_Splits_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Splits_

"Really, who are you gonna call?"

The world today is a very strange one... where humans are born with the ability to control fire or ice, respectable rich men buy or build battle suits to fight crime, and aliens occasionally come down to Earth to visit and hardly anyone cares anymore because it's become so common. Yet when questions of the paranormal and supernatural comes up, the majority populace still feels the urge to call anyone who believes in such things crazy. Which is madness in of itself.

So when you've just bought an new home for your entire family and find the house has a terrifying past, or choose to expand your business unknowingly onto ancient burial grounds, what are you to do when the monstrous and vengeful spirits of the dead start tearing your building or even you apart? The police aren't just going to assume you're crazy, the government doesn't have the time or patience to listen to the dangers of the undead, and you can't rely on the vigilante in the bat costume to always pull you out of the fire. So really, who are you gonna call?

DeLancey Logo
DeLancey Logo

The DeLancey Center of Paranormal Investigations & Eliminations (D.C.P.I.E.) was founded to aid in troubling cases like the ones mentioned above, acting as the sole provider for true supernatural dispersion and defense using the safest and most efficient methods available that don't involve the likes of exorcisms and occult magics.

Founded by renowned scientist and inventor Dexter Lee DeLancey, who's family have seen many such a paranormal conflict over many generations themselves, the DCPIE have been in business for just over three years and have more than proven that things normally beyond human comprehension- be them ghosts, demons, ghouls, or anything else- do indeed exist and are "living" among us. And they chose to capitalize on the potential market.

"Home is where the soul is..."

DeLancey Estate
DeLancey Estate

Used as both a base of operations by the DCPIE and as a home to Dexter's family, DeLancey Estate is an large an luxurious mansion paid for and maintained by both the money the family business has earned as supernatural investigators and the numerous patents Dexter has earned as an inventor. Located in a lonely little area of Westchester New York, the building is the site of the family's first encounter with the paranormal... but that's another story entirely.

Aside from Dexter's personal office/study and the 'museum of cursed artifacts', the above ground portion of the building is meant solely for the family's normal (if not fancy) living arrangements, being made up of numerous bedrooms and guestrooms to accommodate them, a large and well-stocked kitchen, and anything else the DeLancey's might ask for.

No Caption Provided

The real spirit chasing business happens beneath the actual estate and inside the expansive basement, which Dexter has long since converted into both an paranormal research center and a technological workshop to create various supernatural-battling gadgets.

This is also where Dexter keeps one of his greatest inventions and likely the one most influential to his becoming a ghost hunter: a portal to what he calls the Phantom Zone- a astral dimension where science and magic seem to intertwine in strange and unpredictable ways. Dexter apparently either accidentally discovered or created this ghostly realm during an unrelated experiment, but since then he has used it as a storage realm for any demons, spirits, or any other intangible ghouls they may meet.

OOC:

Hey there friends, first off thanks for checking out my thread ^_^

This is the official location thread for the DCPIE/DeLancey family organization and team. Not sure what else I can say about this or that, but lets get to the rules and stuff!

• The DCPIE is a family business devoted to the study, investigation, and containment / elimination of supernatural entities such as ghouls, poltergeists, and demons. The best way I can describe them is: throw the Future Foundation, the Ghostbusters, and the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense and then mix them all together. =P
  • Well deal with more "fleshy" things like vampires and werewolves occasionally, but it you wanna hire us to do that it's probably gonna cost extra.
  • If you'd like to join as an employee, or want to make a family member, PM either this account or _pariah_ or you can just post it here!
  • If you'd like to break into DeLancey estate and steal technology or something, PM me first. I don't want any of that without permission.
  • On the other hand, if you'd like to set up a meeting with Dexter about paying for the services of the DCPIE or over something else, you may come knocking on the door whenever.
  • I'll be adding some more to the OP over time, don't worry =s
  • Oh, and ALL the CVnU rules apply... do I really have to state that?

And for your enjoyment, here is a little song. Have fun! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLSgac3WmM

Avatar image for executive_liaison
Executive_Liaison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daaayumn. Excellent OP. Really.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EPIC!

