G.E.D James Merrarn interview with King Meison Calidus

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The two men were in the Embassy, to avoid any problems that might have occured on soil...well ground, not belonging to the king.

Cameras and microphones watched and listened to them both offering a live feed to the world and recording it for later usage. James may have been excited to enter the embassy, but ir he was he hid it unbelievably well.

At first James was facing the camera in his usual suit and tie, "Due to the sudden reveal that not only does Atlantis exist, but will be interacting with the rest of the world, I was fortunate enough to manage an interview with King Meison Calidus himself." He turned to the king, "Now, as I always do, I ask exactly how should I refer to you? Especially since atlantean methods of address may be different."

This was a simple introduction, the true questions would follow soon.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Note! All ooc comments must be in spoilers or either of the following: ( ), [ ]

Also this is a closed interaction with @meison_calidus

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nodding with a small smile Meison crosses a leg over his knee, his hair wrapped in a bun behind his head, "Thank you for having me Mr.Merran. I've seen some of your work and appreciate that you specifically reached out for an interview. In the capitol I am King Calidus, or your highness. It depends largely on the why the individual meeting with me is there. Or rather what it is they want." He laughs, "But for these purposes you can call me King Calidus. Surface edict not withheld, Mr.Calidus will do as well."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

James nods, he had been hopeful there would be a good way to adress him. He preffered to give proper respect to people of high rank. However, that didn't mean he wouldn't contradict them.

"Alright, King Calidus," He began normally, not showing any particular emotion, "What caused you to want to make Atlantis a publicly known nation?" Just one of numerous questions to follow, some more or less aggressive than others.

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: Drinking from a glass Meison nods, his knee in hand over his lap, "We of the sea have spent millenia apart from the surface. Isolated and malnourished on the full experience of this world, and vice versa. We were nearly found after a seismic event at floor level disrupted our ancient cloaking spells. There were two options. Do as my predecessor would have, and kill them. Or stand for something better, what my family stood for before being deposed. Peace. Unity."

Sitting forward Meison smiles and rolls his eyes, "I understand that this sounds too good to be true. Because of it's simplicity. But truly my only agenda is peace. The darkest agenda I have I will fully admit to is..." He pauses for effect, "A dominoes pizza in Atlantis. There, I have exposed myself!" He says laughing, letting the obvious media rumors of his intentions being anything but pure roll off his broad shoulders as he does so.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

James seemed unamused simply raising an eyebrow, he regarded his interviews seriously. Not in a single one had he ever laughed. He felt almost as though they were aggresive interviews, or friendly interrogations. Still, his response was not hostile, more neutral than anything else.

"So next then, I've heard you offered some form of money to the US to help stabilize the economy. Any particular reason you chose the USA, instead of another country?" He asked.

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: looking at the stone cold demeanor of his interviewer Meison leans back and inhales, the smile fading from his face, "It was an opportunity I believe could benefit both the United States as well as Atlantis. In the aforementioned moment I made contact with a surfacer, who's name I will not share, proved the right call. Because he told me what we already knew, the United States was in an economic crisis. Being that gold is not a form of currency or even high value, we use it mostly for religious reasons, it was out of a mix of both moral obligation opportunism. I saw the chance to reveal ourselves with goodwill at the forefront, and seized it. Besides, Atlantis is not so far from the shores of America. One could call us sister nations and I would not correct them. "

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

James nodded, 'Good reply.' He thought.

"I'm going to forewarn that some of these questions may seem aggressive. I do this to everyone, but I'd like to be sure you knew." He mentioned. He still didn't truly trust the king, then again he still didn't trust most people he'd interviewed. But it helped the more questions he asked...usually.

"How did you come to be king of Atlantis? And how did the former ruler or rulers depart from their reign?"

It was a simple and not very hostile question to an innocent person, but it would be noticable to someone who had killed or assisted in usurping former leaders. James watched for reactions

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: Shaking his head, "No explanation necessary, I understand."

Listening intently while pulling on the short hairs of his chin Meison thinks on his response, "The former ruler was a tyrant, who was my polar opposite in terms of foreign affairs, and most other things as well. He wanted a war with the surface as to own the land and repopulate it without species. He believed it was ours, stolen from us. This is why he was known as the Mad King. I, along with good allies and friends from other Houses, or as you would understand them, other rulers of the united nations, executed a coup to dethrone my predecessor...at a great cost...on all sides. We originally failed, and it led to a short lived but brutal war." The King takes a deep breath, never having had to explain himself in such detail, he didn't expect the sudden flood of emotions that reopened just recently thought healed wounds "The Mad King, he killed my pregnant wife, in front of everyone to signal the start of the end. He didn't know then that the end would be his own. "

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

James listened. Could be true, could be something a traumatized man came up with to make himself feel better, could all be just another story for public sway. He'd try and get someone who could back it up, but that would be later.

