BladeBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3251  Edited By BladeBrave

@demon_diane: @solarius: @iridum:

"Thanks, Diane," Nathan responded to the status update. "Rana is... out for now. I think she made herself pass out somehow, to keep things under as much control as she could. I don't know how long she'll be out. She was pretty far gone, at the end there. I'm worried about her. I'll try to talk to her when she wakes up, but I'm not sure how much she's going to want to talk."

He sighed, shook his head slightly, and tossed a pad of paper and a pen down on the counter in front of Diane. "Here, you can take notes. What's going on is I want to get people together and talk a little bit about how things are, how they're going to be. Give some of the hero-types a chance to meet up with each other before the battlefield, get to know each other and maybe rely on each other a little bit. I told Warden we'd put it together in a few days. Hopefully by then I don't still want to strangle him. I swear misguided idiots do more damage than villains half the time." He stopped, made himself breathe before he went off on a tirade. "Sorry. Anyway. Guest list. Our group. Obligatory Warden @nightwarden17. I want to invite a couple of those others that were up there on the satellite with us. Warpspeed@warpspeed: and the Purple Provocateur@_reynard_. They might have been opposing us, but I don't think they're evil. I think if we'd known half what we ended up knowing at the end, we might have been fighting with them and not against them. Same with that young man we met at the end, Orange Water @orange_water:."

He paused for a little while, thoughtful. "Local area heroes as well. We might be setting up in LA, but we're the new kids in town, and we need to respect those who were here before us and not make it look like we're taking over their turf. That means that Moon Bird girl@lunahawkand anyone else you can think of who ought to be invited."

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3253  Edited By 8th_Wonder

@catalina_liafador@shanana@special_agent_crews (Repost. I had accidentally posted in the CVU thread, LOL)

No Caption Provided

Hovering above the ground, his white cape flowing from his shoulders to his ankles, the 8th Wonder glided through the nCube, through an array of cubes within cubes, where rooms were in the millions - and windows opened to anywhere and everywhere. Arms folded before his chest, and his eyes as scrutinous as can be, Ra studied the spatial and temporal dimensions laid out before him until he felt his brow furrow at a familiar sight. "Marciela... Cat's daughter", he murmured to himself, his calm voice drifting through dimensions beyond the perceptions of man. "nDroid", Ra called out, his words floating to the ears of a powerful synthetic titan modeled after his grandfather, Thee Champion. "Keep watch of the nCube. I'll be back shortly".

With a nod and earnest resolve, the nDroid assumed it's post as Guardian of the nCube while Ra soared out a window and descended to the lower three dimensions of man. From thin air, Ra emerged, his cape fluttering behind him as the wind blew wildly. Climbing down from the clouds till the soles of his boots made contact with concrete pavement, the 8th Wonder arrived as the first and only Omega Deus in existence. Glancing about him as he ignored the curious and astonished stares of stunned pedestrians, Ra's gaze fell upon a building - and his eyes peered through it's walls and rooms to catch sight of a teenage girl in the custody of two policewomen. A sight that saw his mouth pull back into an amused smile. 'Like mother, like daughter', he thought, stepping an inch above the ground before hovering his way to the building's doors.

Parting them open with a gentle push, the 8th Wonder glided into the police station and wasted little time in asserting a measure of social dominance by hovering above the ground everyone else - officers and the common man alike - had to stand on. "I'm here for Marciela", Ra calmly announced to anyone who'd hear him, they all did. "The girl with the powers", he paused, reaching for several pencils from a nearby table, "May I?", he asked, only plucking the pencils from the table after an officer'd nodded. Breaking off the pencils' graphite tips and crushing them in his palm till the pressure'd turned them into pure diamond, the 8th Wonder handed them to the nearest officer, "This should be enough for bail".

Shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@8th_wonder:

Oh...shi..
Oh...shi..

"Maricela Delgado, this is the fourth time this month we've caught you stealing from MAC. What're you building a cosmetic Narnia or something?" Agent Crews asked, closing the cell behind her.

"If I told you yes, would you let me go?" The snarky teen replied flashing a full set of teeth. "NO!" The Indian Officer screamed before locking the teen in a lone cell. Crews was right, this was indeed the fourth time she was caught stealing from MAC, surprisingly each time she was caught by detectives, not your average street cop--which said something about the LAPD.

Releasing a sigh of boredom, the young teen sat on the bench waiting for Agent Crews to notify her dad, well her adoptive dad. He'd come down here scream at her a bit, ground her; and then they'd go about it like nothing happened. The disappointment on her dad's face was nothing compared to the verbal abuse she often took from Officer Castillo.

"Crap...here we go..." she sighed, hearing Castillo's combat boots crash against the marble floors. Hunching in order to create a low silhouette, she hoped the onery officer would overlook her presence--wrong.

"ARE YOU F-- KIDDING ME DELGADO!" She screamed, which caused the teen to nearly jump out her skin. "WHY DON'T YOU PULL UP A F---DESK AND JOIN THE FORCE." Mari's hands gradually slid downwards before resting in her pockets.

"Officer Castillo, you look well today." She said with a sigh hoping to defer Castillo's wrath. "WELL ENOUGH TO COME IN THERE AND STICK MY BOOTS UP YOUR YOUNG A--"

"Ah, whatever. Just call my dad so I can get out of here." Mari lamented finally fed up with listening to Castillo. "NO EFF THAT, Every time WE CALL THAT PUSS OF A FATHER, NOTHING HAPPENS...WE'RE CALLING YOUR MOTHER THIS TIME!"

Maricela's eyes locked on Castillo, before making a mad dash toward the bars. "W-Wait, no, please. I promise I won't do it again!" She screamed trying to stick her hands through the bars to gasp Castillo.

"I know you won't because next time I'll shoot you. Making me run and s---" Castillo mumbled on her way to the next room.

"Oh...sh--" Mari whispered. Her adoptive mom wasn't a bad woman, but the recent separation from her dad was a tension point. Jesus (Her dad) work from home, so he was pretty much always available; he oversaw many of Maricela's day to day moves, but he was often detached--lost in his work.

Mari's mom? Kristen, She was a journalist, often times she found herself in various areas of the U.S; she was a no-nonsense woman. She loved Mari lots, but she wasn't ignorant either. She knew Mari struggled in the private school system, but she'd never let her attend a public school. In fact, Kristen specifically told her if she got in trouble again--she'd be going to boarding school.

"Hey, those girls at your school still messing with you?" Crews asked trying to make small talk. Mari's eyebrows rose before her face scrunched at the notion.

"What the hell do you even care. You're just as bad as 'timebomb' over there" The problematic teen replied pointing towards Castillo.

"Oooh new nickname nice!" Crews said smiling in Castillo's direction. The Mexican Officer didn't appreciate the new moniker.

"Look, kid, I know High School is tough. I know girls can be a-holes, but I'm glad this time you didn't use your powers. Because we'd seriously have to put charges on you. If they're so mean to you, just let us know who they are so they can start sharing some of this trouble YOU keep getting into." Crews explained hanging on the outside of the cell wall.

Something changed, changed Crews anyways. The last time she was here the Indian born officer did nothing but make way too many high school pregnancy jokes, but this time she actually seems like she wanted to help. Mari's silence prompt Crews to leave.

No Caption Provided

What seemed like hours later, someone posted her bail. Crews smiled bright with what looked like a diamond in her hands whilst opening the cell. "Welp, you can go someone posted your bail"

The young teen's eyebrow rose again. "How'd someone post a bail, when you guys never set one."

"HOW ABOUT YOU ASK YOUR STUPID LITTLE HIGH SCHOOL C---'S QUESTIONS NEXT TIME, MAYBE YOU WON'T COME BACK HERE!"

Castillo screamed from down the hallway scaring literally the entire precinct. "You know if you get pregnant by her, I won't even be surprised" Maricela teased which prompted a smack in the back of the head from Crews.

"Wait...who the hell is he..." She asked pointing in the hulking black man's direction. Crews hunched her shoulders and proceeded to walk toward the back.

"Wait, Wait. I don't know this man!" Mari screamed again.

"Well get to know him!" Crews screamed, her voice fleeting as she moved deeper into the precinct.

No Caption Provided

"Who the F--- Are you, and what do you want with me," She asked, totally prepared to smack an officer to get thrown back in a cell. Mari was well aware that she was adopted as a child, but she didn't know of her true family lineage, she was the daughter of Catalina Liafador. The evidence of the Liafador Genetic replication process was apparent, but unlike her mother Catalina, Maricela received features from her father.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3255 Feral Nova  Moderator

Crews and Castillo released a minor to a random man she doesn't know?! LMAO

And I love Mari T_T

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

No Caption Provided

Marciela - like her mother - was harsh in tone, an abrasive young woman whose wild ways clashed with the law. Chin high and his left eyebrow raised, Ra met Marciela's gaze with eyes of deep blue, his grandfather's eyes. "You don't know me", Ra answered, calm but oozing confidence and regality, "But you're about to". With a flick of his hand, the 8th Wonder beckoned the nCube to them. Suddenly, the air grew still, every spec of dust hanging frozen while the nCube swallowed the police station whole, changing nothing but pulling both Marciela and Ra into higher dimensions until topsy-turvy streams of space and time spun out around them. "Calm down", the 8th Wonder advised, still hovering above the ground, his eyes glancing over every officer and detective who stood frozen in time.

"And look there", he paused, gesturing towards a tear in empty space, the timeline of Marciela's early years laid out in front of her for her to see. For her to see her mother, her family, but nothing beyond the present. "In the future, my future, you're acquainted with your biological family", Ra began, turning back to face his cousin. "And you would've never been had I not come to the past to steer the arrow of time back into it's proper path", pausing once more, Ra folded both arms before his chest, his cape now draping over his shoulders. "I'm not here to take you anywhere against your will. That'd be an exercise in futility. I'm here to tell you that you have a family, people who don't quite know you're alive but would be thrilled to meet you and help you learn more about your powers".

Unfolding his arms, Ra continued, introducing himself with a subtle inclination of the head, "My name is Ra. And you and I are cousins, believe it or not", he shrugged, a tame smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "And you are a lost daughter of the Liafador-Pettis family. Clearly this is a lot to take in in so little time, but if you want to learn more, we can talk elsewhere", the 8th Wonder promised, the nCube retreating to it's corner in space-time geometry and restoring the flow of time in the police station.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ????????? ??? ??????? █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

No Caption Provided

The bark of gunshots woke every dog in the neighborhood and the cacophony of sound that followed drowned out the dull thump of bone against flesh and the grunts of pain that preceded shouts of alarm and fear as Hawkshade fought through the stash house, each staircase a siege, each room a castle, leaving the unconscious bodies of fourteen men upon the grimy carpet.

The fifteenth man cupped his broken teeth in his hands as he slithered across the stained floor of the upstairs office. Hawkshade ripped a cell phone from his pocket. It was locked. His six-four body loomed over the skinny, tattooed gangster as he rolled over onto his back.

"I can't tell you man I can't they'll kill me."

Hawkshade stomped on his testicles. He screamed. The vigilante didn't even wait for an answer-- he just did it again. The criminal doubled over and cupped his hands over his groin.

"Oh god. Dude I think you broke something."

Richard slammed a steel toed boot into his nose. Blood squirted everywhere. His head cracked against the floor.

"Jesus! Jesus! Stop dude, stop please!" Tears rolled down his face.

"NUMBERS!" Hawkshade roared.

"5591! 5591!"

Thick gloved fingers punched it in. The phone unlocked. Hawkshade smashed open the rotting door to the roof patio with his his broad shoulder and stormed outside. Fists were clenched into bricks and the corded muscles of his forearms stood out in stark relief, glistening with sweat. Blood ran from a split lip and two cuts on his legs and bruises had already begin to form.

His eyes were wild and a scowl stretched across his face. A siren wailed in the distance. He leaped to the next roof. Then the next and the next and he was gone into the night.

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kalil-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3262  Edited By Hawkshade
ℭ??? ?? ??????

Traffic wound through the roads, lit only by the yellow glare of headlights and the abrasive fire of street lamps, an endless parade of machines of glass and steel and plastic that man had willingly entombed themselves within, eyes dull and faces lit only by the flicker of digital screens that said 'drive straight ahead for two hundred yards' and 'turn here' and they liked it that way.

Or they thought they did.

Hawkshade watched them from atop the roof of a soulless tower of glass and steel, one of hundreds of square mirrors that jutted up like the skeletal bones of a giant machine that lay amid the dirt, decaying as ant-men devoured it's caucus.

But it wasn't that way, was it? Modern society had produced a mass-man, a type of robot who lived and died chasing the same dopamine hits and building the gargantuan skeleton of some monster of steel and plastic and glass with asphalt roads as blood vessels and police sirens screaming down them-- white bloodcells of the embryonic Great Machine they were building down there and everywhere across the world, mindless ants building a monster they couldn't understand.

Were they really alive at all?

Wait a minute.

He didn't think that. Of course they were alive. They were alive and every life was sacred and he was here to save their cities. His radio beeped; shots fired on the intersection of 49th and Jackson St.

What had he been thinking about? It slipped away from his fingers like a dream upon waking and he opened the doors of his memory palace to mark the strange even-

-officer down, his radio said. There was no time to wait and he was running across the roof and zip-lining down toward the next rooftop, the moment forgotten as if it never was.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooh, getting philosophical now? Practically salivating; I wanna play with that a bit.

Just about lunch time.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3264  Edited By Hawkshade

The black Jaguar XJ's lights faded off as Richard closed the door behind him and walked into the cramped auto mechanics office.

"Can I help you?" A elderly woman asked him from behind a desk cluttered with magazines and unopened letters.

"Yeah. I'm here to see Michael."

"Who?"

"Don't play dumb." He pulled a roll of twenties out of his pocket and showed it to her. "And don't waste my time. Go get him."

Her lips narrowed but she did. A slender man with greasy, thinning black hair and a pencil mustache came out of the back room, wiping grease off his hands with a dirty rag.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I'm looking for an engine."

"Well if you need an engine replaced I'll need to know the make and model and look under the ho-"

"No. I want a Kawasaki Ninja H2 engine but just the engine. And no serial number."

"Listen pal I think you're in the wrong place."

Richard set the roll of twenties on the desk. "Do you." The man rubbed his neck with a grease-smeared hand and flung the rag over his shoulder while he counted the money.

"You know, my uncle was telling me about a guy he knew who wrecked his Ninja but the engine was still in good shape."

"Uh huh."You already have it. The bike was stolen six weeks ago and cut into parts twenty feet from where we stand now.

"Do you have a number I can reach you at?"

"No."

"Email?"

"No. I'll be back in a few days. And if you don't have what I want, I'm taking my money back." Richard turned around and walked out the door. And when it's done Hawkshade will put your little chopshop out of business.

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Do you have a number I can reach you at?"

"No."

"Email?"

"No. -

That cracked me up so bad for some reason.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_:

Justice is no laughing matter (Glad you enjoyed lol)
Justice is no laughing matter (Glad you enjoyed lol)

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That reminds me. I want Gambler to design me a motorcycle. And an armored car. And...things. Lots of mechanical things.

@hawkshade: That your regular mechanic?

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

Hard to find one I trust these days. It's a DIY thing.
Hard to find one I trust these days. It's a DIY thing.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for killer_instinct
Killer_Instinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"When is he gonna get here?"

"Can you not be patient?"

"Look, when you say 'I have a guy' I sort of expect him to - "

No Caption Provided

The metal sheet providing the small group of criminals with a sense of protection against the outside world rolled up into the ceiling as a masked man stood there, glaring each of them down. He gave them a small wave of his hand, shouldering the imposing flamethrower they were all looking at.

"You the 'Wasp?"

"Firewasp, please,"

"Whatever. Look, we got someone avoiding paying insurance and we need you to teach 'im a lesson,"

"Where?"

"The bowling alley downtown, if he doesn't pay then do what you want,"

Firewasp nodded, and took off using the artificial wings attached to his back. The gangsters just looked at each other.

"Didn't even ask for a price?"

"He's already got everything he wants. Shouldn'ta given 'im free reign of the job, though."

"Why not?"

No Caption Provided

Firewasp walked into Harvey's Low-Bowl Parlor with a very specific agenda in mind, but first he had to abide by the rules of his spoken contract. He found Harvey himself, cleaned up shop after a slow day tending to the various counters between the pretzels and the shoes.

The glowing eyes of his costume followed Harvey, and he physically stopped once he saw the guy in a fire-retardant suit complete with wings just... staring at him.

"C-Can I help you?"

"Insurance money, now, please," Firewasp replied in a jittering spasm of words.

"Uh... you with Larson?"

"Doesn't matter. Money, now,"

"Look, tell Larson I'm not paying - I'm tired of shaving a cut off for him since business is so sl - what're you do - HEY STOP!"

Firewasp turned almost robotically towards the bowling lanes, leveling the flamethrower towards the waxed and varnished wood floor. He pulled the trigger, and it all went up like it was doused in kerosene.

"I SAID STOP YOU MANIAC!"

Harvey tried going for the fire extinguisher, but he was blocked off by a sudden burst of napalm coming from the sinister arsonist.

"Money?" Firewasp inquired over the din of the crackling flames, something he turned back to and admired once Harvey didn't answer. He ended up pulling the alarm and getting out through the rear door, leaving Firewasp to stand there in the heart of the inferno... wistfully indulging himself on the angels within the smoke and billowing heat.

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killer_Instinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell:

I'm enjoying just writing these psychologically damaged individuals. Doesn't matter if they get picked up or not, they'll be around.

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killer_instinct:

No Caption Provided

From four hundred meters away Athena observed the blazing inferno through the scope of her rifle from her perch said perch being a billboard that happened to overlook the bowling alley, she pulled her eye away from the scope to better take in the raw imagery and opened her mouth in awe.

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gascoigne Bank: 2:43 AM

The dust settled after the chaos, just like every other time POW put his equipment to use. A ten foot hole punched right through the concrete, night guards littering the ground with pulverized innards and bones, coughing and wheezing in immeasurable pain. The crook almost forgot how much he enjoyed solo bank jobs.

His gauntlets vibrated intensely, spewing out waves of blue kinetic energy. The muscle was down, now it was time for the steel. POW stomped towards the vault, cracking his neck while observing the pathetic model they used to protect their cash, it was almost too easy.

"Puzzler, let me know when I have ten seconds left before the cops get here..." He muttered into his built-in comm, placing his hands against the vault. Doing what he does best, the gauntlets begun at a low vibration frequency, feeling out that sweet shattering spot.

Sure enough, POW could hear the gears inside shatter like glass. With a simple twist of the dial, the kinetic crusher swing the vault open and saw the spoils. It wasn't a time for a cheeky zinger, POW quickly dashed in with his bags in check, stuffing them full of the governments righteous bills.

(Come at me, open interaction.)

Killer_Instinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killer_Instinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_: @pronoia:

Any potential watcher of the Firewasp needed, perhaps, to observe him at larger intervals than his mere arsonist spree in the bowling alley. As the fire trucks pulled in, he jettisoned away with his winged suit while tongues of flame licked his heels. He so dearly dreaded the parting of that embrace, but he had failed in regards to the mission of collecting insurance money.

As he flew over downtown, a few hours later, the telltale sounds of concrete being blasted apart alerted him to a bank being robbed. Perfect.

Zooming down into the gaping puncture wound in the brick and stone, Firewasp kept his flamethrower leveled with the back of the perpetrator's head while he stood in the middle of the vault.

"Your costume looks like it'll flare up really good. Hand over half of the cash and I'll think about not roasting you alive."

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_: @pronoia:

Any potential watcher of the Firewasp needed, perhaps, to observe him at larger intervals than his mere arsonist spree in the bowling alley. As the fire trucks pulled in, he jettisoned away with his winged suit while tongues of flame licked his heels. He so dearly dreaded the parting of that embrace, but he had failed in regards to the mission of collecting insurance money.

As he flew over downtown, a few hours later, the telltale sounds of concrete being blasted apart alerted him to a bank being robbed. Perfect.

Zooming down into the gaping puncture wound in the brick and stone, Firewasp kept his flamethrower leveled with the back of the perpetrator's head while he stood in the middle of the vault.

"Your costume looks like it'll flare up really good. Hand over half of the cash and I'll think about not roasting you alive."

"..." POW didn't even react to the arrival of the fiery villain, instead he still focused on stuffing the cash in the bag. After zipping up what was a relatively small sum of the overall cash in the vault, POW walked over to a numbered cashbox, quickly using his gauntlet to blast it open.

The cash was merely a nice side bonus, it was an archduke's diamond he just pulled out of the box that was his actual score. To the right buyer, it was worth more than the money and the vault that housed it. After slipping the diamond into a special pouch on his suit's chest, he slung his bag over his shoulder, walking past the fellow criminal.

"There's more than half there, see if I care..." POW stated coolly, walking through the hole he had created earlier.

Killer_Instinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_:

Firewasp shrugged, taking enough for the gangsters that hired him to collect on the insurance money owed by the bowling alley. Without even thinking twice, he torched the rest with a thick gout of napalm. Standing there in the midst of the fiery inferno gave him quite a bit more of a comforting feeling than merely stealing. The angels sang him songs in the blaze, but he had to go once the firemen came in their trucks.

Flying back to the hideout where he started, he dropped off the cash and decided to hang around for a little bit longer just to see if anything else interesting happened. If not, it was off to Mexico City to collect on a potential contract.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade stood in the middle of a old Strigidae safehouse, buried three floors under an apartment complex with walls of rebar, cinderblock and concrete. The floor was several layers of gravel covered by concrete and the roof was concrete and steel and supported by an unnecessary number of steel I beams.

Constructed to resist bombardment.

The walls were covered in racks of firearms, stacks of green ammunition boxes and row after row of neatly sorted magazines. There was a green steel barrel filled with grenades and boxes of preserved food and MREs that reached the ceiling.

A storehouse. A new one. Everything is clean. No dust on the floor.

It all made sense.

Except for one thing; Hawkshade had no memory of how he arrived here.

Curious.

Little hairs stood up on the back of his neck.

He opened up his memory palace to look for memories that would explain this bizarre occurrence when an alert beeped in his ear; his cowl's communications suite notifying him of a crew of heavily armed bank robbers shooting their way through an outgunned police responce while SWAT was stuck in traffic. Two hostages already dead. One officer down.

The vigilante whirled and scaled the stairs in leaping strides. People were dying. This mystery would have to wait.

But it faded from his mind like a dream upon waking.

Curious.

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr

No Caption Provided

It is not often Marie travels to Los Angeles. But she's a lawyer. Some would call her blood sucking vampire. Figuratively speaking, of course. But Marie is not like most lawyers. She is as fair and just as she can possibly be. Outdated morals, perhaps. But at least she can live with herself at night.

Tonight, Marie takes a break from her job. One of her former clients that used to live in Metro City now moved here to L.A., which is why Marie is even here. But on a night like this, Marie has to clear her mind. So, she dons her costume as the Crimson Spider and goes out on patrol. With her enhanced senses, she is able to know where the buildings so she won't accidentally smack into them since she's blind. Honestly, she's functioned so long like this that she would not want her sight back even if a way was presented to her.

The Crimson Spider has just stopped two bank robberies, a heist and stopped someone from bombing a hospital. Busy night. But Marie is used to it. She is used to long nights fighting crime, getting very little sleep and then doing a full job during the day. Rinse and repeat. Somehow, she keeps going. Eventually, she had to learn ancient relaxation techniques so that she could function on just a few hours of sleep a night and feel fully rested. That has done wonders for her work ethic as both a lawyer and a Super-Hero.

As the Crimson Spider swings through L.A. with all the agility of a spider, she pays attention to her spider sense that often warns her of danger. Her hearing as well since that is enhanced to phenomenal levels. So far, nothing else yet. But that can change on a whim. Especially for a city this size.

Dusk_Zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade84:

You know for a city called The City of Angels, LA sure has its fair share of demons. Filled with multitudes of crooks, thugs, corrupted politicians and more. However, one of the worst kinds of demons would be all the people who talk loudly in the goddamn library! As well as the people who talk at the theater, there's a special level of hell reserved for those people. And I had encountered both of those types of people in one week! But, that's a rant for another day. Daemon shook his head and cleared those thoughts away. I really need to stop doing that. Losing my train of thought all the time with these darn ramblings.

Anyways, tonight he found himself crouched over the city on the roof of one of its many tall skyscrapers, his dark suit blending in with the pitch blackness of the night. He was thinking to himself, contemplating the situation at hand. For some reason, tonight the usual criminal activity in LA seemed different somehow. He knew it wasn't the usual amount. It seemed stifled. There was that foiled hospital bombing and also a foiled bank robbery. Both were dealt with before he had even arrived at the scene.

Daemon knew there were some vigilantes operating in LA besides him but most of them handled small-time cases like muggings, not hospital bombings. This seemed like the work of someone with experience and skills. Maybe even someone with powers like him. But then again, it could be nothing, he reasoned, it could just be the police being effective for once. Ha, that would be a surprise!

But he had long learned to trust his instincts and they told him something was up. It seemed that the alien could sense it too. There was someone new in town.

Just as he thought it, something in the distance swung past and caught his eye. The Dusk Zephyr swiftly somersaulted off the side of the skyscraper and gave chase. He leaped from building to building and gained speed as he neared the figure. As he got closer, he could see it was a woman and she was swinging by using webs, wearing a red and blue costume, similar to all those spider people he'd heard about from the news. That was interesting. This could be the newcomer!

He called out to alert her of his presence, hoping not to cause alarm. "Hey! Could you slow down for a few seconds? I need to talk to you!"

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr:

No Caption Provided

Ohhhh, feel that nice cool air! L.A. isn't that much different from Metro City. Hold on...

The Crimson Spider continues swinging but she hears footfalls on a rooftop, the sounds of leaping and landing. Radar and sonar senses detect a surface image without details following her. The faint trace of aftershave, sweat and the equipment that can only belong to a vigilante. She cannot see what he is wearing, but she can smell it.

Then Marie hears a man's voice, telling her that he needs to talk to her. Hmmm. Should I? She thinks to herself. Sure, why not. It's not like I have anything better to do.

So, the Crimson Spider dives down and then shoots a line of webbing at the edge of the rooftop Dusk is on before it stretches and stretches some more before Marie tugs on it and shoots up like a bullet towards the roof. Jumping over Dusk with the grace of a dancer, she lands softly behind him.

Marie wonders what this guy wants. She looks in his general direction. His radar and sonar image doesn't tell her much about what he looks like since he lacks surface details. Just an image and just enough to tell her he's there. When she speaks, her voice is disguised, "I'd say what's up, but it's obviously the sky, so why do you want to talk to me?"

Laaaame joke, epic fail! Why did I have to pick that one? Ugh. Marie thinks to herself in emotional shame. Outwardly, she shows no sign of emotion as she waits for an answer.

Dusk_Zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3284  Edited By Dusk_Zephyr

@renegade84:

At first, he wasn't sure if she had heard him, but then she suddenly stopped and changed directions, moving quickly towards him. Yep, it looks like she heard me. Daemon watched as the mysterious spider-woman nimbly leaped over his head and landed behind him. Well, she's definitely skilled at this.

From his observations, he suspected that her powers were somewhat similar to his own, except for the fact that she could shoot webs. That is a pretty cool power! He'd seen some footage of other spider people on his many forages through the internet but now he could see that the whole web-slinging thing looked way better in person.

Daemon spun around to face her. The woman didn't have any reaction to his somewhat menacing appearance. I suppose that's to be expected, I bet she's seen much worse things before.

He smiled at her bad joke. "Ha, that joke seems like something I would make. Anyways, uh, who are you? Because I don't think I've seen you around. Were you the one who stopped that hospital bombing... and that bank robbery?"

She seemed friendly. But he didn't let down his guard yet and remained cautious. After all, as the saying goes, it's better to be safe than sorry. Daemon knew from past experience that first impressions could be deceiving. But as of right now, the alien didn't seem to detect any danger or hostility from her, which was a relieving sign at the very least.

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3285  Edited By Renegade84

@dusk_zephyr:

No Caption Provided

Crossing her arms, Marie listens to him ask his questions but also keeping on ear on the other sounds of the city. So far, her danger sense has not alerted her to anything amiss about him or any crimes in progress. Based on what he says, Marie determines this man has a sense of humor but also a curious nature. Probably not a lawyer, though.

Marie tilts her head a bit to the side, as if to think on the best way to answer him. She doesn't wish to give any hint on who she really is, "I'm the Crimson Spider and you wouldn't see me around since I'm from Metro City. I'm here on business. And yeah, that was me. It's been a busy night so far."

Metro City is all the way on the west coast, hundreds of miles south of New York. Marie is grateful it's been a busy night. She needs the break from work and hates being bored. Besides, the sounds of an unfamiliar city will only serve to keep her up all night. She decides it's time to ask one or two questions of her own, "So, do you mind telling me who you are? Fair is fair, as they say, right?"

No time for humor right now, but if she sees an opening she's going to take it. It's something they seem to have in common. Of course, Marie cracks jokes because that's the way she is when she fights bad guys. Gets them angry, make mistakes. Then she capitalizes on those mistakes. It works...most of the time.

Dusk_Zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade84:

Daemon watched her closely. Crossed arms, standing tall, low center of gravity. Judging from her body language, she seemed like she was still apprehensive or unsure about him. I can't really blame her, I probably don't look like a very friendly person. Oh well. "Crimson Spider? That's an interesting name. Can't say that I've heard of you before though. I don't really keep up with Metro City news. But it's nice to meet you." Daemon stepped forward and held out his hand for her to shake. So she is one of those spider people. His past suspicions were confirmed.Metro City is quite far, it's interesting that she had to travel all this way for a job. It had to be some kind of respected career."Anyways, thanks for doing all that, it’s a big help. With all the crime in this city, it definitely needs someone like you. God knows, there's more than enough crime to go around. "

He pauses to consider her questions. I suppose I can tell her, she seems to be trustworthy, and she seems to have trusted me. It can't hurt to tell her my code name at least. He tried to make his tone sound friendlier when he replied in order to make her more at ease: "I'm Dusk Zephyr by the way. But you can call me Dusk for short. Um, I don't really know how the whole superhero names thing works so I just went with a name that I think fits me. You probably haven’t heard of me though, I’m kinda new to this whole superhero thing. But you seem to be experienced at this. Maybe you could give me a few pointers?"Ugh, I don't know why I asked. She's never going to want to teach a dumb kid like me.

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr:

No Caption Provided

The Crimson Spider looks at his hand with her radar and sonar senses. He seems to be friendly enough, so no need to be rude. She decides to take his hand in hers and shake his hand firmly, pumping his hand up and down before releasing it. Even though he can't see it, she smiles under her mask, "It's nice to meet you too." Marie says in a pleasant voice, assuming a more relaxed posture.

"And your welcome, just doing my job as your friendly neighborhood Crimson Spider." She says, then thinks a bit on his asking for some pointers. Marie's head lowers a bit, thinking of the losses she has suffered, but the triumphs too. She turns her back, walking to the edge of the roof and going into an almost sitting position.

After what seems like a while, she talks, "I'll be straight with you, Dusk. I wish had someone to mentor me when I put on this mask, but I didn't. I lost my father and my brother in a car accident. I later learned someone murdered them and made it look like an accident. By the time I learned who the killer was, I had already gotten my powers. I used them to track him down and I beat him within an inch of his life. I almost killed him."

Marie stops for a moment, it's hard to tell if she's mad, angry or about to cry. But she continues, voice a bit lower now and filled with pain, "I couldn't kill him. I would only end up being just like him. I would abuse the power given to me and I couldn't let myself be turned into something I hated, so I turned him into the police. He's serving a life sentence in prison. When I decided to become the Crimson Spider, it wasn't for the thrills. It was to use my power responsibly and bring scum bags to justice."

If Dusk happens to sit beside her, then Marie looks his way, "Being a Super-Hero isn't a game, Dusk. Count the cost and see if it's something you truly want to do. I've seen too many good people put on a mask, expecting things to be easy only to retire when things get too tough or worse, they get killed. With great power, comes great responsibility." Marie looks out over the city, letting it's many smells assault her, as well as the many sounds that not even Dusk can hear or most animals. It seems Marie has been through a lot as a Super-Hero.

Taking a deep breath, Marie speaks again, "Sorry for being such a downer, but you asked if I could give you any tips. Well, consider what I just said as my tips for you." The question now is, will Dusk accept these tips? Will he appreciate her honesty and take it all to heart? Or will he reject them as coming from cynical Super-Hero who needs to lighten up?

Dusk_Zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3288  Edited By Dusk_Zephyr

@renegade84:

As she grasped his hand, he could feel the muscles in her hand and shoulder as she shook it. Wow, she has quite the grip, probably thanks to her powers. That must come in handy for stopping all those crimes. Metro City does seem to have a lot of supervillains so she needs it. Perhaps I should ask about the supervillains. He noticed that she seemed more comfortable with him now, that was an encouraging sign.

Her cheery demeanor seemed to change while she thought about his questions and he wondered what she was thinking about. Daemon observed her as she walked away. It looked like she wanted him to follow. So he did. He followed her to the edge of the rooftop and sat down next to her.

It seems like she had a tough life. That's something they had in common. Her story was somewhat similar to his. Sounds like a tragic life. Daemon could relate, he had been through a lot in his past too. He's experienced a lot of the heartbreak, the loss, the sorrow and the grief. There was a time when he didn't think he could make it through. But here he was.

The Crimson Spider's recount sounded anguished but Daemon couldn't quite place the mixture of emotions. The Dusk Zephyr glanced at her, as her voice seemed to drop. Was she talking about killing? At least, he hadn't had to make that decision yet. Her sense of justice and morals did seem to be exceptionally strong. Considering the fact that he wouldn't really know what to do if put in her situation, he respected her for that. It seemed like it was a painful memory for her.

He looked at her while he spoke: "Well, sometimes that's the harsh reality of life, isn't it? You get beat down, you get up again. For what it's worth, I think you're cool for not letting him drag you down." Pausing for a few seconds, he debated whether to tell her his own story. Deciding to do it, he spoke softly: "I know the feeling, I... lost my parents too. Not exactly in the same way as yours though. My mom died of cancer, my dad committed suicide a while later." Even after a few years, he could still remember the day that he was left as an orphan. The event that changed his life.

"But you asked me why I joined this whole superhero thing. Um... I guess it comes from when I was younger, I used to watch all the news about other superheroes and saw them saving people, it was kinda inspiring. My mom used to help people too since she worked in hospitals and charities. I think she would've wanted me to do the same. This sounds like a real cliche reason but I just want to do some good for the world. The opportunity presented itself when this alien found me, so I don't really know what to do except this stuff... Thanks for the tips though. I know it's a dangerous... field of work, but I still want to do it." He finishes his sentence and waits for her reply.

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr:

Seems they have plenty in common. Who would have thought? The Crimson Spider now listens to his short story. Her heart goes out to him when he mentions his Mom died from cancer and his own father killed himself. A sad state of affairs whenever someone thinks to kill themselves. Marie doesn't think she'll ever understand that kind of mindset.

Despite everything, though, this man still wants to help those less fortunate. And that in itself is to be admired. She takes great pride in people who know the cost of being a hero and still put on the mask every day to put their lives on the line to save others, potentially at the cost of their own. Every day, Marie knows it could be her last. Some villain out there can get lucky and manage to kill her. She, of course, hopes that day never comes but she knows it could. Marie looks in her general direction, "Then I'm glad to see your willing to put your life on the line to make sure you can make a difference. We may not be as powerful as Superion, but if we can make a difference in our corner of the world, no matter how small it is, we've done our part to make the world a better place. Especially if we end up inspiring others to be heroes in their own right and help society as a whole."

Dusk_Zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade84:

Staring out into the distance, he glanced at her and he slowly moved his hand closer to hers while they talked. "Superion? I've heard of the name somewhere. That's the superhero guy in blue and red tights flying around, isn't he? He was in the news a lot. That guy is still around huh? I always thought he was cool." Daemon smiled as he recalled fond memories of watching the same clips of superheroes like him back when he was younger. His mom used to say that it was irresponsible and careless of them, yet he knew that she had respected the things they did. If only she could see him now. Don't think about her, you're gonna start crying again like a child. Hopefully she didn't notice.

He cleared his throat. "Anyways, I try my best to help people. But ,you know... I don't always succeed. Especially in calming people down after I save them, you can probably tell by my appearance, it's rather... off-putting." He gestures towards himself. "I also can't really change it so it's tough to convince people that I'm on their side. When they see some scary dude in a dark suit, they usually run away screaming. So yeah that's a challenge. I'm guessing you probably don't have the same problem though. Your outfit is rather bright and colourful, looks like something that people would trust. It's a cool costume by the way. Did you make it?"

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr:

The scrape of cloth against concrete, the sound far too low for a human to hear but very much audible to Marie's heightened senses. That means, she notices his hand is a little closer to her own. She gives no indication she has noticed, though. "Yeah, he's an inspiration to many. Myself included. Met him once." By the sound of it, she's proud to have met the hero. To the public, Superion has been around since 1938. But to Superion and Paragon, they know that it was their great grandfather, grandfather and father who was Superion before his children were. It's quite the legacy and pretty big boots to fill.

From the way he describes himself, Marie now has a better picture of what he looks like with his costume on. With her senses, she can only see a very basic image of him. More of an outline with no details. She knows he is there, she can 'see' him in a sense, but details are beyond her capability to detect unless she takes the time to feel those details with her hands. But she doesn't do that because she's physically blind. She has been since she was ten. Does she miss colors? Oh yeah, every day. Some days, she even forgets what color looks like. But she's lived so long without being able to see, she would prefer it no other way.

"Yes and no. I designed it, but I needed help to make it, especially with the details. And thank you, I'm glad you like it." She taps her Web Shooters, "I made these myself, though. I can fire natural webbing, but these help me to do things with my webbing I would never be able to do without them."

Danger! Marie's head moves in an odd way as she senses it. "I sense danger. Good timing because I was about to demonstrate what these web shooters can do. Follow me!" Marie leaps off the roof without a second thought, then she uses her web shooters to create a parachute as she slowly descends in the air, "Do you hear that? Gunfire. An alarm is sounding too, sounds like another bank. AK-47's if my hearing is correct. The police are on their way."

Dusk_Zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3292  Edited By Dusk_Zephyr

@renegade84:

She met Superion? Wow, she does seem like she's been around the superhero scene for quite a while. Maybe I'll get a chance to meet him someday. I guess I should get around more instead of staying in this city, then I'll meet some more cool people. Probably need to save up some money first though. That might take a while.

He watched with interest as she explained her costume design and web shooters. Those web shooters seem like rather nifty gadgets. She seems like she must be really smart if she could design those. I should get something similar. I don't think I have the skills or money to get one though.

Daemon's train of thought was interrupted by her speaking. Concentrating and focusing his hearing, he could make out the faint distant sounds of gunfire and alarms. Sounds like it was a bank robbery. Crap, I should have heard it. Stupid and careless. Of course, he had to get distracted so easily. Should have kept alert. What a rookie mistake. "Yeah, I hear it. I guess we're needed."Well, there goes my chance. He got to his feet and followed her. The Dusk Zephyr sprang into action and headed for the source of the sounds alongside her. As they approached the sounds, he could see the group of men carrying AK-47s. They have guns, this is going to be tough. But this is my chance to prove myself! I can show her what I can do. He pushed off a building and aimed a kick towards the nearest man.

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr:

No Caption Provided

The man sees him at the last second and is kicked, firing off some wild shots before he goes down flat on his back. He tries to get back up again to fire at Dusk but a line of webbing snags the weapon from his hands thanks to the Crimson Spider. She destroys it with her bare hands.

The Crimson Spider is then targeted by multiple gunmen, but she flips and jumps, contorting her body in inhuman ways as she avoids the bullets fired at her. Some close to hitting her, though and she fires webbing the guns to gum them up so they can't fired anymore.

"Pfft. You guys are such bad shots, even my Grand ma would beat you. And she's dead!" She keeps dodging and taunting, "Missed me again, but I definitely don't want you guys to kiss me. You thugs are uuugggly!"

Web taser! She shoots a thug and it tasers him, causing him to shake and convulse before he falls unconscious. A few thugs try and get some hits in on Dusk, however.

Dusk_Zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3294  Edited By Dusk_Zephyr

@renegade84:

The man was left defenseless as his weapon was secured by the Crimson Spider's webbing. That was cool. It looked a very useful power during fights. As the man tried to scramble away, Daemon leaped onto him and punched him. "Stay down." Well, that was one guy down. Five more to go. Bullets whizzed past him, and he felt the impact of multiple bullets grazing his armour. The Dusk Zephyr ducked, dodged and spun as the gunmen kept firing round after round.

"Wow, you guys really are a welcoming bunch! You really didn't have to bring all these guns just to welcome us! But the thought is much appreciated!" He quipped as he approached and swung a fist at one of the men, breaking his nose and causing him to stumble backward, dropping his weapon. Before the man could recover, Dusk grabbed his gun and ripped it in half. Two men left. One on the left charged at him. Daemon stepped to the side and kicked at his legs. The man went down hard, and his gun clattered away. He swiftly dealt with the final guy with an uppercut that slammed him into the side of the building. Men lay on the ground, groaning with pain.

Meanwhile, the Crimson Spider seemed to be making short work of the rest. Of course, she's been doing this for years before I even started. I should go and help but she does seem to have a handle on things. Nonetheless, he moved in to clean up any stragglers.

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr:

No Caption Provided

The stragglers stand no chance against the might of Dusk Zephyr. When the job is officially done, the Crimson Spider looks in Dusk's general direction and smiles under her mask, "You did good. You should be proud. I--ARRRRK" Marie is alerted to danger, leaping out of the way but still screams in pain as a wave of devastating sound blasts in her direction and where she once stood.

Marie covers her ears with her hands as she screams, falling to the ground upon her knees as sound waves bombard her head and body when she fails to dodge a second time. Having heightened senses is great, but her really good hearing comes with a serious weakness. The one responsible exits a nearby bank and he has some kind of black armor on with a palm facing the Crimson Spider. The other hand, palm up, faces Dusk as he tries to hit the other hero with a wave of devastating sound as well.

Dusk_Zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3296  Edited By Dusk_Zephyr

@renegade84:

Well, that seems to be the last of them. That was easier than I expected. Just then though, he sees someone approach out of the nearby bank. "Watch out!" He called out to Crimson before the man fired but the warning came too late. Dusk saw the Crimson Spider fall to her knees. Oh CRAP. WHERE THE HELL DID THAT GUY COME FROM? I SHOULD HAVE SEEN HIM! Even though he wasn't directly hit by the soundwave , his ears were ringing. He dived to the side as the man continued to blast at him. I gotta help her. I have to distract him while she recovers. Ducking behind a building while the auditory assault raged on, he thought of a plan. Not really a plan though, probably a more accurate description would be an idea. He pried open a manhole cover to use. Alright, throw this at him and buy some time."Hey! Boombox man! Why don't you turn it down!"Ok, that was kinda bad, gotta work on my lines. Readying himself, Dusk leaped out and tossed the cover like a frisbee at the man. Right on target. The man turned just as the flying cover hit him. He moved towards Crimson to help her up while the man was distracted.

CursedMalekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarah_and_lara; @blhazerider

Sometimes I amaze even myself...

No Caption Provided

From Svartalvheim to Midgard, all it took was hiding under the tremors of another one of Surtr's various tantrums. Conjuring a portal, then, only seemed natural. The Trickster-Spirit laughed as he emerged, disguising himself as a mortal in order to blend in with... nothing. The forest around him encompassed his surroundings, choking the breathable air.

He sighed, looking up at the night sky.

"Homely," he reached for the moon, intent on dragging it down, but it did not come. "Too much sunlight? Still? Bah,"

The King of the Dark Elves hopped into the air, content with being able to merely float for right now. Perhaps more magic would return to his fingertips, as he had just torn a gash between Realms - and he stepped into Midgard, notorious for having uncomfortable amounts of sunlight. His powers grew steadily more ineffective under the rays of that blasted star. Such was the reasoning behind him coming here to enact mischief, rather than conquering it outright. An invasion would be unwise - most unwise. At least for now.

He hovered on his heels, flipping around and around, looking towards the lights of a city he didn't know the name of.

"So bright... yet it doesn't feel like the light of a star,"

Without hesitation, he began to move closer towards the metropolis and observed that many changes had occured since his last stay in Midgard. Clothes were different, people were moving in metal boxes in grinding monotony, and most everyone was looking down at a pane of glass leading to a variety of tiny locations. Some of them moved, others were just words.

"Curious," he whispered, changing his attire to something more modern. "But if everyone is so concerned with doing nothing, then a certain something is bound to catch everyone's attention," a cruel smile crept across Malekith's face.

With a snap of his fingers, he pointed the resulting spark of dark magic into a traffic light. It teetered, it creaked, and eventually collapsed in the middle of a busy intersection. He didn't have time to cause anything fatal or life-threatening now, but seeing the petty Midgardians trying to figure out the inexplicable tickled his funny bone just right and he couldn't stop from cackling.

BlhazeRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3298  Edited By BlhazeRider

@cursedmalekith:

No Caption Provided

Los Angeles. Aidan hates Hollywood. Hard to believe he had aspirations to become an actor here once. Such a fool hardy dream. It all seems so very far away now, almost like it was the dream that belonged to someone else in another life. There are so many sins here. All it takes is one look and Aidan can sense the hidden transgressions of that person including who they are. Take the guy in the other lane, for example. He cheats on his taxes and on his wife. The dude over there in the strange clothes...

Wait. Strange clothes? Aidan does a double take but the man was now wearing modern clothing. But he could have sworn the man was dressed strangely just seconds ago. Plus, when Aidan looks at him, he can sense who he is and what he's done. This man, he's a trickster, but he's also done some bad things. The thirst of justice scream out within Aidan, PUNISH HIM!

A messed up traffic light, honking horns and frustrated people. No one is watching Aidan as his head begins to seemingly catch fire, change and transform into a burning skull. Eyes flash with a fiery stare that burns bright and hot. He raises a finger towards Malekith, uttering but one word, "Guilty."

CursedMalekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blhazerider:

The Laughing God ceased his incessant giggling once a figure stood out from the crowd. The man in question had no interest in his games, singling him out with a burning finger. Malekith took a special curiosity immediately. After all, it's not every day that a creature from Muspelheim infiltrated Midgard. Was Surtr up to something?

"Who, me?" Malekith mimed soundlessly, shrugging afterwards.

No Caption Provided

And then the smile. A sinister, toothy affair, complete with a strangeness inflicted upon his face. Fully half had been obscured into shadow as he backed away into the crowd, fading from sight.

Two black eyes followed the smoldering man as the bright fanged grin disappeared as well.

Though, if he saw through Malekith's disguise before, mere illusions wouldn't work. And so, the Dark-Caller took to the sky once more, bereft of his humanoid 'skin'. The bizarre shadow continued into his flesh, sinking deep. Fully half of his face was obscured by the darkness, leaving two ice-cold eyes shimmering beneath a mane of ghostly-white hair. He laughed as he continued up, and up, floating on mischief and magic.

"Come catch me if you can, phantom!" he cried out, seemingly invisible and undetectable to any but the ghostly pursuer - and, presumably, anyone else with a sensitivity to the arcane arts.

BlhazeRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cursedmalekith:

No Caption Provided

The Blaze Rider's gaze follows this strange being as he begins to fly up. He can scarcely believe such a person exists, but there the Elf was. By this point, the Blaze Rider has been noticed by the drivers around him and people start screaming as well as having panic attacks. Cars accelerate before crashing into another one, it's pure chaos.

Blaze Rider cannot fly, but he does have a way to follow. He revs the engine of his motorcycle, the tires bursting into flame as he turns it and drives straight up the nearest skyscraper. He catches up quickly the fleeing Malekith. Then Blaze Rider prepares his chain as it swings around him like a curling snake. With it's hooked in, he tries to snag Malekith in the shoulder in an attempt to yank the trickster from the air and back to the ground in a ruthless display of fiery fury.