First the icebreaker then the job

Blue_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blue_Ghost

@the_crown (OOC: This is a closed RP between myself and The Crown).

Rome, Italy

No Caption Provided

As the Blue Ghost, she is wanted in several countries and is being hunted. But as her persona of Morrigan Darkholme, she's not a wanted criminal. She's a Mercenary, spy and everything else someone needs her to be. Legally licenced and isn't a lawbreaker. Of course, as Morrigan she keeps her ability to shape-shift a closely guarded secret with only a few people knowing of this power. This allows Ms. Darkholme to freely go where she needs to without being hunted down.

Morrigan sits down in a cafe in the city of Rome. She's in her main human form. Raven black hair barely touches her shoulders and blue eyes tell of a life time of pain and sorrow. Red lipstick adorns her lips, or what looks like it, to make her them more vibrant and eye catching. But the skin is pale as if Morrigan hasn't seen the sun a lot. Black clothes complete her appearance or what looks like clothes.

Morrigan's name is well known through Mercenary circles as a capable woman who gets the job done and is able to make some hard calls. Rumors swirling around her say that she might have powers, but what those might be can only be speculated. Others say she uses advanced technology to achieve some of the things she can do, such as pass through walls. Morrigan pays no attention to these rumors other than to feed them something more to speculate upon.

Morrigan is here in a cafe sipping on some coffee. It's caffeine only affecting her if she allows it. It's a cold morning, she needs something warm to drink. Coffee is the best to do that with. Calories and all that other junk is no concern so she takes as much as she wants. Alone she sits, thinking about things that she knows aren't healthy for her. A past that is haunting her at every step. The horrors of a nuclear bomb going off, robbing her of her adopted daughter to all the kills she got as a former assassin. All of it was the Blue Ghost though and not as Morrigan thankfully.

Morrigan has purposefully chosen a seat in the cafe that allows her to watch every exit either directly or from the corner of her eye. She's paranoid and someone like her needs to be. One can never be too careful. It's a habit and she has no intention of trying to break it. It's even kept her alive more than once. So if anyone new comes into the cafe, Morrigan will see them. She will assess the threat they represent to both herself and anyone in here. Most aren't a threat at all, just ordinary people going about their business.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iullius, once a king. Now he was just the leader of the Order of Iullius. A legal mercenary group. Returned to the world above by a long down descendent, along with Valeria of the Shadows, his love. The organization was still small, however they had the advantage of having an un-killable demi-god as their leader, his given story and Valeria's were known, though exactly the details of how they were returned was not given to the public just that it was a traumatic experience and they didn't want to talk about it. He was a demi-god from long ago, had superhuman strength and durability, and she was some kind of mysterious shadow nymph, they wanted to help and their actions from long ago weren't liked by the gods so they were imprisoned, that was all people really needed to know for now. The two old ones walked hand in hand on the streets of Rome, they weren't too concerned about getting attacked, especially in a place like this. It would take a lot more then most assassins or orginizations could possibly muster to pose a serious threat to them.

While the demi-god had chosen to adopt modern clothing for most casual meetings, though he instinctively went with his older clothing and armor for battle, Valeria did what she always had done, used the shadows to form her clothes. While she would most of the time appear immensely pale, and tired sightless eyes, she chose to put effort into her transformation to appear at least a bit more healthy. Though one might notice a strange lack of color to her and her clothing, seemingly comprised mostly of blacks, whites, greys, and only with spots of color like that within her eyes. She still could barely see, her time in that cage of light had its price. For a human it would have of course been far worse, but for her, it was about as bad as it could be. Had her body been destroyed, she could simply return from shadows, but no. She was entrapped within unceasing light. Iullius was little different from what he was before his capture, his suffering was shorter. Of course, in some sense, he experienced drowning. But that doesn't hurt. Rather, he experienced his body growing weaker as he lost his energy. As his body couldn't maintain life any longer until it gave up and he faded. They each had faced their weaknesses in those moments.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They'd managed to get some sense of citizenship, though, it was a bit uncertainly held. They had to go through something like a citizenship program but there was still some legal uncertainty on it all.

The two fo them entered a cafe, still hand in hand. Valeria's eyes moved and blinked slowly, just using it to keep awareness of the environment. It was so good that the light was not so bright, and hopefully never would be again.

They sat down and both ordered coffee and some food, Iullius's requests being abnormally large. Not that a 6'6" built for battle might be expected to order small. The demi-god glanced around leaning against the back of his chair in thought, someone was watching the exits. He chuckled, [in latin: "Someone's a little worried, not that I blame them. People die all the time. Best to keep on your guard I suppose."]

[In latin: "Maybe it's just habit? Not everyone's afraid. Could also be their job."] She responded taking a sip from the coffee as it was brought in and breathing with a smile, [Latin: "Ah, that is well done."]

"Gratias" Iullius said instinctively before correcting himself, italian was probably preferred over latin. "Grazie."

