Blue_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cassius_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

Men have their skills and benefits and Morrigan has hers since she's a woman. Although she can transformer herself into a man, she prefers sticking to what she knows best and she uses her assets quite effectively here.

But thanks to Flashback moving his hand down to Morrigan's butt in order to feel it, it gets in the way of Cassius's intended move to get the shape-shifter's attention. It's bad timing, but Morrigan expects something to go wrong. So when it does, she's ready.

Flashback feels the tap on his hand and he's surprised as he breaks the kiss and looks down to notice something he was never meant to see. In a flash, he scrapes a dagger across Morrigan's cheek and in the middle of shape-shifting into her true form she says, "Bad move."

As expected, Flashback tries to run but Morrigan used her Meta-Tech power to give her watch a 'tractor beam' capability. So as the speedster tries running off he is surprised when he doesn't get very far as he slows down to a crawl before being lifted off his feet and forcefully pulled back towards Morrigan.

With a smirk, Morrigan slams a fist into his face as she tries to knock him out. But Flashback proves how resilient he is by taking the punch like a champ. Unable to run away, he is forced to fight. And while Blue Ghost is faster than any ordinary human, Flashback is far faster than her. He hits her hundreds of times in the span of just one second and she crumbles to the ground as she is unable to withstand such a punishing move.

Fortunately or unfortunately, Morrigan still has that watch that is functioning as a tractor beam. Gotta love Meta-Tech that gives technology a super power. This means Flashback cannot run away and that means Cassius can do something.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blue_ghost: sorry for the delay

Speedsters are always tricky and Cassius was always acutely aware just how fast something could and most likely would go wrong. Knowing fairly well how best laid plans often rapidly shifted into the brownest of creeks. The shadows enveloped him their cold encompassing embrace blocking out the light of day as he shifted into the dark other behind the speedster. Attacking from someone's own shadow had always been a favorite of his abilities. The mere seconds it took became clear as soon as his form seemed to materialize behind the floating encased speedster. Emerging from the darkness a fully-fledged demonic armored killing machine.

Morrigan was on one knee with a fresh cut and the beginning of some extra bumps and bruises beginning to form from what he could only assume was the opening salvo of the fight. Enraged his wrists tightened and the claws retracted from his fingers glistening as the untarnished metalic-bone compound rapidly grew from his fingers. His fingers grouped like a venomous jaw slamming into the speedster's spine his fingers swarming around a singular vertebra with brutal and swift intention, massive spinal trauma. Blood trickled and then poured across his palm flowing and dripping from his elbow. Arm and spine still mangled into a grotesque form of puppetry.

Then Cassius heard the screams, the please. His mind recalling his greatest shame. The gothic city slaughters. Snapping back to reality Cassius looked to Morrigan “Let him go. I have this” Morrigan’s reply was swift as the lone Knightfall near instantly felt the weight of the speedster on his shoulders. “Wait here” as if falling back into nothingness the world twisted to a black totality remerging into a blinding light far from the docks. Finding the first medical professional he could Cassius laid the possibly crippled speedster down. “This guy is dangerous, but he needs medical attention. Please help him”

Returning to the shadow's whence he came appearing back next to Morrigan mere moments after he first left.

“That didn’t go well. I … am not ready for this. I could have killed him. I wanted to.”

Falling to one knee to be at Morrigan's level his eyes filling up as they begun to weep.

Blue_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: (OOC: NP my friend. ^_^)

No Caption Provided

Through the fog and darkness, Morrigan is dimly aware of what Cassius does to the speedster. She even thinks she smells the blood that is flowing down the speedsters back. The screams are most definitely heard through the haze of going in and out of unconsciousness. But being the resilient shape-shifter that she is, she snaps out of it.

That is when Morrigan hears Cassius order her to let the speedster go. She trusts him enough so she taps her watch and twists the outer edge of it as the tractor beam turns off, but the speedster is in too much pain to do anything about escaping. Like a rag doll, Morrigan observes the Master of Shadows vanish into the inky blackness of the void, telling her to wait here.

Morrigan does not have to wait long before Cassius returns, by now she is sitting up and witnesses him falling to one knee. Those eyes of his, beautiful as they are, brim up with the watery tears and threaten to spill over before sliding down his face. Her heart going out to him, Morrigan brings up her blue hands and wipes the tears away with her thumbs, whispering words of comfort to him, "Shhhh. You didn't and that is what matters. You spared him and we got the Tesla Coil." Her face is just inches away from him, yellow pupiless eyes staring at him. She smells of an unknown perfume. To Morrigan, Cassius smells like exotic metals, "I'd call that mission a success in my book."

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blue_ghost:

For a brief moment Cassius’s shame and guilt had overburdened him. In the past he had killed without hesitation but now his every move conflicted him. A life of fight over flight had left him unnatural and unhealthily unhinged. Anxiety ironically shadowed over the would be master of shadows. Morrigan's almost motherly embrace dragged his focus back to the now, pushing his darker thoughts to the back of his mind for now. Her eyes seemed to stare into his very soul as she tried to comfort him, beautiful empathic and warm. A welcome connection to another human being, something he hadn’t had in years. Even longer if he excluded his own family.

His voice somewhat less level than normal as he tried to recompose himself

“I... I suppose your right.”

His mind moved slowly like an overburdened browser as he tried to clear through the fogginess of his thoughts and bring some composure and clarity to himself and what he had to say. Taking a deep breath and repeating to himself over and over “You got this”

“Look, my training, my instincts all tell me to do these things. Things that normal people simply don't think or feel. But underneath all of this we are all normal people. We have these skills and gifts that compel us to do and think in a way that goes against our basic human emotions. Empathy isn't something you can turn on or off and it’s the emotion that keeps getting me. Perhaps I just can't do this anymore.”

His words sinking in as he reflected on them, waiting on Morrigan's response before adding

“We better get those wounds seen to”

Blue_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall:

Morrigan watches the burdens slowly, gradually, go back where they belong but moving at a snails pace. But the shape-shifter does not mind being patient for she has lived for more than a hundred years upon the Earth. If there is one lesson she has learned quite well over the years, it's patience. Cassius's darkness seems a little different than her own, but she also has that killer instinct inside of her even if it's been highly damaged by the Blaze Rider. Despite this damage, she always goes into a default killing mode but thanks to the damage that has been done to her mind she cannot actually kill someone. Literally. Unlike Cassius who has a choice, Morrigan has none. Still, her own darkness battles within her. She knows it for the monster it is.

Morrigan watches Cassius continue to calm down. A man who has been consumed by the darkness but now fights to break free of it's chains. To change into the best version of himself. A man fighting against the nature that had come so easily for him. Does he become stronger if he one day wins this fight with himself? Does he become weaker? Time will tell either way.

Morrigan is glad to hear those words that she is right. It seems she has soothing presence for him and she is glad she is here to comfort him in his hours of darkness and loneliness. His burdens shouldn't be held by himself alone, but shared with another who can sympathize with him. Morrigan has found a kindred spirit in Cassius, but does he feel the same way? Weather he does or not, the shape-shifter intends to stay in contact with Cassius whatever the outcome of this day.

“Look, my training, my instincts all tell me to do these things. Things that normal people simply don't think or feel. But underneath all of this we are all normal people. We have these skills and gifts that compel us to do and think in a way that goes against our basic human emotions. Empathy isn't something you can turn on or off and it’s the emotion that keeps getting me. Perhaps I just can't do this anymore.”

Morrigan's eyes tell that she understands. The fight to kill is always there for her too. Perhaps not quite like his own. She isn't crying right now, mostly because she didn't try and kill the speedster. Hands still on his cheeks, she dares to try and kiss him on his forehead before saying, "If you feel within your heart that it's better to retire and live a life without all of this crap, perhaps that is something you need to try. A life away from all of this. But that is a decision not to be taken lightly, of course you know that. It's something to give serious thought, at least."

And Morrigan knows Cassius might very well think about retiring. Maybe even eventually settling down somewhere and attempt a life of relative peace if it manages to find him. If the universe happens to be that kind. In the end, it's a choice only he can make for himself.

“We better get those wounds seen to.”

Morrigan nods, letting her hands slide down his cheek and and into his hands so that he can help her up if he is so inclined to be a gentleman.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blue_ghost

Cassius offered his hand and helped raise Morrigan back to her feet, before pushing some of her hair away so he could look her in the eye. “You know, as much as I hate the way it went down. I got to say it’s been good to do something, anything with somebody else” Shaking his head as the two began to walk, internally critiquing the words that just spouted from his mouth. A few slightly awkward minutes later the two of them entered another of Cassius’s caches.

