• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Arcani

No Caption Provided

In times long lost to the mists of history Kratesis founded the Court of Arcani. An eternal organization devoted entirely to the liberation of mutants, and their eventual mastery over earth which they regard as their evolutionary birthright.

Long centuries of scientific study have granted them a myriad of advanced technology. Often guiding the progress of human research for their own mysterious ends they have maintained their hard won technological edge through the application of gold, toil and blood.

Sophiornithidae

No Caption Provided

Among their numbers are geniuses with mutant intelligence selected for by generations of ruthless eugenics programs, and educated from birth in the most advanced scientific theories available. Many magnificent breakthroughs are mad before the stress of hyper intelligence, and brutal pressure inevitably drives them to insanity.

Strigidae

No Caption Provided

Hand picked from among those blessed with great mutant gifts, physical ability and personal loyalty to Kratesis they act as her personal body guard. Equipped with the best technology available to the Arcani, and trained in combat by Kratesis herself they are each a deadly and devastating warrior in their own right. When brought together and lead by Kratesis they are simply devastating beyond compare.

Eostrix Choir

No Caption Provided

For generations a brutally enforced eugenics program, combined with genetic tampering have created psychics of staggering power. Physical deformities, bizarre and horrific mutations and twisted minds run rampant.

Each wears a simple porcelain mask, embedded within it pysco-reactive crystalline fractal structures. Constructed by means of arcane and terrifying quantum techno-sorcery they link the minds of each member of the Choir together, forever. So deep and strong are the bonds that to remove the mask is certain death.

Apart their minds would each be exemplars of terrifying psychic power. Together they create a telepath of Alpha level mutant might.

What Kratesis has done with such a tool is perhaps best left unsaid.

Tytonidae

In the world there are many who would fight for the cause of mutant kind but do not desire to join in the strict life of the Court Proper. Yet Kratesis would not turn away a weapon in the eternal crusade for the destiny of all mutant-kind.

No Caption Provided

Over the centuries their ranks have included mutants of all stripes, good and evil, strong and weak, warrior and magi. Patriots and traitors both have graced their ranks. Great heroes have been made, and mutant martyrs born in blood and fire. Legacies have been forged in the struggle and sagas written on the bones of the fallen. Of all the forces of the Court it is perhaps the Tytonidae that are the most influential to the outside world.

Mutants are virtually always accepted, and non-mutants are not turned away so long as their heart seems true. Even mercenaries who serve only for coin are gladly accepted, and even those whose motives lay darker still. The origin of a blade matters little to Kratesis, it cuts down her foes all the same.

The Nests

Long ago Kratesis determined one central location was far to vulnerable to infiltration, or outright destruction by the far more numerous forces of the humanity. To often she was forced to flee what seemed to be a impenetrable base. Worse yet one base limited the Court to operations close to that area, seriously reducing their offensive reach.

No Caption Provided

Yet the Court needed places to sleep, to eat, to rest and interact. They needed a place to live, to love and raise their mutant children, the hopes of the future world. They could not live on the run and still fight at full strength. The needed safe places, they needed nests.

As such she utilized the vast monetary resources the Court had accumulated over the centuries to buy, build and steal a vast number of smaller properties all over the world. Dozens of 'nests' for the Court to flock too.

No Caption Provided

No two are exactly alike. Some are dimly lite caves stuffed with equipment, weaponry, computers and trophies of war. Others are high towers hidden among the grim masses of humanity, others yet are massive mansions to entertain visitors. Some are small private schools to train the next generation of mutant crusaders, and everything in-between.

[[ Rules!

This is a CVnU team! We're going to be focused on interactions, and short, fast RPGs. This is a team about character development, and activity.

You can join the Tytonidae just by asking :-) You can even join to be a spy or traitor, I don't care.

There is more then one base, in fact there are as many bases as there is need for bases OOCly. You CAN destroy them! So feel free to run story-lines in which bases get blown to bits. Base defenses are as strong or as weak as is needed for your story-line, because each base is different.

