Damage Control

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Marcques_

Hello fellow rpers, now I'm sure the majority of you may or may not have been concerned about this. However, I'd like to get this off my chest. I now I'm probably making this a bigger deal than it may seem, but you guys have given me your kindness so I want to give you, in return, my honesty. This is the Sentinell. I know this isn't a big shock to you guys as a bunch of you figured it out in a relatively short amount of time. I took up this different identity as a means to escape from the damage I've done to my other accounts. Now that I look back on it, that was a cowardly decision on my part in an attempt to escape my mistakes. I've been going through a lot lately and I wasn't in my right mind at the time. Assignments, anxiety, social problems..etc. so I decided to create an 'ideal' version of myself, one where I wasn't attracted to power. One where I can try my best to get where I was going without busting through walls and jumping to the highest mountains to get what I wanted, (by the time this message comes up, the Mars claim has been updated to claim a specific area of the planet and not the whole planet). And seeing how successful this account was, I figured, 'Hey, maybe people will forget about the other one!'. Which was on my way of forgetting my past mistakes and moving one.

Yet as more of you caught on, whether through email links, or textual mannerism, and through the sheer fact that I'm a terrible actor. I slowly began to release that I couldn't continue to run from my problems and that I had to face them eventually. So I'm here to say 'I'm sorry'. Sorry for lying to those who had some trust in me. Sorry for pretending to be something I'm not. And Sorry for generally being a coward. This isn't a goodbye letter, I don't plan on walk from the Vine anytime soon, but I do want to at least be more honest with the people I have an everyday interaction with, and some of the people I enjoy the most. Like I said earlier, this may be a MUCH smaller problem than I may make it seem, but it's something I wanted to get off my chest. My previous solution wasn't going to fix it and my actions. As someone told me "Band-Aids don't fix bullet holes', so yeah, I apologise, deeply .

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since we're confessing stuff, this is Ezra

Image result for awkward gif

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well sh*t. *LOL* It totally makes sense now. And this is just me personally, but I hold nothing against you, and I understand where you're coming from. I believe that everyone deserves a chance to just redo something and if you didn't want others to know about it then that's your choice and I respect you by it. I believe that you're great on any account that you're on and I appreciate your honesty.

All is good on my end brother.

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jai_Walker

@kell_saloks:

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT! YOU CAN'T HIDE SH*T FROM ME BOIIIIIIIIS

*Ahem*

Yes, but it was pretty obvious all in all *LOL*

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jai_walker:

Thank you for that, but im not going to justify hiding from my problems XD

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I for am impressed about coming out and being this honest, it takes a lot for a person to be able to do something like that when they are out into an awkward position. I for one don’t know if I could be that courageous in a public setting, so that act in or itself has gained my respect. I think a lot of people can understand the difficulties that come when we try to make the most of ourselves in a community like this, it can be hard keeping our heads straight, and we can all in turn makes mistakes. Especially as far as collective insecurities are concerned. Even I have made mistakes that I still regret and don’t believe that I could just come out and say publicly if that were required of me. But the point is I find this case understandable. Heck, even I did the same for different reasons with my first account on here lol. So I can definitely understand in where your coming from a general point of view as well as the problems that you have dealt with. That being said, I tip my hat to you, and I’m glad that you were brave enough to come out and do the right thing.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cutting_Edge
Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcques_:

*LOL* Honestly sometimes I wish I could do the same, it's nothin against you and it doesn't make you a coward in any sense, it's allowed others to gain a different light on you then they had before, and that's not horrible at all.

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marcques_

@cutting_edge:

Yeah, but I was tearing up , listening to sad music, and choking up on root beer while I was making this. So I'm sure music had to do something with the courage. I really felt like I was letting you guys down by lying.

Sir_Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kell_saloks:it was obvious but glad you back

(everyone) As Ozzy, many know something is happening now with some stuff that I dont know what I did. Since we are telling all, if I have offended than I too am sorry. Its vague but thats on purpose

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ParagonxXx

@marcques_:

Your not a coward. If anything, all of this proves your not. It takes guts to admitting things that have been hurtful towards yourself as well as others. I can understand the need to choose a new identity, to forget the past. But sometimes, all you can do is pick yourself back up, brush yourself off and try and be better than you were before. All of us make mistakes and no one is perfect.

Thank you for telling us this and I appreciate your honesty.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noah_Noble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont know who Sentinel is or was but Marques has been good for rp business :)

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sir_percival: NP on my end. Your good with me as far as I can tell. But if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm a PM away. I just want to make that offer, Ozzy.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice words mano, great to see you did what you did :D

Annihilus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annihilus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Annihilus_

@noah_noble:

The Sentinell is a Sentry based OC, and I thank you for that.

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*LOL*

Shiiiiii

If we're still confessing, I'm Cadmus Liafador *LOL* But I bet ya'll knew that already

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, there aint a sin you kids are making or think you've made in regards to the rp forum here that I and have a dozen other 'vets' havent done before.

TheSentinell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers