User Lists: 0

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@damian_knight: @dwronin:This will be my first fight arc, so if I no-sell something let me know. I dont think I have but just let me know if I do.

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian's eyes narrowed as he held his two blades in his hands, the flaming demon to the right of him held himself in confusion and Damian held himself with righteous fury, the Transhuman assassin shifted his hand to his gauntlet and pressed his finger to a button on his glove, and he waited.

And so he stared at Ronin, and stared at the fiery demon, his eyes taking in every movement, every twitch in muscle, or bone, and so when the arrows came out...Damian was ready, springing into action, when the arrow hit Beelzebubs wheels Damian was already on the move; shifting his feet he felt the air hiss as the arrow shot at his feet. With a slight twist of the flat of his blade, he would hit the arrow at its end and force the shaft into his hand, now holding the arrow tightly he would watch as Ronin darted away pulling the water tower down beneath him and Damian pick up his gear and sprint towards Beelzebub.

Ronin attacked him, which made it obvious, this man was now Damian's ally, "You get him from below, I'll get him from the sky." Then Rogue went and dived off the edge of the building.

The air tore at his face and his body free fell towards the ground.

No Caption Provided

But his body never hit, instead, Damian's form was whisked into the driver's seat of his plane the "Raven" placing Will's gear beside him Damian would grab the controls and yank them to the side performing a sharp turn as he gained speed.

Staying above the rooftops he pressed the comm button on the front panel of the plane and sighed in relief as his fathers partner King answered.

{What's up Damian?}

His voice soothed Damian overand the young hero replied back, "Look on the computers, can you see the man I'm chasing?"

{Sure}

"Check the surrounding buildings, he's killed several people. His first attack was on a Tesla, Model X I think, find out who the driver was, then try and link the other murders, he attacked a restaurant next, blew up most of the establishment, see if any of them were related in some way to the first victim. Let me know what you find."

{What are you gonna do in the meantime?}

A scoff would exit the assassin's mouth as he followed the killer and the demon, "I'm gonna light his shit up of course."

Then with a flick of a button the Ravens weapons systems were activated and Damian grinned deeply, "Have fun funker"

Twin barrels begin heating up and spinning and began loading rubber versions of .950 JDJ rounds. Damian knew that the power behind these rubber bullets alone could kill a regular human rubber or not, but Damian didn't really care, locking on to Oz's fleeing form he began hailing them down, aiming for joints, legs, anything that could get this guy to stop running.

But then Damian said. "Oh to Hell with this." And he lined up for a headshot, and he let one fly, wondering what was about to happen.

He hoped the Demon was aware of what was happening and was working to learn what was going on as well, it would be a lot easier if they were on the same page.

Beelzebub_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside of obvious 1v1, is there a posting order?

Kaine_Reilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beelzebub_:

No, you can go-ahead I think, that's why I posted the way I did.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beelzebub_: Yeah you can go again, I probably won't post anything till tonight. Then Damian can go after me and we can keep that order if that's cool with everyone

Beelzebub_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damian_knight: @dwronin:

No Caption Provided

Beelzebub attention was fixed on the fleeing Ronin, but a quick glance at his rear mirror finally eased some anxiety, as he saw an aircraft take flight from nowhere also in the direction of the fleeing Ronin. It banked suddenly, changing its vantage points with its aerial maneuvers proving this version of the Red Jay was not only capable but well equipped. It lacked size, but Beelzebub knew from how it maneuvered that wasn't the intent of the aircraft. That plane was designed to be a predator, and the Ronin was its prey.

I have to get me one of those, Beelzebub said with a gruesome chuckle. Ronin was able to continue his game of chase quiet well for a person on foot. Obviously the assassin had received some enhancements in order to maintain such an effort with Beelzebub committing chase in his car while Damian hovered the sky. It was then Beelzebub could hear the shell casings of Damian's aerial attack rattle his roof top like rain .

Mother funker, Beelzebub shouted as sirens quickly drowned his expletive. He was doing his best to keep up with the fleet footed assassin as hail sized casings rattled his vehicle, but his agitation was more concentrated on the multiple blue flashing lights which now canvased his view in his rear view mirror. Maybe it was them finally arriving at the scene of Ronin's explosions, or maybe it Damian unleashing World War Three upon the rooftops of Gothic, or maybe Beelzebub's day was continuing to deteriorate as he just happened to get involved in the undesired action.

No Caption Provided

The police couldnt get involved in this matter. The farther they were from the action the safer they were. Luckily, they happened to be in pursuit of the select few that could lose his tail. His foot powered down upon the clutch as one hand shifted the gear to neutral while pulling the car's emergency break seemingly in one motion. The other hand felt the steering wheel rotate within his gentle grasp as the car drifted onto another street. His view shifted back toward Damian and Ronin and back again to the street which greeted him. As long as Damian continued his assault from the sky, he knew the chase was ongoing. He had managed some separation between he and the GCPD but he still wanted to lose his trail more. Beelzebub guided onto the sidewalk, striking parked cars in a demonstration of demolition derby. He would show he would not discriminate as he swerved onto the other side of the street, bypassing the oncoming traffic and striking the parked cars of the other side. One by one, parked cars flew and littered the street as they began to form barriers that slowed the GCPD, extending his distance of his pursuers more and more as each parked car piled up due to his wake. Once they were nothing more but a memory in his mirror, Beelzebub floored the car, his foot seemingly flooring the pedal as hard as he could, unleashing a torrent of flames from his exhaust as the car jettisoned through a glass building lobby and escaping through the other end of the building back onto the street which the chase had begun. Beelzebub slapped the steering wheel repeatedly with joy as he continued his chase. There is only one speed demon in this mother funking city.

This Red Jay was no dummy, as Beelzebub realized his attack not only unleashed an assault of heavenly proportions, it also seemed to direct Ronin toward the pier, using the city's natural surroundings as a choke point. The kid may have been trigger happy, but Ronin was the first problem he had to solve. What came from the new Red Jay would be an entirely different situation. Ronin was going down.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One fact Ozzy Winters learned while watching himself as The Umbra Soldier, an autonomous body with an unbreakable fortitude in following it's given orders, was how precise it's actions and senses were when it didn't have a conscious to get in it's way. Ronin had pushed passed what was believed to be humanly possibly, but he was still just that...human. Yet, he was amazed to see his senses used in such an unheard of way.

Everything around him began to lose focus, all but the stealth plane in the sky, the demonically possessed car in the streets, and the building he believed his target to be located in. Even though he was against immeasurable odds, facing two dangerous opponents, if a doctor could check his pulse, they would be surprised to read that it wasn't above anything seen by an olympic athlete.

His exhaustedly trained senses allowed him to pick up on the hum of the Raven's barrels, which was great luck considering he'd have been knocked out or even killed by the barrage of bullets soon to fall down on him. Still, Ronin was no Alexander West and would not be able to openly dodge ninety-five percent of those rubber bullets. The assassin dove to the right, taking cover behind a couple of roof mounted ventilation units.

For the first time The Umbra Soldier's plan was upheaved, stopped completely in his tracks. He was pinned down and his trained sense of hearing was useless, thanks to the pounding of the Raven's ammunition against the metal vent. In an uncharacteristic glimpse of anger he slammed his robotic fist into the roofs concrete. Following this act of uncontrolled emotion, The Umbra Soldier unwisely stuck his head out from cover to see his aerial attacker.

Damian was ready and waiting, sending a deadly shot aimed for the the killers head. What happened next would haunt Ozzy Winters for long nights to come, the fact that he'd willing help the monster he'd become was that of instinctual self preservation, but he'd never forgive himself for such a selfish choice. With the combined speed and willpower of both The Umbra Soldier and Ozzy Winters, their arms shot up for cover.

The bullet smashed into the thick vibranium plates housed in the forearms of his suit, he could feel the bones break of his right arm in four places as his body ungracefully barrel rolled back. The arm was in immense pain and would soon be useless once it swelled up, still his suit did it's work, pinpointing the damage and putting pressure on it. During the roll the assassin had lost his mask, cutting up his now revealed face in the process.

A feeling began to bubble up passed the one of pain, Rage.Ozzy was surprised by this, never seeing his possessed body show any sign of emotion, what did this mean? The soldier clenched his fists into the rocks littered across the roof. Finally he stood up, staring down the teenager in the cockpit who had stopped shooting after the headshot. I'm going to kill him. For the first time in his life Ronin heard a thought not of his own.

No Caption Provided

Before he could rationally question this new development, he was jerked back into the fight, watching as his body charged towards Damians plane. He raised his arm up, shooting a grappling hook at a noticeable seam in it's metal hull. If Damian did not maneuver the plane out of the way, he would activate the gauntlet, causing his body to glide through the air and onto the stealth fighter. He would then try his best, with the strength of his robotic arm, to rip the aircraft canopy off it's hinges, leaving the successor of Red Jay open for further attack.

No Caption Provided

If the assassin was not successful at hooking the plane, due to an outmaneuvering by Damian Knight, his hook would instead arch up and then down, hooking onto a lower rooftop railing. He would then jump down in a swing down motion, slowing down his momentum with the attached cable and landing on the street. The Umbra Soldier would violently commodore a civilians Harley-Davidson Street 750 and continue towards the Gothic Pier. He was late, his target would no longer be in their apartment, instead on their way to their private Yacht.

Adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is turning into Fast and Furious 10

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Get Mad. Come on man do something stupid.

Damian even over the roar of bullets could hear the snap of bone, and his face lit up in joy, he knew that shit hurt. Hell, it kinda hurt him to just hearthat. But Damian's harsh rage blinded any sympathy that he might have had normally, and he wouldn't have had sympathy in any situation anyway. Now with Ronin's mask gone Damian could get a good look at his face, and he squinted his eyes as he gazed at his now cut up features, and he saw rage, pure rage.

And Damian laughed.

He laughed loudly.

He had gotten him to crack twice, though he didn't know that there was a dual consciousness in Ronin's body he knew how it felt to be completely driven in a goal, to never waver in a strike, to never show emotion, maybe that was why Damian was the way he was, maybe that's why through every change in his personality he grew louder, more snarky. Because he had been raised cold and emotionless, and he was tired of it.

If Ronin was pissed off at Damian and that kept him distracted from his next target then, by all means, he would be glad to take the heat.

That's why when Ronin sent a grapple towards his plane Damian didn't move out of the way, he welcomed it.

Looking down at the Demon's flaming vehicle he would pull out one of his Wingdings and press the recording button.

"Hey, Fire creature, I'm coming down, and I better not get burned!"

Then cracking his window open he would aim and fire with such insane accuracy it seemed inhuman, but the vibranium projectile soared with precision and daring, striking inside Beelzebub's car next to his dashboard.

Now there was Ronin to deal with. Unlatching his seatbelt and putting on Damian would look upwards as suddenly the Raven's canopy was torn open, and Oz stared at him from above. His cape beneath him he would rise until he was standing face to face with Oz, but Damian's head was tilted down, his face covered by shadow

He had gotten the Ronin to crack, he had gotten him to abandon his mission to focus on Damian's demise, and so Rogue had forged a new plan, instead of just cracking Ronin, he was going to shatter him.

So as Damian lifted his head, in his arrogant triumph, he smirked - just a small pouting of the lips; a narrowing of the eyes and a tilting of the head. It was so subtle, so slight it made it even better for him. "You. Are a fool masquerading as a threat."

No Caption Provided

Then Damian did something unexpected, instead of fighting as he so wanted to do, he would attempt to grab Ronin with his uninjured arm and force him into the cockpit, then he backflipped off the ship, his laugh piercing the night sky, and he shouted "Raven! Self-Destruct!" Then he straightened out and plummeted at a diagonal angle towards the flaming demon.

He could feel the heat of the explosion as he shot through the cold, slicing air, extending the wings from his cape he would begin gliding towards Beelzebub until he would then smash into the car through the roof.

Looking at the flaming demon through the burning car he'd look at him wondering if he was soon going to begin cooking, if not then he would smile.

"Head towards the dock, his target's there, he's so driven that he never tried to divert us away from who he's actually going for, he's gone in a single direction since he killed his last victim. Can you put some juice in this thing, and we can set up before he gets there, and we'll end this."

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damian_knight: badass post, sounds good!! I'll wait for Beelzebub's post to respond

Beelzebub_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: @damian_knight:

Beelzebub had just recovered back onto the street which the aerial battle waged above the Gothic City sky line. The pitch of his Hellish exhaust would rise every time he shifted the car into another gear. He had recovered to pace the Raven once more, his grip steady and ready for the opportunity to get his chance. There was a small thud upon his dashboard which broke his concentration, as he noticed one of Red Jay's Wingadings impaled itself into the leather canvas. He had seen the previous Red Jay utilize such a device, some light weight but durable metal pinched together at the center which distributed the weight evenly, making it a true and lethal throwing device. There were some modifications to it, making it Damian's own, such as the red beacon glaring in his face until he finally touched it, revealing the voice of Damian and his temperament.

"Hey, Fire creature, I'm coming down, and I better not get burned!"

He would roll his eyes harshly if the curse did not morph his facial appearance to nothing more than bone and flame. There were some resemblances to his predecessor, Will, but his arrogance was something on another level. It reminded him of...himself, or at least how others would voice their distrust to once Ruby member of the Academy of Gifted Students. Either way, it appeared as if the young one had discovered a plan. Now all he had to do was wait for his signal.

They sky erupted in a large cloud of flame and debris. He noticed a figure escape from the fiery mass, almost free falling from its height until it unleashed a set of wings which slowed his descent. Damian had obviously escaped the destruction of his plane. Beelzebub only assumed Ronin would have as well by the recent showing of feet and skill. It was a sudden crash in the vehicle as Damian landed next to him, the roof of the car healing quickly like a superficial wound.

Here, I think you lost this, Beelzebub gestured at his Wingading, flipping it back to its owner in a flippant manner. Beelzebub would raise two fingers at Damian as he smiled. One. This does not make us partners. I don't even need a side-kick. He would then just show one finger, Obviously you have some plan. Crazy psycho assassins seem to be your demographic.

Head towards the dock, his target's there...Can you put some juice in this thing, and we can set up before he gets there, and we'll end this."

No Caption Provided

His ghoulish glare would lock onto Damian's as he shifted to top gear, his foot pressing upon the pedal to it hit the floor. There was a sudden snap in the car which made Beelzebub himself snap back in his seat as if the car was possessed, for it was, its metal frame exceeding its designed limits much like how his own physical stats were excelled by the curse. Though the speedometer touched the top limit of its designed speed, the duo knew they were exceeding such a limit. I thought you never would ask.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damian_knight: @beelzebub_:

The split second stare between the two fighters, lasted for much longer in the assassins mind. He was sizing up the hero before him, picking apart his every action, his every word, as he figured out the obstacle that was Damian Knight. "You are a fool masquerading as a threat." He spat out with a mocking grin, a grin the assassin almost wanted to mimic. The hero thought he could shaken the resolve of The Umbra Soldier, which was like trying to halt a freight train with a couple of bad words. He was angry yes, but that would only add fuel to the burning fire that was being set across all of Gothic.

The Umbra Soldier wasn't human anymore, but it had an encyclopedia of human emotions it could shuffle though and pick apart, allowing him to figure out what Damian was trying to do. Because of this, he would allow the teenage fighter to grapple him into the pilot seat. "Raven! Self-Destruct!" He commanded, falling out of the plane. Damian thought he would nearly kill Ronin and piss off whatever was left of him. The Umbra Soldier would allow this to be believed.

Finally, The Soldier did mimic Damians grin, wrapping his hands around the steering device he spun the Raven upside down and activated a EMP blast from his cybernetic left arm. The blast would shut off the power of the plane, causing it to begin free falling, but it would also delay the self destruct mechanism. Sending his robotic elbow back, he smashed the canopy off it's hinges then released himself from the planes cockpit.

No Caption Provided

The plane blew up, scorching Umbra's back, but hopefully also covering his escape as he plummeted down. Finally he hit the ground hard. Breaking his fall with the canopy, he was still in a hell of pain, every nerves in his body was screaming. Still, the Soldier stood up, ripping his burning leather jacket off to reveal his tactical vest. He focused on the parking garage across from the pier, the parking garage his final target would be leaving his car in before his voyage. Thanks to the head start the Raven had given him, he was now ahead of the Harley-Davidson Street 750 he had spotted early, meaning he would go forward with his previous plan b of stealing the ride. He wasn't able to possess the cycle, turning it into a hell machine of supernatural feats, but he had no problem swerving in and out between the traffic. He would enter the the parking garage, in high alert of the heroes who had constantly been in his way.

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17015  Edited By Damian_Knight

Here, I think you lost this

Damian would catch his projectile without looking and stare at the road as they shattered speed limits, Damian would admit that it was exhilarating as they sped forward, but of course all things have to come to an end as the fiery demon opened it's boned skull and began talking.

One. This does not make us partners. I don't even need a side-kick. Obviously you have some plan. Crazy psycho assassins seem to be your demographic.

Damian would turn his head towards him and raise two of his own fingers. "One, Yes, I'm aware of that, I will still kick your ass if you get in my way. Also, you came late Ghost Rider, so you'd be my sidekick. Two: Damian's face would break out in a smirk as he put a finger down, "I always have a plan."

As they continued to speed forward Damian would speak, "His target's at the pier, if he fits the M.O of the other victims he'll probably be rich, probably important, and if he's going on the water he's probably not going to be in a run-down boat."

Reaching into his belt he would pull out a comm device and hand it do Beelzebub, "Put this somewhere on that burning face of yours so we can communicate. I want you out of sight until I say so, I'm guessing you have no stealth training? If not you and that bonfire are just going to get in my way, but, you're also useful to me. I'll need you and that fire of yours. I'll also need you to hold our hostages while I mess with the psycho."

