Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@catalina_liafador:

No Caption Provided

"I restore old artifacts, but more and more I find myself wanting to do more. Do something to help people. Which is ridiculously against my nature because I hate people"

Cadmus related heavily to her words, like...deep. Being raised on the run for most of his life had caused him to be extremely antisocial. The fact that he spent most of his time as a contact assassin didn't help with his social life. Catalina would be one of the first people he had a decent conversation with since Zeon. But Cadmus despite his lethal pastime didn't hate the world, nor did he want people to be hurt, least of all by his own blood.

"Zoe...is going to kill me. I don't know what's propelling Zeon these days, it used to be Chance. Now, I don't know. But I think if we locate Chance we can find Zeon. Perhaps your other sister too. I'm not going against Zeon unprepared."

The Twilight Assassin's eyes gazed upon his cousin and his head nodded beyond it's own accord. Cadmus was ready, to meet his younger sister and stop his other sister but then his mind did a double take.

Perhaps your other sister too

A golden flicker appeared in his eyes and he sighed. "So I have three sisters, no brothers? Who's the other one?" Then taking the last swig of his beer he would stand up and grab his phone out of his pocket calling his ship to their location. "If Zeon's as bad as you say then I might need to grab something, it might help." His mind raced to a time a few years ago to a weapon that he had placed away for a time when he would later need it.

"How much do you know about the Cardinal Religion"

Cadmus's eyes would narrow slightly as he thought about it, in all reality he didn't know much more then the basics of anything other than the White Cardinals. "It was created by Ziccara Liafador correct? I was never really taught much of the original Cardinal origins. But I do know that the White Cardina's were created by Estella and my father back in the early 80's after the Liafadors expanded to Italy They then joined with Ziccara correct? Then it was later turned over to Zeon, and I arrive shortly afterward. That's about all I know honestly, why is it important?"

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#252 Feral Nova  Moderator

@catalina_liafador:

Zoe stood in full uniform as she adjusted the gloves that covered her hands. She could hear the thunder rumbling above them as The Fire Goddess stood her ground, her eyes focused on her love as she summoned The Prized Fighter. In a blinding lightening strike Catalina was no longer in control of her own body. Instead, the Goddess she fought, Faore, was standing before her.

Goosebumps covered her body as she could feel her muscles tense at the sight of The Goddess. There was a moment of silence between the two warriors, that was broken by Faore herself.

"Because you bested me in combat, I will work with you. But know this "Firefly" the moment I have accomplished Catalina's mission the both of you are on your own"

Before the hero could respond the two suddenly appeared inside The Crown Mall. “What the-?” She blinked for a moment realizing where they were. “You can teleport?” She asked out loud not really expecting an answer as The Prized Fighter was already on the move and Zoe followed behind. But before Nova could go into action, Faore already made the first round of attacks. She was fierce, bold and ruthless. “Well damn.” Zoe murmured as she walked up to one of the men who were now groaning in pain as they laid on their backs. “Hey, that’s my girlfriend.” Zoe smiled as she motioned to Catalina. “And she just kicked your @ss.” She couldn’t help but give a wide smile as Faore spoke up.

"Feral Nova, There are gunmen on the main floor, Two at Dior and Three near the Lacoste store. They are holding hostages. But for My sake be careful. I smell another Goddess about.

No Caption Provided

"???????" Her smile still on her face her head then tilted to the side a bit as concerned and surprise could be seen in her eyes. Did she hear right? Another Goddess? What Goddess!? This wasn’t part of the plan for today. But she couldn’t let her anxieties and fear get a hold of her, not now. “Yeah, ok, no problem. Leave it to me.” The Fire Goddess gave a stern nod as she took off running, making her way towards Dior. She stopped just around the corner as she peeked around the corner carefully. She could see at least one of the attackers patrolling the inside of the store, which meant the other was with the hostage. Sure she could go in all flames and glory but there was a chance she would burn a lot of the expensive garments in the stores... garments she wasn't about to pay for. Extending her hand she began to heat up the gun in the attackers hand. The man let out a yelp of pain as he dropped his gun, and as soon as he released it, Zoe went in. She flew ground level into the French luxury goods store and all the man was able to do was gasp before she punched him square in the jaw, knocking him out.

