ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ParagonxXx
No Caption Provided

Farmington is a town in Hartford County in the Farmington Valley area of central Connecticut in the United States. The population was 25,340 at the 2010 census. It sits 10 miles west of Hartford at the hub of major I-84 interchanges, 20 miles south of Bradley International Airport and 2-hours by car from NYC and Boston. It is home to the world headquarters of several large corporations including United Technologies, Otis Elevator Company, and Carvel. The northwest section of Farmington has a Unionville suburban neighborhood.

History

No Caption Provided

Farmington was originally inhabited by the Tunxis Indian tribe. In 1640, a community of English immigrants was established by residents of Hartford, making Farmington the oldest inland settlement west of the Connecticut River and the twelfth oldest community in the state. Settlers found the area ideal because of it's rich soil, location along the floodplain of the Farmington River and valley geography.

The town and river were given their present names in 1645, which is considered the incorporation year of the town. The town's boundaries were later enlarged several times, making it the largest in the Connecticut Colony. The town was named "Farmington" on account of it's location within a farming district.

Farmington has been called the "mother of towns" because it's vast area was divided to produce nine other central Connecticut communities. The borough of Unionville, in Farmington's northwest corner, was once home to many factories harnessing the water power of the Farmington River.

Farmington is steeped in New England history. Main Street, in the historic village section, is lined with colonial estates, some of which date back to the 17th century. During the Revolutionary War, George Washington passed through Farmington on several occasions and referred to the town as "the village of pretty houses." In addition, French troops under General Rochambeau encamped in Farmington en route to Westchester County to offer crucial support to General Washington's army.

The majority of Farmington residents were abolitionists and were active in aiding escaped slaves. Several homes in the town were "safe houses" in the Underground Railroad. The town became known as "Grand Central Station" among escaped slaves and their "guides".

Farmington played an important role in the famous Amistad trial. In 1841, 38 Mende Africans and Cinque, the leader of the revolt on the Amistad slave ship, were housed and educated in Farmington after the U.S. government refused to provide for their return to Africa following the trial. The Mende were educated in English and Christianity while funds were raised by residents for their return to Africa.

The Farmington Canal, connecting New Haven with Northampton, Massachusetts, passed through the Farmington River on it's eastern bank and was in operation between 1828 and 1848. The canal's right of way and townpath were eventually used for a railroad, portions of which were active up to the 1990s. Part of the canal and railroad line has now been converted to a multi-use trail.

Geography

Rattlesnake Mountain
Rattlesnake Mountain

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 28.8 square miles (74.5 km2), of which 28.0 square miles (72.6 km2) is land and 0.77 square miles (2.0 km2), or 2.65%, is water.[2]

After it's founding, Farmington gave up territory to form Southington (1779), Bristol (1785), Avon (1830), Plainville (1869) and parts of Berlin (1785) and Bloomfield (1835). Farmington presently borders the towns of Avon, Burlington, Newington, West Hartford, and Plainville, and the cities of New Britain and Bristol.

Farmington is mostly wooded, but there are also meadows and hills in the east and southeast. There are also numerous ponds and lakes. The Farmington River runs through the town from the northwest from Burlington, enters Unionville, then takes a sharp turn near Farmington Center and flows north towards Avon. The Metacomet Ridge, a 100-mile (160 km) range of low traprock mountain ridges, occupies the east side of Farmington as Pinnacle Rock, Rattlesnake Mountain, Farmington Mountain and Talcott Mountain. The ridge is traversed by the 51-mile-long (82 km) Metacomet Trail, a hiking trail and contains several rock walls and chimneys suitable for technical climbing in places such as Pinnacle Rock and the Green Wall. These climbing areas, as well as several other rock climbing locations in central Connecticut, are documented in the 1995 book Hooked on Traprock.

Economy

Farmington is home to a significant and growing number of corporations. Fortune 500 industrial conglomerate United Technologies is headquartered on Farm Springs Road along with it's subsidiary Otis Elevator. Carvel, ConnectiCare, Farmington Displays and Horizon Technology Finance, all maintain corporate headquarters in Farmington. Other prominent employers include the American Red Cross, Bank of America, Farmington Sports Arena, McKesson, Stanley Black & Decker and TRUMPF Inc.

Farmington Bank was headquartered in town until it was acquired by People's United Bank in 2018. The Jackson Laboratory of Bar Harbor, Maine, is building a new facility on the grounds of the University of Connecticut Health Center, which specializes in the research and development of genomic medicine. The project is part of BioScience Connecticut, an initiative designed to launch Connecticut into the forefront of biomedical research. A growing collection of doctor's offices and medical practices is concentrated in the vicinity of UCONN Health Center.

Farmington is unique in that more people work within the town lines than actually live there, a characteristic atypical of a traditional suburb.

Locations

Education

The Academy
The Academy

Once ran and operated by Maya Summers, The Academywas an institution of knowledge and learning for those gifted with either extraordinary powers or training, along with the responsibility that comes in using them until it closed down. Now it's an abandoned building left to decay and rot.

Other students in Farmington have access to public schools that consistently rank among the best in the nation. The town has seven main public schools. The four K-4 elementary schools are Union School, West District School, Noah Wallace School, and East Farms School. The recently built West Woods Upper Elementary School houses all of grades 5 through 6 and features state of the art facilities. Irving A. Robbins Middle School houses grades 7 through 8. Farmington High School serves grades 9-12 for the entire town. In 2005, Farmington High School was ranked 125 on Newsweek Magazine's list of the best schools in the United States, in 2006 Farmington was ranked 269 and in 2007, 298.

Miss Porter's School, an exclusive college preparatory school for girls, is in Farmington. The school, whose buildings occupy much of the village center, is a significant historic and cultural institution in it's own right. Founded in 1843 by educational reformer Sarah Porter, Miss Porter's has long been one of the most selective preparatory schools for girls in the country. Famous alumni include Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Lilly Pulitzer and members of the Bush, Vanderbilt, and Rockefeller families. Tunxis Community College is in the southwest part of the town.

Infrastructure

UConn Health Center
UConn Health Center

The University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington employs over 5,000 people. The Health Center also houses John Dempsey Hospital. The hospital provides the only full-service emergency department in the Farmington Valley and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), one of only two in Connecticut. Connecticut's first church of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints opened in Farmington in 2016.

Transportation

Connecticut Transit Hartford provides local bus service.

Rules

Rule 1: No destroying Farmington, please. I’ll allow small scale destruction, but anything larger than a building being destroyed requires my permission. Please direct all PM’s to ParagonxXx. If I do not respond in a day or so, then the answer is no.

Rule 2: Please don’t destroy, or do hostile takeovers, of any of the main businesses or corporations without my permission. If it’s a player owned business, then please ask them if it’s okay with them. And if you want to steal something, please don’t walk through all of the defenses, police force, etc, as if they are nothing.

Rule 3: This is for the villains out there. For story reasons, please no conquering Farmington and being it’s ruler without permission from me first.

Rule 4: No auto hitting, no Godmoding, no teleporting, no moving Farmington, etc, without my permission.

Rule 5: Have fun!

Rule 6: Please obey the normal forum rules.

Anyone may come and play here, set up their own business, be a hero, be a villain, etc. Farmington is open to all.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was actually wondering when someone was going to make a Farmington thread. Great job paragon ^_^

Kwan_Capsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!! Great Job

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy sh*t...awesome...

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ParagonxXx
Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mister_Surreal
Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to move in with one of my characters

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@_araneae_ (you want to take a walk into the town?)

Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Good job. It eases my burden of doing it cuz Oz was going to skip curfew anyways

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this is awesome!!! Shield-Maiden's home until Atholis? :O

Superion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John_Taylors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

@oraculi@lamartheslayer@superion_prime

Oz loved this bakery. Farmington had some great stores, but Ma's Bakery was the best. Their specialty - lemon cakes. He was lucky enough that they still had two left before the store closed. It would be a great late night snack. He would have to save one for later since he couldnt possibly eat both by himself.

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraculi: just the two of us. want one? Hmm...so tasty

Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Events happen post-Chaos, pre- Outcast

No Caption Provided

It was widely rumored, yet rarely brought up, that many of those that resided on the third floor of the Academy would sneak out into town for side projects. If one was a Ruby, curfew breaking was almost a rite of passage. During the day and the weekend, many at the Academy, Gem and Diamond alike, were free to roam the quaint little town. It was a small town that littered the streets with small restaurants and mom and pop stores. It was a polar opposite with what was happening within the halls of the Academy. That distinct contrast is what brought Oz to the town.

The Mari- Chaos event had just subsided. Oz still was confused with what the hell happened. Ruby turned upon Ruby. Diamonds and Gems teaming with Rubies. People being consumed by ants. The only thing that didn't happen were naked females running rampant on the floor - and even Oz couldn't testify to that fact. It was just too much. He needed this 'getaway.' He needed a small vacation.

Oz walked the cobblestone streets over and over again. He had seen the same view of the same store corner like three times, but Oz wasn't going to complain. He managed to stop at his favorite food stop, telling the waiter what he wanted. A slice of pizza and a soda. It was simple and simple was all that Oz wanted.

He would take a sip of his soda, noticing random students walk bye. Oz would do what Oz did best and begin to judge. He's a dork. He's a bigger dork. What the hell is she wearing? Oh gawd, he waved at me. That was the life in Farmington. A place where trouble forgot.

@oraculi

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ozzy_manueldiaz:

No Caption Provided

It wasn't very long since the negotiations between Venn and Ezra had fallen apart, deep down inside a part of Ezra's mind was blaming herself for the failure of the negotiation but another part of herself remained too prideful and stubborn to warrant reevaluating her decision or even consider what she could have done better.

With Venn out of the picture I have no other choice but to find someone else willing to set up a meeting between Juno and me, hopefully, they're more reasonable in their bargaining.

So here she was now in the town of Farmington, she was donned in her battle gear and but had no intention to have any fights in this Midgard town rather she was purposely trying to stand out and gain as much attention as possible. Ezra wasn't just a pretty face as most would believe, she did do some prior info discovery on the Ruby's beforehand but she failed in taking into consideration just how exactly the Ruby's exerted control over each other or maybe Ezra just misinterpreted the information from the start.

Regardless she heard rumors of a sizable amount of students visiting this town so she figured there would be a high chance of meeting one here, her attire of gold and red would definitely make her stand out and spread word of her presence not to mention she was already beginning to grow in popularity in the Academy. "Oh there's someone that fits the average age in the Academy, I wonder if he's a student?" Arze closed her eyes and gave a gracious smile that would attract hearts to her like a moth to a flame.

She waved towards him while pacing slowly "Hello, excuse me I was wondering if you were a student from the Academy. I am Ezra, I'm looking for some students that are apart of the Ruby Dorm, do you know anyone that could help me with that?"

Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraculi:

No Caption Provided

Her soft words caught Oz's attention instantly. The sun behind her gave a halo effect like an angelic being to greet him, but it was her smile that was more powerful than any. Oz could do nothing more but crack a smile. He didn't know if it was her interesting selection of attire, or her literally asking if was he a Ruby. Obviously she belonged to the Academy by her open comment about the student designation. Oz not knowing who she was peeked his curiosity. She not knowing that the greatest of all Rubies now blessed her presence made this interaction more interesting.

Hello Ezra, he replied rather easily. She seemed innocent enough, war chest plate not withstanding. My name is Oz. I can help with many things. I am blessed in that regard. You need to look no further since you have met thee Ruby. Room 301 to be precise. No Ruby gets past the floor without me knowing.

Oz would gesture for the fiery red head to take a seat at his table. Pardon my manners if I come off as blunt, but I have never seen you at the school. He would have definitely remembered someone that looked like her in the hallways. That could be my own misfortune but I find it rather odd when people seek out a Ruby freely. My room is the first one all Rubies come across when they come on the third. 301 to be precise. I know all that come to my floor. You have never been on my floor. Thus, Im curious, what class are you affiliated with and why are you seeking any Ruby? He would lean back awaiting an answer, As I said before, I may be the greatest Ruby there. So what is it that you want?

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Oraculi

@ozzy_manueldiaz:As the princess heard Ozzy speak she had a...puzzled frown with her eyes wide open but with her beauty and pleasant demeanor that frown came off adorable like a confused puppy that cocked its head sideways in response to something it couldn't quite understand, in this instance Ezra was put off by the way Ozzy talked.

He speaks sooo, distant? No it's like his words are there but not at all. It's like a living dream of sound that's touching my ears.