He shrugged, habits, besides latin and italian weren't ridiculously different. And sighed again, [In latin: "Those cultists will be trouble you know. No doubt they're already responsible for some of our issues. Those followers of Sol."]he spat out the name in disgusts. He couldn't blame the gods for his imprisonment, but for the imprisonment he held great hatred and disgust. Valeria's eye twitched, [In latin: "2000 years. It felt like so many more."]

@blue_ghost

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Astra_

@the_crown:

No Caption Provided

Truth be told, Morrigan had been hired by Astra to act as a sort of a body guard. The Anor Londorian may look human but she is an alien from another planet who is vacationing here. She's heard rumors of a new Mercenary group lead by some kind of demi-god. A man who might have the answers she seeks, but to be cautious she hired a Mercenary of her own. Morrigan Darkholme. She'd be known in Mercenary circles as one who is effective at her job.

So as Astra sits in her own corner of the cafe, sipping her own drink, Morrigan continues to watch Iullius and Valeria. Both of whom know they are being watched. The shape-shifter silently curses in her mind for being sloppy enough to let that be noticed. But ultimately, she still achieves her purpose for both Iullius and Valeria freely talk about a cult and a time period of 2,000 years which gives a clue as to how old they are.

Morrigan gives Astra a hand signal no one will recognize but them as just a harmless gesture. These are the right people Astra wants to talk to. But before that can happen, Morrigan has another task. Break the ice so to speak, ease Iullius and Valeria into wanting to meet Astra herself.

So Morrigan stands up with her coffee in hand and approaches Iullius's table. He's a rather handsome man and she likes how he is dressed. Valeria looks like she's going for the goth look but she wears it well. As Morrigan, she loves black so she appreciates Valeria's appearance especially. "Excuse me, I couldn't help but overhear you." Morrigan says in perfect Latin, not sure if either of them speak English, "I'm Morrigan Darkholme. May I join you?"

Provided Iullius and Valeria allow Morrigan to join them, she has seat and thanks them for that. She is not sure if they will recognize her name as that of a Mercenary like themselves but it's possible. "It's a pleasure to meet you both." She says should either one take the time to introduce themselves. "I'm not very good at this whole interaction thing so I'll just get straight to the point. See that woman over there?" She thumbs in Astra's direction who happens to be watching them. A rather beautiful young woman wearing a black and white business suit, but she has the look of a warrior about her. She's definitely more than she seems.

Morrigan continues, "Her name is Astra and she hired me to find you two. Perhaps you have heard of someone called 'The Eagle Bearer'?" Morrigan herself has never heard of the legend of the Eagle Bearer prior to meeting Astra. But after being hired by the woman, she found in some ancient Greek texts that a woman going by the name Astra and the title of Eagle Bearer did, indeed, exist during the Peloponnesian war. Astra took a part in the war close to it's end and forged a legend as she fought all across the Greek world against ancient beasts and monsters once thought to be nothing more than a myth. Then all of a sudden, the legends come to an abrupt end with no one knowing for sure what exactly happened to Astra. Some say she retired peacefully, others say she died in battle and many more theories abound but no one knows for certain. She just seems to have vanished from the pages of history with no explainable reason. But now here Astra is once again, appearing as mysteriously as she vanished.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astra_:

The two of them continued on in their discussion until they were approached by the woman, they looked between each other in some surprise, mostly impressed, as she spoke in latin. He looked at Valeria and shrugged, though clearly for it, at the question and she smiled and nodded to the woman. "Yes, please do so," Iullius said with a nod of his own. She was quick to explain her presence, pointing to a woman, looked like a warrior. Valeria had to narrow her eyes though, she couldn't make out much still. She was always so tired still, like she could just sit in the shadows for another hundred years.

Iullius looked back at Morrigan as she went on, name of Astra and hired to find them. Iullius breathed in and slapped the table, though it was very gentle for him it was almost a bit too loud, he recognized that name very very clearly. "You remember that don't you? Oh my goodness that was a tale." he said leaning back as the realization more completely struck him and he sat up and Valeria just smiled and waited for him.

He leaned over to glance at Astra and then leaned back to look at Morrigan, still clearly joyous to find that a person from so long ago, someone who even he had heard tales of as he grew up among the humans, was actually here. He might be a demi-god, but Iullius found worth in many things. Astra was, even to Iullius and Valeria, a legend they did not get to see. "Well does she plan to join us, or should we join her? I am most very interested to hear about this, assuming of course this is indeed her. Though, I don't really see reason it wouldn't be. Regardless if that's an option I'd love to meet her. And thank you of course for telling us, paid or not."

Valeria was calm, but clearly pleased. Iullius was pleased and very much ecstatic but somehow managed to not completely upset the table or the room in doing so. He wasn't a brute, he had manners, he was just excited about the possibility.

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown:

When Iullius slaps the table, Morrigan raises an eyebrow, but her eyes look amused. Several others inside the cafe turn their heads to take a look in their direction but otherwise nothing else happens. Then when the two strangers make it known they have heard of Astra, Morrigan is satisfied since she was hoping for that revelation.

With a nod of her head, Morrigan responds to his appreciation of letting them both know who Astra is. Then with a hand signal to the warrior herself, the woman gets up and approaches their table. Morrigan slides over to allow Astra to sit and she does.

