Avatar image for nemesis_liafador
Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@catalina_liafador:

Catalina couldn’t have chosen better music? The light chimes of what sounded like spa music intended for aiding in meditation piped through the speakers of the sleek elevator as Isis rode direct up from the ground floor to the penthouse. To her sister.

She had no idea what to expect and in truth, had regretted this endeavor from the get-go, a feeling that continued and progressed as a pit in her stomach as proceeded.

Blue electricity arced from her fingertips in an unknowing echo of her sister’s own preparations. Her gift from the Pit, one the she rarely displayed and which had never been confirmed from the family. Zeon had utilized her gifts from the Pit, perhaps moreso than any other Liafador, and as such it was often forgotten that Isis was the first of their generation to complete it.

She clenched her fist, pulling the energy back into her, as the elevator doors pinged. If she walked into Catalina’s home ready for war, then she was sure that it was war she would find on the other side of the door. Isis had gone head to head with her beloved sister enough times to be able to soak damage, should Catalina start off with violence.

Instead, Isis stood in shock for just a moment as the doors opened and she saw Ziccarra standing before her. She stood in stunned silence, moving only as the elevator doors began to close, and even then only moving enough to step into the foyer entrance.

Panic and shock sank deep into her gut like a poison as she stood there like a deer caught in headlights. It wasn’t Ziccarra, despite the fact the woman standing in front of her could have been her aunt’s carbon copy. It was Catalina - she would always be able to recognize her sister, come hell or high water or body snatches. This family had always been full of whacky shit, but this really took the cake. There was some sick irony in this, considering her sister had once accused her of becoming a carbon copy of her aunt.

As soon as she had started coming to grips with that, her attention was drawn to the young woman standing next to Catalina. Mom? Isis’s heart cracked in her chest as she fought to maintain a normal breathing pattern. Her vision went grey at the edges as she dug her nails into her palms, the quick bite of pain bringing her back.

Catalina had confided in her about a miscarriage at a criminally young age, but she had never… this was. Who was this girl? She had the same striking Iberian features that Catalina and Ziccarra carried and the natural Liafador confidence imbued in every iota of her being. But what… how? Isis softened for just a moment, her gaze sad and wistful as many could-have-beens filtered through her.

And then she refocused her attention on Catalina, every inch of her ready for a fight she knew may be coming. She’d been absent from the family for too long to have a smooth re-entrance - something she wasn’t even sure she wanted. In fact, she was pretty sure she did not.

They called her the Liafador Ravager, and it was a name well-earned in the darkness and shadows. She had excised connections to the family, knowing that there would be one day she would have to play the reaper and bring them back under control. She was worried that day was fast approaching.

Catalina and Isis had always had a preternatural link. They had both done work, intentional and accidental, to sever it over the years. It was damaged and probably without hope to repair. They had once been treated as twins, and this link between them had functioned very much as twin telepathy. She wasn’t sure if Cat had been sensing the same stirrings that she had. Had been having the same nightmares dripping in blood and death.

“She’s yours?” Isis whispered, her voice barely a yearning whisper upon the wind. She quickly tamped down the heartache she was afraid was being telegraphed all over her face and instead cleared her throat.

She still hadn’t made any move to come in further than the foyer. She knew that Catalina would defend her homestead to the last, and she no longer knew how she was received.

“I’m here because I’ve been having dreams. Of blood and death and uprisings and…Sabella. Have you been having the same?”

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild:

No Caption Provided

Cat disgustingly snacked on her shrimp while Jones began. Even with the prawns gliding through her mouth she kept eye contact, probably to the point where it became disgusting.

She'd never heard of him, his island or Darkchild. Probably due to her own exploits, but she did take interest in the fact that he'd met not only her mother but her sister too. "Well" She started before pouring Jones another glass.

"I can assure you I don't recall seeing an invitation. Secondly, you gotta admit Darkchild sounds pretty evil". Cat poured a bit more vodka into his glass before taking the rest to the head to finish it off.

