• 193 results
#151 Edited by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

No Caption Provided

As Catalina turned round for father and daughter to meet eyes, Alexis felt time slow to a crawl. In the ticks between each nanosecond, his cape froze in the air, and Thee Champion was overcome by a cocktail of emotions. Shock, surprise, confusion. So strong was Catalina's resemblance to Ziccarra, Alexis could have sworn it was his wife who stood before him. In those precious nanoseconds, the steel veneer of godhood faded - and gave way to humanity. He would never forget Ziccarra. Her place in his heart held firm like Earth's orbit round the Sun. But as the nanoseconds passed, calmness returned to him - and though what remained of his humanity yearned for Ziccarra to live again - he let the feeling and his wife die. For good.

Three nanoseconds'd passed since he and Catalina'd locked eyes. And as time flowed once more, he smiled.

"I'm so glad you're back old man"

The words floated to his ears, and his daughter rushed into his titanium arms. "I'm proud of you, Cat", he said with a kiss atop her head and his hand stroking her back. "Your sisters told me about how you took responsibility for the family", he paused, holding his daughter in arms that could move worlds for his children. "You sacrificed a lot for them, moved them into your apartment, but you don't have to do that anymore. I'll take it from here". It was time he return to his role as a father and a protector of man.

"When did you get up?"

"Some days ago. But I imagine there's more you have to tell me than vice versa", his smile returned, knowing nothing of Catalina's acquisition of the Mind Lavaliere, or the existence of his granddaughter.

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
#152 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion:

No Caption Provided

By nature Cat was a "Daddies Girl" which was strange because the Liafador women was subservient during the "Patriarch Era". To have been the protector of her family for this long only to have him return felt good, it was like a mission complete. In his embrace the young goddess could feel all of the stress of the last couple of months mounting, and gone in a single exhale.

But as he asked for the baton, part of her felt sadness. She woke up to Tassi, So-So and Maya everyday (Even though Maya could take care of herself), she didn't know if she was truly ready to not play as much of a role anymore.

Then the thoughts of Maricela washed those previous thoughts away, he was right it was for the best. To be a better mother than Ziccarra...that was her goal--and she planned to achieve it.

"Hell where do I even begin. So sometime after mom died, Maricela, my daughter whom I had when I was a sex slave in Belize. Well she'd run away from her adopted parents and found me. I know I'm supposed to make sure she goes back to her family but...I think I love her. I want to be a good mom...plus she needs me. I'm the only person who understands what she's going thru.

She paused for a moment releasing the grip of her father before pulling out two chairs for them to sit in. Moving back to her refrigerator to offer him something to drink. She herself grabbed a beer before moving back toward the chair.

Our island was attacked by a woman doing the work of Y-Intercept. Maya used all her powers to save us and teleported us here. We were able to save her consciousness and safeguard her inside you. I swear Tassi is a beast, I didn't even know she could do all that. Then the city was attacked by an alien looking for this..."

Cat reach down taking hold of the Liafador Matriarch necklace, before removing the gem inside. "Mom has had it for years, apparently it's called a lavaliere? It's what gave her, her psionic powers. Gave them to me too."

#153 Posted by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

Thee Champion was a miracle made real, a divine figure come from the chaotic womb of quantum fluctuations - a virgin birth. And yet, in a world populated by the astonishing and the incredible, what truly shocked him was that Catalina - his daughter - had a daughter of her own. He was a grandfather? Catalina was a mother? For the nanoseconds that shock and surprise wrinkled his divine brain, Alexis' eyes widened and his eyebrows rose. And once more, a rising tide of emotion swarmed his heart. But as the nanoseconds passed, so too did the shock - and all human fixation. He was no human, only a divine being - a Miracle Man - pretending to be one. And he was calm, watching his daughter stride to the fridge nearby.

"I can see quantum events happening between nanoseconds, and somehow what surprises me the most aren't the things that modern science can't yet see. It's knowing that you have a daughter", Alexis smiled with a light jest. "No drink for me. But thanks", he declined, having no need for water nor the ability to get drunk from alcohol. Walking to the chair Catalina'd given him, his cape disintegrated into glimmering dust, and he sat. "I'll be the first to say I didn't expect to be a grandfather the moment I got better. But you know you have my full support. No one in this family's experienced the extremes that you have. You're young but you have an old soul. You have something your daughter'll learn to appreciate; perspective. And you've done a good job keeping the family together while I was comatose", his smile returned with a tinge of pride.

"Over time, I learned more about it"

"You have a good heart. And a strong hand when you need it. You'll do well, because you care about being a good mother to Maricela. Just give it time", Alexis reassured, unaware - and perhaps unconcerned - that he'd yet to ask to meet his granddaughter. A symptom perhaps, of his quiet detachment from his mortal identity since Ziccarra's death. He was a father first, a protector second, a god third, and perhaps a grandfather fourth. It would be great to meet his granddaughter, yet he'd remain at ease if he didn't. "You kids have done so much while I was comatose", he noted, eyes touched by a father's pride. "I'm glad nothing happened to any of you when I wasn't around. Part of it's owed to how much you've all grown, but part of it's also owed to the woman you've become. Strong, responsible. The family was in good hands", he smiled.

His smile however, faded as he caught the golden twinkle of the gem in Catalina's hand. Eyes narrowed, face serious, and his gaze peering into the sea of psychic energy rolling inside the Mind Lavaliere, Alexis nodded. "I wasn't completely aware of it at the time, but I always knew about the gem's power. Just not the extent of that time. Over time, I learned more about it. And it's true power is enormous. There are six lavalieres in total. You have the Mind Lavaliere. Like the other five, it has a lot of power. And if mastered? Every telepath and their mother'd be a spec of dust to you. Cat, this can't fall into the wrong hands. There are people, across the cosmos, who want to unite all six lavalieres. The kind of power they'd be able to command with all six...", his head shook, "They'd master the universe".

"I'm not going to tell you how to use your lavaliere, but I implore you to never lose it. And for everyone's sake, I hope no other lavalieres are here on Earth".

#154 Edited by Siniopo (32 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Sin had already started silently tracing his digital imprint across the al-Nergali security server. He had reached a security node with a firewall and used his super computer mind to trojan charge through the security barrier. This alerted a datastore to release a diagnostic databyte to track & purge Sin’s digital trace. The diagnostic byte, worked fast, already stretching it’s signature across five of the six available waypoints surging forward to sack his accesspoint.

His accesspoint was a backdoor entrypoint to store his data for a future time. He wasn’t done with al-Nergali. Sin plugged into Catalina’s supernal mind channel to reply“Speak to only Mousa’s, publicist he’ll introduce himself to you. I only need five minutes. Ask questions about him. The alarm should set off shortly. I’ll be in there. ”

Once he fortified the backdoor, he opened his .szl datacache. The .szl gave him direct and encrypted access to the al-Nergali security system without leaving an imprint alien to the security server. A red light flashed in his digital mindscape and the prison cells from black A to D were unlocked. The prisoners stalked the halls.

Sin took sprint for the visitatation room. Through the C cellblock hallways panoramic window he could see a looming cloud pulling towards the prison. “A sandstorm...perfect.” It wasn’t perfect. It made piloting that helicopter he planned to steal a little dangerous. Just a little. He wouldn’t be out the prison and on his way before that sandstorm passed through. He didn’t have time to linger either. “I’m on the way, try to stay nearby.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before the Alarm Break

Asam Beydoun
Asam Beydoun

Asam Beydoun pushed through the crowd of press with the assistance of his bow-quipped bodyguard. The other correspondents held there distance unsure if it was proper, safe to approach the Machiavellian woman. Asam sat opposite her ready to speak with Catalina like it was his sole right. "Ziccarra Liafador, I am here representing SUN'CHEON speaking on behalf of Chief Executive Officer, Mousa Said. We are here to negotiate your bail and subsequent court case."

@catalina_liafador

#155 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion:

No Caption Provided

Cat's mind immediately default to Maricela, with her dad back she'd be able to dedicate much needed time into her daughter. The thing that had Catalina worried the most was Capgras Syndrome, she was diagnosed with it as a child but didn't experience extreme cases until she was a teenager.