That that Astra is up close, she has a few small scars on her face. There is a barely visible one on her chin, then on her upper lip, right side. Then there is a thin scar on the bridge of her nose. This woman has been in some fights, but otherwise she's beautiful. But then looks are in the eye of the beholder as some say.

Astra looks at both Iullius and Valeria, noting their own appearance much like Morrigan did earlier before she begins speaking in Latin, much like Morrigan. But unlike Morrigan, Astra is making use of technology to be understood since she doesn't naturally know Latin. It's her universal translator at work. However, even with this she possesses a distinctive Greek accent, "Chaire. It is nice to meet you both, I am Astra."

Astra wants to say she's a Misthios by trade, but that was when she was in the ancient Greek world. In modern times, Mercenaries are more limited with what they can do. She considers telling them she is a tour guide for Greek history in New York, but that job description doesn't exactly convey the proper message. Instead, Astra settles to not mention what her occupation is at all. Morrigan has already introduced her adequately enough. That in itself should be good enough.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astra_: Morrigan gestured over to the woman, who made her way over. scars. Small, but they were there. They didn't seem to impede much with her looks though. Iullius and Valeria might be absent of such marks, but that was due to their unique bodies. Valeria who forced herself into being, and Iullius who could take no physical damage.

She greeted them. Valeria looked at him, "Well she certainly sounds greek doesn't she." she said and Iullius grunted agreement. "Chaire. It is a pleasure to meet you as well, truly. I suppose you already knew us somehow, but regardless I am Iullius, and this is Valeria of the Shadows."

His smile didn't recede as he moved on, rather quickly, to speaking again,

"Are you really The Eagle Bearer? You know that was always the sort of thing I loved to learn about, things like that, accomplishments and success of warriors. They just were exactly what I loved growing up, well, I suppose they are still."

Perhaps he was not a child anymore dreaming of being a warrior. He was one. Iullius had not had to fear death but once and as a result he did take his own life rather lightly. He didn't have to restrict himself from quests to slay monsters or truly evil dictators. And hearing about others who did those same types of quests only furthered his ambition to proceed. Perhaps he'd ended up taking a route of politics as well, attempting to be a kind, but it made his warrior heart no less strong.

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown:

No Caption Provided

Astra only knows of them thanks to Morrigan passing the word before hand and being a Mercenary herself. She still has stated the reasons for needing to find these two but she's getting to that. First, pleasantries need to be exchanged first. Such simple things are common in a lot of cultures even on other worlds.

Astra nods once in answer to his question if she really is the Eagle Bearer from Greek legend, "I am, though that was many years ago and Orion, my pet Eagle, is long dead." She looks sad at the mention of that. She had raised him since he was an eaglet, which is a baby eagle. They also happen to be the cutest little things in the world. Astra has a new eagle now, also named Orion, but he's outside right now. Watching.

Astra snaps out of her painful memories, not wishing to dwell on them. She offers a bit of a smile, though not quite as wide as the one Iullius is wearing, "Thank you, I appreciate the thought. I am glad my stories have brought joy to your life. I find the Greek culture fascinating as well as the Roman culture since both are closely linked." She now speaks of Iullius's own culture, subtly bringing the focus to him rather than her.

Astra reaches into her suit pocket on the inside of her black suit and then takes out a piece of paper. On it is a symbol that Iullius and Valeria may or may not recognize. It's a symbol of a cult, "Do either of you recognize this symbol?"

(OOC: Completely up to you if your characters recognize the symbol. I left it open for that just for that purpose. ^_^)

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Crown

@astra_:

Affirmation, she was saying she was indeed the Eagle Bearer. Though it did seem to cause some dwelling on the thought of the eagle and it's death. He frowned but remained quiet, not wanting to interrupt her. She seemed to come out of it on her own. Coming back to mention finding the comparison of Greek and Roman cultures to be 'fascinating', which was a shared sense. They were quite similar in many ways.

She reached into her suit and pulled out a paper with a symbol. Iullius crossed his arms looking at it in thought. Eventually shaking his head, "I don't think I have, I mean I've seen a lot of symbols but if I have seen this one I can't say I remember what it's from."

Valeria did quite the opposite of trying to bring light to it. She got very close to it and cupped her hands to keep the light out of the way. Vision was difficult enough. She was practically relying on the shadows to see almost, and even then, she was weaker then before, she breathed in and leaned back again. "It does look familiar too me, Iullius was always a bit more out there then I was. Though I can't be certain. I can't exactly see perfectly anymore."

He let out a grunt, "I hope they burn for an eternity." His statement was cold, and filled with hatred. He was referring to those who imprisoned Valeria. She wasn't a warrior, and so her imprisonment to him was completely unjust aside from the existing emotional attachment to her. And of course, unlike him, her imprisonment was not something that she eventually went unconscious for. She'd been alive by all means during that time, forever blinded, cut off from the shadows until they finally managed to release her. They were followers of Sol, and he wouldn't forget them. "What is it exactly then?"

(OOC: Thanks! Decided just to have Valeria think she recognizes it, but figured Iullius may not have.

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown:

To Astra's disappointment, Iullius doesn't know or recognize the symbol. But Valeria seems to, which is good news. Unfortunately, the woman's poor eye sight means she can't see the symbol clearly enough to see the symbol on the page as clearly as most can. Still, it's more than the Eagle Bearer had moments ago.

"I found this," Astra begins, "on an assassin who tried to kill me about a week ago. I tried interrogating him but he poisoned himself and died before I could get any answers." She says, describing what the assassin looked like. Dark robes, a mask and an ornate dagger.

Morrigan is the one who shows the dagger, letting Iullius and Valeria have a look at it in the hopes they will recognize it. Regardless, Astra continues, "I have never in my life been targeted by a cult. So...why now? I do not understand and I need answers."

Not even in ancient Greece did Astra meet a cult. She fought every mythical beast and monster one can imagine, but no cult. So why now? Astra hasn't even been on Earth all that long since starting her vacation and now she's being targeted for assassination? It doesn't make sense...unless...

Unless this cult knows about Astra's lineage on Earth. A line of descendants that began in Ancient Greece and has continued to this very day. Perhaps this cult does not know who these descendants are so they targeted Astra instead. The Eagle Bearer can only speculate but it's the only thing that makes right now. "Will you two help me? I can pay." She produces a sack of coins. If either Iullius or Valeria takes a look at them, then the coins are pure gold. They are Drachma. This woman really does a little out of her time since most use either cash or a credit card. Morrigan can only smirk at the coins.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astra_: Iullius leaned back keeping his arms crossed in thought considering what she said, but as she spoke and Valeria tried to see, and think, about what she was saying. Including the mask and dagger, which she showed them, her face seemed to slowly grow a sense of awareness. A cult, with a symbol. She was targeted now, which wasn't really all that long after Iullius and Valeria's escape from their prisons.

Valeria seemed to be more aware of the situation, and that made Iullius more aware as a result. She offered that she could pay them if they helped, and produced a sack of coins. Valeria had little reason to try and look at them, so Iullius did, pure gold. Drachma. This was not something you could get easily nowadays. He smiled at them but took a serious look again as he looked back at Valeria.

"It is possible." She began, "That these are followers of Sol. They and him...were the ones who imprisoned me so long ago. They're essentially radicals, but they're good at it for a secret cult. And somehow, they've stuck around even to today when a descendent of ours helped us to return."

Iullius could be seen to be quietly furious, so when he spoke, while his voice was quiet, it was cold, "They've been around long enough, and passed knowledge between each other enough, it'd explain why they might think someone like you a threat. Ironic, followers of Sol, a god of the sun, working in the dark so much. Not literally at least not with Valeria not trapped anymore. Never leave any lights off when something important is going on. I can't say for sure why they're after you, but it may be possible it's because our release prompted some kind of hidden uprising against people like us and maybe they think you're one of them? That's merely a possibility though, I'm not a spy and never have been. It's not where I thrive."

Valeria leaned forwards placing her arms on the table and looked at Astra, even if her eyes couldn't see her completely properly, "They may not be physically powerful, especially as I've heard nothing of Sol being around. But they are creative when it comes to containing individuals who can't be killed by the usual means. If we expect to stop them, we can't let them capture anybody. Because without outside help I don't know if we have ways to escape, if they're prepared."

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown:

No Caption Provided

The possibilities that this cult could wrongly think Astra is some kind of Demi-God or something is entirely feasible. She is the legendary Eagle Bearer and perhaps the cult knows this. In the myths and legends Astra has displayed remarkable feats of strength much like Hercules, although her exact origins are unknown as no one can pinpoint exactly where Astra was born or to whom. That doesn't stop people from proposing many theories on who the Eagle Bearer's possible parents, however.

Then Astra considers that her culture is from another planet but all of them have styled themselves after the Spartans of Ancient Greece. Astra's own armor is also styled after a Spartan Warrior from those times. Part of the armor is magical in nature, but also of highly advanced technology even if it doesn't look it.

Astra is starting to get a theory now as to why she has been targeted based on what Iullius and Valeria have said. If all of this is true, then there's been a major misunderstanding. Not that the radical cult will give a care because they won't. "I know Morrigan here will help us, her capabilities will be useful." She says, then turns to Morrigan since the coast is clear and no one is looking their way. "Show them."

Morrigan uses her meta-tech to cause the cafe cameras to fizzle out before she transforms herself into an exact physical copy of Valeria herself. She's a shape-shifter! Then Morrigan seamlessly changes back into her human form and the cameras conveniently stop acting up. Morrigan smirks, sipping her coffee. Then Astra looks at Iullius and Valeria, "I also know of another Mercenary who can help us. She calls herself, Thunderfist. Will that be enough help?"

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astra_:

Misunderstood or not, the followers of Sol that Valeria had met were hardly the most logical individuals. Clever and resourceful? Yes. But far from logical. Astra mentioned Morrigan would assist, and then to show her something. Iullius and Valeria looked at her waiting to see what she would do. He body morphed exactly in the nymph before them. Iullius raised his eyebrows and proceeded to smile, Valeria grinned because while she couldn't see it perfectly, it was quite obvious what she'd done. "Useful capabilities indeed." Iullius agreed.

For more then just that it allowed her to look like Valeria, because Valeria herself was capable of transformations. The one she was in right now was arguably one, since her normal form which took less to maintain was a little more...well blatantly unusual. This would let her appear to most to actually be whoever she was trying to. That, and who knows how many she could hide behind if she could switch over so easily.

She returned soon enough before anyone could really tell what was going on. Astra mentioned another, called Thunderfist. Sounded combative. That was important. He looked at Valeria, "She'd fix the problem of that you can't help as much anymore. Could potentially figure out the targets, then us, Volokov, and possibly Beverly could eliminate them once we know who they are."

"Yes, I believe that should be enough." Valeria agreed to Astra, "At least, to get them away from how aggressive they can be right now. I don't know if we can eliminate them completely, just due to individuals escaping. But, as an organization, this very well be all we need."

Iullius grunted and breathed out nodding towards the women, "Splendid, they may be against the two of us but they'll be after Valeria first, and apparently you. Without the proper equipment, they don't really stand much of a chance of actually containing me for any period of time. Way I see it, they'll try what they did 2000 years ago. Separate us, trap anyone that can aid me, and then trap me. So Valeria, or yourself, or whoever they think are those, could potentially act as a type of bait. And/or we try to infiltrate their organization and find as many of the factions as we can first, then act. That's just my opinion, a possibility. I'm not used to anti-assassination or the like."

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown:

No Caption Provided

Morrigan inclines her head towards Iullius when he smiles, calling her power useful. But that is not the only thing she is capable of. She's also able to pick something be it technology or a simple coin and give it a 'super power'. All within reason of course. Can't use a coin to become a black hole or anything, not enough energy.

Then as some plans of actions are suggested, Astra thinks it over for a moment or two as she sips her drink but notices it's all gone now. But that's fine. But now it's time to reveal something else as she decides on a plan, hoping Iullius and Valeria will agree to it, "I think infiltration first should be our primary goal. Morrigan here is not only able to change form herself but she can change the forms of others as well through touch."

Astra gives them both a playful smile, "Don't worry, she'll change you back once the disguise isn't needed should you both agree to it." She says, pointing out that such a change will only be temporary.

Astra continues if there is no interruptions, "Then once I learn what I need to and why they decided to target me, then we set up bait for them and take care of them. But since I'm hiring you, it's your decision on what we do. This plan of action is only a suggestion. What do you think?" She asks, brown eyes going from Valeria to Iullius.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astra_:

Iullius and Valeria listened together. Infiltration, Valeria nodded in agreement. She did believe that to be the better course of action. If you did that first, and it failed, you could fall back on alternative plans. But once you'd used a different one you lost that option. Iullius simply kept listening. She explained she could change the form of others, that was a familiar power. Valeria technically could do so herself, though it did require more time then it once did. Before, it took mere seconds to change a person into an animal. Now though, any change, took a bit longer. And more energy. As well as for herself, aside from her defaulted form, she had to force herself to maintain an appearance. Just as she was doing now.

Astra mentioned she'd turn them back once they were no longer needed. Though, Iullius was beginning to come up with potential...problems. Not in the plan itself, but in the physiology of the two she was speaking to. Had he been any other demi-god, maybe it wouldn't have been a problem. He didn't know right now, however, if it could be.

Still he listened. She explained once she had what she needed to know, then they could set up bait and be rid of them. But that it was their choice on what to do since they were getting paid because they attacked her. That was convenient. Iullius leaned back yet again as she asked them what they thought, biting his lip before answering, "Well, the plan itself seems good but. There may be...well a problem. Two, actually. If I could be transformed easily, well, the gods wouldn't have found it necessary to trap me. After-all most know the story of Arachne today. Not even gods have been able to transform me into anything less then what I am, my body simply...refuses, just as it refuses to take damage. So I don't know exactly what would happen, maybe it would work, maybe not." He was then gesturing to Valeria but she held up a hand to explain.

No Caption Provided

Her own body morphed, and her clothes with it, she appeared most considerably more normal. More natural and, well, human. Less like a drawing. "I'm a shadow nymph. In my case, I am a physical transformation. I just...can struggle to maintain looking not like I'm made of paper and ink after I was released. My entire biology is based upon my decision to create a physical form. It should still work on me however, in theory, and it'd be quite nice not to have to force it to occur myself."

Iullius smiled, "We don't doubt you're abilities, I'm just saying we don't know for certain if they work or not for us. Best to test them out somewhere, and then decide for sure if that's a course of action we'll be taking. Otherwise, I believe the plan can work out quite well. I just have to figure out how to act...a bit less like a demi-god warrior." he added the last part with a little bit of a chuckle. He'd done fairly well so far, but that's cause he was diplomatic. If someone was around him long enough, they'd likely notice.

