CVnU: New York City

#12501 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

"A bomb?" Warspool actually raised an eyebrow, intrigued by the prospect that this man thought he had done something nefarious.

"You mean you've never had Taco Bell for thirty weeks straight?"

He patted his bare stomach, where the C4 had been planted in his lower intestine as a contingency plan. Suddenly the realization came, or maybe the novelty of the joke just wore off, and he turned the open hand to a scratching one.

"Oh right, that. Thing is, that was what is known as a 'plot device'. I get roughed up by Paulie and not-Paulie, I set off the C4 that I swallowed a week ago, then you show up looking for what caused it, you know - plot! But that's not where it stops. These guys," he pointed at the corpses and near-corpses of the gangsters with his good hand.

"They're rounding up mercenaries and assassins in the area and putting them down, doesn't matter where or how. Civilians might get caught in the crossfire," he shrugged with one shoulder.

"Okay, this is really annoying, can you take this out? I'll help you scare these guys into not going around and killing people all willy-nilly. Scout's honor!"

#12502 Posted by Ryth (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@_drake:

That was some pretty marksmanship, Elizabeth had to admit, as she got up from the sofa, clapping. She may not have had the reflexes of the archer, but whatever human reflexes she did possess, honed by her time in the ring with various martial arts, she noticed the coins had deliberately more momentum than the knife, for them to be able to subject the knife like that. It was an impressive feat of precision and handiwork. It also told Elizabeth that the experienced archer had to have put in hundreds of thousands of hours of strenuous exercise with the muscles of his arm to be able to observe such control over seemingly simple actions. Her impression of him improved greatly. Previously, she thought he was nothing but a washed up 'hero' type looking for quick money. Then and there, Elizabeth became convinced that Drake had all the skills to back the bow he carried. "Wow, that was incredible McIntosh!" She exclaimed, picking up the knife from the floor, where it had left a small dent on the floorboard. The owners might not be very happy about this though.

She walked towards the table and sat down. "Thank you for the meal," She said before taking a sip of the coffee. This is good coffee. Slightly surprised, she looked at Drake, who did not have a cup...instead in front of him was the whole pot. "You've got to show me how to shoot arrows sometime,"Everything I do is a fluke, it's just so stressful! Elizabeth sighed mentally. She always doubted her skill because of it. There was that time when she fell off a bridge but did not die. She landed in a truck full of hay, which had cushioned her fall. And the only reason she did not die in a fire was apparently that a drunk guy had pressed the fire alarm when there never was even a fire. That activated sprinklers and killed the little fire...although it did ruin most of her electronic equipment. "And, As long as you are with me, Drake, I assure you, you won't have to deal with the killer, unarmed..." Or, they run into him. Luck, it was a weird thing. You don't control shit. Shit just happens, and you are but an integer in the program called fate. "...and hey, I'm not your boss or anything. I'm just a level 2 field officer. I'd rather the term 'friend'. We have only ourselves to rely on when someone wakes up on the wrong side of the bed one day and decides they want Earth gone. Until then, all we really do is small stuff that regular police can't handle, really, or is too controversial to handle," There always existed unspoken attrition between humans and the mutant kind. The world might have moved on, but many still remembered how it used to be years ago.

#12503 Edited by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

Assassins? Mercenaries? There were more? How many were there in the city? The sirens were getting louder and the people were already taking videos of the entire ordeal. Hank could already see this being on the news, perhaps already on live. The Forgotten Hero took out a small circular device from his belt buckle and gave it to the still pinned Assassin.

"Call me with this when you have a lead."

Hank mounted his grappling hook attachment to his gauntlet once more, "I'm Nightwatch." With a swift movement, he shot up to the rooftops. He knew very well that the man would get free before the police arrived. What Hank also knew was the man would probably curse him out, probably detailing how he was going to die. It didn't matter though, he had an unlikely ally for now.

#12504 Posted by _Drake (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryth:

His brows cocked as soon as claps reached his ears, bringing a genuine content simper to his visage, facetiously arching his body forth, arm crossing his waist line as if he bowed to a circus' crowd. "Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week." In reality, nothing could properly camouflage Drake's happiness, he had allegedly 'wasted' his youth improving every nook and cranny of an already outstanding aim. Perfect vision, slowed time, reaction timing, well-timed breath, body control, position of arms, everything about his archery had been honed to perfection, or at the very least the closest he could to it. Indeed, he sacrificed much pursuing this hobby of his, eventually having to especialize specifically on his abilities to make a living. Being recognized by this, even praised, was pretty much all that assured him he didn't spend time chasing nothing. Besides, the way she put it was rather charming. "Please, call me Drake. McIntosh sounds like you're someone I don't know, and since you said you're my friend, no friend of mine calls me that." He shrugged. Damn, first day I meet her, I'm already a friend. This... Naaaaaah, don't get your hopes up, Drake, you're better than daydreaming.

Taking a deep sip from the pot, it wasn't unlike the former vigilante drank water from a glass, the steamy, warm liquid pouring into his throat, he could feel the energy coming back to him in waves, sluggishly waking him up. A sigh of satisfaction after probably the longest slurp Elizabeth had ever witnessed. "Damn, I needed this." His eyes visibly more open as he sat down himself. "Me teaching you to shoot arrows?" A chuckle while he rubbed his eyes. Is that an invitation for a date, miss Elizabeth? "I mean, I never taught anybody, but I guess I could. Is it extra-official, though?" He enquired jokingly. Leaning forth, McIntosh allowed himself to indulge on the most delicious breakfast he had in a while. "Breakfast time is sacred in this house, Elizabeth. No talking about work during it." He nodded. "Tell me more about yourself, preeeeetty sure you've read my file, only fair you share your story."

#12505 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

The Unhinged Hyena looked between the device Nightwatch just crammed into his hand before vaulting away and the hook still pinning him to the wall.

"Jackass!" he yelled after him, grunting and groaning as he struggled against the implement.

Wiggling a little he pried himself off, but not without a decent amount of body mass lost. He practically screamed in pain, but the regeneration already began to take place and he could move his arm again.

"At least take me out to dinner first!"

#12506 Posted by Ryth (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@_drake:

"Alright, Drake," Elizabeth leaned back. Friend, huh? She didn't really have friends, or found time to indulge in the sort, and mainly because she worked for a metahuman correctional facility, or...one that dealt with metahumans, with mostly metahuman variety being employed on it. There wasn't all that much someone like Elizabeth could do around the department. Drake though? He was interesting enough, despite the creepy staring, she found him to be humorous and tolerable. There was no reason for her to be pissed off, and he hadn't given her any. In fact, he was treating her to this nice breakfast in his home, someone he had only just met today. That was kinda surprising. "Nope, it's nothing like 'official' official. We could just head on over to a range on weekends and you can show me around," She suggested. Totally not a date. I've wasted all of my teen years in the military anyway. Hanging out wouldn't hurt. "Personal details on a need to know basis only, Mr. Drake McIntosh," Elizabeth said, chuckling, obviously being sarcastic there. "But I suppose, since you gave me this very nice breakfast, I can tell you. My mother, Annabel Danger is in the Airforce, taught me pretty much everything I know from a very young age. But you know how parents are, I wasn't allowed to fly or ever allowed to go on campaigns. That's why I could no longer stay in the Airforce and I moved out. Here, I'm free to do whatever I want, although the work is small, at least I enjoy it."

#12507 Edited by _Drake (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryth:

A-ha, so it is a date! Damn, I love my new job. Drake attempted to hide his smirk behind the pot of coffee, sipping little by little as he couldn't quite take his mind out of what had actually hapenned right now. His heart palpitated, maybe those were the effects of the coffee combined with the sheer excitement of being asked out, even if his hunch was entirely off like many times before. "Well, if you insist that much, guess I have no choice, do I?" He shrugged, attempting to sustain that nonchalant air he often had, his cover definitely blown by an imbecilic smile he couldn't shake off. Her backstory, well, it certainly was more interesting than his, even if she pretended to be somewhat reluctant at first, Elizabeth didn't strike as the mysterious sort of woman, her teasing only brought a brief chuckle to lighten the mood even further. Airforce, huh? The closest I've been from flying was that time Ultraboy rescued me from a falling building... Not that she needs to know that much. "Tell me about it, the amount of times I had to hear I wasn't touching another arrow until I moved out was almost in the millions. But, hey, we're our own people, you know? Your mom doesn't get to tell you what to do, and I guess you know that much..." He sighed, that was an idiotic try to relate to something he didn't necessarily. His parents weren't in the military, after all. "Well, at least I can say I'm glad you found somewhere you can be free. That's how I got to meet you instead of some hotheaded prick playing the senior part."

#12508 Posted by Ryth (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@_drake:

Drake's excitement showed on his face, and that concerned Elizabeth a bit, mainly because he might be taking the wrong meaning here. Good thing she knew how to defend herself in case he tried...something. This is...not a date. She reassured herself. There was no way she was going on a date with a man she hasn't known for less than 24 hours. This was totally ridiculous, and yet...she was going out with him. A light blush pervaded her face before she shook it off. Get a grip Elizabeth! Don't fall for his smooth talk! "Just because I'm being friendly doesn't mean I don't expect optimum performance on the field, Drake," She said, trying to be professional. "And if a bow and arrow helps your nerves, then so be it," She said, finishing up the breakfast, and getting up. It's only fair after all, she had her holster and guns. "So, champ, ready when you are," This would be it before they headed out, hitting the streets of east Newyork, a lot of walking, a lot of socializing and talking to people, asking questions...just generally chillaxing work day, except Elizabeth knew full well how stressful it can get.

I'm looking forward to this weekend though. Would be a nice change of scenery from gym equipment to getting fresh air with the Archer.

#12509 Edited by _Drake (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryth:

Her sudden shift of moods brough Drake's down significantly, mostly because while his mood hadn't truly vanished, it was clearly unwelcomed by Elizabeth, meaning once more he definitely screwed up with his interpretations. I knew it. First day, too good to be true. Typical Drake luck. Crossing his arms, McIntosh finished to chew the last bits of his breakfast prior to dryly gulping it, trying to shove it down with all the positivity he crafted out of a meaningless invitation. Perhaps she really desired to learn archery and saw in him the flawless teacher, or maybe she just got that bored. "Don't worry about my performance, I'll try my best like always. So just lead the way, sir." He mocked a salute.

Bow at hands, quiver strapped around his waist as if it was a belt since it was much easier to carry it that way as opposed to strapping it onto his back, and a few pats on Larry's head and Drake was off the door, locking it with his keys. Wars will understand that I'm not home today, even though I didn't tell him about my new job yet. Wonder where he is.

#12510 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

The soft, almost inaudible hum of drone rotors was swallowed by the the angry screech of tires below, the howl of horns and cacophony of thousands of automobiles as they whirled through the streets.

Seven drones followed two cars linked to Musa Bashir's underworld empire. Previously Hawkshade had been limited to following those whom he could personally follow but the Blackhawk drone freed him from this limitation. Now he could manage a small fleet of drones linked to his old Strigidae cowl by encrypted communication channels.

Hawkshade hadn't forgot the man. Wouldn't forget him. He knew he couldn't take him down.. yet. But every piece of information he gathered on the criminal mastermind's network lead him closer and closer to a chink in the armor of the seemingly invincible warrior king.

Avatar image for killer_instinct
#12511 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

No Caption Provided

A number Nightwatch is all too familiar with.

The device is broadcasting from an area of New York City that is seldom-traveled, isolated. Dark. Crime here is limited to drug and weapons trafficking on a minor scale. Death had been common during the 20's and 30's. Some believe the hollow statues of old skyscrapers and industrial buildings to be haunted.

There are only a few people around where the transmitter is pouring out its signal. Homeless, sitting around a barrel fire. The compact disc is sitting in some trash next to them, beeping its silent song as the light continuously shines out in unbroken rhythm. A harmony to an invisible hand having pressed it.

Warspool is nowhere to be seen.

#12512 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

The Forgotten made his way to the city that never sleeps. Swinging across the rooftops under the night sky. Despite being such a bright city in the heart of Manhattan, Hank could see the heart beating from miles away. He had arrived at the dark and depressing neighborhood in New York. The last he heard, this neighborhood was filled with crime with death tolls supporting that statistic. As of now, it seemed the neighborhood remained dark, but it seemed to have other evils replacing the ones he heard so much about.

It was only weeks ago that he encountered the Chatty Mercenary, who claimed to have known where drug dealing and human trafficking were located within the city. He claimed that if he found out he would let Hank know of the whereabouts, as a result, Hank entrusted him with his homing device. One call and he would come. The computer on his wrist indicated that the Mercenary was nearby.

"Ok Grandpa, it's here." Rose radioed in his earpiece, "Are you sure about this? Warspool is pretty dangerous and based on what I could find... kind of annoying."

"I know." He replied with a sigh, "But he's my only lead."

"The beacon is between these two buildings coming up."

Hank flew down into the alley, spreading his cape to catch wind and glide so carefully into the alley. His feet gently touching the ground as to not make any noise. In his sight, homeless people around a barrel fire. One of them noticed the presence of Nightwtach.

"H-hey... we don't want trouble man! W-we're just standing around a fire." The others around them turned and slowly backed away from fear, locking their eyes directly at the glowing red eyes of the hero.

"Where's Warspool?" Hank asked with a gruff tone.

"Who?"

A small light caught Hank's eyes. His head turned to the right and walked over to a bin full of garbage and rats crawling all over. One of the rats was attempting to chew on the compact disc that laid on top.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

#12513 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

The group of forlorn despots of the New York economic system were already at a disadvantage. Without money they couldn't bribe their way out of this situation. Without proper nourishment or honed fighting skills they couldn't defend themselves. If the shadow before them had been any indication, knives wouldn't alleviate their unnervingly low chances of victory.

And so, one of them peeled away. He had a strangely powerful stride to his sprinting, as if he had been in track and field in one point in his life.

"I ain't going back to jail!" he roared above the quiet panic, making it explode into a confrontation. Another one approached the Forgotten, trying to hug him.

"I'm sorry, God I'm sorry!" she murmured desperately.

The beeping on the homing device persisted throughout. In fact, it became louder - or at least, more distinct. Faster. A cavalcade of terror, matching the strides of a baroque masquerade churning and simmering with lively movement. The organ music played in some unseen corner of the mind, haunting the ears. Kissing chaos, springing it from the cage of the lamenting madness. Tick tock tick tock.

And then, the unthinkable happened: the disc itself would expand into a rolling inferno of flame and energy, intent on consuming the alleyway in a hellish moment of unrelenting force and heat. In an instant it would be over, but the damage had already been done - whatever limit that it managed to reach.

#12514 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

The vagabonds began to scatter from the hero.

"I ain't going back to jail!" The homeless man ran away from Nightwatch, not wanting to risk his life to go downhill even further.

"I'm sorry, God I'm sorry!" a woman repeatedly muttered under breath.

The disc began to blink faster. "Rose? What's going on?"

"Grandpa get out of there! It's not supposed to do that!"

Hank threw the disc with his monster strength across the neighborhood street, little did he realize the consequence of his action.

BOOM

"The cape Grandpa!"

The Gray Guardian covered his body with his cape, shielding him from the heat the bomb emitted. It was a ripple of force that erupted around the neighborhood. Hank was thrown back from the strength of the wave, crashing through nearby buildings.

Grandpa?

Everything was fuzzy, muffled.

zzzall right?zzzzzzzzz

Flames all around, some shapes around him.

zzzPleasezzzzzz

Grzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Avatar image for green_sentinelx
#12515 Posted by Green_SentinelX (194 posts) - - Show Bio
#12516 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

No Caption Provided

Opening to the shimmering twilight of dancing sound, the piano and organ tuned to baroque fascination would be the first limericks heard, the glimmering gold of the ornaments most numerous is what would be first marvels seen. The Forgotten, the Nightwatch, the relic of another age, gilded and golden in name only. A stark irony, then, to see the brilliance of the masquerade - and know it only to be a sham.

A host, it would seem, would raise Hank by the chains strapping his wrists together, whereas before the vigilante only had his unconscious nature pinning him in place. A full five inches off the ground, just close enough to tantalize reaching with the toes for balance and support and just far enough for that relief to be turned into insurmountable tension in the tendons as his body stretched further than what was natural.

"Welcome, Nightwatch," the man in the celestial mask proclaimed, the party coming to a halt as the goers gathered round to observe their most honored guest. "My, my you are a strong one. But not even you can break those bindings, as it should be,"

He turned to face the crowd, the stars of his domino disguise glittering in the modest yellow light.

"Ladies and gentlemen! We have in our midst a man who needs no introduction, for we have sought him out for quite some time! Now, however, I think I should give you all a bit of a secret - so cover your ears!" he mocked placing his own over his head, and the assembly did the same - in complete unison.

He turned back towards Nightwatch, his eyes almost sparkling with a deviousness never before seen - even by the standards of the veteran before him.

"You mentioned someone before the explosion. A... Rose, I believe? And the recordings before you completely fell unconscious. She called you 'grandpa'. Is this why you haven't been making good on our invitations before?"

#12517 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

The same note repeated: F, F, F, F, F, F. Then F minor chords, followed by the style of traditional Baroque era music. The tendons in Hank's shoulders stretched like an old rubber band, something was holding him up. Octaves on repeat, and suddenly the rhythm picks up. Hank's eyes slowly opened to the blinding stage lights upon his face. Still dazed from the blast, he tried to get a sense of what was going on.

"Welcome Nightwatch."

That was the first time he heard that name from someone else. Only Warspool knew his name, but this voice had a sophisticated and elegant tone. Hank turned his head as his pupils dilated, finally making out his surroundings. An audience? What was this? Everyone present wore elegant clothing with a classical masquerade-esque mask. "My, my you are a strong one. But not even you can break those bindings, as it should be." Hank turned to the voice, a man sat the piano playing with such elegance, style, passionately moving along with the scales.

From center stage the Gray Guardian gritted his teeth, "Who the hell-"

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" The Elegant Enigma stood, arms wide and facing the audience. "We have in our midst a man who needs no introduction, for we have sought him out for quite some time!"

We? The man walked to center stage.

"Now however, I think I should give you all a bit of a secret - so cover your ears!"

Everyone did as they were told, as if they were in a trance. The masked man walked over to Hank, maintaining his distance as he grinned. The man then spoke at a softer tone, just enough so Hank could hear. "You mentioned before the explosion. A... Rose, I believe?" Hank's eyes widened, just realizing Rose had not spoken to him since the blast. Emotions swirled around Hank like a hurricane in his chest as he screamed.

"And the recordings before you completely fell unconscious. She called you 'grandpa.' Is this why you haven't been making good on our invitations before?"

Hank began to breathe heavily. The knowledge of this man knowing his granddaughter's name and the thought of losing her, Jack and Hollie made Hank feel empty once more. The Gray Guardian looked directly at the Elegant Man, "What the hell do you want?"

@green_sentinelx:That would be awesome, but Wars and I had a collaboration we've been talking about for sometime. But next time for sure though! d(^_^)

#12518 Posted by ParagonxXx (5043 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway: (Green Sentinel here. Okay, sounds good. And no worries, even if you had said yes, I would have asked Wars if I could join you guys. ~_^ Have fun with your RP). ^_^

#12519 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio
#12520 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

"Are you feeling unwell?" the cosmic mask inquired and prodded.

"You're not seeing the bigger picture, my friend, look around you!" he motioned for the guests to remove their hands from their ears, and they did so. Again, in disturbing connection to each other.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Our esteemed colleague Nightwatch has but to answer one question, and he will be admitted to the masquerade!"

He gave a sharp glare at the imprisoned hero. Something about his eyes flickered, gave an unnatural light. He turned back towards the crowd.

"We just want him to stay! But will he go?"

No Caption Provided

A chant began to erupt. Methodical at first, then maddening. 'Stay!' they all commanded in unison.

In the hustle of the cheering and roaring, the celestial mask found its piercing eyes once again darting around Hank's features and disguise. Once again, the hunger for details proved altogether alien and distant. As if the man behind the star decorations ceased to be human, and looked upon others as sculptures or inanimate objects.

Merely observing them, as opposed to interacting with them.

"We know of you now, Nightwatch. Leaving would be an insult to our generosity; have a few drinks. Indulge yourself."

#12521 Edited by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

"Are you feeling unwell? You're not seeing the bigger picture, my friend, look around you!" He signaled the crowd as a showman in a circus and the audience followed his orders as animals in an act.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Our esteemed colleague Nightwatch has but to answer one question, and he will be admitted to the masquerade!" The man soon glanced at Hank, his eyes displayed his psychotic nature under the mask. "We just want him to stay! But will he go?"

"Stay! Stay! Stay! Stay!" The crowd chanted in unison, slowly escalating into a frenzy.

The man looked at him once more, observing the hero once more, trying to analyze every detail. "We know of you now, Nightwatch. Leaving would be an insult to our generosity; have a few drinks. Indulge yourself."

The tendons in Hank's shoulders were being stretched apart, it it weren't for his new powers, the tolerance would have been lower. His back was to the wall in this situation. His arms immobile because of the chains, the Vaude Villain knew about Rose, and... he was observant. The man known as Nightwatch looked at the man in stoic silence until a smile emerged, cracking his facade.

"Do I have a choice?"

#12522 Edited by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

His most gracious host initially had to move back a little, expecting everything but a smile. However, the starry-masked curator of the event only clapped his hands together in a sudden and budding excitement.

"Excellent choice,"

He administered the news to the crowd, and they ranted and cheered, but no relief came to Nightwatch of his bonds - not yet. Instead, the master of ceremonies removed a bottle from a nearby waiter's tray. Filled to the brim with a thick, scarlet liquid that seemed as viscous as syrup, the bottle gave a distinct odor of medicine rather than liquor.

The celestial domino disguise darted to and fro, almost dancing with the idea at first, and reached to hold Hank's mouth open with one hand. A monstrous grip, too much for a man his size and stature, yet if Nightwatch had nothing planned it would pin his teeth apart like a vice.

"Now hold still, this will only hurt for a second," he continued, urging bottle to mouth.

Whatever mysterious properties remained in the drink, it was entirely possible that the party had been consumed by its abominable effects. They raised glasses in tandem, toasting to their newest member.

"You'll be one of us soon."

#12523 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

The Vaude Villain stepped back, a bit shaken at Hank's expression. Good. That confirmed Hank's suspicions, the man was all show. He knew Rose because Hank had mentioned her through a conversation, the observations indicated he was analyzing Hank. Had the villain really know his identity, his life, his past, he had nothing to be afraid of, he would have been prepared for anything. It took mere seconds for him to recollect himself, "Excellent choice."

The crowd cheered, everyone was thrilled and the man picked up a glass of viscous liquid served formally in a wine glass. He waltzed toward the hanging hero and grabbed his mouth with his monstrous hand. "Now hold still, this will only hurt for a second." Hank could feel the fingers of the man dig into his cheeks as his jaw slowly opened.

"You'll be one of us soon." His other hand putting the cup closer to Hank's mouth.

"Ah never' 'thed 'es"

The villain had positioned himself close enough to hank in order to counter, should it work. The hero's legs weren't bound and his right leg aimed toward the humerus of the arm clutching his face with enough force so that it may break his humerus once in contact with his tibia. If his foot caught his face, then it was icing on the cake to hopefully see that mask fall off and reveal the man's identity. Hank would then follow with a strong tug on the chains that held him up. His intent would not really break the chains, but hopefully break the support holding him up.

#12524 Posted by AmericanValor_ (157 posts) - - Show Bio
#12525 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@americanvalor_: I just read it. It was great! Thanks for giving me room to do some stuff I had in mind. Hopefully I’ll have something up either tomorrow or Sunday .

#12526 Edited by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

Around and around, the piano-fingers danced. A vicious cabaret of sound, launching and laughing in tandem with the notes at work. Blood dripped onto the stage. The celestial mask, hewn in two, gazed back up at Hank as he ripped the supporting hook out of the ceiling. An unseen smile crept to the man's face before it disappeared into complete and utter terror. The chains were no longer fastened. The ligaments free to move and do as they pleased. Violins shrieked, a cello burst into cacophonous sound.

The brawl began in earnest.

"Fight! Go! Kill the usurper!" he gave a frantic wave of his finger at the Forgotten, collapsing behind a wall of men who emerged from underneath the stage, behind counters, from below the tables - anywhere and everywhere, trap doors popped open. From their bowels came the Hellhounds, baring their brass teeth on closed fists and clenched in the ammunition clips of Thompson submachine guns.

Music suddenly flowed around them in the air of old 1920s swinger bars, evolving to the size and shape of the masked marauders coming to the aid of the assaulted host. Their bulky frames were garbed in gangster gear from vintage Chicago or New York, complete with fedora caps tied off with black bands. A rampaging roar of Tommy fire set the stage aflame in sparks and debris, though the band kept playing. The crowd had long ago dispersed, their spell either broken or commanded to move elsewhere it seemed.

Each man coming to engage the Forgotten in combat exceeded three hundred pounds, decked out in mostly muscle despite the squat bellies they all uniformly possessed. More padding for punches, though they appeared only human beyond their fanciful masks. The battle would be heavily stacked in Hank's favor, as he best thrived in this environment. It might have even been a callback to his earlier exploits, a sort of farewell to arms as the gilded age he took so much care to keep in his memories only seemed to fade into further bitterness.

The starry-masked man would watch from an opposing bannister, leading into a concealed upper room. The lights were dim beyond the cusp of the stairs, and he leaned out as a spectre, lending his ghoulish features to a haunting taunt and a sinister cackling. Oddly, no other exits were present - only the way leading up.

"Hopefully you aren't too rusty, Nightwatch! The night is only beginning!"

#12527 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

The hero known as Nightwatch was able to free himself from his bonds. Pieces of what held him up drizzled to the ground. "Fight! Go! Kill the usurper!" ordered the Vaude Villain. The trap doors swung open on the stage, immediately Hank was surrounded by masked men, some armed with submachine guns, others with just their bare fists. All of them equally large and intimidating. Their manner of dress and choice of weapon brought a sense of nostalgia to the Forgotten Hero, perhaps he owed some gratitude to the villain.

The sound of ammunition clips being cocked signaled the true beginning of the party. Hank quickly glanced at the villain who quietly went his way, and he quickly activated his wrist mount and rained smoke pellets upon the thugs. They blindly shot at him through the thick black smoke, unbeknownst to them that the man known as Nightwatch, observed them from the rafters above. They looked all around for the hero as they made their way through the smoke, cautiously inching toward the cloud. Through the hero's eyes via heat signature, they were red figures walking around. He pounced at the thugs below. Bullets blindly flew at the moment they caught wind of one of their own falling. Kevlar cracked beneath the superficial layer of Hank's suit, every bullet felt like a small meteor hit his body, bruises would be evident. Immediately he winced one bullet managed to hit a weak spot, ripping through the flesh of his right arm, but no matter he had to take out those gunmen. Activating his electric gloves he would pummel each one with a hit to the diaphragm, shocking their muscles. Suddenly a massive force hit him in the face, knocking the hero down. One of the brutes then grabbed him by the neck, applying pressure. Hank's tried gasping for air as he felt the thick fingers of the man make an impression into his flesh. The hero then reached out to the head of the brute, applying a shock to his head, immediately knocking him out unconscious. The hero fell to the ground, gasping, finally filling his lungs with air.

He looked up, the smoke had since dissipated, and there were still various brutes around him. He breathed heavily, "I can... do this all day..."

Everyone was down, only Hank stood. His cape torn, the kevlar beneath his armor cracked like brittle, holes all over and blood seeping through his wounds and bit down his mouth. The hero spit out a bit of red shiva to the ground as he made his way through the backstage, remembering the way the villain went and to see if he could figure out where he went. Today was not a good day, and Hank was going to take out his frustration on the man who caused it.

#12528 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

Nightwatch would win. Of course he would. That is what the celestial mask knew, what he foretold. He sank into the darkness of the lobby, concealing his body heat. With a wooden barstool in one hand, he waited with his hand on the light switch. He faded into the shadows, a chameleon beyond any other measure of comprehension. A master of disguise, in any environment and under any circumstances.

The faint knocking of Nightwatch's fists against goon would disappear. No footsteps. Not even on the old wood of the stairs. Yet there was only one way into this area. No airducts, no windows. It would take a second for Nightwatch to find him. Only a second. It would take even shorter for him to switch on the lights and break the stool over the Forgotten's head and neck.

"You've gotten old Hank," he spat, an unfamiliar coldness stabbing his words. "And I've only gotten younger,"

A sharp kick to the exposed midsection, aimed right at a bullet wound. Then another. The half-masked face of the assailant began to betray something, as did his slowly self-defining physique. He was no longer the man who imprisoned the Forgotten here. Rather, Hank would wish that he was.

"I'm going to enjoy this."

#12529 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

The wood creaked with the pressure of each step. The Veteran slowly made his way upstairs to the hidden room. His heat signature lens was cracked, the image was fuzzed, switching to normal vision and back repeatedly. Hank clutched his abdomen as he slowly made his way up. “I can do this all day” he muttered under his breath. Age would not stop him. Technology would not stop him. Time periods would not stop him. He would continue doing what is right, what he knows best.

His heat signature feature gave out as he finally arrived at the door. Slowly reaching out he turned the knob and walked into the dark room.

CRASH

Wood shattered upon the head and neck of the hero, sending him to the ground. “You’ve gotten old Hank.” What? How did-?

A kick to the already wounded midsection. “And I’ve already gotten younger.” Who was this? Hank laid on the floor, his enhanced endurance already at its limit. Hank tried making eye contact with his assailant, slowly lifting his head struggling to get the words out through the sharp pain, “Who-nn- are you?”

#12530 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

"Oh?" he knelt down, tilting his head in curiosity.

"You know, I'm sure you're very confused right now. I know your name, who your granddaughter is..."

He reached down to attempt to latch a vice grip onto the open wound he had just been kicking. His other hand would start to pick away at his own face. Layers of skin peeled back, a macabre vision of flesh exposing the terror hidden underneath.

No Caption Provided

"For decades I've wanted nothing more than to see you like this,"

Infinitely cruel blue eyes shot out, cutting with razor-thin slices into the psyche. Cold, emotionless orbs, inhuman and distant.

"To feel you wheezing for breath,"

His fingers swelled, and his body became inexplicably larger. No longer did he appear to be gaunt, but a full-bodied man thick with muscle. Denser still with layers of spite.

"Still, nothing could ever make me happier than to see your face when you recognize me again,"

He flung a final handful of dilapidated 'flesh' and 'skin'. A wet sound, almost like real meat, such was the extent of the disguise. An incomparable master of his craft.

"The Red Masque!" a bold proclamation, complete with wiping whatever blood he gleaned from Hank's bullethole onto the hero's uniform.

The crimson skull-like visage glared back down at the Forgotten, content with torturing him rather than causing any substantial damage.

"You were always trying to play the moral high ground. Is that why you started a family? So you could eventually feel good about yourself?"

The Masque arrayed his head in tandem with his rising intrigue.

"Or were you waiting for me to get out of the cage you buried me in? So you can be a hero one last time to someone important? That's probably it."

#12532 Edited by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

"You know, I'm sure you're very confused right now. I know your name, who your granddaughter is..." the Vile Villain knelt down as he clutched Hank's bullet wound with a fierce grip, slowly inching his wounded body closer to his face. The hero was helpless, he looked directly at the villain's blue eyes, fearing for what else he knew. It seemed that he was wrong, the villain did know about Hank, but how? The man began tearing his face apart, ripping the flesh off his face like husks of corn.

"For decades I've wanted nothing more than to see you like this."

Hank's eyes widened, That's impossible, he thought as his mind shuffled through his memories.

"To feel you wheezing for breath," the man suddenly began to enlarge, his appearance changing. "Still, nothing could ever make me happier than to see your face when you recognize me again."

The last piece of flesh tore from the Changeling's hand, tossing it aside. Hank called himself the Forgotten Hero, but it seems he was the one who forgot. His face expressed fear, remorse, shock as his eyes looked upon the face of the man, "The Red Masque!"

"Emil..." Hank whispered under his breath. The stories of the Justice Alliance were famous during his time, now probably lost to history. Rose knew about his adventures and of the team, 'Friends Fighting Together' was the motto, an expression that gave people courage throughout the Great Depression and World War II. It was an expression that made kids look upon their heroes with hope. Here stood the Emil Austerwitz, master of disguise, gifted fighter, skilled spy, a Justice Ally, The Red Masque; a former friend.

"You were always trying to play the moral high ground. Is that why you started a family? So you could eventually feel good about yourself? Or were you waiting for me to get out of the cage you buried me in? So you can be a hero one last time to someone important? That's probably it."

"Emil... you died... during the war...how are you alive?"

#12533 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

"Me? Dead? Oh, my dear Hank," he placed a strangely tender hand on the Forgotten's face, smearing blood.

"You're going to wish that were true,"

He would suddenly attempt to grasp Hank by the skull, squeezing slightly before hurling him into the face of the bar. Wood, stone, and plaster. Granite countertop. Judging by the strength of the man behind the throw, even a slight tap would send bottles careening everywhere.

Regardless of the success of this combination of vehemence and disdain, Emil would still keep trying to pin Hank down by the throat.

"You were invited to the Masquerade a long time ago Hank, back when you abandoned me at the rendezvous point. I managed to stay alive by disguising myself as a solider when the stormtroopers came, but they knew who I was. They were tipped off!"

Decades of anger pooled in his motions, as he would again try to toss Hank around with all the grace of a burlap sack filled with stones.

"You can't imagine what I suffered for you, for the Alliance, only to find that they dissolved before I got out. And that you started a family. Why? To seal your love with a woman, or bury the burning irons of your past mistakes?!"

He would remove a Luger pistol from a holster hidden in the small of his back under his coat. Only after that would he remove it completely and discard it to the floor.

#12534 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

The granite cracked under the body of Nightwatch, his weight added to the force of the throw made the wood and plaster break like styrofoam. The Masque clutched his former friends neck as he tossed him aside once more. Toying with him, seeking his so called revenge.

"You were invited to the Masquerade a long time ago Hank, back when you abandoned me at the rendezvous point. I managed to stay alive by disguising myself as a solider when the stormtroopers came, but they knew who I was. They were tipped off!"

Hank struggled to move, he felt pieces of the broken wood lodged into his back, it didn’t help that the villain took advantage of the bullet wounds.

"You can't imagine what I suffered for you, for the Alliance, only to find that they dissolved before I got out. And that you started a family. Why? To seal your love with a woman, or bury the burning irons of your past mistakes?!"

Nightwatch gritted his teeth, slowly getting up, “I didn’t abandon you at the rendezvous point... you never showed.” Hank carefully activated the grappling function on his wrist mount, “We looked for you. Bolt did an entire search of the city and she never found you.” The hero’s eyes locked with his former friend, “And leave my family out of this, every one of us made our own lives. The past is the past. You know full well the Justice Alliance was a mistake to begin with, don’t pin this on me!”

Nightwatch’s arm shot forward, activating his the grappling hook, his intention was to shoot it toward the Red Masque, aiming for his shoulder. If he succeeded in piercing his flesh, he would have followed with his electrically charged hand making contact with the wire, trying to put his former friend in shock. It’s been decades since he saw Emil, but there are times where one must learn to forget the past.

#12535 Edited by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

The Masque tilted his head in disgust when Hank mentioned The Bolt. A grumble, and he clenched his only empty hand into a knuckled sphere.

"Don't you ever say her name again, Hank," he raised the Luger to take a shot, right between the eyes, when a cloud of ejector smoke and sparks caught his attention.

Before he knew it, his arm went limp. The pistol clattered to the floor, and he began to shout in pain. But nothing could prepare the minds of mortal men for the resulting noise that came out of him when the shocks came. A desperate plea for mercy, buried under blood-curdling screams.

He spasmed and shook, unable to control his body, the sounds pouring from his diaphragm akin to an orchestra of the dying. Yet, they soon became quiet.

And then they became a laugh.

Emil stood amidst the electrical impulses, seemingly unharmed.

"You always did follow your eyes too much," he surged forward in a heaving rage, a tidal wave of muscle, his intent being to redirect Hank's own weapon into his very skull using both of his hands in another vice grip.

#12536 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

Silence, finally there was silence. The attack had worked, it was over. Emil was down and Hank began to breathe again, letting out a sigh of relief. What to do now was the question.

"Ha." Hank stood frozen, paralyzed with fear. "Hahahahahaha." The Red Masque slowly came up from the ground, "You always did follow your eyes too much." And like a lion he pounced, charging towards Hank and with his awesome strength managed to grip both of his wrists. The electrical surge in his gloves hadn't been shut off. His strength was new, it seemed to have matched Hank's, was there a connection? The Red Masque was the best at infiltration through his ability to morph into anyone, where did he get this new ability? Was it the only one?

Emil pushed Hank to the wall, the plaster cracked under the impact. Nightwatch was pinned with the crackles of the electric current in his fist inching toward his head. The Hero resisted, his strength would normally match his foe's, but this time, it was too much. Too many wounds, too much damage. Hank's wrist mount cracked under the pressure of the grip, his fingers began to tingle from the lack of blood flow to his hand.

"You know me," Hank grunted, "I've never been one to use my head." Nightwatch's head would lash forward with the intent of smashing his foe with his cowl. Had it succeeded, he would then progress to kick his former ally in the abdomen, intending to separate the two. Hank needed to end this, his stamina was running low.

#12537 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

The music downstairs is intoxicating. A buzzing, incessant jazz melody. The soul of a saxophonist on display for an empty room, torn apart and dissected, spilling out for nobody to see. Emil backs away, his vision fading. Something happened. He feels a sharp pain somewhere, probably upper body. He can't see properly. He stumbles, and suddenly another pain snaps him from his stupor. The whiplash hits harder than a brick wall.

Yes, that's it.

No Caption Provided

He broke my nose.

Emil coughed and out came blood, jettisoned through his shattered sinus cavity and down his throat. He almost vomited. The wet crunch of cartilage... he could replay it in his mind. It didn't happen slowly, more all at once. Like a house coming down. Mold, memories, all of it in one distinct sound.

He gets up, one of his ribs splintered. He doesn't care right now. The Luger is right across from him, dropped earlier in the electrostatic scuffle. But he can't move. The bone is firmly cracked into his abdominal muscle. Each tiny movement is tearing it deeper. He can feel it, lodging into his thoracic cavity. Breathing is a chore.

He managed to grab the pistol, and squeezes the trigger. Three shots - he had to make three shots. But Hank could close distances like no one else. A flash of grey and red, and then nothing. Emil was still on the floor trying to stand, fight past the shard shanking him over and over again. Maybe he wouldn't get up. Maybe this was it.

Hank, you bastard.

At least put flowers on my grave this time.

#12538 Posted by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

Contact, Hank's skull bashed against the face of the Red Masque, blood gushed from his nose, splattering across Hank's face. A kick followed, sending the Master of Disguise to the ground. The Forgotten Hero leaned against the wall, clutching his abdomen, blood dripped down his mouth. His gray uniform, torn with bullet holes and large blots of his own blood, was in ruins. He observed his former friend on the ground as he spat blood, feeling remorse of what suffering he could have gone through.

Emil, with whatever strength he had inched toward his fallen pistol, Hank slowly reached into his belt and pulled out another grappling hook. His hand shook as he loaded it into his wrist mount. Shakily he lifting his arm, aiming at his foe's outstretched hand.

Click.

Click. Click.

Nothing. The mount had received too much damage from Emil's grip. Hank dropped his arm to the side, with whatever strength he had he lunged forward as his former ally aimed.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

It had come to this, the true ending of an alliance. Both men laid on the ground with blood staining the old wood on the ground. The Red Masque with his mouth open, seemed as if he was gasping for air, still held onto his pistol. Nightwatch laid on the ground with a small blinking light emanating from his belt. The distant sound of the orchestra playing the baroque era music was all that was heard, playing the final notes of the concerto in a descending crescendo.

Hank's eyes slowly opened to the sound of the repetitive beeping of the heart rate monitor. His pupils dilated at the sight of the light that shone on him. "Grandpa!" The twins shouted as they hugged their great grandfather tightly. He groaned at the pressure, "Guys! Be gentle!" Rose said as she went closer to her grandfather.

"Rose... how did I?"

"It was a pretty bad car accident grandpa," she said quickly glancing at her children, indicating that was the cover story, "Good thing you called when you could or else I wouldn't have found you."

Suddenly the door opened and the doctor appeared, walking toward the family in a calm and slow manner. His hair gray, thin glasses contrasting his thick and obviously dyed mustache. "Hello Mr. Galloway, I'm Dr. Jonas Muller."

"Muller?" shouted Hollie, "Like that soccer player?"

The doctor smiled, "The very same country too."

"Where is Dr. Stevens?" asked Rose.

"An emergency came up and he had to go, but no worries everything is fine with Hank. He is stable and he should be free to go home tomorrow, but rest is vital."

"Thank you Doctor," Hank said as he smiled at his great-grandchildren; he thought he would never see them again.

"You're welcome Mr. Galloway, you have a lovely family. Remember to rest and be careful, you were very lucky this time." The doctor smiled at Rose and the children as he slowly left the room.

"Wow. That guy was old!" laughed Jack, "Did you see how slow he walked!"

"Watch it kiddo," Hank said, "I'm old too." All of them laughed.

Later that night, the children fell asleep on the nearby chair, Rose and Hank had discussed what had happened.

"I can't believe he's alive." Rose expressed in awe.

"Neither can I."

"So what happened to him?"

"What do you mean?"

"When we found you, you were alone."

Hank stood up in his seated position, "What?"

"Yeah you were alone."

"Oh God, that means he's still alive. He's still out there."

"Don't worry grandpa, we'll find him. Just rest up, it'll give you time to recover and time for me to do some new upgrades to your suit," she said as she smiled. Hank laid back down on his bed and turned his head to the window. The night sky wasn't starry, but the moon was still there in a crescent shape. It reminded I'm of the music he heard throughout the incident, a repeated feature in the piece; a crescendo. It seems this battle would be an ascending crescendo.

#12539 Posted by Killer_Instinct (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hank_galloway:

The night nurse would come in to check on Hank, and smiled as he saw that both the patient in question and Rose were awake. He had something in his hand. Presumably wanting an autograph? Or not, considering the privacy policy. It would be impossible to link Hank to anything other than a very lucky old man.

"Mr. Galloway? This was delivered earlier this evening to the front desk."

An envelope, crisp and clean. Foreign paper. Very distinct aroma, thick ink.

The nurse would take Hank's vitals and record them, then leave. A heavy clunk, as soft as it could be given the sleeping children, and the door would be closed again. Should Hank dare to open it, he would be greeted by an elegant parchment. Handwritten, inked down to the last immaculate detail of the words involved in what could only be an old fountain pen.

"𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝑀𝓇. 𝒢𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌𝒶𝓎,

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒿𝑜𝒾𝓃 𝓊𝓈 𝒶𝓉 𝒟𝒾𝑒 𝐿𝑒𝑒𝓊 𝓈𝑒 𝒟𝑒𝓃 - 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝑜𝓃'𝓈 𝒟𝑒𝓃. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝒜𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝐿𝒶 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒶𝑔𝓃𝒶, 𝒜𝓃𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑜 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃, 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒻𝒾𝒸 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓊𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝒶 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓊𝒹 𝒹𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓃 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹. 𝒮𝑜𝒻𝒾𝒶 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝒶 𝒻𝓊𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒲𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝒲𝒶𝓇𝓈, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒽𝓊𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓃𝑔𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝓊𝒾𝓁𝒹 𝒶 𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝓇𝑜𝓌𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒾𝓃. 𝐻𝑒𝓇 𝓅𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝒶𝓇𝓂𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓅𝑒𝒹 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶 𝒹𝒶𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝓇; 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝓋𝒾𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒜𝓃𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑜. 𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒿𝑜𝒾𝓃 𝐹𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝒸𝑜, 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝓇𝑜, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒜𝓊𝓇𝑜𝓇𝒶 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒶𝓈 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝓊𝓈𝒷𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐸𝓃𝓏𝒾𝑜 𝒾𝓃 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒹𝒶𝓉𝑒.

𝒮𝑜𝒻𝒾𝒶 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝒻𝒶𝓃𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝑔𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶. 𝐼𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝑜𝓃𝑜𝓇, 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝑒𝒹𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝓇.

𝐹𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓈 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝐼𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓃 𝒸𝓊𝓁𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒. 𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝒶𝓉 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓃 𝒽𝑜𝓃𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑜𝓀𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝒽𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓁𝓎 𝑜𝒻 𝒾𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝐸𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒽. 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓉 𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃.

𝒱𝒾𝓋𝒾, 𝒶𝓂𝒾𝒸𝑜. 𝒱𝒾𝓋𝒾.

𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓁𝓎, 𝒜𝓃𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑜 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃"

#12540 Posted by BlhazeRider (51 posts) - - Show Bio

The Blaze Rider is an urban legend, a ghost story to frighten criminals. Witnesses are terrified of him and run in fear. Alleged reports have come from all over the United States of America, but the man with a burning skull was scoffed at and dismissed by the scientific community. Why, some have asked? In a world where people do the impossible all the time, why then has the Blaze Rider been relegated to the realm of myth and legend? Many have come up with a possible answer, but no one knew the truth.

The Blaze Rider was real and no mere urban legend. Blazing a fiery path wherever he rides his motorcycle, hence the name; Blaze Rider. He was as elusive as bigfoot because of the many blurry videos, photographs and records of him. If one were to ask the Blaze Rider, he would answer that he preferred it this way. It created an air of uncertainty. And when he did show up, the scared looks on most peoples faces was priceless. The Blaze Rider always got a kick out of that as he knocked heads together.

New York City was just blessed with the Blaze Rider's presence. A shipment of weapons was destroyed, a few criminals repenting of their sins and others too scared to tell what had happened. Another ghost story to add to the list as the Blaze Rider leaves the area.

#12541 Edited by Hank_Galloway (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@killer_instinct:

"Mr. Galloway?" the Night nurse entered with an envelope in hand," this was delivered earlier this evening to the front desk."

Hank cautiously grabbed the envelope, Rose eyes widened at the fragrant aroma it emitted. The moment the nurse left she whispered, "grandpa what if it's Masque? What if it's poison?"

"No," the veteran said as he felt the foreign material, "this smell..." he placed the envelope under his nose as he took a quick whiff, "it's familiar..."

𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝑀𝓇. 𝒢𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌𝒶𝓎,

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒿𝑜𝒾𝓃 𝓊𝓈 𝒶𝓉 𝒟𝒾𝑒 𝐿𝑒𝑒𝓊 𝓈𝑒 𝒟𝑒𝓃 - 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝑜𝓃'𝓈 𝒟𝑒𝓃. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝒜𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝐿𝒶 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒶𝑔𝓃𝒶, 𝒜𝓃𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑜 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃, 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒻𝒾𝒸 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓊𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝒶 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓊𝒹 𝒹𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓃 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹. 𝒮𝑜𝒻𝒾𝒶 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝒶 𝒻𝓊𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒲𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝒲𝒶𝓇𝓈, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒽𝓊𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓃𝑔𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝓊𝒾𝓁𝒹 𝒶 𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝓇𝑜𝓌𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒾𝓃. 𝐻𝑒𝓇 𝓅𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝒶𝓇𝓂𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓅𝑒𝒹 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶 𝒹𝒶𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝓇; 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝓋𝒾𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒜𝓃𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑜. 𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒿𝑜𝒾𝓃 𝐹𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝒸𝑜, 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝓇𝑜, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒜𝓊𝓇𝑜𝓇𝒶 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒶𝓈 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝓊𝓈𝒷𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐸𝓃𝓏𝒾𝑜 𝒾𝓃 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒹𝒶𝓉𝑒.

𝒮𝑜𝒻𝒾𝒶 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝒻𝒶𝓃𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝑔𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶. 𝐼𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝑜𝓃𝑜𝓇, 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝑒𝒹𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝓇.

𝐹𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓈 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝐼𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓃 𝒸𝓊𝓁𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒. 𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝒶𝓉 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓃 𝒽𝑜𝓃𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑜𝓀𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝒽𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓁𝓎 𝑜𝒻 𝒾𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝐸𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒽. 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓉 𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃.

𝒱𝒾𝓋𝒾, 𝒶𝓂𝒾𝒸𝑜. 𝒱𝒾𝓋𝒾.

𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓁𝓎, 𝒜𝓃𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑜 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃

"La Montagna?!" Rose expressed in shock, "Sofia Roman was La Montagna?!"

"She was alive for this long? Seems that metahuman DNA worked out well for her."

"She said you were family, I thought you said the Justice Alliance hated each other."

"She was an Italian immigrant, it didn't help that Mussolini was rising to power at the time. The team reluctantly accepted her, but I knew she had heart."

"Wait, how do you know this isn't Masque? It's too convenient that two of your old teammates just showed up."

"And that's what scares me. The DMA made it clear we make no contact with each other and yet here is an invite by her family. It shows that she told them of her time there."

"And is that dangerous?"

"Something tells me that something deep is going on." Looked through the envelope, indicating the location of the funeral.

"Wait, don't tell you're going to go to South Africa? You're still injured!"

"It helps to have metahumans DNA,” Hank said as he smiled to his granddaughter, “and being stubborn."

#12542 Edited by KillBilly (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

G.R.I.P. ( Genetic Reconstruction Initiative: Prime ) Laboratory, Bottom of the Pacific Ocean ( Latitude: -65.158974 | Longitude: -132.987853 )

No Caption Provided

Dr. Moira Sullivan, head of GRIP's testing facility, shook her head in disbelief as she took in the surrounding destruction.

"What the hell happened in here?"

One of the three suited figures looked up from their clipboard as if surprised to see her there.

"Oh, Dr. Sullivan. We weren't expecting you for another hour. What brings you by?" The query was delivered in a rather airy if polite tone. As if they weren't standing in a room full of broken equipment and an alarm hadn't been blaring incessantly up until a few minutes ago.

"I think you're likely to find the answer to that question in the one you're about to give me." She snapped.

The masked figure looked down at his clipboard before looking back up towards the specimen in the pod. Moira began to have suspicions of who exactly was under the hood as the figure seemed to fiddle with a knob on the tank before turning back to her.

"You must be curious about the specimen. Usually it's so lively, unfortunately we had to sedate it. It's a shame, it's quite a graceful creature in its' conscious state."

Moira let out a heavy sigh and began to rub her temples as her suspicions were confirmed.

"Harold, please remove your mask. I can barely hear a word through it."

The masked figure unclasped the back of his suit and pulled back his hood down revealing a lined face fixed in an expression of mild surprise.

"How did you know it was me?" GRIP's lead scientist asked with mild curiosity.

"Call it a hunch." Moira got our tersely. "Now, tell me exactly what happened here."

Adjusting the spectacles lying on the bridge of his nose, Harold cleared his throat before launching into an explanation.

"Well, as you know, we were to assess specimen EL-19's mobility at 18:00. As were moving EL-19 from its designated pod to the testing chamber, the sedatives began to wear off. It began to thrash as it was being transported and caused the damage you see here, luckily we were able to sedate it with a different strain." He finished professionally, looking expectantly at Moira.

"Is that all?" Moira replied sardonically. She held up her hand before he could respond. "Don't answer that, it was rhetorical."

Harold let out a barely audible huff as he closed his mouth.

"Was there any damage to the rest of the facility?" She continued tiredly.

"The damage was limited to this room as far as I'm aware." He shrugged noncommittally, seemingly uninterested in the condition of the rest of the facility as he turned back to his prize specimen.

Moira's eye twitched but she closed her eyes and took a breathe rather then venting her frustrations on the clueless scientist. She knew from experience he could be rather sensitive.

"Right. You've been a huge help." Moira ground out. Harold simply nodded in response, unaware of the sarcasm that practically dripped from her tone.

"Something wrong EL-27?" The operator asked sharply as he spotted the teen fidgeting on their bunk.

Shifting awkwardly on his cot, the young man who thought of himself as Aaron shook his head from side to side in response, stilling his hands and placing them on his stomach.

Dr. Stone had told him she was taking him away from here tonight. Coming from anybody else he would have thought it was a cruel joke, but Dr. Stone never lied. She'd told him to wait for her signal before moving from the bed. When he'd signed confusedly at her she'd simply responded with a coy smile and told him he would know it when she gave it. So here he was, lying nervously on his side as he waited for "the signal."

His ears perked as a the looping klaxon of the facilities alarm resounded throughout his quarters.

"Was this the signal? He thought to himself curiously. Deciding to play it safe, he remained still, listening intently to the voices outside his door. From what he could make out, there seemed to be some sort of heated debate going on, it ended abruptly with what sounded like a great clatter of footsteps making their way past his door. Growing anxious that he'd missed the signal, Aaron began to chew his lip nervously as the alarm continued to blare throughout the facility.

"EL-27, you're chewing your lip, do you need me to come in th- GAAAAAH!"

Aaron leapt to his feet as the intercom transmitted the man's cry of pain before being abruptly cut off. His eyes wide, he backed himself into the corner of the room as far away from the door as possible as he heard the muted sounds of violence making their way through the padded walls. A million terrified thoughts raced through his head as he thought of what the sounds could possibly mean. Had the alarm been warning about an escaped creature? If so, what waited behind that door? All of his panic and terrified thoughts were temporarily driven from his mind as he heard the voice of Dr. Stone, tinged slightly with worry, over the intercom.

"Aaron? Aaron, are you alright?"

Nodding his head vigorously he wiped away the tears that streaked his face with the palm of his hand.

"I'm sorry to have worried you Aaron, I couldn't risk them finding out the plan." She said guiltily.

Aaron nodded understanding and signed vigorously making the signs for forgiveness at the camera in the corner of the room.

Alright, sweetheart, I need you to stay right where you are? Can you do that for me?"

Aaron gave a brave nod before going absolutely still, freezing even his facial muscles in place. Eleanor Stone chuckled at his antics before pressing a button on the console.

As Aaron felt the heavy weight of the collar around his neck fall to the floor, he couldn't help the unconscious grin that made its way to his face.

An enormous boom shook the facility just as the door to his quarters slid open, a smiling Dr. Stone on the other side.

"We have to get out of here Aaron. This whole place is gonna go the way of the Atlanteans in a few mi-"

Her statement was cut off short by the ringing sound of a gunshot.

Looking down in shock at the gaping hole in her chest she sunk to the floor, clutching desperately at Aaron as he rushed to her side.

"You- You have to go... I... l-lo-" Rendered incapable of speech by the blood welling up in her throat she simply locked eyes with Aaron and caressed his face as the light left her eyes.

Aaron tipped his head back in a silent scream of pain and anguish as the only person who had ever shown him compassion died in his arms. His eyes widened in shock as he felt a piercing pain rip through his shoulder. Casting his gaze across the room, he saw a bleeding man lying on the floor, desperately trying to reload his gun. The man gasped in fear as his gaze landed on him. Slowly getting to his feet, pain was replaced with rage. He had killed her. He had killed the only thing that meant anything in this world. He would hurt. Hurt like he hurt.

The man only had time to get out the beginnings of a plea before they were transformed into gurgles as he fell through a rift in space time and into a nearby shark tank. His blood and struggling soon drew the interest of the tank's occupants which only increased his panicked floundering. Silently watching the man be torn apart, EL-17 might have stood there, covered in the blood of the only person he'd ever loved, until his legs buckled from underneath him. What awoke him from his semi-catatonic state was not the memory of his beloved doctor's last words nor hate for the man who he had consigned to death. As droplets of water began to rain down on him from the ceiling above and Aaron realized what was about to happen, it was fear, pure and unadulterated, that spurred him to action. Ripping open the fabric of the universe, he jumped through the portal into the unknown just as the roof above him buckled under the weight of the ocean.