Feel free to establish bases whenever and however you please. I've set it up for maximum stylishness, and player usability. Have fun with it.

Obviously all the CVnU rules apply, including rules about selling. ]]

#1 Posted by Ult_Azrael (194 posts) - - Show Bio
Care to have a alien spy, Coven I was thinking would send their non force using allie to keep tabs? :3 that and as we know I just try and get in on most things and promote as mich as possible
  @Kratesis
#2 Posted by _Legion_ (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Attack!

#3 Posted by Kalinda (871 posts) - - Show Bio

Love

#4 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_: *Stuff explodes*

@_Enchantress_: Thankies!

#5 Posted by Sideslash (6154 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for erinys_draconis
#6 Posted by Erinys_Draconis (607 posts) - - Show Bio

Masterfully crafted!

#7 Posted by _Legion_ (642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kratesis: :O
#8 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash: @Erinys_Draconis: Thankies, thankies.

#9 Posted by Sideslash (6154 posts) - - Show Bio

Now party!

#10 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Would have been better if you had made a COA account and made the thread with that buuuuuut, I suppose this will work :P

#11 Posted by Abattoir (878 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O this...is...so...awesome

#13 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Buuuuut that wouldn't give you anything to agitate about!

#14 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: There would still be the all caps thing in the title to fuss about :P

#15 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Abattoir: Thankies!

@Gambler: Stop oppressing meeeee!

#16 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis:

<3

#17 Posted by Thunderbolt (361 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool beans

#18 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
Pfft
Pfft

@Gambler:

#19 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: I hate to see you go, but I love to watch ya leave :D

And you know I'll have to make a new alt now. A Court of Owls alt and I already know what look to use.

#20 Posted by Madame_Blossom (696 posts) - - Show Bio

The image with Emma<3

#21 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderbolt : Thankies.

@Gambler: ;-)

Awesomeness.

#22 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Blossom: I dont know why or who you think you are that you can just come back to MY vine and ignore me. But that sh!t aint gonna fly -_______-

#23 Posted by Madame_Blossom (696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: <3 Awww don't feel too sad, when you dish something as flavorful as the last I'll be giving you my undivided attention. ;)

No Caption Provided
#24 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Blossom: Well since you put it that way :P

#25 Posted by Ishin (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty good K :)

#26 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Why thank you :-)

#27 Posted by Ishin (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: You're welcome girl ;)

#28 Posted by Madame_Blossom (696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: I'll be keeping my eyes out for you ;)

#29 Edited by Figaro (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: @Gambler said:

@Kratesis: I hate to see you go, but I love to watch ya leave :D

And you know I'll have to make a new alt now. A Court of Owls alt and I already know what look to use.

Ditto!

(DC)

#30 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Figaro: Sweet :-)

#31 Posted by Figaro (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait wtf am I thinking, sign me up and if i know her and I do sign Myst up. I control blood, its a nifty trick you see.

#32 Posted by Figaro (608 posts) - - Show Bio

their a team pm yet?

#33 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Figaro: Yes! Do you want that account added to the PM?

#34 Posted by Figaro (608 posts) - - Show Bio

yes please

#35 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

The 'nest' was a cave, massive and dark. White light glared down from the devices hurriedly screwed into stalagmites. Her violet robes pooled around her, and her golden mask glittered at her side. In the privacy of the Nest her face was unguarded.

Slouching upon a solid marble throne, pale square blocks supporting her lean frame as she reviews data on the rapidly scrolling screen before her.

#36 Posted by Tanner_The_Red (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: "Your defenses are impressive.." Tanner states his presence loudly, standing ten feet behind the woman, giving her the chance to hide her identity if she so pleased.

#37 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tanner_Brenkov: "Mmm.." The mutant messiah elects to not equip her mask. Although she prefers to not advertise the fact, her face has been recorded quite a few times over the milleniums. "You're ability in bypassing them... equally so by implication."

#38 Posted by Tanner_The_Red (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: "I hope you don't mind but I...Had a few snacks on the way here..." If the woman were to look at her video recording history, she would find three of the security personal die and bleed from their necks. Of course Tanner was not visible to cameras.