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Astra_

@the_crown:

Both Astra and Morrigan listen with rapt attention as Iullius and Valeria explain potential problems with a possible attempted change of their physical bodies for the purposes of a disguise. All of it makes sense to them, especially Morrigan since she's a shape-shifter like Valeria. The two could likely talk for hours about their common abilities as well as the advantages and drawbacks such power brings them. But now is not the time such idle chatter, perhaps later the two shape-shifters can talk more on the subject.

Astra thinks the plan can still work regardless of being able to change their forms or not. If Iullius himself cannot be changed because of his nature as a Demi-God, there is always a traditional disguise. The problem with this, however, is something Iullius himself pointed out and that is to act like like a Demi-God and more like his assumed disguise, whatever that happens to be.

Morrigan already has ideas on how to deal with both problems. She may be an official actress like one sees on TV, but she's been alive for well over a hundred years. That's nothing to everyone sitting at the table but as someone who has the power to change into other people, Morrigan has needed to act the part that she plays in order to fool others. She's an actor and she is able to display the full range of emotions on command and more easily than most actors in Hollywood. She knows she can give Iullius some useful tips that could useful to him. Tips that would, of course, play to his strengths and would be easy for him to pull off. At least, in Morrigan's opinion. So the shape-shifter speaks to Iullius, "If I can't change you then we can use a traditional disguise. Since you carry yourself like a warrior, the disguise itself can be geared towards being a warrior, that way it'll work with your strengths and it's something your comfortable with. Perhaps you could be disguised as Astra's body guard. As for acting less like a Demi-God, I can give you some tips if you'd like? I have experience in these matters."

Astra has never met a shadow nymph. Valeria is the first one. Demi-Gods, though, are another matter. The Eagle Bearer has met many of them through her long life. Nevertheless, both of these people are fascinating individuals. Especially Iullius's ability that he cannot be harmed. Does he still feel things?

Once time is given for either to answer Morrigan's question, Astra speaks up, "Where would a good place be where we can test Morrigan's ability on you two?"

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astra_: Iullius stroked his chin nodding in thought as she mentioned a simple disguise. Potentially that could work. He hoped 6'6" wasn't an unusual height for the cult, he hadn't exactly seen it's members anytime recently. Still, as long as the disguise was good enough maybe they wouldn't realize a single attribute. And Astra mentioned she might be able to help with the dealing of his warrior nature. "Yes, that may work. And thank you." he answered about the matter of being a bodyguard and if she could give him tips on it.

Doubtless there were plenty of stories Valeria and Morrigan could share on the matter of shapeshifting and appearances. And the woman certainly had a few interesting ones. Her kind were a bit more unusual then traditional nymphs. When she asked where they could test it, it was Valeria to answer, "We have a descendent who can help with that. It seems what we left to children managed to keep them in good standing financially, and so she has a fairly quiet estate where we can do this without being noticed. It's not too far but it's a bit away from the city." She explained.

Iullius chuckled, "Heh, yeah. She woke me up with a car battery if you believe it. Never-mind, story for a different time." he waved a hand away with it, "Whenever we're ready, I believe this is a matter of at least some urgency. That, and I'm admittedly a little impatient when there's something I can be doing, and I'm not."

Valeria looked at them and shrugged with a smile, "He's not patient when there's work to be done, but he's productive, so I can tolerate it. Besides, I am quite on the other end and he tolerates me."

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown: (I'll be replying to you tomorrow. Sorry for the delay).

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown:

Morrigan utters a quick, "Your welcome." for the tips offered and thanked for. She is inwardly glad she can offer her skills as an actor to help someone. It's a nice change of pace since most of the time she is dodging bullets and blades. She dodges a lot of death and has to survive in a world that is constantly hunting her. Believe it not, she took a tremendous risk revealing the fact that she is shape-shifter to the two champions of old. As the Blue Ghost, Morrigan is a wanted woman. If it weren't for her ability to take other forms then she surely would have been captured by now.

Astra's question is answered when Valeria speaks up. The warrior is glad she left it up to them to decide. That way, it's a location familiar to them and a place to feel safe with no chance either of them, who are practically strangers, could turn on them as enemies. Not that Astra and Morrigan would set a trap for the Nymph and Demi-God, but one can never be too sure in a world as unforgiving as the one they live in. People stab each other in the back all the time. Friends and foes alike. It's a way of life for some, a life altering experience for others.

Astra offers a grin as Iullius explains he's a bit impatient with Valeria offering a good natured comeback where she says they tolerate each other's shortcomings. Astra glances over at Iullius, "As a warrior myself, I understand the need for action. I am the same way." And another thing they each have in common.

Morrigan, however, was an assassin and she has been trained to be impeccably patient. She's had to be in order to hunt down a potential kill and achieve her aim. To lay there in wait like a huntress before finally pouncing upon her prey. Now-a-days, though, Morrigan cannot kill and has turned into a Mercenary and spy. The latter requiring patience born from years of hiding in plain sight.