“Ricky?” Was all she was heard from the back of the store. “You a’right man?”

Without missing a step she turned the corner to see the terrorist standing with a gun pointed at the workers of the store. His eyes widen as he shifted his gun from the workers to her and began firing a series of rounds. Zoe’s eyes gave off a golden glow as the bullets melted before touching her body, raising the temperature of the air in front of her to the melting points of the metallic bullets. Before the man could form another plan Zoe extended her right hand as she manipulated the heat in his lungs, causing him to gasp in pain and drop his gun. The moment the gun was released Zoe too released her hold on the man as she then ran forward and placed and undercut right under the man’s chin, sending him flying back into a wall.

Turning to the hostages she knelt down before them to make sure none of them were injured. “You guys ok?” With wide eyes and tear stained cheeks the workers nod their head. Giving silent thanks for the rescue. “Stay hidden, there are still men in the building we need to take care of, ok?”

The workers nod their head as they began to move to another part of the store as Zoe used this time to tie up the unconscious men as she then began to move forward. There were how many men in the next building? Two? Yeah two sound about right. She began slowly scouting the area as she heard men shouting in the distance.

Her eyes caught sight of the Lacoste store only to hear gunfire suddenly come from Jacquemus just a couple of stores down. Her eyes widen as she ran forward, sh!t sh!t sh!t sh!t please don't let it be one of the hostages! She jumped through the class window of the store as the glass fell like jagged rain as she came face to face with a gunman. As he rose his gun to her she grabbed a rack of clothing and tossed it to the gunman, causing him to unleash his round of bullets to the ceiling instead of at her as he fell backwards. As he landed his gun fell from his hand and as Zoe marched up to pick him up, he pulled a knife on her as he jammed it into her calf before violently ripping it out.

"UGH!" The sharp pain surged up her leg as she hobbled back a step, her blood oozing from her wound as she looked at the man with a annoyance and surprise. "Really!?" She shouted as she took a hobble forward, grabbed the man by the ankle and threw his body into the wall that caused a massive hole to appear, knocking him out as another person was seen stepping out with a gun to another man's head, a hostage.

No Caption Provided

The terrorist began yelling in another language, one that Zoe didn't know. But she held out her hands, showing she wasn't armed and trying to calm the situation. "Hey, hey, hey, let's just talk about this... ok?" She spoke as calm as she could as she could see the panic in the hostage's eyes. "There's no need for any of this. Just don't hurt him, you don't gain anything from that." As she was speaking, she suddenly spiked the terrorists body temperature, causing his body to go into shock, collapsing instantly as the hostage gasped in shock, jumped forward towards Zoe, grasping her by the arm and began speaking in a language she couldn't understand. Sh!t... this is what she got for not learning a second language. "It's alright, you're fine, ok?" She tried to clam them, what she didn't know was that there was still the third person lurking about and that's what the hostage was trying to warn her about.

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadmus_liafador:

No Caption Provided

Cat's cinnamon eyes settled on him, she could see the same confusion she once shared digging into the forefront of his mind, she simply sat with her hands folded in front allowing him to catch up before she answered a few questions.

"A while ago, back when I was on the other side of justice. I guess I still am." She started, then paused realizing she'd never actually gone to trial for any of the atrocities she committed.

"Anyways, I destroyed the city of Malaga, your sister and I was kinda aligned against my brother Leo, My Sister Maya and Your sister Zeon. If I recall correctly, your father hired your sister to kill Zeon. She beat Zeon pretty bad. That's when we found out about her, The Darwinist Dictator--Honor Avenger. That's all I know about her. Based on conversations with Chance, she met Zeon shortly after that. I wouldn't be surprised if you do have a brother, but I can't say for sure."

It was in her explanation that she felt sorry for her cousin, his sister. They drove Zeon to such madness and in the end, she wanted to murder them for it. Not too long ago she kicked herself for not being a role model to her younger sisters, and she started this conversation with Cadmus the same way. Choosing self-preservation over providing guidance and mentorship.