Maricela was in the middle of her teenage saga, but the single mother knew so little about her daughter it'd be hard to find out without some of the more intrusive methods--such as finding her adoptive parents.

Catalina hunched posture perk at the explanation of the lavalieres, Mari and Her found out about her Ziccarra manage to locate it in some old Asgardian ruins.

"Then you take it" Cat said shooing over towards him. "It already granted me the power I need, I just don't have the time to make sure no one takes it. The alien woman was able to find me based on it's location. I don't know what's going on with my goddess, but if I can't transform next time. Then she'll just kill me and take the damn thing anyways. She also suggest that there were more here..."

She hadn't explained the "transform" part and she would, later, but rising from her seat she rose and moved to a safe on the other side of the room. She was the only one in the house that had the password and rightfully so.

"Unfortunately father, Zeon is back; the legends of the Cardinal Demons and Cardinal Hell is real. She kidnapped both Tassi and Maricela and took them to the old Cardinal Sacred grounds in Tibet. I went there to rescue them, and my Goddess took an interest in this blade for whatever reason. I was able to beat Zeon and I kept this...it's too hot to take out of Tassi's power field, and if anyone touches it they will slowly become corrupted. A former evil Ziccarra doppleganger, two teenagers and a 5 year old don't need this anywhere near us"

"Now...let's talk about that doofus son of yours"

#156 Posted by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

"Then you take it"

"That might be for the best"

Catching the Mind Lavaliere's golden gleam, Alexis felt it's power once more. Heard the low hum of the deepest well of psychic energy he knew to exist. Catalina could not risk losing it, and the consequence of it falling into human hands was far too great to gamble. The physical laws that the lavalieres surrendered to were otherworldly. They were larger and expanded into domains that man yet knew to even exist. "That might be for the best", the Miracle Man agreed, thinking of the many places he knew to imprison the Mind Lavaliere. In corners of the cosmos beyond the concrete reality of man. "Especially if there're other lavalieres on Earth. There was a time I once thought it was simple coincidence that this planet was often the universe's battlefield".

"It's backwater place, behind the times compared to many other civilizations in the universe. Yet somehow, things always seem to happen here. Even the lavalieres are here", he paused, his eyes the windows into a mind so deep in thought. "Something's happening, Cat. On a scale much larger than what this world's used to. But I have no idea what. I only know that I need to investigate this". And while part of his brain dwelt on the state of cosmic affairs, another part gave it's focus to what Catalina next told him; Zeon's return and her monstrosities. With his eyes trained on the blade, Alexis felt the pulse of Tassi's power field and how it electrified the air. Yet it was the blade inside that drew his eyes. A furrow of the brow and narrowed eyes, Thee Champion almost scowled at the blade in front of him. It's craftsmanship resembled the work of man, yet the energy it held was foul - and inhuman. "You, Tassi and Maya are the future of this world. You're a warrior, Cat. The only one with the steel in her heart to make the tough decisions we both know your sisters are too kindhearted to make".

"And you're a leader. Your sisters on the other hand are peaceful. They save lives and you punish the people who threaten them. That all three of you have done this well, to keep a lavaliere from falling into the wrong hands, and containing Zeon's blade, it puts me at ease. Because I won't be around forever. But the world'll be in good hands when I leave it to the three of you", he smiled, the warmth and pride felt for his children the few remnants of his humanity as the detachment of godhood slowly overcame him. "I'll take the blade. A faraway black hole'll make a fitting prison for it". Yet as talk of a prison ceased, Catalina made mention of someone who'd escaped the binding values of family; Leonel. There was a time when he and Catalina were close, the best of friends among Alexis' children. But Leonel's history non-involvement with the family'd damned him in his sister's eyes, though as Alexis held her gaze, he glanced at a bitterness that told of something else.

Bitterness... how long had it been since he'd felt such a thing? How long has it been since the full spectrum of human emotion ran laps round his heart? Sighing, Alexis shut his eyes before opening them once more. "That boy'll be the death of me, and yet he's the one who freed me from my coma. I was always the parent who understood him least, but I know he still cares. But what's happened to him is a consequence of his past and his godhood. Godhood makes him more distant from human emotion. And a past of so much war where he witnessed the death of his own universe, made him into someone who values - above all else, his individual strength and freedom. I don't suspect that's ever going to change, Cat", he lamented, his eyes sympathetic, and the steel of a protector god ever-present in his heart and face. "Him returning to pull me out of my coma tells me that he cares and he'll always return if we truly need him, even if only briefly".

"So he's wherever he is, in pursuit of the strength he feels he needs to prevent the past from repeating itself". Leonel'd forged his own identity, one Thee Champion didn't entirely agree with, but his son had that freedom of choice. "But the consequence of that means he's isolated himself from us. I'll speak to him. This lavaliere business and whatever might be happening beyond, are things he'll take an interest in. And that'll give he and I room to talk about the family".

#157 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion:

Don't you dare
Don't you dare

Transferring the custody of the Lavaliere was a huge weight lifted from her lithe shoulders. Though it'd been in her family for decades now, the Mind Lavaliere was not their's to claim or protect. It belong to the universe, It was only the progressive mindset of Catalina who dismissed the norms of the old, and begin to usher in a new Liafador narrative. Through a more liberal approach. Though she was not the reigning Matriarch, Cat assumed the title in her absence; she'd wash away the elements that made them so toxic toward one another and begin mending a stronger emphasis on family--the Mind Lavaliere was another example of a regime that failed them.

As her father spoke about the events transpiring around it and her valor in his absence, her cinnamon eyes surveyed her father's features. He seemed to struggle, not with himself; but with the world around him. It was as if he'd come to terms that he didn't belong, like he was astral projecting in a world he'd never physically feel. In her silence throughout the process she found the answer--Ziccarra.

As murderous and toxic as the woman was, he loved her and she certainly loved him. Perhaps they both lived live in astral projection, but found solace in each other. That love made them both physical, but without the other half...he would never be whole again.

She didn't care about her mother, I think everyone in the family knew this by now; but to watch his grip on humanity acidic-ally fade away was disheartening. In a moment where she probably should've said something she did not, instead she broke eye contact and took a swig of her beer. That is before he seemingly made excuses for the man she'd never called her brother.

"DON'T. YOU. DARE"

She hissed her mother's thick Iberian accent beginning to flare. "Tassi and Maya are Gods too and have seen horrible things in their childhood. But they haven't given up on the family. He's the oldest!" She damn near screamed her accent becoming a mesh between Spanish and South American parlance.

"Where was my handbook through all this bullsh!t, who could I turn to while I was trying to make sure our sister's didn't starve. No one, NOT HIM, NOT ISIS and no offense but NOT YOU. I PUT MY LIFE ON HOLD TO MAKE SURE MY FAMILY COULD EAT, THAT AT THE END OF THE DAY MY PRIDE SURVIVED. THIS IS AFTER I KNEW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO BE A GODDESS, A DESTRUCTIVE ONE AT THAT."

Cat took a deep breath feeling her emotions getting the better of her, she was talking to her father. Regardless of how mad she was she needed to respect him as such. Glancing at the beer she grew resentful of it's presence and chucked it into a nearby recycling bin--even though she wasn't finished.

"Papa I'm sorry but, Everyone wants to talk about my past and how destructive I used to be, but no one wants to talk about him. We took him in and took off face value his relationship with his family, the failure. Was it failure? or did he run? Did he lose everyone trying to protect them? Or did they die in his abandonment? Reality-M isn't a universe it's an alternate timeline, which meant something happened to make that world transpire the way it did and if I'm being 100% honest. I believe it was him.

Out of all the children Ziccarra had, it was clear Leonel was her favorite; he'd mention the case was the same in his time too. It was all too convient that BOTH his mothers' lost their minds in his absence.

"I love you daddy, but I'm not a baker. So please don't try to sell me sugar"

#158 Posted by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

Catching the rise in pitch in his daughter's voice, Thee Champion shut his eyes and sighed. Like ice, the particles in the air froze, afraid to flow as a deafening silence - the calm before the storm - choked the atmosphere of all it's sound. His eyes came open, his brow scowled, and there was a brief flash of anger. The kind that could melt steel. "Catalina. Sweetheart", Alexis paused, his voice rolling out his throat like thunder - deep and deafening in it's authority - as a power that could break worlds sat heavy in the air. Standing from his chair, the apartment walls creaking as it trembled, Thee Champion stared down his daughter, and again his voice cracked like thunder.