_Splits_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heeeey, nice!

Frank_Scaletta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good Luck with this :P

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

_Splits_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: LOL

And yeah, I'll be adding this to the Magical Library thing eventually.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: That is what I was wondering about and nice work btw.

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catherine loved the family business, cheer and gym were fun but that wasn't likely to last forever. But the bright and spontaneous teen was also quite foolish in that same regard. Ghosts were fun to talk to and demon slaying was cool but really any paranormal activity was appealing to her. If someone said here's five hundred dollars go attack that vampiric night club or assault that werewolf camp she'd do so. Hell she'd done many solo jobs even for free like today.

With a cheer outfit spattered in dried blood and a cherry lollipop in her mouth she made her way back home. A joyous sigh escaping her as she pulled out a variety of tools and cleaning supplies she kept under one of the desks. The grinding whir of the chainsaw died down as it's flickering lights came to a stop. The near epilepsy causing weapon obnoxiously bright and perky even without the lights on. Beneath it a towel so no blood stains were made. She'd been yelled at a few times for leaving marks of gore and ectoplasm on the carpet. This moment when azure eyes were fixed on meticulously polishing Sparkles was probably the only time someone could talk to a calmer Catherine.

(Not much just felt like posting in my awesome home)

HeeHaHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HeeHaHo
GloomyIzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Radical. :D I'll hopefully have a post up by tomorrow.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heehaho: At work so response might not be till later but yeah go for it ^_^ anyone can reply

HeeHaHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexcraft:

The mischievous demon of the ninth realm of hell Walter Snow, as he likes to be called(he prefers not to go by his demon name), walked inside the house. He was just done going grocery shopping for the household. As he was putting the groceries away he across one of the DeLancey spawn. She was covered in blood. "You know you should really change your clothes after missions".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Home Sweet Home

After long, boring hours of hanging around the house, Johnathan would have liked nothing more than to go on another paranormal investigation with the rest of his siblings. His midnight black hair was as untidy as ever, and his icy blue eyes had a glazed look in them. His room was rather untidy, as usual. There were tiny bits of balled up paper and scraps in random parts of the room. He had neglected to clean it for a little while now, usually preferring to either practice with his abilities, or to cause mischief and plan pranks on his other siblings (With the exception of Todd, whom he was rather protective of).

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heehaho:

"You might not know this but taking a shower with a chainsaw doesn't go well. So I take care of my baby here then me." The teen brushing aside the remark with casual teen defiance. "So what's up Walt?"

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. =)

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeeHaHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexcraft:

The snow demon fell to the ground and began making his famous.........er.....infamous laugh. "Hee ha ha hee ha hee ho! Silly billy I was referring to just washing up and changing your clothes and then cleaning your weapon", Walt began taking out the groceries from their bags. First he took out the milk cartons and took them to the fridge. Next he grabbed the orange juice. While picking the carton up he noticed a pen marking on the expiration date. They marked it up so that they could sell spoiled juice.

The carton then turned to snow in his clutch(he's too much) and Walter threw it against a wall. "I suppose there is no use crying over spoiled OJ. Anyways why are you wearing that?" he asked as he pointed to her dress. "I don't think your father would approve".

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heehaho:

"Ehm I prefer crazy Katie or something along those lines do I look like a Billy to you?" The sarcastic remark was accompanied by a hearty laugh she couldn't help but find the infamous cackle infectious. Having some spare time, Sparkles demanded two thorough cleanings before assembly and she liked to let it dry inbetween, so she killed time helping with the various groceries. Her eyes rolling at the comment towards her attire. "Well it's a cheerleader outfit that would suggest after class I went to cheer. After cheer I murdered zombies. People can wear costumes and uniforms when punching aliens why can't I when playing with Sparkles?"

HeeHaHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexcraft:

The Ymir spawn pulled out a bag full of chicken wings. The demon didn't have lunch that day so he was having an early dinner of sorts. "Want some kid?" he said as he opened the greasy paper bag. "Well the problem with your costume is that it is a bit too revealing. You look like some of the characters from the shows that your bother watches........don't tell the boy I said that".

GloomyIzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heehaho: @hexcraft:

"I do," Izzy grunted, reaching into the bag and pulling out a wing, nibbling idly at the edge. She'd wandered down from her room upstairs, in a very rare moment of being bored with solitude... and a less rare moment of hunger. The sulking goth girl glanced from her bubbly, scantily-clad sister, to the little Frosted Flakes mascot her dad let stay around, then back to her chicken wing, and eventually decided to stay silent.

Actually, screw that.

"You mean all the hentai that he pirates? Or are we talking about different cartoons?" Izzy's voice as usual sounded drained and monotonic, like she would be sarcastic if only she had something to be sarcastic about.

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heehaho: @gloomyizzy:

"Uh no thanks to greasy." The teen remarked instantly lighting up when her sister was around. Given Catherine's past she'd consistantly maintained an image of bright and bubbly. Some days it was a front most the time it was honestly who she was, but only when with family was it indisputable. "Sup Izzy! Thought you were the one who pirated stuff." Her glance then returning to Walt. "Uh you can find more revealing imagery in the mall, tv, god forbid someone look on the internet for skin. Point is this is nothing, and I'm not shy about my looks as nobody should be."

GloomyIzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexcraft: @heehaho:

"Why would I settle for internet piracy when I have the black arts at my fingertips," Izzy deadpanned, turning her black-lined eyes back to her sister and flopping into a seat at the edge of the dining room, close enough to lean over the counter and stay in the kitchen in a social aspect. In all honesty Izzy did get up to a fair deal of internet piracy, since her skills at witchcraft were mediocre at best and even then, one couldn't use witchcraft to watch Attack on Titan, now could one?

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hexcraft

@gloomyizzy: @heehaho:

Feeling the groceries were done and confident Sparkles was done drying a rather impressive acrobatic cartwheel brought Katie over the couch and landing comfortably on the couch beside her sister as she dived back into meticulously cleaning the chainsaw. "So you've mastered it then. Care to show off pleeeease. Seriously dad's all nerdy I never get to see some magic."

GloomyIzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexcraft:

"I-I..." Izzy choked, swallowing hard when asked straight-up to show what she was capable of. "I, um, it takes... like I have to..." She totally sucked at magic. The only thing she could even do without hours of reading, preparation, and material components were her minor hexes... and considering the near proximity of a chainsaw, she felt that unleashing some bad luck right now may not have been a particularly good idea. "It takes time, I can't just like... do it." By Athena! This must be what erectile dysfunction feels like!

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gloomyizzy:

An obnoxious shoulder bump was sent her sisters way to try and cheer her up. "Oh relax it's not like I'm asking you to summon Beelzebub or whatever. Just do something cool. I know a lot of magic takes work or whatever but surely you've a few quick moves." Turning to force jade eyes meet her own crystalline iris she made the widest saddest most unbearably cute puppy dog eyes expression she could muster. "Please my little bewitching sister show me dem skillz."

GloomyIzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexcraft:

The younger girl somehow managed to sulk actively, folding her arms and pushing her bottom lip out, looking around the room for something to hex. Maybe if she could just try to create a minor field of bad luck, she could....

Extending one fingertip, a little pulse of violet energy extended from Izzy's hand and lanced across the room, bumping into a stone vase that she figured wouldn't break if anything happened to it. Naturally, it rolled off its shelf, hit the corner of a folding chair, causing that to fall, which then hit the edge of another nearby shelf. The screw holding the corner of it on had apparently already been loose, and popped out, causing the shelf to topple. This made a crystal ball perched on top of that to roll down, bumping against a coffee table and firing across the room, eventually (inevitably) hitting Kate's chainsaw and somehow managing to turn it on. As the roar of the machine boomed throughout the living room, Izzy held up her hands helplessly. "That's what I do."

Skysword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[This thread is funny lol. Nice work!]

GloomyIzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skysword said:

[This thread is funny lol. Nice work!]

[ >^.^< ]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexcraft: @gloomyizzy:

"Now that wasn't a very successful spell, was it?" said a voice rather filled with contempt. A figure, slim and sort of athletic, strode down the stairs, towards Izzy and Catherine. Johnathan wore an expression of amused derision at the effects of his Izzy's spell. To siphon off some of his boredom, he had employed into his usual antics of mocking his downcast older sister. With a slight sneer, he took a seat next to the pair of them. His eyes narrowed at the chainsaw, which seemed to have been turned on during Izzy's attempted spell. He ever so slightly edged away from the machine.

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A following almost impossible sequence occurred as enjoyably comedic as it was destructive. Her eyes followed with excited glee, her other half ridding the blonde of concern. A quick swipe turning the saw off afterward. Thankfully with her saw being dissassembled and mid cleaning Sparkles did little more then make noise. And at the end of the destructive and odd power display Catherine through arms in the air in excitement, before hugging her sister tightly. "Oh My God! That was awesome my sister is the coolest!" Katie not having seen much magic obviously thought her sister exceptional and was supper proud.

GloomyIzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexcraft: @dreadpool10:

Overwhelmed with both the embarrassment of her hex gone awry and the awkwardness of the mixed responses from her siblings, Izzy just sulked harder, slinking down into the couch and folding her arms again. "Don't be a jerk, Jon," she grumbled resentfully -- Jonathan seemed to get all the cool powers, and Kate had a friggin' chainsaw, and then there was Izzy with her wonky witchcraft. No wonder she was specializing more and more on just bashing stuff's heads in.

Her sulking was broken when Catherine tossed herself at her, withering at the hug as her sister's softer, more womanly figure squished against her. "Yeah... the coolest...."

Lady_Magicka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gloomyizzy: @hexcraft:

Alex walked into the kitchen, following the sounds of the Delancey family. She rubbed sleep from her eyes with her normal hand, having just woke up from a much needed nap. As she stepped into the large well lighted area she saw a weak sprite of dark magic bouncing around the room like a rubber ball. Apparently Izzy had tried to perform another spell.

Alex felt bad for Izzy, the girl thought she was terrible at magic. She had some ability, which only came from a bloodline, but not much in the way of talent. With practice though she could get better. The girl needed a proper teacher. She already had a circle. As standoffish as she acted, she was close to her family, and that was the essence of a magic circle.

Alex felt awkward offering Izzy advice though. It made her feel old. As nice as Dr Delancey, and the rest were, she still felt an intruder here. "Did I smell lunch?" She asked hopefully as her stomach rumbled.

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Just a heads up I'm off to work, >.> damn it)

Relinquishing her sister she proceeded to extend fist towards her brother for a classic fist bump ever being the bright and optimist in the family. "Sup little bro! And don't tease Izzy you and I don't have some hex power the hell would we know? I'm sure that was intentional." Her perky demeanor desperate to be supportive almost to a point of being down right annoying. "Hey Alex! Have whatever Walter just brought more food and our casa es su casa." And thus she began reassembling Sparkles having properly cleaned the chainsaw with loving care. The amount of red that stained the towel beneath it a testament to a surplus of undead kills, not that she'd brag about her unpaid zombie killing sprees.

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GloomyIzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heehaho: @lady_magicka: @hexcraft: @dreadpool10:

"The Michelin Boy over there got chicken if you're interested," Izzy intoned in response to Alex, reluctantly snuggling with her sister, who was still coiled around her. She did her best to act like she got absolutely no enjoyment out of it, and actually did a pretty good job for the most part.

Alex was one of the few people around this place that the teen witch actually looked up to. She'd seen some of the stuff she'd done, even if she'd been holding back for the most part when on duty with the DCPIE. Maybe not the witch Izzy wanted to be, but certainly the witch she'd rather be as opposed to the witch she currently was.

HeeHaHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HeeHaHo

Walter was eating some chicken wings when he heard the chainsaw go off. He quietly put an entire wing in his mouth and went over to the stairs. "I don't want to be blamed for this so I will be in the attic.....I mean my room....my....attic room". As the demon said this he continued going to his dusty, cramped room. "Damn kids always getting me in trouble. Their father is going to come home and blame me, leaving poor old Walter to clean up" he thought to himself. The snow demon remembered a time when he was eating caviar with the Tsar and then went to discuss politics with Gogol. Walter needed a walk down memory lane.

When the demon went into his attic room he pulled up one of the floorboards. Underneath it was a key. He then turned to his trunk and unlocked it. He took out a file that read "Project: Kennedy Assassination" and tossed it to the side of the room. He then pulled out a signed copy of the Communist Manifesto and put it to the side. He dug deeper and deeper into the trunk moving aside objects such as his painting of Catherine the Great and some books by Gogol. He finally stopped when he pulled out an old hat. He then put it on and turned towards the mirror. "I guess I could wear this for Halloween or something". Walter proceeded to put everything else back in the trunk.

Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to join.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

interesting

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_splits_:

After the mundane moment in the living room, or strange if not accustomed to the family the oldest sister grabbed a shower changed to casual short shorts and tank, dropped the cheer uniform in the washer and then made way to her father. Signature pigtails bounced as she skipped through the halls to her iPod playing Lindsey Sterling. Riding the guard rail down the stairs to the basement. She couldn't make sense of most the gadgetry tech wasn't her fortee but she still found the room astounding. Part of this being the variety buttons that were just so damn tempting to press. Hopping onto the desk in use graceful enough to not damage a thing yet still be deliberately in the way.

"Hey daaad, god damn I love you. You're so cool, and that's not me being a kiss ass I do mean it." A master of being honest and sweet yet still say she wanted something. "Remember when after the you know, It was my eleventh bday and we made Sparkles? Good times, I was wondering if we could make another gizmo." A drawing was pulled from her pocket. The design precise, while marked with notes of 'insert techno babble here' near all the tech aspects. "It's a whip, well flail I think is the true term I think. It'd grab items, case them in some protective bubble and work as a ranged weapon. Imagine how awesome your Katie would look bashing undead heads in using a head on a chain!"

(I came up with a way to reference Lollipop Chainsaw's gimmick of the boyfriends severed head <.< boring work leads my mind strange places lol)

@darkchild: I now have to resist the urge to send Hexcraft after Malcom and Az(myself) lol

@heehaho: I lol'd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heehaho: @lady_magicka: @hexcraft: @gloomyizzy:

Johnathan gave a curt nod to acknowledge Alex's presence. By now, he was use to her presence, but didn't think too much of it. His eyes lingered upon his cheery (And somewhat irritating) sister, Cat. He always found her knack of remaining 100% optimistic rather strange. Merge that with the fact that she clearly didn't recognize the failed spell and all around oddness, Johnathan wasn't entirely sure of her sanity (But he kept that to himself, of course). Just at that moment, Jon's stomach rumbled. He hadn't realized how ravenous he was, and hastily sought the little demon, Walter.

"Hey, Walter, got anymore of those chicken wings?" He called out.

_Splits_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By _Splits_

@cerberus_: You sure? He doesn't seem like a good guy... more like someone they'd be hired to take care of >.>

@hexcraft:

"And the boson converter here, and the neutrona wand goes... Oh!" The ever scientific Dexter DeLancey muttered to himself, earphones playing a soothing tone as he worked on the newest design for his new DeLancey Pack accessory. That is, until he was so abruptly interrupted by the bubbliest of his children, Catherine, landing atop his desk and sending his work askew.

Pulling off his headphones, Dexter raises a brow at his daughter as she tried so desperately to flatter him, shaking his head and sighing... he knew what this was about, her birthday was coming up this Halloween. "Yes yes, Catherine, just show me what you want." Dexter puts on a semi-fake smirk while his daughter pulled out her own little design sheet, a rather well drawn one at that.

Examining the weapon design, he shook his own head when his eyes found the metal head adorning the tip of the gizmo. "I don't know about the... artistic aspect, sweety." Sighing and looking back up, the paranormal genius couldn't help but smile at the bubbly girl... even when her cheerleader outfit was covered in blood. "But I'll consider it, a little closer to your birthday." He had always spoiled Catherine, ever since the traumatic possession incident...

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SweetSnowbell

[ "WHO SUMMONS THE DEMON NYMPHIXIA?!" ]

Edit: for some reason I thought I was on my Nyx account.