First Patrol

Kenzo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Kenzo_

Left. Right. Left. Right. Her fists flew through the air, ripping the oxygen apart as she struck the dummy.

Left. Left. Right. Right. Her punches left permanent dents into the hard plush.

Right. Left. Right. Right. Her eyes sharpened, focused on the target infront of her.

Today was the day for Keniko's first field assignment as a Shinobi. After aceing the Kumiho training programs and taking on a mentor, she was ready to be properly introduced into the field. It was the least she could do, after the Kumiho Clan rescued her from the Kawasaki when she was younger. The same clan who killed her brothers and parents.

Yet, beyond her obligation she felt to service, she enjoy being a Shinobi to the fullest. The thrill in every battle, the techniques she had learned throughout her training, even the satisfaction of countering an attack made her feel on top of the world.

So within her mentors dojo, a room that resembled a traditional Japanese dojo but lined with the Kumiho's spiraling circle instead do dragons, she trained to her heart's content, even as pools of sweat poured down her skin.

The dojo's door slid open, a lady a few years older than Keniko walked in with a bright smile, but that smile quickly faded as she saw the room. The dojo, which was usually spotless, looked like a war took place. The walls were charred and impaled by a series of scattered Kunai and Shurikens. Broken weapons were hopelessly scattered across the floor, Keniko's face had more scars than the dummy.

<"What the hell happened here!!"> She yelled, breaking Keniko out of her combat-induced trance.

Now back to her own senses, Keniko looked around. Her wolf-like demeanor quickly transformed into a more sheepish one as she took in the damage she caused.

<"Ooh.... Did I do that? "> Knowing the answer she scratched the back of her head as she knelt down to gather the lifeless blades.

<"Can you absolutely try NOT to have dad be pissed at me Ken-ko?"> After blowing a strand of her golden hair out of her face in frustration, Ano kneeled down to help gather up the pieces.

<"I'll try to do better next time"> Her usual response whenever she does something like this. While she means it -she does try to learn from her mistakes- her habits sometimes get the better of her.

Sweeping up the pieces, the two girls quickly cleaned up the floor,now having to deal with the charred and hole-embedded wall.

<"It's good to see you're excited to be on the field…"> Ano broke the silence, she formed an orb of water from the air and grabbed a sponge from the dojo's closet.

At the mention of the field, Keniko lit up with excitement, washing the walls with more energy than needed. <"Yes! I can't actually believe they're letting me on a mission early!! I know I aced the Shinobi Exams, but I can't believe it's today!">

Her excitement was contagious, make Ano smile a bit as well. <"Although I can't help but worry for you. You're my little sister, and I don't want you to get hurt.">

Her sister's concern worried her, Keniko, looked to the ground. She was about to try to comfort her when Ano continued to speak.

<"But I'm aware you're getting older, and this is something you wanted to do for a while. So I'm not going to give you a speech about this."> She sighed.

After hearing the rest of what she had to say, Keniko was filled with a sense of relief. Ano's approval meant the world to her, she helped her through the endless years of training and working. And she was always there to motivate her.

She shot at her, throwing herself at her with a full embrace. <"Thank you Ano!"> As she let go, a group of people walked to the entrance of the door. <"Keniko Taiyo Kumiho, the cart is ready.">

She ran to them, giving Ano one last wave <"Thanks for being the best sibling I could ever ask for!"> She yelled before starting her first mission, heading to the Hidden Creek Village.

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great opening post,

Kid_Superion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers