• 127 results
Avatar image for catalina_liafador
#101 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1442 posts) - - Show Bio
#102 Posted by Shanana (60265 posts) - - Show Bio

@daughter_of_nordok: (Going to reply here for Cat)

@eclipso:

No Caption Provided

Mari perked up at the sound of someone screaming in Spanish, of course it was Catalina.

I just told that woman I don't speak Spanish

But the Alien's spear parted Mari and Fahad hitting him in the ribcage, as he struggled to rise back to his feet, the misplaced Liafador immediately rush to his side, he wasn't in the right state to actually fight back, nor was he in the condition to continue to put down the fires; or even save anyone.

"We have to---" she started, before her attention was shifted to the staff streaking across the battlefield on it's own. "Mom!" Mari yelled, but it was too late. As the Prize Fighter turned to heed her daughter's call, Baerda's spear penetrate Cat's "Goddess Armor" causing the Prize Fighter to tumble backwards and eventually to the ground. Rushing to her mother's side, Maricela assessed the damage, while thrown with a considerable amount of force, it manage to miss anything vital--though from the visible pain dispersing through Cat's face, and the guttural moans; she could tell it hurt a lot.

"M-Mari..." Cat called out pulling her only child in close, trying to formulate a sentence. "I-I..." For the first time in their estranged relationship the 16 year old child felt something for this woman. "I-m not going to leave you..." Mari murmured tears swelling at her eyes.

"Fk...that...heal me..." Cat gasp. And just like that the moment was gone.

No Caption Provided

"Alright but let me deal with her." Mari screamed, jumping between her mother and the alien. Mari's powers were just starting to come to life; they were undefined, but she knew she could heal...and teleport.

Extending one hand forward, with the other behind her; she sought to open a portal on all sides of Baerda, which would temporarily take her out of the fight, while using her other hand to send a heal pulse over her mother and Fahad.

With Baerda dealt with for now, she rushed back to her mother's side with Fahad to try and develop a plan.

"That's not going to hold her for long...."

#103 Posted by Mr. Mercury (20595 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda feel bad for Bearda now lol

Avatar image for daughter_of_nordok
#104 Posted by Daughter_of_Nordok (401 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Posted by Mr. Mercury (20595 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I need to work on my post!

#106 Edited by Eclipso (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@daughter_of_nordok: @shanana:

No Caption Provided

Fahad felt a warm vibration course through his veins and he was renewed. A power, he thought flexing his magically rejuvenated muscles that were previously in an uncomfortable stasis. "Thank you...I'm Eclipso" It had to be the teenager that just charged into the chaos that healed him new. His gym soreness had even faded.

"You know who that blood and brimstone lady is? She looks...alien?"He scanned the scene for her, taking a defensive stance. "Where did she go?"

#107 Posted by Daughter_of_Nordok (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@eclipso: @shanana: @catalina_liafador:

Her mood had been becoming dangerously close to improving.

Two foes wounded, the civilian populace in panicked disarray, and her objective within reach: this was actually becoming an enjoyable mission for a simple retrieval. The universe swiftly righted itself, however, and a scowl spread across her azure features as portal materialized around her in suspiciously coincidental timing with the arrival of a new party. After an all-too-familiar feeling of weightless disorientation, she found herself deposited elsewhere, and gazed around to get her bearings, her scowl deepening into a twisted expression of dark fury.

The corners of her grimace twisted upwards, however, when she recognized what had occurred. She was only on the other side of the human settlement she had been ravaging; the rising smoke from her initial burst of carnage was still visible in the distance. Her new foe had simply bought her enemies some time, not secured a victory, no doubt intending to deal with the others' wounds while Baerda wasted time in returning to the field of battle.

Well then, let's subvert some expectations. If this was the heroes' world, they would be motivated to protect it and its inhabitants, giving her the freedom to control the narrative of the conflict. As she rose to her feet, a car screeched to a halt mere feet in front of her, its driver no doubt intending to flee the city and not counting on the very thing he was fleeing from appearing directly in his path. With her spear lost to her for now, the Daughter of Nordok employed other tools, ending the poor fool's life with a single bolt of negative energy and then flinging his vehicle end-over-end into a nearby service station, creating a massive explosion and pillar of burning fuel.

That should attract some attention, she thought with a twinge of malevolent glee.

#108 Posted by Shanana (60265 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahhh had i known it was my turn i wouldn’t have taken so long with that Chance post. Okies got one on the way

#109 Posted by Nordok (2148 posts) - - Show Bio

@shanana: Never any rush on my account. ^_^

Moderator Online
#110 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1442 posts) - - Show Bio

@daughter_of_nordok: @eclipso:

No Caption Provided

Cat quickly healed and converge on her daughter and Fahad's location. Her eyes quickly surveyed Mari's body to see the teen unharmed, it brought a sense of relief to her bosom. "I've never seen her before in my life, but I know what she wants." Cat answered for Mari nodding to the stone the mother-daughter duo knew rest at the bottom of the bay.

'Where'd she go' it was actually a good concern, not even Mari knew the answer to that. Her powers were so unpredictable in terms of range; any one of those portals could've teleported Baerda across town or across the cosmos.

Through the cascading ripples through the ground Cat's eyes turned inward, she was still on Fareeha, just further inland. "Well..she's still here. Good because, I wasn't done fighting."

She could see a mushroom cloud polluting the air from afar, flames could be seen dispersing through whole city blocks before waning here, on the ocean front. "She's using her power to draw us in."

"What are you going to do."

"Wouldn't want to keep her waiting."

Cat replied psionically, each blink of her eyes expose a deep red hue instead of her normal eyelids.

Mari, I need you to find that stone and get it out of here. You. Man. Come with me provide assistance to the civilians and if need be back-up. The Alien is mine"

No Caption Provided

It didn't take long for the Prize Fighter Goddess to jump back into action. Flames consumed the Daytonville streets, but they were not her concern. People overran the corners in panic, but they weren't her concern; The Prize Fighter only fought when there was something to be gained from a conflict.

Even Catalina resting within her body didn't know what exactly that prize was. She could feel the wind brushing against her previously exposed wound, but other than a bit of soreness she was as good as new.

Look no further you found me

She yelled hurling herself through the flames shield first looking to psionically charge the woman in the chest.

#111 Posted by Mr. Mercury (20595 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven’t been able to get to my computer and type, but I’m here!!!

#112 Posted by Daughter_of_Nordok (401 posts) - - Show Bio
#113 Posted by Eclipso (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador: @daughter_of_nordok:

"Yeah, let's go"

Hesitation to continue the fight lingered in his mind. The pain of the alien's attack ended physically, but grate at his confidence. All his crime fighting consisted of fighting normal people that bench pressed 130. The girl in Ziccarra's costume could probably bench over 1500 pounds. He never had any type of training on how to be a proper hero, he just winged it for one year. They seemed comfortable in these Michael Bay fX type fights.

"....You man. Come with me provide assistance to the civilians and if need be back-up. The Alien is mine" "

Fahad snapped out of his mental downward spiral and adjusted his spaced-out expression. "Yeah, let's go." Catalina had already took off into a sprint. Fahad followed behind. She was fast, physically disciplined like an acolyte loyal to the religion of athleticism. Up above, al-Saba sighted two drones hovering over the fire cataclysm. Damn, they're live streaming a terrorist attack, Fahad thought. Rocketing water past Catalina and he began smothering a section of the fire roaring through the gas station. He kept his distance to gather himself. The new smell of the raw burning flesh was nauseating. If he was going to vomit he wanted to do so off somebody's livestream.

"Let me know if...."Fahad trailed off as he witnessed Catalina let out a battle cry and charge into the hellish fire. He looked up at the drone cameras showing a glimpse of his state of awe."When do I learn to do that ****?"

To the drone livestream viewers Fahad was an unknown hero, fan comments poured into Mousa Saeed's livestream wondering exactly who he was and where he was from. Only a small portion, maybe ten out of the 43K counted viewers claimed al-Saba was a vigilante of Fareeha Island.

The second drone was recording the scene on a private channel, their was no traceable public footage to be found. It moved past Fahad and onto Catalina as she championed through the fire. Moving at a stalking pace, slow and deliberate like it was preying on the two heroes.

#114 Posted by Daughter_of_Nordok (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@eclipso: @catalina_liafador:

Against the backdrop of a city consumed in chaos, the battle raged...

Deprived of her primary weapon, Baerda had few options for defending against Catalina's charging attack, and took it full center-of-mass. She grinned in spite of herself as the crushing blow knocked the wind from her lungs and drove her backwards with the force of a freight train. For all that she sought to finish battles quickly and fulful her duties to her master, she could not deny that she reveled in fighting an opponent whose strength and skill made her a genuine challenge.

Even disarmed of her weapons, however, the Ancient's Daughter was not bereft of offense. Her left hand snapped up, seeking to lock on the rim of the shield, her intention being to prevent Cat from disengaging. Her right sought to slide around the defensive item and ensnare the wrist behind it in an durasteel-like grip, whereupon she would release a surge of negative energy in the hopes of sapping her foe's very life force.

"Give...me...the...stone!" She hissed through gritted teeth, still not sufficiently recovered from the impact to achieve full speech capability.

#115 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1442 posts) - - Show Bio

@daughter_of_nordok: @eclipso:

No Caption Provided

The Up-Start Fahad moved in tow systematically dowsing fires with his water bending abilities. Had Catalina been in control she would've applauded his efforts, but the "Genius of the Sky" known as the Prize Fighter didn't exude such emotions.

She was here simply to fight the otherworldly being known as Baerda. Unbeknownst to The Prize Fighter, she was being filmed already worldly accounts already herald the return of the War Goddess, Ziccarra Liafador.

How wrong they were, "The Virtuoso" was not here to save, rather test her might.

The Arrogant Goddess sought to lunge backward, however the battle focused mind of Baerda knew that from this close she could damage the Prize Fighter more. Trying to fall back, the aliens Iron-Clad grip stalled Cat's movement allowing the extra-terrestrial siren to sap The Goddess' life force.

It was unlike anything she'd faced before, she could feel the rift between herself and Catalina. This Alien was sucking the cohesions from her body. In a desperate attempt to dispel the alien overlord, The Prize Fighter unleash a devestating dome of TK agent in an attempt to finish her game foe.

#116 Posted by Mr. Mercury (20595 posts) - - Show Bio

@daughter_of_nordok: you can get a post in before i post if you want

And are we waiting on a post from Mari?

#117 Posted by Daughter_of_Nordok (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador: @mr__mercury: Not sure about Mari, but I'll go ahead and respond to Cat's attack, since you're willing. ^_^

Rage was a fickle ally. It could give one a necessary boost, elevating strength and speed while allowing for a near-total disregard of pain, elements that could mean the difference before victory and defeat. It could just as easily be used by one's foe, however, for an educated warrior would know means by which the force of an opponent's rage could be turned against them.

This was one of the latter times. The Goddess' massive and desperate TK attack caught the alien assassin off-guard, and her grip on her enemy's arm was broken as the force of it smashed into her like a meteor and hurled her several hundred yards away. She toppled end-over-end like a rag doll for another considerable distance, before coming to a full stop, face-down and unmoving.

#118 Posted by Shanana (60265 posts) - - Show Bio

@daughter_of_nordok: @mr__mercury:

Heart of the Ocean

Despite having been blessed with them all her life, no one ever showed Mari how to properly harness them. Because of it, she rarely used them, but this situation called for it. Her mother chucked the stone in the bottom of the ocean, she could physically feel it's energy, but she didn't know if she'd be able to pluck a single necklace out of an entire body of water.

No Caption Provided

"I hope this works" She said levitating about the ocean with an azure wave blanket the bay. She could feel the energy of the bay, from the sharks to the algae she could feel it all interacting with her. Unknown to her at the present moment, this wasn't her, this was the stone using some sort of mind trick. It knew she was looking for it.

Mari closed her eyes and begin focusing on the "voice" tugging at her mind, surely it was the stone. As she hovered, eyes closed focusing, below, the bay opened giving back the necklace with the stone her mother ignorantly chucked just a couple hours prior.

It hovered in her face, until she worked up the courage to take it. "I got it..." She said not truly understanding the power that rest within her hands.

#119 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1442 posts) - - Show Bio
#120 Posted by Mr. Mercury (20595 posts) - - Show Bio
#121 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

Dawn

Out the higher-dimensional halls of Augusta's 'Hypercube' and into the skies of Daytonville, Leonel'd emerged from thin air. White cape flowing behind him as his armor caught the warm glow of the pre-morning sky, the Prince of Power glided towards the building housing Catalina's apartment - and their comatose father. Arms folded before his chest, his eyes raking the building up and down like a Roman general with a city to be conquered, Leonel peered through the building's walls and followed the thermal whispers of his father's body heat till he saw where Thee Champion lay resting; the basement. The Prince of Power wasted no time, using his headgear's exotic technology to disengage his father's mass from normal space-time, dump him out into the larger hyper-spatial bulk and reengage his mass elsewhere - inside Augusta. All in the blink of an eye.

"Return him to the apartment"

With minutes left till sunrise, Leonel vanished like the wind, set his father on an operating table and directed otherworldly nanomachines to do the good deed; heal him. 'Tassi did well with her energy to keep him alive', Leonel thought, gliding around the operating table as he watched his nanomachines reengage to body and brain the quantum information that made up his father's consciousness. They worked dutifully - flawlessly - as they strengthened Alexis' primary sites of quantum processing; the microtubes of his brain cells. They re-energized him, replenished him, and brought him back from the woes of his comatose prison. His father wouldn't wake yet, he needed time. Sweeping his eyes through the alabaster halls of Augusta's med-bay, the Prince of Power locked eyes with a luminous hexeract, Hex, the space station's primary A.I., and gave his command. "Return him to the apartment", Leonel said, calm and certain. ||-You have no desire to speak to your father when he wakes? To spend time with him?-||, Hex asked, curiosity rising above the robotic monotone of it's voice.

"Right now my desire's to save Trinity from the Ancient One, and kill Shayla. My father's no longer comatose, and he'll need to see his daughters as much as they need to see him", Leonel countered, his eyes strong and commanding. ||-Very well-||, Hex complied, and Alexis was gone, returned to Catalina's apartment the same way he was plucked from it. Only now, with two seconds before sunrise, Alexis would awaken from his coma low on power but alive and well - and with Maya right next to him.

#122 Edited by Eclipso (40 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@shanana: @daughter_of_nordok:

With crowd control taken care of and the blazing fires suppressed, Fahad focused on the deathmatch between Catalina and Baerda. The Goddess managed to distance herself from the Alien Woman with a powerful force of energy. It sent the terrorist tumbling across the pavement. The water manipulator jumped to action dousing the woman in a sudden wave of water. Wet, Fahad manipulated the water at a calculated speed and microscopic level. The water flowed in an oscillating pattern across her skin until the water pressure was strong enough to cut through her flesh. He was aware of the possibility the alien skin was more formidable than humans. He made sure the pressure flowing across her body was strong enough to cut through titanium steel. He stacked his attack with a sudden drop in the water temperature. Water drenched the alien invader with severe frostbite. The ice would stack upon itself in thickness as time built, increasing the difficulty of mobility and burning embrace of a freezing temperature. He enjoyed the freedom he had to stretch his powers out on a super being. As long as he kept his distance he had control over how effective he was in the fight.

#123 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1442 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose it's my turn again lol

#124 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1442 posts) - - Show Bio

@daughter_of_nordok: @eclipso: (I'm Assuming we're finished?)

If seemed as if for the time being they were finished, The Prize Fighter's final gambit left the alien chick Baerda blasted a considerable distance away, Fahad moved to ensure she wouldn't be getting up anytime soon, but her incapacitation brought forth a new challenge.

The Goddess released Catalina to deal with the rest of the situation, however no sooner than she did; the Daytonville Police Department surrounded them demanding they gave themselves up.

No more running.
No more running.

The Divine Being inside told her to fight, to live to fight another day. However she was tired, tired of running. They'd been running ever since the Spain Incident, moving house to house; continent to continent everything in their power to avoid facing the past.

Cat however was in a unique position, she'd face crimes for the crimes her mother committed in Spain, unless she were some how able to prove she was Catalina. For which she'd then face trials for terrorism as herself.

Cat through her hands in the air, she could hear Mari in her mind telling her to run. "No more running" She whispered softly.

Avatar image for erinys_draconis
#125 Posted by Erinys_Draconis (554 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Posted by Mr. Mercury (20595 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador @erinys_draconis: Fahad is not done with y’all, until next time!

#127 Posted by FlashLightning (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Good work on this, Shanana.