No Caption Provided

New York City Intersection

Aaron gasped as he was slammed down onto a hard surface by hundreds of gallons of water. Instantly closing the gaping tear in reality, he got to his feet and looked around only to met with stares from hundreds of shocked faces, many of them holding up colorful squares that were emitting flashing lights in his direction. Raising his arms over his head protectively, he looked for an escape. Spotting a gap in the surrounding crowd, he bulled his way through, leaving shocked gasps and even some terrified screams in his wake.

@paragonxxx

#12543 Edited by KillBilly (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

( OOC: It's been years since I've done this, but I think I've still got it. :P )

#12544 Posted by Green_SentinelX (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly: (OOC: Paragon here. ^_^)

Jessica fiddles with the gadget she is working on, "No, not this one." She mutters as she finally fits two pieces together, "Got it! Finally." She throws both her arms up in the air excitedly. Unfortunately, what Aaron pulled off some blocks away is felt all the way to Jessica's apartment, causing it to shake where her gadget falls to the floor and breaks.

Jessica stomps her foot, "No!" It took her weeks to finish that! DUMB EARTHQUAKE! She thinks, shaking her fist at the ceiling. But then her power ring gives out a warning because this is no earthquake.

[Warning: Tear in the fabric of reality detected!]

No Caption Provided

As a scientist, this immediately grabs Jessica's attention as she turns her right hand into a fist and brings her ring close to her mouth, "Really? That's not good. Where?!" The ring gives her the location and Jessica realizes that is only several blocks away! She goes to her power battery, getting her ring charged before she changes into Green Sentinel. With that done, she phases through the wall as if it wasn't even there and flies towards the location.

Jessica flies over the location where the tear in reality took place, but Aaron was long gone. But the crowd of onlookers were still there and she lands among them, "Hey, the new and improved Green Sentinel here, what happened? My ring picked up a disturbance."

Everyone tries to talk at once, but Jessica holds up her hands in the time out signal, "Hey, HEY! Time out! I only have two ears and they aren't good enough to hear everyone. One at a time, please." She points to the nearest man, "You, what did you see?"

The man describes some kind of portal opening up, dumping tons of water and a boy. The other witnesses confirm the story and tell Jessica where he went. This keeps getting more interesting by the minute! Ohhh! Jessica can't wait to find out what else this is about! So excited!

So, with her new knowledge in hand, she makes sure everyone is okay, and they are, before she takes off in the direction Aaron took in the hopes of finding him. Jessica can use her ring to find him, to detect life, but there are millions of people living in New York, so she could pick up his life sign but she'd also pick up tons of others. Jessica shines a green beam this way and that, hoping to spot Aaron. Poor kid is probably hiding.

#12545 Edited by KillBilly (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

The first feeling Aaron experienced upon escaping from the crowd was a sense of profound relief. The second was one of mounting terror as he realized he was in the middle of a completely unknown place surrounded by strangers with a seemingly endless blue expanse above. Not so different then where he'd been before now that he thought of it... But at least there he'd had Dr. Stone. Unbidden, tears sprung to his eyes as the memory of her filled his mind. The kindness in her voice, the smell of her hair, the loving gaze she gave to him when she thought he was sleeping.

The memory was quickly banished as the sights, smells and sounds of the city threatened to overwhelm his senses. Beginning to hyperventilate, Aaron's eyes roved across the busy sidewalk as he anxiously searched for a place of relative quiet and solitude in the bustling metropolis.

Spotting a shaded and seemingly empty area between two buildings, Aaron quickly quelled a sense of unease that prickled at the back of his mind before launching himself determinedly towards the alleyway, desperate to escape the alien place he'd stranded himself in. Making several twists and turns, Aaron lost himself in the foreign landscape, before, quite literally, running into a brick wall. Breathing heavily, he leaned against it before turning, only to be met with the grinning faces of three adolescent boys who were now blocking his only exit.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" The largest of them asked lazily. "You lost or just stupid kid? This is Hand territory. Did Gideon send you? That bastard wouldn't know a good thing if it bit him in the ass..." He muttered the last part to himself. Aaron simply made a whining noise in the back of his throat as he stared confusedly and somewhat fearfully at the older and much larger boys blocking his path.

"Well, either way, we can't let you leave now that you've seen what we're doing down here. It's nothing personal kid, just business. Nodding at the two boys flanking him, he watched as they closed in on the now cowering child.

No Caption Provided

@green_sentinelx

#12546 Edited by Green_SentinelX (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly:

No Caption Provided

"Helloooo, Mr. Kiddypoo, where are you?!" Jessica has to mentally kick herself for calling the poor kid Mr. Kiddypoo. Kiddypoo?! REALLY?! Ugh. Shoot me now please.

Jessica shines her green beam this way and that, looking for the poor kid who escaped from who knows where. But then she stops in mid air as she could swear she can hear someone talking. She waits, then hears the guy again. Too faint to make out, but loud enough to hear what direction it's coming from. So, Jessica flies in that direction, turning off her green beam.

Then Jessica sees a brewing situation. Some bullies harassing a poor kid. And from the looks of him, he fits the description of that guy who emerged from a portal on that intersection. Looks like some gang members are planning to turn him into hamburger. Oh! If there's anything Jessica hates more, it's bullies who think they own the streets!

Jessica creates a construct of a glowing green wall in front of Aaron to protect him from the bullies. Hopefully in time for one, or more, of their fists to slam into it. Then she speaks behind them with a pleasant voice that is mocking them more than anything else. She smirks, raises her right hand as her ring glows, "Wanna know what's more dangerous than a Cop?"

Jessica knows this isn't a fair fight. She can take these punks on blind folded. As the construct of the wall disappears, she narrows her eyes at the gang punks. Now she answers her own question, "A Cop with a power ring that can do anything I can imagine." Without another word, and in case the punks decide to run on her, she tries to wrap them each in green constructs of chains, attempting to tie them up. If she succeeds, she maintains concentration as she looks at Aaron. Him...he is different. To him, she speaks more pleasantly than she did to those punks. "Hello there. You look scared and that is perfectly fine. But I'm one of the good guys. Everyone calls me Green Sentinel and I'm a friend. I'm not here to hurt you, okay? Are you alright?"

#12547 Posted by BlhazeRider (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@cursedmalekith

The Blaze Rider slowly reaches out and takes the trickster's hand and BAM! Just like that, they both are now in NYC. Only thing now is: Where is Thunderstorm? She is not known for having a base of operations here, but her alter ego of Lara Jones is. Of course, not many know her by her secret identity, not many know where she lives. A nice mansion in a rich suburban neighborhood.

It's up top Malekith now if he knows where that artifact is. So, the Blaze Rider looks to the trickster, but every time he sees him, he also sees the sins that have stained his soul.

#12548 Posted by CursedMalekith (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@blhazerider:

Hm... that was supposed to take him to the Hallows... my magic must be weaker than I thought. Oh well! Closer to the Casket of Ancient Winters then.

Malekith tapped his fingers together motioning the Hellion towards an empty building. The trappings of magic called out to him, and so he plundered deeper into the seemingly abandoned structure. Deeper. Through basement and doorway, until the very bottom level - surrounded by iron and ice - lay the Casket in question.

"Now, the obvious solution is to melt everything - but then is the matter of the iron. I cannot touch it, as you know. So... would you mind opening that for me as well?" he smiled innocently at the rider, even fanning his eyelashes as he did so.

#12549 Posted by Somebody_ (393 posts) - - Show Bio
#12550 Edited by Sarah_and_Lara (240 posts) - - Show Bio

@cursedmalekith: @somebody_:

(OOC: Well, I am about to involve a second character of mine (Blaze Rider's alt here). HOWEVER, since I haven't introduced her into this RP yet, your character can come in instead and I can opt out as Thunderstorm (meaning, Thunderstorm will not make an appearance out of the sense of fairness to Malekith). So! if Malekith is okay with you joining, so am I. If so, I'll consider it your post next and I'll stick to only Blaze Rider. If Malekith is not okay with this, I'll ahead with Thunderstorm).