Gothic City [CVnU: Living Location]

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

yanking his arm back and peeling the dead man's face from his skull. I'll use this, he decided.

Torture. There was no other way.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Coda_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald:

ℝ???????? ?? ???????? 00:32:09

She hadnt been able to watch or even listen. The brutality of the crash had been hard enough to digest on its own. She never had been able to handle the thought of death. But she had made sure the feed had anomalously live streamed on a series of dark-web sites.

Musa could use it as an invaluable study guide. Meticulously he was determined to thumb through the newest catalog of Gothic's latest confederacy of capes and cowls. Appearances, tendencies, movements and tactics. And the Den of Thieves were the perfect tool to suss out the shadow dwelling heroes, hell bent on halting the city's downward spiral.

The live stream would serve little purpose to the web outside of increasing the fabricated digital identity of the Rogue Nation's criminal incubator's reputation. And a digital reputation was everything, when anonymity and timely results were the expectation.

No Caption Provided

But it would also serve in fashioning a mythological like narrative for the Sonar Street Shinobi, Grimmwald. He had brought a brutality to the underworld few in the states had ever witnessed. An inadvertent though acceptable side effect of the closed circuit stream. But even so, the King of Kings had seen the human condition at its most barbaric, its most sadistic. And he wasnt afraid. Though many would be....many, should, be.

Before perishing one the Thieves, in a sad and pissed stained effort to save his life, revealed the true location and purpose of the Coda 4. Whom were only minutes away from downloading the files and sitting fire to the precinct.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_coda_4:

The Den of Thieves had forced his hand, left him with no choice but to reach into the depths of physical torture. But finally, the truth was sung to his ears like a sweet serenade. Slowly, Grimmwald rose to his feet, and his eyes passed over those he'd broken and crippled. They were alive. He didn't kill. But the sickening cry of pain from their broken bones and damaged nerves made them wish he had. "An ambulance will be here shortly", he said, voice like a calm breath meant to soothe their agony. "You'll live. Some of you with a permanent limp for the rest of your lives. But the rest of you", Grimmwald paused, turning away and showing his back to them, "May never walk again". Stepping into the shadows, he vanished from the store.

Outside, the wind howled, and a payphone hung limp from the cord. An ambulance had been called to the store, by a woman it seemed, freckled and red haired. But as she pulled away back into the shadows of an alleyway, Grimmwald emerged. There's nothing I can do to stop the Rogue Nation, he conceded, eyes shut and his heart sinking for the city. They're too far and I'm too late. Musa was ingenious. He'd lured Grimmwald into a game of chess and played him for a fool. Blood boiling, and his brow scowling a storm, the Horned Saint vanished, returning to the Cave to do the only thing that remained in his power; inform Richard of everything he'd learned.

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: (that short but fun and helped set up alot for me lol good lookin out)

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir: LOL, yeah it was pretty fun. I can see Musa using the dark web to really exert his influence over Gothic.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Especially with a technopath.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: This is why he'll stick to using pigeons instead of phones, LMAO.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16261  Edited By Hawkshade
Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I inject my pigeons with HgH
I inject my pigeons with HgH
Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Road always seems to lead back this way, somehow...
Road always seems to lead back this way, somehow...

Dog perched on the upper levels of one of the cathedrals that dotted Gothic City. It sometimes seemed strange that there were so many houses of worship in what most considered a godless city, but others said that it was the worst places that needed salvation the most. Those kinds of debates always gave Dog a laugh; he'd been around long enough that there were places so nasty that redemption caught the first train out of town.

This was definitely one of those places, and it was why he was here. Not only did it feel like the kind of hellhole he could call home, it was critical to his hunt. If the endgame wasn't going to be here, then what eventually led him to it was, he was sure of it. It was just a matter of flushing it out...

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gripper: Everdeen's head nodded like he was taking punches from a professional fighter. He was somewhat agreeing what was being said, but his main goal was to get the man to shut up, and this seemed like a good solution. "Okay. Alright. Let's say I hypothetically agreed to team-up, how and why would I trust you? Just look around!" He pointed to shady looking people and dark alleys, then continued. "This is Gothic City, baby. Home of the low lives and two-faced snakes. No one can be trusted 'round here, not even me. And damn sure not you. This could all just be a setup."

The encounter he had with Ylanis Esaith back in New Orleans changed him more than he's willing to admit. Also, it was a case of not letting another one in on his secret. Aberdeen already did it once, and he wasn't planning on doing it again. At least not easily. If he keeps this guy lingering around long enough then he just might crack.

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16266  Edited By Gripper

@aberdeen:

Jack was stunned by the strangers words. How does one trust another? It was a question as old as time and as confusing as life itself. Immediately he looks away, as he tries to think of an appropriate answer. But in the end the best he could come up with was, “How does anyone trust someone else?” He then takes in a deep calming breath as he tries to answer the conundrum, “To start with I tried to save that street ladies life as well as yours.” Feeling confident in his justification, he keeps the conversation going as he turns the question around on the stranger, “Another thing is, Iam willing to putmy trust in you, despite the fact ...” his head nods towards your hand still stained in dried blood, “...you are the onewho does notappear trustworthy!

And lets talk about GothicCity” he says with passion, “if you never put your trust in someone else.How is thiscity going to improve.” He stands a bit taller speaking with pride, “yeah this place is filled withthe lowestforms of life that wouldrather stab you in the back than acknowledge you exist, but someone has to stand up for it.” Filled with passion he balls up his fist and finishes, “So suck It up, be a man, and become the symbol of trust this city needs and do the right thing for the right reason!

Filled with pride he looks at you through his larger than normal thick shaded sun glasses, hiding his slightly naive eyes. He knew full well his words were shear nonsense, but with a speck of truth and it was that speck of truth he hoped would ring in your ears. Either way, he felt cocky enough to lean against the nearest wall with his arms crossed in a boss kind of way, as he patiently waits for an answer.

The_Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16267  Edited By The_Stray

@tessa_callahan:

She hated this place.

She really did. She should have been much more comfortable in Glade City; at least people there weren't just looking for an excuse to kill her, so long as she stayed out of sight. Most cities consisted of predators and prey; Gothic was just greater predators and lesser predators. Well, and scavengers, like her. Those who scraped by on what the predators overlooked or didn't care about. And she was one of the best at that.

Besides, even though her lair in Glade might have been safe from casual discovery, it wasn't hers. It was his. It hadn't been given to her so much as inflicted on her, like everything else she'd gotten from the Alpha Dog. If he gave you something, it was because he wanted something in return, and all he'd ever wanted from her was her pain.

So she found herself sneaking back to Gothic. The trip would have tired most, but she was fast, and could keep going a lot longer than most, even if she hadn't had a decent meal in days. So she lurked in the shadows of the market neighborhood in her canine form, carefully watching the comings and goings of the merchants and shoppers, waiting for one who looked like they'd have something she could use to get through a couple more days...

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You're sure."

It wasn't a question. It wasn't even really the simple statement it seemed. Really, it was the most efficient way Elsa could think of to express the sentiment "I'm convinced that you're screwing this up, and if I'm right, it'll be coming out of your hide."

"Yeah, I'm sure!" It wasn't often that the Wolf didn't feel in control, but the emotion that cracked ever-so-slightly in her voice gave ample evidence that her boss was getting under her skin, which was something she deeply resented. "I'm not about to forget someone who shoots me point-blank in the leg, alright? We've had every banger sticking their noses into every crack and crevice in town, and there's no sign of the jerk. Plenty of other players popping up, though. Gothic's getting hot again."

Elsa leaned back in her chair, her eyes fixed on the Wolf like she was a serpent sizing up a rodent. "Fine, then. Change of plans: you and your pack of toughs are now in full reconnaissance mode. I want to know who all the players are, major and minor. If someone so much as helps a little old lady across the street, I want to know about it. Get going."

The Wolf bit back a retort as she stood and headed for the door, her limp almost completely gone. Being the only gang in Gothic in the employ of a wealthy heiress had some advantages, advantages that made putting up with the odd bit of verbal abuse worth it.

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-634b048964548
deactivated-634b048964548

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alpha_dog:

It did occur to Thunderfist that the father might have given her faulty information, but Sarah didn't wish to aggravate the situation by forcing the information out of the man just in case he did feed her misinformation. Just as Dog glances her over, Sarah does the same to him. If they fight, Thunderfist knows she has to be careful.

The moment of truth arrives. It's time to see if that information is useless or not. Either way, Sarah is ready for action. She stands in such a way that she can easily punch or kick Dog, perhaps dodge if she needs to. Left foot ahead of the other, right foot back, weight shifted mostly on her right leg. With a deep breath, she takes out a slip of paper, but slowly. She deliberately makes sure Dog is keeping an eye on. At least, she hopes so. She takes out a slip of paper, then opens it. On it is a bunch of equations, obviously written down by the father. These math equations are beyond Sarah's understanding, but she shows it to Dog not expecting him to make heads or tails of it either. But one never knows, "The formula to create a super soldier, he completed it as demanded."

Now it is time to find out if this will make Dog happy or if Sarah has been fed misinformation. Either way, Sarah is ready for an attack if it comes. But she hopes this can be resolved peacefully.

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderfistx:

Dog was impressed. This merc seemed young, but she moved with an inherent caution that spoke to no small amount of training and probably a few hard-earned experiential lessons. He took the note from her and glanced it over with a raised eyebrow, a slow smile beginning to creep across his face. "Well, I'll be a...gotta give the ol' guy some credit. Figured he'd either rabbit or roll over; never thought he'd try to negotiate. This ain't what I wanted, but I can find someone who does. If he can meet me halfway, suppose I can do the same. Kid can live, but yer goin' home in a bag, sweetheart."

With that, Dog lashed out, swinging one clawed hand in what was intended to be a decapitating slash.

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-634b048964548
deactivated-634b048964548

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alpha_dog:

Sarah is pleased with herself that Dog apparently likes the information. But she doesn't relax her guard, not around this guy. And it's a very good thing she didn't, either. As Dog lashes out, Sarah moves with the poise and grace of a master acrobat. She leans backwards, the tips of Dog's claws barely missing her by mere centimeters. She keeps going backwards, doing a reverse somersault. As she does, she kicks out with her right foot, hoping it connects with Dog's jaw before she flips completely over end and back on her feet again. She actually smiles, "Sorry, but I don't like body bags."

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderfistx:

Dog grunted as Sarah's boot connected with his jaw, staggering backwards a couple of steps. Not a bad kick at all; if he had a normal skeletal structure, he'd have been down for the count. He gave her a nod as he rubbed at his jaw.

"Don't worry, babe. That little stunt just earned ya an upgrade from bag to bucket."

With that, he surged forward, becoming a missile of dense muscle and bone that was preceded by a flurry of claw swipes.

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Gothic Halfway House for Wayward Metahumans:

No Caption Provided

As the GCPD wheeled the unsettling large man across the grounds of the halfway house, Elsa Beremud watched dispassionately from one of the massive building's upper windows. "And to what do we own the honor of this one's presence?"

"He's served out his jail sentence," answered her smartly dressed executive assistance, as he skimmed the new arrival's information on his tablet, "but the judge felt that he needed some...additional rehabilitation before he could be released into the public. Let's see here...enhanced strength and durability, and...hmm...cannibalistic tendencies."

"Cannibalistic tendencies?" Elsa raised a speculative eyebrow as she glanced from the scene below to her assistant.

"Erm, yes. Evidently they couldn't prove that he'd actually murdered the fellow he was found snacking on, hence he was only convicted of abuse of a corpse."

"Mm." Her cold gaze returned the cage that was now approaching the loading dock. The more "volatile" occupants tended to not be brought in through the main entrance. "Have him sent to sublevel 3, and get the lab crew prepped. This one's 'rehabilitation' is going to be much more extensive than planned."

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beremud: I love the name of that place, LMAO.

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: Thank you! It makes the stationary a bit expensive, but I feel it's worth it. ;)

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beremud:

Perhaps your organization has the ability to imprison some of this worlds more.. capable criminals.
Perhaps your organization has the ability to imprison some of this worlds more.. capable criminals.

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Oh, imprison and improve!

...by which I mean rehabilitate them into law-abiding citizens, of course.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gripper:

His eyes rolled at the stranger, not sure where to start because everything said just now was bullshit to him. Aberdeen put his hands behind his back, slowly walking around with a look of disapproval. "I... I don't know where to start 'cause all that stuff you said was utter crap, and you know it," he said while continue pacing. "Okay, you talked about trust? Hm. I pretty much made it clear that you CAN'T trust me. You saw what I did to that thug not too long ago, right? I took his frickin' heart out and enjoyed it very, very much. I'm a dangerous guy with secrets; you have to be more of a fool than I thought if you actually trust me even a little bit."

The pacing stopped and he gave the man a long staredown, addressing his other points. "Pssh. Unlike you, I don't live in la-la land and believe in fairy tales, happy endings. There's no changing this place or these people." His eyes shifted to the streets and people that were near and he couldn't help but start laughing. Tears began to roll down his face due to the laughter. However, it was short-lived because his attention was back on the enigma. "All right let's get back to it. For starters save your boy scout speeches for someone who really cares or wants to make a difference. Secondly, no one tells me what to do or even suggest such. And thirdly if you want to be that guy who gives hope to this city then be my guest, but you see me? I'm not a hero, nor do I want to be. So, are we done here?"

The_Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It went the same way, every time. Even in her strongest form, she couldn't hurt him, not really, not in any way that mattered. He slapped her attacks aside as contemptuously as if she was a toddler throwing a tantrum. Fast as she was, she couldn't get away. Her feet could not carry her more than a hundred yards before he was on top of her, his heavy frame crushing her to the ground and driving the air from her lungs. He gripped her by the back of her neck and dragged her to the nearest gutter, where he shoved her face into the filthy water that flowed down Gothic's streets every time it rained, as though there was too much corruption for water to ever flow cleanly, there. She thrashed and flailed to no avail, finally being forced to open her mouth. As the disgusting water rushed in to drown her, she awoke screaming or howling, depending on her form.

Tonight, it was the latter.
Tonight, it was the latter.

Adrenaline spiking into her brain, she almost reflexively rolled onto all four and ran. The direction did matter; she just needed to get away. If if he wasn't her, her howl might have been others; others might come. She had to run until her limbs gave out and she collapsed in a heap. If she exhausted herself enough, sometimes the dream wouldn't come a second time.

Sometimes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1417bdcb180
deactivated-5d1417bdcb180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. Most interesting...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade

Two or Three Years Ago...

Connor saw it on the news, the destruction of Gothic City and covered up by the US President to be the act of a terrorist instead of for what it truly was. Connor and his mother were given the sad news that a father, and an ex-husband, had died in the blast. But that was another lie to cover up the truth and Connor did not yet know it.

It was shortly after that, Connor's mother had a mental breakdown and she was submitted to a mental institution for treatment. Rather than being submitted to child services or live with other family that never existed, Connor fled Metro City and took up residence in the ruins of Gothic City. Why Connor did that is anyone's guess. Perhaps he couldn't let go of his father's memory. It could be any number of reasons. Eventually, the place was rebuilt by the rich and powerful. And when that happened, the crime came back. And that is when Connor began fighting as the Reaver.

For two or three years, Connor used what his father had taught him and fought crime. The city had taken his father and he would make sure he would see no more fathers taken from their sons. He swore that on his father's grave.

Connor lived off the streets, stealing only what he needed in order to survive. And if he stole money, it was only from the corrupted people of Gothic City. But he never took too much, only just enough to to live and maintain his equipment. He never accepted money out of charity, always refusing it. A hero's work was never done, but he didn't think of himself as a hero. Just a kid doing what had to be done and sometimes, sometimes that got a bit brutal.

The Present...

No Caption Provided

Since the Reaver's crime fighting career began, he has kept everyone at arms length. It didn't matter if it was a doctor patching him up or some kids his own age. Connor made it a point never to make any friends. His problem was, he didn't trust anybody. This city killed his father and he wouldn't rest until this city no longer needed him.

Tonight, Reaver sees the last man standing. The man with the shotgun is twitchy, accidentally shooting a boiler that had made too much noise. "WHAT ARE YOU?!" The man cries out in fear. "WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Reaver smirks as he hangs upside down from his grapnel, "Here." He whispers.

The thug jumps half out of his skin, almost screaming. But in a flash of motion, he's out like a light and that takes care of the last one. The bomb! Reaver is too late! The building explodes.

Reaver makes it just in time as he jumps out of a window and goes into a roll. He stands and watches as the fire burns what little is left of the building. Thank goodness he got everyone out, including that last thug he knocked out. No casualties.

But a heroes work is never done and it's still early this time of night.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redreaver:

Reaver. Son of Mysteryman. May he rest in peace.

Hawkshade crouched on a nearby roof and watched Reaver work through the enhanced vision mode of his old Strigidae cowl. The kid is good. Fast. Determined. No one died.

That was what mattered.

The vigilante rose and walked across the roof into the deeper shadows, entering them like a pebble sinking into black water at night. When Hawkshade hid, he was gone.

A few moments later he emerged from the alleyway across the street from the burning rubble of the building, watching the flames cast shadows that twisted and contorted. The scene was reflected in a car window beside him; a hellish blaze, glowing red-orange in the dusk.

"Reaver." He rumbled in his deep voice. "My name is Hawkshade."

"We need to talk."

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Begin recording.

"Your prognosis, doctor?"

"Quite fascinating, ma'am. Preliminary tests show strong indications that our patients enhanced physical traits and his...unusual appetites can be traced to what are frankly obscene levels of activity the most primitive, reptilian portions of the brain."

"Go on."

"Well...this presents us with a rather unique opportunity. Since our patient's brain seems capable of handling this manner of abnormal activity, we could, with the proper biochemical stimulation, push his...condition to hitherto inconceivable levels."

"And you haven't already begun this process because..."

"I wanted to ensure that I had your support, ma'am. This is, after all, taking the project to an entirely new level."

"And that is the entire point of the project, you over-educated imbecile. Begin. Now!"

End recording.

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16294  Edited By Gripper

@aberdeen:

With every word the stranger said, Jack could see more of himself in the kid. The whole devil make care attitude mixed with a lone wolf mentality, reminded him of his younger years. Because of this, after the impassioned speech he realized fancy words and moral lessons was not the way to go. With a slumping of his shoulder Jack took a relaxed stance and told it like it is. “Okay you’re right! It’s all utter Bullcrap. The truth is the people of Gothic would rather step ON you rather than step over you. Any one telling you other wise is selling something. Gothic City is home to the worst degenerates that take what they can by force.” He looks upwards, in hope, “..the problem is some people can’t or are unable to fight back, and those are the people we help.” He then tilts his head to his side as he scratches the back of his head, “...and you’re also right about the whole hero thing. The only thing a hero is in this city is a bigger target.” He sighs, “..I just want to help out those who can’t help themselves.

No Caption Provided

Caught up in the moment, he slams his right fist into the wall. Using less than a fraction of his strength, he not only smashes through it causing small brick pieces to scatter everywhere, but sends a slender crack to crawl up the wall. Stepping back he looks down upon his muscular arms and reflects, “You know I’ve been on both sides of the law, and the only thing I learned that brings me comfort is, If you have the chance to help someone you should!” He then mumbles under his breath, “...just like someone helped me..” Getting back into the moment, he looks at the stranger with a stern and disappointed expression. “But that of course means nothing to you! After all you have proven quiteclearly, that you’resomeone not to betrusted.” Taking the moral high ground he continues, “So why don’t you go back to your, (his voice takes on a mocking tone)single apartment and I’ll go about my business.

Suddenly the ear piece in Jack’s ear buzzes and his smarter half checks in, “G-Man you there?” Immediately Jack places a finger over his ear for better reception as he turns his back on the stranger for privacy. Speaking from the safety of his office his good friend, Dr. Suars chimes in, “We gottrouble G. There’s a liquor store in your area gettingrobbed as we speak. Looks like a perfectchance for you to get all six of your hands dirty.” With no time to waste, Jack signs off, then turns back to the stranger. “Well I can’t say it’s been fun, but I got work to do. There’s a building beingrobbed as wespeak and I’m gonna try to help.” Again he turns his back on the stranger, this time ready to leave him behind, this time ending the conversation cold and abruptly, “and yes, we are done here! …....GOODBYE!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade:

No Caption Provided

Reaver turns around, a ninja star at the ready. But then he lowers it when he sees who it is. He has heard of whispers of Hawkshade operating all around the world, but mainly in Gothic City. He's never met the man until now, so what did this vigilante want? Time to find out.

With a reserved caution, he eyes the big man with suspicion. Living on the streets and trusting only himself has given Reaver a skewed outlook on life. "Not here, someplace more private."

Reaver points to a nearby rooftop that is up high, away from prying eyes, "Up there." Then he grabs his grapnel and shoots it, letting his tool drag him up far enough that Reaver uses his parkour to climb the rest of the way with speed and efficiency. Once on the roof, he waits for Hawkshade but the man is likely already here. So, he nods at the man, "What do you wish to talk about?"

Reaver is a spitting image of his father, but younger and with blue eyes instead of brown. But under those white lenses, one cannot tell what color his eyes are. But the way Reaver carries himself, the way he speaks, it's so much like Mysteryman. The boy takes a lot after his father.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redreaver:

The white eye-slits in his cowl followed Reaver's finger as he pointed. A nod.

Unlike Reaver he did not have a grapple gun. He accelerate to a brisk run as he ran diagonlally into an alleyway beside the building and then tic-tack jumped from one wall to the next until a final drive of both powerful legs and a backflip landed him atop the roof.

Without a grapple gun it was slower. Reaver beat him by six seconds. Kid's fast. He hid his approving grin as he walked across the roof.

