Junction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2952  Edited By Junction

@PeopleCurrentlyInLADoingLAStuff

*Huff! *Huff--!* "MOOOOM! Mom, help please!", the soulrending shrieks of a distressed little damsel carried themselves through the concrete confines of the block. She ran as quickly as her little legs could carry her and cried as much as her eyes allowed, ferals infected with the necodexa virus hounding her all the way from one of the initial incursion zones. They drew near, their locomotion as putrid as the contents of their mind and liberated of any semblance of form.

Cornered in an alleyway her last resort is to climb over the chain fence, but they are already at her feet. Having gathered the last of her hope she leapt off the obstacle's rim, but have they. One rancid claw inches from the nape of her heck. "MOOOOOM!", her tears faintly glitter in the last sunlight of her dusk.

No Caption Provided

"RRrrargh---", her eyes close at the sound of their growling. All was lost...? "--Ggghk!"

"Down, boy!", a voice of elated and elevated cadence suddenly spoke out. The girl? She found herself in the embrace of a stump-like arm clad in the hues of ocean blue. She looked behind her, the rabid dog of a former man held up in a tide of solid ice. She looked up then to see a bright smile. Samson's most powerful remedy. "Ew! You've got a snot bubble going on!", The Translucent Titan grimaced jokingly in an attempt to alleviate the poor girl's mood and let go of the source of danger.

"Heh!", replied the girl with a smile and the two began to graciously ascend to the top of the neighboring buildings where Samson set her down near a group of people he already helped. Out of them all a woman broke out into a sprint towards the girl "Sandra! Oh thank god you are alright!", she hugged her daughter tightly, as tight as only a parent could.

"Mom! I think you should rather thank this mister...", she gestured towards Samson but before the mother could even begin to form words of gratitude Samson had already departed to the streets below. Helping whomever he could and freezing whomever he could not.

Los Angeles Airspace;
Now.

The Man of Marvels jettisoned towards the heavens in pursuit of the emerald star lingering in the sky. From a distance, his generic set of higher sensory powers allowed him to determine that it was a man wielding an unnatural amount of metaphysical energy. He was the prime suspect now even if Samson knew that the virus originated from Emerald City. Establishing his supremacy over the Einsteinian laws of physics, The Superhuman Samaritan came to an instantaneous hover from his supersonic flight.

Air crackling into a sonic boom from his stop, Samson's crimson cape was flung billowing forwards as he appeared near The Verdant Knight. With a mighty frow he stared at the target of his inquiry: "For your sake I hope emerald is the only thing you've got in common with Emerald City."

The Superhuman Samaritan had approached with enough speed to send the air past Stan's hair, causing him to instantly will the binoculars to dissipate. He hovered backwards slightly, then forward, raising an eyebrow behind his domino mask. He could tell from the man's assertive demeanor that he was being held responsible.

"What, me? C'mon, no. Look at those guys. Red, red, red. We don't share the aesthetic," he said, pointing to his chest with his thumb. He looked the Paradigm of Persistence over, then glancing down at the streets below.

Who does this guy think he is?

"So these are just your generic terror-mooks, right? I mean, I've already got Main Street under control. Just a few stragglers left to take out, once I find them," he said, cracking his knuckles and changing the subject. Green vapor emanated from where his fists touched.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2953  Edited By Great_Samson

@junction:

"Hrm...", growled Samson in response to the thickening plot, disliking being left guessing at the source of this vile event. Whoever this man, this Emerald Knight, was he evidently wasn't connected to the sudden viral outbreak within the City of Angels. Otherwise he would've responded in a more aggressive manner. For a moment he looked at Junction before focusing on the streets below.

"Green...", he murmured. "Their eyes are green.", speaking up louder his eyes rested back at the man. "Mooks for us but the limeyes can tear a man limb from limb. Unlike the average zombie. They are infected with something called Necodexa, a virus that was released on Emerald City a few months ago.", The Action Ace surveyed the invaders with optical brilliance stemming from his posthuman nature. "Hm. The virus has an incubation period so this means these ferals were most likely transported directly from the quarantine. That probably means we're either dealing with another batshit crazy Liafador or...", again pausing as his sapphire blue eyes closed. Reminiscing over how his friend suffered in necodexa's grip. "...or I don't know."

Suddenly an idea swept through his mind. "You've been doing a good day's work out there but we can't keep them out cold in the streets. Do you think you could contain them all if we rounded them up into one of your constructs?"

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2954 Feral Nova  Moderator

@dreadpool10: @junction: @great_samson: @theflashfire: @last_guardian:

With a toothy grin she watched as the screen begin to light up in several different locations throughout the city. She was able to keep track of everything that was going on. Fires raged through the streets of the city as several explosions went off one by one, and her smiled widen into a crazed smile. Blue lights began to flash along the screen, indicating heroes had begun to make their way into the city. She knew it would only be moments before Jaired would find her as she could feel the speed force sweep through the city. Then there was the Emerald Guardian who she had never laid eyes before. Seconds later the Prince of power jumped into the fray. This was perfect. Heroes scrambling throughout the city to save it, to find out who was behind the attack. To protect the citizens that she declared to Jason that she would kill. It was like a dream come true, why hadn't she done this sooner?

It would be a shame if something happened to it.
It would be a shame if something happened to it.

But then, a voice called out to her. Her head snapped over to the direction and saw it was none other than the butler for WAL. He was a sort of father figure to the once blue hero. He always offered her advice when she needed it, and listen to her rant when she had no one else to talk to. Not to mention, his cookies were the best in all of California. “Mr. French.” She gave him an unnatural wide smile as she began walking towards him, leaving the hologram screen behind. “Its been at least a couple of years, hasn’t it? How’ve you been?” She teasingly ran her index finger along his shoulder as she began circling him. “Things look great here, it’s as if WAL is going back to how it was, it would be a shame if something happened to it.”

“Zoe…” Mr. French began. “Let’s go over to the kitchen, I can make us some cookies, we can talk.” He tried to try and defuse the current situation at hand, unknowing that the Zoe he knew, wasn't currently in control of herself.

“Or…” she began, now standing before him once more as she gently pressed her hand against his chest as she leaned forward on him, going on her tip toes as she whispered in his ear. “I can kill you.” Her eyes began to glow yellow as she began infusing Mr. French with heat, quickly spiking his body temperature to a seizing 107F degrees. Gasps of breath was heard from him as his skin began to flush when she felt it. The Speed Force made it’s way into the WAL HQ, which meant. “Jaired.” She whispered before she turned her attention away from Mr. French, pulling her hand away as his eyes rolled to the back of his head as his body began shaking uncontrollably on the ground, foaming at the mouth as Zoe then took off in a streak of blur. Running through the WAL HQ she then spotted him, the crimson speedster and she gave him a snickering grin before looking behind her towards the mission room, suggesting that there was someone in danger. He would have to make a choice to either continue to follow her, or find the person she harmed.

