Retriever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@arquitenens:

Well, that was unexpected.

Ana's expression couldn't help but go from mocking to confused as the arrow burst apart before striking her. Due to the closeness of the alley, the resultant explosion of nonlethal projectiles sent its painful rain ricocheting numerous times between the two buildings. Ana's body contorted as though it was being electrocuted; the result of the repeated impact of multiple projectiles at once, each time from a different direction and striking a different part of her. As the storm of rubber subsided, she dropped to her knees, and then to her face on the alley floor, her vision blurred, her sense of balance disrupted, and what felt like every nerve ending smarting from the attack.

This was only too temporary, however. Her healing factor was already at work: her senses returning to normal, and the wicked bruises that now covered her body already beginning to fade. She was thankful she had worn as much clothing as she had; with any luck, her enemy would not realized how quickly she was recovering. Ana lay very still, hoping to make Abby think she was truly unconscious.

Come a little closer, and let's see what happens...

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8952  Edited By Rafael_Romeiro

@pyrogram:

"Carbonadium is dangerous"

Taking a courteous step inside, Rafael respectfully acknowledges Kurt's presence with a mild yet civil inclination of the head, but no verbal greeting. Tersely shifting his collected, hazel gaze towards the MVP's leader's wounded shoulder, his enrapturing Greek god-like features yielding to a quiet expression of curiosity and subtle concern as he took in every graphic detail, the Black Jaguar coolly remarked, "Carbonadium is dangerous", and indeed it was. The metal was highly radioactive and disrupted the body's healing mechanisms by alterations in vasculature, effects on fibroblasts, and a plethora of varying levels of regulatory growth factors. Long after irradiation from carbonadium, the hyperplastic response observed in keloid formation, pterygia, and the myointimal hyperplasia in blood vessels were diminished.

"Take more caution next time", he calmly advised, the relaxing, soft notes of his engrossing Portuguese accent halting as he met the Emerald Knight's eyes with taciturn magnetism. Projecting an affable brand of poise, Rafael resumed. "A lot of people believe in the MVP's, but a lot of them criticize us as fake heroes and false idols because we get paid. I don't believe in any of that because soldiers and police officers are not any less noble yet they receive monetary rewards", he continued composedly. "I don't care too much what other people think", he stated rather sincerely, having long grown accustomed to the mixed reactions he would receive among the Panthera, "When people love me, it makes me strong. But when they hate me, that motivates me. It makes me unstoppable", he paused, selecting his following words carefully. "But it is not good for the MVP's that we are received so controversially".

"We must give the people a reason to believe in us as much as we believe in ourselves. Because if we don't, we should they?", he rhetorically inquired. "I want to save Gothic City. To save the city that this country's former president abandoned. The one that it's current president has never acknowledged. I want to save the city thought to be beyond a savior's touch". And truthfully, he really did. Primarily due to the altruistic incentive of bettering the lives of others, and secondarily due to his intentions of preventing the MVP's crucifixion by the media. "It will improve the people's opinion of us a lot. And we will be helping a lot of people, and also be paid well for it. They will appreciate this as a great deed, my friend. Great deeds shape the world, some great deeds are even worshiped".

"But I need you, our team leader, and Gothic's police commissioner, to give me the green light. Nobody that I know knows more about this city than you do. You are the person whose most important to this idea".

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retriever:

After a few seconds of nothing happening following the rubber onslaught, Abigail surmised the attacker was either down or fleeing, the former more likely considering the nature of the attack. In either case, checking on things seemed right.

She looked to be down, the effects of the modified arrow seemingly greater than expected. Tethering herself to the roof by a grappling line, Abigail descended the side of the building. While never fully lowering her guard, she'd been reasonably certain it was over. Those rubber pellets could cause extensive injuries, and even death in the wrong circumstance; she prayed it wasn't the latter.

First she would check for pulse, then attempt restraining.

Retriever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens:

Ana waiting, not lifting her face from the filthy ground, scarcely allowing herself to breathe. After a few moments, she heard the sound of the archer's descent from the building, and her approach. A hand reached out, no doubt to check her vital signs. So, she's a nice one. Ana would have checked for life by plunging a blade into someplace vital.

With the suddenness of a striking viper, she struck. Rolling to her back, she braced her upper body against the ground, and snapped her powerful legs upward, attempting to wrap them around Abigail's waist and bring the archer to the ground.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#8957  Edited By Pyrogram

@rafael_romeiro:

No Caption Provided

Fake heroes and false idols. Fake heroes… And false idols. The words ran through the Emerald Archer’s head like a raging storm. To Rafael it would have looked like a pensive thought or deep consideration, but in reality, it was an overwhelming guilt.

Wasn't Kurt one of these false idols, a fake hero? He was sleeping, loving, and living with one of the most infamous criminals within Gothic City, Mistress Sangria. He was overlooking her unlawful activates day in day out, he’d met Queen Cobra, and feigned ignorance to her cause. Were the words of the few so true? Kurt was living this life which was in truth, a fabricated life of heroism. He wasn't the moral paragon of heroism which so many assumed. Crime had apparently fallen by 50% during his time as Commissioner, but in the same respect, this was petty crime, crime which didn’t have a real effect upon anything save for statistics.

