Real Name: Wallace Ivan Walker. But he prefers to be called Wally.
Other Aliases: The Flash, The Fastest Man Alive, Lightspeed, Lightning, Zoom.
Occupation: Former Forensics Scientist. Now he takes odd jobs wherever he can find them.
Base Of Operations: Mobile
Citizenship: United States Citizen with no criminal record
Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California
Education: College Degree
Marital Status: Single
Weight: 175 lbs
Physical Form: Wally has the physique of a runner, but is a little more muscular than the usual sprinter should be.
Created by: ParagonxXx
First Impressions: Before your mind can truly process it, you see a glint at the other end of the street and suddenly the entire area is full of a stroboscopic red blur. There's a high pitched hum, like an angry bee, as multiple dopplershifts overlay as the blur crisscrosses your vision. Then the blurs merge into one, the buzzing vanishes and Flash Lightning is standing before you. He is in his early twenties with the muscular physique of a sprinter. He politely introduces himself as Flash Lightning and you catch a trace of a Californian accent. Yet before you can reply he's gone, subsumed into the red blur that vanishes into the horizon accompanied by multiple sonic booms.
POWERS & ABILITIES
Speed Force Generator & Conduit - Wally Walker is the very source and creator of the Speed Force and generates it with every step he takes. For this very reason, he is unaffected if any other speedster tries to steal or drain his speed. Wally has shown that he cannot be stopped by any force if he absorbs the Speed Force. He is currently fast enough to easily break any dimensional barrier and even enter the Speed Force itself. He also happens to be one of the few people to have ever escaped from it.
While some speedsters are powered by the Speed Force, Wally mainlines the power from the force itself and cannot be cut off from the source, unlike the others. As a speedster, Flash Lightning possesses only one power: Speed. However, he possesses a number of sub-abilities that give him the following capabilities:
Super-Speed - Currently, Wally's top speed is unknown even though he is capable of moving at immense super-human speeds. He is able to cover 7,000 miles in 6.25 seconds from a standing still position and even accelerate past light-speed to the point of entering the Speed Force. It is said that Wally Walker is the fastest man alive and is arguably one of the fastest beings to ever exist, equaled only by his son Alex. He is able to run, think, react and fight at Super-Speed. He can also run across bodies of water and up the sides of buildings.
, speeds greater than Mach 10 are dangerous to both the people and to the environment. This speed would still be the equivalent to approximately 2 miles per second, allowing Flash Lightning to cross the United States in about 23 minutes or circle the world in about 3 hours, but the Speed Force has shown that if needed, Wally can use it to prevent such effects from occurring, hence why he is able to run at speeds as fast as light without it having devastating effects on the planet.
, Wally can absorb additional energy from the Speed Force to achieve even greater speed, but he fears what it might do to his body and possibly to the world. It's because of this that Wally has put mental blocks within himself to prevent him from achieving speeds beyond the speed of light with the exception of world saving emergencies and races against other speedsters.
- Aerokinesis - By running in a circle at a certain speed, Flash Lightning is able to create a vortex with a variety of effects. One effect is pulling the air away from the center in order to suffocate an enemy. Another effect is levitating whoever and whatever was in the center. Also, able to send anyone or anything into another dimension when running around them. Some other effects are acting as barriers to movement or funnels for toxic gases. Wally can also spin his arms to create directed funnels of hurricane speed air that can knock down barriers or reduce the speed of a falling object. When putting out forest fires, Wally runs around the perimeter and creates a pocket tornado. The updraft lowers the temperature inside the funnel and raises the fire off the ground which takes away it's fuel source.
- Decelerated Aging - Along with every speedster that draws from the speed force, Wally ages much more slowly than a normal human and is likely to live for at least a few hundred years before he dies of old age.
- Dimensional Travel - Flash Lightning has shown to be able to traverse dimensions with his own powers. However, he must accelerate to the point that he is skirting the very edge of the Speed Force dimension or even entering it. In order to enter the Speed Force dimension she must exceed light speed, which he can easily do.
- Electrokinesis - As a conduit of the Speed Force, Flash Lightning's body generates large amounts of electricity when he is running. This Speed Force lightning emanates off of him when he runs and it's because of this that he is able to use it as a weapon and fire electrical energy at his foes. However, Wally must be running in order to do this.
- Enhanced Mental Processes - Flash Lightning's mental abilities are also increased in speed, simple computations can be done at lightning speeds and his ability to perform normal feats at increased speeds has allowed him to build hundreds of force field generators in a matter of minutes, move sandbags to cover a beach or search an entire area for something as small as a paper clip. Wally can also read at super-speed, giving him an increased learning capability and acquire new skills in minutes instead of years.
- Enhanced Senses -The Speed Force grants Wally enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world at a rate attuned to his reaction speed. Wally can also sense when the flow of time has been manipulated, as well as channel the Speed Force and "listen to it", allowing him to sense things that are disrupting the space-time continuum. He can even shift his vibrational frequency, giving him the capability of seeing through the highly advanced cloaking technology of an invisible city.
- Healing - Wally's lightning can heal the wounds of others through contact. An arc of his lightning sealed a wound of a civilian after he was impaled.
- Increased Perceptions - Flash Lightning possesses enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world around him while moving at super-speed. He also has the ability to alter his perceptions so that falling objects can appear to be standing still. His ability to alter his own perception of time is so great, that if he wishes, the tick between a second can pass as hours. He can even push this ability to the point, that to him, it is as if the Universe is standing still. It does not truly stand still, it is Wally's own perception of time that seems to stand still and his body automatically adjusts to his perception, hence, the slower he views the world, the faster his body moves through time & space to adjust to his perception.
- Infinite Mass Punch - Traveling near the speed of light acquired the relativistic mass of such speed to impart blows which could hit with a force greater than that of "a white dwarf star", Flash Lightning's own durability regulated by the Speed Force in such cases. Relativistic effects take over as a body approaches light-speed (his control over his powers and the Speed Force is so great, that he can choose to ignore these relativistic effects if he wishes to). Visual input will begin to blue shift and his body's mass will increase towards infinity. With this ability, he was able to knock out a Meta-Human as durable as Superion from Mount Rushmore to the plains of Africa, all with one devastating punch.
- Intangibility & Invisibility - Flash Lightning can vibrate his molecules to achieve an intangible state and pass through objects. If he chooses, Wally can excite the molecules of whatever substance he vibrates through to critical mass causing it to explode. While in an intangible state, Wally is immune to any airborne viruses and can breathe regularly. He can also vibrate so fast that light does not reflect off of him, rendering him invisible.
- Regeneration - As a speedster, Wally can heal from almost any injury within hours. Minor injuries take only a few minutes to heal, but more extreme injuries often take hours.
- Sharing the Speed Force - Flash Lightning can bestow velocity to objects or people already in motion. Since his interaction with the Speed Force, he can also lend his speed and angular momentum to another object or person. This allows others to run alongside him as if they had super-speed.
- Speed Force Absorption - By interlocking energy currents, Wally can drain away the Speed Force, or Negative Speed Force, from other energy sources such as a Speed Force storm.
- Speed Force Aura & Durability - Flash Lightning's body is surrounded by what he calls his "Speed Force Aura". This aura protects him and anyone who is running with him or carried by him, from the effects of using his speed. This includes friction and airborne particulate matter. With this aura, Wally is able to absorb kinetic energy. Due to his body being surrounded by his protective "Speed Force Aura", Flash's durability is heightened to immense levels. It protects him from injury from high speed impacts such as punches he delivers and receives from his opponents.
- Speed Force Empathy -Wally can sense when another Speed Force conduit is troubled and can be drawn to the location of that speedster.
- Speed Force Energy Manipulation -Flash Lightning has discovered if he concentrated, the Speed Force could be used to create solid constructs which he used to compose his costume. The first time he used this ability was to create armor made of pure speed force energy enabling him to run despite having broken legs. Later examples included sealing up the openings of his costume against disease, creating pockets for holding things, etc. Wally's costume itself is a construct molded from the Speed Force. At times he will create walls of pressurized debris to surround an area.
- Steal Speed - So far, Flash Lightning is only able to "steal" the speed from bullets and other fast moving objects thrown at him or at others. Stealing speed from living beings is not possible unless he touches them and focuses all his attention to that task. This is not usually a good idea during a combat situation, so he doesn't even try.
- Super-Human Agility - Flash Lightning's agility, balance and bodily coordination are heightened to levels greater than any human being. He is able to easily maneuver on falling debris and objects while moving at super-speed.
- Super-Human Stamina - Flash Lightning possesses vast super-human endurance that is nearly inexhaustible. On one occasion, he was able to run non-stop for over 12 hours straight without tiring.
- Super-Human Reflexes - Flash Lightning's reaction time is enhanced to levels far greater than any normal human being. He is able to easily perceive the movements of other speedsters and react to danger and events as if the whole world were moving in super slow motion.
