Eldric, the blood wizard. (Character introduction)

weARElegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Eldric was a mere archaeologist, researching into lost occult relics. According to the mythos of the blood gem, it was the source of the vampire legends. Bewitching the beholder into a carnivorous blood fiend, giving them a appearance of the fabled Nosferatu. Eldric being a educated historian, and skeptic never believed in such monsters. More believing that mankind made up the stories over the years, to scare children and keep villagers from wandering away from townships. He had found a lead in Romania, Transylvania where ruins of castle Dracula were said to be found. Deciphering ancient tablets, carved in the language of the vampires. A gibberish to most, but Eldric studied linguistics, and was able to figure out the text however, decayed being written in human blood dried and flaking away.

No Caption Provided

Reaching the town, the broken down castle was saw in the distance. He decided to go in the day. There was a thick fog in the air, the towns folk stared as he walked up the castle road. A horse carriage driving by black stallions rushed by almost running him down. An old drunkard hobbled by, drenched in urine, and whisky. Eldric trekked on as the fog became much thicker as approaching the castle. The howl of wolves, rang out along the woods which bordered the roadway. Eldric, carried a pistol but hoped he didn't have to use it. Just then, a woman ran up sky clad covered in blood, collapsing at his feet. Eldric, saw how pale she was, with a banshee like scream, before she hit the ground. He leaned forward, to check her pulse. The lady was dead, this scared Eldric to say the least.

The wolves.... had to of been them... ripped her clothes off.... gnawed at her... ya...Eldric thought to himself. He walked on, a cautious pace. Pistol now in hand. A symbol he recognized as a marker was on the archway of the crumbling entrance. On the right track......almost there can't give up now. Eldric thought. Stepping inside, the scent of rotting corpses filled the abandoned castle as the towns folk left bodies inside as homage to the legend of Dracula.

The catacombs were just ahead, a hidden passageway inside the fireplace. As Eldric entered a glow illuminated the room. On an altar sat the blood gem, a man shrouded in a black ragged gown kneeling before it. oh no... another is going to steal my prize...... I must not let them! Eldric, aiming his pistol fired a shot into the back of the mans head. The skull of the long dead, occultist rolled onto the floor. phew.... it was a skeleton....almost committed murder...Eldric picked up the skull and examined it, the skull had facial deformities, and the canines were enlarged like fangs. Surely a ruse.... to scare off ... treasure hunters. He thought to himself. He reached out for the gem, and took it in hand.

The blood gem
The blood gem

As he done so nothing happened, hmmm.... I thought as much, another hoax.... as he was thinking this a group of towns folk carrying torches rush into the chamber. "Leave it alone!, you meddle with evil!, it consumes all!" Before he knew it, the men were laying on the ground shot, his pistol in hand. Weird, I don't recall shooting them. I better get out of here, before more arrive. Eldric noticed a carriage and buggy out front the driver waved him to enter. Upon entering, the woman he thought dead was inside dressed in black silken dress garbs. "you wish to flee? Those people are superstitious.... I see you are not. The relic, is most sought after in these parts but most abandon after hearing the tale of the curse it holds" She says to Eldric, "Yes, please lets go!, and I don't listen to nonsense, I'm an educated man." he replies. She smiles, "Shipyard!" She exclaims sharply....and the stallions embark their journey. "yes, that's exactly right.... my ship is arriving in an hour. How did you know? "Eldric asks " My father owns these lands, I know everything that happens and everyone. " she replies.

No Caption Provided

Arriving at the shipyard, she steps out lights a cigarette. Takes a drag, exhales and her fangs are visible. Eldric stumbles backwards. "If I wanted you dead, we had ample time in the buggy." She says, with a smile. "Cosmetics, right?" Eldric says... with a wobble in his voice... "Yes, yes... I am merely a fan of Dracula... I find it fun to scare the tourists whom come this way ... haha!" she replies. whoa, she definitely pulls it off...down to the seductive look. "ahhhh.... my boat just arrived, a pleasure meeting you. " he says rushing off the dock, and boarding the vessel.

Two weeks later he arrives in New York, home sweet home...... now to examine this gem closer..... Eldric enters his archaeology suite. Placing the gem he carefully wrapped in cloth onto an altar replica of his own design. The blood gem illuminates the room, Eldric feels a euphoria sensation, and passes out.

No Caption Provided

Upon awaking, Eldric notices his clothing appear like the cultist in rags but his appear woven silk. The gem missing, nowhere to be seen. Eldric stands up, the room still glowing however in the gems light. What the ??? my clothes?? the blood gem??? what's going on? His thoughts racing. The blood gem had fused into his every being, a whisper inside spoke to him. "we hunger......" it said ...huh who said that? .... where are you? "Inside, we are one....feed us, or we will die...." It speaks again, as a pain begins to surge all over. "how? what? do we eat?" says Eldric, "Life....gives life, power, sex. Walk among others....." the whisper dies off.

The pain grows more unbearable, and Eldric passes out again. This time awaking, in a motel room where an elderly woman lays tied to bed frame. Eldric, goes through her purse. An i.d. is found of a 20 year old women of similar features. She flinches, and begins to sob. "Please, no more..... I can't take any more...." she says in an whimpering voice. Eldric leans in to undo her bonds placing one hand on her leg to stabilize as he kicks at him. His hand he places on her glows, and the woman's leg shrivels as she screams aloud. "No more, No more! I beg of you" she pleads to him. huh, I did that? just by touching her? "I am leaving, now" his voice sounded different, deeper, more coarse. I need to go home, why am I here. As he leaves the motel, a car pulls up and two men rush into the room. Shots are fired, the men carry out a garbage bag, and drive off.

Upon arriving a his suite, he disrobes and lays on his bed, exhausted for reasons unknown. He dreams of trip to Transylvania, and the woman he met, she intoxicates his dreams. He awakes, and hears the voice again "We hunger..... feed...." I better go out this time myself... leaving his suite, he enters a subway system nearby. People brush past him, bumping into, nearly knocking him over. okay.... now what?.... feel the power! as this was thought a sensation came over his hands.

No Caption Provided

This was a gathering of life force being siphoned from those passengers whom walked close enough to the range of the spell. It entered Eldric's hands which seemed to go unnoticed by those passing by. It felt good to take it in, he felt strong, energetic, and youthful. After awhile he left the subway, and went back to his suite. Looking into the mirror, he did not recognize himself.

No Caption Provided

Ryth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see you around yo

weARElegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryth Thanks I was without a computer for awhile.
Took a break from the digital world to focus on my life.

Ryth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryth Thanks I was without a computer for awhile.

Took a break from the digital world to focus on my life.

Glad to see you around. I always did enjoy the lore you built.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

weARElegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks I enjoy writing them too, what is a Character without a good backstory. :)