If Beezlebub asked about what Damian was talking about he would bare his teeth in a slight smirk and remain silent. And when they reached the parking garage next to the pier, Damian would get out and pull out several gadgets from his belt, including several thermite, cryo, acidic and impulse grenades.

"I'd say we have ten, maybe fifteen minutes before he gets here, plenty of time, I'm going to force him to think, the more he thinks the more mistakes he's prone to make by overthinking. I want him able to come from one entrance only. The Front."

Once that was said Damian would nod to the demon and vanish out of view. The first thing he did was find the target, and with a swift chop to the neck, he was out, the teen assassin would carry his body to a place where Beelzebub could retrieve it and he would then do the same to any other bystanders.

Then the real fun began.

The moment Ronin entered the premises of the Parking Garage he would notice several things. First of them being a large arrow drawn on the ground in crimson red, almost like blood. The arrow pointed to the only actual entrance that wouldn't attempt to harm him.

But, Damian knew that Ronin wasn't going to trust his word, which made Damian snicker a little, the pier and dock itself had a lot of covers, and Damian was currently perched on a tall observation tower where he had a view of everything, cloaked in shadow.

If Ronin attempted to enter the left entrance, he would find explosive gel lining the entry way, and a proximity explosive that would trigger when he got to close, Damian made sure to add a lot of explosive gel in the case that Ronin managed to trick the system, and set off the explosive with some other means, he would still potentially get caught in the explosion, to Damian explosives were kind of a gag with him now, and he expected Ronin to be wary of it, and if he got through this way an explosive would set off another charge, blocking the rest of the entryway, forbidding exit from that direction.

Now if Ronin tried to enter from the right or back entrance he would find the same trap: Acid.

Placed at the traps were several pellets of Azidoazide Azide C2N14, the slightest rustle of movement would cause these acidic pellets to very violently blow up.

If he attempted to use any of the rooftops nearby he would be met with knockout gas that would attempt to make him lose consciousness Damian had taken not of his lack of mask from before, if this happened and succeeded Damian would then attempt to Hogtie his unconscious body.

And if he attempted to get in via the sky, Damian would be perched with several razor-sharp projectiles in his hand ready to snipe him out of the air.

But if Ronin wasn't knocked out, burned to death, or completely blown up, he had two options, go through Damian's entrance where he would find no resistance, or go home.

We all know Ronin's not leaving.

So when he in whichever way he gains entry to the Pier he would find the area empty, boats sloshing across the dock and water gently sloshing on the wood.

No Caption Provided

Then Damian would strike, throwing down a dozen or so smoke pellets combined with tear gas Damian would leap from his perch and disapparate, placing a mask on his face to protect himself and streaking from the shadows into the smoke he would sprint forward, The Damian was no more than a distortion of the light, a human cut out of colours that weren't right. Where he moved the things behind it appeared bowed, as if looked at through a mild fish-eye lens. Then as quickly as he came, he left, without leaving so much as a foot impression in the mud of the docks, and then he attacked, leaping at Ronin he would twist his torso around attempting to slam the heel of his foot into Oz's neck, then he would take a single pellet of Acetylene gas out of his pouch and slam it across the ground.

In a final moment of resolve, Damian would attempt to hook his arms around Ronin's in a gain to keep him still, then he would thrust his foot towards Oz's kneecap trying to buckle his legs or break his kneecap, if he had Ronin secured he would scream to Beelzebub, "FIREBALL THE GAS NOW!" Damian was completely fine with being caught in the crossfire if it meant taking this guy down.

No Caption Provided

If things went according to plan Damian would rise up, his Red Jay uniform would be shredded leaving him in original tunic once again, blood ran down the side of his face and burns covered his cheek, but the Parahuman-Posthuman mix would slowly rise to his feet trying to mask the pain that enveloped his body.

I hate getting burned.

Looking at Ronin hurt or not Damian would spit a glob of blood out of his mouth as he took a fighting stance. He was damn near out of gadgets, and one of his arms were badly wounded, but Damian was still going to fight. He could only hope that Ronin was as injured as he was, or sluggish from his attacks. He also hoped that if he went down, the demon could take up the attack.

"Let's end this..."

Beelzebub_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: @damian_knight: I left this short cuz I wanted to see what Ronin was going to do.

The moment they had reached the pier, Damian had given his plan to subdue Ronin. Beelzebub would have replied harshly in his own way, but there was something that was not quite right in the vicinity, which held his tongue back. It lingered in the air, almost like it was enticing the power which now cursed him, and as such he did not lash out at Damian verbally.

The plan was as solid as it could get. Beelzebub noticed the fallen person by the hands of Damián. He was a man of fair size, but to one who could punch through cars, it was not an obstacle as he lifted the man and threw him into the trunk, not wanting to risk any more complications to capture Ronin.

With the target in hand, Beelzebub then drove his car along the coast line which the pier shared. He settled along a brightly lit shipping area, using the massive flood lighting to conceal the flames which the car exuded while keeping Damian in sight. The environment was not a factor, for be it on road or by water, nothing could stop vengeance as his hand gripped his steering wheel waiting for the signal while leaving

He would wait for a big enough commotion that Damian would create, the communications device just a secondary assurance to the fight which would to come. If Ronin would have surprised Damian he would be ready to accelerate into action at a moments call. No matter how the coming battle transpired, he would be ready upon Damian's call.

No Caption Provided

He would accelerate the car as fast as they arrived to the pier, riding along road and water leaving a trail of flames as he proceeded to his target. Beelzebub would recognize Damian's intent willing to push through the gas filled area with his vehicle ablaze, igniting the source into an explosive boom which would set the area ablaze as if a bomb had hit it. The explosion would not be the only attack as the blast would have effected the soft tissue more harshly than the metal hull of his car, which he would use as protection as he sought to cripple Ronin. Beelzebub would have also drove through the blast, targeting both Damian and Ronin in his course. If he were to strike the duo it would have severely impaired the duo, leaving both weakened by the crash and the blast, while leaving an opening for Beelzebub to intervene.. If they were to evade the collision, it would have slowed either to be consumed by the total blast as they took protective measures from the intended crash for only the explosion to consume them completely.

Either way, when Ronin was in sight, he would leave the car, chair in hand ready to finish the fight which he was now apart.

Beelzebub_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17017  Edited By Beelzebub_

@dwronin: @damian_knight: I don't know how Ronin is going to enter the fight. I don't know who would come across victorious between Ronin and Damian. I do think Damian is a scorched Earth dude and setting the gas in the area as either a tactical advantage or desperate plea for help is how I decided to come in. I await your response

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damian_knight: @beelzebub_:

Thanks to the speed boost of The Raven and Harley, Ronin would be entering the parking garage faster than his opponents were expecting him, if they were expecting him at all. Having eyes on all of the entrances, Ronin was able to pick up on Damians plan, at least the big picture of it. The arrow was an invitation, an invitation to test both of the fighters skills and see who was the better man. He knew the rest of the entrances would be rigged with one trap or the other, but the young hero was too cocky to want to end the fight like that, he'd give Ronin one opportunity to be unscathed before the two would meet.

Twisting the throttle, The Umbra Soldier smirked as he saw the possessed vehicle leaving the scene. Why else would he leave Damian alone? Sure, he could see Damian wanting to face the assassin one on one because he was stubborn, but he didn't think the other would be ok with that if he was also trying to protect the innocent and put Ronin down. With that logic, it was easy to see Beelzebub was taking the "target" safely away. Another uncharacteristic smirk spread across his face as he entered the parking garage, instead of following the Hell Chariot. He was sure the target was with Beelzebub, but he needed to be 100% certain, otherwise he would have actually just left.

The Umbra Soldier entered the arrowed entrance, surveying the area in the seconds he had left. Spotting the explosive gel lining the walls of the left entrance, he swung the bike to it, lifting it up by the back wheel and sending the bike phantoming towards the proximity detectors. Damian's smoke and tear gas attacks were released, but would not be as effective as they should be thanks to the oncoming explosion.

The motorcycle blew into many pieces, flying at the two combatants. Ronin was ready, rolling away from the oncoming mechanical debris aimed at the two. What was left of smoke and tear gas left him with a slight dizziness, but not enough to affect his motor skills thanks to most of it being dissipated by the explosion and his own tolerance training.

Removing a military issued KA-BAR combat knife, he held in his right hand in an attack stance for close quarters combat. He didn't see where the hero had disappeared, but he was ready to finally end this and with his full attention on Damian he was planning on it. Pivoting his left foot and swinging his right into a new position, he adjusted himself, avoiding the aerial throat kick and instead swinging his vibranium blade to slash at his attackers achilles heel. He did not avoid the synching of his right arm, instead welcoming it. He tightened the hold himself, raising the leg Damian aimed for to immobilizing Oz, instead causing Damians boots to hit his shin, instead of the knee cap. The shot screamed up his side, but it was not enough to stop the the Assassin as he wound his left arm back, aiming to smash the cybernetic fist into the heroes face. He wouldn't stop there, bringing the fist back and forth as the two were snared to each other, aiming for his throat and then the right side of his ribs.

He planned on hitting him some more, hoping to pick the teenage hero apart, but he was interrupted by Damian's command to light this place up. His plan was a suicide mission, one that would take the assassin down with him. The Umbra Soldiers eyes darted at the Acetylene gas on the floor, then at the flaming charger seconds away from their location. The burns would hurt, but the incoming car crash could prove to be fatal.

Ozzy Winters watched the combat with baited breath, all of The Umbra Soldiers thoughts, plans, and threat detections spiraling in his own mind. He didn't want the hero to die, hell.. he'd be happy if the hero killed Oz, so in one fleeting opportunity, Oz used the intense concentration his darker self was displaying, to adjust the assassins escape plan. So instead of the Umbra Soldier shooting a grappling hook back, hoping to avoid the deadly blast and impact and attempt to leave Damian Knight to his own death, he would use all his willpower to force his darker half to tightened his grip on the hero even further, bringing Damian with him as the explosion burned at both of their backs.

This tactic of escape would not be pretty, causing Ronin and possibly Damian to fall into the mud and be scorched by the flames, but still the two would be alive. Finally The Umbra Soldier rose up as well, his body covered his burns, right arm broken, left leg swelling, but his willpower was perfectly intact.

Finally, in another uncharacteristic move, The Umbra Soldier finally spoke. "You want to hear the funniest part about the man you have in the trunk?" He accompanied his words with action, removing a katana from his back and three cylinder devices from his belt. "He's the one that hired us, he wanted his partner out of the way so he could sell the cure to the highest bidder. Killing him is plan B, plan A is to get him to safety." Umbra didn't elaborate, sure that Damian understood the picture if he was able to successfully identify the target. He told the hero this to shock him and keep him off balance, but he wouldn't give him much time to think about it, instead lunging forward.

Swinging the blade inverted from the ground up, he would attempt to slash the hero from the left hip all the way up to his right shoulder. In the same movement, he would use the momentum, to spin around and meet Damian again slashing at his stomach, hoping to spill the heroes guts. Simultaneously with the second attack, he would throw the cylinder devices at the car housing his target. The devices would activate, revealing themselves to be mini propulsion jets that would send the car rolling, aiming to have it hit the driver who had stepped out.

Finally Ronin would roll away onto the docks edge, aiming his back at the ocean behind him. He had both combatants in his visual and was ready for this fight, but before any of them could send out a string of further attacks, a third party entered the sky. Up above two swat attack planes entered their vision, a spot light aimed at the three enhanced men. Speaking out of a megaphone, a swat team leader spoke. "PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN. ANY FURTHER ACTIONS WILL BE IDENTIFIED AS FURTHER VIOLENCE AND WE WILL BE FORCED TO PUT YOU DOWN!" And they meant it, the six men hovering above them were housed with assault rifles aimed at their own targets. The Umbra Soldier would smirk at the combatants before him, deciding to let them make the next move.

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17021  Edited By Damian_Knight

Knife.

The glint of Vibranium was the only tell of attack that allowed Damian to react, by shifting his stance again managed to avoid the slice to his Achilles tendon. But when Damian wrapped his around the arms of Ronin things began to appear bad for the Grandson Of The Demon, using Damian's own lock against him he felt the cold metal of Ronin's arm smash against his face, his nose snapped on contact, Damian's blood tastes sweet, leaking around his teeth and over freshly cold lips, escaping as if it never knew it was welcome to stay. It has a smell, an odour. The bleeding continues, crimson red in the night time. And Damian scowled as he blocked the hit to the throat, but this left him open to the hit to the ribs and he let out a shriek as the sudden pain enveloped his body as six of his ribs snapped.

As the explosion went off per his orders Damian smirked as the heat reached his body Nicely done Demon, but he wasn't expecting Ronin to lift both himself and Damian off the ground.

This isn't going according to plan.

The two hit the mud and rolled away and Damian would rise to his feet slowly, the teen hero was scorched, his ribs crackling underneath his skin making it excruciating to breath, yet Damian looked at Ronin and saw he looked even worse then he did, and he smirked, Damian's his head was bleeding immensely and his domino mask would be ripped at the edges but a tiny motion would tug at his lips.

"Y-You look like shit man." He would laugh and spit onto the ground, his crimson life source staining the floor beneath him.

But what came next made Damian halter a step, because this time...

Ronin spoke back...

"You want to hear the funniest part about the man you have in the trunk?"

Quickly regaining his wits Damian would shrug his shoulder and say with slight absence of breath "No, n-not really, but I bet you're gonna tell me anyway."

And to his satisfaction he was right.

No Caption Provided

"He's the one that hired us, he wanted his partner out of the way so he could sell the cure to the highest bidder. Killing him is plan B, plan A is to get him to safety."

"Not surprised, I'll handle him after I handle you." But it made him frown a bit at the word us. And Damian knew that if there was an accomplice in this then he was toast, so he pressed a button on his gauntlet signaling his father in case he needed assistance.

Then Ronin struck again.

Scowling in pain Damian sidestepped the katana strike and laughed, if Ronin wanted to play with swords Hafid al Knight Ibn al Xu'ffasch would certainly oblige.

No Caption Provided

Rolling back as Ronin sliced at him Damian would spring up unsheathing his own blade in response when Ronin struck next Damian would parry and let the impact of the strike carry his body slightly he then whipped around with incredible speed and skill to clash steel. He held the blade even, a perfect, undaunted horizon; and without pausing in his attack he would spring out his legs looking to smash his right foot into Oz's injured arm, Damian's speed and coordination with a blade was something that left him unrivaled in the Caste, something even his father envied.

No Caption Provided

But when Oz shot the devices towards the Car, the young Rogue would shout "NO!" And shoot the grapple gun in his gauntlet at the Demon in an attempt to pull him out of the car's way. Then Damian in one last-ditch effort, would leap at Ronin, his small body balancing on Ronin's potentially readied sword, and he would clench his superhuman legs and backflip backward in the possibility that his foot would connect with the underside of Oz's jaw with enough pressure and speed to knock him out, or even down.

"This is over." The Assassin would say, and almost as an answer to his statement helicopter blades began slicing the air above them and a voice would boom down:

"PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN. ANY FURTHER ACTIONS WILL BE IDENTIFIED AS FURTHER VIOLENCE AND WE WILL BE FORCED TO PUT YOU DOWN!"

Deadly alert to Ronin and Beelzebub, and despite what the others would do, and to everyone's surprise with a deadly serious expression on his face...

Damian would sheathe his sword.

And raise his hands in the air.

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17024  Edited By Cutting_Edge

@rosso said:

The Anthophore Skyscraper - 8:30 pm

Goose bumps rose on her skin. The multitude stared, rapt, at the belle of the ball who also happened to be not one of Walter Hughes' esteemed guests, but petty entertainment. Some fixated on the high collar mini dress accentuating the natural curvatures of her well-contoured frame, others concentrating intently on the cards shuffled between her hands. No part of this was new to her - Valentina had been doing coin and card tricks since the age of five and she'd played "magician" for crowds like this almost as much as she played "aspiring model/actress." Then why was she so anxious now?

Her eyes darted about the atrium, finding each one of Hughes' security guards within view - maybe it was them. She placed the deck face-down on the table.

Maybe it was her target himself. The stature. The esteem. The inherent danger posed by he and those surrounding him to one such as herself. One by one she cut and plucked "at random" from the deck, each time pulling an ace, reshuffled, cut and pulled again to reveal the next ace, to a chorus of oohs and ahhs. Finally, with a flourish the entire deck disappeared from her hands just as she took a bow and excused herself from the table, seating herself alongside the in-house bar.

Marlo's Miracle Ace Cutting was a pretty simple trick but it always drew great reactions from the inebriated and sober alike. Omne ignotum pro magnifico. Not one facet of the job was new to her. But maybe the familiarity was most disturbing of all. From the premium tower stretching into the night sky, the wealth of affluent guests living the life she knew she deserved, to the ambitious plot itself; the night bore an eerie resemblance to the night of the botched job that preceded her flight from Madripoor.

No Caption Provided

A heightened rustle broke out over the susurrus of the crowd and many in her immediate vicinity turned to look. Valentina didn't have to turn. She'd sensed their presence well before they entered the room. She'd found she could locate anyone on the compound with a small effort. The lavaliere, now guised as a unique charm bracelet, offered her a more intimate glimpse into their souls than a lover. She looked anyway - the sight never got old. In walked their mountain of a host, at 6'10" standing head and shoulders over everyone in the room, flanked by the mayor, alderman, police commissioner, and a bevy of well-dressed gentlemen she took to be the security detail paving their way through the crowd. There, in a room filled with organized criminal heads, celebrities and socialites, and the last of Gothic's noble families, this handful of individuals made the entire collective seem small by comparison.

As if cued to pull her from her gawking, the bartender clinked a Ferris Wheel down in front of her. Perplexed, Valentina shook her head. "Far be it from me to scoff at a well-made cocktail but I didn't"

"You're workin'. Anything you need is on the house."

Fair enough, she shrugged, did a double-take to give him another head-to-torso scan with her eyes, and began absently toying with the paper parasol. Just a bit, to take the edge off. Gotta stay sharp, wait for my cue. Just a short break, then she'd be back to work. Just a little while before her window closed.

Why am I here again, Steve?” The word “lazily” being moved to audible manifestation, once spoken by The Futurist’s uncaring tone. [In order to improve social status amongst a broader range of people that you have not yet spent a considerable period of time conversing with. As you have instructed, Sir-]“Yeah! I know why, But WWWHHHYYY”[...Sir, need I remind you once more or the very outreach protocol that you enacted-]“Goodbye, Steve.” He tapped his watch, once, killing all vocal contact that he would presumably have with his butler slash artificial adviser for the rest of the night. Forcefully yanking his sleeve over his omnipotent time-piece, he would find himself glaring at the bronze elevator doors with an irritatingly distorted version of himself glared straight back. It was a look of sheer contempt that he could only hold for himself and the situation that he found himself in, as well as the cruel and non-existent gods that sought to place in such a position.

It was a look that had been crafted and consolidated ever since the failure that was the mission to colonize Mars had been developed, a day that would torment him until he brought a drill to his hippocampus. That hack, Marques Nurdstrum, had managed to fail with his attempt of launching the first to group of humans to assemble a Martian colony with the crack team of soldiers and scientists, along with the vast resources being supplied to him by both W.A.R.P. Laboratories and the Humans First Foundation. The aftermath of which caused Arthur to lose over a more than a single billion dollars worth of cash in the process. Though, it wasn’t the pretentious businessman’s fault, he also had to blame the Martin ship that came out of f*****g nowhere, just to annihilate his goals. Now probably soaking up the gems of their new world to squander. Typical. Yet another cruel joke played by the author of his life's sorrows. It twisted his neck in throbbing pain just thinking about it. Some sadistic prick getting off to his woes. A cruel but not unfamiliar sensation.

No Caption Provided

And with that sensation came the sinking thought of why he was here: to become friends with some of the privileged old money of Gothic as a means of accounting for what likely did serious damaged to his public perception. It wasn’t something that he found comforting, in any humanly way, but it was necessary, and as such he would force himself to put on a brave face and do what needed to be done. And with that, the elevator doors would abruptly split and out would come a face known to the world as sanctimonious and assured, with splendor that only the world’s most cable man could possibly accomplish. Heads turned, eyes darted, lips flapped, all the jazz that Arthur had been made accustomed to spike go on, only now with certain controversy to it. Standing at 6’2 with the aid of his subtle high-heeled shoes and a grey suit, crimson undershirt and copper colored tie, he would stride through the room with in a manner the suggested he was both more powerful and influential than all others in a the room were combined. And given that even with his great financial loss the he faced, he was still wealthy enough to purchase, sell, repurchase and renovate the entire building as his own personal porta-potty.

Coming fashionably late always has served him well, keeping the people hungry meant that they would be quick to move in for a bite to eat, before the opportunity would find itself lost. The socialites and affluent alike would zero in on the man, with eyes both discretely and noticeably focusing on himself. His own eyes glowed blue with a digital hue as he scrolled through the laundry list of data on every in the room at a glance, more than just for acting as if he knew who any of these people were. Detailed information as to who owned what, which blood was on whose hands, and what spouse had their between someone else’s legs. Time with Steve surfing the deep and dark webs did Arthur some good. But at the moment, he didn’t really care about any of the people that felt compelled to make their way over to him. He wasn’t even that interested in Water Hughes, the Don of Investments, the man who had so graciously put together this gaggle of leeches. No. If Arthur were to endure a night of @ss puckering, he would need the proper equipment.

His eyes searching for a source of liquid resilience among the swarm of high class waste, he would find what he was looking for… and then some. The woman standing at the bar was… a treat for the eyes, a magnet as it would be in the case of Arthur’s vision. Enhancing his electronic view of her, he could, oddly enough, find out little more about this stranger than would have using any ordinary pair of contacts or spectacles, a development that was just as intriguing as her ensnaring appearance. Though he knew nothing of the woman, one thing would be certain: he needed to speak with her. Sure, he was in a secret relationship with a very enthralling woman, but Arthur needed to keep up his well crafted appearance of a notorious womanizer, a false record that he had done well to engineer. Besides, it would just be some harmless flirting, on his part at least. He strutted over to the bar with all the poise and detached elegance that he could muster, being sure not to even glance at the woman that he woman while doing so. And once there, the courting would begin. "Yeah, I'll take a black & white, but served in a martini glass. And if you got any of those little umbrellas that go with it, that would be great. Thanks." He promptly patted the counter, one hand after the other and turned towards the crowd. Now leaning on the side of the serving area with both elbows resting on it, he would gaze lazily at the crowd that lay before himself, waiting, no, expecting the woman beside him to say something.

(Sorry for taking ages to get to this <_< I can assure that the next one will come sooner than this.)

Remy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge: If Rosso looks like that GIF, Kitty may be in trouble, lol

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The boy was ready to meet with Ronin's own weapon, two swords embracing, the flames of the previous explosion decorating the reflection of their blades. He underestimated Damians skill with the blade, not expecting to go up against someone else trained with the sword, and so well. 'The Devil's Head,' The Umbra Soldier knew of these skills, it was clear to see he who was partially responsible for the training of the boy. He had underestimated him, he had underestimated the rider as well....he had underestimated the entire situation. An inferior trait that was unheard of in the assassin, was something else amiss?

Ozzy Winters could see a metaphysical light ahead of him, breaking through the Umbra darkness. Was this the way out? Only one way to find out. The light was combined with a rhythmic humming.

The Soldier would instinctually block the kick to his injured arm, but thanks to an inexplainable skull splitting surge of pain, the kick to his jaw happily found its mark. Ronin stumbled back, feeling his jaw almost split into two. He should have been unconscious and any other man would be, but thanks to the the unending oasis of willpower present in the split man's psyche, he would not fall. Instead he spit out a single tooth and looked at the fighter before him.

Damian Knight was good, The Umbra Soldier and Ozzy Winters believed he could beat the teenage hero in a one on one fight, with no distractions, but he honestly believed the kid was much better than him at the same age. The resemblance was frightening, his undying rage, precision strikes, the way he pretended he wasn't in pain even though every nerve in his body was screaming. Oz hoped the hero would not fall down the same dark path as he.

Ozzy Winters ran towards the white light, the end seemed to be in sight. The light began to grow and melt into the helicopters spot light. The rhythmic humming transformed into the helicopters blades beating the air.

The Umbra Soldier kept his eyes on Damian, sheathing his swords as well. He was not planning on complying, but this would give him the seconds he needed to compile a last minute escape plan or at least, that's what he thought. Suddenly without warning, his body lurched forward, a look of intense shock and even....fear on the, until this very second, undaunted killers face. It was happening, it was finally happening. Ozzy Winters was taking back the control he needed to make things right, but what did that mean for The Umbra Soldier? Would it die? Or fall into the Umbra abyss as its host did? For the first time, it felt fear.

"You did good, kid." Ozzy spoke, his kind and warming voice was impossible to ignore in contrast to that of the cold and deadly Umbra Soldiers. "You stopped him." He didn't expect Damian to understand, but he hoped the young hero would see how many innocent people he had saved by helping Ozzy Winters take back his body. "You need to get out of here, both of you. I'll distract them."

He didn't wait to see what either of the combatants would say, instead raising his robotic arm up at the helicopter with the spotlight and using his right hand to rip Damian's Wing Ding out of the metal bicep. He activated another EMP, causing his arm to lose all of its juice and fall to his side. It didn't matter, he didn't need it where he was going. The EMP blast did not shut down the helicopters, as Ronin knew they wouldn't, but did turn off the spotlight. Finally ronin spun around, releasing the Wing Ding from his right hand and causing it to soar at one of the helicopters. It did not hit a target, it was not meant to.

No Caption Provided

Without furthering warning the gunmen pulled their triggers, aiming all their fire power at the only attacker. The bullets, without any protest from the former hero, found their mark. The Umbra Ninja was riddle with one bullet after another, many tearing through his cybernetic arm and making it useless, others entering his chest and abdomen. He stumbled back further, spitting up blood with each step. He looked at Damian, a genuine smile accompanied the stare. He hoped the kid would get away, he knew Beelzebub would have no trouble with his vehicle, but he wasn't sure about Damian. He looked up into the sky. It was over, finally the funked up life he had dealt with would end. He closed his eyes, falling back. All he could feel was the cold. The oceans current took him away and he let it, but subconsciously he wouldn't let his body die.

