Daytonville (CVNU Location/ Incomplete)

Shawn_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@catalina_liafador:

The wince - no matter how subtle - was no understated reaction. Not in Shawn's eyes. A mother's instincts were primal and overpowering, or so he'd heard, having never spoken to, let alone met his own mother.

"Your plan only works if she hasn't already begun spreading"

No Caption Provided

The harsh truth rang true in his mind, yet Mari remained Shawn's primary concern. The others were secondary priorities. If he was to cast the spell on Mari then lend the others his aid through different means, then so be it. As thunder cracked overhead and dark clouds rolled in with a low rumble, Shawn wore a wolf's cool focus. His mind raced through all possible alternatives, through every charm and incantation he'd read from the Mystic Arts book thus far. "If she's corrupted the others kids, then there's still a way", he scowled, the conflict and anger rising in his chest. "For Mari, I can use me left arm as the catalyst for the sealin' spell. For the other kids, I'll have to sacrifice three of me most sentimental possessions, and use them as the catalysts".

Glancing down at the gold rings gleaming on his fingers, he pushed the down the pain that dared cause his face to wince. He shut his eyes. Those three rings - earned by defeating all three champions in Belfast's premier underground metahuman fight organization -epitomized Shawn's crowning life achievement. He let no one else wear them, and no one but his father touch them. And the thought of losing them, that which represented the only worthwhile thing he'd ever done, it sent a spike lancing through his heart and turned his world to grey. Yet as his heart, bleeding and anguished sank to the pit of his stomach, he thought back to Mari, to how Chaos had taken her, he sighed, and met eyes with Catalina.

"You really like her"

"More than even I thought I did", he answered, willing to give his arm and his rings so that Mari could walk free. "You'll have me help until the deed's done. Believe dat", he swore, taking her offered hand to be teleported to the Academy with her.

The clouds rumbled and the heavens shake.

A storm was coming.

Avatar image for perdidacardenal
PerdidaCardenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador

Fareeha Island Hospital

“No one has come to claim her yet?” A male doctor standing in a white coat spoke out as he looked down upon the young 13 year old girl who had been there since last night. Brought in by a family who found her washed up on the beach.

“No Doctor, and the family that found her were only here on vacation. They left back home today.” The Nurse spoke as she hooked up another bag of fluids to the unconscious teen. “But the police are still trying to figure out where she came from.”

“Good.” he began slipping gloves on his hands. “I’ve never seen someone so young this dehydrated or starved. Her kidneys were beginning to shut down.” The doctor spoke with genuine concern as he pressed his hand against So-so’s abdomen.

The moment pressure was made, So-so’s blue eyes shot open. One hand instantly grabbed the doctor by the arm and pulled him down forcefully while the palm of her other hand slammed against his face, breaking his nose as blood began to stream down his face. The nurse screamed as So-so kick up on the bed slammed her hand against the Nurses throat, forcing her to stop screaming as she then jumped up and kicked the Nurse square in the chest as her back slammed hard against the wall, knocking her out.

Without hesitation she ripped the IV out of her arm, blood lightly oozing from where the IV once was, as she realized she was wearing nothing but a green hospital gown. It was an unpleasant circumstance but it was one she had to deal with. She ran to the window and found herself stuck five stories up but not only that… she was in Fareeha. Her brows collided together. Last thing she remembered was that she was with Mari in the Hallows. She was trying to protect her from that… creature, what was it’s name..? “Chaos.” So-so whispered. If she was here, did that mean Mari was here too?

The door to her room pushed open as her head snapped in the direction of the six foot one security guard who must have been responding to the scream of the Nurse. He began shouting at her, but So-so still felt a bit disoriented and weak. She couldn’t stick around, she had to get out. She rushed the security guard and as he tried to reach out to her, she slid under him between his legs, confusing him for a moment before pushing herself back up and running forward. Jumping, dodging, slipping around and in between nursing staff, patients and other guards that may have tried to stop her. “Mari!?” She screamed, her voice hoarse as she tried to find her cousin she promised to try and protect. A promise she failed miserably at. But then she remembered… Mari never left. Only So-so.

Her heart sank to her stomach. She had to get out of here, she had to get to Cat and tell her what happened! Still in the hospital grown she made a break for the exit with staff still trying to chase her down. As she ran out the sirens of police cars could be heard from a distance, but her bare feet never stopped hitting the pavement. She raced down the streets, trying to remember how to get back to Catalina’s home but she never stopped running. Nothing stopped her. Other people, cars, broken glass on the floor, nothing. Not even when she saw the all too familiar building. Instead she burst through the doors, breathing heavily as sweat poured down from her face. “CATALINA!” She screamed as she stumbled into the home, fatigue hitting her body as she leaned against the wall as she tried to suck more oxygen into her lungs. “Catalina!” She screamed more weakly, calling out to her cousin.

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perdidacardenal:

No Caption Provided

The young Goddess was lost in a series of google searches looking for any information on the whereabouts of Maya Summers; she was the only woman that would know what happened to Mari and So-So and for her own sake she better know.

She finally understood what the Prize Fighter wanted--blood. To appease the ancient deity Cat was fully prepared to run through anyone to reunite with her daughters. Though it was all her fault, she shouldn't have let them go. The thoughts of her own mistakes clouded focus, but as her door shot open all thoughts subsided. "Sofia!" Cat called out hearing the child before actually seeing her. Pushing away from her computer she limped around the corner to see So-So using a wall for vertical support.

"By the Goddess So-So what happened to you" She said running her hands across So-So's pale forehead with concern. She looks as if she hadn't eaten in days...weeks even had this been any other teen she would've died for sure.

Taking the teen from the wall to the couch, Cat immediately went to get a glass of water, setting down beside the girl who was essentially her second daughter. "What happened to you. Where's Mari?"

PerdidaCardenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador:

The moment her eyes laid on Cat, she felt her legs become almost like jelly. Her body knew it did what it had to, and now it was giving in to the famine it had been exposed to all this time. With Cat’s help she made it to the couch, exhaustion was seen on the young teen’s face as she tried to form words. But her mouth was so dry, that her lips were sticking to her teeth. She grasped the glass the water with her shaky hands and took a sip to help soothe her dry mouth long enough to speak to Cat.

No Caption Provided

Her blue eyes looked up to her, a mixture of fear, anger and guilt. “Chaos.” She finally spoke again. “She took control of Mari at the Academy. I-I was controlled too, I don’t remember what happened at the Academy. I just remember… one minute I was trying to help Mari and the next moment we were in… this dark place. A void… blackness… bleak skies with her… with Chaos.” She took another sip of her water. “I tried to protect her but… there was no food, no water, no shelter, no place to hide, no rest. It was worse than The Pit.” Because at least in The Pit there were enemies to fight off and food to scavenge for and shelter to be found. But in the Hallows? It was a land of nothingness. Survival wasn’t something that was possible there, only death seemed certain.

“Mari I… I think she got me out. I can’t remember. Everything is… I can't-” She tried to find the words, but it was as if her memory in the Hallows was warped and the longer she was away, the harder it was for her to remember. “Mari is still there, with Chaos.”

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes me incredibly happy to see little So-so back in action!

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perdidacardenal:

No Caption Provided

She stroked the side of So-So's head while helping the young teen drink as much as she could. "Chaos" Cat repeated shortly after the name left So-So's mouth. She vaguely remembers Mari's friend Shawn coming to speak about it but heard nothing else afterward.

As So-So continued, Cat realized this was more of her fault than she initially thought. When her own Darkness powers manifested, she went through the same thing; Catalina thought Chaos was power but to hear So-So talk about her it sounded as if Chaos was a person.

"Can you take me to this place?"

PerdidaCardenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador:

"Can you take me to this place?"

She swallowed hard as her blue eyes shifted away from Cat. Her mouth seemed to instantly dry at the thought of returning to that place of total darkness. But Mari was still there, and she got her out for a reason, to get Catalina so they can free her. "We teleported there. Chaos took us." So-so's eyes looked back up at Cat. She didn't have any teleporting abilities and didn't know of another way to get there. But she did know of a place that MIGHT be able to take them there.

"The Academy." Her eyes looked down at the glass that she was still holding in her hands. "It was surrounded by Chaos energy before we left. If we can go in it, I think it can take us there."

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perdidacardenal:

So-So was visibly shaken up from the experience, which was hard to watch. So-So is one of the most resilient members of the family; the fact that she was scared nearly broke Cat. "I'm going. You will not" Cat said rising from the couch forcibly laying the young girl's body in a way so that she might get some rest. Placing a pillow behind her head, she moved the water glass closer so that it might be in arms reach.

"I'm going to get you something to eat and then I'm heading out" Cat said preparing to walk away from So-So before turning back to her. "I know I told you that I'd protect you, and since you got here I've done anything but that. This is my fault, but I'm going to fix it" Cat wiped the premature tears forming at her eyes before feeling it again. The desire to maim, and in that feeling she could feel the Legendary Prize Fighter ready to back her up.

PerdidaCardenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador:

"I'm going. You will not"

There was an opposing glare coming from So-so as she tried to stand up ."No I-" before she could finish, Cat's hand pressed firmly on her shoulder and forced her back down on the couch. Not that it took much effort. So-so was still much too weak to fight against Catalina right now, but that didn't stop her. She tried to push against Cat's strength, but no matter how hard she tired, she couldn't. The Lost Cardinal was now laying on the couch, an unamused look on her face as she watched Cat. She knew she wasn't strong enough right now.

So-so never needed protection, she never asked for protection or wanted protection. So-so was brought up with assassins. If she wanted to eat, she had to get the food herself. If she wanted somewhere to sleep, she would have to fight for shelter... she fought, it was all she knew. But Cat? For once, in So-so's life. She didn't want her to fight. So the young girl gave in, and laid as she watched Catalina walked away. "Be careful. Take backup. It's easy to get lost in the void."

PerdidaCardenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juno_fei said:

It makes me incredibly happy to see little So-so back in action!

Thanks! I'm excited to have her back lol

Avatar image for cadmus_liafador
Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Cadmus_Liafador

Family. The bond that holds people together. The love that overpowers any personal feeling.

Family. Such a word was lost on the ears of Cadmus Liafador, he had- had no one but his mother, and eventually, she was gone too. Then she was lost forever. Family was something Cadmus understood the least out of anything in the world. He had read in storybooks that family was supposed to be by your side to help you through anything, but he had never met anyone in his family...except for Zeon. His sister, the Matriarch of the Liafador family. -Liafadors- Cadmus knew practically nothing of the Elite family other than the fact that they were elite. Cadmus had finally gotten justice for his mother's death but now he was lost. So now he did something he was advised to not do...he sought out another member of his family.

Somewhere in the sky above the Peninsula Gulf

Daytonville, that was the intel he had gotten on his cousin Catalina. In all reality he had no clue how this was going to turn out, if Catalina was anything like Cadmus things could turn out quite badly. And as he soared above the clouds near her home island, the young Liafador shivered slightly; he would rather kill an army of men rather then face this figure of the family he had never known.

Daytonville 20 minutes later

No Caption Provided

The Twilight assassin pulled into the driveway of his older cousin's home and shutting the door of the vehicle he had rented and he casually pulled off his sunglasses as he observed the area around him. Whoaaa. Do they all live this well? Cadmus had money but not the life Catalina carried, he lived on the run with no permanent home. His heart panged with jealously slightly as he thought of her comfort.

He would take a deep breath as he stepped forward towards the front door. The Former Cardinals heart raced and he felt an emotion he had scarcely felt...fear. What if he was rejected? What if he was shunned by his family. What if Catalina wanted nothing to do with him? All the reasons not to do this come flooding in, as if Cadmus' body chemistry just sent them a blanket invitation. He feels the soft panic that can grow or fade depending on what he does next. It will fade if he backs away, but then he'll have to do this all again another time..he knows he can't run away from it. He knows now is the time. But the panic will grow if he lets these thoughts swirl into a vortex of stupidity, eating their own tail. So Cadmus breathes real slow, lets the thoughts leak into the ether and he enters the former calm he usually carries. You are the Twilight Assassin. You feel no fear.

And so with a slow and nervous strut, Cadmus would approach the home of his cousin. And he would knock 3 times. Slow. Loud. If and when the door opened Cadmus would look up and if Catalina stood in front of him he would say soft and firm. "Catalina Liafador? My name is Twi- He takes a second to breathe and adjust. "My name is Cadmus, Cadmus Liafador. My apologies if I'm interrupting something, but I needed to talk to you." A nervous smile would crawl on his face and he'd respectfully hold out his hand in greeting.

Hi. I'm Cadmus. Cadmus Liafador.
Hi. I'm Cadmus. Cadmus Liafador.
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Damian_Knight

@catalina_liafador:

To that you are correct. I was on a no-sleep high when I wrote that *LOL* I'll edit it in a moment

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadmus_liafador:

No Caption Provided

The knock at the door momentarily shocked her, no one other than Zoe came to visit her. "Not taking any chances" She whispered allowing her psionic energy to pulsate from her fingertips to her shoulders.

First, she glanced out the peephole, the man didn't look familiar. Opening the door her cinnamon eyes scan him vertically to see if she could trigger some sort of memory as to who he was--but nothing.