"Also you don't have to apologize to me, because I don't even know who you are," She said with a slight shrug of the shoulders. "But I can respect the whole redemption thing, I'm sort of on one myself. Not too long ago, I was very similar to you. Hell, we might've worked together I don't really know because I was doing a lot of drugs. But for me, I've isolated myself here because well as you can see I'm pretty much my mom. I have to face judgment for my own actions and find a way not to be persecuted for hers.

Catalina's redemption arc was a little odd, specifically because she was still on the run from the police. Every now and then she'd help someone out, only because if she didn't it'd be an inconvenience to her. "I'm not entirely sure I'm the one who can help you"

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesis_liafador:

No Caption Provided

The darkness in Mari's palms eventually fizzled out, once she realized this woman meant something to her mother. It was odd since the two of them reunited she never saw her mother so pale. Mari was around long enough to tell when she was related to someone, their family carried specific features that were impossible to miss.

"Uh-um yes, this is Maricela" Cat manage to spit out still in somewhat of a shock. Despite Mari's energy fading, the mother-daughter duo kept their defensive postures, Mari's wouldn't fall until her mom did.

“I’m here because I’ve been having dreams. Of blood and death and uprisings and…Sabella. Have you been having the same?”

Cat's pencil-thin eyebrows relaxed a bit. "It sounds to me like you're in need of a therapist" Cat replied sharply only to have Mari's elbow plow into her side. "Fine Fine Fine. Come in. I'm a wanted person you know" Cat called out throwing up her hands in protest. Mari kept her distance, far enough to not be the victim of an attack, but close enough to attack, should the woman decide to attack her mother.

Cat moved to the kitchen table to pour herself a drink, knowing Mari was protecting her blindside. "Just a second, Mari go to your room" Cat could handle herself, but whatever words her sister had, she didn't want her daughter to hear.

Mari took a prolonged look at Isis and then turned back to her mother. She then snapped her hands and transformed the entire living room into her actual bedroom. The mother-daughter duo shared a tense look followed by Cat shaking her head disapprovingly, but she could see the stubborn teen wasn't going to yield.

"I haven't been having dreams of Blood, Death, and Uprisings. I've been living them. But Sabella? Funny you should say, she's been uncharacteristically quiet as of late." Cat retort her words laced with contempt. "Zeon has killed the Matriarch. Oh! I guess I should back up. After Zeon killed my mother she sold her sold to, our Grandfather, and now holds the power of a Cardinal demon."

Cat moved from around the kitchen table folding her arms just a few paces off.

No Caption Provided

"I fought her, beat her barley. But I couldn't kill her. Maya did kill her, but somehow she returned. She set off to kill her father, Marcos. Was met by Chance, her sister, and another one Marcos' bastard children. Chance killed Marcos, and Zeon killed Chance. Chance was the Matriarch. Now that you're all caught up you plan on leaving again? That's what you do best isn't it Isis?"

Cat could feel the anger swelling up inside of her, the same anger she had when she confronted Leo about abandoning the family. The two of them were close at one point, twins almost.

But now Cat stood 5'11, the spitting image of Ziccarra trying to be the only stable element of this chaotic family.

"You come back because you've been having Nightmares, while the rest of us, Tassi included are living them. Oh! where are my F#ing manners, Mari this is your aunt Isis, say hello cause the next time you see her, you might have kids of your own"

Mari rose from her bed and moved into a position between her mother and newly acquainted aunt. "You know what's wrong with this family?" Mari called out and pointing toward both of them.

"This. You guys focus on the past way too much." Her head turned in the direction of her clearly angry mother. "You haven't seen her in years, yet instead of embracing her. You attack her for her absence. Instead of celebrating her presence. And You," she turned to Isis "haven't seen her in years. Instead of greeting her with open arms, you come with a dark prophecy. You guys are sisters. BE SISTERS. Hug each other."

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#304 Feral Nova  Moderator

LMAO I love Mari xD

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

@catalina_liafador:

Finishing the last of his drink he sets it down on the table and takes a breath before standing and moving towards a window that looks out into the city. People going amongst there lives moving around far below. thinking for a moment he begins talking this time not looking to Catalina "Help is not wish for myself, I come here to see if you would come with me to my own island. Perhaps I could help you, I understand the need to leave the shadow that was cast upon you. I am always in that shadow no matter if I want to or not. I know that it will take many lives to live for myself to ever be free of it, but I am making an effort to be rid of it." Now turning back to Catalina his hand in his jacket, he quickly pulls out something and sets it on the table before her a single seed. Small and easy to miss if she was not to be looking directly at it. "That is what I am hoping to build a better future for myself and those who wish to do the same, it seems meaningless now but once you see what it can become perhaps it will come into focus for you...." sitting back down he sighed deep as memories of two years prior fill his mind.

"Two years ago, this meeting would of been something aweful and I would have brought my entire world down upon anything that did not see it my way. But I was shown something diffierent, something that I could not force to happen. A woman came into my life, and in short time allowed me to pry myself from the cage Gen created for me inside my own body, and after that I was at peace..." Jones gripped the table as he held his anger in, the wood cracking instantly down the middle and stopping just short of where Catalina had been leaning "Then that peace was taken from me, but I made a promise with her as she slowly slipped away. That I would change this world for the better, that I would do it without bloodshed for as long as possible if not forever. She knew that it was going to be hard for me to not answer my instincts but trusted and believed I could make it happen. So that seed before you was where I started, first thing I changed in this world. Of course the first prototype was not to flourish, but that seed is a symbol. A symbol for change, and that it is possible to bring something from something so humble to something massive and world changing. Catalina, I came here hoping that another invitation could be given to you and this time seeing it you might agree to come." his eyes were for those moments as he spoke clear, they shown emotions ones that he tried to hide for years and never felt. But they also showed something else, that he was speaking the truth and was sincere. Those somber emotions transformed into a bright smile as he ended his little speech with "Plus the sea life around the Island is bountiful...so much shrimp you could eat to your heats content until the end."

No Caption Provided

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: (I need to end this)

No Caption Provided

He was enigmatic, probably because she didn't know who he was, but more so because he seemed to be affected by something in his past, something only those who knew him could testify to. But at this moment she felt like a therapist, a therapist who was owed $150 for the table he just broke.

"That's very beautiful and all, but it seems like you want me to up and relocate to your island. That I can't do. You very well may be able to help me, but I'm not asking for it. We've taken similar paths up to this point, but our paths don't intersect. You knew my mother I'm not her. Perhaps one of these days I will visit your island, but at the moment I won't come. But when I do come, I'll make sure to invoice you for the table you just ruined."

Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador:

Maricela. Isis fought the lump in her throat as she looked Catalina’s daughter, her niece, up and down. She carried the same features that her mother had previous to her transformation, a subject Isis was not even going to begin to approach. Isis focused on the young Liafador as her sister rightfully tore into her.

Cat’s barbs launched and struck, digging into her skin and burrowing into her soul. Isis fought back the wince as she followed her sister into the luxurious living room, her back ramrod straight, still bracing for an attack should it come. She saw that Mari did the same, moving with a tactical ease that broke some part of Isis. Much of what she did was so that the next generation would not have to carry the same trauma that hers did.

Isis tracked her sister as she poured clear alcohol into a tumbler, and bit bqck a smile as Mari exhibited the classic Liafador sass. She reminded Isis of what Catalina could have been if circumstances had been different. It was so clear that she was safe and loved and cared for, and another piece of Isis shattered into pieces at the thought of what her sister could have had. Something in Isis was cold and stone and had been broken by the betrayals of Ziccarra and Quintus, in a way that her father hadn’t managed to break her as a child. Catalina was broken in different ways. Mari seemed whole. Or at least secure.

And powerful, Isis noted, as Mari altered the room with but a thought.

Isis stood there, her hands at her sides as Cat laid into her with a voice like a whip, every new recounting another lash that cut deep into her flesh. The family had fallen to pieces. She had removed herself in a bid to protect them, and instead had been so far gone she had been unable to do anything to stop the bloodflow, all stemming from Zeon. Isis refused to rebut anything. Catalina would never understand, should never have to understand the burden that Isis had willfully taken on, albiet poorly so, it would appear. The last time that Isis had come to her family for help and tried to explain an absence, she had launched the famiy into a war against the Knightfalls. She refused to be responsible for any such thing happening again.

There were additional circumstances, Isis thought, that explained her absence that she willed never to come to light, for if they did, all she had done so far was lost.

Instead she stood there, a wet sheen in her eyes, simply nodding in agreement as Catalina rightfully tore into her. She swallowed past the lump in her throat, as she fought the urge to explain, to rationalize, to placate, all the time knowing that she didn’t deserve Catalina’s understanding or forgiveness, and that this verbal lashing was the least of what she had coming to her.

Isis was well accustomed to wounds that shredded her skin and resulted in blood. These wounds were of a different sort, and all of her own making. This was but a small portion of her penance.

She winced again, her nails biting into the soft flesh of her palms, as Mari lobbed a verbal bomb at the two sisters. She shouldn’t have come at all. She should have come before now. She should be different.

Warmer, more loving, more in touch. She shouldn’t be hiding the secret that she was. There were too many shoulds, and they threatened to drown her under the implied woulds, and coulds.

But she was here, and so she could only trudge forward on the current trajectory, ignoring all the alarm bells in her head that warned her of the consequences for what she was about to do.

Be sisters.” The lashed order was foreign to her. What had family ever been to a Liafador but a wound in the gut? Blood turned on blood, spouse on spouse. Not even Tassi, the most innocent, the most pure, had been free from it. If family wasn’t loyal to Tassi what the hell was family anyways?

Sisters.

She turned the word around in her head as her gaze narrowed on Maricela in dangerous contemplation. Maybe they could build it, become better than what they had been given. Maybe trauma wasn’t an ingrained genetic, but a wound from which scar tissue grew and the body became stronger. She had to find a way to make things better for the next generation or all was lost, and if she couldn’t start by trying to bridge the gap with Catalina?

Sisters.

This may be all for naught, but at least it was hers.

Isis stepped forward without further thought and wrapped her arms around Catalina, resting her head in the crook of her neck, not bearing to even entertain the very real possibility that Catalina could and would turn her away.

Where the two used to be of equal heights, Isis was now forced to tiptoes, but it did nothing to stop her forward trajectory as she landed in her sister’s arms.

Silent hot tears fell onto Catalina’s neck as Isis tried to hold back sobs at all they had lost, but all they could still gain. “I missed you. I'm sorry,” she whispered against Cat, as she tried to gather herself together with no success.

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imma cry

Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesis_liafador:

Cat's eyes locked on her daughter; she sounded like a Liafador and looked like one too; but it was hard to pinpoint the origins of her wisdom, which she typically credited to her unknown father.

Mari's proximity alarmed Cat; should Isis decide to attack, there would be nothing preventing her from doing so. Mari could be hard to deal with at times, sometimes even downright disrespectful, but she had a passion for seeing her mother happy. She understood why Catalina gave her up all those years ago, increasingly more so now; happiness meant making amends with everyone Cat felt wronged her. Though she was sure, the feelings were mutual.

The distance between the gradually waned as Isis closed the distance between them. Internally she could see the Renegade Liafador breaking down, but Cat's fierce visage wouldn't yield, or so she thought.

The closer Isis got, the more her guilt and sadness began to personify. Her hands picked up a slow shake; red swarmed over her olive-toned cheeks that act as a herald to a potential tear-storm. Her head shot skyward as she struggled to hold back the aged tears built up from their last encounter. In times past, this was the point; Isis would back Catalina into a corner emotionally, and the Dark Queen would lash out with a deadly force to not appear vulnerable. There were only two siblings that she shared a connection with that were older than her, Leonel and Isis, while her presence was a beacon of hope for the likes of Tassi and Maya, she often felt like HER older siblings had forgotten about her. Catalina felt like they left her to bear the burden on her own. Even as Isis's constrict her lithe body, Cat wished they'd fight it out how they used to, at least then she wouldn't have to deal with this.

Then the tears of her sister anoint Cat's neck, and the 5'11 Liafador goddess herald lost it. Cat's arms grasp her sister, pulling her tight, her tears cascading down the curves of her cheeks before falling on Isis' forehead. She chuckled, in years past, these two looked upon one another as equals, but now Cat was taller. Looking down upon her sister with the same reverence she had as a teen. "I'm sorry too." Her thick Iberian accent prominent as it 'groundhogged' through her sniffles.

"This is me," Cat called out using her head to encompass everything she'd gained in the last couple of years, the penthouse her new body, but probably the most important new element was Mari.

Cat patted her sister on the back before breaking away, extending her free arm to Mari to give the two a formal introduction. "Isis, I want you to meet Mari. The reason I'll probably end up in an old people home." Mari moved into Cat's arm, clearly reveling in her work to reconcile the two women.

Mari's demeanor finally relaxed to the point where she slid from under her mother's arms to hug her aunt in goodwill. "It's nice to meet you finally." She called out before bursting into a full-blown smile.

Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#312 Feral Nova  Moderator

We Need To Talk About Sadsturbation

Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador:

The moment that Cat’s tears fell upon Isis’s neck it was as if a whole new deluge was set free. Her body shook in her sister’s arms as if she was exorcising demons that had laid within her for far too long; demons set free through her tears, through her breakdown.

Isis looked up, sniffling, as Cat proclaimed. Her canny eyes caught every little detail. This wasn’t just a hidey-hole for Cat; very clearly not a place for temporary rest and respite. She had turned this place into a home, for both her and her daughter. It showed the maturity of her barely-younger sister, and an ache rooted deep in Isis’s heart, that she had missed this journey, this growing. She had missed Cat.

“You’re looking pretty good,” Isis said, sniffling past the snot that had built up in her nose and brushing the streaks of tears from her cheeks with the roughened backs of her hands.

She turned to Mari, fighting back a brand new deluge. She was perfect. She could see Cat’s bones in her, the strong Liafador sense of self, and the strength that imbued every woman in their family. But she had something different, something that no other Liafador could lay claim to, something that was wholly and entirely her own. She was extraordinary. Her… niece. Isis tested the word in her head. While her circumstances may have recently changed, she never really pictured herself growing old with a large extended family around her. Frankly, she never pictured herself growing old at all.

“You would have ended up in an old ladies home all by yourself, likely with me right by your side,” Isis joked through the remnants of her tears, while continuing to look adoringly at Mari.

“She’s perfect,” Isis whispered, her heart in her throat all over again. Usually it was only Santi who could bring this level of emotion out of her, but this… Isis had laid her heart at her fcking feet and it was at the mercy of Catalina and Mari. Everything she had was theirs in this moment; the entirety of the Liafador Ravager stripped bare.

“You’re perfect,” Isis reiterated as she pulled Mari close to her in a crushing embrace. She had missed so much with her family, by choice, because she’d thought it was what was best. And she still did think that. Keeping an emotional distance between herself and the rest of the Liafadors was self-preservation. But maybe what she was learning was that self-preservation didn’t outweigh the feeling that washed over her with her arms wrapped around Mari. “I’m so happy to know you.”

The megawatt grin spread across Mari’s face was reminiscent of the bulb-bursting grin that Maya and Selene so often employed, to the charmed detriment of all.

Isis held her tight, then reached up to push several strands of hair off of her face, gently cupping her bronzed skin between her hands. Looking over to Cat, with dread in her stomach, Isis mulled her next words, hesitating to break the perfection of the moment.

But she had come here with bad news, and she knew that more landmines lay ahead. “I know something is going on with the family right now, and I know all you’ve just told me. I can’t do anything to change what’s happened, but will you let me know if there’s anything I can do?”

Isis let go of every ounce of pride she had, fully expecting to be shown the door. If roles were reversed she wouldn’t trust her an inch.