Giving a character to someone else?

__Hawk__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm wondering if anyone else has done this:

A little back story: I created this character (but not this account) roughly 10+ yrs ago. It was super fleshed out and the backstory was incredibly in depth. At the time it was very common for Viners to have 20+ different accounts, all of which we wrote from depending on the situation. Well I created an account for the daughter of Hawk (Whisper). After a while I realized that it would be better for someone else to write Whisper and so I simply gave her the account. This was the best decision by far cause it took everything to another level.

Have any of your given an account away? Would you ever consider it?

-Hawk

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In hindsight I probably should have but no I never considered it. Although I did consider messing with closure and letting Mikepool's ghost possess my character at the time to mess with Clara lol

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've done it twice, regret doing it

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grimmwald

No, I’ve never given away a character, nor have I ever created a character for someone (the closest I came to doing so was the Oni Keijijo character I kind of created for Gambler). However, I have given away entire concepts I’ve created, usually to Zauby because she and I work closely from time to time. I gave away the entire Keijijo Clan and it’s accompanying concepts etc. to her. Though I have created concepts for other people. With that being said, there are three RP’ers I’d give away characters to. Mercy, LL and Gambler. Mercy I’d go far enough to create any character she asked me to because it’s Mercy, she’s my wife, LOL. In LL and Gambler’s case, I’d give away Brahma Bull to LL, and Ezra Strix to Gambler.

__Hawk__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: Mercy is the one who owns Whisper now.

I actually gave Gambler my wife death. In the midst of an RPG just came to me, asked G to kill her. He did, reaction posts were awesome. She was dead from that point on.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure. I gave all my concepts and character to Zauby while I was gone. If I ever poof for good she can have them.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I have not given away any of my characters. Probably won't, either. The last time I left an RPG group, I took my character with me. But the DM (Dungeon Master) kept him against my explicit permission and then killed him off (again, without my permission). Which was totally uncool. So, I have bad experiences with this. That means, I'm not going to be giving any of my characters away. If I end up leaving CV for any reason and never coming back, I'll be taking my characters with me. Location threads and other concepts that aren't my characters, though, I'll hand over to someone else as I'll want those to continue on without me. But characters? No. They'll all go with me if I ever go.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: If you don't mind me saying so, I hope you stick around for a good long while. *Fist Bump* ^_^

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__hawk__: Oh yeah she's told me about Whisper before.

I wish I could go back and read all of that, there's a lot of fun canon left behind in Prime. I came to CV towards the end of Prime so I didn't have the chance to see much of it.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've never given my characters away but I would have loved if someone ran with the character called Quick that was Kurrent's son with Risky I believe. It was a future based story but I forget which RPG it was.

__Hawk__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurrent: Man I loved Risky's writing so good.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13 Feral Nova  Moderator

I’ve never given a character or a concept to anyone lol I’m selfish xD if I ever did give one Of them to anyone it would be between sha and impero.

Voracious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no particular order.

I've let people borrow Maverick concepts on many occassions. I let Kaija borrow Bradshaw for a one shot and I gave her permission for her to use Jackal for stuff. I let Azra control Maverick while I deployed and I let Vitriol (Zaubs) have full control of a couple of NPCs as functionally weapons/tools. Lent Lichter Maverick concepts and let him base stuff off Maverick weaponry. Satar stole some Maverick stuff back in the day.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voracious: That was very generous of you. *Thumbs up* ^_^

Rondstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually created a post at some point for trading characters/accounts, I think it even got like linked or something.

So I've definitely considered it, I think I've offered characters and an organization broadly before just if someone wanted them, but it never happened I don't think.

There are some people who I've let just sort of npc my characters, mainly being Brimstone who did my Random character on occasion, and I think both Kaija and Contingency have NPC'd characters I've had. Though, the one with Contingency might not count, because I think that was sort of a character we both created, but it was based off my characters technology and I rp'd as it first but Contingency just took it from there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f
deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have. I made these two other accounts a few weeks ago, the usernames were "Mister_Surreal and "Imperium". I was originally going to use them for myself in role playing games, but something else happened. My two friends found out about comic vine and wanted to try it out for themselves. For convenience let them use my new accounts.

They said that they enjoyed using my characters, so I decided to let them keep using them. These days we often do role playing games together and tailer different stories with other users. Giving those accounts to my friends paid off in the end.

Soliton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was very generous of you. *Thumbs up* ^_^

No Caption Provided

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't said "I'll never do that," but I never have and it's hard to imagine me giving any character of mine to anyone else. Concepts, I think everybody shares concepts from time to time. But characters...I'm such a stickler for small details that I feel like I'd just be watching for anything that bothered me. "I wouldn't write her like that..." "That's not how she would react to that!" "She would never do that!" "Really!? A relationship with him!?" That kinda thing, just all that festering in my head.

Although before Amani was given a name and profile or anything, she kinda existed in this joint-custody limbo, where both Mav and I had independent ideas for the character but she didn't belong to anybody in particular, til he asked and I went "go ahead."

Avatar image for deactivated-603054d50af47
deactivated-603054d50af47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave away a few characters, and a couple of concepts.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shield-maiden

Never done that before.

But if I were ever to give Shield-Maiden away, I feel like these writers would do her more justice than me.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: Hey! I could do it too! :p

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: I can see you nailing the wisdom and magical side to her ❤️

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@shield-maiden: Thank you :] That means a lot.

Noah_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I could ever give any of my characters away. I feel like they all embody different aspects of my personality and that stuff is personal.

Avatar image for perdidacardenal
PerdidaCardenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a couple of characters I could part with, only because I want them to be used but I just don't have the time to. But they would be to specific people, I wouldn't just give them away to anyone.

Avatar image for raysh_al_shaytan
Raysh_Al_Shaytan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give Phantomshell to Akira Overdrive. Always enjoyed his action sequences.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d give away some of my characters, but not cause I don’t like them, I’d be giving them away cause I want them to be used in general. But I wouldn’t give them away to people I know wouldn’t be able to play the Character.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only made a few characters really. But always happy to see other people write them. Just never happened lol

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden:

My character “Epitome” is extremely underused and would honestly be better in someone else’s hands. On the other hand, Mister Surreal is also one that I could part with after a few years. I can see myself letting Shield-Maiden have the account since she’s really the only person who I think would do him justice.

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might give a few away if anyone wanted them, mostly because I just want them to be used. I don't think I could ever part with Alex, Jai, Damian and Thomas though, along with John and Noah.

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kell_saloks

I've given away my accounts to three different people over the course of 8 ish years, and I ended up being sorely disappointed in all cases.