CVnU: The Cauldron

• 52 results
#1 Edited by Charmed Ones (32 posts) - - Show Bio

The Past

Since the times that mankind have walked across the Earth there has always been those who served it, servants of nature, the protector of balance- the witches. Endowed with the unique gifts that connected them to forces of nature and magic, witches are innately magical beings. They are not made but born, since then witches have split among different tribes and scattered to the four corners, following different practices and traditions. The most common that is prevalent throughout all culture is Ancestral Magic, magic drawn from the ancestors of a witch's lineage and spirits. In essence all magic is derived from Blood Magic but the oldest tradition is Ancestral Magic.

Coven

No Caption Provided

The current coven, self-dubbed as the Charmed Ones, now resides in the lovely adorned housing of traditional New Orleans architecture, one that flourishes about in the Crescent City. To the outside world, the mansion serves as nothing more than a boarding school for the gifted. But in truth, the house is a safe haven for witches all around, mainly those in the States and is also the only school known to the witch communities that provides shelter for them. The home interior is large itself, a mansion but of smaller size. Rooming and living necessities is available to all those who live within the witch haven. The housing itself is built on the many ley-lines scattered throughout the world. The mystical nexus serves as a mystical hotspot for witches to channel magic from, like cemeteries, thus enhancing their powers to a greater extent. The mansion's exterior, sheltered by gates is sealed off to all vampires unless invitation is approved, though this is highly unlikely and forbidden.

Supernatural Politics

Upon generation and generation of witches have lived in this house, since then, because of the fear that Witch Hunters have expressed, witches have opted not to birth off-springs and have now become an endanger species. Thanks to New Orleans commercialize affairs on pseudo-magic and it's open community, real witches can hide among the crowd of posers, providing a temporary identity in which they can practice magic. But because of the strong vampiric presence in the city, witches from both sides are silence in practicing real magic. Instead they must refrain from doing such thing or risk the penalties: death. Being built around the mystical comfort that New Orleans has to offer, opening its doors to many oppressed witches who hide in fear, witches can adapt to their surrounding with ease with the locals and tourists not questioning them.

Due to the secret human faction involvement in the supernatural forces that runs rampant around New Orleans, the mayor provides funding for the schools. The human council are very well aware of New Orleans dark secrets, even taking measure to instill arrangements. The only rule that goes for the supernatural play ground in New Orleans is that they protect the locals and homes of the human community and they (human faction) look the other way. Because of the ongoing feud between the Salem witches and Voodooists, cemeteries are marked off limits to the Salem tribe. With the vampire threat growing stronger by the second, the Witch Hunters have taken matters into their own and began plotting their move not only on witches this time but the other supernatural species.

The ill winds has been brought upon New Orleans and French Quarters is in the midst of it all. Welcome to the Crescent City.

The Major Arcana ⁂

High Priestess
High Priestess

Angela Lee is the new and uprising Supreme with a celebrated background. Given her free-spirited and arrogant persona this may be her down fall to her ascension. Aside from her narcissistic and cold-hearted demeanor, Angela is also a gifted and incredibly powerful young witch. Though because her coven is bound, she finds it as her job to unlink her magic with the rest of her circle and free herself from them. Vicious and manipulative, Angelina has aligned herself with Clara in hopes that they can relinquish their loss of power. She doesn't care much for her coven and the war between witches and witches as well as vampires, just as long as she gets her powers back. Those who have yet to meet Angela must be extra careful as this witch is extremely cunning and manipulative. No one is safe when Angela is around, always expect the unexpected.

The World
The World

Contessa Deveraux is sharp-tongued witch with a brilliant mind. She is the voice and has been sowing the seeds for the witch revolution in the French Quarters. Eight months pior to her current position, she went against her family's tradition that has now become her mission to complete the ritual known as The Harvest. If completed, this ritual will restore the waning magic to the Voodoo witches of New Orleans and drive away the vampiric threats that roams within New Orleans. Together with Chanel, Contessa will empower the witches and preserve the harmony that is the balance of nature that must be corrected. She has nothing to lose, since the loss her sister, Desiree, who died to fighting against Marcus's ruling. Contessa is willing to place all bets on the table, even her own life. But because of this she is the worst person to have as an enemy when the completion of the Harvest is involved.

The Chariot
The Chariot

Desiree Deveraux, the older witch martyr sister of Contessa. Eight months ago, Desiree willingly allowed her daughter Celeste to be apart of the sacred Harvest ritual. But due to Contessa's disbelief, the ritual was failed due to the vampiric interference that allowed Marcus to gain the upper-hand and critically cripple the witches in banning the practice of magic. Four months ago, along with a few other coven members, Desiree hoped to invoke the power of demons onto herself. Giving her enough strength to fight back against the vampires that threaten her fellow coven members and most importantly, her sister. But word got out and Marcus slitted her throat before she could even complete the dark ritual, ending any type of hidden agenda that posed a threat towards him. It seem her display of magic was less impressive and resulted in her death. Now it is Contessa's job to pick up what her older sister left behind. Continuing on with their already made mission: reviving Celeste.

The Wheel of Fortune
The Wheel of Fortune

Madame Freda is the mother of Jabari and a powerful elder witch to the Voodooists as well as their last living elder. Coming from a long line of powerful Voodooists, one most renowned today throughout New Orleans, Marie Laveau. She is the aunt of both Contessa and Desiree but is unknown of the blood relation. Aside from her family relations she is a force to be reckoned with, her vast knowledge of the ancestral arts is what allows her to complete the Harvest, as only elders are the only one who can complete the ritual. She carries the long hated grudge that many before her has carried against the Salem witches. But with her magic progressively getting weaker and weaker, she may not be lucky enough to even complete the Harvest. As the last link to the Voodooists connection to their ancestors and their magic, Madame Freda is the wild card. If she wins so will the witches but if she loses so will their magic.

The Star
The Star

Amiee Yew is a strong and positive voice in her coven, acting as the coven's self-appointed leader. Her optimistic personality is what keeps the coven in high beliefs when times get rough for them. It was by her request that the coven bind their magic as one but not without Angela to be at fault. She is Angela's opposite yet the two are somewhat the same. Amiee is hesitant to put her coven members at risk and she is the light that brings them out of darkness. Given Angela's reputation, Amiee is always cautious towards Angela's motives and suggestions. Her devotion to the craft and coven shows traits and qualities of that to a Supreme, but with Angela's recklessness Amiee may be the next in line should Angela fail and fall from the throne.

The Devil
The Devil

Clara Mass, the clever and mysterious witch who has burned every man to the ground that she has met. Due to Fan Song's attempt at lowering the veil and using Clara as a representation in her ritual. The repercussions of Fan's magic unwillingly linked Clara's magic with the coven. Having developed a mutual affection with Angela, together the two witches are as good as bad with one another. But Clara isn't always too willing, she wants a way out of this bond, sharing the same taste with Angela. Unable to use magic without the consequences, Clara isn't looking forward to being useless anymore. Like any other power player in this war, Clara is plotting her own scheme and tactics. She will manipulate the coven at best even destroying her so-called friendship with Angela. Angela is nothing more than a pawn in Clara's plan in regaining her magic and freedom.

The Empress
The Empress

Chanel De la Fontaine is a smart and sexy witch who is in leads with Contessa. Together with Contessa, Chanel supports her long-time friend in hopes that they can complete the Harvest Ritual. Her charismatic and charming personality is backed with her impressive magic that is getting weaker and weaker as time draws near for The Reaping. Her unique precognitive gifts serves useful but is open to interpretation. What she sees is not always clears but they are not to be overlooked . Working as a tour guide, she keeps her eyes away and her head down from the vampire presence, but her ears open. With the witches running out of time, Chanel is using her every resources to help and dissolve the vampire kingdom in New Orleans. The only risks she faces is death, something she is willing to fight for.

• The Cauldron is a nickname for areas with a strong witch presence, mainly centered around the occultist shop, Bewitched, and the areas around it.
  • Standard rpg rules applies. Must be willing to take the stories into account.

@clara_mass@dean_yew

#2 Edited by Bogeyman (7019 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicely done bella ;)

#3 Posted by _Grifter_ (13130 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#4 Posted by Legacy_ (11267 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the blue! I love this!

#5 Posted by Clara Mass (8758 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Bogeyman (7019 posts) - - Show Bio

@clara_mass: Cultivating the suspense for her eventual return LOL.

#7 Posted by Arquitenens (12087 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even....absolutely!

#8 Posted by Charlemagne (7209 posts) - - Show Bio

Slow clap

#9 Edited by Aeron_Glyndwr (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

Hot damn

#10 Edited by Lucifer_Elohim (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

Smirks

#11 Edited by ownagepants (5012 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it cant wait to see what you do with this.

#12 Posted by Carlyle_Zero (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work.

#13 Posted by Xorion (447 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#14 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19715 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna be spending a lot of time here...ps Coven is the best thing to happen to me since my birth. It's that serious. Lol. And I love that Cordelia is now Clara.

#15 Edited by _Sojourn_ (19715 posts) - - Show Bio

@clara_mass: The overcast day seems to hold foreboding secrets for this city. The very city that has seen so much harm and turmoil, it would seem that no one in their right mind would choose to live here. But the city itself holds a power unlike any other. The swamp gas rises, the notes of saxophones mingle endlessly. The smell of deep south kitchens waft through the old cobblestone streets.

I'm called too it. With a blitzkrieg of haze and darkness I arrive in one piece outside a large gated estate. I immediately feel the gravity of it, the secrets trapped inside the old wood. I don't like it, and yet I'm called. The gate is ajar only slightly, and I push it open, and walk forward into the deep thicket as the branches of trees create ominous shapes in the diminishing sunlight. This place is strong, the very air surrounding flexes its muscles.

#16 Posted by Essence_ (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Essence & Tessa would easily fit as players in this setting

#17 Edited by Angela_Lee (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Chapter One: Divided We Fall

Two queens from a divided kingdom stood face to face outside of Lafayette cemetery, the Voodoo Queen Madame Freda stood opposite to the witch Supreme Genevieve of the Salem witches. The cool air only heated as their conversation had reached to its end point, "Cut to the chase. What is it that you want, witch? You only waste my time and most certainly yours. We ain't got nothing to say to each other." Madame Freda spoke in a powerful voice, yet as strong as her words and voice were, her powers told a different story. Between the gates that crossed entrance into the sacred ground, Genevieve spoke from its borders, "You know why I'm here. I'd like to discuss witch politics. For centuries our divided kinds have fought each other, all for what? Territory? I want that to end as of today, together we can fight off the vampires and save our kind from extinction." standing her ground, the withering Supreme witch was fading like the Voodoo Queen's magic. The witches faced hard times and things couldn't get any worse for them, both side from the mystically empowered community was crippled. The Voodooists were losing their magic and the Salem witches were as divided as ever with their Supreme slowly dying and they too losing their power. But worse case yet as the witches were under the ruling of the vampires- witches were outlawed from practicing magic and if they dare then death was their final moment.

"Get your face out of my sight, witch. Weak as hell, can't even do a single thing to protect your kind and fight off the vampires. Now coming over here and all demanding like you my master. Broom stick away and don't come back." dismissing her significant other away, Madame Freda was too prideful to accept the Salem witch's help. "Fine. Hopefully you'll make it out alive. And when your magic slips away from you forever, best believe I'll get the pleasure in killing you myself." nonchalantly turning her back away from the beautiful Voodoo figure, Genevieve walks away with an ever so confident posture that contradicted her current affairs.

The Cauldron

"@clara_mass, we need to wait for the right time to execute this spell. Vampires are as thirsty as ever and @amiee_yew will most likely not comply with what we have to say, stupid bitch. If she won't agree so won't the others. But if we can change her mind, then the others will follow suit." sitting in a private section behind the mystically loss shop, Bewitched, the two dangerous witches brainstorm on ways to approach their current situation. Taking extra steps and precaution on how to approach their difficult equation. "We can always use the Voodooists help. Not all are siding with the hatred that Madame Freda has for us Salem witches. Maybe we can use them to our advantage here. Word on the street is their running out of time for this Harvest ritual but they need this powerful witch, some Sabrina bitch name that I can't remember right now. If they fail to complete the Harvest then they lose their power. Their living on a thin thread so... why not cut it for them? We use them as a decoy to perform a spell just as powerful as ours. Promising our help in searching for this witch of theirs in return we use them to break the connection with our coven." leaning back to sip her tea, Angela mixed the taste of her tea with her thoughts of pleasure and delight. Surely Clarice would abide by them and together they would rid this bound circle and tear it apart.

#19 Posted by Charlemagne (7209 posts) - - Show Bio

@angela_lee: Whats this lump sum thank you bullsh!t? I need an exclusive thank you :)

#20 Posted by Bogeyman (7019 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by ownagepants (5012 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by _Splits_ (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Witches, vampires, shapeshifters- they all seem to go down the same when relieved of their heads. I'll be sure to pay you ladies a visit...

No Caption Provided

#23 Edited by Clara Mass (8758 posts) - - Show Bio

@angela_lee: Carefully hidden away from the eavesdropping witches that made up this flimsily constructed coven, the wicked western witches conversed with a multitude of obscenities that only they could possibly understand. "We have to do something." Clarice crisply remarked, wanting nothing more than separation from this coven and the draining, Angela Lee.

"We have to do it pronto. Before we're stopped." Whilst adjusting her mink fur coat the violet eyed mistress continued to displaying an unequivocal disdain for her current predicament. With an inability to tap into the metaphysical magics granted by Shinigami, which in turn were placed in a dormant state by a multidimensional counterpart, there came forth a strong sense of determination in the now, solely telekinetic witch bitch.

"Lord knows I'm sick and tired of failing. I need a win Angela and teaming up with you has served me nothing." Her words spat out like venom, but they were the god's honest truth. In their short time together the excommunicated socialite had only been greeted with defeat and brief yet eye opening conversation with @valerie_huntington. Since then she's been entrapped in New Orleans, caught up in an age old feud between tribes not her own.

"I won't be played for a fool." Rummaging through a barren closet, forged due their numerously hidden escapades, the formerly powerful essokinetic placed a bow onto her head, a sort of aesthetic difference from her devilish demeanor. "...." Soon after completing her makeshift outfit the unnatural, vanilla blond bombshell placed a hand onto her mystical counterpart's shoulder.

"No more games. Am I clear?" Like a true playwright Miss Michelle escalated tension as if she were heading off into a sudden and abrupt betrayal, but instead she voiced a clear cut warning. One more screw up and the truce between the two would dissolve.

"Now let's get to work, bitch."

(Figured I'd start out small. Trying to get a feel for this)

#24 Posted by Amiee_Yew (3 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome!!! :D I'll have a post up soon to join in :)

#25 Posted by Clara Mass (8758 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Angela_Lee (789 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Charlemagne (7209 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Angela_Lee (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@amiee_yew: @clara_mass: A hard brush about their mission had slapped Angela across her face, but the seductive witch wasn't about to let this side comment pass her without some form of notice, she was clever in her part, "Scheming is one thing, execution is another. So far you haven't done me good, either. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be able to access your magic.... properly." a cold-hearted bitchy stare followed after her retort and surely the older witch knew her place. Obviously this uncooperative tension between the two witches opened room for broken alliances and deceit, but both had to play their part because in the end they wanted one thing: power. "Trust me this game is about to end, sooner than you think actually." the weapon they stolen from their earlier invasion in Kamelot would serve its use and that particular so-called failure was not to be easily dismissed. "Look Clarice, I like you, I really do. Even in my cold black magic-filled heart. You are precious to me. But don't think for an instant that my affection towards you is a weakness. If you cross me, so dare you, I'll skin you alive like how the fur carpets on my wood floors are made." clearly not as sentimental and loving as the message was intended to be to clear the hostile air between them, Angela made it clear that despite the soft spot that Clara held, she would be thrown away like any other if provoked otherwise. "Lets face it. I'm the new Supreme. Genevieve is withering away like some old starved cow who hasn't made it to the slaughter house yet and I'm this graceful swan who's been hiding in her shadow for too long. But not anymore, we can kill her- not yet at least. I'm not too big in a rush to let her power flow into me. Power may ensure strength but not absolute control. And I need to absurd Amiee's control over the coven first." rising from her seat to depart from Clara, Angela intentionally summoned the elements of the winds around her. Strong gusts of wind circled the two as Angela embraced the freedom of performing magic again while grinning ever so deviously towards Clara, like how a predator views its prey before the kill. Intimidating and powerful as Angela was, she was still weak, not in her full strength. As her mini-skirt rippled with the conjured winds and blew her hair magnificently like a high pay-rate hair ad. Before she could walk away, Angela ensured to give Clara an emphasized message that would tie to how grateful Clara should be towards Angela, as if it weren't for the witch she would of been dead a long time ago. "Blessed be in New Orleans.".

Exiting the Salem Witches district and entering Voodoo territory, Angela walked about with a boast of confidence. Gently tapping the open door with her knuckles, Angela made her presence known in the most unsurprising and disrespectful manner. "Knock knock. Mirabelle. Let me cut to the chase. I know you little doll-heads are losing your magic and you seem to need a particular little Voodoo doll to complete this Harvest Ritual of yours, correct? Now here is where my offer comes in. I need a way- in the most non-traceable type that doesn't trace back to me, to lets say: kill a witch. Maybe two to be more specific. Both Clarice Pierce and Amiee Yew. In return, thanks to your service with your unbreakable promise. I'll risk myself in performing a locator spell, one efficiently successful to finding your missing doll. Then maybe we can keep this friendship of ours and I don't know, find a happy ending? Killing vampires as payback for your dead sisters and mines? Or however you see fit." the devil's offer was more than tempting but also had a moralizing effect on the Voodooist Mirabelle. "How about I say no. Get the f*ck out of my shop." pointing the way out, Angelina was more than reluctant to comply as an annoyed visual/physical message strung on her face. Slowly and dramatically walking towards Mirabelle, Angela used her restricted magic on the unwilling participant. Without even lifting a finger or uttering a spell, Angela began to inflict pain onto the Voodooist that bare similarity to the dolls the Voodooists were most well known for. Applying strengthening pressure on her victim's skull, Mirabelle began to clutch her head and scream aloud, unable to properly defend herself as she was no match for the future witch queen.

As Angela smile was psychotic to this point, she benched down to reach Mirabelle's height, who was on her knees in pain as her head was being affected by the magic, compressing her head to a near-death state with blood steaming from the Voodooist's eyes, nose, ears, and mouth. Lifting her chin with a gentle touch from her right hand, Angela strengthen her grip on Mirabelle's chin and pulled her forward, where her breathe released fume of sweet toxins that marked danger and persuasion. "Now about that spell?"

#29 Edited by Angela_Lee (789 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19715 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this.

#31 Posted by Arquitenens (12087 posts) - - Show Bio

Charmy......♥

#32 Posted by Clara Mass (8758 posts) - - Show Bio

@angela_lee: Are you offering me as sacrifice? o.o

Either way good to see you online again. Great post. Loving this story so far.

#33 Posted by Charlemagne (7209 posts) - - Show Bio

take me back plzzz <3

Careful
Careful
what
what
you wish for ;P
you wish for ;P

#34 Posted by Angela_Lee (789 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Clara Mass (8758 posts) - - Show Bio

@angela_lee: Hey!

I never know when to post or if I should >.<

#36 Posted by Amiee_Yew (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@angela_lee:

Witch House - Midnight

It's late, midnight almost and while a majority of people are in their beds the young witch present is still awake roaming the halls of the beautiful yet haunting witch house located in in the heart of New Orleans. She knows that the protection spells that have been cast on the walls of this house are still in place, yet with their current Supreme failing badly as well as the news of future events that she has been receiving from her demi-god brother she can't help but worry about her coven and the other supernatural factions involved in this battle. Gracefully the ever cautious witch descends the staircase into the foyer she checks the outer walls and as she had expected the gates and mystical barriers that protected them were still in effect they were safe for now at least. The sense of relief only lasted a minute when she heard a creak a turned on the spot to attack with the techniques her brother had taught her only to be surprised at the view in front of her. Standing a few inches shorter than her were a pair of twins two of the younger members of their coven "Girls what are doing?" the young girls looked startled themselves "I heard stray thoughts and Jessica saw you walking the halls when she was sleeping. We just wanted to see what was wrong" she sighed a little she had forgot that the younger coven members were still unbound due to their powers not being fully developed and forgotten the fact that some had developed very interesting special gifts in this case a telepath and an spirit projector. "It's fine girls I was just checking the gates see if the barriers were still up that's all" she smiled at the two but they still looked uncertain "But isnt that the Supreme's job" they said creepily in unison "Yes but Genevieve isn't feeling well so I just did it for her." she said but yet again the girls had more questions "...but then isn't Angela supposed to do it then if she's the next Supreme?" they asked. Amiee's jaw clenched at that "...um yes but she's also a bit busy at the minute so I just helped her out a little she'll be back before you know it. Hey it's late why don't you guys get some midnight snacks and then head to bed go ahead into the kitchen and i'll meet you all in there in a minute." she smiled again as the girls ran off towards the kitchen. Walking into the spacious and spectacular living room she took out her cellphone and called her future Supreme "Angela we need to talk tomorrow! meet me in Bewitched I have have to talk to you about some important stuff especially that little witch you brought into the coven...Clarice!" she ended her call abruptly and walked back into the kitchen to make sure the twins didn't destroy anything unbound witch powers at their age were pretty explosive as she had found out previously.

#37 Posted by Zane_Horn (348 posts) - - Show Bio

How did this place survive I mean its run completely by Women... do they just try vacuuming everything or what?

#38 Posted by Angela_Lee (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@zane_horn: And? But I suggest you sit down and read. Maybe stfu as well. :)

@clara_mass: POST! Keeps the story flow going. Even if it isn't directed towards me. Provide more on Clarice's motives and intentions. :D ♥

@angela_lee:"Angela we need to talk tomorrow! meet me in Bewitched I have have to talk to you about some important stuff especially that little witch you brought into the coven...Clarice!" she ended her call abruptly and walked back into the kitchen to make sure the twins didn't destroy anything unbound witch powers at their age were pretty explosive as she had found out previously.

Shiz just got real. :o

#39 Edited by Amiee_Yew (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@angela_lee: I plan to hit he ground running with this ;)

#40 Posted by Zane_Horn (348 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Clara Mass (8758 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Darkchild (43005 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by Clara Mass (8758 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkchild: Your thirst is so real =P

I'll write something up for you too. Paradise, right?

#44 Posted by Darkchild (43005 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Zauberin (6119 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by Darkchild (43005 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by Clara Mass (8758 posts) - - Show Bio

@zauberin: Shut up. You get the point. Ughhh >.>

*Throws Zauby off a cliff

#48 Edited by Zauberin (6119 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkchild: No it doesn't. Clara is my eternal student, currently FAILING me.

#49 Posted by Darkchild (43005 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Zauberin (6119 posts) - - Show Bio