- Super-Human Strength - The Speed Force enhances Flash Lightning's physical strength to levels superior than the average human being. He is strong enough to lift at least 800 lbs with no sign of physical strain, even while running with it. He has also been seen single-handedly reconstructing several ruined buildings and moving heavy beams and girders into place.
- Time Travel - Flash Lightning has shown to be able to traverse time with his speed. He can traverse along the time-stream to specific points as they become visible, much like watching a movie in fast forward or reverse. In order to time travel to different periods, he must accelerate to light speed and skirt the very edge of the Speed Force.
SKILLS & OTHER ABILITIES
Wally went to college and earned his degree in chemistry, forensics and criminology. He's also been trained in the use of police issue side arms. And he's also a great hand-to-hand combatant skilled in throwing punches, perform unbreakable holds, throws, etc.
Flash Lightning Costume: Wally's costume has been chemically treated to shrink when not in use so he can keep it in his Flash Ring. When worn, the costume is made from a heat absorbing and frictionless material to enable Flash Lightning to use his super-speed without worrying about his clothes catching on fire or inflicting harm on himself when he uses his powers. The suit is made of a reinforced tri-polymer, making it resistant to several thousand degrees of intense heat, whether it be around Wally or it be the friction generated from his body while running; as well as resistant to grazing bullets, knives, abrasions, or scars. The suit is also designed using vulcanized Teflon which neutralizes any electron imbalances and prevents the friction of Wally's movements from generating a lethal dose of static charge The suit comes with a number of capabilities to aid in Flash Lightning's crime fighting career:
- Life Support Systems: This monitors Wally's vital signs and if his heart stops, the lightning bolt emblem will automatically try to resuscitate him by giving him a jolt of electricity in an attempt to restart his heart.
- Multi-Link Comm Set:This is installed in the ear pieces that are tuned into police radio bands and allows communication with any allies who have access to his frequency. Flash Lightning can also make phone calls and receive them if he so desires.
- Pulse Cannon: The pulse cannon is a non-lethal alternative to Wally's lightning bolts and is capable of knocking back and incapacitating targets a couple of meters away. Located on the palms of Flash Lightning's gloves, they can effortlessly appear and disappear when needed. Later, Wally added a lethal setting to the Pulse Cannon.
- Self-Repair: If the suit were to become damaged, it will automatically repair itself using nanotechnology that is threaded through it.
- Tachyon Unit: The tachyon unit fits inside the lightning bolt emblem to conceal the device. Because of this, while wearing the suit, it will allow Wally's vitals to remain at peak performances, including keeping his calorie burning rate at a normal level and thereby he is able to continue moving at top speeds for a much longer duration, unhindered from effects such as dizziness and fatigue.
- Thermal Threading: When Flash Lightning is attacked by intense cold or freezing temperatures, the suit generates a large amount of heat in order to keep him alive.
Flash Ring: Wally carries a gold ring with a spring-loaded opening and a lightning symbol over layed on top. Wally uses this ring to compress and conceal his costume while operating in his civilian identity. By thumbing a small stud on the side, the top of the ring opens, releasing the costume, which is chemically treated to shrink, allowing Wally the ability to change clothes at super-speed.
Speed Force Suit: In dire emergencies, Flash Lightning is able to create a suit made entirely of Speed Force energy. This suit enables Wally to draw additional energy from the Speed Force itself and allows him to run much faster than he ordinarily can. Unfortunately, due to the toll on his body as well as the environment, Wally does not often use his speed force suit unless it's an extreme emergency.
Wallace Ivan Walker never knew he had a twin sister and he wouldn't discover her existence until he became an adult. Unlike his sister, Wally was not experimented on when he gained his powers. But he was struck by lighting on the same night that his sister Lucy gained her powers. Some say it was fate, others say it was magic. Whatever the case, Wally found he could move at super-speed.
It was not long before Wally adopted the identity of Flash Lightning and began his career as a Super-Hero. Much like his sister, Wally preferred working alone but did work with teams of heroes during world saving emergencies.
Wally would eventually enter college to become a Forensics Scientist. Although he got hired by the Los Angeles Police Department, he got fired six months later after he kept arriving late for work due to his life as a Super-Hero. Ever since then, Wally has not been able to keep down a job. And so he travels across the world doing any job he can get his hands on. Unfortunately, he is never able to hold onto it for very long before he is fired again and he moves on.
Soon, Wally will face the greatest challenge of his life and it will either break him or make him stronger.