunctorily. “We’ve met or exceeded our targets in all major population centers, then?”

If Elsa Beremud’s demeanor was cold, her assistant’s could best be described as perfectly flat. No one had ever observed Silas to so much as change his facial expression, much less display any outward sign of emotion. “Correct.” His voice was as bereft of human feeling as the rest of him.

“And the MRF sleeper units have been concentrated in these cities?”

“Yes.”

“Good.”

Another nod. All the pieces were in place. The message would be sent to her...clients, and she would wait for their signal to launch an operation that was years in the making. Idly, she experienced a twinge of regret that the completion of such a labor involved her relocating; perhaps she would alter her plan enough to allow herself to observe the coming harvest. It was likely to be something she would never regret.

Humanity almost certainly would not, after all.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@beremud:

No Caption Provided

I can't wait to see where this goes!

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beremud: What if someone were to burst through the door right now?

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_araneae_: I mean...that person would see a bunch of city names and numbers on a computer screen; without the context of the sinister inner monologue, it doesn't mean much. Now, if a telepath were to burst through the door...

@cutting_edge: Such assumptions! I could be getting ready to provide every major city on the planet with free Lunchables, for all you know! :P

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17055  Edited By Cutting_Edge

@beremud: Well, it's better to prepare for the worst and waste time and money than to expect free Lunchables and be caught with your pants down. And in your case...

This GIF quality is trash...
This GIF quality is trash...

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_araneae_: Everything I do is. ^_^

@cutting_edge: You know I just realized that with so many movies being pushed back this year, the gif crop is going to be unusually lean. Yeah, not exactly the biggest issue we're facing right now, but still...one more reason to hate 2020, lol.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17058  Edited By Cutting_Edge

@beremud: Eh, we're pretty darn spoiled as it is with the hundreds of thousands of viable GIFs out there, so I'm not complaining. But for a year that's a cool repeating sequence of numbers like 2020, you would think that it would be some kick@ss year for the history books to remember. But nope, Australia is on fire and we have a global pandemic on our hands that will considerably change the world moving forward.

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge: I'm just waiting for a meteor strike or one of the supervolcanoes to go off, at this point.

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amin:

"The security lapse requires attention."

Elsa leaned back in her seat, rubbing a hand across her eyes before fixing her glare on Silas. The fact that he was incapable of feeling the full effect of her icy gaze did not improve her mood. "I presume you have a recommendation, or have you developed the ability to take pleasure in causing me annoyance?"

"I recommend activating and assigning ten sleeper units to replace the house's current security team."

"No." That was simply unacceptable. As alarming as the ease with which the young metahuman journalist had infiltrated the halfway house had been, the sleeper units were already pre-programmed; each of them dedicated to a specific task in the upcoming operation. Pulling even one unit, much less the recommended ten, would represent an unacceptable delay. They simply were not expendable, at this point.

Expendable...

"Get a message out to the Savages," she snapped. Have them put the word out in their criminal circles that there's a deal to be made here.

Silas nodded, already moving towards the office door. "What shall I tell them is being offered?"

Elsa grinned, an expression that was, if anything, more unsettling than her glare. "Gothic. All of it."

Amin_Karrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17061  Edited By Amin_Karrit

@beremud:

♚♚ Le Commandant ♚♚

Like a leaf nudged by a gust of wind, a black limousine glided through the very streets it's passenger's brother had once left in flames. Behind the dark shade of tinted windows, Amin Karrit sat in silence, his thoughts pulling back to Satar's efforts in claiming Gothic City, the short victories, and the colossal failures that forced his brother into exile. Satar was a destructive machine of mutant engineering. Too chaotic, too extreme. Le Commandant - Satar's elder by two minutes - exhibited a cunning, a patience and stoic reserve that had always eluded his militant brother.

No Caption Provided

So, as the limousine slowed to a halt and the chauffeur pulled it's door open, Amin stepped out the car with a plot more insidious. Subtler. Glancing at his wrist, Le Commandant met the silver gleam of his Raymond Weil watch.

He was late. Good.

The meeting - and indeed, any conversation - would begin on his terms.

Striding inside, Amin was flanked by no one. He was a tower of metahuman muscle, Atlas the Titan given mortal form. And yet, knowledge of his mutant genes was reserved to few, most dead. That he, a supposed human, had entered the notorious sphere of Elsa Beremud with neither shield nor sword, willed something into the air. A certainty that he would not be attacked, because he ought not to be.