"Take a seat" Catalina commanded realizing if she were going to help him understand what he was, she had to start in the beginning.

"The Red Cardinals began as a secret organization back during the Spanish Inquisition. Its sole purpose was to help the persecuted escape the Spanish purge. A couple of centuries later, my Great-Grandfather Ricardo Liafador restarted the Red Cardinals with blessings from Francisco Franco--who is not surprisingly a distant relative of ours. He allowed my Great Grandfather to use the Cardinals just about anything to include espionage and assassinations. From the Red Cardinals, the other Cardinals Sects came about. My mother overthrew the family Patriarchy and in it became the 1st Matriarch of the Liafador Family.

Then...I killed her. But she'd written a bunch of books called the Cardinal Laws or the 12 Principles or some sh!t and got the Cardinals to believe she was a Goddess or some sh!t. Don't judge me I was using a lot of drugs. But that's the extremely abridged version. It's important because who's ever the Matriarch has absolute control over ALL the Cardinals--It's like the Pope. Your sister Chance...She's the Matriarch.

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

No Caption Provided

The Prize Fighter wince in agitation before teleporting from the top floor down to the bottom in front of Zoe. Thrusting her Conquistador Bullwhip forward the enchanted rope push past Zoe's body unleashing a psionic shock on the third gunmen behind Zoe. Her head doubles back towards Catalina's lover simply shaking her head in disgust, how could she'd been beaten by someone like this.

"Something doesn't make sense," She said a loud moving about the store with her shield on guard. "The Television said these people were linked to the Human Trafficking ring, but why would they operate in broad daylight?" The Great Goddess questioned turning her attention back to her fiery partner.

Zoe wasn't given the time to answer, a palm hit the Prize Fighter square in the chest, one so powerful it negates the connection between Cat and Faore. Cat's body collided with a bunch of racks before tersely slamming into a counter. Durability wasn't one of Cat's strong suits, she felt as if she'd broken something. "Wha, how..." She groaned trying to at least return to her knees.

No Caption Provided

"Kitty, it's been a while" Her voice sounded familiar, Cat wince trying to surmount her concussed status to focus in on a woman that spoke with familiarity until she realized just who it was. "Cherish..." She muttered trying to get both images of the woman to stand still. Other than Zoe, Cherish was the only other person to refer to Cat as "Kitty"

"Steady Fire-Bird. I can release a scream so deafening, it can cause your little girlfriend her to explode from the inside. Think about it" Cherish retort speaking specifically to Zoe.

The tangerine dressed woman stalked Catalina crouching down at eye-level to gaze upon the woman she once referred to as her daughter.

"You've grown up to be so gorgeous. And yet so stupid. I didn't raise you to be that way. But I suppose." She stopped for a moment looking back at Zoe. "Love has made you blind. I set all of this up to see if it were true. If you were living here in Daytonville, and you are."

Cat manages to crawl toward Zoe, Cherish meant no further malice allowed the downed Spaniard to reconnect with her girlfriend, but there was a mixture of confusion and fear in the herald of the Prize Fighter. "Y-You're the Architect?" Cat manage to get out just above a whisper.

Cherish simply took a bow confirming her old friend's suspicions. Ziccarra was the first to learn of the "Architect's" existence but never uncovered the mystery, Cherish was a woman that couldn't be found unless she wanted to be found.

"You kidnapped so many children...why. After everything we've been through..." Cat managed to sit-up in the arms of her love. "Because I was in the system so long it's the only thing I know" She said with a shrug. "Oh, and I'm not a Goddess I simply siphoned your powers to trick your Goddess. Pretty neat right? Anyways, I'm giving both of you one warning. Leave me alone, because of next time. I will kill.

Cherish's gaze went to the DPD slowly moving in on them. Opening a portal the Architect vanished in old Cat fashion. "Zoe...we have to go..." Cat gasp realizing she could spend an eternity in prison if caught. The police came rushing in guns drawn. Mustering all the strength she could Cat fired a powerful psionic wave which sent the officers flying back outside the store.

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not my best but whatever

Avatar image for cadmus_liafador
Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's important because who's ever the Matriarch has absolute control over ALL the Cardinals--It's like the Pope. Your sister Chance...She's the Matriarch.