“Take a seat” the lone knightfall pulled out a chair and reached into a large green box pulling out some plasters bandages wipes tablets and gloves. Pulling on the plastic gloves as his newfound ally took a seat. Cassius looked intently at the various cuts and marks the brief but violent struggle with the speedster had left. Even his what appeared to be glancing blows left friction burns and fractured torn skin. This lady was tough this kind if damage must hurt like hell. The force of these blows certainly would trouble him even in his armor.

“Good news and bad news. This is going to hurt. But I am not a bad field surgeon so should have you all patched up pretty quickly. So least it won’t take long. ”

Getting to work cleaning up the cuts before closing them up and covering them up. A rough few minutes for her no doubt. Cassius throwing his gloves into a nearby bin before offering Morrigan a drink and some tablets.

“These will keep any infections from flaring up. Just change the dressing and keep it clean and all will be good”

Weirdly for him he hadn't needed to use his skills in field medication since his powers manifested. Perhaps this was something he could do, perhaps he could help people by using these skills. His thoughts snapping back for a second as he remembered what Morrigan had said to him earlier.

“Maybe I need to push myself into using the good stuff I know more than the bad. Stop hiding and start really trying. What do you think?”

Blue_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morrigan let's him wipe some of her hair from her face, tilting her head and locking eyes with him. Then he surprises her by saying it was good to do something with someone. Then she grins knowingly, "I usually work alone, but I agree." The words are mainly used because he seems to look like he's perhaps chiding himself for his choice of words after he spoke them. Call it feminine intuition. Perhaps her own words will help him not to feel so bad now that he knows she feels a similar way.

The pain from the fight slows Morrigan down a bit as she limps. Her cheek still burns from having been sliced open and then the burns all over her body from friction. She hides the pain well, having dealt with worse in her life.

Once again, Morrigan finds herself in another place that belongs to him. She wonders how many he has. But she understands the need. She has similar places since she's being hunted as the Blue Ghost and needs a place to hide and hole up. She obediently takes a seat even as Cassius takes out a green box and puts those gloves on.

Morrigan nods at Cassius's words of warning but says nothing. She appreciates them, but pain is something she is very familiar with since she's well over a hundred years old. She wonders what Cassius would think about that if he knew. Morrigan certainly doesn't look over a hundred. In fact, she still looks like she's in her 20's and in the prime of her life. That's because, for her, she is. Someday she'll die of old age but she has no clue when that will be.

Morrigan's thoughts are broken by a series of searing hot pain as Cassius begins cleaning and sterilizing her injuries before patching her up. Clenching her jaw tight, as well as her hands, she stays as still as she can as he works. She twitches on occasion whenever he touches a new spot, but remains tense as he cleans here and there as well.

Morrigan gratefully takes the drink and tablets, downing them before wiping her lips. She nods to him, "Thank you." She marks down what he told her and will remember to follow those instructions. Then, at his question, Morrigan looks up at him and giving him a small smile but more like a grin, "You have steady hands and a caring touch. I think that's a good idea. What other good skills do you have?"

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blue_ghost:

Cassius blushed a little at the caring hands comment. Truth be told it had been an age since anybody had so much as hinted at him being anything less than that killer from the news. That Knightfall that was still around, that guy who was long passed his welcome. It was a welcome reprieve. He even smiled at Morrigan as she continued.

“What other good skills do you have?"

Responding playfully

“We should at least have dinner first” letting out a laugh before adding “Seriously, you hungry? How about it?” Reaching into a bag resting in the corner and pulling out a small handful of cash. “I know a place that does great dumplings, and they have some green tea and ginger thing that you have got to try. Helps that most people don’t speak much English there either.”

“This is the part where you say you're married right?” offering his arm waiting to see if his gut was right.

Blue_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall:

Although women typically have a bit thinner skin and it's easier to see their cheeks flush red, it's harder to spot when men blush because their skin is a bit thicker. Nevertheless, Morrigan spots the reddening of Cassius's cheeks, however faint it happens to be. The shape-shifter has an eye for detail since she must constantly practice such a skill. It helps her take the form of others better and to copy them in all possible ways. The more Morrigan hangs out with Cassius, the more accurately she will be able to copy him. Not that she will because there is no need.

As Morrigan listens to his playful come back, she's glad she had decided before meeting him to treat him as a person and not as a killer. A villain to be shunned or hunted but a person with emotions and dreams of his own as well as the painful memories of a past he's trying to leave behind. They are something of a kindred spirit, finding plenty of common with each other but also several differences to set them apart.

The prospect of having dinner sounds nice, not even realizing that Morrigan had been hungry but now that Cassius mentions food she has to admit she can use a bite to eat. She's still in her form she took as a beautiful blonde so she decides to shift forms seamlessly into her raven haired human form before putting her arm through his offered one and rising from her seat.

Morrigan smiles, though. Even after over a century of life she has never gotten married. Too many things got in the way, "A meal sounds perfect and no, I've never been married." A fact that she fully expects to take Cassius a little by surprise, "What about you?"

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Greystoke Industries - Night: Two Nights Before the Next Full Moon...

High above the noises of the city, a detachment of armed guards gathered on the roof of Greystoke Industries. Covered in sleek black body armor, each individual's body remained hidden. All that could be seen were the savage glow of their feral eyes through their face masks.

The leader among them was older than the rest. Nearly two hundred years old, he was a battle-hardened immortal - a lycan. Having bee turned directly by the alpha himself, the blood of the ancients or "First Wolves" ran through his veins.

As he walked around the perimeter, he only stopped for an instant to either sniff the air, listen to his surroundings, or to peer into the distance.

With a silent nod of his head, the immortals surrounding him stepped into formation. The leader then reached up to his earpiece and said, "Clear for landing..."

With that, the sound of a small military jet could be heard in the distance. Though it had been circling the area for a few minutes, it finally made its gradual approach towards the roof - stopping directly over the rooftop landing area in hovering mode.

When the landing gear gently touched down upon the roof, the rear loading door opened and more armed guards exited the craft. As they lined up along the sides, a man with a cane appeared on the ramp. His long coat flowed in the wind as he made his way down from the craft.

There were no lights on the roof, as each individual could already see in the dark. Making his way toward the man exiting the craft, the leader of the rooftop detachment dropped to his knee. "My Lord..." he said, keeping his head bowed towards the dark figure which approached. Truth be told, the leader had no idea what to expect from his lord. It had been years since he had even laid eyes on him, or since he had even stepped foot in the Western Hemisphere.

"You've served me well." the dark figure said, placing his hand gently upon the leader's shoulder. "Stand up... It's been too long, my old friend..." With that, he brought the leader to his feet and the two embraced as brothers.

For the first time since the events of Madrid, William Greystoke had returned to New York...

Making his way down to the penthouse suite, William and his comrade sat next to a roaring fireplace. At that point, the fireplace served as the only light source within the room.

It revealed the subtle aging in William's face. As he took his seat, he was able to lean his cane against a nearby table. Never before had he ever needed such an object, but it had become necessary. His hair, once a rich dark brown, had faded into grey.

"What happened over there?" the detachment leader asked. "...not just in Madrid... but everywhere? What happened to YOU?"

"It's a long story..." William replied in a weary tone. "It's just fortunate that we are nearing the next full moon... but there's no benefit in looking to the past though. We need to concern ourselves with what lies ahead."

Without saying a word, a member of William's detachment entered the room with an inoculation device and a bucket. Loaded in it was vial that appeared to be blood. Taking the device with an almost trembling hand, William raised it to his neck and pulled the trigger - shooting the solution directly into his blood stream.

He suddenly shot straight back in his chair, his body shaking in physical pain. As his comrade immediately rushed to his aid, William raised his hand - signaling his loyal subject to stand down.

William's veins all appeared the raise near the surface of his skin - black in appearance under his flesh. His eyes suddenly changed into a feral yellow color and took on the appearance of an animal. At that moment, his veins began to recede and return to their original appearance, his face began to lose its aged appearance, and his hair began to darken.

Quickly grabbing the bucket, William leaned over and retched into it - coughing up a vile black liquid... tainted blood. He then sat back and took a deep breath. His features continued to revert to their former look as his breathing became more steady.

After a few seconds, William stood up from his chair without the assistance of his cane. All had returned to its normal state except for his eyes. They maintained their feral state and glowed.

Slowly turning his back on the fire, William walked towards the large windows which overlooked the city of New York. After looking over the city for a moment, he turned and said, "We have work to do..."