As soon as she made her way outside she took a leap up from the ground as her body exploded into a blazing glory. Her flames were a blinding gold as they danced around her body, lifting her up from the ground effortlessly as if they had a life of their own, taking her high into the smoke filled sky that were obscuring the light of the sun into the city below. Dozens of fires have been ignited and several explosions had claimed buildings as her Ferals chanted her name. Making her way through the sky she made her way to the Griffith Observatory where dozens of people were being lined up to be infected. Descending down to the front of the observatory like the angel of death Zoe’s flames died down as she approached the people who were being forced to knee before her. Men, women even children, crying, yelling in anger some staying silent in fear. While hundreds of other Ferals were still creating chaos, Zoe began to act like the horsewoman of pestilence. Scratching her own skin she drew her infectious blood upon her index finger.

“You shall all be reborn in my image and carry my legacy upon this Earth!” She shouted as she began to approach the people, walking up to her first victim, a man in a business suit, his eyes wide and filled with fear. “I will love you as my own children and you will help pave my way upon this world.”

I'm not crazy... just a little sick
I'm not crazy... just a little sick

“YOU’RE CRAZY!” the man yelled out as Zoe threw her head back in laughter before reaching down and scratching the side of his face with her infection hand, mixing her blood with his before her expression shift cold for a moment. "I'm not crazy... just a little sick."

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

TT___TT

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Posting tomorrow night if everything goes as planned.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting tomorrow night if everything goes as planned.

W-what'did you say?
W-what'did you say?

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: I'm posting tomorrow night if everything goes as planned.

Why? O-o

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova:

Is this something I can jump in on with either Hope or The Custodian?

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2960  Edited By Last_Guardian
Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>in the writer-mobile

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: I'm posting [tomorrow night] if everything goes as planned.

Why? O-o

No Caption Provided

(Hahaha, messing with you. Take your time :))

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2963  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

@lunahawk said:

@feral_nova:

Is this something I can jump in on with either Hope or The Custodian?

Totally open :)

HOLY CRAP HOPE!? WITH HOPE AND GS I'M GONNA GET A MASSIVE SMACK DOWN LMAO

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2964  Edited By Great_Samson

@feral_nova: @junction:

In the midst of his thoughts came an uncanny development. From below, the scaping concrete tides of the urban enviroment rose an energy signature of nigh-celestial proportions. It's blazing glory superheating the very air around it as it continued clawing to altitude. "--No time, buster.", said Samson decisively to his fated verdant compatriot as his body curled half way into a readied fetal position. His senses discerned that whatever the phenomenon was, it's contents were of humanoid nature. Familiar nature. "Time to evict these clowns."

*THOooOm!*

Transitioning into the realms of supersonic flight in a mirroring fashion to his previous stop, Samson audaciously fractured the sound barrier from a full stop. Stellar energies vigorously brewing inside his celluar membranes to supply him with impossible amounts of energy for this science-defying feat that transported him into the vicinity of Griffith Observatory. Once there the nGod of Information took on a declining trajectory swooping just over Nova. Let's hope Green Guy came along.

The goal? Samson intended to slow down to subsonic speed to grab her and then take off full speed into the skies to severely cripple her range of influence and action. His invulnerability would naturally protect him from the singing heat until he could invoke a superfast spin, much like that he used on Leonel Liafador, to throw her across the city skyline. If he didn't succeed? Then he'd simply harness a fraction of the power of his appropriated Boreas Breath to not only attempt to douse her flames but also use the sudden temperature shift generated by his powers to create a sudden updraft beneath Nova's feet that would lift her into the air, served for either him or his companion.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hope_: Don't quote things..it makes my notifications go nuts lol

Hope_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian:

lol, sorry. I just did it to have a point of reference while I worked on my post.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miscommunication be like.
Miscommunication be like.

Hope_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_samson:

Oh crap, I'm sorry. My post got super ninjaed. I checked like three times before I posted to make sure no one had done anything yet. I'll take it down for now.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hope_: Don't mind me, I'm just OCD with my notifications. Do your thing.

Hope_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I deleted my post. I've saved it so I can edit it and re-post it later.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2972  Edited By Great_Samson
@hope_ said:

@great_samson:

Oh crap, I'm sorry. My post got super ninjaed. I checked like three times before I posted to make sure no one had done anything yet. I'll take it down for now.

It's fine :D You don't need to take it down entirely I think, just edit the last paragraph probably. Or you don't even need to do that. IDK. Depends on Nova.

Hope_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_samson:

Nah, I don't want to screw up your attack that badly (although it would be hilarious. You're about to grab her and she gets knocked through twelve buildings). I've taken it down and saved it to edit later.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hope_ said:

@great_samson:

Nah, I don't want to screw up your attack that badly (although it would be hilarious. You're about to grab her and she gets knocked through twelve buildings). I've taken it down and saved it to edit later.

Thank god. Glad to know I just didn't make you straight up delete an entire post.

Hope_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian@great_samson

I don't know what drew my attention to Los Angelous after I finished my first meal. I had barely begun to see this brave new world when something...pulled me that way. As I experimentally began my first flight I felt that pull growing ever stronger and as it did I increased my speed over and over again. The first sonic boom took my be complete surprise, the remaining several were just as loud but at least no longer surprising. It occurred to me that I barely understand what I am capable of now...let alone why. One day, I need to find out why.

Right now that something has resolved itself in my mind as I fly through Alabama and then the states begin to blur beneath me as my speed increases. People are clutching to dwindling hope, the more frightened they become the more they begin to prey someone will help them...anyone. That hope, that last desperate clinging to life is what draws me to LA. As I enter LA airspace at speeds exceeding anything reasonable the generic idea of LA is replaced with a specific location and one, last, desperate plea for sanity.

I drop low, flying just above the pavement. Behind me and beneath me the pavement melts as the air screams at my arrival and anger builds inside of me. Who is scaring these people? Who is making children cry out in desperate hope for salvation? I'm going to do something to them, I'm going to...to...I have no idea.

So I go for something really simple. Flying in at speeds nearing the speed of light (which is apparently really fast I guess) I find the object of my anger, a crazy lady trying to hurt people @feral_nova I know what I'll do! I'll punch her right in the face! That'll show her! Coming in at crazy speed I try to do just that, try to punch her in the face, really hard too. At the last moment though someone else swoops in and tries to pull her away from the street and her potential victims. I alter my course quickly to fly after them if he’s successful in grabbing her. My plan is to follow them. If he’s not I’ll try and punch her really hard in the face, that'll show her! (As it turns out speed and momentum plus a level of strength I don’t yet understand combine to form a 24 megaton punch, the same energy put out by Mount St. Helens. Unfortunately I’ve never been taught any of this, I’m just a girl after all, I didn’t go to school for that sort of thing).

Junction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: @junction:

In the midst of his thoughts came an uncanny development. From below, the scaping concrete tides of the urban enviroment rose an energy signature of nigh-celestial proportions. It's blazing glory superheating the very air around it as it continued clawing to altitude. "--No time, buster.", said Samson decisively to his fated verdant compatriot as his body curled half way into a readied fetal position. His senses discerned that whatever the phenomenon was, it's contents were of humanoid nature. Familiar nature. "Time to evict these clowns."

*THOooOm!*

Transitioning into the realms of supersonic flight in a mirroring fashion to his previous stop, Samson audaciously fractured the sound barrier from a full stop. Stellar energies vigorously brewing inside his celluar membranes to supply him with impossible amounts of energy for this science-defying feat that transported him into the vicinity of Griffith Observatory. Once there the nGod of Information took on a declining trajectory swooping just over Nova. Let's hope Green Guy came along.

The goal? Samson intended to slow down to subsonic speed to grab her and then take off full speed into the skies to severely cripple her range of influence and action. His invulnerability would naturally protect him from the singing heat until he could invoke a superfast spin, much like that he used on Leonel Liafador, to throw her across the city skyline. If he didn't succeed? Then he'd simply harness a fraction of the power of his appropriated Boreas Breath to not only attempt to douse her flames but also use the sudden temperature shift generated by his powers to create a sudden updraft beneath Nova's feet that would lift her into the air, served for either him or his companion.

*THOooOm!*

"Hey!"cried Stan, clutching at his ears as the Samaritan sped away as quickly as he'd come. The loud sonic boom was annoying, and the shock it sent through the nearby air sent the Verdant Vindicator floating backwards in mid-air. Squinting, a small pair of soundproofing plugs manifested within his eardrums. He looked for the blurred trail that Samson left behind, thrusting his upper body forwards and soaring after him at a considerably slower speed. He ripped past the glimmering windows, his luminous reflection dazzling any who happened to glance upwards at him. Accelerating, he arrived after Samson began his attack, moving too fast to even notice what was going on...except who they were fighting.

Guess she's the bad guy, he thought, narrowing his eyes as Samson and Hope closed in. Better do my part!

He curled his hands around an invisible bat, the verdant energy spilling out from the crystal on his fingertip and filling the "framework" his mind created. Within a second, a green slugger filled his gloved hands, rumbling with power and sending small ripples throughout the air around him.

"Batter up!" Flying up past Samson, he'd swing the humming green weapon into their collective foe as hard as he could.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2977 Feral Nova  Moderator

@great_samson: @hope_: @junction: @last_guardian@dreadpool10@flash_fire @IHopeI'mNotForgettingAnyone

One by one she began to infect the innocent civilians of the city as her Ferals continued to chant “FERAL NOVA IS LOVE, FERAL NOVA IS GRACE, FERAL NOVA IS FREEDOM, ALL HAIL FERAL NOVA!” in unison as the people of Los Angeles began to convert into her mindless infectious slaves before their eyes. Zoe smiled as she could feel the viral infection become stronger within her with every passing moment, the need to spread the sickness becoming more intense. Her Ferals were still creating chaos in the city while others had be stopped by the heroes. It would take more than just stopping a couple of dozen of her loyal followers to stop them.

Just then, she heard it, but not one, but two sonic booms in the sky and quickly channeling her connection to the speed force, the world slowed down around her, but instead of running, she stood there, with a cocky grin upon her face as she saw not one but two heroes coming at her at still amazing speeds, turning her body to face both of them at once. One, a young woman and the other a young man, oh, which would get their hands on her first she began to wonder. They were both coming at her, but the young woman looked like she was going to attempt to attack, but at the last moment, the male hero hands took grip on her as he plucked her up from the ground, facing him as he carried her. Don’t worry new little hero who was left behind… we’ll meet again soon. But as soon as Samson took her she bit down forcefully on her tongue, causing her viral blood to be draw, and before he released her from his grasp, she spat out her blood filled saliva to his face. Her intention? To infect the powerful hero by getting her blood into his eyes just a moment before her body went flying like a rag doll across the LA skyline. Her body erupted into yellow and orange flames as her body automatically began to convert the heat of fire into strength and durability as it reached up to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit, just a small fraction of her full power.

Impact was made with the bat, hitting her right in the abdomen and into her diaphragm, pushing the oxygen out of her lungs and causing her to fall down towards the city only to land on the roof of one of the many skyscrapers that stood tall above the chaos city below. Landing with a ‘thud’ her flames continued to surround her in a soft ember glow as she gasped for air, her hand wrapped around her abdomen as she stood up, her teeth grit together as she pushed up from the skyscraper and flew like a demon towards the Emerald Hero, “You like playing baseball?” She shouted as she threw her right arm forward, a sphere of golden fire escaping from her hand as it flew towards him. If he attempted to block, or hit it in any way, it would explode upon impact with a sixteen feet (five meter) blast radius with the heat as strong as 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit (5,500 degrees Celsius), however, even if it didn’t hit him, it would eventually hit one of the many buildings that were around them, which would only cause more destruction and kill more innocent people.

But then, out of nowhere, the woman, the same one from before made an appearance and her fist plowed into Zoe’s face, which would have also had to touch her fire that surrounded her body as her living flame would attempted to latch onto her clothes and eat away at her skin. Zoe’s head snapped to the side as blood and saliva spewed from her lips, the force of the punch was so great that it caused her body to free fall down to the streets of the city like a flaming meteor. Her body smashed into the concrete of the street with a ‘BOOM’, dust, dirt and debris rose all around the point of impact, a small crater was formed where she landed, her flames depleted. As the dust began to settle Zoe was seen laying face first on the ground, metallic tasting crimson fluid began to ooze from her busted lip and severed tongue. Slowly pushing herself up, she coughed as more blood trickled from between her lips for a moment, taking in a deep breath as she wiped her mouth clean before giving a half grin. These heroes, they were strong, almost too strong for her to handle on her own…. Almost. “Is that it?”

Standing up, the air around her them began to grow warm as a glow started to form around her body. Within seconds her body burst into flames, the red and gold fire danced around her body wildly as her eyes locked on the young blonde bombshell that sent her crashing into the ground just moments ago. Without hesitation, and a flicker of electricity in her eyes, Zoe zipped over to a vehicle that held a young man inside, who was trying to keep safe from the violence that was overtaking the city. The man screamed as Zoe’s hands placed under the car and with a single grunt she lift the vehicle from the ground as the man quickly put his seatbelt on, as if it could protect him from what was about to happen next, and Zeon threw it as hard as she could towards the blond bombshell. She knew heroes liked saving people, people dying because they were reckless was something that always ate away at them. As soon as the car left her hands, Zoe threw her hands upward towards her as she let out a feral roar, the infectious blaze rushing from her body, up her arms and from her hands coming towards the new hero like a bat out of hell, trying to hit the vehicle before it would reach Hope to cause a massive explosion while at the same time killing the man inside.

“THIS CITY BELONGS TO ME! GIVE UP!” The former hero roared with laughter. At the same time, as all of this was going on, Ferals were beginning to execute civilians they have captured in the open, bashing their heads in with whatever they could get a hold. Wrenches, rubble from buildings, whatever their fingers could grasp.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2978  Edited By TheFlashFire

@great_samson: @hope_: @junction: @last_guardian@dreadpool10

Time seemed to slow as he watched her streak past him, but he couldn't follow her, not with an innocent about to die. The scenery around him melded from walls to street to the porcelain tile and walls of a hospital. But then his surroundings were that of a street again, a street filled with the screams of children and the sound of explosions as heroes fought to save the city. It killed him to watch them hurt her, and it killed him even more to see innocents die on her hands. Right now he wanted to blame the Liafadors for doing this to her, and he did, but he blamed himself even more because he had the power to personally stop her months ago..and he didn't. Because he was scared that it may have come down to her being incurable and The Guardian Angel knew his heart couldn't take losing his both his mother and the love of his life.

Jaired crept forward the feral goddess gingerly, his hands raised and voice shaky. "Zoe...do you want the ultimate destruction? Picture it, the world itself on fire, everyone worshiping you, monuments created in your image. One blazing world and it's glorious flame goddess. I can give you that..I have the resources to help you achieve that." Jaired would zip to the side of a cult member who had raised a civilian into the air, and plunge a vibrating hand into both of them. The cult member would fall to the round, dead as his innards had been scrambled, but the civilians molecules were passed harmlessly by Jaired's. But no one around them would know that. "For you, My Goddess. You see Zoe...L.A? This is small. We have to go bigger...Think, setting the entire country ablaze! Come with me, and I can provide all the nessacery technology." Jaired extended his hand, ready for her to take the offer and lead her to his companies headquarters.

Rossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got a pretty sweet idea for a counter but IDK if I should use it. It would probably be goddmodding, kinda. I dunno.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will get to a response in some hours.

Hope_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_samson: @hope_: @junction: @dreadpool10@flash_fire @IHopeI'mNotForgettingAnyone

One by one she began to infect the innocent civilians of the city as her Ferals continued to chant “FERAL NOVA IS LOVE, FERAL NOVA IS GRACE, FERAL NOVA IS FREEDOM, ALL HAIL FERAL NOVA!” in unison as the people of Los Angeles began to convert into her mindless infectious slaves before their eyes. Zoe smiled as she could feel the viral infection become stronger within her with every passing moment, the need to spread the sickness becoming more intense. Her Ferals were still creating chaos in the city while others had be stopped by the heroes. It would take more than just stopping a couple of dozen of her loyal followers to stop them.

Just then, she heard it, but not one, but two sonic booms in the sky and quickly channeling her connection to the speed force, the world slowed down around her, but instead of running, she stood there, with a cocky grin upon her face as she saw not one but two heroes coming at her at still amazing speeds, turning her body to face both of them at once. One, a young woman and the other a young man, oh, which would get their hands on her first she began to wonder. They were both coming at her, but the young woman looked like she was going to attempt to attack, but at the last moment, the male hero hands took grip on her as he plucked her up from the ground, facing him as he carried her. Don’t worry new little hero who was left behind… we’ll meet again soon. But as soon as Samson took her she bit down forcefully on her tongue, causing her viral blood to be draw, and before he released her from his grasp, she spat out her blood filled saliva to his face. Her intention? To infect the powerful hero by getting her blood into his eyes just a moment before her body went flying like a rag doll across the LA skyline. Her body erupted into yellow and orange flames as her body automatically began to convert the heat of fire into strength and durability as it reached up to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit, just a small fraction of her full power.

Impact was made with the bat, hitting her right in the abdomen and into her diaphragm, pushing the oxygen out of her lungs and causing her to fall down towards the city only to land on the roof of one of the many skyscrapers that stood tall above the chaos city below. Landing with a ‘thud’ her flames continued to surround her in a soft ember glow as she gasped for air, her hand wrapped around her abdomen as she stood up, her teeth grit together as she pushed up from the skyscraper and flew like a demon towards the Emerald Hero, “You like playing baseball?” She shouted as she threw her right arm forward, a sphere of golden fire escaping from her hand as it flew towards him. If he attempted to block, or hit it in any way, it would explode upon impact with a sixteen feet (five meter) blast radius with the heat as strong as 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit (5,500 degrees Celsius), however, even if it didn’t hit him, it would eventually hit one of the many buildings that were around them, which would only cause more destruction and kill more innocent people.

But then, out of nowhere, the woman, the same one from before made an appearance and her fist plowed into Zoe’s face, which would have also had to touch her fire that surrounded her body as her living flame would attempted to latch onto her clothes and eat away at her skin. Zoe’s head snapped to the side as blood and saliva spewed from her lips, the force of the punch was so great that it caused her body to free fall down to the streets of the city like a flaming meteor. Her body smashed into the concrete of the street with a ‘BOOM’, dust, dirt and debris rose all around the point of impact, a small crater was formed where she landed, her flames depleted. As the dust began to settle Zoe was seen laying face first on the ground, metallic tasting crimson fluid began to ooze from her busted lip and severed tongue. Slowly pushing herself up, she coughed as more blood trickled from between her lips for a moment, taking in a deep breath as she wiped her mouth clean before giving a half grin. These heroes, they were strong, almost too strong for her to handle on her own…. Almost. “Is that it?”

Standing up, the air around her them began to grow warm as a glow started to form around her body. Within seconds her body burst into flames, the red and gold fire danced around her body wildly as her eyes locked on the young blonde bombshell that sent her crashing into the ground just moments ago. Without hesitation, and a flicker of electricity in her eyes, Zoe zipped over to a vehicle that held a young man inside, who was trying to keep safe from the violence that was overtaking the city. The man screamed as Zoe’s hands placed under the car and with a single grunt she lift the vehicle from the ground as the man quickly put his seatbelt on, as if it could protect him from what was about to happen next, and Zeon threw it as hard as she could towards the blond bombshell. She knew heroes liked saving people, people dying because they were reckless was something that always ate away at them. As soon as the car left her hands, Zoe threw her hands upward towards her as she let out a feral roar, the infectious blaze rushing from her body, up her arms and from her hands coming towards the new hero like a bat out of hell, trying to hit the vehicle before it would reach Hope to cause a massive explosion while at the same time killing the man inside.

“THIS CITY BELONGS TO ME! GIVE UP!” The former hero roared with laughter. At the same time, as all of this was going on, Ferals were beginning to execute civilians they have captured in the open, bashing their heads in with whatever they could get a hold. Wrenches, rubble from buildings, whatever their fingers could grasp.

I prepare to move to intercept the vehicle but suddenly a red blur zooms in, removes the guy from the car and zooms out at speeds that I can barely even register. I'm still trying to get over the fact that I just punched someone into the pavement or the fact that their really hot fire didn't touch my skin or my weird clothes that I still don't know the origin of. I count my blessings and zoom forward towards the vehicle just as it explodes with a FOOOM! The force of the explosion sends me rocketing backwards but just before I hit a building I'm able to get control of my unexpected backward flight. I glance down at my body, finding nothing damaged and no injuries. Whatever has happened to me, it's truly amazing. The woman I punched seems to be alive and I realize now that she's spreading some sort of sickness to everyone she can, driving them all bonkers.

I shift my gaze to the red guy who just showed up again and started talking to the crazy flames woman. He seemed to be on our side before but now he's talking about helping her burn the world and take over everything. I'm not really sure how to take this. Maybe he knows her, maybe he's trying to trick her into thinking he's on her side. That's the only thing that really makes any sense, so for now I have to assume that's his plan. If he turns out to really be on her side I'll just punch him out of the city or something.

"I never give up." I tell the woman calmly. He may be trying to get her to stop what she's doing, but I can't let her run free while he does so either. I have to do something. Maybe if she feels close to losing she'll listen to him. If only I had some sort of ranged...

No Caption Provided

Blue lasers shoot out of my eyes, heat vision some people will end up calling it but it's more than just pure heat, it's cutting and impact. Throwing pure heat at someone obviously immune to it would be insane, but the powers are responding to my thoughts, reacting without me knowing what they even are. When it first occurs the beams are aimed at her, but well aware they won't cause damage I quickly avert my gaze to other targets. If the others can focus their efforts on her and I can as well, it will be easier...so I do what must be done. I direct my attacks at her blood crazed zombies. I know it will kill them but I'm not out to avoid killing, I'm out to save lives, to preserve Hope and if I have to kill someone to do it...I can feel bad about it later. I try something after the first man is cut in half, I begin blinking during the process and it works, cutting beams it rapid fire bursts of energy. I hover above the city, directing rapid bursts of raw power at each of the zombies in turn, hoping to obliterate them and leave everyone safe...and the other heroes able to focus on the cause of our mutual problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian: @hope_: @great_samson: @junction: @theflashfire: @feral_nova:

Though moderately indignant to the sight of the corrupted fire goddesses being hurled through the air, Asad's slight annoyance was rightfully mingled with relief that her plans were being stalled for a time. He inched through the thunderous crowd of swayed citizens, an avant sidearm clutched in his right hand in the likely case that they'd realize he wasn't one of them, and he would be forced to defend himself. Beneath the eerie whites of his purple mask, his gaze followed the fire goddess to the streets where a battle raged. His knuckles whitened as his grip upon his weapon tightened, his mind furiously alternating between the pangs of guilt he felt, knowing that he had been the one to induce her rampage, and his tender longings that the hovering heroes facing the fire goddess wouldn't kill her. Worst case scenario, he'd have to shoot one of them to prevent Zoe from being harmed.

Another flash of light, and his form reappeared along the chaotic streets of Los Angeles - meters from the woman with the scarlet cape, the Flash Fire, and Zoe. He drew in a deep breath, covertly peering at them from an alleyway. Keep her stalled, Roadrunner. That's it, he thought, apprehensively leveling his avant gun beside his head as his eyes momentarily settled upon the woman firing ocular beams. He could've laughed in his relief that she'd decided to go after the zombies rather than the fire goddess himself, and admitting another intake of air, he replaced his avant sidearm in one of his holsters. He knew what he had to do. In his previous attempt to force Zoe's cells to reject the virus, his abilities had given him a horrifying glimpse of the Liafador virus' true evolution. It wasn't simply hiding within the protection of her cells, but thoroughly stained against deoxyribonucleic acid strands of her body.

Another haze of light occurred at his molecules dissembled, attempting to reassemble in the form of a teleport behind Zoe. "I-I'm sorry," Asad shakily uttered, regretfully gritting his teeth as he recalled the agony he'd put Zoe through once before in attempting to cure her. He didn't want to put her through any more pain, every rapid beat of his heart was like a little voice telling him not too. But as another surge of guilt and regretful sentiments threaten to consume him once again, he swallowed, the vivid images of the bloody executions, chaos, and death coming to mind. Determination belied the tender sentiments he felt, and as his arms sought to tightly grasp the sides of Zoe's face once again, a single tear trickled down his magenta masked face.

If successful in teleporting behind the fire goddess and grabbing her face, Jason sought to enact the will of his materiokinetic abilities once again. But not to delve into Zoe's cellular structure as he'd done before. He sought to delve into her virus stained nucleotides, where he would attempt to utterly dissolve the virus stains from her DNA and force it out of her system.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm writing something and I really hope you guys won't be mad.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2984  Edited By Great_Samson

@feral_nova: @junction: @hope_: @dreadpool10: @theflashfire:

The Superhuman Samaritan hoisted Feral Nova from above in the wake of his success. <Good now just-->, train of thought derailing in face of viral danger expelled from the mouth of his zombified cargo, Samson instincively let go as his arms refocused on protecting his face from the threat. It was too late however and her blood spread over his disgusted facade. Even though a neo-deity, the hero's form still shared much with the human biology and as such Necodexa found way into his system through his throat. However, moments after the nGod started choking on seemingly air itself, a reaction uncommon in the infected, and his spasming body fell out of the sky.

"Stupid... So stupid..."

Agonizing sensations surged through the seams of his superhuman structure as he fought a internal battle on the grassy ground. The virus, as potent and vigorous as it was, couldn't hope to enter the microbiology of Samson whose celluar membranes were charged with searing solar energies that protected his genetics from viral attacks of any form. Instead it formed on the exterior, inside his throat formed a black biomass that sought to enter his body by force even if it meant to kill it's would be host to first. His sapphire blue eyes shot up with crimson red...

<Gotta... think... quick..!>

In the aftermath of that thought, Samson's eyes flared up with bright energy as his mental palace deposited every bit of remaining sentience to formulating a strategy with the quantum efficiency of his brain. Permutations upon permutations as he drew information from his hyperthymetic memory to incorporate every possible variable into a feasible formula for success. Then nothing, rigor mortis as his body stopped spasming and his eyes surrendered their glow and closed. A gust of summer wind blew past his body, carresing Samson's raven hair before the superman jumpstarted again with a release of all his solar energy in the form of heat towards the sky.

The goal? Like a rampart forest fire, the heat would cause the collective moisture in the skies (where the blast of radiant energy simply stopped) to condense into abyssal stormclouds and in turn generate an almost immediate, intense and unyielding downpour like the City of Angels never experienced before. Every droplet of water above the city would descend in the form of as strong shower that would not only drop the local temperatures to those hovering above 0° but also put out fight off any fires recently caused in the city - including those of their orchestrator Feral Nova. (This is literally just heavy rain, nothing terribly intense. Do not sell it as just outright not being able to 'Flame on!' but rather as an inconvenience.)

Depriving himself of the energies that empowered his cells meant that The Man of Marvels allowed Necodexa virus to dissolve in his throat and enter his posthuman body. But that was his intent. After all, what was a virus to the nGod of Information but a sequence of invasive data? The efforts of his quantum oversoul, the true form of the nGod and the 'ghost in the shell', would dissect the unicelluar organism at the very molecules of it's RNA to invert and convert it into an extension of Samson's body in a way analogous to how Nova became the sentient manifestation of the original Necodexa.

He became the host of the virus' mutation and awoke from his metamorphosis with emerald veins visibly pumping underneath his skin and iris-less lime green eyes set on the prize. Manipulating the essence of Nova's personal strain of the virus provided him with a singular clarity of mind and the ability to sense her and those she sired over vast distances. Left without the access to his solar powers, Samson was left to rely on the still formidable resources of his default posthuman biology. The crimson 'Bleed cape' dissipated into the interdimensional flow again as the superman leapt towards the Griffith Observatory where the mass executions/conversions were held.

The Adamantium Proletarian stared down the ferals with an angry frown and gritting teeth for a moment before suddenly spreading his thick arms into an embrace. In it he offered his open palms...

...and administered an antidote.
...and administered an antidote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2986  Edited By Great_Samson

@dreadpool10: Thanks and sorry for using Hive Ward, the gif was the most suitable one I found for what I envisioned. (because he's literally sending out an extension of himself).

Team_Sigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(You guys are awesome:p)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_samson: Dude, you don't have to apologize, I don't own the look/gifs. Cool with Hive/Ward being used :)

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Well, I just feel obliged since I'm snagging looks left and right even though they never carry over xD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_samson: Hahaha, well, that's understandable.

Rereading that bit of the post, I agree that that gif was perfect for what happened there. That was tight.

(You guys are awesome:p)

Thank you, you as well :)

Avatar image for a-pack-of-bandits
A-Pack-Of-Bandits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALL HAIL FERAL NOVA!!

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2992 Feral Nova  Moderator

@hope_: @theflashfire: @dreadpool10: @great_samson:

She saw him, the streak of red that rushed across her line of sight and she couldn’t help but smile. Her attention diverted from the indestructible bombshell to her once teammate and friend. “Jaired.” A twisted grin stretched across her face. “Do you think just because I’m sick, that it makes me stupid?” She took a step towards him, her own blood still staining her fingers as looked down at his hand for a moment. “Guess what… I’m not. You’re here to help me, just like how you helped me in Spain. I’m going to burn this city and infect everyone and then… you heroes?” She began to close the distance, shoving his hand away from her, till they were just inches apart. “You people who called me friend? I’m going to infect every single one of you and unleash you on the world.” Her sickly green eyes pierced into his blue as her blood stain hand began to reach up to the hero. She was going to infect him and he would be the one to carry the virus across the world.

Unknown to the Fire Goddess, The Hyper-Hercules had already began distributing a cure to her Ferals. One by one they began to fall, a black, toxic waste being pushed out from their bodies in the form of vomit, while others had been infected for so long, their bodies expired on the spot. She could feel the strength of the virus weaken, Nova’s eyes darted away from the Crimson Speedster for a moment, what was happening? Who was doing this? This wasn’t what was suppose to happen!

She was so distracted by everything, she didn’t notice Jason coming up behind her until she heard his whispers behind her. Her eyes widen as she felt his touch. As soon as his fingers grazed her skin she screamed in agony, stumbling forward, grasping Jaired for support before falling to her knees, unable to stand any longer. It was like death was coming over her. She could feel her heart quicken, her breathing becoming shallow she could feel something inside her being torn apart. Her screams became more intense, crimson fluids oozing from her ears, eyes, lips until it turned into a black tinged discharge. “STOP IT!” she cried out, “Jason, PLEASE!” the pain was overwhelming, she couldn’t focus on anything as muscles tightened, trying to stay in control of herself. The Fire Goddess body began to slump forward as she began to actively vomit. A thick, black tar like substance splattered all over the street as her skin grew a deathly pale color.

But then, the shift of her eye color, from the sickly green, into the dim blue began to show. Taking in a shaky breath her body shivered in chills. Zoe’s eyes widen as she crawled back, gasping as her head jerked back from the virus in its natural form. Her mind was her own again, her body was her own again, but her mind began to swirl in a panic as she looked around the city. The city she once swore to protect was burning, on fire, citizens dead upon the streets, her old Ferals some dead and others being freed. It was… it was all her fault. “Oh God…” she whispered, her hand trembling as it covered her mouth. “What... what did I do.” Tears began to stream from her eyes. She didn’t want this, she didn’t want any of this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hope_: @theflashfire: @dreadpool10: @great_samson:

She saw him, the streak of red that rushed across her line of sight and she couldn’t help but smile. Her attention diverted from the indestructible bombshell to her once teammate and friend. “Jaired.” A twisted grin stretched across her face. “Do you think just because I’m sick, that it makes me stupid?” She took a step towards him, her own blood still staining her fingers as looked down at his hand for a moment. “Guess what… I’m not. You’re here to help me, just like how you helped me in Spain. I’m going to burn this city and infect everyone and then… you heroes?” She began to close the distance, shoving his hand away from her, till they were just inches apart. “You people who called me friend? I’m going to infect every single one of you and unleash you on the world.” Her sickly green eyes pierced into his blue as her blood stain hand began to reach up to the hero. She was going to infect him and he would be the one to carry the virus across the world.

Unknown to the Fire Goddess, The Hyper-Hercules had already began distributing a cure to her Ferals. One by one they began to fall, a black, toxic waste being pushed out from their bodies in the form of vomit, while others had been infected for so long, their bodies expired on the spot. She could feel the strength of the virus weaken, Nova’s eyes darted away from the Crimson Speedster for a moment, what was happening? Who was doing this? This wasn’t what was suppose to happen!

She was so distracted by everything, she didn’t notice Jason coming up behind her until she heard his whispers behind her. Her eyes widen as she felt his touch. As soon as his fingers grazed her skin she screamed in agony, stumbling forward, grasping Jaired for support before falling to her knees, unable to stand any longer. It was like death was coming over her. She could feel her heart quicken, her breathing becoming shallow she could feel something inside her being torn apart. Her screams became more intense, crimson fluids oozing from her ears, eyes, lips until it turned into a black tinged discharge. “STOP IT!” she cried out, “Jason, PLEASE!” the pain was overwhelming, she couldn’t focus on anything as muscles tightened, trying to stay in control of herself. The Fire Goddess body began to slump forward as she began to actively vomit. A thick, black tar like substance splattered all over the street as her skin grew a deathly pale color.

But then, the shift of her eye color, from the sickly green, into the dim blue began to show. Taking in a shaky breath her body shivered in chills. Zoe’s eyes widen as she crawled back, gasping as her head jerked back from the virus in its natural form. Her mind was her own again, her body was her own again, but her mind began to swirl in a panic as she looked around the city. The city she once swore to protect was burning, on fire, citizens dead upon the streets, her old Ferals some dead and others being freed. It was… it was all her fault. “Oh God…” she whispered, her hand trembling as it covered her mouth. “What... what did I do.” Tears began to stream from her eyes. She didn’t want this, she didn’t want any of this.

Oh. That was like, really gross. Ew. I've never seen anyone throw up black stuff before, let alone SO MANY people throw up all at once. That was...hopefully something I won't think about for awhile. At least it seems to be over. I float down slowly and land in front of the woman that had been evil not very long ago. "Listen, I don't know you...but there's always darkness before there's light. If I can ever do anything to help you get past all this, I'd be happy to do so." I reach for a tissue but realize that I don't even have pockets. Instead I reach back and unhook my cape. I fold it gently and hand it to her. "Here, it's not exactly a tissue but it'll do for now."

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2995  Edited By Last_Guardian

@feral_nova: @great_samson: @dreadpool10: @theflashfire: @hope_: @junction: @izaiah:

Sweat dripping from my brow from the intense battle with the Feral Bandits, my eyes finally fall on Zoe's tear-stained face the moment she falls to her knees in surrender. "Nova," I say softly, clenching my fist in anger to the idea that someone as full of life as my oldest friend could suffer such a cruel fate as this. It's evident in her eyes that the darkness' hold is finally beginning to fade, replaced by feelings of fear, confusion, and guilt. It's now or never.

No Caption Provided

“Are you ready?” I murmur to my partner, Izaiah, who has silently appeared behind me in a flash of energy. “We do this clean. We do this fast. Nobody gets hurt, just like you asked.”

“Ready,” he responds with conviction in his voice, the likes I'd never heard before from him in our short time as teammates.

The group that stood congregated by Zoe Olisnicky had her best interests at heart, that much was clear. As I try to get a sense of their emotions with my empathetic abilities, I bare witness to overwhelming sympathy, kinship, and even the unique aura of non-platonic love.

With another instantaneous flash, we disappear, and in less than a second we are at her side. The emotions of those near us are now even more apparent, but even with their good intentions in mind, I can't help but fear for what Zoe's fate might be after the heinous crimes that the virus drove her to commit. I’ve seen first hand what the government does to those it fears. By this time tomorrow, Nova would undoubtedly be in the custody of the United States Government, being punished for a crime that she had no say in committing, or even worse, being vivisected in the name of superhuman science.

As the terrifying scenarios run through my mind, I'm reminded of the solemn vow I once made to her older sister. Before her death, I promised Lauren that if anything ever happened to her, I would do everything in my power to keep Zoe safe. I've done a shitty job so far, but the sun hasn't set on the Fire Goddess.

A wave of devastating telekinetic energy radiates from around Nova, Izaiah, and I. To beings with the durability of the heroes around us, this wave shouldn't do much more than push them back several feet to give our trio room to operate. Telepathically, I speak to any in the immediate vicinity that would be able to perceive my words.“Thank you. I’ll take it from here. Zoe's safe with me. Don't bother looking for us.”Four short sentences that will hopefully put their minds at ease, though I doubt that the sudden appearance of a known "terrorist" would do much to quell their fears.

In one last flash, we are gone, transported through space until we reach our destination; a small island in the Atlantic, one untouched by the ravishes of humanity, alive with unique flora and fauna found nowhere else in the world.

Welcome to Luna Island
Welcome to Luna Island

We appear on the sandy beaches of the beautiful island, the soft whisper of salt in the air enveloping us as the waves crash against the shore. In the process of teleportation, I've embraced Zoe in a tight hug that I now feel safe enough to disengage. Kneeling down beside, her, I push back the strands of wild blonde hair obscuring her face with my finger and look into her entrancing blue eyes.

Hey, Sparky, long time no see," I utter with a smile in an attempt to mitigate the whirlwind of emotion that she must be experiencing. "Welcome to Luna Island."

thunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2996  Edited By thunderbolt
No Caption Provided

I was doing so well. Fatherhood, decent job, and I even started dating again. Everything was on the up and up. I was living an honest life, but I guess the man in the sky had a different plan for me.

"Noah, are you okay?" My head pivots to the side, because I'm alarmed by the urgency in her tone. It's strange for me. The thought of worrying about someone other then my son, but I've somehow managed to do just that. So, I look at her with this overwhelming feeling of concern plastered on my face like a Hollywood billboard sign.

"I'm fine, Mariah. I promise. Please, just tell me if I'm preparing a funeral or not." She didn't have to do this. We haven't talked since I moved back to the east coast, but college friends have this way of understanding sparse communication. I know that more than anyone. So, I was more then elated to hear Mariah's voice when we landed in Los Angeles. Everything since has been kind of a blur.

"He took some heavy damage. There were lacerations across his body. Not to mention the deep wound on his neck." Mariah doesn't give me much reason to relax. Instead she reminds me about the breathing corpse I brought inside my pad some hours ago.

"Calmate, Noah. He'll live! He just needs some rest." Mariah reminds me how lucky I am to have her and I can't argue with logic. So much so that when she approaches, I stand up and wrap my arms around her waist. I kind of get carried away and lift her off the floor, but she doesn't complain. She always did enjoy being whisked away. "Okay, you can put me down now. I'm sure you'll want to see him now."

She's right. For the most part I do want to see him. Truthfully, I never thought I'd have this chance again, but it's here. I'll admit to being kind of nervous. These last few hours have been more strenuous than that time I cooked brownies for Troy's school Christmas party. I'll never forget the look on Claudette's face when the kids ransacked the trays I brought in. Although that definitely pales into comparison to the here and the now.

After thanking Mariah for the hundredth time, I walk to the bedroom. Yet, I stop myself before stepping inside. I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but I feel like I'm already doing too much already. I rescued him, got him patched up, and now he's laid up on a good comforter. The last thing he needs to see is this stranger hovering above him. So, I'll wait.

"We'll catch up soon," I murmur to my old friend Jacob, who appeared to be soundly resting after the long day he had. And as happy as I am to see him amongst the living, I can wait a few more hours to talk and hash things out. Until then I decide to turn around and return to the living room, where a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch awaits.

@last_guardian: (this came out differently then i expected lol)

LIGHTWAvELEGUA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt: [ i saw the name and was like is this my buddy thunderbolt?, please be the homie thunderbolt. it IS the homie thunderbolt! you're legit like a ghost here closure. diggin the invincible look ]

thunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lightwavelegua: lol i know man :( i've been terrible writing on here in general.

pm me when you get back online!

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt:

The Avenger
The Avenger

A young boy sits in front of a TV in the living room of his home. His heart is beating wildly, his small palms sweaty as he stares enthralled by the images dancing on the screen. Miles away, a monumental conflict is playing out, news cameras rolling as a duo of superpowered individuals duke it out in the nation's capital for the whole world to see. In one corner, representing truth, justice, and the American way stands the proud star-spangled hero, "The Avenger," one of the boy's very favorites. A hundred feet away, surrounded by his army of robotic pets, stands the dastardly Mister Roboto, a genius technopath and inventor who has run afoul of the law one too many times.

As he watches the two sides clash, shield defending against metallic claws, the young boy can no longer contain his excitement and rises to his feet. The battle lasts hours, the Avenger slowly but surely fighting his way through the multitude of mechanical creatures until he's met face to face with his foe. His breaths now staggered, the boy inches closer to the television. How will the Avenger bring the villain to justice? Will he smack him with his iconic shield? Perhaps a quick punch in the face would the trick?

"Jacob, shut that off, its time for dinner!" A voice calls out from the kitchen, momentarily distracting the young fan and causing him to look away,.

"In a minute, mom!" he responds before quickly turning back to the screen. He gasps when he sees that the conflict has ended but it's not the infallible superhero that stands towering over his foe, but a defeated man in red, white, and blue on the ground, bleeding profusely from a small opening in his skull. Bruised but victorious, Mister Roboto flees the scene on the back of a huge metallic bird.

The live broadcast cuts to a speechless pair of news anchors, the woman of the pair very clearly holding back tears. In the coming days it is revealed that the Avenger suffered some sort of brain trauma that has sent him into a deep coma, the hero of millions of Americans, chief among them a young Jacob Grayson, slayed by a cowardly evildoer.

Where most kids would go on to become disenchanted by the news of one of thier greatest heroes falling so hard in the face of adversity, Jacob is galvanized. The way he sees it, the Avenger's defeat means one thing, that there's one less good man to defend the Earth. Even at his tender age, Jacob knows that one day this will be his burden to bear.

2016, 48 Hours After Blood Will Spill

My eyes flicker open and I suddenly sit up from a bed that's not my own. I groan as the pain that I've been accumulating in my body for the last two days assaults me all at once. It's becoming hard to breathe as I pull the covers off of my legs and stand up from the strange bed. Hours ago, an arrow pierced my neck and the pain from that injury is paramount above all, a fire burning at the back of my throat with every breath I take. Blood still slowly seeps from the stitched up wound, running down my neck and pooling on my shirt's collar.

No Caption Provided

Soon, I'm stumbling through the darkness out into the hallway, following the familiar sound of a television replaying the day's news. The word "Iceland" uttered by one of the anchors jolts my hazy memory, images of the major world event that I was unlucky enough to experience firsthand playing in my mind like a PowerPoint presentation.

I've become disowned by my own country and, if anything, that hurts so much more than the physical pain of it all.Nevertheless, I push back both forms of pain, something that I've become an expert at as of late.

“Noah," I wheeze in a raspy voice, happy to see my long lost cousin once more. "Who does a guy have to save around here to get himself glass of water?

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian: ((You're gonna get swamped with interactions from much better writers than I, but here's a posteroonee for ya))

Breaking News!

A flashy and colorful news broadcast came up onto the screen, the attempts at attracting the viewer's attention completely wasted on the snoozing Destroyer of Worlds. But, as the broadcast proceeded, a sleepy eye winked open, and upon sight of one of America's most recognizable icons, the eyes snapped open, and Joey Beckham leaned forward, loose Cheerios spilling to the floor below.

The Last Guardian, the superhero, the super patriot superhero. One of the few icons that Joey looked up to growing up, side by side with heroes like Thee Champion or Dark Vengeance, the ones they made movies about. Last Guardian was, in almost every sense of the word, an icon, and Joey knew that somewhere he had a cosplay-worthy replica of the famous shield somewhere in his closet.

But this...

Was probably not good.

Joey pulled out his phone and opened it, typing furiously into the Safari search bar. Reading a few of the results, his eyes narrowed, and the news reporter on the TV screen only confirmed his doubts. "Shit." He muttered, and stood up, buttoning his jeans and running a hand through his hair to serve as a comb. Then, he walked over to the window and cracked it open, sliding out onto the fire escape. Looking up at the stormy Gothic skies, he raised a lone hand to the skies. For a brief moment, all was still. Then, in less than an instant, a brilliantly blue bolt of electricity fired down, landing in the palm of his hand, and transforming him in a flash of light.

In another moment that even the best of clocks in the world could not record, he was floating above Los Angeles, now a man, and no longer a boy. "Hey! Last Guardian!" He called out, his voice projecting over the cityscape below. "We gotta talk, or else I'm going to break the moon in half, and that would suck for e'rrybody, so please, just, like, lemme know what's up."

Soon, news vans would come from all over to record the Prodigy's threat, but it didn't matter, so long as the Last Guardian showed up.