• 59 results
#1 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok guys this is my first RPG and ive got a good idea where its going to go. This is not a battle its more of an introduction to the concept. Anyone can join and if they like what they hear can then join the story when I continue it. There isnt an OOC thread as the RP is a briefing, all your questions are in character. If its impossible to ask me in that way, use the PM system. New players are welcome but make sure that you know what you’re doing.

Heres a link to the rules.

http://www.comicvine.com/message/official-rpg-rules/8030/&c=7&7

#2 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

The Reverend sat in silence, gazing at the fire in the hearth. The Log cabin was in a secluded place and so it was unlikely that anyone he hadn’t invited would find it. He’d given an open call out for supers a few days ago and was still waiting for anyone to arrive. The delay wasn’t surprising, northwest Canada wasn’t exactly accessible.

Behind him Malcolm brooded in the corner, puffing on a cigar.

“So why are we here?” he asked for the hundredth time.

The Reverend turned in annoyance, anger breaking through his calm composure for an instant.

“What I have to say is important, if Jesus had explained things to one person at a time Christianity would never have got started. Now shut up and wait!”

Malcolm raised his eyebrows as the Reverend turned back to the fire. Someone had better get here soon, or blood was going to be spilt.

#3 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

A hooded figure appeared from the darkness, he slowly came close enough for the camp fire to shed some light on his face. Two members of the VV where on either side of him and as he looked at the Reverend and then back at Malcolm, he rose his hand and dismissed them and they returned to the darkness. Lord Gambler had no love for the Reverend, but he was a man to be respected.

"So, we have you summoned me old man?"

#4 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

"Ah yes, Gambler. Or is it Lord Gambler now, its been so long since we sat down and had a good chat. I assume youve met my associate, Malcolm? As ive just been telling him, all in good time, so sit down and help yourself to a glass of port."

Malcolm smiled at the Reverand's treatment of Gambler. He hoped that he wouldnt get pissed off. Malcolm had been waiting a week to hear what the Reverand had to say and he didnt want to fall at the last hurdle.

"Is anyone else comming Reverand? Or should I save the champagne?"

#5 Posted by Constantine (16127 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok walked in grinning last time he got called here they tried to kill him he killed everyone but he spared the reverened, he had because they went into war together and the reverened saved his life... long story. havok stepped in and saw Lord Gambler leader of the VV his leader and what havok would say friend he also saw they grey haired reverened and another chap standing beside him "what did you want me for ? if you try and kill me again this time i shall not spare your life"

#6 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

"Calm down my dear boy. On this occasion I am going to save your life. Please sit down while we wait for the others to arrive."

Malcolm grinned in his corner. The Reverend had never mentioned his dealing before thier meeting and it was good to know that he got on everyones nerves. Malcolm turned to Havok,

"Malcolm Rees, pleased to make your aquaintance."

#7 Posted by Constantine (16127 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm sure" he put out his hand for malcom to shake it "Havok".

#8 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum walked into the dark room in no mood to talk he pulled up a chair beside the others and asked

"what is this"

#9 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler sat and watched as Havok and Spectrum came and sat. He nodded to both as he drank. What was this he thought, four villains and the Reverend, could it be a trap? He didn't believe so, he knew the Reverend was a man of faith and honor.

"Reverend we go back along way, but my patience is growing thin. Tell me, what is the meaning of this........Gathering."

#10 Posted by The WeatherMan (3261 posts) - - Show Bio

A portal suddenly opened in the middle of the room, shining bright white energy into the room. Out of the portal a tall and imposing stature of a man had appeared, face and arms completely covered by a hoodie and sleeves. An aura of power was being given off from the man's body, he stood facing Reverend, without speaking a word, waiting on the man to explain the meaning of the gathering.

#11 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

Snow fell slightly on the ground, adding to the accumulated mass of it covering said ground already. Cryo-Wolf's paw crunched into the snow, leaving his footprint embedded in the snow. The wind blew coldly threw the frozen forest, brushing snow over Cryo's tracks as he went.

Cryo raised his head to the wind and caught the scent. The Reverend who had given out a call to anyone with extraordinary abilities. Cryo was already in Canada when the call went out. Canada was like home to Cryo, the cold forests and their animals welcoming him.

Cryo-Wolf walked over a hill and saw the cabin, the light from the hearth illuminating the snow out front. Cryo walked to the door and pushed it open. The cold wind rushed into the cabin, and Cryo wuickly closed the door to keep the fire from going out.

He saw Gambler, his friend and leader, among other people. Some he knew, some he didn't. "Ev'ning folks. Did I miss the party?" Cryo said sarcastically, looking around the solemn room.

#12 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

"No you did not, please have a seat." he gestured to a seat.

"As Gambler has suggested I will now begin my lecture. More may come but it is important that we do not delay too long." the Reverend paused for a moment, as if gathering his thoughts.

"The story begins a very long time ago, an eternity in fact. But for the people who first wrote of it an eternity was a measurement of time, much like out own hours. They spoke of a time of fire and ice, a time where the whole of humanity was enslaved to the whims of an insane god. This meeting was arranged to determine what action to take, for the mad god fell, consumed by the rage of his servants and was banished from the earth. Now 6739 years later he is attempting to return." The Reverand looked around the room at the assembled warriors, they would need all of them and more if they were going to suceed in what he had planned.
Post Edited:2007-06-07 17:09:21

#13 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylux teleported in "You called?" said Sylux coldly "Before you say anything I would like to know the pay" requested Sylux.

#14 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio

The flames turned black and grew larger, they now stood the same height as man , slowly they turned into a black void, gradually a large wiry figure appeared his black eyes scanning the collection that stood before him.

He said nothing a moved into the shadows, the wind blowing his long black hair , As he span to lean on a tree his red coat floated back down to his side , His orange glass reflected the moon light and all that could really be seen was that Cheshire cat smile he always wore.

Evilness spilt out from this man , no one knew if he did it on purpose or his power was always ready to explode. His is drove into everyone, He gave a slight nodded to Gambler, But still nothing. It was as if he could not care and was wondering who to kill first, A click of his fingers and the fire returned to it’s normal self.

Arrow waited and listen if he had something to say he was saving it

#15 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

"Well you can tell me the pay later" said Sylux as he walked around the room observing the place "I can't wait to get started on the job" thought Sylux as he looked around himself.

#16 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler shook his head back and forth looking at Sylux. "Fool, this isn't about money, this is about survival. You want to be paid for knowledge that may spare your life. You should be paying HIM." Gambler turned his attention back to the Reverend waiting to hear the rest of what he had to say.
Post Edited:2007-06-07 17:25:30

#17 Posted by Walkingstone (10637 posts) - - Show Bio

The massive form of the black wolf crunched through the snow, his yellow eyes glowing in the snow flakes. Shivering in the wind, Walkingstone could feel the evil pouring off of the cabin from here. The greyhairs had said it was a trap but Matty didn't think so and that was good enough for her. She'd left the kid in Oklahoma and come alone with only the wolf as companion. With her coat pulled tight around her, she knocked on the cabin door and waited.
Post Edited:2007-06-07 19:06:29

#18 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

"Please, all issues of that nature will be dealt with momentarily." snapped the Reverend, irked at the interuption.

"Would someone allow Miss Walkingstone to enter. Now where was I, oh yes the God. His name is several hundred sylables long and has the interesring quirk that speaking it will cause profuse bleeding from all the bodily orrifices. Therefore we shall refer to him by his main characteristic, One Eye. The only method for him to return to earth was to split up his essence and spread it over the planet, then he would wait an eternity and rejoin the pieces of himself. One of the few references to him goes as follows.

Nine shall burn from the sky

and scar the earth with thier presence

An eternal slumber

For a priceless gain

The first shall be the wisest

And the Last the strongest

Pale rider on a pale horse

For he is death

He is the ninth of nine" The reverand finished and looked around the room,

"I am the first, so belive me when I say that it has begun."
Post Edited:2007-06-07 17:29:42

#19 Posted by Lady Tlieso (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

Emerging from the shadows, Tlieso scanned the group of men around the fire. Walking closer to the fire she moved a chair into place with a slight hand motion.

"So gentlemen, is this a boys only thing or can girls play too?", she asked with a mischievous grin on her face.

#20 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

"You have no idea what I have went through in the past" said Sylux as he remembered the monster Gorea who destroyed a Galaxy spanning Empire in a month. He remembered awakening the beast with his fellow hunters how they and he were impaled by a tentecale and had some of their life energy drained.

#21 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf had sat where the reverend had told him to. He sat with his arms crossed, listening intently on what he had to say.

Cryo was surprised at this new revelation. "So, and pardon the interruption, lemme get this straight: You're a piece of this One Eye God? So then, why are you warning us of his coming. Shouldn't you be welcoming and preparing for it?"

#22 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

"If you are one of them then why aren't you trying to destroy us now" remarked Sylux "If only I could get the other hunters then this would be more enjoyable" Said Sylux.

#23 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

"The feral boy has put his finger on the crux of the situation. Allow me to explain. I am a part of a God, but only a single part. Into me he poured all his wisdom, therefore I know almost everything and can probably find out anything I dont. However he made a mistake, I have none of his ambition. The world is fine how it is and does not need a God like him. I have decided to ensure that it doesnt get one. Does that answer your question?"

The Reverend turned to Tlieso,

"Charmed that you could make it my dear."

#24 Posted by Lady Tlieso (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

"Thank you" she replied with a smile.

"So if you're one part of the God where are the other parts? Or better still who?"

#25 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

"Can you tell me one thing why did you call me instead of the other six hunters" asked Sylux in curiosity.

#26 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

"I still dont get what you want from us Reverend. What is that we are supposed to do, and why us? From what I've heard this god needs all nine to be whole again right?" Gambler jumped to his feet and charged a small magnetic sphere of energy. "So if I kill you now its over, correct?"

Gambler waited for the Reverend to speak.
Post Edited:2007-06-07 17:42:57

#27 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylux scanned Gambler finding out a enourmous amount about him then he scanned evreyone else "It may not be that simple Gambler beings of Godlike power don't go down like that for example when my rival thought she had killed Gorea he simply revived with more power and she had to kill him a second time" said Sylux.
Post Edited:2007-06-07 17:45:39

#28 Posted by The WeatherMan (3261 posts) - - Show Bio

Sage knew of which God the man was speaking of. He saw his forthcoming, but decided not to interfere and left his world alone, letting the silly tyrant run free. The second coming of his made him rise his brow in amusement.

"What do you want from all of us?" - he gestured his hand around the entire room, his powerful voice shook the room, making some of the glass start to vibrate.

#29 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

"If it were that easy Gambler I would have done myself in long ago. In fact my continued existance is the only thing that will save you. If you were to kill me my physical body would be destroyed, but the essence would return to One Eye and be reborn, except that he would correct his mistake. You would be facing an ememy who knew everything, rather than has an ally who does. As for you Sylux, all six would alert One eye that somthing was happening. To address the final question from the delectable Tleiso I will explain what I want from you all. Unless anyone else has some pressing question."

The Reverand looked about with the infinite calm of one who knows that he is completly safe.
Post Edited:2007-06-07 17:49:02

#30 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

"He wants us to slay the eight other aspects of the One Eyed god however it isn't very easy to kill beings with god level power they nearly have a way of coming back somehow" Said Sylux "And Still You haven't answered me Reverand Why me and not Samus who is the best of the hunters" asked Sylux again.
Post Edited:2007-06-07 17:49:54

#31 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio

His eyes lit , "So it has began" he whispread to himself, He had felt something strange with the world , had this been it . Arrow was an Immortal and had seen many things he had fought death before, did he have the strength to do it again,

He stayed in the shadows looking at the speaker , egaer to hear more, But never lwt it show, He pulled his sword out and stabbed it in the ground and began tolean on it , His red coat hung in front of him covering the sword.

He wondered if he should speak and say that this threat was a real one , It was one of the old text not written on paper or stone but wevean into the very fabric of life.

#32 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

"Well as long as one of the Old Eye's aspects isn't Gorea i'm in" said Sylux as he shivered at the memory of Gorea who had done things he didn't imagine possible.

#33 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

"Sylux is corerect in one respect. However of the eight only on can die, he is the ninth and you are going to flush him out. I did answer you, try to pay attention," a flash of anger broke through the reverands calm exterior for a moment. "We want to flush out the Ninth without letting one eye know our strength."

Malcolm stood up.

"Are we done with twenty questions yet, or can the man get to who I have to kill to end this S&*t?" he asked.

#34 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

"Alright I'm doing this" said Sylux coldly "Now who's with me" said Sylux.

#35 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler looked at Sylux and laughed, "With you? Are you now leading this rag tag group. I follow no one, and I care nothing for this God and the threat it pose's. But I shall go along, for now."

#36 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

Malcolm spoke quickly,

"What exactly is your plan Reverend?"

The Reverend smiled grimly before replying,

"It is horrifically simple, first we will split off into teams and take down seperate parts one at a time. This should draw out the ninth, then we kill it and One Eye will not be able to regain his Godhood."

He made it sound easy but deep down he knew that many lives were going to be lost before it ended.

#37 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

"Well we have all risked our lives before have we not?" asked Sylux knowing the answer would be a unonomous yes. OOC:I'm off till tomorow.

#38 Posted by Lady Tlieso (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

"Ok so we have a game plan but I am not working with robot boy over there.", she said rolling her eyes at Sylux.

#39 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

"Though I do not admire you for your humility I do admire you for your steadfastness. I am glad that we shall have you, for a while at least, we shall need you."

The Reverend gazed at the assembled group.

"Any who wish to stay may do so, those who dont may leave."

#40 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio

Steeping forward Arrow liffted his sword "BE QUITE FOOL , we are not done" he stopped in frpnt of the reverand and looked him in the eyes taking of his jacket , Revaling BOw&Arrow his 45 cliber pure silver enchanted guns.

"You have not told them everything, If you want us you tell them everything" , His rage could be felt round the camp , Arrow was not like most he had lived from almost the start of the world , So,me say longer his powers where evil and very primal , Before magic was evn knowen.

He stood as the flames of the fire got larger , Waiting for the reverand to finish his story.

#41 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

"I was meerly waiting for those who desired no part in our enterprise to leave. Some may be spies. But seeing as you are so eager you may continue the story. Though I wonder whether you know of the Nine?"

The heat from Arrows flames was filling the small room yet the Reverend seemed unaffected. Malcolm glanced at him while trying to keep his eyes on Arrow. Sweat was pouring off the man.

#42 Posted by Lady Tlieso (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

Pulling a fan out of the folds of her robe, "Arrow can you turn it down a bit? Please?"

Fanning herself she moved away from the fire.

"Ok, Rev so you're all the the wisdom but no ambition right? So what other aspects are we looking for?"

#43 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio

Letting his rage lower , he saw what the man was trying to do , Arrow would not tip his hand not yet "This is your party , I will join you against the nine but when the full story has been told".

He liffted his hand and a cool brezze flew over everyone, The old man was smart maybe to smart, but they where both old and from the vibrations Arrow was getting off him , He was powerful as well, But Arrow did not move he merley stood and waited on the old man to speak and for the cowards to go .

The nine had always benn whispred in back rooms and shady conners of the world , any information on them came from them , no romours where made up , It was all kept very silent as real evil should be, Any refrence to them in text had been destroyed , Arrow should have acted sonner but he himself had forgot about themm till now.
Post Edited:2007-06-07 18:22:04

#44 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf kept the air around him cool, protecting himself from Arrow's flames.

"So, Nine pieces scattered 'round the globe. Is there a certain time limit in which these deeds be done or is it a play as we go and hope we win before One Eye?"

#45 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

The Reverend switched his attention, trusting in Malcolm to warn him if Arrow mad a hostile move.

"Well, the first part is in front of you. The second is a crippled soldier in Siberia. The third is a young Latin American girl, lovley parents by the way. The description for the fourth is sketchy but the literal translation is of 'Savagest Nature', The fifth is a semi mechanical construct named Raven. The good news is that the sixth died and has not returned, but in life he was Napoleon Bonaparte. The Seventh is the moon and the eight is a warrior born. All rather cryptic im afraid."

#46 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

"The good news is that you will have almost all the time in the world to get One Eyes attention, the bad news is that once you have it things will begin to move very quickly."

#47 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf's eyes widened. "The moon?" The moon powered Cryo considerably, and now he must destroy it? It had always been there, like a comforting being, and now it was his enemy.

How could something so good to him be the very evil the world feared. "How can we destroy the moon?"

#48 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler paid close attention to the Wolf and the women that came with him. Neither spoke much but yet had a presence about them. Gambler continued to silently look over the room and size everyone up. They had power and some, like Arrow didnt mind showing it. But there where a couple who's silence made Gambler un-eazy, they where careful not to show any emotion. What where they thinking, and why had the Reverend chosen them.

#49 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

The Reverend laughed out loud, the rich booming sound bouncing around inside the small cabin.

"There is no need to worry Cryo. Im sure that One Eye will step in before it becomes nessesary to destroy the moon. If he dosent then we are going to be in trouble. The plannet needs the moon more than you do. No I think we'll concentrate on other targets."

#50 Posted by Lady Tlieso (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

"The moon? We have to kill the moon? You have got to be kidding! I mean whats with all the cryptic stuff. Can't you just give us names? For someone who's supposed to be all knowing & such you're sure leaving a lot of information out."