Meeting eyes with Elsa, the low rumble of Amin's voice rolled to every bone in the room, "Elsa Beremud", he began, plucking the nearest chair and seating himself squarely in front of Elsa, "Gothic City is waiting to be claimed. Law enforcement is tired, and understaffed. The government is inept, and the criminal element is in need of strong direction. Shootouts with law enforcement, violent crime, this is petty, small. Street gangsters get arrested and rule prisons, not cities", eyes glacial, voice strong, "The first phase is to eliminate law enforcement, our most tangible barrier".

Leaning forward, the bass in his voice struck the air like thunder, "Street gangs charge protection money, but we will open a legitimate business. A private security company that will charge the same protection money. And the people will be "protected". The Mad Dogs, corpses of the Brahma Brotherhood, work for me. Their attacks will stop. And you will persuade the other criminal factions to behave themselves for the time being. The illusion that our company has accomplished what city police cannot, will be strong. We will phase them out, replace them. Then, we will move to phase two. The metahumans".

Laughlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The tires screeched along the blacken pavement on the streets of Gothic City as the pale, crazed Lyn sat behind the drivers seat. The red car drift along the tight turns of the bustling city… hitting a civilian in the process as the back of the car jumped the sidewalk and the truck slammed into a woman who was carrying bags of groceries.

“WHY DON’TCHA WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING!? YOU COULDA SCRATCHED MY PAINT JOB!” Lyn popped her head out and looked over at the woman who was laying on the ground with her groceries scattered all around her. Her screeching laugh was drowned out by the roaring of the engine as she sped off into the night.

No Caption Provided

After her lovely plan to blow up Valor City University was a magnificent success, she had to hide underground for a few months because everyone and their grandma was trying to look for her. Sheesh, people didn’t know how to appreciate a villain when they actually did something! Do you know how much work she had to put into that? To get a bomb strong enough to blow up a university!? IT’S A LOT OF WORK!

But how here she was, ready to paint the city red!

Ing3n1us_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17064 Feral Nova  Moderator
Ing3n1us_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laughlyn:

The night was dark and silent, the road was barren and the sidewalk had very few people on it, one of them being a lady with some groceries, probably returning home from a day of errands. Right now however, Isaiah had to manually restart one of the many Trojan viruses he implanted in the cellular towers of Gothic City, to maintain unsuspected surveillance . He couldn’t just technopath his way in without making his presences at least suspected, so he had to walk, one thing he didn’t really want to do at this time of night.

He walked past the lady and nodded with a kind smile; however, instead of smiling back, she only clutched her bag tighter and walked by him faster. Isaiah took no offence to this, as they are in Gothic City, and he himself looked suspicious enough. Not even a few seconds passed when he heard a loud ‘crash’ and a screams, one of which was in pain and the other was complaining about their paint job. He turned to see, quite the scene, the grocery lady was hit, the culprit took off into the night.

It was quite the scene
It was quite the scene

Isaiah sighed a bit of the lack of police officers on the case, and he had to take matters into his own hands. First, he tried to look for one of those fancy self-driving cars, however, noone in Gothic City can actually afford one, and it would’ve mostly likely been stolen, so he had to use his second plan. He couldn’t use the cameras without his presence being notified by the people who run surveillance. So, instead, he tried to digitalize himself into her headlights, an embarrassing experience for him personally, and into her backseat, hopefully she didn’t have anything he’d regret touching. “So where are we going?” He said, if it successfully pulled off, as he poked his childish head up to the front.

Laughlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ing3n1us_:

The driving was anything but smooth as she jerked the steering wheel back and forth. Her pigtails whipping back and forth as she laughed as people walking on the sidewalks screamed and either moved out of her way or got hit by the car. It was surprising no cops were on her tail. Oh wait, they were busy with a robbery at Jacks Jewelry that her groups of Bobs were currently involved with. She wanted to take a night drive without any distraction-

“So where are we going?”

No Caption Provided

A teenager with hair as white as her skin popped his head next to her. But it didn’t even startle her. Why? Well Lyn had experienced hallucinations. Both auditory and visual and both at the same time. This must be a new one! But hmmm a teenager? This was new! Should she be concerned about having teenage boys now involved in her hallucinations? Maybe she should see a doctor about this.... HAHAHAHA! YEAH RIGHT!

“Just taking a night drive. Did you know studies from Valor University say that Night time drives are the most relaxing?” A twisted stretched wider across her face. “But I don’t know if I would trust their studies.” She made a sharp turn at a red light as several cars that were almost impacted screeched to a halt. “BECAUSE IT BLEW UP!” she threw her head back in a sadistic tone and boasting to what she had convinced herself was one of her hallucinations.