Ronin would find himself on a cargo ship, his cybernetic arm would be at the bottom of the ocean by now, but he didn't need it. He was in unheard of pain, but for the first time in two years, his mind seemed to be clear. He wasn't going to die, even at the protest of his mind, so he promised himself he would not allow his body to hurt any innocent people again. He would not allow his mind nor his body to be possessed again. He'd kill himself if he had to. Luckily for the ships crewman, who had eventually found him hiding onboard and threw him into the middle of the Atlantic ocean, this pact would save their lives. If this was how he would die, so be it. Still, he did not die and instead found himself on the Island...

Alfada' Waleuzla

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remy_ said:

@cutting_edge: If Rosso looks like that GIF, Kitty may be in trouble, lol

Arthur will do his best to be a good boy lol. If not that, then he could talk to Kitty about a polyamorous relationship XP

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nonsense, I would never do anything to jeopardize a happy couple.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17029  Edited By Cutting_Edge

@rosso said:

Nonsense, I would never do anything to jeopardize a happy couple.

...I'm going to choose to believe that...
...I'm going to choose to believe that...

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a stake being hammered into my lower back, my body's radiating pain in a way that shatters my brain - or at least that's what if feels like. My breathing's shallow. Ribs broken, this asshole did a number, got me good. Grandfather would be disappointed. I let him keep up, I didn't take him out when I should have.

I showed weakness, and in more ways than one.

Ugh, I've grown soft.

Looking up at Ronin Damian's hands would remain in the air, he was as still as a statue, as ridged as a stone. The police that surrounded them carried most of Damian's attention even though he was still wary of the two in front of him.

And then when he was about to attempt his escape Ronin's behavior caught his eye, every microexpression of the assassin changed, it was so severe that it through even Damian off guard, making his eyes narrow in the slightest way. But it was his voice that made Damian's short theory confirmed.

"You did good, kid"

The warmth that protruded from Ozzy's mouth made Damian feel something different from the hate he had harbored before.

You stopped him."

D.I.D Was the first thing that popped into the young assassin's mind, Dual personalities would make sense, maybe it was something splintered from a traumatic experience, maybe a mutant or metagene problem, but Damian knew for sure this was someone else talking in place of the cold and ruthless killer that had stood before literally seconds before.

No Caption Provided

And the young assassin would simply nod. His cape fluttering in the wind behind him and when Ozzy would open his mouth again Damian would silence him with a slight hiss.

"Well done."

Then Ozzy spoke:

You need to get out of here, both of you. I'll distract them."

With a slight 'TT' Damian would nod his head and smash a pellet to the ground, and tossing one in Beezlebub's position to cloak him as well. Then yelling, "SCATTER" Damian would vanish into the night sky, sprinting with against the pain that canvased his body with every growing second.

The whispy curls of smoke shielded him from the harsh gunfire of the GCPD, and as he grappled away, as the wind rushed through his hair, and as he defied gravity itself, he heard the sound of bullets strike metal, and the scorching of heat and tire as the Demon roared away and as he reached the rooftop he aimed for, and looked at the situation itself, he saw a lifeless body fall into the Gothic Harbor water and drift away in the current.

And Damian would whisper with a hint of respect.

"الراحة حسنا المحارب."

Which translated too: Rest Well Warrior.

No Caption Provided

And with a twist of his heel, Damian left the scene and began heading somewhere no one would expect.

The 52 Gothic City Police Precinct. He had something to do before he went to rest up.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@damian_knight: Awesome work! The sign of respect was super cool. I look forward to doing something with Ronin and Damian again. Thanks for being apart of my first encounter back, I really enjoyed myself. :D

Avatar image for thomas_richards
thomas_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin:

Thank you for giving me the pleasure of working with someone as awesome as you. This is one of the best interactions I've had, and one I never got bored of or lost interested in.

Can't wait to see Ronin again.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thomas_richards: I really appreciate that! I was definitely still shaking off my ring rust, so I'm glad you had as much fun as I did.

Remy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remy_: Same!!! Let's do something more substantial when you get back :D

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge:

Her eyes passed over him as he entered the vicinity, and for a split second lingered as her mind began unconsciously processing where it might have seen him before. True, she'd recognized a number of faces from dossiers - politicians, corporate interests, future prospects - but this one bore a familiarity (albeit a passing one) that suggested a cause for concern, hidden somewhere just below her conscious register.

But the fleeting moment's thoughts passed just as soon as they came, without resolution. It didn't matter. Nobody mattered, except for the cluster of VIP's she'd been watching over since they'd arrived, and they only as much as they could hinder or hurt her progress toward her target. Besides, as she glanced using the lavaliere's empathic power - glimpsing his contempt for the occasion, the perceived self-superiority he shared with every individual present, the shift as his mind's eye locked on her - Valentina concluded without looking deeply that she knew his type. A man who expected his mere presence to draw feminine attention had a distant relationship with the real world, separated no doubt by walls of money and status. Maybe he could serve her mission somehow (someone in the room would have to), but for the moment...Oh no honey, you gotta do better than that.

"So...Jeremy," leaning over the counter and squinting at the barkeeper's name tag as he laid down the billionaire's drink, "what's everyone here for anyway? I suppose it may be a bit above me but I can't help wondering. With so many one percenters in a single place, there must be enough money here to buy up an entire country."

At this the bartender shrugged apologetically, and contrary to her own expression Valentina was not actually disappointed. His response was as expected as a move in a choreographed dance, the inquiry itself a subtle alley oop to determine if the man seating himself next to her could be who she needed him to be or if it was already time to move on.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17037  Edited By Cutting_Edge

@rosso:

The Techno Mage's brow quirked abruptly at the instant that he was effectively unacknowledged by the blond vixen, something he genuinely didn't expect to happen in the slightest. Like, at all. Most people he came across would scream in adulation, or formerly laud him for his well deserved reputation as futurist and entrepreneur. Attention and respect, like any useful celebrity would normally receive. But this woman, no, she hadn't even said a word to him, let alone responded to his indirect cues of attraction. It was an odd situation for Arthur to be in, in most circumstances, all he would have to do was exist for attractive young seductresses to come along and throw herself at him. So him being invisible like this was a bit difficult to digest.

But as unprepared as he was to get that response, or lack there off, he found it perplexing if anything that she didn't seem to know who was either. Arthur prided himself from standing out among most others with appearances akin to himself by simply feeling comfortable in his own skin, and dominating any situation he found himself in with his flamboyant and mildly obnoxious nature, with just a side likable doucheness. But as recognizable as his normal means of engaging in the public eye was, no reception to his presence seemed to exist in the presence of this young lady... Unless... Of course... There was more to this than met the eye. Arthur would swivel around, throwing a brief "Thanks" at the bartender, before resuming his previous position.

With the glass now in hand, he would look outwards towards the crowd with passive eyes, watching the various going and about their snobbish business while he would ponder the perplexing social structure that had formed in the ambient air between the billionaire, mystery woman, and average server. Raising the edge of the glass to his lips, he would begin computing. Most likely possible explanations from least to most probable:

Possibility #1 - She didn't notice my presence

Possibility #2 - She doesn't care about me

Possibility #3 - She doesn't know who I am

Possibility #4 - She wants something more

P#1 - "I just went straight up to the bartender and ordered a highly unusual drink with all the grace and subtlety of a teenager at a McDonald's once they had just gotten out of school. Considering the fact that she doesn't likely have any issues with hearing or troubles with her peripheral vision, we can keep that at the top of the list." P#2 - "Umm, I'm Arthur Mark, everyone cares about me." P#3 - "Maybe she doesn't know who it is that is standing next to her. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm not exactly the first guy to try to get a woman's attention in the history of anything. So... She thought that I was a generic man? Well, it's not impossible, but someone who can get into a place like this would probably know someone like me... Soooo..."

P#4 - "...More perhaps. She knows who I am, what I can do, but that isn't enough, she wants to see if I'm worth my salt as the person that they say I am, in more ways that one. So she doesn't even bother to make a gesture towards me when she's talking about fat cats, just to see how I would respond. Lowering the appearance of your interest in what opposing party has to offer through non-receptive gestures, a pretty basic social tactic that can be implanted in virtually any type of scenario. I'm not one to use it (he said lacking self-awareness), but she's no more the first woman to play hard to get than I am the first man to play his hand at the getting. And if that is in fact the case, then I think I will try and play this game, I could use the entertainment in this very expensive dump. Who knows, she may even be halfway close to decent at it."

Arthur's glass would be moved from his lips and his decision as to how he would proceed would be made certain, the entire synaptic affair taking place just moments between the time she would ask and he would answer. "The Hell if I know why I'm here, I just got a letter in the mail and went about my merry way deciding to pop in. No harm in it. After all, it's not like anyone is trying to kill me or anything, right? But given the collective sum of all financial assets from everyone currently standing in this room, myself not included, their backings in international properties, again, myself not included, and based on the average GDP and GNI per capita of the planet's least developed nations, a few nations could be purchased and effectively maintained for a considerable period of time."