"Do not. Raise your voice at me"

And as quickly as it'd come, his anger faded. No more did the apartment shake in fear, and the power - his power - that'd strangled the air with a father's authority, receded back into his flesh. He sat, and his face softened. "Now", he began, "Those are very serious accusations. Can you prove them? Or do you just want him to be guilty because then it'd justify your anger with him?". Watching his daughter chuck her beer can away, and hearing it clink and clank into the nearest trash bin, Thee Champion pulled his mind back to the years he'd seen Leonel grow into what he'd become. This, he feared, was never not going to happen. "It's easy to make light of someone's situation when you weren't there to experience it. And you, Catalina, of all people, should know never to cheapen what someone's been through just to fit the narrative in your head. To me, this doesn't sound like you're angry with him".

"You're angry with a situation that forced you to take responsibility of the family because Ziccarra was dead, I was comatose, and Leo and Isis were gone. You're angry that that responsibility took away your chance to find your own identity outside of this family, something that Leo's done. And you're projecting that anger on all of us. Over circumstances most of us couldn't control. You don't want me to sugarcoat it, fine", he paused. "Then here's some pepper. You're acting like your mother". Allowing the words to linger in the air, to sink into her mind with a mountain's weight, Alexis continued. "I'm not even defending Leo's actions, hell I don't even agree with them, but you're not even trying to understand them. You just want a reason to be angry with him".

"You want to know how I know he cares? Because he saved me from that coma. He's the one who first taught Tassi to control her powers, as much as a baby can. He's the one who got her Star, her best friend. He's the one who looked out for you on the family's behalf while I kept Ziccarra from you. He's the one who made sure you took your medication, and he's the one who never. Not once. Gave up on you even when you were a threat to us all. Has he changed? Of course he has. So have you, so have I", Alexis paused, "But he's never stopped caring. He just has his own life now. I don't agree with it, with how sparsely we see him, and how he left everything to you. But that boy loves you, Cat. And you know it".

"Or at least, you did once. It's why when you and Bishop were together, the only member of the family you let meet him was Leo. I'd suggest you go talk to him, really, not just throw your anger at him. But it seems like you've made up your mind about him. So I'll speak to him myself".

#159 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion:

You're right
You're right

She was probably the only one to date to ever get her father to raise his voice, and rightfully so; she was naturally rebellious, boisterous, and stubborn. As the room quivered she realized just how mad she'd made him; and calmed herself accordingly as a child should in the presence of their father.

Her ears visibly twitch at the sound of him seemingly defending Leonel, making some valid points about her anger; If she didn't hear anything he said she did hear a comparison that nearly drew tears to her ducts.

"You're acting like your mother".

"Really..." She tried to say but only manage to mouth through the grief, how could he? The struggle to establish an identity for herself would always be overshadowed by the fact that she was a clone. Looking like Ziccarra was one thing but acting like her was an entirely different story.

As her explained Leo's merits in their time with it only incensed her more; so much more that the Goddess that was bound to her soul was on the very verge of making an appearance. The accosted Catalina awakened the spirit of the Prize Fighter, a Goddess that only appeared when there was something to gain. Based on Cat's emotions Alexis, her father was it.

The sadness she once displayed turned into a familiar mephistophelean glare, reminiscent of times long pass. Outside thunder rolled to the arrival of the Prize Fighter but it was not to be. Cat was angry, but she wasn't stupid. This man was her father a man she respected most high.

As the climatic atmosphere subside they were once again parted by a suffocating silence, time Cat used to wipe the mixed emotions running down her eyes off her face.

"You're right I am jealous" Cat admitted wiping more of the cumbersome tears from her face. "Leonel looks like you, I look like Ziccarra. He just gets to decide to be his own person one day, oh! Selene too. And the responsibility fell on me for what? because I look like my mother? Because I was stupid enough to think I'd have help?

"It's good that you at least understand him because...I"

She opened her mouth once more but she realized she'd just be proving his point. She was angry and projecting; but as smart as the Catalan Countess was; in her enraged state she was more prone to make stubbornly rash decisions. Her head dropped low before letting loose an irrational chuckle.

"You're right I am acting like my mother, I guess because that's what I was created to do. But just now...in your anger as you spoke as fatherly as you ever had to anyone. I remembered...you're not my father. These aren't my sisters, and that wasn't my mother. I'm just recycled DNA that thought she belonged in a family.

Cat's saturated ducts eventually begin to dry up, her stubborn mind decided a plan of action and turned into an irrational resolve, she'd do the same thing she hated Leonel for. She knew it, it didn't make any sense...but then again it did--to her.

She was going to be her own person, even if it meant being nasty to the people she knew she loved.

#160 Edited by Shield-Maiden (2052 posts) - - Show Bio

*Drinks in interest* <3

No Caption Provided

#161 Posted by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

"Enough", his voice thundered, the apartment - nay - the entire city trembling at the gravity of Thee Champion's word. Standing from his chair, Alexis strode to the right, and his cape glowed back to life till it crackled from his shoulders like a scarlet flame. "I had pride in you, Catalina. Pride that the family was in good hands while I was comatose. But it seems that that pride was misplaced, that all it would've taken for you to ice us out was for someone to tell you the truth - tell you something you don't want to hear. You're a mother now, Cat", Thee Champion reminded, his brow scowling a storm that ancient man would worship and appease. "Is this how you're going to behave? Like a child who'd rather be told a comfortable lie than a harsh truth?".

"How many times have we been down this road before? With you regressing to someone you're not. Is this the woman you want your daughter to look up to as her mother? To look at you the same way you looked at Ziccarra?", Alexis paused, his words hanging in the air like a noose, his eyes stabbing into Catalina's with the truth. "You're supposed to learn from your mistakes, not repeat them!", his head shook. "You are not your mother. Choose to disown us if you will, but you are not your mother. Our children are not us. They're better than us. And you have been. But you hear one thing you don't like and you regress into this petulant child? Yet you have a daughter to raise!? Wake up!", Alexis growled, in disappointment more than anger. "If I'm not your father", his voice calmed and his face softened, "Then fine. Because the woman I'm looking at now, is not my daughter".

"For your daughter's sake, I hope you do"

"My daughter is strong, with a stubborn will that makes her a warrior the Romans would be envious of. Not this, a grown woman throwing a tantrum like a middle-schooler given pepper after rejecting sugar". Chin high and his eyes locked on hers, Alexis shook his head a second time, and his disappointment weighed heavy in the air like a mountain. "When I woke from my coma, I was happy. I'd heard of everything you've done. And I was proud. When your mother thought the worst of you, Leo and I fought the world for you, told her she was wrong and kept her from you. I was happy that I'd see you, Catalina - my daughter - again. But you're so consumed by anger and jealousy that you've become a slave to your emotions, to irrationality. I love you, Cat".

"And more than anything, you need to speak to your brother. You won't grow until you do. You're more than recycled DNA, but you're not acting like it". Striding towards her door, he glanced over his shoulder, the disappointment heavy on his brow, "You're an adult, and just as I can't with Leo, I can't force you to be a part of this family. I'll always fight for you, always protect you when you need it, but you haven't changed. For your daughter's sake, I hope you do". Closing the door behind him, the Miracle Man expected nothing, no plea from his daughter, no word of remorse or sigh of responsibility. Should he, and he'd stay. Yet should Catalina cling to the demons of her past as she always had, she'd hear nothing but the loud and sharp crack of thunder as Alexis - her father - took his leave.

#163 Posted by Soteria (66 posts) - - Show Bio
#164 Posted by Feral Nova (58205 posts) - - Show Bio

Image result for awkward gif

#165 Posted by Soteria (66 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#166 Posted by Feral Nova (58205 posts) - - Show Bio

@soteria: I'm not talking to you! I'm talking about the interaction! :P I already know how you are! lol

#167 Posted by Soteria (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: Ohhhhhhhhh lmao.

I was gonna say... my tastes are well known

#168 Posted by Feral Nova (58205 posts) - - Show Bio

@soteria said:

LOL

Where is the blog btw!?

I'M WAITING FOR MY HEART TO BE TORN INTO A MILLION PIECES!

#169 Edited by Soteria (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova said:
@soteria said:

LOL

Where is the blog btw!?

I'M WAITING FOR MY HEART TO BE TORN INTO A MILLION PIECES!

Soteria one should be dropping tonight >:)

Isis will come later :D

#170 Posted by Feral Nova (58205 posts) - - Show Bio
#171 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion:

No Caption Provided

She thought it was unfair, how most of them were stripped of their childhoods, thrown into adulthood and forced to figure out what was happening with little to no guidance.

She'd spent so many months resisting the transformation, that she forgot she was created to be perfect. Cat contained the best qualities of Ziccarra too. She tried to say something but the door slammed close; part of her was content with letting him fly away. She'd convince herself that HE wronged HER and use it as fuel to never speak to him again. He was wrong about one thing, she did change. It was noticeable through her actions, the Catalina of old would use destructive manipulative means to deal with things like jealousy and Anger.

But now, she hid the unable to tend to or rid herself of all the suppressed emotions--She didn't know how to deal with her own feelings.

"Hey Daddy Issues. I'm not really an expert at parents or what not...but I think you might wanna say sorry. And mean it"

Maricela said descending the stairs shaking her head. Cat thought she was gone, and she was; but for some strange reason the teen thought best to sneak into her room (which meant she needed to check it later).

"Mom? you might need to cry"

Mari said seeing the pain in the eyes of her mother. Plopping down next to her the rebellious teen rest her head on Cat's thigh whilst rubbing her mothers' back.

"My other mom used to tell me all the time that crying is how you refresh your system. You clearly have a lot of refreshing to do. I personally don't think you're wrong, but I don't think he was either. I understand your point, but his also makes sense. I don't know who this Leo person is but you might need to talk to him...less hostil-ish, but I know that you love the man that just left...and you didn't want it to end like that."

Cat broke a rigid smile before stroking Mari's thick black hair. Like Catalina, Mari's genetic code was similar to Ziccarra;

No Caption Provided

However since she was conceived conventionally she retained her birth father's likeness. Opening and closing her palm Mari sought to open a portal in front of her grandfather mid-flight and deposit him back in the apartment.

#172 Posted by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

"Life isn't fair"

Taking to the skies, Thee Champion's cape spread like the wings of an angel. Yet as he soared to the heavens once worshiped by man, he was all god, free from the tyranny of age - and the human condition. But though he climbed above the clouds, something pulled at his mind and drew his glance back at his daughter's apartment. A second heartbeat, different, it's drumming calmer than Catalina's. And in those nanoseconds - that infinitesimal moment of distraction - was all that was needed for Alexis to stray into the portal before him. As it swallowed him whole, his steel muscles twitched, and his hands closed into fists ready to shatter the threat that'd come for him. And yet, as the portal spat him out, it was not at an enemy's doorstep, but back in his daughter's apartment.

There, his muscles relaxed, and fists that could end worlds eased back into hands that saved lives. His cape caught the warm glow of light from the window behind him, and his eyes met Maricela's. She resembled Catalina, and Ziccarra. And as his gaze peered past flesh and bone, it found that resemblance sitting strong in the genes for her powers. "Maricela", he said, glancing at Catalina, "Your daughter". She was young. Too young to be so in control of her powers with little guidance and training. Only recently had she found Catalina, and surely her adoptive parents knew nothing of control over that which made her - a demigoddess - beyond their world. She's a prodigy, Alexis thought, crossing his arms over his chest. Calmly, the quiet intensity faded from his face, and his eyes softened at his granddaughter - and then at Catalina.

"There's a quote I've been familiar with for as long as I can remember. That "We're all the hero of our own story". I'm not sure how much I believe that quote, but we do all have our own individual stories", he paused, his gaze - a father's gaze - set firmly on Catalina. "And at some point, everyone's story includes the loss of one's parents. But don't shut me out of your life while I'm still alive. Don't set that kind of example for your daughter". Stepping forward and uncrossing his arms, Thee Champion's godhood mellowed, and a peek into his remaining humanity gave greater weight to his words. "Life isn't fair, Cat. It's never going to be fair. Life is as mean-spirited as it is beautiful. None of us have had an easy road. You know what you've been through, as does the family. It's why your brother was so protective of you when you were sick".

"But do you know what the rest of us have been through? Your brother lost his home universe. Call it what you want, an alternate timeline, a poor man's universe, but he lost everything. Maya had her consciousness ripped out of the womb by the Third Society and forced into an adult body that wasn't hers. Tassi's seen her own mother try to kill her, then die, then see her father in a coma, and Zeon's madness. And I saw my wife try to kill her own family, then die, then I fall into a coma where all I could do was worry about whether or not my kids were okay.. and then finally wake from my coma, only to have my own daughter tell me I'm not her father". With his words hanging in the air, Alexis continued.

"But none of this gives any of us a license to attack one another. I know how you feel. You're right to be angry, you've had it harder than any of us. And Leo isn't helping by not being here. But don't let that anger make you forget that we love you, and that I would die for you. So, spend time with your daughter and live your life as freely as you've always wanted. I'll clean up this mess. My only suggestion?", Alexis paused, "Talk to Leo. Really talk. No lashing out, no accusations. Because you know how he is". Shifting his gaze to Maricela, the Miracle Man smiled, sympathetic. "I wished we could've met under better circumstances. My name is Alexis".

#173 Edited by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Cat's head snap from Mari to her dad, how did she? Cat's lessons on controlling the Darkness were seemingly paying off. Maricela learned how to manifest portal way faster than she did initially.

"Y-yeah. Dad that's my daughter" Cat said turning back to Mari with an almost proud smirk. In that moment they made eye contact, Daughter and Father, cursed with the stubbornness that often plagued her mother.

She didn't give any one else a thought, they'd all been through some truly traumatic events; neither was actually worse than the other, and why was she really mad? He was here now she could do as she pleased. Perhaps the thought of losing Tassi and So-So was a thing too--she honestly didn't know what she was going through. And her period was on the horizon.

"I know" Maricela said still rubbing Catalina's back. "I looked after you while you were resting. I'm glad you got better because being cooped up in this apartment was boring as f" Before Maricela could release the curse world Catalina's palm gliding over the back of her head. Mari caught the burning scowl coming from her mother, feeling her gaze against the side of her face.

"Boring. It was just boring..."

"I'm sorry." Cat admitted rising from her seated position, her once fiery gaze evaporating with every step towards her father. "You're right. I never stopped to think about all the things everyone else is going through, or had been through. I was so wrapped up in my own emotions, I couldn't empathize with anyone else. But please believe me when I tell you. I'm so sorry for saying what I said about being your daughter. I never should've said that. Seriously"

#174 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@siniopo:

No Caption Provided

The entire situation hang in the balance, all identifiable information (Fingerprints, DNA) would suggest that she was Ziccarra. However there were two huge differences that a reasonable person could spot. One, Catalina's eyes were a different color than her mother. 2, there was the Capgras Syndrome in her actual DNA, something Ziccarra did not have.

Cat eyed the room many of the reporters hung back, hesitant to actually approach who they assumed was Ziccarra Liafador. Taking a sip of the water she requested, her cinnamon eyes cut through the crowd before falling on a man pushing through with an armed guard.

'This must be him' She thought knowing her mind was tethered to Sin. Cat pressed her back against the chair eying him as if she didn't care for his presence--she didn't.

"What is Sun'Cheon?" She asked masterfully imitating her mother's Iberian accent. "And who is Mousa Said" She didn't know what the plan was from here, she was leaving it to good faith that her "partner in crime" was setting the stage for a prison break with her desired results.

#175 Posted by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

The manner in which Catalina disciplined her daughter - a firm hand to the back of the head - was yet another shade of Ziccarra in Thee Champion's eyes. A good one. His daughter, it seemed, had her late mother's strength of character. She need only know how to use it. And as he met eyes with Maricela, Alexis glimpsed at a shade of Catalina herself. Be it one's siblings or oneself, the shades of one's parents always await one in the future. And at times - in the present itself. "I can understand your boredom", Alexis paused, sympathetic to Maricela's boredom but wearing a wisdom of years past, "But considering all the exciting things that've happened to this family in the past couple of years, I wouldn't mind some boredom", he smiled.

Words with his granddaughter however, came to pass as Catalina's voice floated to his ears, gentler than before. Locking eyes with the daughter who'd paid a grand price - a responsibility that was never hers - since Ziccarra's death and his coma, Thee Champion eased her woes. "We all make mistakes, Catalina", some more than others, humans more than gods, "And we live and we learn", gods more than humans. With a hand on her shoulder, Alexis lifted the weight of his responsibilities from her back, a weight he knew felt comparable to the gravity of mountains. "Hopefully life doesn't try and teach us this twice", he smiled, glowing with a god's knowing calm. "Your sisters and I'll be moving to Jackson, Wyoming. It's a small city, away from any media attention, peaceful. Know that you're welcome there any time", he said, eyes shifting to Maricela, "Both of you".

"Leo"

The golden eye of warmth however, closed shut as space-time glitched - and the maw of the hyper-spatial bulk opened wide beside Alexis and Catalina. And out the hyper-dimensional gate glided Leonel, caped and armored in white as though draped in the light of the heavens themselves. "Leo", Alexis stopped, the nanosecond of shock vanishing from his eyes. "Father", Leonel nodded, chin high, arms behind his back and a god's smile. "Cat", the Prince of Power added, his smile fading an inch as the portal closed shut behind him. "Must be important if you've come all the way to Earth", Alexis noted, holding his son's gaze and catching the gravity - the severity on Leonel's brow. "It never isn't, father", the Prince of Power paused, sweeping his gaze to an anomaly, an unknown; Maricela.

Nay a nanosecond of glimpsing into the genes mingling under her flesh, and Leonel smiled. "A daughter. Funny considering I'm here because of that. Specifically, your daughter, father. Tassi", Leonel began, smile fading and the air thickening. "Sometime ago I was visited by a woman, High Queen Ishara, a deity who ranks near the top of the cosmic social strata. Enormous power. I looked at her and saw no cells, no genes in her body. Only energy, purer than anything I've ever seen. And she claims that by coming to this universe, I've committed crimes against the multiverse. I'll be judged for them. But that doesn't matter, I can take care of myself. What does matter though is that she's hunting down people who've crossed over from alternate realities".

Shifting his eyes from father to sister and back again, Leonel sighed. "And one other person who has crossed over from an alternate reality is Tassi. The older one from the future, an alternate timeline. If I'm right, she's in danger".

#176 Edited by Feral Nova (58205 posts) - - Show Bio

"And one other person who has crossed over from an alternate reality is Tassi. The older one from the future, an alternate timeline. If I'm right, she's in danger".

Image result for I didn't think about that gif

#177 Edited by Soteria (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion said:

"Sometime ago I was visited by a woman, High Queen Ishara, a deity who ranks near the top of the cosmic social strata. Enormous power. I looked at her and saw no cells, no genes in her body. Only energy, purer than anything I've ever seen. And she claims that by coming to this universe, I've committed crimes against the multiverse. I'll be judged for them. But that doesn't matter, I can take care of myself. What does matter though is that she's hunting down people who've crossed over from alternate realities".

Shifting his eyes from father to sister and back again, Leonel sighed. "And one other person who has crossed over from an alternate reality is Tassi. The older one from the future, an alternate timeline. If I'm right, she's in danger".

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love all of this.

#178 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion:

Maya...
Maya...

Before Cat could react to her father's idea of them moving to the United States, space distort around them, bending seemingly on command; from it's thralls emerged Leonel.

"Leo." She said placing restraints on the feelings she previously had with him in order to move forward. For a moment Leonel's attention was placed on Mari, but then shifted to their father in regard to Tassi.

He spoke on the coming of a powerful being, cosmic in nature with some sort of vendetta against those who traverse the multiverse.

"Mari, go to your room." Cat commanded not caring to look in her direction.

"No way this is all getti..."

"I really hate repeating myself...NOW" Cat hissed her jaw tightening as she finally placed her cinnamon eyes on her rebellious daughter. Her eyes trace the young girl's path up the stairs before turning to meet her father and siblings blowing an exaggerated sigh.

"Future Tassi?" Cat chimed in a bit confused. Cat was dead throughout the entire Spanish Revolution period which excluded her from the events that caused the downfall of the Liafador empire.

"She's a judge"

A voice rang out before space and time was distorted again, and the power princess herself emerged from the portal this time.

No Caption Provided

"Papa, Cat. Leo." Maya said shooting a quaint smile in his direction, though she knew he was only here on official business it was nice to know that he was doing well... and that she could finally throw away those dusty old flannels he used to wear; because he clearly couldn't fit them anymore.

"She's a Universal judge, she sits high in a realm that most of us cannot touch, but she oversee's cases that jeopardize multiverse stability. We're forgetting one huge thing...we've all crossed into different timelines. Maya said recalling how she sneezed and accidentally sent Cat her parents to "M".

"There's this place known as the Court of Courts, it's like a cosmic library of vast knowledge, but you can only read about past events, past timelines. It's actually really easy to find--if you know what you're looking for. In this library, there are universal beings created for it's upkeep. Some of them were born there, others are serving out a lengthy punishment. Universe Hoppers.

Catalina shook her head in the corner waving her hands as if she was struggling to gain what was going on. "Let's focus on the big problem. This future Tassi, where is she? If the Queen or whatever can't find her. Does this mean she'll take it out on ours?"

The Power Princess shrugged it was hard to gauge what the Queen would do. "But she should becoming to visit you too. You PULLED two people from another universe Cat". Maya reminded.

"There's more. There was this book entitled the "War of Kings" it was pretty much a book detailing the destruction of the other judges. They all killed each other. Judges are supposed to be 100% impartial It's why they were created. The longer they stay in a specific universe they begin to take on the traits of the universe they inhabit. The last thing we need...is a partial judge..

Maya spent many of her days tuning her body with the vibrations of the Universe, she could feel the cosmic forces dancing around the multiverse, her time as the phoenix enlightened her to the presence of cosmic beings and forces beyond. They were dealing with a delicate situation, a situation others were willing to break.

#179 Posted by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

There was no mistaking the tension between Catalina and Leonel. The Miracle Man felt it crackle in the air, though more from his daughter than his son. Leonel it seemed, had long embraced what Alexis had only just accepted - his godhood. And in doing so, distanced himself from the human condition. With Maricela dismissed to her room, all eyes swept the room to catch Maya stepping out the folds of space-time. At the echo of Maya's warning, time itself stood still, and Alexis could feel the eyes of fate staring him from the back as he and his children awaited their judgment from a cosmic courtroom. All children but Leonel. "I don't recognize Ishara's authority over us", Leonel made clear, arms crossing over his chest in defiance.

"And what sense does fighting them make?"

"Least of all if our entire family's in danger", Alexis added, passing his gaze over his children. "But I don't plan on going to war with these Universal Judges. Not unless I have to. Instead, I'll plead our case, that we're no danger to the multiverse's stability". Left brow raised, the Leonel - the Prince of Power - questioned his father's willingness to yield to the High Queen's demands. "You'll go to trial? And meet the demands of a being who claims to have the multiverse's best interests at heart yet does nothing to stop the likes of the Abyssal Imperium and Nordok?", all threats that Leonel himself was arming to confront. "I'm sorry but I'm not going any further south with this shit", Leonel asserted, convinced that the Universal Judges regard them all with a cruel sense of amusement. "And what sense does fighting them make?", Alexis countered, turning to face his son with the same raised brow Leonel'd questioned him with.

"You yourself pointed out that the High Queen gave off more power than you've ever felt. And she's only one of these beings who demand we go on trial", Thee Champion reminded, drawing a knowing gleam from Leonel's eye. "You're not telling me anything I don't know, father. Other than Maya, I'm the only one who has had a personal encounter with these beings. I wouldn't be defiant if I thought my probability of success was zero. I know what I'm doing. And what I'm doing", Leonel paused, shifting his gaze to Catalina, "Is for all of us. There are things that even Universal Judges will have problems with. All I need is time". Catalina however, was quick to pull father and son back to what drew their attention to cosmic judgment.

"If Ishara can't find future Tassi, I don't suspect she'll target our Tassi, a child, for a crime that she might commit. But we can never be too safe. At some point, Ishara'll visit one of us next. Till then, we should all probably keep an eye on Tassi", Leonel suggested, earning a nod from Alexis before their gazes came to rest on Maya. "Then when we need to make sure that the High Queen doesn't overstay her welcome", Thee Champion declared, his mind surrendering to the gravity of a partial Universal Judge.

Avatar image for tassiana_pettis
#180 Posted by Tassiana_Pettis (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador: @thee_champion:

While the family was busy deliberating what they were going to do regarding the High Queen, out in the park just across the street was Tassiana, Star and So-so. It was a routine thing for the trio to go to the park together. So-so never left Tassi alone unless it couldn’t be helped for whatever reason. Ever since she first met Catalina and was told that the future Matriarch of the family could very well rest in the balance of this five year old who was currently playing leapfrog with Star, she was sure to tend to her needs if she could.

But as they were playing, Tassi knew something bad was coming, because the family only came together when something bad was going to happen. It happened when mommy got sick, when Yaya got sick, when Catalina was sick, when mommy died and when daddy and Yaya were put in a long sleep. Bad things always made everyone come home.

She could feel Leo in the apartment, along with daddy, Yaya, Cat and Mari and she could feel the different emotions going on inside. They were scared and mad and… other things Tassi didn’t really know. She just knew… something really bad was going to happen. As Star jumped up and over her Tassi gave a laugh as she then got up and ran and lept over him. But after a few minutes… she stopped, breathing a little heavy as she looked up at So-So who was perched up in one of the trees, her deep blue eyes fixated on the apartment.

No Caption Provided

“What do you think they’re talking about?” Tassi finally asked, walking up to the tree. “Leo didn’t even come to say ‘hi’ before he went in… he felt… mad.”

So-so eyes shifted to the youngest Pettis. Her emotionless face never wavering as she took in a deep breath. “They’re probably talking about the castle that appeared in New York City. Remember that one day when you said you ‘felt’ something but didn’t know it was?”

Tassi’s eyes widen as she nod her head. She did remember! It wasn’t that long ago Tassi felt something…. Big somewhere. She didn’t know what it was. At first she thought it was daddy, or Leo… but it was something bigger even than them.

“Maya felt it too.” So-so continued. She could tell that Maya had been on edge lately, and it begun at the same time there was news coverage of the giant castle in the sky. The uncertainty in her eyes, the way she carried herself and even spoke, it told So-so that Maya knew more about the situation than anyone else probably did.

“Is the big thing… bad?” The Darling Pettis asked, now floating up to the tree as she held onto Star, until she found a branch that was big enough for both of them to sit.

The once lost Cardinal shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. We won't find out till something happens.”

Something bad probably. Tassi sat the branch as she had one hand on Star. “Maybe… it’s not bad. Maybe they just want to talk.”

“Maybe, but I wouldn’t go-” before she could finish her sentence, with a gust of wind and a flash of blue light, Tassi was gone with Star. “Aw funk…” So-so mumbled knowing that she was going to have to explain what happened to the hoard of Liafadors in the apartment.

#181 Edited by Siniopo (32 posts) - - Show Bio
"Sun'cheon is a multi-national corporation."

"Sun'cheonis a multi-national corporation." Asam smiled pacing around Catalina to face the crowd of intimidated correspondents. "Founded by Fasi Said, the father of the heir Mousa Said. Sun'cheon createsproduct to make our lives and ultimately the Earth better, healthier and cleaner. " Beydoun's bodyguard stood stoic, containing controlled power within that he was ready to unleash when necessary.

Moments later outside the Visitation Room...

No Caption Provided

Nearby Sin jostled through the freed inmates for his beeline to the visitation room. The alarm had gone off and already put Catalina and the correspondents on alert. To clean up his path he dispersed a nano drone, spraying a sleeping agent to nullify the prisoners. They would completely forget what occurred within the past 24 hours.

He completed his task and locked-in contact with a Liafador connected to Kane. His daughter of all people. The Cyber Con had no reason to continue playing his Zia identity. As off the grid and unconventional as he was, Sin had a code of honor he stood by. Catalina did her part and agreed to help him stir a pot with his mother’s murderer. Even trusted his plan of escape, putting her main goal of concealment at risk appearing before media goons.

fatal_sin_error
fatal_sin_error

Using his wireless hacking, Sin latched onto the prison’s network for another strike. He slithered through the database pulling up all data with the keywords: “CATALINA , ZICCARRA , LIAFADOR ”. He found her profile and the cyber trail they were creating and feeding to the Daytonville government jurisdiction. With a thought, the data was sabotaged. The emails the Daytonville police received suddenly were corrupted and required an 8-key password none of them had to access. He even altered the Subject title and contents of the data to: fatal_sin_error

Catalina and her mother’s digital trace in this prison were erased completely. Not a digital byte traced. The analog data was something he figured Ziccarra had already planned to handle.

“I’m right around the corner, and I'm gonna do something. I need you to stand by the door leading to the visitor clearance and leave the room as soon as it opens. I’m gonna smoke the room out. ” Putting them to sleep would give them more time to escape the prison while clearing their trace of ever being there. He planned on championing through that sandstorm to get out of this prison. By any means necessary.

@catalina_liafador

#182 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@tassiana_pettis: @thee_champion:

It's not that simple
It's not that simple

It'd been a while since they were all together, and in their right minds. The time and events between their last meeting wore heavy on each of their shoulders. Leonel grew detached from them, Alexis was in the early stages of doing the same; Catalina was dealing with identity issues, and Maya was struggling to regain strength lost when she sacrificed herself on Cape Tassi.

Cat's eyes moved back and forth to her family members before moving toward the kitchen for a beer. She was the weakest one here in terms of combat prowess, which she thought was strange because she'd always been more combat educated than Maya; but with the unpredictable nature of the Prized Fighter there was no way to know for sure if she'd even make it to a fight...should the situation call for it.

"I don't think antagonizing her is the way to go." She finally said snapping the top off her beer before allowing the bubbly liquid to part her lips. "You said it yourself, she's met with you. If you were in any danger she would've took care of you right then and there. Let's say she does this trial and the verdict is not guilty but somewhere in between that time we fight her out of some false sense of survival; how do we know that won't then change the outcome?" The Catalan Contessa shrugged her shoulders on the matter, the idea of actively resisting didn't sit well with her; but then again she hadn't actually met the High Queen like Leonel did. "It's not that simple. If she decides we're unfit for life then we'll be gone before we even notice it. But we're focusing on a small aspect of the entire situation, she's a Universal Judge; it's not just us who will be judged...Addison and any other people that forced themselves across the multiverse. We could be staring a possible extinction in the face."

Cat's eyes traced Maya's demeanor, she never knew the Power Princess to be so...adamant about anything; but it seemed this "High Queen" drew the worry from her younger sister. "I'm sure everything will be fine, so long as some other idiot doesn't do anything to..."

No Caption Provided

Her eyes pulled from Maya to the window, she'd been taking care of Tassi to long to not know when her power spiked, even without natural powers of her own.

Before she could open the door, So-So burst in heralding bad new. "Tassi's gone. We were outside at the park talking about the castle that appeared in New York...and she just disappeared her and Star".

Cat's brows narrowed, internally she was frustrated. When it was just them Tassi would never run off on her own--(Save for that one time Star convinced her there was cotton candy in the attic which became a situation altogether.)

"I'll go get her" Cat said clearly irritated. After all the work she went through to keep there identities a secret. Though she was no longer in possession of the Mind Lavaliere; it's power already surge through her veins. "I'll be back" She said disappearing in a azure light.

#183 Edited by King_Leo (610 posts) - - Show Bio

@tassiana_pettis: @catalina_liafador:

"She would've taken care of me immediately, that much is true", the Prince of Power conceded, his mind shrugging as much as his shoulders. "But fighting, war, is a game of smoke and mirrors, spent lying to the enemy and hurting them when they believe you", he reminded, "If she believes I can't harm her, good. But", Leonel smiled, earning a raise of his father's brow, "I don't intend on fighting. Only resisting arrest. I have a plan, I don't have to fight". Thee Champion however, stood skeptical of his son's intentions, "I agree with Cat. Resistance'll get us nowhere. We'll stand trial and prove our innocence. And if it comes down to it and we have to, we'll protect the family however we need".