She shook her head slightly with a face that grew slightly more confused by the second until it just suddenly stopped and she regained her composure, then when he gestured for her to sit she couldn't help but feel the urge to comply. "That is such wonderful news to my ears, I was worried that I had wasted time coming here and that I would fail finding a Ruby member" Ezra commented while she was dipping into one of the pockets of her dark brown utility belt, a moment later she replied with a hint of disappointment in her voice "oh..." a micro-expression of doubt formed on the girls face before she closed her eyes and shrugged back into a cheerful demeanor "I've actually been at the Academy for a few weeks but I guess I just haven't gotten the attention I thought I was getting, it's silly to think anyone would be paying attention to me"

Not a moment later her hand found the content she was looking for and pulled out a rectangular box that was much longer than the pouch she pulled it out from, she slid it forward on the table she was next to and made sure that this mysterious container was pointing at Ozzy "Well, I'm affiliated with the Diamonds at the Academy" she said while wiggling her head in place and laughing angelically for a moment "do not run away just yet...please" she raised both her hands and gave a calm down gesture just in case the other student got uncomfortable "as I said before I am new, I am also the newest member of the Diamonds. But what I want is to help my leader Connor and the rest of my team members gain a better standing with your team"

She lifted the lid off the mysterious container and the content inside appeared to be a gold Rolex watch, the princess gestured it to Ozzy "A gift for you, it's not just an ordinary watch either. I have a skill when it comes to enchanting and crafting items. This watch right here is one that is able to detect lies, if one says a lie it will glow brightly" she paused then contemplated for a moment "I'm currently dating someone" Ezra said a lie and the watch softly buzzed and glowed like a neon light, this effect would last for several seconds before it faded away. "But the truth is Oz, I don't care if you're the greatest Ruby or not. Because no one can be left behind when it comes to building a strong unity between both our sides. I really do want all of us to be together on this" as Ezra said this the watch did not glow and it appeared to signify she was indeed telling the truth.

The_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraculi: (I want a magic item for Alex!)

Samara_Moreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samara_moreau: (Thomas here, This is my main Alex)

Especially if it's cursed! Then I can give it to someone I hate

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraculi: Oz would reveal a devilish smile when she talked about attention. She definitely earned his as she sat across from him. I think its silly if anyone didn't pay attention to you. He caught himself for going any further into a hole that would be too deep to climb out of, especially under first impressions. I mean...I think everyone should get a chance to express their opinion.

The mysterious box she pulled from her bag garnered as much of his attention as it was on currently on her. Curiousity killed the cat, and obviously he was dangerously close by every revelation by Ezra. The moment she mentioned the Diamond Class his head cocked back in annoyance as his eyes rolled back into his head, almost like it was instinct. Then she mentioned Connor's name and Oz's day just went from bad to worst. He wasn't the biggest fan of the 'choir boy' yet she mentioned his name with reverence. That dude is such a douche. He wiped his hand over his eyes, taking a deep breathe as he once again looked into her eyes. I apologize. Connor sent you. Im over joyed. Not really, but you are a Diamond and he is the top dog so I understand it.

She continued, somewhat on guard from his perspective. Was it just fear that he was a Ruby? Maybe it was his stellar reputation on ground. Or maybe it was her default nature. Whichever one, the moment she opened the box to reveal a golden Rolex, how she thought of him was thrown out the window. Now she was talking his talk. A gift? For me? I can deal with Connor if this how you do business. She continued, explaining how it was magical which made him give the watch a second glance. He wasn't the biggest fan of magic. He had pages upon pages of the mage's magic class text memorized within his head to make him even more worried. A watch that can detect a lie wasn't the most useful device but he forgot about it once she mentioned that she was dating someone and the watch glowed. She had just lied for effect, and the revealed truth of her availability peeked his curiosity even more. For someone that took pride of knowing to manipulate people, if she was attempting to so on him he would admit that he had a rival of setup and misdirection.

She became more serious, even repeating certain phrases over in is head, no one can be left behind. Want all of us to be together on this. It just kept repeating in his head like it was stuck on a loop. He would smile wondering if this was some enchantment. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't, but when one had meta memory, cataloging and indexing certain information was just as easy as isolating that information in the memory plane. You want a piece of the top dogs. I get it. He would rest his arms on the table as he now held the watch in his hand, contemplating various scenarios. Im willing to help you unite our sides. Its going to be tricky. I have one condition though. I only talk to you and expect the same from you. It can get complicated with just one Ruby let alone multiple. He would slip on the watch, marveling at its craftsmanship, sliding the empty box back to her and then his cell phone along with it. Do we have a deal? I can get started whenever you are ready. Just place your number in my phone incase you think of anything throughout the day. Or night.

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ozzy_manueldiaz: The tiniest of frowns formed on Ezra's face as she observed the way Oz reacted to the mention of Connor's name, of course it was to be expected after all she's heard in regards to the relationship between both teams however she just couldn't understand out of all the members why would Connor illicit an annoyed response.

"It's fine, I want to change that feeling you have. You and everyone else has" she commented in a reassuring manner while rolling her wrist and continuing "of course, but please don't misinterpret because I don't mean to buy off the Ruby's for a favorable disposition. This is a gift, a gesture of good faith that I do want to work things out and I am willing to take both the first steps as well as the necessary ones" she paused hesitantly for a moment "but within reason of course, I want our sides to see each other more or less on equal footing not servants to the other. Being perfectly balanced is better than lopsided on one end after all"

She stopped talking and carefully considered the offer Oz gave and nodded her head but paused to say something "I can agree to that but within reason, if a Ruby approaches me with the intention to talk I will respond to them however I will not seek them out" she placed a hand where heart would be "I swear it by my word" Ezra would then let out an almost angelic like laugh as her body subconsciously formed a golden halo of divine light above her head.

"Of course we do, in fact how about this. From this day forth I will treat you as if you were one of my best friends so long as you do the same" the angel like halo faded away as she accepted his card and put it in her belt, then she reached for a nearby napkin and her eyes green eyes turned to a beautiful pale gold as she burned black imprints of her phone number onto the napkin and passed it back to him.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Van came to a screeching halt in front of the grocery store, a loud *CLUNK* coming from the right tire. Juno let out a long sigh of frustration while shutting her precious vehicle off, not so passively glaring over to Will, who sat in the passenger's seat. "That noise, by the way? Started happening after you popped the tire off..." The dealer's glare continued for a few seconds before she finally opened the door and stepped out.

Juno normally preferred to do all of her shopping alone, finding the solitude peaceful. However, she had a written list that was three pages long, courtesy of the friends she now lived with in the Haven. Normally, her first choice would have been Venilia, just to have an excuse to be around her for another second. Something came to mind, however. Since the Mari Crisis, the goth didn't have a single one on one conversation with the Diamond Rebel of their group, Will. If they were going to all be living under the same roof, with Juno as the self-appointed Housekeeper, she was going to make an effort to get along with all of the tenants... Including Oz, a thought that made her uncomfortable.

That was her main motive. Always a planner, though, Juno had some other ideas in mind while the two were spending the day together...

No Caption Provided

The witch waited for Will to get out of the van, adjusting her sunglasses while doing so. "Pick it up, Bird Boy, we have a lot of empty cabinets to fill."

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Red_Jay
No Caption Provided

As soon as the van came to a halt, Will took a moment to look over the vast parking lot, watching as customers of the grocery store came and left. He sat there - passive as ever until he heard the 'Clunk.' Will's eyes widened, directly snapping his attention towards the goth dealer, ready to preach his sorry's to her, seeing as he never did before. Though before any words could leave his mouth, Juno beat him to the chase, "That noise, by the way? Started happening after you popped the tire off..."He pursed his lips tightly somewhat pulling back from Juno.

"Right, I've been meaning to tell you that I'm sorry" He stepped out of the van, looking over at Juno on the other side, "I'll try fixing it.. if it bugs you that much?" He began making his way towards the store as Juno did, somewhat narrowing his eyes from the rays of sunlight that bestowed above the two.

Grocery shopping was something Will wasn't accustomed to, seemingly as how Juno usually did so herself - though he was somewhat glad she brought him along. Seemingly after everything that has been going on with the Mari Crisis, the two had never gotten the time to actually speak to one another, something that he was willing to change.

"Pick it up, Bird Boy, we have a lot of empty cabinets to fill."

As he Juno said, Will followed. He walked after his friend and somewhat partner in crime, somewhat excited to go grocery shopping.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Juno_Fei

Juno walked beside Will, too focused on looking over the shopping list to even glance at him. "I appreciate the sentiment, but I've been fixing my own aircraft since I was fourteen. If anyone's working on that van, it's going to be me."She feigned her statement with pride, too shy to admit that it was a gift from her beloved mother even though it was something she blurted out in a fit when first hearing about the damaged tire. "Grab a cart." She gestured over to them, walking ahead to the produce.

The witch scoffed at the top of her list, Reed's fine writing being at the very top. "Who the heck has celery sticks as their go to snack? Honestly..." She smirked a little, actually finding Reed's quirks amusing. After grabbing a few packs and chucking them into the cart, Juno brought her pace down to a crawl, casually glancing over at Will a few times.

"Jesus, Juno. You've shaken hands with warlords and generals, small talk can't be all that different."

"So..." Juno slipped her shades off of her face, pointing at the orphan's stomach. "How's the gut feel after... Well, you know..." The dealer grimaced, realizing only after she asked how that was probably still a traumatic memory for Will. It was her newly acquired Staff that miraculously mended his wound during the Crisis, after all.

"Nice one, Fei."

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listening Juno’s retort to Will’s sentiment, he respects her reply by proceeding to not speak anymore of her van he had once broken. Will just gestures to Juno with a nod as he steps into the store with Juno, whose eyes were glued on the shopping list.

Grabbing a cart as Juno said, Will, strolls beside her, glancing at the long list with quirked eyebrows. “Well I mean, they aren’t that bad” he looked over at Juno, grinning as he continued to stroll the cart. “I wonder what the others put.” Will thought to himself, stopping as Juno did.

Will leaned against the cart, hunching his back over as he scanned the shelves for anything he might’ve liked - which he didn’t. The silence between the two outcasts grew warier by the second, making things more skewed than it already was.

That was until Juno spoke up before Will could muster the courage to, "How's the gut feel after... Well, you know..." he looked down at his stomach, with a visible facial structure of dissatisfaction of Juno’s question, seeing as how he pursed his lips and looked down, before slowing raising his head back up towards Juno, “I mean.. it doesn’t hurt anymore” he answered, now tapping the carts handle repeatedly as a way to ignore the tension the two were now experiencing amongst each other.

@juno_fei Why are these two so awkward when they talk, LOL

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juno pursed her lips in a sort of smile, giving him a single nod. "Well, that's good..." The silence returned, the dealer awkwardly turning around to continue shopping. She grabbed a few pots and pans for herself, as well as some knives to stuff inside the cart, glancing at Will with raised eyebrows multiple times to acknowledge the silence.

"Okay, round two?"

"Why don't you tell me about yourself, Will? I mean, all I really know about you is that you smoke and hosted parties on rooftops." She let out a genuine chuckle, finally admitting that the two didn't really know each other at all.

Juno was a master of reading people, from the slightest twitch of expression to a nudge of body language. To her, Will gave off a positive vibe from the start. It was the main reason why she chose him for that operation. If there was anyone she wanted to know first before her partner and old friend, it was him.

"Unless you wanted to just keep on silently shopping? Because we could do that, too."

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The silence began heating up the tension between the two, growing things more awkward by the second. From Juno's controversial question to WIll's vague response, the two seemed to grow more part by every word they spoke to one another. Friends reverting acquaintances.

Though once again as he attempted to open his jaw to speak to Juno, she asks the exact question he was about to ask her. "Ah man, but you already said the only two interesting things about me" He chuckled along with Juno as he answered her with his snarky response - something he does much too often. He shook his head, mustering up to give her a real answer, "Well, I like to draw? In my journal, and no it's not a diary" He let out another small laugh, throwing some more things into the cart.

Will wanted to become better friends with Juno and the rest of the Outcasts. Though sometimes their distinct personalities could get in the way of that, though it was nothing Will hasn't handled before they all went to the Academy together after all.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Juno_Fei

Juno gave Will a sarcastic look of shock, quickly scoffing afterwards. "You're telling me that our resident rebel is an artist? Stop the press! Next you're going to tell me that you write angsty poetry." She gave him a reassuring smile, hopefully picking up that she was just teasing him. "That's pretty cool, actually. I used to sketch a lot when I was younger, but I'm pretty terrible at it now. Heads up." She tossed him two packages of paper towel, then continued walking.

"Diary, journal, it's the same thing, not that it's a bad thing. Everyone needs to vent somehow, right?" The goth raised a brow back his way, subtly alluding to his "secret" video journal. "I have super hearing, just so you know. I'd recommend maybe playing some music or something when you're doing those? Because I can't exactly turn it off." Juno gave a light tap of her ears while still facing forward.

"So, you draw. That still doesn't explain the whole "winged acrobat" deal you have going on. Is that just something you thought would be cool or...?"

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Red_Jay

He looked down with a smirk, scoffing all the while “No, No I’m serious.” He laughed, returning ger raised eyebrow with his own, “Sketches? Maybe you could show me sometime, I actually wanna see” he replied, noticing the paper towels thrown to him, precisely catching them as he dropped them into the cart.

“Right” catching a glimpse of her eyebrow, returning it with his own. “Super hearing? I might just do that, thanks.” He looked at the ear she tapped raising an eyebrow of his own. “Super hearing’s cool, super anything is actually” he laughed grabbing a large case of water, tossing it underneath the cart.

“Oh the whole bird thing? It’s somewhat of a long story” he grinned tossing a bag of chips into the cart, “but long story short. I once had this pet bird, I thought it was a “Red Jay”, but Reed had to be a buzzkill and told me it was actually a cardinal and “Red Jay’s” weren’t a thing. But that was after I became “The Red Jay.” Emphasis on the “The.” He laughed, strolling the cart which seemed to get heavier to push by the second.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juno gave him a skeptical glare paired with a smirk. "Alright... But if you laugh at my sketches, I swear I'll never take you shopping again." She laughed and shook her head, taking a sharp turn into the next aisle. "It can be cool, end up being more of an annoyance than anything. Do you know what it's like to hear birds chirping in the morning? Now imagine that but it feels like they're right in your ear hole squawking their heads off." The goth rolled her eyes, giving a "coocoo" gesture at her temple.

She grabbed some blue hair dye, chucking it in the cart while listening to Will's explanation. "Yup, that sounds like Reed. Don't listen to him, I still think it's a pretty sweet name. Correct or not."

With the two loosened up a little, Juno finally shot a piercing glare at Will, grabbing a bulk of toothpaste while doing so. "I was wondering about something. Outside of our little magic trip... You practice any sort of criminal activity on a regular basis?" Her tone was forcefully casual, trying to dampen the weight of the quesiton as much as possible.

Micro-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Micro-Man

@juno_fei: @red_jay: Hey! Reed telling Will that "Red Jays" is the correct term isn't even canon. And he didn't say that it was a bad name, he was just having what he thought was an informative conversation lol.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Red_Jay

While walking, on his face grew a small smirk - one of which grew from seeing Juno's skepticism to Will's request. "I'd never laugh at your sketches, that's a promise" He gave her a genuine nod, proceeding to grab more things he remembered from the shopping list. "Oh yeah, that part. Sorry about that..." He lingered silently on the last word, still pushing the cart aways.

The more the conversation grew out, the more loosed her got despite the iffy questions they both were to say. "Thanks, I wonder what your 'super-name' would be" He chuckled a bit.

With the question Juno had just asked, Will stopped the cart with quirked eyebrows, only to procced pushing it slowly. He thought for a second, tossing another item into the cart, "Well other than Underaged drinking, Vigilantism, drugs I'd say no" He made sure to answer to her question snarky and sarcastic as possible, though truthfully as possible.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The smuggler gave him a meek smirk followed with a nod. "Alright then, I'll show you some when I have time."

Juno's face lit up like Will had never seen before as he mentioned what her 'super-name' would be, fumbling with a toothbrush. "Ven likes to call me Arcana... I think it's a pretty cool name..." She continued smiling, her mood noticeably brightening at the very mention of her partner's name.

Then she remembered that she was standing in front of Will, and her entire posture firmed back up. After sharply clearing her throat, she tossed the toothbrushes in the cart and glared at the Bird Boy. "So, you're familiar with the workings of crime to say the least? Maybe even say... The black market?" Juno raised her brows in an almost challenging way, ambiguously keen on testing the teen's knowledge.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He returned her smile with his own, "great, looking forward to it."

His eyebrows rose as to when he heard the word 'Arcana.' "Arcana? Like a secret keeper or something like that right?" He scratched his head, hoping his assumption of the word was correct. As witty as he was, Will wasn't one to listen in class, despite his grand efforts of trying to gain knowledge.

As Juno stepped in front of him, Will stopped the cart glaring at her. "Who isn't? ..why do you ask Juno?" He cocked his head sideways, narrowing his eyes onto the outcasts housekeeper.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juno smirked at Will's question, giving him an affirming nod. "That's correct. Mysteries, secrets, same thing. Thought it kind of fits for the whole Staff thing..." Her words trailed off in a sudden realization, looking off to nowhere in thought. It was only now where Juno grew concerned about leaving her Staff alone at the house, now able to command it to stay in one place. It was a worry for another time, however, as Will was starting to pick up what she was putting down.

"Well, I might have lied when I said everyone else was busy for the shopping run. Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed getting to know you... But, that's not the only reason I needed to speak to you outside of the house." Juno gestured for Will to follow her to the last aisle of the store, where it seemed to be the most empty. Once alone, she leaned on the cart and fumbled with her hands while staring at Will. "I have this little business venture that would make us a ton of money, specifically for the group." The goth widened her eyes and looked away, thinking about how intense this would get.

"Few things about it. Um, it's highly illegal, high profile and would involve you being the guy to do it. I'd do it myself but I'm in hiding at the moment. Which means, I can't really do my whole "black market dealer connection" thing like I was doing at The Academy." Juno's tone wasn't stable for a single word of her explanation, ranging from lows to highs in a giveaway of how uncomfortable she was just asking this of someone she barely knew.

Finally, the dealer leaned over the cart, and nudged her head as a sign for Will to do the same. Even though the were basically ear to ear, Juno's voice didn't raise over a silent mumble. "ᵀʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ᵃ ᵐᶦˡˡᶦᵒⁿ ᵈᵒˡˡᵃʳˢ ʷᵒʳᵗʰ ᵒᶠ ᶜᵒˡᵒᵐᵇᶦᵃⁿ ᶜᵃʳᵗᵉˡ ᶜᵒᶜᵃᶦⁿᵉ ᶦⁿ ᵒᵘʳ ᵇᵃˢᵉᵐᵉⁿᵗ..."

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just hearing the first sentence of what Juno was laying down made Will skeptical, there was no grin, quirked brow, or even an awkward lack of eye contact; he just stood there with a hawks glare upon the dealer. “What’re you saying Juno?” He murmured within the depths of his mind, following Juno to the last aisle left - and presumably the emptiest.

The body language Juno was now giving somewhat worried the former diamond; worried as to why Juno was now acting like this, and worried of what she might tell - or ask of him. The reference to an opportunity of gaining money was the good part, and - presumably - came the bad part.

His eyes widened, as suspected. “You’re saying, you want me to go out there? And possibly put not only my life, but the others too? I’m stupid Juno, but I’m not that stupid to realize this is a good way to expose us; in more ways than one.” He presses his back against the shelf, crossing his arms awaiting for Juno’s retort.

That was until he heard the last bit, the small icy whisper in his ear which made him jerk back, with an astonished gasp, “You’ve been hiding this, to tell me just now? I mean, I’m fine with it; but what about the others? Reed, Ozzy… Ven?

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juno closed her eyes as Will reacted exactly as she predicted, letting a large sigh out of her nose. She clicked her tongue, wincing in anticipation as he went on further with his understandable worry. "Hold your horses there, Bird Boy, can I at least explain?"

The dealer started counting her points on her finger, tapping on each one as she went along. "First off, I'm not hiding anything. That stuff is literally in the wine cellar where I last put it when I showed up here for The Academy, anyone could just walk down there and see it if they wanted. I am going to tell everyone, I just wanted to tell you first, because yes, I want you to be my mark on this one."

The witch walked past the cart and shook Will's arm. "I would be arranging the deal, the location wouldn't even be stateside and I'd be walking you through it the entire time. The only thing you'd have to worry about is being a presentable dealer. All of that being said, Will? If you're not cool with this, we drop it just like that. This isn't me pressuring you, this is just me asking." She gave him a pursed smile, her serious expression fading somewhat to lighten the mood.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He let out a lasting sigh, listening to Juno word for word. It wasn't the risks that were in it for him that made his worried, it was the fear of not being home one day, leaving the others wondering where he ran off to - that was his worst fear.

Will dropped his arms from his chest, as they were now firmly grabbed into the cart, "Then it was a wonder, that no one actually found the stuff" He looked down at his feet, sighing once more. He already had his answer, an answer that would refuse to leave his mouth - whether he had a choice or not.

He looked back up to the goth, former dealer, with a face of somewhat disappointment, "Fine.. I'll do your deal for you. How bad can it be right? Just in and out, I hope it's that simple"He mumbled, taking his attention from Juno to the sides of the aisle, checking if anyone were to spy on them.