Death's Preparations

Lyre_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Within the depths of the Life After, The Head Servant Of Sei, sat on her throne, pondering the situation at hand. A few days ago, Lady Sei had come to deliver a tome with the majority of her divinity within. The Goddess proceeded to tell her to keep it safe which she did, putting it within the core of the Afterlife known as Death's Vault.

But knowing the Grimoire Of Genesis, the title Lyre had now given it, was secure didn't worry her. It was the fact that it existed in the first place that made her worry. As of now, The Second Ethereal stood vulnerable, completely and utterly mortal. Lyre herself would never utter the thought of betrayal, but she wasn't the only one who served Sei. The Second Ethereal had been a maternal figure ever since she was a child….

5000 Years Ago

The War Of Gods was reaching a climax, the First Ethereal, after destroying the Fourth Kingdom in complete silence, was turning his attention to the Second and Third. His Vanguards with godlike abilities known as "Absolutions" were ready to set the green world of the Second District ablaze.

Ten year old Lyre was oblivious to this war, her own tribe of Man was very isolated, surrounded completely by steep hills and deep rivers. And while others fought and died at the hands at the Angels Of Death (The name of the Vanguardian Army), she was experimenting with the Mado Arts, resurrecting dead rats and small wildlife.

Yet, her tribe saw her actions as an abomination to Sei. So they exiled her, sending her away to the depths of the forests. In her exile, she saw the product of war. The deaths and restless spirits on both sides. Amongst all this blood and gore, Lyre didnt feel fear nor trepidation, instead she wanted to give their spirits rest.

It was then, in that reflection, that Sei was standing besides her, her comforting presence enveloping her entirety. When Lyre showed the Goddess Of Life her ability to raise the undead, instead of scolding her, Sei took her underneath her wings. Providing her the workspace, (the Life After) to work.

It was only a couple centuries later when Lyre formed the Silence and utilized them in the battle against the Vanguards, turning their own dead soldiers against them. The efforts of the Third and Second Ethereal and their respective districts was enough to push the First back into their own.

The Silence
The Silence

The Present

But now the tides seemed to smell of espionage. Sei was slowly losing her abilities, which may be signs of an upcoming attack. The Puppeteer Of The Afterlife needed to make sure the others servants were ready. Disguising her true self, and teleporting her throne into Death's Vault, she made her way up to the Land Of The Living. On her way to alert the other Servants of Sei.

@levi_laos

Levi_Laos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Levi_Laos

Seoul, S. Korea

@lyre_

Smoke.

"C'mon, you're going to have to do better then that if you want to stay as my strongest soldier"

A silky hollow eluded through the plumes of dust and smoke that was left lingering in the air-conditioned atmosphere. Impossible to pinpoint. As it was everywhere, yet, nowhere.

"I am sorry, my king, you are just too powerful-

That never stopped you before, did it?"

The meek voice in the center of all the smoke surveyed their surroundings sharply. Steeling their senses as accurately they could, the patronized soldier dashed leftwards into the dust, inadvertently catching a palm into their face.

"Kudos to you, you found me"

The soldier crept their eyes upwards in-between the skull-crushing grasp, catching the sharp gaze of dual purple irises.

"Though I assume-

Kueck-!

It wasn't eno-!"

Within moments the soldier's skull was crushed in the wide grasp.

----

Shadow Soldiers
Shadow Soldiers

"To think you didn't lay a scratch on me, I swear you got weaker after I reawakened you, what's going on Noct?"

"I am sorry for my puny strength, my king."

Noct - the "Strongest Soldier" - knelt before it's king. The large bug creature eluded a dark purple vibrancy in the form of wispy smoke, matching hue of his own kings power.

"Well"

The king rubbed the back of his neck, black hair brushing across his hand slightly.

"it isn't entirely your fault, I am ever-growing after all"

The King, Levi Laos, recalling Noct back into his own shadow, walked off of the sparring stage, tossing a towel over his broad shoulder.

This is bad. If my strongest isn't able to keep up with me, my advantage in numbers will only serve as fodder. I need to get them stronger, though there isn't anybody other then myself that can do that.

Well, not anyone I know anyw-

A strange aura of dark magic loomed over Levi, someone had just breached the realm of the living, from, underneath?

Oh?