#39 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tanner_Brenkov: A cruel smirk twists her lips, and a flicker of a strange machine like emotion touches her violet eyes. "I mind little." Accessing their security systems remotely, and quickly scanning through the footage.

"Ye possess quite extensive infiltration capabilities." An understatement, considering he entered her personal residence while evading all the recording devices embedded in the facility.

#40 Posted by Tanner_The_Red (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: "I would say I possess alot more then just those.." Tanner's lips curled just barely to show off a smirk. "This, organization of yours..What are it's thoughts on...Vampires?" Tanner walked a bit closer, hands folded behind his back. He knew that vampires were still but a myth to most of the world.

#41 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tanner_Brenkov: Kratesis lifts a elegant shoulder, shrugging. The careless gesture shifts her deep violet robes, the purple washing across the pale marble the the blood of an alien god on the icy stones of fate. "They require food, as most beings do. When Paradise is achieved the Vampire should have their own human slaves to feast upon and treat as they will."

#42 Posted by Tanner_The_Red (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: "Well then how about I make you a counter offer.." Tanner stepped a bit closer. "You see, I am a believer that vampires were never meant to dominate the humans, right now they coexist with man. We eat, but they always reproduce faster then we turn humans. If you did what you say, then vampires would grow to much greed for their own good. If I were to perhaps assist you in some of your objectives, you could make sure that the vampires don't gain such political power, but just remain the way they are now..".

#43 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tanner_Brenkov: Kratesis pauses the scrolling lines of pure data. A platinum eyebrow arches. "A surprising counter offer."

There were no doubt many vampires who would object to his plan, for they were likely poised at the cusp of great political power due to centuries of accumulating wealth. Certainly they would be more difficult to fight against then the masses of humanity, at least in the short term. "We could come to some arraignment, but for such a thing ye must 'sweeten the pot' ."

#44 Posted by Tanner_The_Red (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: "Other then the fact that my love Beatrice will have my head for soiling such a future for our kind?...Heh..Name your price.." Tanner crossed his arms.

#45 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tanner_Brenkov: A million quantum calculations were performed in a heartbeat. "There can be no one price, for I am doing thee no single favor."

A mental command flicks a picture of NYC onto the large display screen. "Tomorrow there shall be a mission in NYC. To assist some of our allies in their holy struggle against the forces of mankind. A gang, they smuggle arms to our mutant brothers and turn a tidy profit. The Cape Killers wish to shut them down. I'm sending a few people to help them evacuate their holdings and escape safely."

Again a cruel twist to the left side of her face. Perhaps a smile of sorts. "With fortune many of these 'Cape Killers' will meet their end."

"Join my warriors in their holy struggle for the mutant paradise, and we shall have a deal."

#46 Posted by Tanner_The_Red (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: "Consider it done.." Is all Tanner had to say after a lengthy pause.

#47 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tanner_Brenkov: "Delightful." The single word echoes in the cavernous chamber.

A little shiver ran through her blood. Although she had no plans to be there herself tomorrow would be a day of great violence and bloodshed. Her lust for such things could be suppressed for the mutant cause, but it never went truly went away.

#48 Posted by Figaro (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: Syd bounces down from the rafters cracking his neck, on a trip from Mysts drug. He chuckles softly while walking up behind Krat. He slicks back his hair as he walks up behind her, cracking a peanut in his hand he tosses it into his mouth before muttering "Chello Boss, whats on the menu tonight?" Licking his finger clean of the salt from the peanut he grins "I've been aching for something more."

#49 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Figaro: "Earlier, some guards." A small smirk, slender and sharp.

"Tomorrow we go to the aid of our brothers and sisters in the cause. We shall fight in the trash strewn streets of New York, a fighting retreat against the 'Cape Killers' to save as many of our holy kind as possible."

#50 Posted by Figaro (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: The mention of Holy rips him from his trip and he glares at Krat "Havnt I told you not to say words like holy around me? It kills the mood, and what holy war do you speak of?"