No Caption Provided

The blank expression that he wore as he droned on would immediately cease once he finally turned and looked at the beautiful blond, a superficial smirk now standing in its wake. "I could do myself a disservice and get my hands on more than a couple of underprivileged countries... Out of pocket... But that's just not me when I'm not completely drunk. BUT, if you want to see me do something really cool, stupid or just plain awful, you're going to need to get a few more of these in me." He chuckled lightly with a genuinely lighthearted smile as he looked down at the woman. "I'm Arthur, or Artie if you prefer that. I'm technically a doctor but words like "Arthur" and "Multiple PhD person" sound so old... yeesh... just stuffy and - wow I am talking a lot. I am sorry for that, all of it! And who would be the much more mannered lady before myself, if but a humble billionaire were to ask?" He capped off his statement by taking another sip.

"OK... I said my piece..."

"...Your move."

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a minute.

Lowering the appearance of your interest in what opposing party has to offer through non-repressive gestures, a pretty basic social tactic that can be implanted in virtually any type of scenario. I'm not one to use it

No Caption Provided

He strutted over to the bar with all the poise and detached elegance that he could muster, being sure not to even glance at the woman that he woman while doing so.

Now leaning on the side of the serving area with both elbows resting on it, he would gaze lazily at the crowd that lay before himself, waiting, no, expecting the woman beside him to say something.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

No Caption Provided

That's a legit mistake <_< Is it OK if I edit lol?

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge: LOL no problem. I thought it was funny, and I wasn't sure if you were playing "lack of self-awareness" or legitimately forgot.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Thanks, lols. I done goofed and had my character lie to himself. *Face palm* Then again... It would be completely in character for him to do that... Imma just keep that line but this time recognize OC how he doesn't notice his own BS.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17042  Edited By Rosso

@cutting_edge:

Her serpent's eyes darted toward his voice and read him with a cold curiosity, already constructing a mental profile like a speedster building a bridge. And in less than a minute he'd already given her so much to work with. His was a familiar playbook. Feigns disinterest, but give him the opportunity to speak what he thinks is clever and he's a fountain of words. The Lavaliere almost made this seem unfair, but it could still be fun to watch these things play out in real-time.

"Marceline," she answered, tempered interest still primarily on her drink. "I'd say Marcie's a bit familiar while I'm working, but I guess as long as I'm on break..."

With a final sip, she finished off the ferris wheel. "One more of what he's having. In a proper glass," she tossed over her shoulder, and the bartender got to work. A nervous smile as, somewhat sheepishly, she pulled a gold Krugerrand from her brasierre. "I didn't have the luxury of being a millionaire, so"—tossing the coin into the air so it landed in the glass with a clink—"I have to make my own way." Jeremy set the second drink on the table, at which point Marceline snatched it up, threw her head back and drained it in seconds. Then, reaching into the empty glass she pulled another coin, perfectly dry, from within and dropped it into the first before the mildly perturbed bartender. "There's your tip, Jeremy.

"Thankfully, with gigs like this"—snatching another identical coin from behind Arthur's ear, she dropped it into the glass—"folks bleed money like piñatas." Another Krugerrand from the hair of one of the wealthy passersby (he didn't seem to notice), and another from the air between them. "Serio" she coughed. "Ser" she coughed again. "I'm s-sorry, something in my" She broke into a prolonged fit of coughing into her hand, drawing numerous pairs of eyes before, with a smile, "ah, there's the problem," pulling yet another coin as from her throat. "I've really gotta have a talk with that djinn about that wish."

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17043  Edited By Cutting_Edge

@rosso: Marceline, huh? Adventure Time. I see that you too are a person of culture.

Beautiful post BTW.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17044  Edited By Cutting_Edge

@rosso:

"Marceline... Like the character from Adventure Time? Interesting.” As if the statement wasn't facetious enough, he followed it with a quick but breathy snicker and partially opened mouthed smile that any soul could presume was the product of a bumbling fool's superficial charm. Truthfully, the unorthodox comment was little more than a component of his basic routine, which would be acting like nothing more than a typical tool straight from the shed. But in this case, he found himself simply enjoying himself more than anything. While he still maintained a computer like calculative mind, Marceline did little to make Artie forget that his reason for conversing with her was a mixture of enticement and curiosity.

His eyes stayed on hers as she would then order a new drink in a "proper glass", his face holding his standard look of an interested gaze compared with an upwards smirk of the right cheek. But moments later, said look would turn into a more perplexed as Marceline abruptly dive into her clothing and pull out a foreign token of some sort. Truthfully, it threw Artie in for a loop, but those feelings would come with the added fascination of this woman, even more so with what she did next. His eyes following the coin as it landed within her glass, he took her previous words into fair consideration. He accurately guessed from the first half of her statement that she would reveal herself to be some type of performer, but he wanted more show, less tell.

But the show that he would first get was that of even less healthy drinking habits than the ones that he would typically display in settings such as theirs, with his eyes showcasing his interest at the sight of Marceline inhaling the glass her glass. But while his eyes were once again fixated on her, they would be drawn to the sight of another coin being retrieved in miraculous fashion. His growing amazement not being hidden in the slightest, it was only when she would take yet another coin from behind his ear, a passing guest and then the very atmosphere itself that he would let out a grin of approval. And when she would begin coughing, all the futurist could do was watch intently as to how the next coin would appear. He really didn’t care about what attention it drew, and found concern only with the nature of her methods.

When she would finally at last retrieve the final coin from her throat, all Artie could do was pull the corner of his mouth into a sideways half smile, set his drink down onto the counter, and shake his head while clapping for the lady. Quite a few eyes were drawn from this gesture, just as he had been once he entered the room, the World Builder's attention was not diverged in the slightest by their prying eyes. His eyes were interested only in the show that Marceline had put on for him. "Wow, that was impressive. I can see how you can make a living out of what you do." A genuine smile of satisfaction would spread across his face, only further accenting the earnest nature of his compliment. "But there is something bugging me..."

Arthur would briefly turn away from Marceline and snatch back his drink off of the counter, turning back to her once it was in hand but focusing solely on finishing half of it before continuing. A welcoming gaze, quiet sigh and another placement of it on the counter signifying that he was finished his swig. "How did you do it? I mean-wait! Don't tell me." A finger would curl under eyes would squint as he looked off to the side from their standing position, almost as if he were searching for answers among the various party goers. He would tilt his eyes upwards as he dreamily went on in silence for mere moments, pondering the most likely and in depth answer that could form in his mildly intoxicated mind.

No Caption Provided

Logic dictated cheat and use his contacts and to play back the recorded footage to get another shot of her trick, but hubris demanded that his intellect not be used with false merits. And so, with just a few moments passed, he would give his best answer. "The first coin seems to have been pulled straight out of your breasts, not a lot more to say about... The second coin looked like it was pulled out of your glass. Then you pulled another coin from behind my ear, from the guy who just passed by and another straight from nothing. Lastly, you spent an excessive amount of time 'coughing' up the last one. I wasn't always looking in the right place, but isn't that the point?"

Artie quirked his brow and tilted his hands outwards in a questioning motion, his piercing blue eyes and cocky half smile burrowing into Marceline's own two major facial features. "This show was pretty much one big misdirection,deception and manipulation, starting off with taking the first coin from such an unexpected location in a coy fashion." He waved his finger at her chest. "The second coin was dry, you must probably pulled it out while I was looking at the first one. You pulled the 'third', 'fourth', 'fifth', and 'six' from behind my ear, the guy, God himself, and then that huge fit of coughing. The coughing that was meant to capture my attention as well as those around us. What? To get me to worry and and look around? That was the most obvious thing, but the pulling it our of thin air part was something else?"

He turned his head to the side ever so slightly as he gave the blond a mischievous smile. "That was a risky play. I'm betting from how you went about the last four again with the cover of the coughing bit at the end, combined with 'the thin air part', which kind of gives it away, that there is more at hand here. Objects don't just come out of nowhere. An ear, head, throat? Sure. But not from the shadow realm, Jimbo. You kept the last four coins stashed in your palm." The brisk pace of pulling the final four, particularly from the air and the one from her throat, as opposed to the show of dropping into a glass made sense to The Mechanic (assuming that she didn't cheat by using a hidden ability or technology). And his mind, what made sense was akin to fact. "Or should I say, coin?"

The final statement had Arthur lean back slightly with what was probably the most satisfied smile that Marceline had ever seen. The corners of his mouth hooked by every ounce of confidence that his oversized head had afforded him. He would close his eyes and reach for his glass once again, quickly tilting his head back and forth in a celebratory manner as the smile upon his face became even more self-pleasing. "I would ask you to show me your hands, but I'm guessing that you threw it down your briefs the moment that I closed my eyes." He gave one final smirk before taking a sip of his drink. "Or not?"

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17045  Edited By Rosso

@cutting_edge:

"-wait! Don't tell me."

The words had barely left his mouth when a pang of dread spiked right through her chest.

Oh no. One of those.

Every party had at least one. Some chuckle-monkey determined to show off how smart he thought he was, even if it meant bursting the collective bubble of everyone in the vicinity. Just her luck that theirs happened to find her as soon as he entered the party. Worse still, he was halfway decent at it, more than good enough and ill-mannered enough to effectively kill the atmosphere she'd worked hard to create. By the end of his diatribe the crowd drawn in by her act had thinned, and those onlookers who remained watched not to be entertained by clever tricks and willing suspension of disbelief, but intrigue by the gauntlet Arthur had essentially thrown down and her inevitable response.

The trouble wasn't so much that he'd challenged her, nor even that he got a number of key elements right. He was just the right cocktail of status and disregard to put her at an immediate perceptible disadvantage. Marcie's well-constructed social sphere was gone, leaving her exposed to the harsh atmosphere of the one-percenters, not safely inhabitable by the lower class like herself. There, etiquette dictated that as a working girl she operated under social constraints that didn't apply to most of the others in the room, least of all "special" guests like him.

But calm was key to her persona. As her mind thought, her body made it so. She sat through the self-indulgent assessment as decorum dictated – wearing her social shackles with mild interest and a polite smile while inwardly a timer ran itself down.

Well, if I'm losing their money anyway...

She said nothing, but showed two empty hands raised high, turned to the bar and dumped the coins one by one from the glass onto the counter. "One...two...three...four...five...Huh. Must've lost the sixth in my sleeve." Scattered giggling from the peanut gallery gave her some satisfaction. With a saccharine smile she tipped the glass one last time and the sixth coin rolled onto the table. She gasped, as though stricken by a sudden revelation. "Oh my God, are you negging me?" she called, histrionically loud and drenched in irony. "Swell job, Artie. The negging, I mean—Strauss would be proud. But you've still got a ways to go before I could vouch for your skill in the mystic arts." Tossing a wink to a particularly enthused (and way past tipsy) onlooker before turning back to the tech tycoon.

"'Cool, stupid, or just plain awful,'" she echoed his earlier remark, making an obvious play at feigning thoughtfulness. "Jeremy, the rest of his drinks are on me—and do keep drinking, Artie. I'd love to see how much it takes for you to sink billions trying to buy me a planet. I've got my eyes on Jupiter, think you can manage?" Only then allowing the slightest hint of venom to creep into her voice as she finished, but sure to add an "innocuous" smirk for the crowd.

Finally she leaned in, uttering a dry admonition just between the two, a parting shot as she rose to leave.

"What are you, trying to spread your personal misery like a virus? Your self-fiddling rant didn't impress anyone, all you've done is cost me not-insignificant income in tips for the night. I'm not gonna correct you on what you got wrong just in case you try to pull that another time at someone else's expense, but word to the supercilious? No one watches people like me to see you show how good you think you are. They want to wonder and be entertained. Let them be."

And without indulging any further fanfare she hastened away from the bar, scanning once more for her target and his group. How hard could a bald-headed giant be to find?

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17046  Edited By Cutting_Edge

Oof. Well, I can’t say that he didn’t have it a long time coming XD

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge: I got so scared I might've been too mean there!

I still probably should've sobered a bit before starting, but I got excited.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: I mean, I was kind of shocked to say the least. But that was an amazing post, and oddly pleasing in a weird way. Interesting to see how the rest of this unfolds after that tense resolution, not to mention the fact that this gives me a chance to unravel of a bit of who Arthur really is in my next post (as well as put my more enigmatic plans to action >:] ). But all I can say for now is that Artie's going to need some psychological therapy by the time that the night is through.

It all started... When I was born...
It all started... When I was born...

I also find it kind of hilarious that you being a bit tipsy is what caused that masterpiece. That av though lol.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge: Therapy?

I happen to have a specialty!
I happen to have a specialty!

The av is the warning not to take me too seriously. Or something. Mostly it just amuses me. I don't do it every time I wanna get a little lit and post, but sometimess I do.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17050  Edited By Cutting_Edge

@rosso:

The smug look of self-satisfaction earned from the long and overly flamboyant rant would be worn on Artie’s face like a star in a Christmas tree, only to be promptly knocked off by the blonde’ reveal. Not one, but five coins. The sound of the small crowd scattered but light chuckles mixed with the visual of Marceline’s caused Arthur's face to morph from a metaphorical smirk being plastered from every inch of his face to a plain expression and a lifeless stare. Clearly he had made a miscalculation, but he would simply take his drink and make a quick snarky respo-but she wasn’t finished. His mouth was not even fully by the time she had begun launching a crisp assault on his actions directly, and did so with a vigor that he had never seen before. She spat in his facade with the grace of a ballerina and the focus of an assassin, all their increasingly invested crowd stood idly by. Enjoy the far more intense second half of the show, but this time, with complete attention.

Arthur’s already mundane countenance would develop with an increasingly pale and sickly aesthetic with the passing moments of Marceline’s heated speech. Each word, offensive or not, compacting one another as they hit his body like in punches of passion, causing him to go limp and yet dry, barely standing on his numb feet. Going dither, a drop of venom would slither through the cracks of her well constructed letter of admonishment, paralyzingly the billionaire upon contact. His face still not showing any signs of life to them, her words now tuned out as a high-pitched ring jabbed his addled ears, only to subscribe once more to the audible lashing just moments later. Allowing Arthur to catch the last of her ill-intentioned speech, until finally, the last moments hitting him like a freight train. He stood there, he watched, he listened, he just… stood there. Until she would finally end things and just like that, walk off. Leaving him to contend with the audience that they had amassed.

Time began to lose momentum as the room itself would slowly come to a crawl, the blurry image of Marceline’s blond hair swaying behind her as he marched off at a snail's pace had now lost. But as she left, her absence pulled along an agent of the mind that would come into the room, a nagging force of deterioration approaching Arthur from behind, like the wave inevitability upon the shore disaster. It rushed toward his castle. Crashing into its side and tearing down its defenses, flooding its rooms until it had finally located him. Snatching him from his chambers and pulling him into the dark depths below the shoreline, he began drowning in the sea that he had so greatly feared. He felt many things now. Many things to say, many things to do. He felt like running after her and apologizing. He felt like making a snide insult at her expense. He felt like falling into the floorboards and allowing his humiliation to swallow him whole. But no action could be made from behind the bars of his aquatic prison.

However, it didn’t matter. Because no matter what he did, or how he responded, no action would make him feel any less small……

Good talk.” After throwing out that tongue in cheek statement, the crowds' hushed words of speculation were immediately broken with a brief fit laughter as the various individuals that surrounded Arthur began to file out of the scene. Arthur swerved around, taking a large sip of his abomination of a drink before setting it back down, his hands laid out flat on the counter as he stared at it’s fine wood for a good few seconds. When he finally decided to look up with tired eyes and the awkwardness in his throat would be audibly cleared, Artie would immediately be hit by the image of Jeremy who simply stood staring at him in silence. Though his own visage gave little indication of what he was thinking, it didn’t take a genius to figure out that he was silently judging The Futurist. Arthur gave an unamused, heavy eyed stare back in response as he impatiently tapped his finger on the counter. “What?” He said in annoyance. Jeremy simply raising his brow would hold his stare as he would take his time turning back to the set of expensive beverages still cleaning the glass in hand.

No Caption Provided

Arthur would slump down onto the wooden platform, his elbows as his expression of defeat would go down with him. His face being carried by his thumb and index finger as he glanced at his own pathetic reflection in the gleam of an olive bottle of chardonnay, the vague image of another figure approaching from behind slowly drifting over its thin curvature. “You really know your way around women, don’t you Doctor Mark?” The new stranger said with a mocking tone but along with a good genuine smile. He turned and glanced at her, looking her up and down with a weak smile, taking in her features as his eye and the contacts that held them scanned her appearance. A full profile of information unleashed to the instant he gazed at her, unlike the woman who had come before. The woman leaned down closer to him, clasping her hands together in a neat fold as she set elbows down on the counter. “You’re a man that my employers were hoping to see tonight, they've been waiting so long to have a proper meeting with you.” She would abruptly stand up and move away from him. “Please, so few nights are like this one.

And with that, she began walking away from The Futurist, looking over her shoulder and very expecting him to follow after her with her leisurely pace. Arthur looked back at her, giving a quizzical expression plastered on his face she would simply look away and continue with her path. Facing his original position, he stared back down at his drink and quickly grabbed it, and drained the thing as he scrolled through the data on her. No paying better attention to the information that the lenses had gathered. Name: Emma Smart. Species: Human. Age: 27. Height: 5’6. Weight: 114.64 lbs. Occupation: Personal Assistant… Employer… The circumference of Arthur’s eyes doubled at the moment he recognized the name of who it was that the woman worked for. And with said realization, he quickly took his drink, finished it, and stood up.

“What are you, trying to spread your personal misery like a virus?”

He instantly felt crippled upon hearing those being echoed within his mind, almost falling to the floor in the process. Taking a moment for himself, he swallowed hard, inhaling and exhaling in cathartic fashion. And gaining his ground once more, he followed after her.