"Are you fully aware of the activities of the land dwellers? And do you currently have any opinions you are willing to voice about the state and actions of those currently in command?" He asked.

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: "Well aware."All form of lax and casual demeanor had left the King, his back rigid and tight, sitting up and leaning in over the microphone, staring dead-eyed into the camera "Let me be clear. I view the president of the United States, his allegations, and his cabinet, as cowards, liars, and thieves. They are tyrants by another name. I don't have an opinion, I have a promise. If the United States attacks my country without provocation, I will not kill American soldiers. I will not slaughter civilians. I will storm the lawn of the white house and challenge your President to single combat myself. "

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

If James wasn't so against emotional response during an interview, he would have smiled at that. As it was, all could be noticed was a slight glimmer for just a fraction of a second. He had to continue with his usual methods, as he always did.

"Next question," He continued, "Will you now attempt to continue trying to assist the American econemy? And if so, by what means shall you follow?"

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: "My involvement in the economy was, as I said earlier, a moral obligation in the time of a crisis. I have no intentions of handling foreign affairs in any form but a diplomatic relationship building one."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

James nodded considering his next question. He was, admittedly, less emotionally wary of this completely new reveal of atlantis than he had been of STRIKE when it came back under Tyrus's command. Thing is, this was better orginized it seemed and appeared less of a threat. The embassy was already open before the interview, a good step, and a resource had been offered to america before James even started working on the interview idea for it. And the king displayed no signs of hostility without reason, well, mostly. James was unsure about exactly what happened in atlantis.

"Will there be any other particular changes you intend to make in the future that will effect atlantis or the rest of the world?" He asked.

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: "I will always be making changes to better and enrich our experiences. As to how I will go about that, I can't discuss it. But I can assure that peace is the main objective."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

James narrowed his eyes for a second before returning to normal, "King Calidus, perhaps you cannot discuss the details of your plans. But peace is a word that has had many interpretations, some of which involve world desolation. Can you assure us that your plans do not involve the harming in any way shape or form of humans, land dwellers, and similair inhabitants of the outer levels of Earth unless neccesary by self defense?" His question was said without emotion. He still didn't trust the king, whether or not he was not high on a scale of likely murderers or genocidal maniacs.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Meison_Calidus

@admirallogic: "I have a question for you. If I did give you assurances, if I swore my devotion to the surface, if I bowed before the president and gave him my trident, would you and your people believe it? This is the issue we, as a people of one world, face today. Too much division has taken place on the surface. Mistrust and paranoia is rampant thanks to the actions of tyrants and mad men. When I revealed Atlantis and the other six nations to the world I did so on the basis of building trust. This is a monumental occasion in our world's history. One that will decide the future of all things. Will we begin to repair the fractures in our societies, both above and below, or will we one and all, from homes to nations, become xenophobes? Scared to open our hearts and minds to anything that didn't exist before we knew of it? The answer lies on the invisible bridge. The one you can only find your way across, with a leap of faith."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AdmiralLogic

@meison_calidus:

"I make leaps of faith all the time. But that doesn't mean to follow completely blind." James commented evenly, "Fear is natural. People these days are more and more commonly decievers, lie to your face without flinching. Even our own rulers have lied to us. So you can see why people would be concerned when a king comes from the place that we likely know less about than the space."

James pressed his fingers together in front of his face, "Perhaps you are not a deciever, a usurper, or any of the threatening things some people may wonder of you. But consider this, the inquiring may prove what you are truly. Which is good as long as you are not a tyrant or deciever. Trust of this magnitude needs earning. Worming around questions just seems more like a deceivers method, one which I ran into reletively recently and turned out badly for the deciever in the end." He was reffering to Samuel Washington at that moment, quite an interesting event it was. And dangerous for many people.

"You may not be him. But please answer questions with simpler and direct answers." James finished, hid methods may have seemed aggressive, but he preffered to keep things as direct as possible, "Can I get a answer short answer for the last question please?"

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: "I suppose we have different customs in conversation. I feel I answer as directly as I could. My wish wasn't to "worm" around the question, but to answer it in the best way possible. You want a simple answer to a complex question. I can't give you that. There is no easy answer, in any relationship, to the question of trust. It must be earned by the one expecting it, and faith must be given to the one expected. But if what you'd like is political rhetoric to appeal to a large demographic of surfacers, I'll have my people draft something for you when I return home." Meison said with a cocky attitude. He prided himself on his directness, on the fact that he never was a man, or King, who would avoid a confrontation or back away from a challenge. To claim he was anything but was offending. Though at the same time, refreshing. It was like finally playing chess with someone else for once since he was crowned.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

James had to resist saying that it actually was a simple question, or qouting someone about intelligence, complexity, or simplicity. Although he actually despised using qoute for such things, he was prone to want to do it. He also realized he was more intelligent than most people so something simple to him might not be to others.

"Indeed, customs do change a lot between nations it seems. It is fortunate there are not language barriers however." James commented, he also had not taken into account that the king might not be used to the way he spoke and communicated. Actually, many people weren't used to him.

"As for the next question, assuming you know, what do your people and fellow rulers think of your revealing them to the outer world? Excited? Worried? Unsure?" James asked, it could be important.

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: "It's a mixture of all three. Some are outright angry with my decision, mainly because I didn't consult them. Others are simply stuck in their ways and want to remain isolated out of fear of the unknown. Other's still, a majority, not a minority, are open minded and hopefully interested in seeing what the best outcome can be of the collision of our two worlds. "

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

"Ah, so this was a decision by you only. Correct?" James inquieried to clarify it, just in case there were some others who had consulted with him on it. "These ones where are not content with the decision, to you expect any form of betrayel from them?"

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: "That is correct. As King I speak for all seven nations, and though consultation is good edict, I feared the reactions some would have that would slow the process to a crawl, and decided to take the necessary action." Leaning in he nods while listening. This man was highly intelligent and very intuitive to the inner mechanics of politics, or perhaps more so, people.

"I think Betrayal is harsh, but there will be backlash. A close friend of mine, ruler of a smaller nation, has actually claimed to be exiting the union. I still need to discuss the matter with him, but I fear his mind may already be made up. Still, I'm sure that he won't act against anything, he will merely favor being a sole nation without the protection of the union and the involvement of surface affairs."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

James nodded, that was good. It also suggested either the king truly had gained the trust of his people or he was the most strict and effective at keeping people silent than anyone in any history James had learned. Most likely, and hopefully, the former.

"I'm actually coming to some of the later questions now," James commented, "Do you believe that there is anyone in your nations, or fellow nations under the sea, that may have ill will to those on land?"

So far the king had seemed to be an effective ruler, even if he had some of the natural traits of a politician. James wasn't fond of poloticians because many were decievers, but by the way this man looked did not suggest it. By emotional reply alone, the king was a good probably intelligent ruler who was likely close to fellow rulers and people, and seemed to be morally in the right. By intellectual study alone the king had two most likely personalities: A good king as mentioned in the emotional based analasys, or a powerful and effective deciever who had vast control over his own people. However the likelyhood of the second was below 30%.

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus: (Almost. Just a few more questions I think, I'm running out. The amount of posts on here is around how many I usually end at.)

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: "No. A prejudice perhaps, but not ill will. They fear for themselves and their people because the surface is known all too well for the constant wars that are fought over difference of DNA. This is why I agreed to your interview. The surface needs to know we aren't a threat unless we feel threatened, and the world needs to know that we only want peace. Knowledge is the root of understanding, understanding and empathy are the roots of peace. "

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

'Good. Let's hope it's true.' James thought to himself.

"Just one more question after this I think," James commented, "Will you be joining or supporting any groups from above ground, such as joining united nations or supporting STRIKE?"

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: "I've developed a rapport with Ambassador Grayson, known better as the Last Guardian, and he's asked me to join in a partnership with a group he and a diverse mix both culturally and powerfully individuals have created to ensure global peace. It's known as W.A.L. or We Are Legend. Their core ideals align with my own and I honorably accepted his invitation. "

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

'Hmm, interesting. I'll have to study these people.' James thought to himself.

"Last question," James said, "Will you personally be making many appearences outside of the Embassy or atlantis, excluding anything done with the We Are Legend?"

Most likely it woild be a yes, but he wanted to check to be sure. He liked clarifying things.

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Meison_Calidus

@admirallogic: "Perhaps with other governments of the world. But America's government as of now as t stands, are acting hostile towards myself and think it would be best to stay off their soil. I would like to build a stronger rapport with the American people, but not with their government. In that regard I will be working with Ambassador Grayson as closely as possible to ensure goals of peace are met on both sides."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meison_calidus:

James looked at his pocket watch, and then at his notes.

"I thank you for your time and cooperation King Calidus." He said standing up preparing to depart, "I pray your dealings with the rest of the world shall go well."

The crew starting picking up equipment, though not stop filming yet. Usually the stopped once he actually departed, in the case conversation managed to start up again.

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: Standing Meison extends his hand palm down, "Of course, thank you for coming. I hope we can do it again in the future, once things have progressed on the world stage. "

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AdmiralLogic

@meison_calidus:

James shook his hand, "Perhaps." He said simply. James and his crew gathered their stuff and left. There were things to study, work to do. This had seemed a very productive interview, hopefully. But there was always work to do.

(Thank you for the interview, it was fun!)

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: (It was. Definitely should do it again eventually.)

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AdmiralLogic

@meison_calidus: (Eventually. I like using James whenever I get the chance, he doesn't get into combat though, litterally one fight for the months that I've had him and that fight turned into a discussion, so not exactly the easiest to use.)

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Meison_Calidus

@admirallogic: (Those are more my types too. Fights can be fun but the real stuff goes down in the dialogue.)

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers