#1 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

James wore his usual clothing and accessories, his notebook hidden inside his coat, the variety of drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic) on the coffee table between them with different glasses for each.

He had his usual unintentionally menacing look as well, despite how hard he tried otherwise it helped his thought process.

"Mr. Washington, we'll be running over a few things for this before the times up. So please be as direct, simple, and honest as possible." James said folding his hands in front of his face, "I'll be doing this in no particular order, mostly anyways."

"Firstly, on the mutants. Would you mind clarifying your thoughts and polocies on the matter?" He asked, simple question that was asked before, however James intended to use the answer for another question. He often did that.

Ooc:

@redwhiteblue

Tada! First is up.

Please keep any ooc posts in spoilers of some kind.

#2 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

Sam wore his signature stars-and-stripes coat, over a simple jeans and t-shirt. He smiled, trying to put Merrarn at ease.

"Well, I really think that we need to try to re-establish contacts with Venezuala, and put new anti-discrimination laws into place. I won't bore you with a stump speech, they're all on tape, haha."

#3 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"Haha? I hope this isn't a joke to you," James said raising an eyebrow. He generally hated jokes during serious matters.

"And what about the anti discrimination laws? How exactly would they work, there is plenty of ways that basically turns anti normal instead of anti discriminations." He added.

James was rarely at ease, except when alone. And even then not a lot. His mind always liked to race and learn, or challenge.

#4 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

"I'm merely trying to bring levity to an admittedly serious topic. Lighten up, James. Can I call you James?

Well, I think that a good first step would be to make the gene-testing many business have as mandatory to be hired illegal. Another would be to allow people with more visible mutations to use chameleon devices under development an cutting edge labs, if they so choose."

#5 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"Preferably don't call me James unless you must. Or bring levity to a serious topic." James said.

"Unfortunately the chameleon tech often costs a lot, I would know because I love that kind of thing." James said, "And gene testing, in my opinion, should be able to stay. Now whether they are allowed to release that information to their employess or to act against mutants simply because of them being mutants, and not another reason, that should be made illegal I think."

#6 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

"Got it," Sam said, slightly annoyed.

"Yes, but the government would be willing to cover the costs. As for testing, potential employees are not given a fair shot at employment if they are known to be a mutant, and the test is the only way to know. Laws cannot stop every injustice that is based off of someone's prejudices. The employer could claim he turned the offer down for other reasons, and there'd be no way of knowing if he was lying."

#7 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"True, lie detectors for one thing are far to easy to beat in my opinion." James admitted, "And unfortunately the law system doesn't always function the way it should. However solid reasons should be required, similar reasons to that of a normal person. Except a mutant is possibly more dangerous than most humans."

"Now I would like to remind you the government pays for absolutely nothing, the people who pay the government do in actuality." He corrected, that always annoyed him to. It was like taking someone money and then saying that they were paying for the meal.

#9 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

"That is true. But humans with guns can do as much damage as many mutants. Some are walking WMDs, for sure. But one of my friends from the army was a mutant, and he just had eleven fingers. And we can pay... Not necessarily out of money we made, like a person would, but we can use money borrowed form other nations or banks."

#10 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"And further the debt of America? That sounds like a rather falty move, when would it end?" James warned.

That was again a problem. Loans were rarely a good idea, especially in a case like this.

#11 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"Examples that are innefecient," James corrected eyeing him, "If you're going to give examples I suggest you know all of their effects."

#13 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio
It's never been addressed, exactly, but I've been under the impression that the combination of super-businesses operating within America (Prime Enterprises, Maverick Inc, Knightfall Systems, Avalon) had essentially fixed the economy through their exclusive super-innovations pouring money back into the world stage. That, and cutting Gothic off from the union. Whenever I see people reference "debt" here, I just think of them copying what they see on TV.
#14 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: "Son, frankly you don't get to lecture me. I know exactly what debt is and how much debt we are in. You simply made in an inaccurate statement, and I corrected you."

#15 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Interesting!

But never the less an action like this is faulted. It has no end, and is a continuious downwards spiral unless changed.

@redwhiteblue:

"Actually, I can lecture you. Borrowing money continuously with no forseeable end is simply a faulted action. Any good businessman would know that." James said again, "You can't simply borrow money from another country without an end and expect it to turn out well."

#16 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

Sam sighed deeply. "Yes. I know. I am not an idiot. I was simply pointing out that you said the American people pay for everything, and explaining that that is not strictly true."

#17 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"Oh but they eventually will, whether now or later. Borrowing money requires it to eventually be paid back." James said, he was beggining to be mentally fatigued by this. It all seemed so obvious to him and yet nobody else seemed to get it.

"Whether people admit it or not debt has to be paid back, it's not just something that should be taken lightly. And certainly not something that should have an unforseeable end like what you suggested."

#18 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: "I never suggested an endless loop of borrowing money. I never said that. You're extrapolating. And I know that he money we use to pay back is tax money, but we also export goods, and profit off of that."

#19 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"What I'm doing is predicting." James said, "And you just made another error. Why borrow money if we already have the money to pay it back?"

#20 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: "You're still missing the point, I'm not suggesting we borrow, merely pointing out an alternate source of national income that taxes. It was a hypothetical in response to the only error said here, yours.

#21 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"Would you care to point out the error?" James asked, he hadn't lost the emotionless mindet he kept from the start. Everything he said seemed cold.

#22 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: "You said the US has one source of income, taxes. I've pointed out two others. Borrowing from foreign powers is debatable, but nationalized industries are not."

#23 Edited by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"All around you end up requiring others to pay for it, possibly not of their will or with ill requirements at a later date. I would suggest fundraisers of sorts." James said, "But it is quite clear you are unmovable in these matters. And your policies on it also seem clear."

"Shall we move on?"

#24 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: "I'm not arguing that the majority of our funds come from the people," Sam said exasperatedly, "I'm just trying to inform you, and your viewers, of a factual inaccuracy. "

"Yes, let's."

#25 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

Even though he was mainly indifferent it still vaguly irked him how some people could be so stubborn.

"Well then." He started, "Have you attempted or managed to gather information or data on any of the current presidential candidates?"

#26 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: "Aside from the most cursory digging to find any Watergates in their past, no."

#27 Edited by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

"For the sake of the fact I don't trust many people I'd like to reword it," James said, "Have you requested information or surveillance on other candidates from any agencies."

#28 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue: Would you mind doing a post before I go offline for now. It's almost over anyway, I like to keep track of the amount of posts and I'd like it to end fairly soon.

#29 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

"An unusual question, Mister Merrarn... What inspired it?" Sam spoke softly, already considering the man's public image, and what would happen if he turned up dead in a dumpster with heroin in his arm.

#30 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"Your voice and speech patterns mostly," James said easily.

"But you evaded the question. I say again, Have you requested information or surveillance on other candidates from any agencies?" He repeated sternly.

'Another political deceiver, how do people not see it? Or perhaps many do, and they just don't care.'

#31 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: "I'm not trying to evade, simply trying to help you or. Anyone watching and hearing hat without context would think you a tinfoil hat clad conspiracy theorist. So, no. I have not."

(There is NO way he can find out about that. Pleas, don't.)

#32 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"It's my job to theorize, discover, and reveal. Conspiracies can be quite real, anyone who says otherwise is either lying, stubborn, or hasn't taken enough history yet. Although they could also be too unintelligent." James replied, "And for the record, Wearing a tinfoil hat wouldn't be very effective."

"We're almost out of time. What about STRIKE and, so called, 'super heroes.' Do you think that such should be able to keep their identities secret and be allowed to work, within legal bounds, as a sort of major threat police force?"

(Grrrr....fine, I'll try to avoid finding it.)

#33 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

"I think that revenge is a powerful motivator, and people with a grudge against a hero would be able to find their identity. If the hero so chooses, they should keep anonymity. However, that does not mean I support vigilantism. All heroes should be government-vetted before doing what they do. And STRIKE... STRIKE is dangerous."

#34 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"If vetted would they or would they not be needed to admit their true identity?" James asked.

"True, STRIKE is quite dangerous. Then again so is America, and plenty of other countries. Maverick is dangerous too. And me, I could be quite dangerous too if I chose." James replied, "It's not a matter of dangerous. But what about its leader, Tyrus, and its rules and actions? What do you think of them?"

#35 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: "Not if there was a way to find and punish them for any crimes they commit."

"I quite agree, but Maverick at least has ties to the United States. Their actions are perfectly legal, as a PMC. Ou, being 'dangerous,' would be illegal. Tyrus strikes me as unstable and petty, having cut ties to all law enforcement over some silly disputes. STRIKE's actions are for the positive for now, but not necessarily layer."

#36 Edited by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"Having ties doesn't actually decrease someones danger level. It simply creates bias, in Mavericks case for America. " James replied calmly.

"Now I will agree that Tyrus may not be exactly the best person to lead for a few reasons. However I can actually see her reasoning for cutting ties. They were trying to manipulate STRIKE, to control it. I would like to add that America might be for the positive, for now, but perhaps not later. Same for you." He leaned back a little, "Ties don't really make anyone less dangerous, in fact, for many it may make them even more dangerous because they use advantage of their ties to their advantage before they cut them, or before they control them."

#37 Edited by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: "I--" Sam's earpiece buzzed, and he straightened. "Goodbye." His armor unfolded, and he walked out, a grim look on his face. Donn...

#38 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

"Well then," James shrugged, "I suppose that's the end of it." He signaed to the cameras to cut

'Why did you leave Mr. Washington? I would rather like to find out.'

#39 Edited by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: Editing my posts for suture storyline purposes. Hope you don't mind.

#41 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue: depends on how it gets edited. Tell me when it's done so I can see.

#42 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue: Well I don't see differences. I guess it's good then.

Thanks for the interview!