With the location agreed upon, Astra says as Morrigan fishes out some dollar bills to pay for all their drinks, "Shall we? We'll follow you as you lead the way." And the Eagle Warrior assumes they will drive there...or fly if any of them can.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astra_: Iullius was not too concerned about Astra and Morrigan betraying them. Perhaps that was a part of his pride, but it was not of Valeria's. She was simply...too tired to consider too much. But, that didn't mean they were completely clumsy. Showing Astra and Morrigan where they were mostly hold up wasn't any more risk then it would be without it, as they could probably have gotten followed regardless. Or, Iullius could have. Valeria could just walk into a shadow and be done with it.

The demi-god raised a hand and a smile as Astra mentioned the need for action, "Then there's another likeness amongst us. How wonderful." he said happily. Morrigan pays for what was taken and Astra said to lead the way, Iullius stood up and so did Valeria, "Thus, we go." he agreed.

As he stepped out he commented to Valeria, quietly to the side "If you'd rather, you can go ahead of us. I know that having to walk in the sun may not be the most pleasing to you." she smiled and patted him on the shoulder, "I appreciate that. I'll see you there." with that the woman gave a slight wave to the others, and as they left she walked into the shadow of an alley, she vanished. Gone to the estate in advance, from shadow to shadow.

He shrugged to the other two women, "Now, just how much do you care about getting noticed. Because we can either find a hired car, or, we can run." he held open his hands after mentioning the second option. Something he was clearly in preference of, "Or jump. That works too, but I'd only do that after getting outside of Rome. Too much damage. How fast can the two of you go?" he asked curiously, "Regardless, choice is up to you."

Running and jumping excessive heights and speeds was of little difficulty to the demi-god. His unimpeded strength meant pretty much any feat obtained by force was something he could do with ease. And that included, moving. 70 mph run was a pretty tame day. And leaping, though he might do it a few times over miles of land, because he didn't want to get the direction wrong, wasn't exactly difficult either. Strength, Durability, and the spirit of a warrior. These were the traits of Iullius the Demi-God.

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown: (OOC: I'm sorry. I'll be getting to this next week, is that okay?)

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astra_: (I understand, that's fine)

CaptainNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown: (OOC: Astra here. Thanks! I appreciate your patience. ^_^)

Astra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown:

Astra is beginning to see the beginnings of a beautiful friendship developing between her, Iullius and Valeria. Perhaps Morrigan as well, though the Eagle Bearer cannot assume that about her friend because the shape-shifter tends to keep others at arms length for reasons that are both unknown and mysterious.

As Astra rises, along with raven haired Morrigan, they wave back at Valeria as she makes her exit. An interesting woman and the first nymph either one has ever met. The impression made so far has been a good one. Myth has become fact and both the Mercenary and the Eagle Bearer can now claim they have met an actual nymph. That is not even taking into account that Iullius himself is a Demi-God with the power of being invincible. He has shown himself to be open to ideas and with the heart of a lion.

At the question of the preferred traveling method that is implied, Astra knows that she cannot run any faster than Mach 10 and only for very short bursts before she has to take a breath. Morrigan is a lot slower, having to use her powers to change into a bird and they can't fly nearly as fast as either of her compatriots. However, she can turn a ring, a belt, a jacket even, into a device of technological wonder that can give her the ability to fly or teleport at incredible speeds, which help her to keep up just fine. So the woman nods to indicate she can keep up with the preferred traveling method.

Astra is glad and she then gives a smile at the ever so handsome Iullius, "I am like a Cheetah. I can go really fast but only in short bursts. But if we maintain a speed under Mach 1, I can run much longer if we do that."

Once outside, Astra waits for Iullius to start running before she follows him. Morrigan gives her ring the ability of flight since she cannot run like they can. She keeps up just fine as Astra let's her handsome Demi-God companion lead the way as they run through the streets of Rome.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astra_:

Iullius smiled as the two agreed, chuckling at the mention of being like a cheetah, but then stating if they stayed under mach 1 all was good, "That's a good bit better then a cheetah friend." and soon enough they were on their way.

Iullius's body was specific in its treatment of force, he could cause his body to move at incredibly speeds, but it didn't mean his mind could always keep up. So under mach 1, while in the city, was definitely the right choice. And he had to keep in mind the risk of crushing ground under foot of course.

At Beverly Veronica Jules estate. Valeria stepped through the shadows to greet their descendent who looked up from her work and smiled at the woman. "Welcome back, might I ask where Iullius is?" she inquired. She saw her descendency from those two as a sort of sign of kingship. Believing herself above humanity, even if she didn't exactly show that often. She was intelligent enough to know better then that.

"Yes, he's on his way with some interesting new friends, or allies, if you prefer. They'll get here soon enough I think so just be patient. Why don't you have Mr Volokov around though? Just to watch." She suggested. The assassin, a skilled one, had been under their employ for some time now due to his skill and having helped Valeria escape. Beverly nodded and would text the man to be prepared for visitors.

As the other three ran through the city and eventually out and off to the estate Iullius would match pace with Astra in order to speak, talkative as he could be, "You know, back then when they, well, trapped us. I actually thought I was going to come out on top." He said shaking his head but still smiling, "I suppose regardless of how strong I might have thought I was, fighting six gods is a bit much to expect. On the other hand. I haven't heard any word of those gods since then."