From the moment he opened his mouth her guard was up. He called her Catalina, not Ziccarra which meant this was someone who purposely sought her out. Her eyes nearly bulged from their sockets when he dropped his last name "Liafador" instinctively she knew he was telling the truth; as a result of the genetic manipulation, they could all tell when someone was family. It was like a tingling sensation on the skin. Pushing the door open she allowed him to enter, not taking her eyes off him for a moment. 'Here we go' she thought knowing that this could end in various ways. Despite being such a well-known family, the Liafadors weren't exactly close. Depending on the bloodline and motivations he could be friend or foe.

She moved around him absorbing his features, his lack of a Spanish accent eliminated him from her mother's gene pool, which was good she didn't know how she'd explain that to her father. Of course, he could've been a loose string from her genetic father's gene pool which meant he'd have to be killed. Catalina was the oddity in the family, she was a "Pure-Liafador" composed of the DNA of both Kane and Ziccarra Liafador she was crafted to be the perfect killer. Kane's children felt it. She killed them: Anne, Jaime, Enrique sparing only Kristina and Isis.

Of course, there was Marcos bloodline, recently her problems with Zeon had surged to new heights. Zeon killed her mother, and poor Chance had been wagered in every conflict with Zeon. There was also Jessica a woman Cat hadn't actually met.

He could've been one of Sophia's children, her Aunt who went through hell to make sure no one knew who she was. Cat met her as a child that was it. He could also belong to Faatina which wasn't likely.

No Caption Provided

"You need to think long and hard about why you're here" She said stopping just a few feet from him. It wasn't likely that she could beat him in hand-to-hand combat, not by herself anyway. But the Goddess yearned for battle and if that's what he wanted Cat would give it to him.

"So Cadmus, whose child are you. Where have you been hiding?"

Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador:

She opened the door allowing him entry and Cadmus lowered his head slightly as he drifted forwards into her home. He was beginning to pick up on her uneasiness, he noted her eyes following him everywhere, and in turn, almost involuntarily he found himself doing the same thing, not out of fear but out of curiosity. He found himself studying everything about her, size, appearance, posture; trying to get anything that made the two seem of kin but he found mostly zip. The most they had in common were dark eyes, that was about it. But he could feel that they were family, like a tingle in his spine that traveled everywhere at once.

"You need to think long and hard about why you're here"

No Caption Provided

"I did, and I am still thinking about it. But I uh I think it's a bit too late to run away now huh?" His mouth would curl upwards in a smile and his slight Italian accent would show itself, his stance would be comfortable -guarded- but comfortable. He was always alert, and his nervousness stopped nothing, Cadmus didn't believe Catalina would attack her, but the way she stopped a few feet away from him made him raise an eyebrow, enough distance to comfortable counter any possible attack, or enough time to properly set up her own. She was wary that he would attack her? Was he that intimidating? Or was his family that distrustworthy, that dangerous.

"So Cadmus, whose child are you. Where have you been hiding?"

"I'm the son of Marco's, I was born in Vernazza La Spezia. I spent a lot of time traveling around Italy with my mother, until she left, then I went around the world training to hone my skills. Then my mom died and I went on the hunt for her killers, that brought me to Zeon. Then I finished my hunt and now..." He paused seeing that he was deviating off the topic. "I haven't been hiding as much as not existing. Zeon told me not to seek out any of our family, especially not my father-who I honestly think doesn't even know I exist. But I don't know where Zeon, that's why I'm here. I have to know more about myself, and my family. Because the things that I can do. The things I've seen my sister do. They aren't normal, not even in superhuman terms."

The young Liafador would look at her slightly pleading, his chestnut eyes boring into hers "What are the Liafadors?"

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#216 Feral Nova  Moderator

Just to be clear when he met Zeon, she didn’t actually have any powers at that time. She was just human.

August_Hearst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadmus_liafador:

No Caption Provided

Cat leaned a bit with her hands folded, her ears trained on the Italian laced words coming from his mouth, but her eyes trained on all the nonverbal cues he naturally gave off. He was a child of Marcos, which made him Zeon's brother. The history between Cat and Zeon was long and complicated with new chapters added seemingly every day. Cat told herself a long time ago that she'd leave Chance out of the conflict from now on, even though Zeon made a point in attacking Maya, Tassi, and Maricela.

"It's not probable that your father knows you exist, He didn't know about Chance; hell my mom didn't know I exist either. It's a long story" She continued this time commanding a chair with her telekinetic abilities for him to have a seat so that she could sit aswell. "What we are changes depending on who you ask." She replied taking a chance on him, Cat turned her back moved to her fridge and offered a beer in an unusual show of hospitality--she didn't get many guests.

"Some of us are full fledge Gods and Goddess attained through Apotheosis, others are mere Demi-gods and Goddess, Some, like your sister, are demons. And some, like your other sister, are just regular human (No one knows that Chance has powers). It just depends on genetics.

Cat took a moment to take a small swing of her beer, exhaling as the crisp taste wash down the back of her throat. She could never get drunk, not unless she drank faster than her cells could regenerate; so she just drank for the taste.

"Zeon told you not to search us out that's a wise piece of information. A couple of years ago my mother, your aunt, was the President of Spain and tried to transform Spain into a dictatorship, she failed. What followed was an internal civil war between my mother and your sister, who was the Matriarch at that time. The two killed each other, but somehow Zeon returned...but she's NOT the Zeon we all knew. She stronger, far more powerful than ever and she's been blessed by some sort of Demon or whatever.

Cat took another swig before crossing her legs gathering her thoughts in the process. "I said all that to say this, you don't know what hatred any one member of the family holds. You being a child of Marcos, or just being the brother of Zeon. Live your own life. Train. Train. Train. Because you never know when someone will attack.

Cadmus_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador:

"It's not probable that your father knows you exist, He didn't know about Chance; hell my mom didn't know I exist either. It's a long story"

Cadmus' eyes would quirk up at the mention of this girl Chance. He'd never heard of her and he never remembered Zeon saying anything about her. "I have another sister? I always thought it was just me and Zeon, then the rest of the Liafadors were you guys." Cadmus would take a deep breath and when he saw a chair scooting next to him with no one pushing it did he finally breathe a sigh of relief. This was in his wheelhouse. Stuff like this he could understand. It amused him to think that superpowers and shit like that was easier to deal with than his own family.

"Some of us are full fledge Gods and Goddess attained through Apotheosis, others are mere Demi-gods and Goddess, Some, like your sister, are demons. And some, like your other sister, are just regular human (No one knows that Chance has powers). It just depends on genetics.

No Caption Provided

Cadmus would look at her and his gaze would be dark as he gazed upon her face and he recalled her telekinesis and what she had said before. "And what are you? A goddess? You have telekinesis?" Cadmus would lift his eyes up a bit and he would still listen intently onto what his older cousin was saying.

"Zeon told you not to search us out that's a wise piece of information. A couple of years ago my mother, your aunt, was the President of Spain and tried to transform Spain into a dictatorship, she failed. What followed was an internal civil war between my mother and your sister, who was the Matriarch at that time. The two killed each other, but somehow Zeon returned...but she's NOT the Zeon we all knew. She stronger, far more powerful than ever and she's been blessed by some sort of Demon or whatever.

The Twilight Assassin's eyes would widen and he'd lean farther in his chair "Wait what?! Zeon died?! And blessed by a demon..." He'd look down with a slight showing of sadness crossing his features. Zeon had been his only link to his family, he wouldn't be alive, nor would he had gotten justice for his mothers' death without her training and assistance. To hear that she had died and come back a monster caused Cadmus a pain in his chest. Though it went away quite quickly. "Then who's going to stop her? If she's associating with demons that makes her dangerous. Why is she still roaming free?"

He'd wait for her to answer that question before tuning in once more.

"I said all that to say this, you don't know what hatred any one member of the family holds. You being a child of Marcos, or just being the brother of Zeon. Live your own life. Train. Train. Train. Because you never know when someone will attack.

The Formerly hidden Liafador would rub his temples trying to take it all in."So basically I have a target on my back? Because of my father and sister? Who has a Vendetta on Marcos or Zeon?" Cadmus would ask her this but then he remembered what she had said before:

What followed was an internal civil war between my mother and your sister, who was the Matriarch at that time. The two killed each other, but somehow Zeon returned.

He would tense up slightly preparing himself for anything, if Zeon had killed Catalina's mother...No. Catalina was giving him information, she was an ally- at least for now- "Catalina, will you help me? With all of this? I honestly have no idea how I'd even begin living my own life. My entire existence has been Run. Train. Kill. That's it. What do I do?"

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadmus_liafador:

No Caption Provided

'He doesn't know anything' She thought in regards to his reaction to Chance, during the Liafador Patriarchy the men of the family did whatever they wanted; and were uncontested in their endeavors.

"Eh... the short answer is yes, but I'm complicated. I'm a clone. I wasn't born with the abilities I have now. Through extensive genetic modifications and I guess a bit of magic. I inherited all of my mother's abilities when she died. Give or take. But yes Telekinesis is among my abilities. But I'm nowhere near the level she was at."

Cat took another chug of her beer, this one messier than the last forcing her to wipe the cascading drops from her face. She barely had time to collect herself before Cadmus jumped right into the subject of his demonic sister.

"Who's going to stop her? shit I don't know" She replied shrugging her shoulders with indifference. While Zeon and Cat were enemies, Cat wasn't the type to go looking for Zeon unless she had a reason. As long as Zeon wasn't trying to hurt her immediate family Catalina couldn't be bothered to care. "All that heroics and saving the day crap, that's not my MO. I don't care. Zeon has the vendetta with us, she shows up and we fight. Other than that I have no interest in hunting down a demon."

Her cinnamon tinted eyes fix on him once more as he tried to understand his place in it all; though she did feel a bit sorry for him, he was experiencing what they'd all felt at some point in time.

"I wouldn't say you have a target on your back more so, you just need to be careful when you mention your relations. The fact that you're a Liafador puts a target on your back. THAT is my mother's fault. She kinda forked us all up. But as far as I know, the only people who have a problem with Marcos is his children. So you should be good."

Cat finished the rest of her beer before rising to toss the bottle in the recycling bin. The 5'11 Goddess turned to him opening her mouth to say something but thought it was best not to. She missed the entire Ziccarra/Zeon saga due to being dead, but the battles the two Matriarchs had worn heavy on all sides of the family. Now there was no Matriarch (She doesn't know that Chance is the Matriarch), there were no Cardinals everyone was starting to piece together their lives post-conflict.

"Honestly, what you do is drink that beer I gave you and go get a regular job. If I've learned one thing from being in this family, the longer you stay away from it the better off you will be. Be Cadmus. Because the moment Liafador starts defining you; you'll never get rid of it."

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Feral Nova  Moderator

@catalina_liafador

It had been a while since Zoe had seen Catalina. It was Zoe's own fault, being a horrible girlfriend. She did text her, when she could, but she hadn't given Cat the attention she deserved. Since their battle at the Miftah Aljana, the nightmares became stronger. What nightmares? The ones of Ziccarra and her battling. Being defeated, beaten, bruised. Yes, she knew it wasn't Ziccarra she was fighting that day. Yes she knew it wasn't even Catalina, it was her Goddess. And yes, she won the battle against Catalina's Goddess. But taking injuries from an actual Goddess shook the nightmares loose and rose her anxiety levels up once again. Then there was the physical therapy. It took time to heal and lots of physical therapy. Her shoulder was still sore. She forgotten what it was like to battle a Goddess.

Then there was the fact that she was... afraid. Not of Catalina, never of Catalina. She loved her, with all her heart. She was afraid that the Goddess would make it impossible for the two to be together. That the battles may become a routine thing. But she was being selfish. She was in a relationship, and instead of talking it out, she let her self pity get in the way of it. Which is why she was here now, standing at the door of her girlfriends home... or at least she hoped she was still her girlfriend.

She took the key that her Kitty had given her and put into the lock of the door. A click could be heard coming from the door as it unlocked and taking a in a sharp breath, Zoe pushed the door open. Cat wasn't in her line of sight. "Cat?" Zoe called out poking her head into the home, not sure where Cat would be in the house this moment. "It's Zoe, I know I didn't tell you I was coming I just... I really wanted to see you." She took a few steps in, bringing the unlabeled brown paper bag with handles on it, obviously carrying something inside that was meant for Cat. She closed the door behind her, locking the door and tucking the key back into her purse.

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

Is yours separate from I and Catalina's? Or are we mushing them?

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Feral Nova  Moderator
Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

No Caption Provided

"Goddess, I almost shot you," Cat said moving around the corner taking a pistol from a holster she had under her dress. Despite not seeing Zoe in a while Cat brushed pass her being her usual petty self. She wasn't mad, but there was a certain anxiety that built up in her after a certain amount of time--instead of being remorseful or mad she dealt with it the only way she knew how.

"I get it." She said moving from in front of the door toward the kitchen grabbing a beer from the kitchen.

Sliding Zoe one across the table just in case she decided she wants one. "In your eyes, you see my mother. I tried my best to prove to you I'm not, and I failed. I'm sorry Zoe."

Though she was apologetic, her words were hallowed out, not because she didn't mean it; but she'd driven herself into believing it was already over.

"I suppose you just came to drop off the key. You didn't have to come out here you could've mailed it" She said taking a swing of her beer eying Zoe from across the table.

