I can save you a bit of reading, and basically just say this is a page where you post your character's tropes and the tropes of others. You can also discuss tropes pertaining to her in general.
So, I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to occasionally (or well, sometimes frequently) scroll through TV Tropes right?
If your already pretty familiar next part is more for people who don't understand it below the dotted line.
For those who are unfamiliar with tropes, what the are, are a sort of broad archetypes used to describe something in fiction. At least in the TV tropes way. TV tropes is a wiki with buttloads of information on tropes in a variety of media. Including comics. And there are different names for different tropes. Anime, Comics, Western TV shows, reality shows movies, tabletop games, real life....
The wiki can be....addictive. I used to read it for fun when on the road or just bored and need of a distraction. Tropes aren't cliches naturally, but some tropes can become cliches.
It's also not something you deliberately make.
I'll put a few examples of some tropes
Flying Brick- Common super hero trope used to describe a flying superhero with super strength and toughness. Examples: The first person who probably comes to mind is superman. Another would be iron man.
Absurdly sharp blade- Exactly what it sounds like. You have a blade so sharp it can cut through seemingly anything. Good example of this is wolverine. The most obvious example would be almost any katana in any anime ever.
Acrofatic- A fat person who happens to be very agile. Someone like the kingpin or the blob.
Examples: Old non-canon DC crossover with superman+hulk.
Many characters do have trope pages. Particularly famous ones with a lot of media tend to have trope pages.
Now, here. you can put your character's tropes and the other tropes. You don't have to write your own page, but as you come across or think of more tropes to add to your character you can post it.
You can describe how the quote fits your character. You can also just describe the trope itself. You can also make a quote by your character that fits the trope.
You can also tag people with tropes that you believe apply to their characters.
I'll start with my character Armory. AKA Elliot Robbins.
- Badass Normal- Describes a character who has no superpowers but fights the supernatural or people with superhuman abilities. Armory regularly encounters and combats other superhumans (various), demons (@the_puzzler), aliens and other mysterious entities (@awesomekill15)
- Charles Atlas Superpower- Elliot trained to do things most humans can't do and can accomplish some superhuman feats (All based on things bodybuilders, powerlifters and very strong humans have done). Such as Squatting or holding supporting half a ton, bending iron with his bare hands, being able to stop bikes from driving off with sheer strength, easily lift grown men over his head.
- Made of iron- Armory is very durable for a human, able to generally be able to shrug off being hit with bats and pipes, combined with his Armor, he survives things that would severely injure or outright kill normal humans. Things like (so far) being dropkicked through a second story window by a superhuman running at him at full sprint and walking it off moments later(@cutthroatbitch),getting hit by a car and walking it off, being blasted through several walls (albeit with serious criticial damage) (@hunterzillas) and detonating explosives near himself simply to get other enemies off him.
- The Gunslinger- Type B and D. The vaporizer and the quickdraw. Elliot often takes to beating his enemies with overwhelming firepower. He is capable of drawing a handgun with speeds so fast often times the human eye is incapable of processing it.
- Kill it with fire- "Bullets don't always work. But you would be surprised how much fire works."
- Hellfire- The non-mystical variety. In the forms of White Phosphorus, Thermobaric explosives, Chlorine Trifluoride grenades and a large parade of other chemical fires, Elliot has a wide variety of ways to make fires, some of which cannot be put out through conventional means.
- BFG- Elliot frequently uses very large guns against heavy or numerous opponents. Things like rocket launchers, heavy machine guns, anti-material/anti-tank rifles, grenade launchers, and traditionally mounted weapons like small mini guns and the M2 Browning.
Besides myself. I'm gonna tag a few people and use them as an example. No links and will explain further when necessary.
Now enough of me feeling myself. I'll try and kick this off with other character's tropes. Who I will tag.
Frank Scaletta (@frank_scaletta): Sociopathic hero- He's a hero. Most of the time. But he is crazy and won't show his opponents mercy.
Dark Vengeance (@dark_vengeance_): Dark is not evil- Though crazy and morally ambiguous is another story.
Darkwing (@_darkwing_) Thou shall not kill- Averted. Darkwing has shown if the situation calls for it, he is very willing to kill.
Honor Avenger (@honor_avenger)- Social Darwnist- "Survival of the fittest" is the basis of her entire philosophy.
Thee Champion (@thee_champion)- Flying Brick- He is inspired by superman after all. Has flight, nigh-invulnerability, strength and energy projection.
Niht (@vivide)- Pint sized powerhouse- Small, but powerful and very strong.
Encriptor/Xomega (@encriptor)- Nanomachines- "Nanomachines, son."
Sheng (@superstay)- Bruce lee clone- He heavily resembles and is indeed inspired in part by Bruce Lee expy, Fei long. And is in turn, inspired by bruce lee.
Braveheart (@_braveheart_)- Super Soldier- Basically a natural super soldier,
Jacob (@last_guardian): Laser Blade- Covers plasma swords too.
Voidhawk (@shadowswordmaster): Energy weapons
Drake (@_drake): Nigh invulnerable- Specifically the regeneration/regrowth variation as well as the ressurective immortality one.
Kurt (@pyrogram): Archer Archetype- Who else?
Darksider (@darksider95) Anti-Hero- He fits the mold of an unscrupulous hero solidly. Dark character with a dark backstory who will use extreme methods and often get rid the scum of the earth who had it comin'.
- Mad Oracle- Implied. He speaks very cryptically and often in metaphors or riddles about the future and events to come.
- Schizophrenia conspiracy
Gen Esis (@darkchild) Demon Lords and Archdevils- Holds a lot of power in hell.
Naamah (@naamah_obyzouth) Deal with the devil- With Gen Esis
MerIin (@meriin): AI is a crapshoot- He views humanity as a "virus" and seeks to eradicate it.
M-174 (@m-174): Benevolent AI- Good intentions but a weird moral compass.
Leena (@circumstance_imp): Reality Warper- In her own realm.
Snowbell (@sweetsnowbell): Afraid of their own strength- Often holds back her full strength due to morals.
Sorry if I missed anyone. Can't get everyone. Again, I could be wrong. But I'm just tagging some people now.
Welp. That was to start you off.