He looked at her, "Which is going to make it very hard for Sol and his disciples to actually win this once we get down to fighting."

No Caption Provided

As they arrived they would find Nikolai Volokov waiting on the doorstep to greet them, the man was not the prettiest individual. But he was a skilled assassin, and he'd taken on members of Sol's Following already. Which at least helped them somewhat he hoped. On the other hand, he also tended to stick out like a sore thumb. Or, a cracked dry thumb made of more old dead skin then living.

He held out his arms greeting the newcomers, unlike the others. He didn't speak Italian, latin, nor greek. He knew four languages and none of them were in that category. English, German, Russian, and Mandarin.

And so he spoke in English, taking a hopefully guess, "Hello to you. Beverly and Valeria are both inside, though I believe Miss Valeria may have gone to wait in her room, in the dark, until you got here."

Aside from his looks, Nikolai was actually a pretty "normal" guy. If you didn't take into account his set of powers and history. Ok, perhaps he was only normal in personality.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown: (OOC: I'll be using this login for now on until these 500 Errors are fixed. I'm afraid to log out so I'll stay on as this account for the time being. )

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: (OOC: Gotcha, hopefully it gets fixed soon. Site Sure does seem to have a lot of issues recently.)

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown: (OOC: Yeah, no kidding. >.<

Thanks for understanding! And glad to see your able to login. Enjoying the RP so far? )

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_crown:

It is indeed a fair bit better than a Cheetah. Astra smiles in return at that remark. But she wasn't referring to Cheetah's speed but more to the feline's lack of stamina over long distances. It takes a lot of energy to achieve 75 MPH and the same logic applies to Astra as she runs Mach 10. Unlike true speedsters who can run for long hours without tiring, the Eagle Bearer tires out quickly if she runs at her top speed for longer than five or more minutes. Fighting at such speeds, however, is a different matter and she can fight all day if she has to at such tremendous speeds.

Astra runs with Iullius, keeping up easily enough and not caring if they got surprised stares as they run passed civilians and cars in the busy streets of Rome. Despite the wind noise as they run, Astra hears the Demi-God speak to her with the handsome smile on his face, "Maybe you won after all, it just took a while." She says, pointing out that since he hasn't seen the gods since his entrapment that maybe he came out on top after all.

"Agreed. With all of us involved, Sol will have to fight like a caged animal just to survive." Which might happen. Survival. Even the worst of enemies find some way to survive. To live. To continue on living way passed their time.

The newborn companions arrive in good time and meet an assassin who looks like he was a former burn victim. Astra greets him by using the Greek version of hello, "Chaire, friend. Hello, it is nice to meet you." She says, adding a translation for the word chaire meaning hello so he knows what it means. Assassin or not, bad looks or good looks, the Eagle Bearer cares not. Nikolai is an ally of Iullius and any ally of his is a friend of hers.

Morrigan nods in respect to Nikolai but does not say anything. She is not as open with emotions as a lot of others tend to be so she happens to be a bit of introvert and lone wolf. It's nothing against anyone in particular, it is just how she is.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx:

He looked at her in thought as she suggested maybe he'd won in the end. Since, after all, they had not been seen since so long ago. And many humans had certainly now saw them as no more then legends. While he existed still. "An interesting conclusion." he commented. Though, he did not outright agree. Perhaps he had won a battle, but still, Iullius was left without a kingdom. And in a world where most of the land had already been taken, that would be ever so hard to gain now.

The Followers of Sol had to receive what they were deserving of. Before his kingdom, this had to be brought forth. Volokov nodded to the women as Astra gave greeting but Morrigan simply nodded. He could accept that. He was used to unusual people, he was employed by these people after all. From Nikolai's perspective, he was the most normal out of Iullius, Valeria, and Beverly.

"Thank you Nikolai," He said giving a swift nod as they begin to approach the mansion, turning around before introducing the assassin, "This is Nikolai Volokov, he's a good ally of ours that played a vital role in taking down the guards where Valeria was held." he said.

The assassins shrugged. He wasn't going to say why it was possible. It would make why he was valuable seem less so. And he knew better then that. Volokov was not a prideful man, but he knew that when you were not a part of any mercenary group, you had to make yourself sound worth keeping around.

No Caption Provided

As they entered the house they would be greeted by Valeria who eventually came down, alongside Beverly. Iullius might be prideful, quite so. But Beverly she was arrogant. Taking her genetics from these two as some sort of right to a throne, to godhood. She was just a lot better at hiding it.

"Welcome to my home, it's a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Beverly Jules. Now, I hear you're all after the Followers of Sol, or Disciples of Sol. Please, have a seat, " She explained gesturing to their living room. The house was fairly well furnished, but it was clear most of these things were from a long time ago. She was from "old money" in the very literal sense. She'd just managed it well.

Iullius sat down onto one of the chairs, a recline, pulling it back and smiling in amusement at the contraption, "Thus, now-" He sat up, "Wait, we were supposed to see if we could actually shift appearances correct?"