No Caption Provided

“Butcha know, I’ve never seen you before.” She squinted her eyes as she turned to look at him, not paying attention to the road as she moved her head closer to take a better look at his white hair. “Whats up with your hair? Is social media stressing you out?” She giggled as she pressed down on the gas pedal even more. "Did Ricky, Vicky, Nicky and Micky need a day off from me?" Her other auditory and visual person hallucinations she named one by one. "OH! I got a name for you! Dicky! You'll fit right in with the rest!"

Ing3n1us_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laughlyn: She was loud, and talked a lot, which was kinda common for most women he met, but that was some self-reflection for another day. He leaned back into the seat listening to her talking about Valor University, a school he believed to have some decent education, and how it blew. Which, he had very few doubts about, she probably was behind. "Nice, sounds cool" He nodded as he scooted over to the window as he saw his antennae about to pass by.

“Whats up with your hair? Is social media stressing you out?”

"It's pretty cool"

This was the general response for every parent that has every seen his hair, so he was kinda used to it. "Nope, this is all natur-al. It's pretty cool isn't it? Hold on real quick for me, thanks" He once again, dispersed into the air as a bunch of ones and zeros and reappeared in front of the cell tower. He then would plug a flash drive into computer that was hooked into the tower. He then pulled out his tablet, to watch the process finish loading.

"Kay, now where is she?" He looked around, once again seeing the car, which seemed to be driven by someone under 6. He digitalised himself once again into the headlights of the car, appearing in the backseat, but then got slammed into the side of the car door, cause the momentum. "Shit" He muttered as the window pane met his face.

"Aye could you...uumm...drive a bit slower...cause that's not safe, I guess" He claimed while rubbing his face and checking the mirror for bruises. He then checked his tablet to see the progress which was at 20%. So he decided to keep her busy by talking.
"Do you know what kind of bomb was used? Cause bombs are cool! Like reallllly cool!" He was slammed into the side of the car again,'Damn, the MVA let HER drive?'

Laughlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ing3n1us_:

When he vanished into a series of numbers her eyes widen as she turned her entire body to the back to see him gone. “WOW! They haven’t done that before! That was pretty cool!” she turned back around just in time to avoid hitting a light pole. But as quickly as he left he came back, slamming into the side of the door.

No Caption Provided

"Aye could you...uumm...drive a bit slower...cause that's not safe, I guess"

“Ugh” She rolled her eyes. She couldn’t even focus on the second question. Her smiles turned into annoyance in an instant. “You sound like Vicky! ‘Lyn killing people is bad! Lyn you shouldn’t leave your gun in the microwave! LYN STOP STEALING PEOPLE’S CARS!” She let go of the steering wheel all together as she reached over to the passenger seat belt with one hand, pulled out her trusty knife with another and cut the seat belt off. “DICKY YOU BETTER PUT ON YOUR SEAT-BELT!” she tossed the cut up seat-belt at him and the moment she turned back around they were seconds away from slamming into a starbucks. “OH SHHHHHHH-”

She slammed the breaks, HARD. Her entire body jerked forward, as the car jumped over the curb and into the starbucks parking lot. Her body being bounced around even though she was safe and had her seatbelt on. The car finally stopped… inches from crashing into the large window of the building. Thank god she had it on, OTHERWISE HER BODY WOULD HAVE BEEN SPLATTERED ALL OVER THE STARBUCKS! HAHAHAHA! She sat for a moment, clutching into the wheel and breathing heavily and heart racing as she looked up to see that the Drive Thru Open light was blinking and she smiled wide. “OOOHHHHHH I could KILL for a Strawberries and cream! You want something Dicky?” If he was in the car or not she would ask, assuming he could still hear her. After all… he was just a figment of her imagination. Putting the car in reverse she drove to the line to see it completely open! With only two people in front of her! SCORE!

Driving up to the window she pulled her body halfway out of the car through the window to talk to the girl who was appearing on the screen taking her order. “Yeah, I want a venti Strawberries and cream and a pink cakepop. If you don’t have pink then give me a cheese danish but I don’t want that sh!t warmed up, ok?” She would then turn to look to the backseat. “Dicky, what do you want?” If he gave her an order she would ask for it, if he didn’t she would just shrug her shoulders, get back in the car and get in line.

“Oh right, the bomb! Bombs are SUPER cool! Cause one second everything is all nice and quiet AND THEM BOOM! CHAOS AND DISORDER AND PANIC AND FEAR AND BODIES FALLING FROM THE SKY! It was an amazing show. You should have been there.” She nod her head as she began remembering her most favorite evil deed of all times. “Of course I know what bomb I used. It was a remote detonator thermobaric bomb!” The car in front of her moved forward and so did she, just a bit. “It gives the same destructive force of an atom bomb BUT without the nuclear waste cause I’m all about the environment and stuff and the last thing we needed was radiation poisoning EVERYONE! Cause what fun would that be? I don’t want people to die of radiation poisoning. I WANT THEM TO DIE BECAUSE I BLEW THEM UP!” She smiled, clutching into the steering wheel even tighter. She was beginning to wonder... what building could she blow up here???

Ing3n1us_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laughlyn: He hasn't jerked around this much sense he was at home. Using his arms to stabilize himself for at long enough, he looked at the table which was one the floor, shaking around as if it were popcorn seeds on a kettle. 60%, it read, meaning that he would have uninterrupted access to technology in a few moments, and had to put up with this bat and her driving for a little while longer.

“You sound like Vicky! ‘Lyn killing people is bad! Lyn you shouldn’t leave your gun in the microwave! LYN STOP STEALING PEOPLE’S CARS!”

60% Loading...
60% Loading...

"Who's Vicky?" He asked before a cut-up seat belt was tossed into his lap. "What's this fo-" Before he could even finish his sentence, his petite figure was through forward with the same force that a roller coaster would probably have it didn't have seat-belts. His head smacked the back of her seat and his arms would give way. She stopped for a Starbucks, she can blow up a school, but a Starbucks was too sacred for her. He fixed his hair and adjusted his coat, waiting to see her next action, waiting impatiently for his upload to finish

They pulled up to the Starbucks, and for a second, he felt like he was a normal person...with a 'normal' mother, until she pulled her body halfway out the window. The crazy bat ordered then asked him for his order, in which he ordered the same thing, willing to pay with the cash he had, cause he was sure she was gonna shoot the poor lady at the pick up window.

Then, she went on about bombs, taking Isaiah aback a bit, but remembering his question earlier. A thermobaric bomb? Isn't that military grade stuff, and illegal in every single city in the world? Did she steal it, and from whom? He had many questions, but didn't ask any of them in order to not raise suspicion. So he decided to play along. "But nuclear bombs are sooooo cool. Like the mushroom clouds and the nuclear ash. Creating a nuclear winter is a great way to rid the human race,of course. Don't even get me started on the radiation poisoning, because that's a good way to kill someone. It would probably make Hiroshima look like a water balloon when its done"

While, his tone was playful, these were, at one point, what he actually believe. He did think nuclear bombs were cool. and that they were effective killing machines. He also liked how effective the lingering effect of radiation if he were to use it. "The Earth would heal itself eventually, but humanity would be LOONG gone." He joked.

Avatar image for cadmus_liafador
Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He hasn't jerked around this much sense he was at home.

Uh uh...

Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignaticus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ignaticus__:

That red color on his name says different *LOL*

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amin_karrit:

True to form.

These were the words that best summed up Elsa's analysis of Amin Karrit. He held and conducted himself as she would have expected someone willing and presumably able to not only play the dangerous game that was the criminal underworld, but was also able to dominate it, to control it in a way that any military dictator or independently wealthy CEO would envy. The late arrival, the eschewing of any personal security, his every word and movement were clearly calculated to project supreme strength and confidence.

Exactly what is needed.

"Allow me to put all my cards on the table," Elsa replied, as he finished his description of his intentions (or rather, the first part of his intentions) towards Gothic City. "I do not share my father's regard for Gothic City. My ambitions go far beyond this decrepit cesspit of humanity, and I am frankly tired of the amount of time and energy that maintaining my own operations here is costing me."

She paused, taking a sip of her coffee, an inquisitive raising of one imperious brow offering her visitor some refreshment. "In short, I am basically willing to turn the city entirely over to you. I have the property, technology, and manpower to provide whatever support you may need to make your own ambitions a reality. The Street Savages will follow your lead. The MRF will provide you with cutting-edge tech and tactical support. And I ask only one thing in return."

Another pause, this time to allow her to lean forward, her intense gaze fixed on him over steepled hands. "My own operations must continue unimpeded. Gothic needs to be a non-issue for the Alaric Foundation."

Amin_Karrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beremud:

In Gothic City, few, if any, minds were as shrewd as Elsa's. And as she sat face to face with Le Commandant, even fewer were as bold to hand away the keys to the city's criminal underworld. Year after year, Satar failed in his conquest of Gothic City. And now, the universe seemed to have delivered the city to his elder brother as an act of providence. Amin was pleased, so as he declined an offered refreshment with a raised hand, his mind narrowed on the manipulation and misdirection he'd use to seize Gothic City by the throat. Reaching into his pocket for a cigar - a Cohiba Behike - Amin lit one end amid the silence, and pulled.

The rich smoke spouted out his nose, and Le Commandant's thoughts swept to what theoreticians of revolutionary warfare called "parallel structures".

"The Alaric Foundation will be allowed to operate without interference"

"The Alaric Foundation will be allowed to operate without interference", he assured, gesturing at one of Elsa's men for an ashtray, "In the meantime, I will see to it that we gain the support of the population and wean them away from the existing government. Security services, courts, healthcare and other services which this government fails to provide, will be provided by us. With many of the street gangs and criminals working for us, a large decrease in the crime rates will encourage the people to support us".

Cigar dangling confidently between his fingers, Le Commandant continued, "Disaster after disaster has exposed the inept nature of the city government. We will open offices in Gothic's poor neighborhoods, of which there are many, and distribute food, provide housing for those still affected by the destruction of the Purge and so on. We will gain legitimacy in the eyes of the weak and poor, building a platform to launch ourselves to the point of winning whatever passes for elections in this godforsaken city".

It was a logic, a line of thinking that had always been absent from Satar's mind. It bore greater cost effectiveness than Satar's tactic of commanding militant hordes to terrorize and destroy. Terror is best dealt in small and controlled doses against specific targets. Large scale terror succeeds only in drawing the eye and ire of caped superheroes and street vigilantes. Instead, Amin would overcome the metahuman barrier with trickery and deceit, "We will send most of the city's violent gangs to Valor City and New York, directing the heroes and vigilantes there".

"Like Gothic City, Valor has been attacked in recent memory. We will prey on it's citizens' fear that it will become the next Gothic City. My people will offer a special drug to the people of the most affected neighborhoods. One that promises metahuman powers. Driven to defend their city, they will take what my people will offer, become my addicts, and a problem for the metahumans we will trick into being there".

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amin_karrit:

Yes, this one is different.

Throughout Gothic's tumultuous history, one common thread could always be found: violence. Every would-be conqueror who set their sights on the degenerate metropolis had sought victory through brute force, failing to realize that such barbarity was the lifeblood of the city, the only common language and currency among it's inhabitants. Even her late "father," who had dedicated much of his life to Gothic City, had failed to fully grasp this and paid the ultimate price, falling as he led his MRF forces in an attempt to claim what he considered his.

"You've given this a lot of thought." She leaned back, adopting a relaxed posture, as Silas provided her guest with the requested ashtray. "I presume you've considered how any remaining vigilantes will be dealt with? Some of them have demonstrated a remarkable dedication to this city and will be unlikely to move off, regardless of where the gangs go. Some will also undoubtedly be suspicious enough of Gothic's sudden 'peace' that they will likewise remain, and could quite possibly begin investigating this operation."

Avatar image for chanel_de_la_fontaine
Chanel_de_La_Fontaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chanel_de_La_Fontaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: hehe let me stir a little trouble lol

Shield-Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amin_Karrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17081  Edited By Amin_Karrit

@beremud:

Therein lied the difference between Amin and Satar. The World Eater found the thrill of power in chaos, and Le Commandant found the grip of control in order. In the depths of an alpine lake by Manoir du Patron, the headless corpse of Fabien Giroud sits shackled to a rock, a fate known to all the mafiosi who once served Fabien in Famille Giroud. Yet the steel grip of Amin's will has them behave as though Fabien willingly retired from organized crime. That is the power of control. That by the cold bass of Le Commandant's voice, all men will behave as they ought to.

So, as Elsa raised the issue of stubbornness among Gothic City's most determined vigilantes, a glint of amusement flashed in the stoic, strong eyes of Amin Karrit. Suppressing a laugh and ashing his cigar, Le Commandant leaned forward, his shadow growing as he moved.

"They will be dealt with", he assured, "The lowly street gangs who will remain behind will be our shield, a mirage to misdirect the efforts of curious vigilantes. They will behave".

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amin_karrit:

Elsa nodded. This was it, then: the solution she'd been looking for. With the majority of eyes turned away from Gothic, the few remaining should be easy enough to manage, as her prospective partner indicated. That made it time to put the wheels in motion.

Tapping a button on her desk, she rose. Silas opened a side door to admit a well-groomed but tough-looking young woman. "This is the Wolf," Elsa waved her hand vaguely in the newcomer's direction. "The Street Savages answer to her, and now she will answer directly to you."

No Caption Provided

Without giving the leader of her street gang any opportunity to speak, she continued. "The MRF will also be discreetly supplying you with neutra-grenades. These will allow you to render targets unconscious without damaging any valuable property. Silas here will provide you with contact information if you require more, as well as a listing of 'abandoned' real estate throughout the city that is secretly owned by Alaric. You may use these locations as safe houses, caches, or whatever else you deem necessary. So then, what else do you need to get started, my new best friend?"

Amin_Karrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beremud:

The sight of Elsa's underling - the Wolf - was one Amin regarded with a glint of interest. In the years spent building the strength of La Main Noire, Le Commandant had seen a slew of different reactions from the underlings of kingpins and crime bosses. Some cleared their throat and dared speak venom. Others flared their nostrils in fury but held their tongues. But few answered to domination with obedience, with silence. The Wolf then, seemed a fitting name, the woman recognized and surrendered to her alpha. Amin rose from his seat, and the wooden chair creaked in relief.

Glancing at the Wolf before dragging Elsa back into his line of sight, Le Commandant was pleased, "Good". Taking a long drag from his cigar, Amin's icy stare pierced through the smoke that flowed out his nose and filled the air, "I need nothing else. Gothic will be dealt with, and we will speak again soon, Elsa Beremud".

Gesturing for the Wolf to follow, Amin Karrit strode out the doors of Elsa's abode, and with his newest recruit in tow, slid into the back of a black limousine and rode into the night.

Chanel_de_La_Fontaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laughlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ing3n1us_:

"But nuclear bombs are sooooo cool. Like the mushroom clouds and the nuclear ash. Creating a nuclear winter is a great way to rid the human race,of course. Don't even get me started on the radiation poisoning, because that's a good way to kill someone. It would probably make Hiroshima look like a water balloon when its done"

“You’re absolutely right! They are super duper cool and the ash is freaken AMAZIIING but I don’t wanna get rid of the human race. Cause if I like, kill everyone then who will there be left to kill? ME? HA! I DON’T THINK SO! Not to mention I like Gothic and I don’t want to end up like chernobyl 2.0, there’s no fun in that. Ya gotta think long term Dicky.”

Just then the duo pulled up to the window as the girl standing at the window’s eyes slowly widen as she realized who Lyn was. “Um… $10.21?”

“Oh!” Lyn reached over to her bag, as if she was about to grab her wallet, only to pull out Blam-O and aim it at her head. “Is this enough?” She gave a huge grin.

No Caption Provided

“Itsperfecthereareyourdrinksbye!” She shoved the drinks out the window and closed it instantly ducking behind the counter. With a crackling laugh she threw her head back as she grabbed the drinks, handing Dicky his. “Here ya go!” she smiled as she put the pedal to the metal and drove off.

Taking a sip of her drink she wiggled in her seat with excitement. “MAN! I haven’t had one of these in FOREVERR!” Her eyes shift to the rear-view mirror. “What should we do next?! We can light City Hall on fire!”

Ing3n1us_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laughlyn:

He eyed his tablet once more....93%. Damn, he could only take some much more of this. After, accepting his drink, he took a small sip, which followed a nod of approval over to sweet fruity drink.

“What should we do next?! We can light City Hall on fire!”

"Oh ..no no no. You see, setting City Hall on fire is gonna have a whole bunch of ,like, BAD BAD events which may lead to Gothic City blowing up!" He didn't know what events may lead after the burning of such an important building, but he knew they would be bad. "Cause without City Hall..who KNOWS who's gonna move in? Like some big dude with some power army in the shadows may try to take over the city. And what if he or SHE smokes? That's harm to the environment"

He realized how true these could possibly be, meaning he's gonna have to check the web after he finds a way to get rid of her. "We should...go dumpster diving! Not for food but I hear a lot of good stuff goes in the trash" Isaiah remembers all the good bits of information he's retrieved from the dumpster. But if any valuables were there, he wouldn't know. "Or! Perhaps burn the local PetsMart" He hoped she wouldn't take that suggestion seriously for obvious reasons. Plus he got a cat from that PetsMart and had to go get some food for it later.

"ORRRRRRRR We could, I dunno, blow up the local policestation" Now, that suggestion matched up with plans he had. He needed to gain access to the history of prisoners and registered criminals to ensure that he has all the right information for his next ploy. "Your pick...Nicky" As soon as those words left his lips, an unfathomable cringe was embedded into his very being. Why 'NIcky'? He didn't know...perhaps the colors of the drink reminded him of the songwriter.

Avatar image for perdidacardenal
PerdidaCardenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador@cadmus_liafador@8th_wonder@rosso

No Caption Provided

So-so sat quietly in the home of Doctor Ashley Knightfall. Since the GCPD released her under her care and gave only her book back… the Good Doctor allowed her to stay at her penthouse with a view that looked over the polluted air sky of Gothic City. The young assassin hadn’t kept in touch with Catalina, and while she felt guilt… she had to admit… she didn’t know her phone number in order to do so and she had no idea Mari was back. So here she was, looking at her book with Ashley sitting next to her, also looking down at the book with a tablet in Ashley's hands, scribbling down names and dates.

She just wanted to know who she was. Was that such a difficult thing to ask? She wanted to know why. Why did her parents leave her with that man. She just wanted closure. It didn’t feel like she was asking for too much… but then again maybe she was. Her hand balled into a fist of frustration. The cobalt eyes of Ashley Knightfall observed that.

No Caption Provided

“So-so I think it’s time to rest. We’ve been going over this for several hours. Go get ready for bed, ok?” Ashley spoke as she set the pen down and removed the glasses from her face before gently taking the book and closing it.

The young assassin didn’t look amused with this decision, but she owed Dr. Knightfall for getting her out of the GCPD. “Ok.” was all she said as she stood up from the table. She felt so naked without her armor or weapons but she had to abide by the rules of the city in order to get out drawing more attention to herself. The less attention drawn to her, the better. But it was fine… she would return to the GCPD later on tonight and steal her items back in silence. At least she still had her MAG roap. The officers didn’t realize those were weapons as well.

Walking into the restroom So-so began washing her face. The sweat from earlier that day. She really should take a shower… but she didn’t have extra clothes with her. As she grabbed a face towel that was set next to the sink, she pat her face dry as she could suddenly hear the news on the TV playing in the background. Ashley must have been watching it.

“Oh my god.” She could hear the shock in the doctors voice and So-so couldn’t help but walk into the area to see an all too familiar woman on TV.

National Track Star Kristina Huntington murdered today during a track meet in Connecticut-
National Track Star Kristina Huntington murdered today during a track meet in Connecticut-

Her eyes widen as she watched Zeon attacking a young woman. No.. not attacking, killing her. The words exchanged by the two were unable to be heard by the cameras but she knew what was going on. She knew what was happening. Zeon was finally doing what she declared she would. Snuffing out the Liafador family. This girl must have had Liafadfor blood. Zeon wasn’t one to attack people without reason. But that meant that Catalina… oh no. “I have to go.” So-so spoke as she walked over to the table and grabbed the book.

“What? Why?” Ashley asked as stood up from where she was sitting. “What about your mission?”

The young assassin shook her head. “I need to get back to the one who has treated me like family. I was… wrong for leaving.”

“Why not at least rest? You can leave in the morning, I’ll even get my private jet to take you where you need to go, ok?”

She took in a breath. It would be faster than sneaking on a cargo ship and she was tired from her long day. She nod her head. “Ok. But I have to leave at sunrise.”

Dr. Knightfall nod her head. “Ok.” The two didn’t spend much time together, but Ashley had learned over the years that once someone like So-so had her mind set on something… there was no changing their minds. She turned off the TV. “I’ll make the calls I need to so we can leave first thing. Go rest, ok?”

So-so nod her head as she walked to the guest bedroom with her book in hand. As she opened the door to the guest room she was suddenly face to face with the infamous grey skinned woman who beheaded Kristina Huntington. She didn’t have time to say anything, Zeon reached out and grasped the young girl by the throat, holding her up above the ground.

I never forget a Liafador
I never forget a Liafador

“You thought I would forget about you?” She sneered as she brought the girl’s face inches from her. The heat of her breath pressing against So-so’s face as her hands wrapped around Zeon’s. “I never forget a Liafador.” So-so then lift her legs up and slammed them into Zeon’s stomach, causing her to lose her grip on the trained assassin as she gasped for air.

“You’re mistaken.” So-so coughed as she began backing away, creating a distance between the two. “I’m not a-”

“Silence! I can smell Ziccarra’s blood flow through you.” She began walking forward as she drew her blade, it reflecting the light inside the home as she did so. “You’re a fool if you haven’t put it all together already. Quintus chose you to go retrieve Ziccarra’s belongings from The Pit. The place where ONLY Liafadors can survive. Why do you think he hasn’t killed you yet for leaving him? Why do you think you still breath freedom? Because you’re not just any Liafador. You are of his blood too. Born from Quintus and Ziccarra’s tainted daughter. You carry the Liafador and Knightfall blood in your veins.”

She was shocked. This whole time… it made sense. Why Catalina was so open to accepting her. Why she treated her like family. Did she know? Did Catalina know they were related? She should have never left. She should have listened to her. “I’m a Liafador…” she whispered as she realized that name,Car'ra Knightfall… that was HER name. Her mother was Isadora Knightfall. Catalina was her aunt… Mari was her cousin.

“And now you shall fall as I bleed dry the bloodline of Isadora Knightall.” Zeon launched herself forward with her blade with amazing speeds.

But The Liafador/Knightfall was not only faster but was able to read her movements thanks to the special Knightfall DNA that she inherited from her mother. Her nimble body allowing her to step out of the way of the blade as then back flipped away from her, creating distance again. “NO!” She shouted as she began focusing on her breathing, summoning her Cardinal skills but not just any Cardinal Skill… The Red Dragon. A method of breathing that allows So-so to tap into her body's full potential. A normal human uses but 30% of their body's strength so RD is used to tap into that other 70%.

No Caption Provided

Zeon’s body turned to face So-so as she felt the shift in the tiny warrior’s body. But before she could move forward, a syringe was lodged into Zeon’s neck as fluid was injected by none other than Ashley Knightfall. Before she could pull the needle out Zeon grasped the doctor by her wrist and with an angry growl pulled her over her shoulder and threw her across the room and into her glass window wall. Her body slammed into it, causing it to crack under pressure but not broken. So-so got into a defense position in front of Ashley. Ready to attack.

The doctor groaned as she struggled to stand behind So-so. “She’s injected with a hallucinate. It should be taking effect right about-”

Zeon stood could be seen shaking her head. Her vision had began to shift as a figure stood before her. “Ziccarra?!” Zeon roared as she saw her aunt standing before her. “How are you here?” The assassin and the doctor began to slowly move away from the window. But before they could a flash of hellfire was shot out as Zeon let out a feral howl. While she wasn't trying to aim at the two Knightfalls, the flame came right at them and while So-so tried to use her own body to shield Ashley, it was the doctor who embraced the child and used her own body to shield against the tainted flames. She let out a scream of pain as the force of the fire caused the two to be pushed out the window. The glass shattered all around them as the cool night air pressed against their body, the flames that were still clinging to Ashley's coat put out by the force of wind hitting their bodies as they free fell down to the city below.

“Doctor!” So-so yelled as she felt Ashley’s grasp only tighten. So-so used one arm to wrap around Ashley’s waist as she threw out her other arm towards the building. Her MAG rope shot out as the end of it lodged itself into the building as she began to try and maneuver the two safely to the ground.

Ashley was heard groaning in pain as she dropped to her knees. Her entire back burned as smoke emitted off her body. So-so quickly took off what was left of her white coat and tossed it on the ground. She had to get to the hospital. Quickly. As she attempted to put her arms under Ashley’s to help her up, the doctor protested. “N-no. You need to go to your family.” She grunted in pain.

“You heard?”

“Yes, now go, hurry.”

“Then you heard you’re my family too.” So-so refused to leave the doctors side.

Ashley stood up, wincing in pain as she looked down upon the young girl. “Then listen to your elder. Go to the Liafadors, they need you more. I’ll be fine. Promise. Trust me, I'm a doctor.”

“What about Zeon?”

The doctor gave a light chuckle as she looked up where her penthouse would be. “She’s living in a nightmare right about now. She wont be a problem for a few hours.”

“Thank you.” Was all So-so said before bowing at the waist to the fellow Knightfall before walking away. It was time for the Liafador to return back to her family.

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17089 Feral Nova  Moderator
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: I need this damn winery interaction to finish!

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17091 Feral Nova  Moderator

@feral_nova: I need this damn winery interaction to finish!

WHO ARE WE WAITING ON!? IS IT LAMAR!? I'M ABOUT TO BAN HIM >_>

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17093 Feral Nova  Moderator
Avatar image for raysh_al_shaytan
Raysh_Al_Shaytan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

. “Why do you think he hasn’t killed you yet for leaving him? ”

"I'll get around to that, dont worry"
Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17095 Feral Nova  Moderator

@perdidacardenal said:

. “Why do you think he hasn’t killed you yet for leaving him? ”

"I'll get around to that, dont worry"

>____> take your time please and thank you

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whew! Good to know Zeon's not that reckless.

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: I dont know what you worried about. You're 2-0 against me lol