As the weight of a cosmic crime sat heavy on their shoulders, Leonel watched as both his father - Thee Champion - and his sister - Catalina - made their thoughts known. The Prince of Power'd said his piece, and stood defiant with his arms crossed over his chest like a shield. He would bow to the authority of no king or queen, high or not, cosmic or earthly. Yet as the familiar chorus of his father and sister's voices echoed about him, Leonel felt his attention - his senses - stretch elsewhere. And he caught the hum of Tassiana's energy fade to nothing like a thunderclap gone silent. She was gone. Shit. "Tassi's gone", he and Catalina noted as one. Yet while she vanished in a flash of sapphire, Leonel glanced back at his father with the hope that he'd stay behind.

"You should stay"

"You should stay. All three of us showing up'd be a mistake. Our combined energy would be sensed immediately, and they might mistake this for an attack. We'll bring Tassi back", Leonel promised, vanishing into the maw of higher-dimensional space to reappear in the High Queen's domain; the Court of Courts. In the meantime, Thee Champion placed his hopes in his children, and his eyes returned to Maya. He'd leave mankind in their care come the day of his passing. If he was to trust in them, it'd have to be now.

#184 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Continued from the Court of Courts

You may...
You may...

As Leonel departed, Cat grabbed her younger sister and Star and teleported back to Daytonville. The three of them appeared in the middle of Cat's living room, that's when she could no longer hold.

Tassi's panicked pleas for another chance sent a flurry of guilt through Cat's system all of which hit a crescendo when Tassi called her mom.

Plopping down on the couch her eyes surveyed her sister's demeanor, the once energetic aura the Darling little Pettis used to give off was eaten away by Cat's acidic revelation. She felt betrayed--and to be honest Cat felt like a traitor.

"Mija." Cat called out trying to draw Tassi's attention, tears curving at her cheeks before dissipating on the floor.

"We've been through alot, You and I. There are times where I wasn't going to make it; and it was only you that kept me going." Cat took a deep breath before wiping the tears from her cinnamon tinted eyes, her ducts swelling red from the sheer amount of tears manifesting beyond her lids.

"But sweetheart, you're a child and the most important member of this team. You spent so many years learning from us, but now it's our time to learn from you. None of us were given a childhood, to be loved by a family that we willing to die for you. Leonel spent his entire life fighting for survival. It's our time to learn from you, but in order for us to do that. You need to live amongst regular people, be taught by regular people; learn regular things. The world doesn't need more extraordinary people, it needs more regular people to do extra-ordinary things. One day you'll find yourself solving the world's problems without the help of a goddess.

Cat needed to go check in with Leo, but first she needed to compose herself before departing, turning back toward Tassi she left her with a final thought.

"You may think I'm giving you away, I'm not. I have soo much I want to teach you, I have soo much I want you to see. If you ever just need to be with me, baby please come, come see me. But this is the greatest gift a Liafador will ever get--and you deserve it."

#185 Posted by Tassiana_Pettis (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

As the three got back home, Tassi stayed very quiet. She didn’t have anything else to say, her head hung, her tears still falling from her face. Cat didn’t want her. Cat didn’t love her. No one did… Maya was wrong… no one wanted Tassi. Daddy was only taking her because Cat was sending her away for being bad. She was bad. Hearing the only living motherly figure in her life call out to her caused Tassi to close her eyes tighter and her shoulders trembled. Afraid of what else Cat was going to say. She couldn’t get herself to look at Cat. It hurt too much.

But her words were soft. They weren’t angry like back at the library. Her little shoulders relaxed as she opened her painful red eyes. She tilted her head up to look at Cat, who was crying too now. Tassi didn’t understand why she had to go. She didn’t understand what Cat meant about learning from herself. She didn’t want anyone to die for her. She didn’t want to live with regular people. She wanted to stay here, with Cat, with Mari, with Maya with So-So and Star, this was her home.

Tassi still remembers her mother’s words about being a Liafador. How they were important people and that regular people looked to for times of trouble. It was drilled in the young Liafador-Pettis. But now Cat was telling her the opposite? She wanted Tassi to be… regular? She was sending Tassi away because she was being too… extraordinary?

Catalina was right though. The two had been through so much together, and Tassi remembered all of it, down to the first meeting of each other when Tassi was just a few months old. When the sisterly bond was first established before Catalina even came back to the living (which Tassi still didn't know to this day that she was once previously dead). But her most precious memory was when Cat asked Tassi to come live with her.

"Let me take care of you. Let's be a family.”

But now… it was changing... She didn't want to be a family anymore.

"You may think I'm giving you away, I'm not. I have soo much I want to teach you, I have soo much I want you to see. If you ever just need to be with me, baby please come, come see me. But this is the greatest gift a Liafador will ever get--and you deserve it."

Tassi watched as Cat got up and walk away and the pain in her chest only swelled even more. She wanted to teach her things? She wanted to show her things? But she giving her to dad? She didn’t understand any of it… and it just made things hurt even more. As Catalina was out of view, Tassi walked off too, to her room to begin packing her things. "C-ome on Star..." Her voice cracked, thick from crying as she tried to wipe her tears from her eyes. "Let's go with daddy."

#186 Posted by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@tassiana_pettis:

No Caption Provided

There was no mistaking the shift in the air. To a father, a daughter's sadness was as prominent as a force of nature. And in his daughter, Thee Champion saw the lump of sorrow sit in her throat, and her heart sink to the pit of her gut. The steel muscles in his face softened, and his eyes glimpsed at Star with sympathy, watching his daughter's faithful companion trail her steps no matter where they took him. Alexis' children were the last great tether to his learned humanity. To see Tassiana like this was to have the color fade from his world and see it grow grey. And Thee Champion had seen enough. Silently, he glided into her room, his scarlet cape spreading like wings as though he were his daughter's guardian angel.

And as much as he climbed the clouds as this world's hero, he was Tassiana's hero first.

"When I was your age, I would run off on adventures too", he began, voice soft and his eyes warm. "See, I... daddy", he corrected himself, smiling as he landed, feet touching the floor, "Was different. Daddy didn't have a mother or a father, not real ones at least. Because daddy", he paused, glancing at the window to catch the golden glow floating in, "Was born in the Sun". Too bright to look at, yet too beautiful to ignore. The glowing god of the ancient man. And as his eyes returned to his daughter's, his words - his aura - became a feeling. A falling of falling into his brightness, and the Sun's. A feeling of dreaming without sleep. "But there was no mother and father in the Sun. Daddy was born alone, but in a place that people - entire civilizations - have dreamed about for thousands of years". Alexis was a Miracle Man, a divine being born from nothing but random chaotic fluctuations in the vast sea of entropy man calls "the universe".

"But daddy came here, to Earth. Here, a military woman adopted me, and raised me. But every Saturday, daddy would sneak off and go on an adventure back to the Sun. To where daddy was born. Like you, daddy would also get scolded for it", Alexis smiled, his eyes and face wistful at the memory of a simpler time long since past. "And at the time, it was difficult to understand why. But now, daddy understands. Tassi", his smile shortened, "When we get angry or upset with something you've done, it's not because we hate you or don't love you anymore. It's because we love you and are worried about you. Our lives are not easy. We live in a world where bad things happen. And we don't want bad things to happen to you. It's why we tell you stay home and not run off. Your siblings and I are older".

"We've lived more than most people could imagine. But you? You're still very young. Five years old only. You still have so much to live for. You want to be brave and strong? Well, baby", he paused, lowering to a knee beside his daughter, "You need to be brave and strong enough to trust that we're doing what we think is best for you. We haven't always succeeded, sometimes we make mistakes, but we'll never stop trying. I'm not taking you to Wyoming because I want to punish you", he said, wiping his daughter's tears with fingers that could turn mountains to dust. "It's because there, no one'll bother us. It's nice and peaceful, you'll see other animals for you and Star to play with, and whenever you want to see Cat, I'll bring you back here".

"But no more running off on your own. If you want to go adventures, then let's make a deal. Every Saturday, I will take you anywhere you want to go, and we'll end the day by going to the Sun, so you can see where daddy was born".

#187 Posted by Alana_Callahan (207 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG he's such a good dad what the hell you're all absolutely attacking my emotions

#188 Posted by Tassiana_Pettis (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion:

She continued to sniff, wiping her nose with the sleeve of her shirt as she began grabbing her clothes from her dresser and started stuffing them in a suitcase, not really sure how to pack her belongings. She sad and hurt and mad and felt unwanted. She then opened up Star’s suitcase (which was a simple lunch pail that she used to pack his snacks for their adventure) and told him to start putting his stuff in there, so he did. One by one getting items like his favorite ball, and his bag of treats.

She then felt him, daddy, come in the room. She loved daddy, she really did, but daddy had been gone for a really long time. How did she know he wasn’t going to leave her again? She stopped what she was doing and turned to look at him as he began to talk about how he liked to go on adventures. But the trip to the castle in the sky wasn’t for adventures, it was so she could help protect the family. But his story captured her attention, when she found out that daddy was born in the sun! The Darling Pettis couldn’t help but look out the window and up towards the general direction of the sun. She couldn’t look directly at it, but it was still super exciting to know that’s where daddy came from!

She quietly listened to everything he said, soaking into her memory like a sponge. How daddy was alone when he was born, and how he was adopted by regular people. Regular people… that’s who Cat said she had to learn from… regular people, just like the people who took daddy in. So regular people… were good people and Tassi had to be with them and learn from them.

Tassi also couldn’t help but smile, as she heard that daddy got in trouble too for going on adventures. Turning to look at her father who towered over her like a strong pillar as he explained that everything they did for her, it was because they loved her and wanted to protect her. As he wiped the final tears from her face she nod her little head, showing she understood everything he was telling her. Her heart hurt a little less, and the pain in her throat was slowly go away.

Then, a deal was offered to the Tiny Liafador. Every Saturday an adventure, WHEREVER she wanted to go AND they got to visit where daddy was born! Her eyes lit up as she looked down at Star who was now sitting next to her as he gave a small huff of approval. “DEAL!” She jumped up, hugging him as tightly as her little arms could. “But daddy…” Tassi pulled away, looking at her father in the eyes. “Do you promise… not to leave me anymore?”

#189 Posted by Alana_Callahan (207 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion:

Her eyes lit up as she looked down at Star who was now sitting next to her as he gave a small huff of approval. “DEAL!” She jumped up, hugging him as tightly as her little arms could. “But daddy…” Tassi pulled away, looking at her father in the eyes. “Do you promise… not to leave me anymore?”

This is so cute and also I DIEEEEEEEEEEE omg Tassi :(

#190 Posted by Feral Nova (58205 posts) - - Show Bio
#191 Posted by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@tassiana_pettis:

The Miracle Man could hear sounds from across the globe. Conversations from continents oceans away. Subsonic sounds in next door cities. And even broadcast communications his ears plucked from the air and demodulated into sound. Yet as his daughter wrapped her arms round him tight and reminded him of the golden paradise of childhood, his ears muffled all sounds but her voice. She was pure. A light in a family that too often blotted out the Sun with their own darkness. She was his last great tether to emotions as mankind understood them. "Tassi", he smiled, voice soft as he wrapped his arms around his daughter, "I never left you. I was taken from you", by Shayla - an enemy he'd soon make answer for her deed.

"And I promise to never be taken from you". That he swore not with the certainty of a god, but the conviction of a soldier, for separating him from his daughter was an act of war. Meeting his daughter's eyes, he kissed the top of her head like any father would, and rose to his feet. Though the burden of heroism weight heavily on his shoulder and whispered into his ears that he - Thee Champion - was needed a million places at once, he clung more to his responsibility as a father. "You'll be going to school soon, Tassi", he said, certain to find her a fitting school, she was a bright child brimming with initiative. "But there's a lesson only daddy can teach you". Alexis had lived his life a stranger on Earth. It was not the place of his birth, the Sun was. And though he protected them, these were not his people. Perhaps it made his deeds greater, to protect and lay his life for those he feels no sense of community for.

They could not teach Tassiana to be what she truly was. A goddess.

"And that is how to control your powers".

#192 Posted by Feral Nova (58205 posts) - - Show Bio

Related image

#193 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@siniopo:

No Caption Provided

She rubbed her eyebrows a sign that she was only partly listening to the information that was presented--a flaw of hers. She probably should've been paying enough attention to see why this person developed an interest in her; however before any more intel probing could be done the prisons alarm begin to blare; sending everyone in the room into a panic.

'Not very conspicuous, but it gets the job done.' She thought pushing away from the table; her sudden movements placing the escort mechs and the media correspondents on guard.

Making a B-line toward the door on the far side, the escort mechs jumped into action looking to cut off her escape with what appeared to be stun batons.

Swaying out of the way of the first baton, Cat utilized the momentum of the robot's swing to snatch the baton. Doubling back she jammed the baton into the 'heart' of the one behind her. Her attention rest too long on the short circuiting mech, which allowed the disarmed one to grasp hold of her.

Throwing her body and shoulder to the ground she was able to dislodge it, but not before it'd already left a troublesome bruise. The door opened, soon as it did the Catalan Countess rolled out staying long enough to see the smoke rise in the room--that'd deal with the media; but what about the mechs.

"When we have safe passage, I'll find Kane. For now what's the plan" She asks taking note to the almost hurricane like sandstorm bellowing in the distance.

#194 Posted by Tassiana_Pettis (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion:

"Tassi I never left you. I was taken from you. And I promise to never be taken from you".

Her eyes followed her father as he rose up. The tiny Pettis sapphire eyes began to water, not from sadness, but from knowing that daddy never willingly left her. He didn’t want to leave her. She sniffed, wiping her eyes as daddy mentioned school.

Cat mentioned school too. She only knew what school was from TV. Where a bunch of kids sat at desks while a teacher talked a lot. Cat said she was going to walk her to her first day of school… that was before everything happened. But then daddy talked about teaching Tassi something…

“YOU’RE GOING TO TRAIN ME!?” She yelled out in excitement. No one, with the exception of Leo when she was like… a year old, taught her how to use her power. Mommy and So-So were teaching Tassi how to use weapons, but no one sat and taught her how to use her powers. She figured it was because they were always so busy. Cat was always busy taking care of her, and she never wanted to bother Cat. Mari was still learning how to use her powers. Maya just came back and as far as they knew, So-So had no powers. BUT NOW SHE WAS GOING TO LEARN!

“Can you teach me how to fly!?” She asked, clapping her hands. She had never been able to fly on her own without using Nayru. But she wanted to be able to learn how to fly on her own! Like a big girl!

#195 Posted by Thee_Champion (6606 posts) - - Show Bio

@tassiana_pettis:

Few things lit the warmth - the remaining humanity - in his heart like the pitch of excitement rising in his daughter's voice. Finally it seemed, that Tassiana understood. He, Catalina and so on were not harsh wardens, but loving guardians. Holding her gaze with a father's smile, Alexis nodded, "Absolutely". In their infancy humans learned how to walk. Tassiana - a goddess - would trade the ground for the heavens and learn to fly. "And it'll be amazing, sweetheart", the Miracle Man promised, "You'll see the world from the clouds the way daddy can. And at night, you'll be able to better show Star the full moon he likes to howl at". Running his fingers through his daughter's hair, Alexis reminded, "Now finish packing, Tassi. We'll get you and Star some ice cream on the way".

Glancing at his daughter's German Shepherd, the Miracle Man passed his eyes over Star's albino fur, and for a moment so brief it was hardly of notice, he marveled at the dog's coat. It was white as snow. The snow Tassiana'd find in abundance come their settling in Jackson, Wyoming. Ziccarra'd never liked Star. She tolerated him, if only for her daughter's sake. But even she, wherever her spirit rested - if at all - had to appreciate the pillar and coat of warmth Star had been for Tassiana. No companion was more faithful, and no partner more willing to partake in the adventure and child's schemes that often wrapped round Tassiana's mind. The two'd come a long way from making mud pies in the Liafador Palace gardens.

"You're a good boy, Star", Alexis smiled, the blue in his eyes warmed by appreciation as he scratched Star behind the ear till his tail wagged a storm. Amid the chaos that so often engulfed her family, Star had remained the one constant in Tassiana's life. And Alexis vowed to ensure that never change.