Murder and rape, corruption and fraud, none of these things had truly gone down. Drug crime had increased by 25%, and it was rapidly growing. So what was Kurt’s response? Falling in love with a druglord…

With a sigh, the Gothic Knight looked down, withdrawing a notebook from his draw and opening it, allowing his teammate a view. He looked back up, his emerald eyes meeting Rafael’s own with sincerity, a true appreciation of his affiliates objectives. “This book contains the names and alias’s of the worst known criminal’s within Gothic City,” His eyes rolled over, “funny, two of which are in the Shadow Squad.” Ivana and Drake, and hopefully soon to be Quietus, the one who had shot Kurt a few hours ago.

No Caption Provided

“The book has been compiled by me. It includes corrupt officials, the worst criminals, unethical businessmen who allow the city to live in despair, I can’t kill them all, not whilst being the City’s commissioner. But Rafael,” He paused, pushing the book to the man, in case he wanted to keep it. “This city needs more than me. I was once the White Knight of this city and in truth, I thought myself unable to be corrupted. I thought the darkest parks of this city wouldn't destroy my soul… My friend, I was wrong.” He sighed.

“Dark Vengeance once said this city needs someone to inspire them, they need someone they can believe in, they need a hero. A monster alone won't save them, fear won't save them. Fear only works to stop criminals but it doesn't change people, it doesn't reform them, it doesn't help the good people sleep better at night. It only gives them nightmares,”

He paused, taking in a gulp of air, and continued, “He said it needed me, but… I’ve done things, do things, and will continue to do things, which a hero shouldn't do. Recently my father was murdered and instead of arresting the man, I strung him up, tortured him and forced him to join the Shadow Squad, what type of hero is that?” In his eyes, Kurt knew he’d fallen, far.

Sangria was the polar opposite to his ideology, yet he embraced her as one who shared the same. He was sick, and he knew it. "I will assist you, give you as much knowledge about this city as I have, people, places, everything. It needs infrastructure but rarely do the rich of the city know where, throwing money at a problem doesn't heal it, a plan is required, a long-term plan, because money in a place like this fuels corruption," Kurt smiled, in a way, hoping to assist Rafael or at least give him the "green light" would alleviate some of the corruption he himself had done. Maybe... It would give him peace of mind, somewhat? No. But it cleared his conscience for a few moments, at least. "You're a good man,Rafael."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8958  Edited By Arquitenens

@retriever:

Abby had barely made contact when the seemingly downed enemy rolled over with a quickness and agility as if no damages had been sustained at all, shooting her legs up around her waist and whipping her sideways into the ground. Abby let out a short cry as her shoulder collided with the asphalt, the suddenness and impact causing her to drop her bow.

Her physical recovery was neither instantaneous nor accelerated, but Abigail had learned to tolerate the pain of these kinds of bumps. Without a moment's waste, she snatched an athame, just over 20 centimetres, from her boot and sought to drive it into Ana's leg with a painful twist and drag. This she hoped would damage the leg enough to impair movement as well as resistance for her follow-up. Ideally it would cause her to release her leg grip, but barring this, she was prepared for a manual pass, using her elbows in an attempt to forcibly drive the legs apart, stepping over and hooking her arms around Ana's ankle while shifting and applying hip pressure to hyperextend the knee.

[I tried to stay out of "martial arts manual mode" because I know not everyone is a practitioner or cares about all the technical details (and I'm trying to clean my stuff up), but I hope I still managed to be reasonably clear.]

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8959  Edited By The_Xsoteric

@pyrogram: (just some foreshadowing. no need for a response)

A pensive star lingered out of an over-sized boardroom window several stories above the historically rich metropolis, arms stoically curled behind the back of a light navy Canali suit. Peppered hair giving the silent onlooker a distinguished look to coincide with his larger then average frame and height. An imposing presence to say the least.

"Sir, here are those files you requested. If I may ask...", "You may not."The gruff interruption was enough to send the cowardly assistant backpedaling out of the dimly lit room. "Ha" Subtle laughed the authoritative lion of men. Scooping up the partially dedicated contents inside the recently dropped off folder, eying it with a mixed look that expressed little more then passable curiosity. "Police commissioner...always the hero ah kid?" Dismissively flopping the information on a nearby desk and returning his attention to the streets below, almost as if uncommonly drawn to its hustle and bustle through some unknown magnetic pull.

No Caption Provided

"I'm ready father, put me in the game." An angelic voice floated through the office. "Let me announce your return with the blood of Gothic's paragon of heroic virtue, and watch as the World runs and hides....."

"Soon my dear, soon. LeBeaus do not rush their legacies, they incubate them...."

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_xsoteric: OMG! That was amazing. You write Charles like Slade and it fits PERFECTLY :o

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8961  Edited By The_Xsoteric

@pyrogram: Cant lie, kinda got hyped for a Charles/Kurt rivalry after reading the Battle Thread. Never really realized how much history they had until then.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my God I just.....I just......

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8963  Edited By Pyrogram

@the_xsoteric: They've got loads and loads. I'm anticipating something fun to happen soon, a proper rivalry sounds epic dude.

Funnily enough I just made this Atticus Pendragon. Looks like Arrow hyped us both, I made Dark Archer, you made Deathstroke :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right!? Charles returning instantly made this place 100x more fun O_O

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:
@arquitenens said:

Right!? Charles returning instantly made this place 100x more fun O_O

I dont wanna have to live up to this :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_xsoteric: Ha! Sorry xD But you know what it's like, you start interactions here with Charles, and we'll all up our game :P

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Slow build most likely. Been marathoning Arrow episodes , might have to jump ahead just to get to the Slade sodes.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8968  Edited By Pyrogram

@the_xsoteric: I recently finishes season two, Slade is my favorite character, felicity a very close second :P

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8969  Edited By Rafael_Romeiro

@pyrogram:

No Caption Provided

Composedly accepting Kurt's taciturn offer, Rafael's right index finger along the sentences of every paragraph he deemed important, though not entirely disregarding that which he believed warranted subtler portions of his attention. As both eyes fell upon Ivana's jotted name on one of the book's pages, Rafael's features expressed no indication of surprise or shock, he remained collected and poised. This was not new information. He wasn't at all ignorant to the 23rd Strigidae's criminal past nor did he harbor any unrealistic hopes that she was in a gradual transition to a more heroic, and nobler character. What he did know however, was that as a member of the Shadow Squad, as a member of the MVP's by extension, she was nearly invaluable to him.

And at the very least, she would be more facile to contain in such a respect as opposed to engaging one of the globe's most lethal melee combatants in battle. His thoughts on the Lady of Blades were numerous. She ranked among his most essential teammates. She had educated him in the physically aggrandizing art of Abuskhau. She was instrumental to the potential liberation of mutant-kind. She was more or less his friend. He understood her motives, even sympathized with her goals. He related to her. And so as far as Ivana was concerned, the Panther King said nothing, though his thoughts were telling. Calmly closing the book prior to shifting his hazel gaze from it's bland cover to Kurt's pensive eyes, Rafael began. "This is very good information, thank you. I will take the book", he paused, "It will be useful. And Kurt", his tone, the visage of his eyes growing earnest, "While you are a police commissioner-".

"You are not obligated to be Gothic's faultless White Knight. You are a free man. And the good part of being free is that you have the freedom to make the kind of mistakes that you made. The ones that make you think you're less of a hero now yet you still come every day to risk your life for everyone else. As bad as your life may get, as tangled up in a mess as it is, you still do your best to untangle the mess of other people because it doesn't matter how bad things become for you as long as you're making someone else's life better. I think that is what being a hero is. We don't learn from success, only from failure". Truly, Rafael believed that while all men and women made their mistakes, experienced their struggles, and regretted bits of their past, they were not their mistakes, they were not their struggles, they were there now with the power to shape their day and their future.

"Even the best of us makes mistakes. Does wrong things, bad things. But it does not make them evil, nor does it mean that they cannot be trusted anymore", pausing, his gaze grew thoughtful, almost concerned with the portrayed disposition of the Emerald Knight. "But maybe you should not listen to my advice. Because if you do, it might save you from some of your most valuable future mistakes", he coolly smiled, the edges of his mouth softly curling upwards. "Fear is my favorite sensation. As a boy it taught me what I needed to know in order to survive in a world that waited at every corner to take my life. It made me scared to talk with the other children because they never allowed me, a Panthera without a panther form, into their circle", not until his discovery of aerokinesis however. "Fear made me independent. But these people of Gothic do not need that. They need hope. Hope to lift their spirits and make them believe that a better tomorrow is possible".

Rafael wasn't a gifted long-term planner in non-extreme situations. He was exceptional in short-burst rounds of intensive activity that required quick, critical thinking and adaptability. "I have a good grasp of what I want to do but I will not lie. Long-term planning.. I am not good at that. That is why I came to you. The team leader".

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8970  Edited By Pyrogram

@rafael_romeiro: I'll probably reply tomorrow, a bit busy tonight, but that was really good. The Ivana thing was interesting to read.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Retriever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Ana screamed as the dagger tore through her leg. It certainly wasn't the first time she'd been stabbed, but the twist and tear aspect was new and exciting. The sudden severance of nerves in said leg robbed her of the ability to maintain the hold, and she involuntarily released Abby, instinctively rolling away. Using her arms and her healthy leg, she pushed herself into a crouch, and used the alley wall to rise to standing.

"Kitty has claws, I see," she said, the teasing tone creeping back into her voice. "Why the leg, though? Even if I didn't have this-" she moved her hand from the wound, which was already beginning to close, "I've got two legs. You should always aim for the most valuable target."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retriever: It didn't take long to figure out who the stronger of the two was, and by quite a considerable margin. Realising the moment her manoeuvre was going to fail, Abby forsook attempts to maintain and, like her opponent, scrambled back up while snatching her bow from the ground.

Well that's fantastic, Abigail thought sarcastically, grimacing upon witnessing the accelerated healing in the leg. Her battle strategy had already shifted.Even with the comparatively less hostile manner and speaking, she regarded the woman as a hostile subject, readying another arrow as she responded. "I don't need to kill anyone."Not that that seems to be an issue here.

"What's your problem here? Who are you looking for?"she asked, not so much offering tready as looking to understand what she was dealing with.

Retriever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: "Are you sure? What if the choice comes down to my life, or yours?" Ana pulled one of her sabers from its sheath, leveling it at Abigail. The faintest trace of a Russian accent was discernible in her voice. "I'm looking for-" the hand holding the saber faltered slightly, and a small amount of uncertainty or confusion seemed to cross her expression.

The moment swiftly passed, however. Jade eyes narrowed. "Did you kill him? Did you?!" Without further exposition, an agonized roar erupted from her lips as she leapt forward, her blade swung above her head and around in a downward, diagonal slash.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8975  Edited By Arquitenens

@retriever: "If it comes to that..." Abby let her voice trail off. With her beliefs and chosen methods, in that line of work, she couldn't have gone without considering such a question. And when it all came together, the answer was always a magnanimous, 'It won't.'

But even as her mind half engaged itself, she was studying Ana's body language and expression. The sudden look on her face...it felt familiar. Then, in that moment, it all became clear. Her expression, the hurt and anger. The methods, rash and often excessive, obsessive behaviour. The pain in her voice. Abigail had felt every bit of it since her mother had been taken by Charlemagne, yet to be seen by her again. She wasn't seeking someone to hurt them.

It was a loved one.

In a moment of sympathy, Abby's combat instincts failed and her intrinsic human nature took over. Her expression softened and she lowered her bow.

Not a second later, Ana was closing the distance with her sword. "W-wait!" Abby cried, instinctively lifting her bow and releasing the arrow while backpedalling. Coupled with a hex sphere in her panic, the explosive arrowhead detonated prematurely between them, more near Abigail herself than her assailant. The explosion launched her into the wall behind her with a hard THUD! and she dropped to her knees.

Uncertain of how or even if her opponent had been affected, Abby was certain whatever its effects, they wouldn't be nearly as bad on a foe with those recovery times as they were on her. Groaning through the echoing pain in her spine but never stopping to rest, Abigail threw herself aside, looking to use the lingering smoke from the blast to cover herself in that hasty evasion.

Turning over to face the woman, she readied a taser arrow from the quiver of collapsibles on her leg and pulled to full draw. There she lie in wait, prepared to discharge at the first sign of a hostile emergence.

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Armory, as he liked to be called, was driving through the street in an old ford quietly. The windows were tinted so as to evade curious onlookers, and then the 6 ft 2 man in a trench coat, clad in full body armor with a helmet stepped out of the car. He made a quick scan of the streets before he closed the door behind him and locked the car door. He then walked into the dark alley, merging with it's blackness. He was pretty lightly armed. Not anything big, he was just in the neighborhood. Waiting for more info on the warehouse raid at the docks.

A dealer was in a parking lot, shutting his trunk. There a blur and then a flash. Then everything went black for him. The dealer was out cold on the ground, and then Armory stooped down to search him. Where was it? Not on him. He looked in the trunk. Not there either. All he saw was the hard crack and some marijuana this man was selling. No he didn't want that. He opened the man's door to his car and searched it. Under the seat. Key compartment. None of those places. Unless....there it is. In between the seats stuffed into the back seat. A solid wad of two thousand dollars. Not bad...Armory took one last look at the dealer on the ground and then walks off, leaving him there.

At his car, there were about 4 thugs trying to get into it, one trying to pry it open with a crowbar. "Come on man..." One of them said. "Hurry up..." "Hey what the hell is that." There was a pair of large glowing read eyes coming from the alley. They stop and all stared at it. One guy, thinking it to be a metahuman or something, simply ran. However, one was not that Savvy. He ran at the thing he saw, seeing this as an opportunity to prove himself.

Now, Armory decided against shooting and turned off the glowing eyes of his visor. The man swung and then there was muffled noises of the man's voice and struggling. This was followed by the thud of the man hitting the ground after 5 seconds, and then silence. Another of the two remaining ran.

The last one charged in the alley swinging at the shadowy figured. He landed to actually land about two hits on him in his wild swings. His arm got grabbed and then there was a surging pain in his stomache that caused him to scream as electricity surged through his body, causing him to scream. Then he was dropped to the floor as he laid there. Unconscious and twitching.

The street was still clear. Armory unlocked his car and then got in as he drove off. Leaving the pair there in the alley, unconscious. No need for bullets...yet.

Retriever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens:

Ana's momentum carried her directly into the blast from Abby's arrow. Most of the force impacted with her upper body, pushing it back while her legs continued with their forward momentum, which resulted in her spinning nearly 180 degrees in midair and crashing headfirst into the pavement of the alley. The impact would have, at the very least, rendered most people unconscious with a massive concussion, but Ana's healing factor quickly reduced her damaged to dizziness and blurred vision, as she once again unsteadily pushed herself to her feet and attempted to focus on her enemy.

Fortunately, however, the impact seemed to have taken the edge off her rage, if not her antagonism. "Come closer, lover," she taunted, her own voice sounding oddly hollow, likely due to the fact that her eardrums were still regenerating. "I have a steel kiss just for you." She stumbled forward, seeming to regain a degree of poise with each step, her saber extended in front of her in a defensive posture.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro: (Not sure if ya wanted to continue, so left it either way :)

As the Emerald Archer listened to Rafael's words, his own mind was cast back to what had turned him into a heroic entity, much like the Panthera King's own hardened emergence as more than an inferior Panthera, his aerokinesis had elevated him to new heights, Kurt had been forcefully pushed into his, and in truth, he hadn't ever truly settled. Kurt wasn't born an altruistic human, he'd brainwashed himself into one.

No Caption Provided

More or less, through addiction. Since returning from Venezuela and adopting the mantle as the Emerald Archer, the only thing which shook away the memories of his imprisonment was fighting, training, and keeping his mind active. Fear had taught him to survive, the fear of standing still and remembering the horrors of his past, many fears. He smiled, verdant eyes looking up to his teammates own.

"Not many people know about me, Rafael, most assume I was just born with these abilities, but... That isn't the case," looking down as he removed his power ring, he placed it on the table, glancing up.

"As I'm sure you are aware, Venezuela wasn't always owned by that mutant King, Xenon, it was once... Well, who doesn't know? A warzone... More or less, I was on an expedition with my brother within the country and we somehow got separated, knowing my luck I spent an entire month alone, untrained, nothing more than a kid outta college, forced to fend for myself in a war-torn country. Of course I didn't survive without a hitch, I was captured, Raf... Placed in prison for six months, heh." His lips curled into a little smile, as though that crucible of life had shaped him into so much more.

"This place made The Gulag in Russia sound peaceful, it was horrible..." His hand pulled away a section of the robe covering his chest, revealing more scar tissue than normal tissue, he then glanced back up. "...I survived, barely. But it changed me. After months and months of enduring what was a living hell, I escaped. Returned to America.... Becoming the Emerald Archer wasn't really my choice, it was an obsession.

I was angry, LIVID, with the world. Each criminal I beat the shit out of and each nose I broke made me feel a semblance of control. It made me feel strong again, like I wasn't just a prisoner, like I wasn't the kid who'd gotten captured. An entire year passed like this, fighting, killing, trying to beat as many petty thugs and murderers I could get my hands on, I met a woman, her name was Abigail... She... She was the first one to tell me to stop, she was the first person since Venezuela to make me see what I'd become. I was so fixated with fighting the world, I'd forgot about the battle to save myself." He wasn't really speaking at this point for Rafael, it was more of a personal introspect, spoken aloud. He needed that, more and more these days. Ever since speaking to Doctor Jean, the vampiric White Knight, he had grown thoughtful about life.

"I once knew a great man named Andres Knightfall, he believed in me, taught me, even paid me at one point, he saw the potential in me, saw the hero that I was capable of being..." Kurt grinned, looking down and picking up his ring, closing it in his palm. "Andres said I would grow to lead the worlds next generation of heroes... Heh, how right he was... I miss Andres, he was..." Kurt sighed, aware Andres was alive since seeing him in a HFC article, but hadn't had the heart to reach out to him. "Anyways, together we'll make this city a place to be proud of again. And not for it's resilience, but for it's restoration. They say a phoenix rises from the ashes, I'm sure this city has burnt quite enough already, isn't it time for that phoenix?" With a nod, Kurt would aid his teammate in whatever exploit required to assist the city, hoping it would save was was assumed forgotten by so many.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theodora_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some damn good stuff being thrown down in this thread

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theodora_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mitsumine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitsumine said:

@mistress_sangria:

No Caption Provided

Charming lights saturated Mitsumine's caramel eyes as she made a lighthearted examination of her club aesthetic. The dynamic of her LSD trip had transcended the buzz of a caffeine high to a state of euphoria. Luring Evan's drug dealer out seemed like a hit-or-miss tactic. Babylon was a club cut, copy and pasted from Las Vegas in the sense that sins committed here were secrets that stayed within the club. Here, everyone had something to hide. One would assume seeing the smirk, Mitsumine knew the ultimate joke of every clubber, the underlying secret to their gathering.

Exiting the bathroom, Mitsumine heart thundered to the jolting bass of the music. Babylon managed to book the DJ/Music Producer, Jaw Jam and he controlled the crowd like a music conductor. Controlling their movements with the a energetic mix of fast Hip House tempos and R&B singers navigating abrasive beats. The flashing neon lights crystallized the movements like flashing pictures, freezing the dancers for short moments. Through her kaleidoscopic high, Mitsumine managed to find her way to her table with Evan.

Sprawling onto the booth seat, Mitumine's rested her head on Evan's lap, peering through thick false eyelashes. "Your friend better hurry up before I go to Ganymede" she giggled, and stirred feeling a endless production of pleasure flickering through her nervous system. The LSD pulling her further from her previous state of consciousness.

A light chuckle pumped from Evan's chest, "She makes time for her best customers."

The Lady in Red watched from the bar before brushing back a strand of vibrant hair. Ruby lips pursed thoughtfully. Hm. She finished the rest of her drink, leaving a considerable tip on the bar before stepping over to the pair in her red leather boots. Sangria sat down across from them gingerly, a smile forming on her lovely face. "Good evening, sweets. I don't believe I've met the lovely lady."

"This is my girlfriend, Mitsumine." Evan twitched his leg to grab his girlfriend's attention. Sitting up from Evan's lap, Mitumine tossed her bone straight locks over her fair shoulders. "It's nice to finally meet you Sangria." she cozied under Evan's arm smiling at the Lady in Red through her caramel eyes. That same smile that suggested she was waiting to drop a secret of Sangria's.

The Matsuda Heir's face illuminated as she casually checked her iPhone. "Do you know any of these men?" she proffered her phone as it replayed the video clip of Evan's mutation reacting to the Nephilim drug she dosed him with. In the video, Evan morphed into plenty of identities and one was especially dear to Sangria. The Gothic City Commissioner. Three men wearing matching garments blocked the entryway of the booth with their backs to the trio.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8985  Edited By Rafael_Romeiro

@pyrogram:

Politely muting himself as the Gothic Knight began, Rafael's mystifying hazel eyes met Kurt's not with the quiet, predatory flair that had long become a virtually intrinsic characteristic of his person, but with the subtle attentiveness of an invested, affable spirit. The divine, spellbinding comeliness of his features never wavered as an expression of taciturn concern mingled with their visage of partial curiosity and ever-present poise. He said no word, he would not interrupt the conflicted Pendragon from speaking, he wasn't a rude man, nor will he ever be unless thrust into a situation of extreme circumstance. He simply nodded, mildly showcasing his attention to the iconic archer's words.

Kurt's tale of his tortured past, his indignation at the world, and everything that he confessed, the Black Jaguar understood it all. For he too had suffered once. He was born an immediate outcast. Deemed a genetic freak, a mutation among his Panthera brethren for lacking the crucial ability to take feline form. They mocked him, ridiculed him, told him that he was of no use. With no parents to guide him, it was his uncle, a heroic and highly reputable Sentinel among the Panthera who took him in as his own. Their bond was strong, that not a portion of Rafael's soul doubted. Yet when the other children poked their fun, made their jests, hurled their insults, spat on his feet, and shoved him into the mud, Rafael was forbidden from expressing his frustration. He couldn't, his uncle's word was law.

He had already been born a genetic failure, the black sheep of the Romeiro family. So even as anger boiled in his veins, he could say nothing, do nothing. Always well-behaved so as to never bring the family shame. And so he learned... self-control, the art of cultivating a reserved disposition, one that he maintains to this day. Speaking with others for the sake of conversation? For the sake of striking up friendships? This was, and still is to an extent, a foreign concept to Rafael. How could it not be? As a child, his inability to shift into his bestial form was the source of ceaseless discrimination. The other children would never add him into their circle, no matter all the jokes he'd say or how nice he was, and so he made his own circle, seeming crazy talking to himself all alone. His conversations were only held with adults.

His teachers, his family members, for necessities such as books and the like. A trait that has ingrained itself into his being. He strikes conversation only with those who have something to contribute to his objectives because while he has long abandoned his past, some minor psychological faculty insisted that eventually people will come to reject him. And so he remains distant.. socially inaccessible because perhaps unconsciously he expects to be forsaken. It was not until his studious discovery of aerokinesis, and the Greek god good looks that maturation brought him that he was finally acknowledged by the Panthera in a positive light. Oh how they soon learned to love him. When he became a beautiful man and the greatest combatant they had ever known.

They were sheep, and it was why he no longer has ties with their community, he would not be their shepherd any longer. He was a man made for a greater purpose. To help others. To better the lives of others. No matter how terrible his early years may have been, if he could succeed in lifting the spirits of others, untangling their lives even while his remains tangled, it would be enough. He wanted to do this for Gothic. The monetary rewards from his MVP membership was simply an additional motivational bonus. And so Rafael could relate, in a way, to Kurt's predicament, he could understand. From his mention of this Abigail to his succinct highlighting of a shared moment with Andres Knightfall, Rafael understood. He understood, and he would finally speak.

No Caption Provided

"Heroes are not born, I don't think", he paused, his features softening amicably, "They are a created concept by many things. Be it a personal obsession with vengeance or stopping crime, or because of noble ideals and taught altruistic values, it doesn't matter. Human beings are not good by nature. Otherwise we wouldn't have to teach the children how to share, how to behave, how to be nice to animals and to others. They would simply know by virtue of being inherently good. We learn to be heroes, Kurt. Your past and why you became a hero, it does not matter, it shouldn't", he paused, "You are who you are now. And that is the Gothic Knight". Turning towards the door, coolly opening it prior to halting several inches prior to his departure, Rafael offered his final piece of advise, "Do not cry for yesterday". Taking his leave, Rafael sends a brief text Valerie's way, informing the "It" Girl of his impending ingress.

Thee_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@thee_jester:

"I'm Commissioner idiot, and work for the MVPs. Funding?" He shook his head, barely noticing the slingshot as it smacked a few arrows from the table. Kurt rolled his eyes. "I haven't spoken to either of them in a while," It was a lie. "I'm not sure how there're doing." That was a lie, but he didn't really know if Bart should know, how would he react? "I've been... Busy, heroics, that stuff..."

Bart burst out laughing, turning to Kurt and pointing at him. "They called you commissioner idiot!? BWAHAHA! What kind of place is it? A daily roast?" Bart pulled out that toxic arrow, twirling it between his fingers with devious dexterity. "Heroics huh? Do I get an MVP happy meal with every heroic or...?" The boy barbed, always baffled by...Endorsement.

"I might be a fame seeker...I mean El Barto, the Aye Caramba Kid and the Cowabunga Dude but I never wanted a label on my infamy...So uh, good for you? Seriously though, they branded a Nike logo on your ass didn't they? You can tell your cousin I swear I won't tell alot of people.." Swiftly, hell even devilishly fast Bart attempted to pants Kurt, knowing it would clash with his painfully serious posture.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retriever: As Ana emerged, Abigail refrained from releasing the string immediately only for the sake of the diminished composure in her gait; she'd been dazed, so maybe in the brief respite it afforded, she could be reasoned with. Maintaining her aim, Abigail kicked backwards along the ground, looking to gain a measure of space.

"Just hold on," she implored once again, holding her shot against her better judgement. "I don't know who you're looking for or what you're thinking, but I swear I had nothing to do with it. Just calm down a second!"

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8990  Edited By Pyrogram

@longsword@strigidae_23

A recent spate of armoured truck robberies had been reported within Gothic in the last few months, and of course, the police and their designation task-forces assigned to deal with super-villain related crime had been unable to quell anything.

Through being a Commissioner but more importantly, a vigilante for many years now, the Emerald Archer had learnt to defeat a super villain the police wasn't usually enough, especially when these villains were tearing through armoured truck like nothing.

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop like a bullet, Kurt had personally opt to tracking and follow an armoured truck tonight, out of sight, hoping to intercept whoever was unluckily enough to attempt a robbery today. Statistically 65% of all armoured trucks were assaulted in Gothic, so, Kurt chanced his luck, and simply waited for the City of Sin to play it's part.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_jester:

"Why are you here Bart? I haven't visited this damn warehouse in next to three months, and this is why?" He shook his head as Bart's fervent attempts to annoy him slowly worked. "If you don't leave I'm going to make you leave, family or not, I'm a gonna kick your ass," He glared. "You were always a disappointment Bart, your father must be so proud." Turning around, he huffed.

Longsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8992  Edited By Longsword

@pyrogram said:

@longsword@strigidae_23

A recent spate of armoured truck robberies had been reported within Gothic in the last few months, and of course, the police and their designation task-forces assigned to deal with super-villain related crime had been unable to quell anything.

Through being a Commissioner but more importantly, a vigilante for many years now, the Emerald Archer had learnt to defeat a super villain the police wasn't usually enough, especially when these villains were tearing through armoured truck like nothing.

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop like a bullet, Kurt had personally opt to tracking and follow an armoured truck tonight, out of sight, hoping to intercept whoever was unluckily enough to attempt a robbery today. Statistically 65% of all armoured trucks were assaulted in Gothic, so, Kurt chanced his luck, and simply waited for the City of Sin to play it's part.

Longsword twisted the accelerator of his Suzuki GSX, ducking his head against the wind as he accelerated. He preferred motorcycles. Especially in the winding streets and trash strewn alleys of Gothic. They were fast, agile and not as expensive to replace as a sports car. Plus he didn't have to worry about being caught in traffic; he could just zip between the lanes or on the sidewalk.

Knowing the route of the armored car beforehand Longsword approached in the opposite lane. Drawing his sword in his left hand he heaved against the wind, slashing the blade horizontally through the onrushing air.. and the cab of the armored truck. The tachyon infused blade went through the reinforced steel like it was butter. Inside the cab the driver screamed in panicked agony as the sword clove through his shin and calf with a wet 'snick'.

The truck careened wildly, swerving back and forth across the road before striking the curb, bouncing once and flipping onto its size. It slid fifteen yards across the concrete sidewalk, taking out a half a dozen parking meters and leaving a shower of sparks and a ear splitting screech in its wake.

The sword for hire braked, turned and followed the truck until it came to a halt. Then he parked, dismounted and sauntered over to the locked rear door, which he removed with a casual swipe of his blade.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8993  Edited By Pyrogram

@longsword:

Although he wouldn't ever admit the fact to his police associates and fellow heroes, the Emerald Archer had always found a strange enjoyment when watching the dazzlingly display which some villains showcased. For instance, this very robbery was like something from a top action movie being played before his very eyes.

Sparks flew and noises lit the air, following the carnage through quick feet jumping from roof to roof, gliding along with his flight were required, the Gothic Knight perched himself down into a crouch atop of a building opposite the aftermath of the initial attack, a sword...

A big, sword. Keep distance, really. Hope this opponent didn't have a type of long-range weaponry.

Standing up and manifesting his verdant bow, it subtly glowed within his palms as an arrow was materialized upon the strings, pulling back and aiming a single arrow, he held his breath. Carefully selecting a specific arrow, a netted arrow. Simple titanium netting which would electrify once the target was ensnared.

He fired, and then he jumped, swooping down from his vantage point, the Gothic Knight's feet graced the ground, de-materializing his bow and arrow, and in it's place, two green frisbee type objects manifested under his palms, on each side as the sides of each circular object sharped, and sharpened, until a deadly edge was refined. He squint, trying to see if his net had worked.

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Armory drove through the street in tinted windows as he received a call, he took his phone and opened it as he put next to his ear as he stopped at a stop sign. He received an address, and a time. He then hung up, and looked back into the seat behind him as he stopped at a stop sign. He saw a large portion of his arsenal behind him. Some spare "flash torches", his wasp knife. numerous different kinds of grenades, his "dragon's kiss", his Beowulf modded AR-15, an MP7, his .600 cal hand cannon, some magazines laying about strewn across the floor. a potato gun he used as a grenade launcher and a modded super soaker. "Just like how momma used to make..." He said to himself.

He saw a car beeping behind him and then drove on forward. He parked very near and looked inside his car Looking about the empty parking lot. He scrolled on his phone to see the men that he would be encountering tonight. He took his Beowulf and attached the dragon's kiss below the barrel. He made sure to grab the MP7 and everything else in the back not on his person, short of the spud gun, leaving behind mostly ammo and grenades, then he went into the alley way and made his way through the streets of the docks. A silenced CZ-75 in hand.the beowulf on his back.

Soon Armory reached the area, a guarded warehouse near the docks. He was laid out on some shipping containers as he scoped everything out. There was not actually that much security, as this was intended to be just a quick operation for them. He got down dropped down and and landed with a roll to break his fall. As he looked around the area. Going to be quiet for now.

He had no mercy for these kinds of men, these kinds of dealers. Not all people apart of Cartels are evil. Some were just trying to feed their families, but seems like most of these types of men where in there countries, they would shoot a man for his girl or for anything they wanted. They were content and they wouldn't have sent someone who might've run. He preferred to conserve ammo for now, and just stabbed everyone with their knife. Putting the knife through the back of people's skulls, in between the neck and skull through the cerebrum. As they one by one dissappeared, nobody had quite noticed but the two guards in the front. They realized a bit too late, as one of their friends drop with a hole in his head, causing the other to jump to the side, and his voice quivering and eyes alert. He was about to yell then he took a bullet to the throat. "Close enough..." Armory said as the man dropped to the floor, choking on his blood. He saw the man in full body armor standing over him, and then aiming the gun down towards him. He looked down the barrel and in a flash, everything went black. He didn't even get a chance to hear the silenced shot.

He walked up stairs on the side of the warehouse and used the dragon's kiss torch to melt and cut the locked door like it was made of butter. As Armory got in, he saw a guy and they guy saw him. The man caught off guard raised his gun only to be shot by armory's silenced CZ in his other hand that he drew faster then the man could even process. Not loud. Not yet. Deal was going down and money was being exchanged. He snuck down the stairs to get a little closer, and then walked about the crates and shelves of the warehouse to get there. He listened as they spoke and took out his CZ.. "It was a pleasure doing business with you." He says to his customer. "Yes. Very good business..." He pops out in crouched stance and with efficiency and accuracy, acquires his targets. Offing them both in two seconds, not even giving them a chance to be afraid. They two dropped and there was yelling. Armory was spotted by a guy who ran around the corner behind him and he rolled to the side as the man fired, dodging some of his shots but not all and then taking him out with a quick shot to the head.

All the guards were on alert now and Armory grabbed the case of money and then divided for cover behind some crates. A bit of coke flying out.as bullets hit the crates. There are a lot more guards on the inside then he thought. He could take a few bullets, but his armor had a limited durability, before bullet would start to actually sting. Better get out of here, and fast, not too long before the cops show up, or worse, a cape....

Armory took out his modified super soaker and started pumping the plastic pump to build air pressure within it. He then popped out aiming his super soaker at a group and it breathed fire. Painting it along the ground and causing people to back up, denying them that route to Armory. He put the super soaker away as the grenade blew a hole in the wall, and then he took out Napalm grenade, and chucked each of them like a football player, blowing up along the warehouse, as fire spread. Armory then bolted out through hole in the wall. Though not without being followed. He took out his MP7 and fired on the thugs tanking a few bullets as he retreats and then takes cover behind a cargo freight container. Gunfire able to heard through the area now. "Crap..." He looks out to fire on his aggressors, men falling, as they do not let up on him all, focusing fire towards him. The a blaze with hot lead.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_jester: I feel ya, Jester. Wanna get some training? =)

Longsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@longsword:

Although he wouldn't ever admit the fact to his police associates and fellow heroes, the Emerald Archer had always found a strange enjoyment when watching the dazzlingly display which some villains showcased. For instance, this very robbery was like something from a top action movie being played before his very eyes.

Sparks flew and noises lit the air, following the carnage through quick feet jumping from roof to roof, gliding along with his flight were required, the Gothic Knight perched himself down into a crouch atop of a building opposite the aftermath of the initial attack, a sword...

A big, sword. Keep distance, really. Hope this opponent didn't have a type of long-range weaponry.

Standing up and manifesting his verdant bow, it subtly glowed within his palms as an arrow was materialized upon the strings, pulling back and aiming a single arrow, he held his breath. Carefully selecting a specific arrow, a netted arrow. Simple titanium netting which would electrify once the target was ensnared.

He fired, and then he jumped, swooping down from his vantage point, the Gothic Knight's feet graced the ground, de-materializing his bow and arrow, and in it's place, two green frisbee type objects manifested under his palms, on each side as the sides of each circular object sharped, and sharpened, until a deadly edge was refined. He squint, trying to see if his net had worked.

The net struck Longsword in the back. He snarled and jerked instictively, which only further entangled his wiry limbs in the titanium mesh.

Then the electricity struck him. Titanium was a poor conductor but the charge was more than enough. White hot sparks sizzled through the air, leaving scorch marks upon his purple costume. Short electrical arcs cracked and popped between the titanium net and his titanium scale. His HUD went haywire, flashing with florescent gibberish and then dying with a hiss. Muscles spasmed, he twitched and groaned through clenched teeth.

Driven by pain he tapped into his mutant power. Electrokinesis. Through sheer force of will he redirected the agonizing currents flowing through his body and directed them into his blade.

He staggered, temporarily free from pain but still entangled in the net. With a sudden jerk of his sword-arm he drew the back of the blade upward, hewing through the titanium web like a butcher through a spiders web. It fell away, a heap of ruined silver wire against the black and yellow asphalt.

His blade burned like the sun in the dim Gothic dusk, air shimmering with the heat of the stored electrical charge. He whirled, blade hewing down through the armored truck from upended side to downended side. Sparks flew, tortured metal groaned and gasoline spewed from the ruptured fuel tank.

Inside his mask he smirked and bit down on the 'reboot' tab. His HUD sputtered, slowly coming back to life, still filled with static. He darted around the side of the van, placing several tons of steel between himself and Kurt.

Then he jabbed the tip of his blade into one of the slowly spinning tires and released the electrical charge. The tire exploded in a spray of burning rubber. Inside his mask he grinned and stepped back into the shadows of an alleyway, leaving a two screaming guards trapped inside an armored car as a puddle of gasoline expanded toward the flaming ruins of a tire.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longsword: (Short but fun!)

Dashing forward and hurling one of the his frisbee-like constructs into the van as it pierced through, his other palm was thrust out and sprayed a jet of freezing ice towards the ground, dousing the floor in a semi-circle around the van and stifling the flames for an instance as he shot towards the van, grasping the frisbee as it heated up, melting through the armoured car as Kurt physically cut a hole through the side, quickly grabbing the two guards and flying them out, he placed them down and looked into the alleyway, wondering who that criminal was, but glad they civilians had been kept out of harm.

Fugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh. Hehe, not many villains do that much anymore.