No Caption Provided

Cadmus' eyes would widen slightly as he leaned forward slightly in the chair that Catalina had directed him to use. His head would tilt to the side as realization dawned on him.

"If she has control over all of the Cardinals...that kind of power is insane. There's no way she knows that she's the Matriarch. And there's no way that Zeon would let her live, we find Chance... chances are we'd find Zeon right along with her. Maybe any of the others with her."

Cadmus could read Catalina's body language and he could feel the confliction within her, and the young Liafador would look at her with his deep brown eyes. "We can fix this, we can stop Zeon, find Chance, but I don't want to uproot your life cousin. You've established something great here, the life I've always wanted. And you've helped me understand so much, so if you don't wish to journey with me I understand."

Standing up from his seat Cadmus would glance at Catalina studying her to see if there was any regret or fear within her, any chance of her backing out. He read nothing. He smiled. Then his watch began beeping indicating that his ship had arrived to their location, it hovered above the house cloaked, silent.

"So if you're a goddess I assume you're bullet-proof right? Because our ride's here, and unless you need a sick suit of armor or have something else important to say we leave in 5."

Turning towards the door he would direct his ship to land next to the driveway and he would walk in waiting to see if Catalina would join.

"First place we're going is kinda dangerous, so get ready for a fight. I just have something I need to grab."

Scooting into the pilot seat he would lean back and ask Cat.

"Ready?"

Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadmus_liafador:

No Caption Provided

She simply eyed him with a hint of intrigue before pressing a button on her remote control which revealed a hidden compartment behind her paintings. "I just need to get my armor"

She said eying her mother's old gear with purpose. "This once belonged to my mother. I've been using it in her death, but I'm not the person who should be wearing it. Ironically enough the very first time she put this on. I was her opponent" She explained climbing into the passenger cockpit eying the controls of his vessel. "I guess the whole Invisible Jet thing just runs in the family mine is right there," Cat said pointing to an open field. "I'm not bulletproof my Goddess is. It's best if you think of me as like a Mewtwo or something like that. In the event my Goddess does decide to show her face, you need to know. She's an entirely different person than I."

She didn't know how to Prize Fighter would take to him, but given he was offering a chance for battle she didn't see Faore having a problem with it. "We're are you taking me, and why will we be getting shot at?"

Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the whole Invisible Jet thing just runs in the family mine is right there,"

Cadmus would raise an eyebrow and a slight smirk would appear on his features "Maybe it is a family thing, I just keep it cloaked because it raises fewer questions." The ship would rise in the air and blast off with a hum of silenced energy. Setting in their destination and rising from his seat Cadmus would stroll through the wide berth of his ship until he reached a panel that with a simple voice command opened to reveal his armor.

Crafted from Promethium and enhanced with the strongest materials on Earth Cadmus' armor was a thing of art and beauty. Black and orange. The colors of night and day. The Twilight assassin.

No Caption Provided

Placing his double-colored Balaclava onto his head he would return to the cockpit of the ship and look at his cousin as she asked the million-dollar question.

We're are you taking me, and why will we be getting shot at?"

"We're going to fetch a weapon I created a long time ago." Realizing that sentence had little context Cadmus would sigh and nod his head. "Right, I never really told you what I could do." Holding out his hand he would concentrate slightly and a combat knife would appear in his hand, if Catalina had enhanced senses she would be able to see the blade being birthed atom by atom, piece by piece.

No Caption Provided

"My abilities consist of being able to manipulate matter around me, to create weapons, or items that I could use in battle. I'm also extremely adept at reading and mimicking movements and fighting styles, kind of like muscle memory. But ANYWAY, after I left the White Cardinals I struck out on my own, and I kept getting into battles with beings more and more powerful each time until I reached a man known as Reform, he was a god in his own right, the most powerful being I had ever gone up against. So I used my power to create a weapon infused not just by my reality changing powers, but with ancient magic used by a group of assassins called the Caste. Using our combined powers I crafted and wielded a blade I called the GodSlayer, using it's abilities I was able to defeat reform, but I didn't know that the sword drew from my life force, killing me the more I used it. So I buried it with the Caste, and told them to guard it even from me."

Taking a breath he'd look at his cousin and nod his head "The sword can be used against Zeon and can even give us and edge over her if we're forced to fight her. But first we need to get it from the Caste. And they hang out in the Alps from what I remember."

Leaning back and sighing contently he would grab a water from below his seat and take a sip, "We got a little bit until we're out of Daytonville, so...is there anything you'd like to know about me?"

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadmus_liafador:

No Caption Provided

She appreciated the overall comfort of the ride, her plane was old rundown, and there weren't too many invisible plane mechanics on the planet. She also appreciated the subtly, because while her ship was invisible the occupants weren't. She figured she'd use it as a novelty item, something to pull out when she finally got back in good standing with the public.

Her eyes dart toward his energy manifestation as if she were perplexed, but the proceeding story was kinda the icing on the cake. "Yeah...ok, but why do we have to get shot at?" She joked a bit disgusted. In base form, she was capable enough to handle a few bullets, impervious in God-Form, but still, she hated being shot. His powers weren't unlike her own, with her complete mastery over psionic energy she was able to construct weapons from her mind, but like he was able to tap into the matter around him. "I do have a couple of questions," She asked crossing her legs whilst settling in her seat.

"So this Caste, are we talking Kung Fu Hustle type assassins or Batman League of Assassins type of Assassins? And how were you able to craft a weapon like that without it killing you in the process?" She asked beginning to put her own armor on. Hers was a lot less practical than his, it offered very little protection however in God Form it wouldn't matter anyway.

"If you knew you were related to us all this time, why did you just decide to seek us out? I mean you could've did it before when my mom was the President of Spain"

Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Yeah...ok, but why do we have to get shot at?

Cadmus' eyes would clench a little bit and a sheepish look would come across his features , though Catalina couldn't see it but the tone in his voice resembled one of a child who had done something he knew he shouldn't have done. "Well see I kinda told them to kill anyone who tried to get the blade out of the chambers Even if it was me." Predicting her reaction Cadmus would raise hands defensively, "I didn't know that I would ever need the blade again, trust me I don't like getting shot at either, or cut, or burned. And I'm not looking forward to potentially murdering my friends, But that sword is dangerous, capable of cutting down beings most would deem invincible. If we're going into a fight I need to be on a playing field similar to you guys. Especially if you're goddess is as powerful as you say, and definitely, if Zeon is as powerful as we all believe she's gotten."

LEaning back in his chair he would listen as Catalina asked her questions:

"So this Caste, are we talking Kung Fu Hustle type assassins or Batman League of Assassins type of Assassins? And how were you able to craft a weapon like that without it killing you in the process?"

"Definitely resembling more Batman League Of Assassins, but more dangerous, and more heroic I guess. They focus on the bettering of the world and the assassinations of those they deem evil. "Ducran their leader was my teacher, and the closest thing to a mother I had for a long time."

Thinking about her second question Cadmus would tap his finger on his knee lightly "Honestly, it was painful process. I almost did die. But Ducran managed to tether me before I could pass over, so then I healed myself."

"If you knew you were related to us all this time, why did you just decide to seek us out? I mean you could've did it before when my mom was the President of Spain"

Taking a sip of his water he would turn to Cat and his broad shoulders would rise slightly "Because I was afraid honestly. Zeon always told me to not to seek any of you out, or else bad things would happen. But I felt like I couldn't hide anymore. I don't know why. But I just needed to know.."

"How did you feel when you first got your powers?"

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadmus_liafador:

No Caption Provided

Instinctively her eyes rolled at his explanation, though she understood; she just wished it was something he did before coming to see her.

Caste sounded a lot like the Cardinals, well the Pre-Spain Red Cardinals, now they were just a complicated blend of religious cult and mercenaries.

"Well like I said she's not wrong" Cat responded in regards to Zeon telling him not to seek them out. Her eyes dart to her boots as she begin to fasten her shin guards around them. "I know you're like an assassin and killing is what you do. I won't be killing anyone" Cat said confidently that she could maneuver through the situation without a casualty. But her confidence was based solely on the notion that she didn't transform into the Prize Fighter.

"I think it'll be a bit hard to reestablish myself after killing people. Are we good with the rules? Beating the living sh!t out of them, yes, killing no." She said waving her index finger. It was Ironic that with her previous explanation and the answer to his current question completely contradicted each other.

"Well, like I told you I'm a replica of my mother. Cloned to be a perfect killer. My powers aren't organic they were implanted. Initially, I had the ability to steal other people's powers and use them as my own. I got really Good with manipulating Darkness and that just became my go-to. The first time I actually used them well I heh"

Cat kind of chuckled at the thought. "I used them to murder a small village in Columbia to take over the drug operation there. But to answer your question...It felt amazing" She said obnoxiously rolling her eyes. "But, I mean that's what I was created to do. By choosing not to kill is how I'm writing my own destiny. Trust me, I've killed nearly all my siblings and never felt an ounce of remorse."

She realized she sounded like she was almost gloating, but which was far from how she wanted to sound. "So, you got any significant others?"

Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador:

"I know you're like an assassin and killing is what you do. I won't be killing anyone"

Cadmus's body would tighten slightly at the mention of his job. Unlike most assassins, Cadmus doesn't do what he does for money or kicks, or because it makes him feel good. It actually does the opposite, it makes him feel terrible, every life he takes latches onto his soul and strips another piece of his humanity away. But he does it anyway; because Cadmus understands the balance between life and death and good and evil. The good should not have to be subjected and tortured by the evil man. And the evil man should not live to torture the innocent man. Cadmus doesn't believe himself to be a hero, nor does he think he's a villain, he is just someone who is. His whole life he had nothing but that death and fighting. So that's what he did, he had no identity and he severely wished to find one. The Caste gave him a purpose. A goal to strive for. But that was it.

"I understand, I hope to not have to kill anyone either." He left it at that. Everyone has feelings that are not visible, everyone does things to prevent themselves from being miserable. Being honest is what makes us believable, for our feelings may not always be reachable. Cadmus' truth is that Catalina has in this short time taught him a lot about himself. And he's learned more about who he was in the last hour then he ever has known.

"But, I mean that's what I was created to do. By choosing not to kill is how I'm writing my own destiny. Trust me, I've killed nearly all my siblings and never felt an ounce of remorse."

His cousin spoke and Cadmus' eyes upcasted slightly under his balaclava; "How many siblings do you-excuse me did you have?"

After she answered Cadmus would wait a moment letting the jet fall silent for several seconds before he spoke again, this time his voice had a desolate ring to it, his voice was dark, empty. Void of emotion.

"I often felt like I was destined to be a killer, sometimes it's like you can't escape it."

Then he retook control of the plane and steered them forward.

"So, you got any significant others?"

"Ahaha no. I've never had a girlfriend. And my mom's dead, so after Zeon and the Caste I haven't really interacted with any human I wasn't killing until you."

"How about you? You got a boyfriend?" Though after re-reading what she had said before, digging down deep and catching writing her own destiny. Cadmus paused "Or Girlfriend?"

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Catalina, so I'm not going to lie, she at times sounds somewhat psychopathic lol. But then again, its seems to run in the family.

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador: I'm not surprised, she has an obvious amount of complexity to her. Which is one of the reasons why she's my favorite. So I'm pretty impressed in regards to that ^_^

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: I think I knew at some point she was going to be my main, I think her personality is what makes her different from Ziccarra and she’s just easier to write. But Thanks! Too bad you weren’t around for Heel Cat

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadmus_liafador:

No Caption Provided

She couldn't help but instinctively scoff at his 'hope' not even an hour ago he was warning her that they'd be getting shot at. She knew these loyal...minions? guards? assassin people were going to die--she just knew none of them would be by her hand.

"I killed 3 Siblings of out 9. But of course, the 9 siblings include adopted children and Halves But I only killed the ones from my 'dad's' side." She said rolling her eyes in the process, not because the question insulted her, but more so because she referred to Kane as her dad. "I don't even wanna go into deep, but Thee Champion is not my birth father" Her eyes rolled again at the thought of Kane, she didn't consider him her father either just a genetic donor?

Her eyes peered out the window before he once again snagged her attention, his tone grew far more gothic than she was prepared for. "Whoa I didn't mean for you to go all Ozzy on me, but don't be so hard on yourself. There's plenty of worst things you could've been, at least your not a child molester. Ok, yeah that really doesn't make any sense but you get what I'm trying to say. There are plenty of horrible people in the world, YOU just have to chose the kind of killer you wanna be"

Her face struggled with her explanation, she wanted to believe she gave him sound advice, but she couldn't be so sure. 'Ugh how the eff does Maya do it' she thought visibly shaking her head in disgust.

"Ahaha no. I've never had a girlfriend. And my mom's dead, so after Zeon and the Caste I haven't really interacted with any human I wasn't killing until you."

An eyebrow perk up, his answer cleared her of previous confusion. "That doesn't sound as good as you think it does bud." She said waving a finger with an almost sarcastic smirk on her face.

"But yes, I do have a girlfriend. Her name is Zoe. I'll admit she's a bit of a doofus, but I love her." She said shrugging whilst looking around a bit paranoid as if Zoe would spontaneously appear.

Her eyes close just a bit longer, listening to the near-dead hum of the ship, it was kinda peaceful. "Ok this is boring, flying is dumb. Why didn't I just teleport us?"

Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador: If you want to just do the Caste interaction in Daytonville we can, cause it won't take long, but if you want I can set up a small event blog for us.

"Whoa I didn't mean for you to go all Ozzy on me, but don't be so hard on yourself. There's plenty of worst things you could've been, at least your not a child molester. Ok, yeah that really doesn't make any sense but you get what I'm trying to say. There are plenty of horrible people in the world, YOU just have to chose the kind of killer you wanna be"

Cadmus would give a genuine laugh and shake his balaclava-clad head, peering out of the window he would notice that they had just left the city limits. Social cues were not Cadmus' forte and he wasn't very good with people, and he sensed the same with Catalina, which put the Twilight Assassin oddly at ease. Drawing a sharp intake of breath Cadmus would lean his head back and let his eyes shut, which was a simple and easy way for him to calm, but it wasn't till moments later that Catalina spoke again; jolting his eyes back open.

"Ok this is boring, flying is dumb. Why didn't I just teleport us?"

This time it was Cadmus' turn to shift his side to her and give her a deep stare. In his tone suggested playful annoyance. "Seriously? You couldn't have said that when I said: Unless you need a sick suit of armor or have something else important to say we leave in 5." His infallible recall pulling the exact words he said back into his brain where he drifted them out to Cat.

Setting his plane back to autopilot Cadmus would say back in his normal tone "My plane can fly itself so it's still a viable option. So...what do you want to do?"

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadmus_liafador:

"Whoa!" Cat said throwing both her hands up in protest. "Don't blame me, blame yourself for assuming I needed a ride. What part of GOD-DESS don't you understand" She said with a playful shrug. "And did you seriously repeat what you said verbatim? don't do that it gives me horrible deja-vu". She continued this time holding her head.

"I can teleport us, I just need to know where we're going. A region or something. Grid Coordinates would be better because I could put us down exactly where we need to be" She explained pushing her headband over her hair to keep it from blowing in her face during combat.

"Of course if you do give me the exact grid coordinates, chances are we'll drop us right on the doorstep getting shot at in seconds."

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#273 Feral Nova  Moderator

@catalina_liafador:

Faore landed before Zoe in true hero fashion. Greeting her she gave a small wave of her hand. “Hey I think we got everyone but I haven’t seen any Godde-” but then The Prized Fighter unleashed her bullwhip that flew towards the fellow hero and Zoe couldn’t help but yelp as her entire body tensed up as she closed her eyes and grit her teeth together expecting the whip to hit her only to hear a gunman shout in pain behind her as his body was sent flying back into a wall. The Fire Goddess opened her eyes as she turned her head to see the unconscious gunner behind her. “O-oh, well… now they’re all taken care of… thanks.” Her cheeks burned with embarrassment as she followed The Prized Fighter, taking note of her defensive stance. She must still feel that other Goddess here.

"Something doesn't make sense, The Television said these people were linked to the Human Trafficking ring, but why would they operate in broad daylight?"

‘They’re getting bolder, or they wanted to draw someone out, but who?’ Was what she was going to say until a figure, from no where, appeared and slammed her palm into Faore’s chest. She watched as her love was sent flying across the store, crashing into racks as Zoe’s eyes widen. “CAT!” She shouted before turning her body to face the attacker as her hands balled into fists and becoming aflame, ready to attack.

No Caption Provided

"Cherish..."

“Cherish?” Zoe repeated out of confusion. Cat spoke about Cherish here and there, but she could have sworn Cat said she was dead. Or just MIA… she couldn’t remember which one, but she knew one thing for sure. She was about to get an a$$whop-

"Steady Fire-Bird. I can release a scream so deafening, it can cause your little girlfriend her to explode from the inside. Think about it"

With frustration Zoe lowered her hands as the fire went out and watched from a distance, not wanting to trigger Cherish and cause her to further harm her love.

"You've grown up to be so gorgeous. And yet so stupid. I didn't raise you to be that way. But I suppose. Love has made you blind. I set all of this up to see if it were true. If you were living here in Daytonville, and you are."

Her chest swelled with anger. This woman was the one who raised Cat, who supposedly saved her, and now? Why was she doing this? She watched as her love begin to make her way towards her and Zoe quickly closed the distance, crouching down besides her as she began to try and examine her body for the injuries that were preventing her to walk. Helping her sit up in the process.

The two conversed but Zoe stayed silent. There was nothing she could say that would make the situation better or worse. Then, just as quickly as she appeared, The Architect vanished into a portal. But not before threatening to kill the two if they interfered with her plans. The police then began closing in, demanding the two to come out.

"Zoe...we have to go..." Cat let loose an attack on the police officers and Zoe nod her head. Carefully scooping up her girlfriend with her arms and carrying her in true hero fashion. One arm under her legs while the other behind her back as he held her close.

“I got you Babe.” She spoke softly, trying to be careful. As the air became warm around Zoe the two lifted off the ground and before the officers could gather themselves, the Fire Goddess took flight out of the store and right up into a patch of glass along ceiling, using her back to crash through in order to protect Cat, being aware of her lack of durability.

She was quiet the rest of the way back to Catalina’s home, but the moment she opened the door and set Cat down gently on the couch.“I’m going to get some ice, ok?” Zoe began to walk over to the kitchen. Opening a draw and pulling out some ziploc bags she moved to the freezer and filled a couple of bags with ice before making her way back. The silence from Zoe hung heavy as she dropped to one knee next to Cat and began to carefully place the bags of ice along the injured areas. She was angry. Not at Cat, not even at Cherish, she was upset at herself for not protecting Cat. If she was paying better attention, maybe she could have prevented this. But right now, she couldn’t be selfish, there were other lives that were in more danger. Innocent lives.

“Those kids, we can’t turn a blind eye to them. We have to save them.” She finally broke the silence as her electric blue eyes looked up at her cinnamon eyes. “We have to hunt down Cherish.”

Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I can teleport us, I just need to know where we're going. A region or something. Grid Coordinates would be better because I could put us down exactly where we need to be"

Cadmus was going to give a sharp hint of breath to indicate that, that was a bad idea. But Cat beat him, and herself to the punch.

"Of course if you do give me the exact grid coordinates, chances are we'll drop us right on the doorstep getting shot at in seconds."

"Yeah, best not to do that. Give me a second." Cadmus' hippocampus would begin firing with electrical impulses as he dug in deep trying to remember the entire blueprint of the mountain range-wide Assassin stronghold, and as usual his mind never failed him as he picked out the perfect place to touch down.

"The coordinates to the Alps is 46.8876° N, 9.6570° E, drop us in the sky at the middle of the Mountain Range and we'll dive straight down the middle, there's a secret passage that leads to the Prayer room, from there we'll just fight or sneak our way through."

Looking at his cousin he'd give a snicker, "So. You need to hold my hand or something for this to work?"