"But I lost my daughter, and So-So has run off; so I'm not really in the mood to argue with you"

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Feral Nova  Moderator

@catalina_liafador:

She literally threw her hands into the air with the brown paper bag going up with them, she gasped, oh sh!t she was REALLY pissed!!! Oh wait… she didn’t mean to shoot her, ‘ohthankgod’ she thought to herself. She really didn’t feel like getting a bullet to the chest today. But things took a turn for the worst when Zoe realized that Cat wasn’t even pissed at her as she simply walked past her without even glaring at her. She closed herself off from Zoe. Built an iron shell around herself, one that took Zoe time to get through originally.

The Fire Goddess moved with Cat, following her a few steps behind, not wanting to risk actually pissing her off and getting shot seeing as she still had the gun in her hand. She followed her into the kitchen, watching her slide a beer to Zoe across the counter as she grasped it into her own hand. Her eyes laid on the glass bottle as Cat began to explain in her own understanding why Zoe had been MIA and while it sounded like she was apologizing, her words were cold, as if she had already made the decision for the both of them. It was over.

Zoe released her grasp from the beer, her palm resting the cool table top as she looked up at Cat, her eyes filled with regret. She had left Cat alone when she needed her. “Then just listen, don’t argue with me.” The blonde hero finally spoke. “Erm… please.” She added the last part to avoid getting shot as she set the brown bag on the table and pulled out what was several containers of differently prepared and cooked shrimp. But not just any shrimp, it was from the endless shrimp meal that Zoe knew Catalina was looking forward to at Miftah Aljana. She knew it wouldn’t fix their relationship, but she hoped it might persuade Cat to allow her to speak.

No Caption Provided

She carefully pushed the containers to the middle of the table, within Cat’s reach. “I came here to apologize to you.” Zoe's eyes looked down at the bottle, trying to figure out how to start without messing up. Which... Zoe was never good at. “Cat, I know you’re not your mother. You’ve proven that… in so many ways.” Zoe’s electric blue eyes looked up at Cat. “I’m the one who failed you. You told me about your Goddess, you warned me and I knew eventually I was going to have to face her and I thought I was ready but I wasn’t. I wasn’t mentally prepared for it, and it messed me up and I was afraid to tell you because… I didn’t want you to think that what you’re apologizing for now, for thinking that I see you as your mother.” Her voice was growing with a tone of frustration with herself. For leaving her love alone and making her think these horrible things about herself. How could Cat forgive her when Zoe couldn't even forgive herself? But her eyes never wavered from Catalina, determined. “Because I don't and you’re not, you’re everything she wasn’t. You’re kind, selfless, put your family's happiness before your own and have a strength that I’ve never seen before and so much more. You try to put up a wall to keep others out but… I see you for who you really are.” She could feel a lump form in her throat as she grasped the bottle, taking a swig of beer just to push it back down, looking at the bottle for a moment before looking back up at Cat and continuing. “I was the weak one. I should have came and talked to you but I was being selfish. I thought… in my own weird way I was protecting you from my stupid anxiety and fears but in the end... I ignored the most important person in my life… you.” She took a few steps towards Cat, standing closing to her at the table rather than being across from her as she rest one of her hands upon the table and the other one holding tightly onto they key to Catalina's home. “I’m not here to return the key and I'm not going to. I messed up, I know this and I'm sorry for that. It's... all my fault. But I’m going to do everything I can to prove to you that I still love you and that we should be together. Starting with helping you find Mari." She finally stopped talking, waiting to see what Kitty would say after all of that. Zoe held her breath for a moment, waiting for something... anything.

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

“Then just listen, don’t argue with me.”“Erm… please.

Cat rolled her eyes before using her hands to prod Zoe into talking. Right before she started Zoe began to move various containers from a brown paper bag, the very aroma cause Cat's nose to twitch. It was her absolute favorite things to eat--shrimp.

There was a small silence as she watched Zoe's hands push the shrimp in her direction; she felt she was being bribed, but just as quickly as the shrimp reach her side of the table Zoe began going into full apology mode.

Instead of digging into the shrimp like the shrimp fiend she was; she opted to allow Zoe to continue speaking first. She heard everything Zoe had to say, as much as her mind told her to just leave while they were somewhat on good terms she couldn't.

When they'd first met Cat was a fortress of defensive mechanisms and with time they came down; now that they were she was having a hard time doing anything that didn't involve Zoe.

No Caption Provided

"I love you," She said breathing hard as if she'd just run up a flight of stairs. "I couldn't say it before, because I didn't expect you to last this long and it was too fast but"

Taking a deep breath she continued, but this time it was clear tears were on the way.

"I've been trying to act like I've been ok with not seeing you for 4 months, truth is I'm not. For 4 months I've been waiting for you to show up or at least see you, waiting for you to do something to show that we're still a thing. I thought about coming to see you, but Valor was attacked and you showed up nowhere in the police reports."

Cat's hand resting on the table was trembling, overrun with emotions. Her mind telling her to let Zoe go, but her heart not wanting to deal with being alone again.

"What do I do? If you were me what would you do?" Her voice plagued by her downtrodden demeanor and Spanish accent.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Feral Nova  Moderator

@catalina_liafador:

“I love you”

No Caption Provided

Zoe let out a soft gasped, she never thought she would have heard those words be spoken by Cat any time soon. But instead of bringing joy and a smile to her face, it just felt like a knife jammed into her heart. She loved her, and Zoe let her down, abandoned her for FOUR months. Stupid… she was so freaken stupid and selfish. Why? Why would she allow this to happen? But then when she saw tears build in her loves cinnamon eyes, it brought on a pain that was worse than any physical pain she had ever been in.

But it was when she saw Cat’s hand trembling that Zoe’s own eyes began to fill with tears. She hesitated at first, but she slowly tried to moved her hand upon Cat’s. Gently holding it as her eyes were fixated on Cat’s as her voice became so pained, that her Spanish accent was heavily heard in the last sentence she spoke. She hated seeing Cat in pain before, but this was a million times worse because Zoe did this to her. This woman, the woman she swore she loved, has had a lifetime of heartache and pain, put through so many tribulations and Zoe promised she would be there for her... and she broke that promise. All she did was cause her more pain. Was Zoe being selfish again? Wanting Cat to take her back?

No Caption Provided

The broken hero looked at Catalina as tears began to form in her own eyes. What would she do if she was in Catalina’s spot? Her chin quivered as she cleared her throat before speaking, even though her voice cracked a bit in the beginning. “I would take my @ss to the bedroom and teach me alesson." She gave a horribly timed joke as she scrunched her face in utter disappointment of herself and embarrassment the moment it left her mouth knowing how bad it was. Unfortunately it was one of many Zoe's more undesirable qualities that she had. Make a stupid joke when she felt scared, nervous or worried. "I'm so sorry that was- I just- I'm just...scared." She admitted as she took in a deep breath. "I… I don’t know Kitty. I don’t know what I would do if I were you.” She softly spoke she used her other hand to wipe her eyes clear of tears. Only to have them come back moments later. "But what I do know, is that we didn't just get together by accident and I don't think we got as far as we did by chance."

If she was holding onto Cat’s hand still, she would give it a little squeeze. She was quiet for a few moments before speaking up again. "I'm asking you, to give me a second chance to let me prove myself to you, that I'm worthy of your love. I know I'm broken Cat... but I'm not shattered."

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

“I would take my @ss to the bedroom and teach me a lesson.

No Caption Provided

Catalina could only laugh through her tears as Zoe made a joke, yes a joke at a time like this. Had this been any other person she would've sent them flying through the window courtesy of a TK blast, but Zoe? It wasn't out of character for her to say something dumb. Though it wasn't so much dumb to Catalina, she knew Zoe her love felt backed into the corner by the entire situation; and she was relying on humor to get herself out of it. Though it wasn't all Zoe's fault, she understood it. No reasonable person would be able to understand how to contend with Cat's fast-paced lifestyle AND her unruly Goddess. Not to mention now Cat was taking care of both So-So and Mari (And doing a horrible job at it).

She wanted to back away, knowing that she'd allow herself to erode in Zoe's arms if she let her firefly too close, but as Zoe's hand made contact with hers the shaking stopped. Cat sighed before wiping the sweaty tears climbing over her lips, inching closer to Zoe. Her heart yearned for it, but her brain caused hesitation.

When she was younger she'd fallen in love with a man named Bishop, she sacrificed herself to the 3rd Society in an attempt to save him, noble as it was it didn't. He never recovered, and she would eventually go on to commit suicide. This wasn't that extreme, but she could feel those feelings doing their best to sabotage the love she'd found now. "I can't..."

She started before she remembered her conversation with Leo, and then her decision became clear. "I can't believe that was the first thing to come to your mind," She said allowing herself to laugh through her tears before taking Zoe in a hug. She towered over her 5'7 girl doting her forehead with crimson lipstick. It'd been said by many people that she wasn't the same woman from before, so she shouldn't allow that woman's past to interfere with her future.

Pulling away from Zoe with both her hands in her Cat forced a smile, it was all she could do given the crying. "You're so weird," She said once again hijacked by her accent.

"Of course I forgive you, I can't sit here and act as everything has been perfect because it hasn't. But being with you just makes everything that much more tolerable. But just know that if you reactivated your tinder account. IMMA START THROWING STUFF" She meant the last part. There was no questioning that when it came to Zoe, Cat could be irrationally jealous; just Zoe being buddy-buddy with Brian Newcastle was too much for Cat--but she was working on it.

She chuckled once more before going in to kiss Zoe, that is until she saw the endless shrimp on the table. Almost immediately her attention shifts to the table, using her free hand she grabbed a bunch of shrimp and began filling her mouth with them. "Goddess...so good..." She crooned chewing and talking with excitement.

"What are you still here for, take your ass to the bedroom"

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Feral Nova  Moderator

@catalina_liafador:

"I can't..."

Zoe’s heart felt like it sank to the pit of her stomach, her eyes diverted for a moment. What was she going to say? ‘I understand’? She couldn’t hold it against Cat. Maybe they could still be friends if Zoe was careful enough. “I un-”

"I can't believe that was the first thing to come to your mind,"

In that moment she was embraced by Kitty and Zoe, being caught off guard, hesitated for a moment to hug back. But the moment her arms wrapped around her Cardinal Goddess, she closed her eyes as tears that were once sadness, turned into tears of gratitude and happiness. Oh she had missed her so much.

"You're so weird,"

“I know I’m sorry.” She smiled back up at Catalina.

"Of course I forgive you, I can't sit here and act as everything has been perfect because it hasn't. But being with you just makes everything that much more tolerable. But just know that if you reactivated your tinder account. IMMA START THROWING STUFF"

She laughed at the last part, knowing well that Cat disapproved her making a tinder account before the two even became a couple. But she also knew Catalina was a very jealous person, where as Zoe, was not. She didn’t know what caused the jealousy in Cat or what was the rationality behind it. Maybe it was a way for Cat (in her own way) protect her? But she found it kinda sexy to be honest.

“Why would I even think about tinder when I have you?”

The two were about to go in for a kiss, but instead Zoe kissed the air while Catalina shoved a mouth full of shrimp into her mouth. Zoe pulled away, laughing and grasping a napkin off the table and handing it over to Catalina. The shrimp was a success! She knew the shrimp was a better idea than flowers. Did Cat even like flowers? Meh, let’s just stick to what she did know. Shrimp = good.

"What are you still here for, take your ass to the bedroom"

Zoe blinked caught off guard by the final statement as she then gave a flirtatious smile but not before grasping the neck of her shirt. “Ok, but you’re coming with me. You’ll probably forget about me with all this shrimp here.” She gave a heartfelt chuckle as she guided the two to Catalina’s bedroom. The moment the two made it in (if Cat still had shrimp in her mouth or not) she would pull her down for a kiss and even though she tasted like shrimp, it didn’t stop Zoe. “Hmm… that is good.” She laughed before pulling her back in for another kiss.

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometime Later

No Caption Provided

Catalina sat up watching as Zoe moved back out to the living room area to retrieve some more shrimp for Cat. Her blood was still racing, being with Zoe for the first time in four months sent shivers through her body. It was like a post-climax aftershock, she could still feel tremors running through her legs.

Soon Zoe returned with a beside tray of shrimp. With an almost wicked grin, Cat pulled back to comforter for Zoe to get back in bed. She asked for the shrimp but was so enthralled by Zoe she just wanted to lay on her. Snuggling in close, positioning her head on Zoe's clavicle. "You have turned me into such a cornball" Cat said drowning in her smile. "You show up, get my feelings going. Feed me, and then...wow..." She said laying a kiss on Zoe's chest.

Her long limbs push pass Zoe as she grabbed a shrimp and popped it in her mouth, once again making the most obnoxious noises; anyone else would've thought she was doing it purposely, but Cat just loved shrimp.

Taking another she popped it in Zoe's mouth before sealing it with a kiss. Sliding her head back to her resting position on the clavicle. "So. What were you doing all that time away? I know we text but, like did you think of me at all?" She honestly felt weird asking, she felt like a high school girl talking to a crush. This was what Zoe wanted, for Catalina to let down her defenses; she did. Now, when it came to Zoe she was pretty much all over the emotional spectrum.

"How come you weren't in Valor" The tragic scenario that happened in Valor never left Cat's mind, as much as she wanted to intervene, the Third Society were there along with the woman that attacked the island--She wasn't strong enough to face them not on her own. Not yet.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Feral Nova  Moderator

@catalina_liafador:

Zoe couldn’t help but have a smile plastered on her face as she filled a bedside tray with shrimp still slightly out of breath after the intimate time together. She was so thankful that Cat didn’t give up on her, that she gave her a second chance. The hero knew she had a lot of making up to do, and she would do whatever it took to make Cat feel loved and appreciated.

As she came back she couldn’t help but giggle with excitement as she slid onto the bed, pulling the comforter over her as she presented the shrimp to her Kitty as the two snuggled together. Cat could ask for the Moon and Zoe would do whatever she could to try and bring it to her. As her love rested her head upon her, Zoe gave a gentle kiss to the top of Cat’s head before resting her head upon her loves.

"You have turned me into such a cornball. You show up, get my feelings going. Feed me, and then...wow..."

“I’m sorry. But I love it when you’re a cornball” She gave a light chuckle as she wrapped her arm around her as her fingers lightly ran up and down her arm while Cat began to moan and squeal while eating shrimp. It may have sound annoying to anyone else who would have been in the home, but to Zoe, it was the most adorable thing ever.

As Cat slipped one in Zoe’s mouth she couldn’t help but give a “Hmm!” of approval before her lips pressed against Zoe’s. “Hmm…” She smiled as her free hand reaching up to Cat's jawline, lingering with the kiss just a tad longer before pulling away, as Catalina then began asking questions of what she was up to all this time. She swallowed her shrimp and cleared her throat. It was something that Catalina had the right to know… but… it wasn’t exactly something Zoe was proud of.

No Caption Provided

“While at the hospital, after the fight, I started getting those nightmares again.” The nightmares were the ones that Zoe had spoke to Cat about before. Nightmares of Ziccarra and their numerous battles against each other and her time being infected with the 'Liafador Virus' in Emerald City. They had pretty much gone away since she and Cat began dating, but after the fight… they came back with a vengeance. “I haven’t had one since we got together but… I dunno Cat… I think the fight against the Goddess… triggered them again. Brought them back to the surface.”

No Caption Provided

Her eyes shifted away from Catas she looked up at the ceiling while still laying. “I was discharged from the hospital and that’s when I learned what happened at Valor City. But I wasn’t healed enough to fight a war. Fractures still healing and all that, so I went to Los Angeles, stayed with my Aunt and… things just got worse. I originally thought the nightmares were from the pain medication the hospital gave me, but when I stopped, the nightmares only got worse. More vivid. I couldn't sleep. I didn't want to eat. I was getting panic attacks during the day from them. At one point I swore my scar was burning and my eyes turning green." It was the scar of the human bite mark on her right forearm. The bite mark that infected her. She was stuck in Emerald City for a year before someone would finally go and save her. She reached over with her left hand, covering it. "I even thought I saw her when I woke up from one of my nightmares. I wanted to tell you but…” She stopped in mid-sentence as her throat began to build a lump, hint of tears could be seen slowly building not from being sad, but just... shame. “Cat, I was so embarrassed and ashamed of myself I-I couldn’t bring myself to tell you, let alone let you see me like that.” She adjusted herself to sit up, bringing her knees to chest while still under the comforter. “I just felt so… pathetic and weak and powerless. I wanted nothing but to be with you. To feel you in my arms. To hear your laugh. But I was… afraid.” Frustration was being built in her tone. She didn't want to go further. She didn’t want to say it because she didn't want Cat to be hurt even more than she already was with her. How was she going to tell her that she was worried that her anxiety was going to get out of control because she looked like her mom? How could she tell her that? She couldn't. This wasn't Cat's fault, it was her own fault. “I was afraid I was going to ruin what we had because of my stupid anxiety.” She wiped the building tears in her eyes as she couldn’t help but look away, ashamed. “I was angry with myself for being so broken and the longer I was away from you, the more I somehow convinced myself that you probably moved on and found someone better, someone less broken.”

She took a deep breath, to calm herself as she finally looked over at Cat forcing a small half smile. “I went to therapy, daily and then, finally, one day… I had a breakthrough. I said 'enough'. I wanted- no... needed you back in my life. Being with you, knowing that you're here with me, it give me the strength I need to get through the tough times. As for Valor, I do plan on going back and helping. I need to go see what I can do to help. But I couldn’t go there without fixing our relationship first. I’m a selfish person and you’re more important to me.”

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

No Caption Provided

Cat was visibly conflicted throughout Zoe's entire explanation. She knew Firefly would be dealing with the traumatic stress in the aftermath of their battle, she also knew because of that stress things would get awkward between them, what she didn't expect was a four-month delay on their relationship.

Cat's conflicting visage prompts her to sit on the edge of the bed, her hair falling over the side of her left shoulders, her hands tugging at it in thought. "What do we owe to each other" Cat said her cinnamon eyes staring at her perfectly pedicured toes. "That's what you need to think about when you're conflicted" Though her accent flourished once more, she wasn't mad but spoke stern enough to give off the impression that she was. "It's ok to be scared and feel weak. We both should be. You are just one more person on an extremely shortlist that I love. I used to have Tassi to keep me sane, but now it's you. I'm sorry that my sanity falls on your shoulders but that's what scares me. That is losing you, I will lose myself."

"Then there's you," She said with her head turned over her right shoulder, there were no tears; because as much as she loved Zoe they needed to establish terms right here and now. "I get it. I am everything that keeps you up at night. Your lover, I look like your worse enemy, my last name. Your time in Emerald City. I didn't have to apologize earlier because I already knew."

Cat now turned in the bed with her legs crossed, taking both of Zoe's hands into her own caressing the dorsal sides with her thumbs. "I know it's hard being with me. I told you, I understand. Take all the time in the world to get yourself some help but honey..." Cat's voice thinned out at the end, perhaps she tried to stop herself from choking up again, whatever the reason she had to pause.

"You have to talk to me. You have to let me know because I can't take being abandoned again" It was a reoccurring theme in her life, Kane, Ziccarra, Cherish, Isis at some point in time they all walked out of Cat's life. "Zoe, We're both broken. But this isn't by accident; we've been brought together to help fix each other can't you see that? You can't see how happy you make me? and you, I am the exact person you need when you feel that way. I feed you, I run your bathe, wash your clothes and massage your aches."

Her demeanor changed once more, only this time tears started under her eyelids but she quickly wiped them. "I blame myself too because I should've gone and got you. And made you feel strong, courageous and important."

In light of tears once more forming at her eyes Cat palmed Zoe's face, whilst nodding her own head. "Because YOU are all those things to me"

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Feral Nova  Moderator

@catalina_liafador:

Sitting silently she listened attentively to everything that Cat said, her shoulders relaxing as her face that had pain written on it slowly softened. The pain that Catalina had gone through, all the suffering… she had gotten so far and now she relied on Zoe to keep her strong just like Zoe relied on Cat to keep her strong. The two, they were both broken in their own way but by the same group of people. Now here they were, broken together, trying to put each other together. Fitting their broken parts together like a puzzle.

