Image result for call the popo gif

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@captain_lambert: @perdidacardenal:

Damian was still, his cape flowed around him and his face furrowed with concentration. Guns trained on him focusing on his form with malicious intent. Someone from in the crowd shouted "WHAT'S HE DOING?! NO FUNK IT! KILL THAT KID!" The young Knight didn't flinch at this exclamation as he still continued to observe the battle around him, searching. And finally he saw her a blur of black and gold, she was causing utmost chaos around her and Damian had deduced that she was with the opposing gang, their ace in the hole. Damian knew she would be his final boss.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! SHOOT!"With no further warning bullets shot out of their chambers, and Damian Knight finally moved. His sword appeared in his hand as if apparated from thin air and the bullets shot from the guns were suddenly cut from the air like gnats, his blade turned into a blur of motion as he killed the projectiles milliseconds before they pierced his skin.

No Caption Provided

Bullets run out. The gangsters panic as the young warrior sheathes his sword and strides forward with a slight bounce in his step, he analyzes his surroundings and builds up his attack, he studies not just his opponents, but the environment around him, he can hear the blare of a siren in his left ear, the reloading of clips in his other and he suddenly transitioned from a stride into a run. Screams broke out. The men rushed forward, shouting orders. Guns fired. More shouting. More screaming. More running. The attack was fierce, efficient and deadly. Damian turned into a demon, the first man that reached him was suddenly put down as Damian stepped into his personal space and smashed his fist deep into his solar plexus, then with a push upward off his left foot his knee would drive into the soft spot of his chin knocking him into the air and throwing him backwards with an Umph!

Damian never even touched the ground, instead flipping through the air allowing his body to naturally twist and turn in the wind. With nothing but a simple turn of his leg the young assassin's body was corkscrewing through the air, and his feet crashed into the skull of the man in front of him.

Landing on the street he would crouch down and vanish into the chaos, his landing stance perfect; allowing him the mobility to shoot into action once again, the girl was still fighting. And Damian was annihilating her forces.

No Caption Provided

His remaining opposition began backing away trying to reload their weapons. "W-What do we do? WHAT DO WE DO?!"

Damian would stand and walk forward in a normal pace, and pulling his hood against his head he would say with a snarl that was quiet -yet deadly-

"You can run."

Avatar image for lebreau_liafador
Lebreau_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens:

No Caption Provided

"A couple of days" She responded, her words laced with a frustrating sigh. It was quite possible that the next time these two spoke to each other Chance would be at the forefront of one of Europe's most influential family's; and with it, expected to guide them out of whatever self-imposed state they'd been in since the failed coup.

Abby (Whether knowingly and unknowingly) revealed something about herself, not with explicit details; but the information was there. At the present moment, her mind was too pre-occupied with her situation, perhaps it was fear of overstepping but she didn't want to jump down that rabbit hole just yet.

A silence parted them she was trying to gather the right words, but also trying to get the damn cat to stop clawing at her shoe strings under the table. "I'm sorry I just dropped all this one you. I-I just didn't have anyone else to turn to. It's not your job to train me on life, I gotta embrace the suck like everyone else."

It was hard, Ziccarra was the first; she essentially wrote the rules for the role. Zeon was the Matriarch but had a strict upbringing she could lean on, Chance? at 19 years old she was going to be the youngest Matriarch ever. She didn't have any powers (That she knows of), nor did she have the type of family that could be leaned on for advice. Weakness in her family was shark bait, she wouldn't outright say it for fear of opening up yet another rabbit hole but this role would define her. Amongst the family, amongst her friends, to the world. The thought that she could potentially lose herself trying to fulfill this role did cross her mind, could she kill someone? could she punish someone could she leverage the well-being of any one person for the overall well being of everyone else?

She pushes back to her chair her eyes guided toward a man about to buy a scratch-off. She couldn't understand how people spent ridiculous amounts of money on a system that was based on the odds, instead of taking said money and building something with it.

She gave a not so subtle chuckle before removing the core of the situation and inserting herself. The odds that being the Matriarch would fall on her were slim, but they did. Instead of taking tasks and building upon it she was looking at every reason not to do it. She had to be like this man, and put some faith in her own namesake--she had to take a Chance.

As she watched him scratch off neither one of them knew what happened, but he, being in close proximity to her won. Joy quickly swept over his face, and Chance's eyes reset to her root beer that'd been placed on the table.

"I just need to know. That when things get tough. I have at least one powerful ally. Should you decide you wanna give me fashion advice. I'll listen to that too.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16904 Rosso  Online

Abby (Whether knowingly and unknowingly) revealed something about herself, not with explicit details; but the information was there.

Revealed what?!?
Revealed what?!?

but he, being in close proximity to her won.

Confirming theory number 1...
Confirming theory number 1...

Avatar image for perdidacardenal
PerdidaCardenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damian_knight: @captain_lambert

No Caption Provided

She pushed forward, the moment they began to fumble for their extra clips. Palm to the chin, kick to the ribs, elbow to the diaphragm, knee to the groin, one by one the attacks made contact with the men as one by one they began to fall. She waved through them effortlessly, almost as if it was a dance of some sort. Ducking attacks, disarming the one who managed to get a clip into his gun but breaking his wrist. Screams of pain and THUMP of their bodies hitting the ground could be heard. It was a battle symphony and it was a beautiful sound to So-So.

Out of her peripheral vision however, she could see the colorfully dressed warrior too attack the opposing gang. The fighting capability he had was that of an assassin, that was no doubt in her mind. Who had he trained with? How did he get involved in lowly gangsters? Perhaps he was the true leader? She would deal with him… now.

A spin hook kick was the last attack as the final gangster crashed face first into the ground. In the distance the sirens of the local police could be heard echoing through the air. She should have left right then and there, but she couldn’t allow him to escape. But she had the respect to allow him to finish his fight. A simple sign of respect in the world of assassins. It would be so easy to engage right now, but it would also be dishonorable, and she was trying to change her ways. But she wasn't about to use basic fighting technique on him. It was time to use her more secretive fighting styles.

But the second he put the last person down to the ground, she sprung into action like a feral beast as she would quickly get into the legendary Yinhuan (Hidden Danger) fighting stance from the hidden Shangri-La. She ran forward, using one of the vehicles to help launch her into the air. She formed her hands into that of claws like a tiger, raising her arms above her head as she arched her back and tucked her legs under her. Coming downward she would bring the same movement forward, bringing both her hands down forcefully towards his shoulders, generating 2000 pounds of force behind the attack trying to injure his joints. The moment she would land on the ground her stance chance fluidly into Du Yao (Poison Bite) another fighting style from the Shangri-La as her hands then looked as if she was mimicking a serpent as she slightly crouched before thrusting her right hand forward towards the throat of Rouge with amazing speeds of 13 feet per second. This was to try and damage his trachea, to debilitate him and put a quick end to the fight.

No Caption Provided

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Run.

That's what he had told his enemies, as if that were really an option. They looked at him as if just realizing the same fact. One man screamed. Another whimpered. The all began running away in fear, they had seen what the other kid had done to their enemies, and they were scared....and thinking about it they had heard of Damian. The Rogue hero from Bludstone who killed his opposition with no thought. A demon, a monster. A true being of terror and fear. They ran and Damian followed in hot pursuit, fearful screams from his victims, hurdle over fallen street light, trip and fall getting full lash and bleeding legs, torn to shreds, and Damian could feel their emotions as they tried escaping their fate. Their heart in mouth, salty sweat stinging eyes, humidity like a wet duvet, oppressive air, run upstream, dogs closing, moon shining, long shadows, heart racing, feet blistering under sodden sneakers, fear, wide eyes, desperate, pushed beyond all endurance, like a startled deer they bound away, branches like reaching arms, fear like an iron hand around their neck, choking the life out with a relentless grasp, hopelessness gnawing at their insides, despair a shackle around my ankle, forest closing in,darkening sky pressing down. A young merciless killer on top of them.

The had run but it had not been enough. Damian Knight struck upon them like a light strikes shadow, he wasted no time in applying as much pressure as he could, and though he could hear the sirens in the distance the young assassin showed no worry as he pressed forward. He met his first opponent with a bob, weave, and strike to the pressure point to his neck. He collapsed -but didn't die- Damian kept his groove forward as he stepped forward and jammed his fist directly into the second man's nose; blood gushed and a bone snapped as Damian thrust his foot into the man's knee. As he turned he saw the other female watching and he raised an eyebrow as he simply threw a weighted Wing-ding at his last opposer, ending him quite simply.

This was all Damian and So-So now. She sprinted forward and he instantly went on the defensive, he wasn't worried, nor was he scared. He followed her movement and studied her actions, and a smirk formed on his lips as she jumped on the car and flung towards him. She wasted time and tried getting in the air to perform her attack, and that gave Damian room to react, she traded something important in place for power. Rogue shifted his feet and by the time she reached him he had darted back just a little. He had adjusted his cape slightly to free his shoulders better, and so when she began her snake based attack Damian was ready...She struck towards his throat and the Parahuman was on the move, he stepped forward and braced his right foot back as he slapped his hands to attention so that when her hands got within his reach, he caught them, his foot braced for the momentum of the attack and also gave him an advantage over her. He was close. And while she still had on arm free he had a closer range of attack. He smirked. Then he attempted to smash his head against her face with crippling power.

No Caption Provided

After that he'd let her arm go and he'd step back throwing a thermite grenade in front of her and next to her on her right, he did this to cause her to scramble, or move in general actually. He dictated the field around them because unless she could survive getting caught in a thermite attack, she only had three distinct directions to go. Up, back, or left. Each were within closing distance, and when the grenades blew Damian was gone. Smoke grew into thick silvery whisps around them and Damian faded into the background until he was invisible.

When he caught onto So-So he would be flinging through the air and a kick would appear into aimed directly at So-So's face...then a glint of metal immerged next as Damian swung his blade attempting to sever her bracial artery on her left shoulder. Damian knew that could be a potentially killing blow, but if she was as special as he believed her to be then he had nothing to fear, he vanished back into the smoke like a ghost.

No Caption Provided

He'd twist and whip through the smoke waiting for her to find him, or figure out where he was. He had to keep himself ready for anything because now. If her injuries weren't too bad or -there at all- Damian was now at a disadvantage. But he knew he needed information, and he tried to lure her in. "Who are you?! And why are you working for such petty criminals?!"

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captain_lambert
Captain_Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perdidacardenal: @damian_knight:

"GCPD, HANDS IN THE AIR!"

A barking voice rang out through a bullhorn, the block suddenly flashed and bathed in artificial lights. As the two masked vigilantes were occupied with their intense battle, two cruisers were able to roll up with their lights off all the while, waiting until the horn blared to expose the scene that had transpired. It's what the GCPD referred to as a "Gothic Greeting."

The flashing lights of red and blue grew even more intense, as four more cruisers had just rolled in, screeching to a halt behind their already present fellow officers. Cops were quick to exit their vehicles in synced formation, popping their car doors open to act as a shield, and their pistols and patrol shotguns mounted to be better fixed on this violent duo that they surrounded.

One of the officers looked from behind his cover, at the bodies surrounding the individuals, merely letting out a grumbled "Christ..." as he took in what looked to be pure savagery.

Just as the officer wielding the horn was about to scream another warning, he felt a firm hand on his shoulder, belonging to none other than Captain Lambert. "That'll do son, pass it over." Lambert gave him a stern nod, to which the officer complied and allowed him to take point.

The Captain took a step past the cruisers that acted as a perimeter, bringing the horn to his mouth to give a warning presented with absolute calm. "This is Captain Lambert of the GCPD. You're both surrounded, with a chopper arriving any second. Release each other, get on your knees and lace your fingers firmly behind your heads. You have five seconds to comply, or we will shoot..."He brought the horn down, glaring at them both with his cold blue eyes. It wasn't maliciousness in his gaze, but almost one of pleading, as he could tell from even this distance that at least one of them was no doubt in their teens.

"Get the EMT's over here, now. Those men need medical attention." He called out to the nearest badge, not removing his gaze from the masks for even a blinking second.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16909  Edited By Arquitenens

@lebreau_liafador:

"Don't worry about it, I'm used to it. Really, I mean it. The only reason I got into this was to help people. Sometimes it's shooting an extremist with an arrow, and I'm privileged to be able to open shelters for those in need, but so often, the job is just...a shoulder to lean on, a kind word and an ear to listen." As if to illustrate her point, Abby sighed deeply and forced herself to put her concerns about watching the front entrance aside. For Chance's sake. Setting herself alongside the girl she hoped to someday call friend, she gingerly wrapped her arm around her.

"I may not be the most powerful ally you could muster, but if there's one thing I can offer you, it's consistency. That, to me, has always been the most important thing." Her mind did drift, however, to the Reality Lavaliere now in her possession. In theory it didn't make much difference - only an advanced form of the power she already possessed. But she knew her limits. With the stone, she had none. She could erase every problem Chance brought to her attention with but a thought.

But she understood, with some guilt, that she never would. Beyond its religious significance, where would this "playing God" stop? What new problems would she create by rewriting reality, having an incomplete grasp on the potential effects? Why stop there? Why not fix the crises in Valor, or in Gothic as she'd once intended? Why not just eliminate her enemies on the spot? Why not confront the nagging desire to bring her father Atticus back from the dead? Each small use had the potential to snowball into something bigger. Diarmuid had remained dormant within her for some time but the lavaliere seemed like the perfect thing to awaken the spirit without inhibitions within her. And without those? Something as drastic as rewriting Chance's reality would be an absolute, unimitigated disaster.

"I...don't know what to tell you, what to do here," she conceded with a conciliatory squeeze. "I try to learn from experience, but I...made the wrong choice, and I'm still not sure where that begins. Or which combination of choices leads to the right outcome. But whatever you do, whatever your choices, your burdens, you're not alone. I'll be there, as much as you need, every step of the way."

Lebreau_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens:

No Caption Provided

'Good Job, now you sound needy' She initially thought, that is until Abby agreed to at least serve as an ally, and she was right the only way to become the person she was trying to emulate was to learn first hand. The appeasing half-hug ushered her mind into a string of things that'd been mentioned previously. Originally she passed them off as wayward comments, now it appeared as if they could be some sort of specific word placing; whatever the case she was now curious.

"H-hey, I'm going to call you Abby," A massive sigh followed as if she'd been keeping it in the entire time. "I know we barely know each other, but Abigail, no offense is too long, even when I'm thinking I think about how long your name is; and it makes me forget what I was originally going to say. I mean don't get me wrong, my real name is like that too. It's Lebreau and my god what a mouthful it is, like what the hell was my parents thinking; out of all the...." before her scattered thoughts continued to hijack the moments the cat once again tugged at her shoe strings snapping her back to the task at hand.

but I...made the wrong choice, and I'm still not sure where that begins.

"I've been in similar positions. I can only tell you what I know from that. Fanatical orders are trouble for anyone with even a remote connection to them.

I thought, however, that at the very least I could trust myself more than I could trust anyone else.

"You've mentioned somethings that have me curious," She said grimacing a bit only because she realized her previous rant was ill-timed. "You said you've been in a similar situation before, and mentioned making the wrong choices. W-what happened if you don't mind me asking?"

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16911  Edited By Arquitenens

@lebreau_liafador:

While Chance rambled Abby just stared, mouth agape in a perplexed-but-amused half-smile. She certainly had her own unique way with words. Could anyone else have made that sound both insulting and endearing at once? At least she meant well, that was never in doubt.

Besides, remember how you felt. The last thing you wanna do is push her further away. Small gestures often meant the most. What could've been to Abby a minor rebuff might've been been to Chance an act of wholesale rejection—being mindful of the family she came from as well as the fact her closest friend was just an agent of a system, Chance herself just a part of a job. "Abby is fine. I've been called worse. I guess," she joked, with a light shoulder bump.

"What happened if you don't mind me asking?"

And just like that, the moment was gone. Abby's face went from a girlish flush to a ghastly pale, life drained completely from her features as Chance forcibly drew her back full-sale to the disaster at Black House, anchoring her to the point. Her entire stature shrank and collapsed in on itself, and suddenly she couldn't look Chance in the eyes at all.

The honest truth? She did mind. A lot. But how would she say that? The girl would only feel guilty for asking and shut herself up, now and in the future.

Absently nodding along with the conversation in her head, Abby acknowledged several distinct possibilities. Maybe she just had too many issues of her own to give what Chance needed. But that she'd already let herself slip without thinking...Maybe that in itself was some indication that she'd been bottling for too long, that it was well past time to let her troubles out. It'd only been her whole life, and as much as Chance needed a proper mentor, Abigail needed an outlet that didn't involve alcohol and tears or questionable dates. The walls had to come down sometime, right?

No Caption Provided

"Okay, I..." She took a long, slow breath to collect her thoughts into words. Started and stopped several times, and collected herself again.

"I promise, I will tell you someday," she said, trembling in her voice, shoulders, and hands beneath the table. What happened at Black House was a tragedy she just didn't have the will to overcome yet.

"I will," she stressed, vague stare focused almost directly at Chance. "Just...for now I just need you to trust my advice when I give it. I won't ever lie to you and I will help you to the best of my ability. So I will tell you someday. I just need you to have faith in me until I'm ready. Can we make that deal?" Offering up a weak smile.In the span of a few seconds, the "veteran hero" had disappeared. The roles had been reversed completely, and it was Abigail fearing rejection, asking forgiveness from the Liafador Scion of Legends.

Avatar image for perdidacardenal
PerdidaCardenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damian_knight: @captain_lambert:

He grasped her hand and she could feel he was physically stronger than her. She watched as smirked, he was going to try and attack. He pushed his head forward, and she allowed the attack to hit in exchange for using this hit as a distraction for him. But the moment his hand grasped upon hers, she pulled out one of her gas pellets and the moment his head made contact with hers, she would attempt to slam the pellet into the side of his face, releasing the lachrymatory, anesthesia, nerve, and regurgitate agent hoping the gas was enough to debilitate him for a moment. Even if she missed, the moment it wouldn’t make contact with his head she would smash it directly under his feet.

No Caption Provided

So-so would stumbled back the moment he released her. Her vision double, ears ringing and her head throbbing as she shook her head. The mask protected her from her own gas that was surrounding them. But then, he saw her throw something at her, and she grasped her cape going into a ball as an explosion suddenly engulfed her. Luckily her cape was lined with Zetix which absorbs and disperses the energy from explosions without breaking. The flames covered her cape but as the vibration of the explosion faded, she threw her cape behind her, the searing hot flames from the thermite avoiding her uniform as she rose up. Anyone around the area would have sworn she looked like a demon that was summoned from a hellfire.

He tried to kill her. Now it was personal.

Even with the smoke thick all around her, the filter in her mask kept her lungs protected and the lenses of her mask keeping her eyes protected. While the smoke was too thick to see through, she could see the movement of the smoke around her, shift. She stepped to the side as she watched a colorful figure pass her trying to kick her. He was trying to use the smoke around them as cover. Just then, the smoke shift again but this time, a weapon was drawn. So-so threw up both her arms as she shifted them just enough so that the blades hit her metal plating that were along her wrist, deflecting it. But as she was getting ready to push the blade away from her, something caught her off guard and made her slip up.

Her shoulders tensed at the wrong movement and the blade slid from her metal plating and into her right shoulder. While her suit protected her from weapons, the blade was just sharp enough to sink it’s teeth into her flesh. She didn’t scream, or cry out in pain, but she quickly pulled away, slipping out of the smoke.

"Who are you?! And why are you working for such petty criminals?!"

“I’M NOT A CRIMINAL!” She turned to where his voice was and roared as she pulled out her sword in a single swift motion with her unharmed hand, ready to attack. “YOU’RE THE CRIMINAL!”

But then another voice was heard. Calmer than the first, but colder than the bitter winter of Gothic.

"This is Captain Lambert of the GCPD. You're both surrounded, with a chopper arriving any second. Release each other, get on your knees and lace your fingers firmly behind your heads. You have five seconds to comply, or we will shoot..."

She didn’t have the energy to fight off an entire police force and the assassin and with blood drizzling from her arm. So-so wouldn’t admit it, but she wasn’t fully recuperated from the Chaos situation. She was still weak. Still tired. Still healing. She had to know when to pick her battles and when to surrender. This was not a battle she could win right now. Her eyes focused on the fellow assassin as the smoke began to clear. If he would attempt to fight the police, she would try and stop him, but if not, she would slowly kneel on the ground as she carefully placed her blade beside her. She put her good arm over her head that was still throbbing with a headache as she called out to the officer. “I can’t lift my other arm, but I can put it behind my back.” Which is what she did before speaking to the colorful killer in a lower tone. “If you harm them… I will kill you.”

Lebreau_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens:

No Caption Provided

Abby didn't have to say anything, Chance noticed the drastic change in her demeanor, the confidence slowly eroding. 'Oh geez,' she thought, paying strict attention to conflicting emotions physically manifesting in Abby's face.

Chance placed a consoling hand on top of Abby's shoulder before releasing a deep sigh of her own. "Don't Worry. Believe it or not, I understand"

There were things she wasn't proud of, in her evacuation of Gothic City allowed certain feelings to surface, Feelings she hadn't felt in a long time. "One thing you know about me is I love to talk. So when you're ready I'll be here. It's a deal"

Though Chance's mind burned with curiosity, seeing how much pain that caused Abby, she was fine just killing any further talk of that and her past.

Chance's eyes dart toward the outside of the diner, more and more Cardinals were perched atop a nearby rooftop. "I need to take a couple of days to wrap my head around it. The old me would barricade myself in my room drinking, but I don't think that's in my best interest. Are you staying here in Gothic? What's the move for you?"

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

42nd, 43rd, 44th...45th and Grainer.

The greasy smell of fried garbage leaks from its every pore, but it's tolerable. Made tolerable. Memory is a potent drug, after all.

The health rating is floating at an orange, dirt streaked "C" currently, down from the proud green of the "B" it sported when I saw her. Golden blonde hair floating over her shoulder, Gleaming even in the diner's grungy, half broken lights, the thin trace of a scar over a shut eye, an easy smile and a more pensive glance she seemed to settle into even more easily (well, that last part might just be projection, or so my therapist used to say). She was meeting with another girl, too short for me to see as I passed by the wide glass windows. My focus wasn't on her anyhow (though I haven't seen my furry friend since she scooped 'im up).

It's been a rough week since then, since I saw her shift seats and turn her back, those golden strands flowing and bouncing with every turn, falling down her back, calling out to me. I want to see her again, but it seems her appearance was a one off after all.

I wonder if perhaps the back alley holds better luck. Sure enough, fortune rewards he who seeks for himself. A drunk atop a cardboard bed, pushed deep into the ill lit confines of the brick recess by crowds of trick-or-treaters roaming the streets outside. He seems hardly lucid. I withdraw one of the rusted knives that has not yet dulled to uselessness and set to work. It is quiet, relaxing, almost meditative (provided you start with the right cut). The unused parts I deposit in the bin nearby (littering is despicable, after all), but the eyes and fingers I throw into the bloodstained pillowcase of treats I've collected throughout the night, giving it a good shake for dispersal. There they linger among full size chocolate bars, thick baggies of gummy bears, worms, fish and the like. I stretch my arms above my head, rolling my shoulders as I mill among the crowd of costumed men and women, children milling about in equal numbers. I hold the pillowcase open, fingers caught in its lip, an offer to those kids not to scared to approach (despite the bloody knife still waving in my the other hand). One after another they reach in. Snickers (boring), Haribo (bland), a blood smeared Twix (droll). Then comes the last, held back before by a concerned mother (the generous distribution of sweets has eased that caution). I smile (perpetually, such is the nature of the mask), and in that quiet moment I watch as the girl (a cat,

apparently) inches forward, prodded by her mother, tears already in her eyes. She reaches forward tentatively, I shake the bag and she flinches, golden streaks of hair surfing back and away.

At that point I become still, eyes locked on the inside of the bag. Her mother pushes her forward once more, and she reaches in. A true smile crosses my lips then as a tiny, nervous fist closes around the recently harvested brown eye, the pupil still a pinprick of terror. She draws it up as my fingers tense on the knife, but before she can withdraw it from the bag, she cheats. Her eyes catch on the signature bright orange wrapper of a certain peanut butter/chocolate brand. She relinquishes the eye (much to my dismay) and pulls out the 4 peanut butter cups crammed in their plastic sheathe. The mother scoops up the terrified child and thanks me as I stand, ignoring them and heading back the way I came. Suddenly the game bores me. I dump the bag of treats and tricks into one of the many lazy bowls left on lit porches, their signs cautioning children to "take one", lest skeletal reapers reach out to grab you them.

I tap the knife against my fingernails, slipping by the greasy diner once again. Someone sits in her booth, a brunette across from a vain, preening blonde man with a fake tan.

It annoys me, but not enough. Rather than lie in wait all night, I simply tap the knife against the glass, a steak of blood, splotched with drying crusty red dots of the same substance smearing against it. They recoil, and then laugh.

"Happy Halloween" I call to them, muffled through my mask. The man holds a hand to his ear, cupped and asking for repetition as he tosses a mischievous wink to his female compatriot, eyes on her snickering smile.

I decide to wait for them after all.

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perdidacardenal: @captain_lambert:

A duck of the head, a smash of a pellet against his face and the sound of painful shuffling backward. Damian would hold his breath and pull his cape over his mouth trying to not breathe in the gas that was enveloping his face, and despite his efforts he did feel nauseous. His body shook for a moment as he dry heaved but nothing came out. After about 30 seconds of huffing Damian managed to get his breathing under control to notice she was gone.

He had seen her throw her cape for protection as the thermite hit it and Damian's eyes narrowed under his mask. Despite her demonic appearance Damian knew something. She was not a demon. She was just another obstacle for him to take down.

He proceeded to do just that.

His motions in the smoke were quick, decisive and well-executed, but the female was able to react to him in there; which actually caused Damian to feel a pang of respect for her and her training. But his sword struck true to her armor nonetheless. Then Damian realized something...they weren't alone.

Damian would roll his eyes and his irises would glint with satisfaction as his blade dug into her skin, and he watched as she slinked out of the smoke and responded to his statement.

“I’M NOT A CRIMINAL!”“YOU’RE THE CRIMINAL!”

He watched as she withdrew her sword, but Damian would put his blade away as he stepped forwards. "That was truly quite an idiotic thing to say. I saw you working with the other gang members I was fighti-"

He would step out of the smoke to meet her and he would be ready for any attack but he would sigh slightly and shake his head as the revelation dawned on him...They had been fighting in reverse, taking out two gangs that had been fighting each other. They had jumped in on the action and hadn't even thought of the fact. Damian felt like a moron. "We were both fools. I am not your enemy....anymore I mean. But we should take our leave"

Just as he was about to offer his assistance he heard a voice on the megaphone that made Damian's fists clench and he strode forward as the smoke began dissipating, and he heard So-So's voice from behind him loud and clear.

“I can’t lift my other arm, but I can put it behind my back.”

"Don't be foolish. We need to leave, getting caught by the police is good for no one." Damian's voice would be calm and deliberate.

“If you harm them… I will kill you.”

The young assassin's body would freeze and he would turn his head slightly to look behind him to her "Don't make threats you can't enforce, you're injured. And anyhow my goal isn't to harm them. It's to buy us time."

His head would turn back around and he would stride forward "But I suggest you stay close while I distract them. Or you can leave, I will not stop you.

No Caption Provided

Damian would continue walking forward until he reached the police baracade and he would stop about twenty feet away from the police. His cape fluttering around him and he pulled his hood ontop of his head, his hands clasped to his side as he grabbed the hilt of his wakizashi, his other hand held his belt in case he needed to grab his expandable katana.

He would look at the police and directly at Lambert and even though he was far away his voice would ring out into the area with a loud boom.

No Caption Provided

"This was a misunderstanding. The criminals are not dead. Simply detained. There is no more need for further violence. Let us cease it before you get hurt."

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16916  Edited By Juno_Fei

@damian_knight: Are... Are you trying to negotiate with police officers who are actively calling for your arrest...?

Let us cease it before you get hurt.

Like... They're going to shoot you.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16917 Feral Nova  Moderator

@juno_fei said:

@damian_knight: Are... Are you trying to negotiate with police officers who are actively calling for your arrest...?

He wants to get me killed... I know it

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juno_fei said:

I offered to end it. Lambert can take it or leave it *LOL*

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16919 Feral Nova  Moderator

@feral_nova said:
@juno_fei said:

He’s a cop, you’re a kid beating people down into a pulp and breaking the law on more than one account, how do you think this would play out in real life? (As Lambert has stated that he wants to be as authentic as he can with the force)

I’ll tell you, WITH BULLET HOLES IN YOUR CHEST! People get shot for less! Like standing in your own apartment doing absolutely nothing wrong LESS.

Flub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west said:
@feral_nova said:
@juno_fei said:

He’s a cop, you’re a kid beating people down into a pulp and breaking the law on more than one account, how do you think this would play out in real life? (As Lambert has stated that he wants to be as authentic as he can with the force)

I’ll tell you, WITH BULLET HOLES IN YOUR CHEST! People get shot for less! Like standing in your own apartment doing absolutely nothing wrong LESS.

Could not have said it better myself. Not only what's been said, but now Damian is resisting arrest... While brandishing a goddamn feudal Japanese weapon and threatening them with violence.It's not like they're other heroes that can be talked to. You've put yourself in a bind, because either now you'll assault police officers, and make yourself a serious target of the entirety of Gothic's police force, or you flee and become a fugitive.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lebreau_liafador:

"The 'old you' sounds a lot like the current me. Are you sure we're not doing this mentor thing backwards?" Abby said through a smile, not entirely forced. A weak attempt at humour was the best she could do at the moment. She still wanted to help, but felt in that moment that anything she could say would be diminished by what'd just happened. The social reset would have to wait til next time.

Gradually, however, she found herself once again able to make eye contact again, all too pleased to be moving on. Chance's inquiry was another matter, each part totally distinct, and not exactly suited for the potential Liafador Matriarch. Most of Abigail's recent efforts had gone to preparing herself for the next (and hopefully last) confrontation with Ezra Strix. In the name of her own safety as well as those around her, she spent most nights in an entirely different dimension; but to say speak of any of that would invite questions dancing too close to her own family's guarded secrets. So she answered with a shrug, "Wherever you need me to be, for now. Until you feel comfortably sorted with your situation I'll try not to stray too far for too long. Suppose I could busy myself doing small acts of good here and there, work on the foundations for the Ambrose shelters...Anything that seems appropriate, I guess. Why?"

Lebreau_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens:

Initially, she shook her head there was no real reason for her question other than curiosity. "No particular reason." Really she just didn't want Abby to return to Valor, things were really hitting the fan across the bridge but she'd never let her know that what was on her mind.

"I need a favor from you. I don't know maybe you can or can't do it. But you're far better equipped to do it than me. I need to know the location of Alexis Pettis. I have to meet with him."

Though Chance's focus was clearly on the role she was about to take, something killed her train of thought. Her father was in trouble. Since he was in trouble that meant only one person had found him. "Zeon..." She whispered her sister's name would mean nothing to Abby, but it meant enough to her to reach down for the Cat.

"I'm sorry. I have to go."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lebreau_liafador:

"No particular reason."

Not a very good lie, Abby thought, looking dubiously over Chance's expression but ultimately dropping it in her mind. Whatever was bothering Chance, after that last minute or so Abigail was the last person who was going to criticize her for holding her tongue. Besides at the moment it seemed Chance had bigger concerns. Which meant Abby had bigger concerns by extension.

"I'll see what I can do about Pettis," she said, though pondering why this had to happen through her. While unaware of the exact intricate workings of the family tree, she understood an extant connection between Alexis and the Liafador family, so he and Chance were somehow connected. But couldn't she reach him directly, then? He hadn't left Abigail with a means of contacting him, but his son Achilles had. Abby smiled. Sometimes existing as a caricature-esque image of virtue had its uses.

Her eyes widened in mild panic as Chance started her attempt at a hasty exit. "Chance, wait!" Reaching down, she sought to take hold of her trainee's hand before she could reach the cat, meeting her eyes. "What's going on? Are you in danger? Don't get me wrong, I know how this might come across given what just happened. But my issues are in mypast"for now"and I need to know that you're not about to go rushing off chasing danger for yourself without a reliable means of support. Say the word, and I'll be right there with you. Just don't try and blow me off on this or I'll have to play the 'seniority' slash 'mentor' card and say you have to tell me." She was half-smirking, trying to inject a little levity into the situation in the hopes it might open Chance up on what was obviously a touchy subject. But even if not, if nothing else she had something to go off of, vague though it may have been.

Zeon...

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captain_lambert
Captain_Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perdidacardenal: @damian_knight:

Every moment of silence that transpired, the smaller the street felt as it was condensed in raw tension. Lambert watched the two vigilantes sharply, not needing any elaborate deduction to see that they were both weighing their options. The one clad in black became submissive almost instantly, raising their one hand to the back of their head, while straining with the other.

“I can’t lift my other arm, but I can put it behind my back.”

The Captain grimaced at the voice that called out from behind the mask, it was a girl, a teenage girl. As a precaution, Lambert raised a cautionary hand to the officers behind him, silently telling them to hold their fire in compliance with this display of surrender. Once he was certain he still had control of the situation, he spoke into the horn once more.

"That's fine, that's fine. I'm now asking you to lay face down on the ground, do not hurt yourself any further." Even through the screech of a bullhorn, the Captain's tone never raised a decibel over a tone of civility. With each development of this standoff, he found himself more concerned than anything for the lives of these teenagers. Still, time was running low, as the gangsters these two beat to a pulp started stirring more frequently. If they regained consciousness, it would just be another spark near the powder keg.

Speaking of sparks, while the girl in black complied with Lambert's plea, the boy in the domino mask was proving troublesome...

"This was a misunderstanding. The criminals are not dead. Simply detained. There is no more need for further violence. Let us cease it before you get hurt."

He took a few steps further, causing the officers wielding shotguns to cock the fore-ends of their weapons, priming the beanbags inside. Lambert once again raised his hand, practically emanating with the scolding he would give them if they were to fire too soon.

"First degree aggravated assault of multiple civilians and conducting vigilante justice... The judge won't misunderstand that as anything else but up to fifty years in prison, I can assure you of that." Lambert spoke to the boy, not bothering with the horn as the vigilante was now close enough to shout at. "Give it up, son. You come quietly, and it's all the more to help you in a court of law. I can't guarantee that if you don't comply. She's already surrendered, and these men you have beaten need a hospital... We're moving in, whether you're ready or not..."

Lambert raised his hand, signaling the officers to move past the perimeter and close in on the two vigilantes. While the Captain was busy with his light "negotiation", the officers behind the duo had already moved in significantly, now closing in a mere ten foot distance. In no time, red dots were fixed on the boy, originating from a dozen different taser guns fixed on his person.

"Hands on your head, kid! We're not asking twice!" One of the officers barked, firming his grip on the taser while also reaching for his handcuffs.

Lebreau_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens:

Abby's hand snatch hers, leaving Chance visually questioning how she moved so fast. She could hear Abby speaking, but her mind was stuck on the feeling of dread spreading through her body. Her Earthly Green eyes carried the haste of recklessness, while the rest of her body spoke in direct contrast with determination. "S-she would never hurt me" Chance spat seemingly trying to convince herself more than Abby.

"I told you back when we were in Valor City when I finally met my father and he was on the run. He was running from my sister. It's kind of hard for me to explain to you how I know he's in trouble I just do. She's going to kill him. I have to get to her"

She loved Zeon more than anything, and she was confident that her oldest sister wouldn't allow anything to happen to her. But that was Matriarch Zeon, the human. Now she was a Cardinal Demon and far more bloodthirsty than ever.

"My sister has done a lot of horrible things since I last saw her, but if she kills our dad; I will lose her forever. I can't let that happen"

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lebreau_liafador:

Slowly, Abby'd began piecing together a vague picture of how things worked in this peculiar family, who was related to whom in what ways, and different channels of power within the family structure. Even still she knew what she had wouldn't even constitute a fraction of the relevant details; but all she really needed was to know about the things that affected Chance. He seemed like a good man, Alexis, but he was not and never would be Abigail's primary concern. But she understood the perception of duty, so she released her hand, albeit with a warning.

"I'm not telling you what to do with your family, and I wouldn't dream of telling a girl not to do everything she could to save her father if he's in danger. But given who your father is and what he's capable of, if she's a danger to him then she's absolutely a threat to you, at least potentially. Set boundaries for yourself so you're not left at the mercy of the immoral and undignified to set them for you. And lastly, if you find you need my help, say the word and I'll be there faster than you can say 'You were right.'"

Lebreau_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens:

No Caption Provided

She couldn't help but release a jovial laugh before nodding her head in compliance. "Yes Sensei" She replied trying not to allow a boisterous laugh to seize the seriousness of the moment but she couldn't express her gratitude enough. For someone to care enough about her well-being to assist in a situation they knew nothing about? that spoke volumes.

"WHEN I get back maybe next time we do this you'll actually order something," She said motioning to the empty table save for her soda. Putting down a few dollars to cover her tab, the young Matriarch took a prolonged glance at Abby, even managing to subdue the cat just long enough.

"Thanks. For everything" With a pat on Abby's shoulder's Chance was off for a fated meeting with her sister.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16929 Rosso  Online

Next time we're sparring. 😏 I've never fought a Sha before.

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

Next time we're sparring. 😏 I've never fought a Sha before.

No Caption Provided
Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador: I wouldn't actually do that to you (well, not yet and not without a handicap). Abby's probably my most developed character...going against a character deliberately played as inexperienced/underdeveloped? That's just cheap, except when played for story purposes.

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador: I wouldn't actually do that to you (well, not yet and not without a handicap). Abby's probably my most developed character...going against a character deliberately played as inexperienced/underdeveloped? That's just cheap, except when played for story purposes.

It's really just the thought of fighting you period lol

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16934  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

@captain_lambert: @captain_lambert: The Site is acting dumb and wont let me log into So-so, so I'm just gonna post with this account

"Don't make threats you can't enforce, you're injured. And anyhow my goal isn't to harm them. It's to buy us time.”

She grit her teeth under her mask. This was no killer. This was a fool, a child playing a dangerous game with no regard but himself. “If you hurt them, you make life here more difficult. Just leave.” What she meant was that, if he were to harm them, the crackdown on vigilantes would be more harsh than they already were. This child would make everything worse.

His ego was bigger than those she met back at the Academy. She also didn’t know his ways, which meant… there was a possibility he really would attack innocent men and women who were doing what they thought was right to protect this toxic city, and she wasn’t about to stand for that. The moment he threatened the police, So-so stood up, grasping the her Han Jian sword, unfortunately going against what the officer told her. Risky, she knew it was, they could fire upon her at any moment, but she wasn’t going to let the fool attack them. Even if the officers yelled at her to stay down, she wouldn’t listen. She knew it would cause more trouble for her. This child was already causing more trouble for her.

Instead she would plant her feet upon the ground before the masked child and hold her blade with her unarmed extremity. Her mask and hood still upon her as she got into a defensive stance without raising her blade. “You’re making the situation bad, for everyone.” Her voice wasn’t loud enough for everyone around to hear, but loud enough to reach the ears of the foolish killer. “Do not be a fool."

Grimsrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16935  Edited By Grimsrud

@humansfirst: Short and sweet. You know how I am.

Helluva lotta travel lately, thought Arthur as the SUV ground to a halt outside the high rise apartment tower. Helluva lotta work on other people's behalf. He got out from the passenger's seat and the vehicle pulled off. Sick o' this city. He checked his watch. Thirty minutes early. Sick o' the quiet. That was more like it. Not the right kind of stimulation, not enough. However this, he sensed, was about to change.

Arthur unlocked the front doors himself and entered the building. Ostensibly a neutral meeting place, the tenement offered a location where his alter ego, Ragnarok, wouldn't draw eyes; no connection would be drawn between either he or his employer and the illicit activities they sponsored or took part in; and the contact could show in whatever form he pleased, also without concern for the wandering gaze of curious individuals. In reality the building and several around it had been purchased by an off-the-record proxy of Walter Hughes in his silent corporate expansion into the city. This building was as yet uninhabited. Just in case things went wrong.

Nothing to do but wait. Arthur seated himself and kicked his feet up at what was and someday would again be a reception desk, watching the entrance and occasionally whistling to himself. God, what he wouldn't give for a drink. Sometimes he hated that helmet.

Lost_Carbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(sing songy) Someone's gooonna diiiie
(sing songy) Someone's gooonna diiiie

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian's cape fluttered in the crisp wind and the young vigilante's grip would loosen on his sword and his hand would drop slowly to his side as he stood at attention as tasers began lining their sites on him. The captain's cold voice did not phase Damian in the least.

But he stopped looking like he was going to brutally attack the police.

Which was never his plan...

Damian just had social issues.

"First degree aggravated assault of multiple civilians and conducting vigilante justice... The judge won't misunderstand that as anything else but up to fifty years in prison, I can assure you of that."

No Caption Provided

"These civilians were trying to kill each other. And trying to kill us. We stopped them. No one died, something that couldn't be said if you and your team arrived brandishing your guns the way you are now." The young Knight would turn his back to the officers and walk towards So-So, and though he was facing away he could feel the lasers on his back. The masked assassin had gripped her sword which caused Damian to scowl slightly and shake his head at her words.

You’re making the situation bad, for everyone. Do not be a fool."

"*TT* You are being the fool. You wear a mask for a reason of which you are willing to throw away. You're trying to protect them from me. But I am attempting to protect you from them."

Damian would look back at Lamberts approaching forces and he'd sigh slightly and continue talking to So-So as he reached closer to his other hand and pressed a button. "I know you not but I can tell from the way you move and fight that you come from a past not unlike my own. Which means you may have enemies, and family. Can you risk being exposed to the world? Can your loved ones?"

He'd click his tongue and release a huff of breath as he realized he was coming off badly. "You must forgive my bad manners. As you've seen I'm not the most social of people. But as I said before, I never intended on harming them, I was buying us time."

Then he'd point up.

No Caption Provided

The hiss of an engine roared above them and a black craft hovered in the air 70 feet above them. Damian smirked slightly and turned his head back to Captain Lambert and his forces.

"Hands on your head, kid! We're not asking twice!"

"Goodbye Captain." Damian would put his gauntlet in the air and shoot it straight into the ship.

"Do you have a line?" He'd ask So-So. Then if not he would pass her a spare from his belt. And without another word, he would shoot into the sky and land in the cockpit of the ship waiting for So-So to join him, and if she didn't he would blast into the distance. If she did join him he would still blast into the distance....just with her in the plane.

If So-So doesn't join the ship I think I'll be tappin out. Nice interaction with you Captain