Same body language as his dad too. A pang of guilt stabbed him in the gut.

He pushed it down. This wasn't the time.

"I'll cut to the chase kid. This city needs help. Not just this city but the world. I won't give you some long speech but I have a team. It's small. Only the best. Only people we can trust. We're not just sitting around fighting villains as they come to us anymore; we're going out and solving crimes, hunting down the bad guys and throwing them behind bars where they belong."

"I want you to join. But before you agree we've got a real important rule; no killing."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade:

Six seconds, that's how much time went by before Reaver sees Hawkshade join him on the roof. And he expected the big man to be here before he did. Nevertheless, the other man is here and cuts to the chase. A team. He wants him to join a team. To go from looking out for himself to joining a team filled with people he hasn't met nor trusts?

Reaver cannot escape a certain sense of irony. He's met a few of the other heroes, some of which have said Connor should join a team and that he cannot keep tackling crime by himself. But he's done pretty well so far all by his lonesome. "Easy rule to keep, I don't kill. My Dad taught me that. But joining your team is out of the question, I work alone. The last partner I had..." He thinks of his Dad, lowering his chin a little, voice a bit lower, "...died."

(OOC: Ha ha, *Whispers* I'm playing hard to get. ~_^)

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16298  Edited By Hawkshade

Easy rule to keep.

"Good."

A frown. "I'm sorry to hear that."His father. Inwardly Hawkshade winced. "I can't force you to say yes. Even if I could, I wouldn't. It has to come from inside you."

The tall vigilante walked to the edge of the building and placed one foot on the short wall that wrapped around the edge, resting his palm atop his bent knee and looking out over the city.

"There is a man out there named Alpha Dog. He has left a trail of bodies from Gothic to Las Vegas."He nearly killed my friend. "He's dangerous. Sadistic. I can't stop him alone."

Then he turned and looked at Reaver. "And there are plenty more where he came from. I want to stop them Reaver. All of them."

@redreaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade:

Good, it seems this man is not going to force the issue. Honestly, Reaver is not sure he can take Hawkshade in a fight. He doesn't know his capabilities or how good he is in a fight. But the mention of this monster known as Alpha Dog stirs something within Connor's soul. "I've heard of him from the news, what little they will say about him." A sadistic monster bent on causing mayhem wherever he goes. Just recently, he had fought a one eyed merc on a rooftop.

Reaver wants to stop them all too. His war on crime will not let him stop until Gothic City's trash is cleaned up. But that piles so high, it's impossible to keep up. A team would be more efficient. But thoughts on relying on others nag at him. But before either one can continue, two assassins leap out of the shadows and armed with katanas. Reaver is surprised but instantly ready as he blocks a sword thrust before kicking his attacker away. The two opponents then engage in a fight that can either end in defeat or death. They seem to go back and forth, as if testing each other. It is not long before Reaver realizes he's out of his depth. It is conceivable this assassin can kill him, but it would still take a very long time. No wonder he came with a partner. Two would simply overwhelm him even with a mutant of his abilities to mimic the skills of others.

Reaver does not dare to look, but he wonders how Hawkshade is doing with the other assassin.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16300  Edited By Hawkshade

The vigilante opened his mouth to speak when his cowl's audio suite amplified a footstep. No one on this roof bu-

-the hiss of a blade. Hawkshade spun and his hands snapped together, catching the katana between his palms.

A fight with a swordsman was dangerous. Especially when you didn't have a weapon yourself. But now Hawkshade had the initiative and he sent the blade spiraling off into the darkness with a flick of his wrists; a move he had mastered training under the Seven Secret Masters.

The assassin counter attacked immediately but Hawkshade was ready, deflecting a flurry of strikes and subtly drawing the mystery attacker into over extending, a mistake he punished with a cracking strike to the nose that sent the assassin reeling, following up with a long combination of complex strikes until he had mapped his foes defensive patterns; then he finished the fight with a heavy spinning kick to the jaw that landed with a crack like a gunshot and dropped the assassin like a sack of potatoes.

He whirled. Reaver was in trouble-- the Son of the Shogun snatched a electroshock-Iaculum from his belt and let it fly; it whistled through the air and curved in a gentle arch behind the assassin and struck him square in the back.

There was a sharp 'bzzzzzzzt' and the man fell, body stiff and convulsing as the non-lethal tazer-like throwing weapon electrocuted him into helplessness.

Hawkshade looked at Reaver. "Are you hurt?"

@redreaver