Her head lifted higher as Zoe to began just realize how important she was to Catalina. Just as Cat was important to Zoe. She had never, ever opened up in this way to Zoe. Not that she never had before, just… not on this level. It moved her, actually hearing this come from Catalina. Telling her that she needed her, that she loved her, that she made her happy. She could see the tears form in her eyes, and it only made Zoe choke up as Cat then took Zoe’s hands into her own. Her heart swelled with a joy as she felt a warmth grow inside her. Not from her powers, no… this was… happiness. A real happiness. Not like what she thought she had with her past relationships. Not with Zaniel, or Jacob... no... this was so much deeper. She felt it. In this moment she knew, without any doubt in her mind that she wanted to be with Catalina forever, if time would allow it.

But when Cat began to speak about how she partially blamed herself, Zoe began shaking her head. It wasn’t her fault, in no way, this was on herself, not Cat. “Nonono.” She every so softly pleaded as she watched Cat close the distance by cupping her hand around her face. Zoe closed her eyes as she pressed her hands against Cat’s, taking in the moment. As she opened her eyes, her electric blue eyes met the cinnamon eyes, the two starring at each other, as if looking into each others souls. Broken souls… but not shattered.

"Don't you dare try and partly blame yourself. This was me. Not you." Her arms then wrapped themselves around her Kitty, pulling her into a tight embrace. “You are the most important person to me. I promise I’ll be your rock when you need me to. I’ll do whatever I can to make you happy, even if that means fighting The Prized Fighter a million times or buying you shrimp every day or trying to talk you down wanting to kill the coffee shop guy because he smiled in my general area, whatever you need… I promise I’ll do my best to be it for you.” She pulled away for a moment, moving her hands to take Catalina’s. She pressed her hands against the right side of her bare chest so she could feel the beating inside. “My heart, it’s yours.”

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: @feral_nova:

No Caption Provided

“My heart, it’s yours.”

With tears free-falling down her face Cat nodded. Zoe, The moment, her emotions and feelings left the goddess herald too choked up to form a tangible sentence.

Taking in a huge breath Cat took Zoe's hand placing an affectionate kiss on her palm before proceeding to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"If you would've asked me when I was 18. Did I ever see myself being happy I would've told you no. But I am" She found herself getting overly emotional again, expressing feelings she trained herself to keep dormant for fear of looking weak, but now? Now they were making her stronger than before. She didn't want to tell Zoe (Just in case she was wrong), but she didn't think the Prize Fighter was going to be an issue anymore. Cat came to terms with the fact that no matter how strong she was in the past, she was weak now and needed the Prize Fighter.

"But. I have something else to say" Cat rose from the bed with her hands folded across her chest, eyes burning through the floor. She didn't know how Zoe was going to respond but succeeding at the next level depending on her answer.

"I want to introduce you to my family. I-I mean if you want to." Cat said her eyes targeting in on Zoe's electric blue gaze. "I know you already know Maya, and perhaps even my dad. But I want you to meet So-So and Mari too. What. Do. You. Think. about that?" she asked a bit apprehensive.

Lost_Carbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Lost_Carbon  Online
Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Feral Nova  Moderator

@catalina_liafador:

"But. I have something else to say"

As her Goddess rose from the bed Zoe reluctantly let go of her hands, continuing to sit on the bed as her head tilted up slightly, following her love as she moved. But the way Cat was standing made Zoe feel a bit worried, watching her arms cross along her chest. What else could there be?

"I want to introduce you to my family. I-I mean if you want to. I know you already know Maya, and perhaps even my dad. But I want you to meet So-So and Mari too. What. Do. You. Think. about that?"

No Caption Provided

She couldn’t help it, her eyes moved away from Cat for a moment and down to her hands as they began to press against each other. It’s not that she DIDN’T want to meet the family… in fact she already knew some of them. Ziccarra, Maya, Zeon and Tassi. But… her history with them wasn’t… great and she would be lying if she said she wasn’t just a taaad nervous… maybe scared. But the fact that she wanted Zoe to meet her daughter, Mari. That was… huge. The start of the relationship Cat was clear that she didn’t want her family to know about Zoe, especially Mari and So-so. She knew how important family was to Cat. The fact that she now wanted Zoe to meet her family, her child… it was a big step forward. One she didn’t expect to make this soon.

Her blue eyes looked back at Cat as she slid off the bed and stood before her. Her hands gently pulled Cat’s arm’s away from each other as she took her hands once more, intertwining their fingers with one another. “I would love to meet your family. Especially Mari and So-so. Buuuuuut…” Her lips pressed together in nervousness as she took in a deep breath through her nose. “I’m not like… going to have to fight your dad or all your siblings or… fight the Matriarch am I?” Her voice squeaked a bit at the last couple of words. “I mean, I will if I have to… to… show honor or dedication or loyalty to you or something... I just… don't want to embarrass your family when they get defeated by The Fire Goddess.” She cracked a wide smile, trying to ease the tension as she squeezed Cat's hands.

Her eyes then lit up for a moment, remembering something. "Oh! Speaking of your family. How did it go taking Maya and Tassi to their first day of school?"

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

No Caption Provided

Cat felt a tug on her body followed by thunder rumbling overhead. "OH. My. Goddess. No, she didn't mean it!" She screamed out with her hands clench together. The thunder soon ceases and the spirit of the Prize Fighter settled.

Cat could only look at Zoe with a side-eye before releasing a sigh of relief. She didn't want another Faore vs Zoe battle, Zoe left her body far more banged up than she'd ever admitted.

"Honey. She's still a bit sour. But take some time and think about it." The notion wasn't farfetched, The Prize Fighter's family were embedded in various members of the family; the thought of Zoe fighting them probably ticked Faore off. Who the hell even knew where Shira was.

"But the girls were so adorable on their first day," She said freeing herself Zoe's clutches to stalk around the room in thought. "They were so excited, and nervous. Maya wants nothing to do with school, while Tassi well. Tassi was Tassi. It was weird because when I kissed Maya to send them off, the way she looks at me. It's like she thinks I'm her." She knew 'Her' would indicate to Zoe that she meant Ziccarra.

"Also told me that I need to mend my relationship with Big Maya. It's not bad, but It's not the relationship a big sister should have with their younger sister. Goddess or not. How was your Aunt?"

Lost_Carbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Lost_Carbon  Online
I'm holding the urge to crash this lovely moment.......
I'm holding the urge to crash this lovely moment.......
No Caption Provided

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Feral Nova  Moderator
Lost_Carbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers