CVnU - Los Angeles (Location Thread)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@arquitenens: On a more relevant topic, that interaction was really fun. Curious to see how (if it all) it affects Abby in the future.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pyrogram: Hmm....Nah, I'm thinking it was just a throwaway because I was bored.

Kidding; I dunno! Curious myself. I can say there's a lotta resentment right now. Curious how long til [or if] it resolves. Among other things.

Avatar image for supreme_chancellor
Supreme_Chancellor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-627010b6e44d6
deactivated-627010b6e44d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Jerry?" Beth peeked behind the dumpster and found the filthy young boy she was looking for. She crouched down and reached for him but he screamed and scrambled away from her. Her eyes began to quiver as he ran from her, sobbing.

She had befriended the boy several days before. She had lied and said she too was an ordinary homeless child. Well, homeless teenager. He had seemed to see her as a sort of big sister. Earlier that day she had woken up to him being attacked by a man who reeked of alcohol and was even dirtier than him. Without thinking she had transformed her hand into a snake's head and bitten the man. Watching him writhe on the ground in agony before succumbing to her venom and dying had satisfied her. She finally had a friend, true family, and no one would hurt him. Unfortunately he now knew her for the monster she was and was terrified of her. She was alone again and had probably just traumatized a young boy.

A single tear rolled down Beth's face as she leaned against the dumpster and slumped to the ground. Sooner or later she'd have to give up on her fantasy of being human and return to being a beast.

@asgardianbrony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beth looked up, her face wet and dirty. She released her rage at the towering man, ignoring the fact he was clearly not normal.

"What did you call me?!" Her teeth grew sharp and there was fury in her eyes.

@asgardianbrony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Beth became a blur, avoiding Gog's wild assault easily. As she dodged him her body began transforming, ripping apart her clothes in the process. What had moments ago been a sobbing teenage girl was now the seven foot tall beast queen. Beth threw a rage-fueled punch at Gog with enough power to send him flying through the building in front of him. She then transformed the growths on her head into wings, taking to the air and flying over the building to meet her foe on the other side.

@asgardianbrony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just as she was swooping down at Gog for another punch, Beth was sent flying upwards. Her limp and scorched body rose high and then fell downward, offering the perfect chance for Gog to attack her midair.

@asgardianbrony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Beth sprung to life, avoiding Gog's grab attempt. He had fallen for her trick. She threw a kick at his chin that produced a sonic boom.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: "I can imagine." The fingers of Beth's left hand transformed into serpents of single drop of whom's venom could kill a thousand men. Her right hand transformed into a black lion's head with jaws that could crush titanium. Meanwhile she grinned revealing her razor sharp teeth. "You don't know what I am, do you?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: When the flames cleared a charred and battered Beth was drifting slowly down to Earth. She landed and spit out half a mouthful of blood. She grinned and called up to Gog. "What manner of man are you who can summon flame without flint or tinder?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: "My name is Bethany. You may have heard of my parents, Cain and Lilith. They're a pretty big deal." Beth's hands transform back to normal and she crosses them. Quietly her tail transforms into a serpent like the ones from before. "And you?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Bethany shakes the blood god's hand tentatively. "I never did understand you warrior types..."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: "Sure, nice meeting you I suppose." Bethany released Gog's hand and flew away. She had decided not to continue their fight just yet, but in time he would pay for the innocent lives he'd claimed today.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2924 Feral Nova  Moderator

(Continuation of Emerald City interaction)

Zoe roamed the streets of Los Angeles. This is where her life as Feral Nova originated from, which felt like an entire lifetime ago. The city was calm for now, peaceful, no chaos, no destruction, all seemed right with the city… for now. People passed by her, all rushing to go to their desired destinations. None of them recognizing who she was, it had been years after all since she last placed foot in the City of Angels. But now here she was, blood burning with the 'Liafador Virus' and fingers itching to draw blood. Not right now though, no… not yet. He hadn't arrived just yet... Jason.

Jason (@dreadpool10), her longtime friend and former teammate of STRIKE, arrived in Emerald City where the sickly hero was residing to try and 'help' Zoe. To cure her of the viral infection that coursed through her body straight down to the strands of her DNA. But the virus didn't simply integrate itself into the strands, no, it left stains of itself upon the nucleotides. If anyone was going to cure her, they were literally going to have to purify her DNA. Jason didn't know this, and instead of helping her, he aggravated the viral fire goddess. The former hero made a declaration that she would go back to the place that started her career as a hero, and destroy it, which brought here.

Try to stop me now
Try to stop me now

Suddenly she stopped walking, her sickly green eyes looked over towards the distance as she saw it... the We Are Legend HQ. With a sneer she vanished in a streak of blur, using the power of the Speed Force that was given to her by none other than @theflashfire. She was moving too quickly for the naked human to spot her as she ran into the HQ, zipping past any security and quickly making her way through the HQ to realize... there wasn't really anyone here, or at least no one she ran into just yet. But it seemed the entire HQ had been rebuilt since the Civil War, when Zoe was still a rather new hero and didn't fully understand the sacrifices she was going to have to make, to try and keep this team together... even though she failed miserably. How many times did she fail? Too many to count... but why was she starting here? Well, she heard from the great vine that her long time friend @last_guardian had returned to Earth during her time at Emerald City, and yet... he hadn't paid her a single visit. What kind of terrible friend would she be if she arrived to Los Angeles without paying her dear friend a visit?

Ferals
Ferals

Walking over to the mission room, her fingers ran across the screen as a holographic map of Los Angeles appeared. With a venomous smirk upon her face as she pulled up a communicator to her lips. "Let's purify the city!" she spoke as the holographic screen began to flash crimson lights across the map, showing that there was suddenly several disturbances all across the city of Angels, her loyal Ferals taking the streets as they began to attack citizens left and right without mercy. She would burn this entire city to the ground, no matter what it took. "Try to stop me now, Jason." She spoke through her teeth as she slammed her hands on the desk, soon she'll join the fight, but for now... she needed wait to see if any of the cities heroes were going to make an appearance.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2925  Edited By Last_Guardian

@feral_nova:

I Shouldn't Even Be Here.

No Caption Provided

In fact, the plan was to never come back at all. Days after the events of the invasion of Iceland, where I had stood against the U.S. Government and been branded an enemy of the state, I had received all my belongings via unmarked packages from the ever-loyal Mr. French. Being here, after so long, was nothing short of cathartic, but it wasn't a petty desire that had brought me back to the City of Angels, it was The Force. The cosmic energy rippled and cried out as if warning me, as if begging me to return and defend the city that I loved.

So, here I am.

My swoop bike speeds to a stop at the corner of 5th and Broadway as I receive an incoming transmission from the aforementioned butler."Sir," he voices in an exasperated whisper."Someone has entered the building. She knew the entrances, and avoided all security measures."

"She?"

"Yes, sir. Ms. Zoe Olisnicky. The Feral Nova."

Those two words mean so much to me. My greatest friend, my closest sister, my trusted confidante. When I returned to Earth, I had looked her up and was shocked when I was presented with scenes of carnage, scenes of burning buildings, destroyed villages, innocent victims reduced to black ash. I wanted to search for her but then the Aggressors attacked, and then Iceland, and then it was time to rescue my apprentice Pandorika.

"Mr. French. Stay out of sight. This isn't the same Nova we used to know."

"Perhaps if I just speak to her," Mr. French muses, remembering the Zoe Olisnicky who used to beg him to cook batches of his trademark chocolate chip cookies.

"No. Please listen..."

Inside We Are Legend HQ

No Caption Provided

The elderly caretaker puts down the WAL Communicator. Jacob was always jumping to conclusions, an eternal pessimist. Zoe could never hurt him, of all people.

The door separating the Mission Control room from the rest of the house slides open, revealing the former member of the French military, standing at attention.

"Zoe. Welcome Home," he says in his thick French accent, a sincere smile stretching across his rugged face, his heart beating a thousand miles a minute. "It's been far too long."

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2927  Edited By TheFlashFire

@feral_nova: this open?

nvm I can't read well apparently.

JAIRED REDEMPTION TIME

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2937 Feral Nova  Moderator
TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian@feral_nova

11:47:00:00 AM.

"Zoe?"

The A holographic image displaying a pyromaniac spreading fire through the streets, accompanied by dozens of his kind. From his office desk The Crimson Guardian watched in horror as one planted a massive bomb at the side of a building, chanting praise to it's goddess of fire... their goddess of fire who was Jaired's friend. His friend who he, not only let become infected with a mind-controlling virus, but indirectly infused the speedforce to. His friend who he was never man enough to express his feelings to. And not only did he cause the deaths of those in Emerald City, but his own city was about to burn for his sins. He watched as the bomb exploded, a sphere of fiery destruction following the detonation.

"No."

11:47:00:00:01

Lightning flickered in the speedsters eyes, and the door to his office slammed open. Around him the world stood frozen as he ran across the city as a crimson streak, zigzagging through cars and people in an effort to find the exact location of the bomb. Something bright caught in the corner of his eyes, leading the determined speedster to site of the explosive. Before him, the fiery of the bomb barely moved at all, seemingly moving at the same speed as the people around it. With a grin, the Crimson Guardian turned his attention to the cult members behind him, cracking knuckles before delivering dozens of blitzing punches, sending some flying into nearby buildings. The explosion however...still hadn't moved a centimeter. A crimson streak of crimson the people around him all began to disappear, each moved away from the street individual at a time.

11:47:00:00:09

With the people safe, the speedster strode through the detonating building, feeling the heat signature of the explosive wave below him as he did. Walking through room after room, he emptied the apartment building's residence onto the street. Before he could feel relief however, similar spheres of light caught his attention. There were dozens of them spread out throughout the city, and even more members of the cult attempting to set fire to the city of angels. Before he'd finished helping civilians, 9 microseconds had passed since the attacks began. Only for him to realize even more members of the nova cult had popped up, setting off more and more bombs. Jaired let out an exasperated sigh, turning his attention instead to the root of the problem.

11:47:00:00:14

But where? The Guardian of L.A would search every street and building in the city of Los Angeles before he'd come upon the WAL HQ. "She's gotta be here, right?" Jaired would attempt to zip into the building, past its defenses in an effort to locate his infected friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Junction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: @last_guardian: @theflashfire: @feral_nova:

Los Angeles Airspace

The sonic boom that accompanied Stan's arrival from where he'd stood in New York only moments before was deafening, but not so much as the chaos that had suddenly enveloped Los Angeles. The government's safety plans had already been enacted, courtesy of Maverick, President Donn, and a certain CIA Director, but many citizens downtown were having a hard time getting out of the danger zone. The Verdant Vindicator shined his light through the streets, highlighting a cadre of Ferals. Smirking, he leaned forward, suddenly accelerating from where he hovered over the middle of the city.

An enormous jade hand surrounded his clenched fist, the energies called forth from the depths of his crystal shaped into a facsimile of his own appendage. Buzzing by one of the Ferals, he let the goon taste the full force of his punch, the green knuckles crashing into the rampaging creature's body and sending it spiraling into an automotive.

"Hey, asshole! Don't be doin' what you're doin'!" he said, turning to face the rest of the Ferals on that street. Swinging his fist over to them, he focused, envisioning a means of taking care of the enemies in a clean, efficient manner...

From the tip of the crystal roared an enormous monster truck, careening wildly into the group of ghouls and crushing everything else in its path. Cars, trucks, and even the road were decimated under the glowing tires of the truck, Ferals scattering before its enormous wheels. Those who were caught by the attack were flung high into the air, landing with satisfying thuds.

Looking around, he nodded, and rose back into the sky.

Now for the boss, he thought, eyes narrowing as he looked for someone who appeared to be in charge. From his crystalline ring came a set of glowing green binoculars, the internal components actually functionally telescopic. Raising the construct to his eyes, he sought out the perpetrator of this heinous attack, biting his lip the whole time.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junction: @last_guardian: @theflashfire: @feral_nova:

Asad sought to operate from the tactical shadows, cautious not to reveal his form to prying eyes as he stalked the rooftops of Los Angeles. A quick teleport had enabled him to acquire his purple suit comprised of light vibranium nanoweave fibers, adorned by a black jacket and vest over it. Even as the ferals erupted the streets below in chaos, he didn't stray off course to be of assistance to the citizens. Difficult as it was to resist, there was no use going down to defend them from the symptoms of the disease. Not when the disease itself (or rather, the primary spreader of it) was near.

Tracking her furious departure from the Emerald City to Los Angeles was simple (the most difficult part of it was restraining the torrent of guilt and frustration that had threatened to torment his very spirit). She had announced to him that she was going to reduce Los Angeles to nothing. It was a simple matter of getting there first. However, the moment she'd arrived on the illustrious City of Angels, however, the trail went cold. Perusing his chaotic surroundings through the white lenses of his mask, his fists clenched, teeth gritted in frustration. Where was she? How could he have lost her AGAIN?!

And then he saw it, out of the corner of his eyes. A crimson streak, positively careening through the streets, headed up into the San Gabriel Mountains. It was far too fast for facial recognition to discern, but knowledge of this city's heroes lead him to but two conclusions: Either it was Zoe herself, or more likely, it was Jaired McStorm, the resident speedster hero of the city. Features resolute, by phone, he sent a hurried message to his boss at the CIA office, whom he presumed would be already be aware of the situation (or, at least, would find out very soon).

@lichter

"In Los Angeles, Sir. I know who's behind the attack, and I know how to stop it."

In another instant, his form would be overtaken in a spiral of grey, vanishing as he was transported into the mountains. There was an objective to be completed, a myriad of citizens to be rescued...

....and a fire goddess to be saved. Once and for all.
....and a fire goddess to be saved. Once and for all.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

The CIA Headquarters

"In Los Angeles, Sir. I know who's behind the attack, and I know how to stop it."

No Caption Provided

Klaus had received the message just as the monitor to his right had begun displaying the events of the attack, leaning forward to watch the newsfeeds intently. He lifted his communicator to his face, speaking calmly into it.

"Understood, Agent McGrath. If you require assistance, just give the word. I can have specialized Maverick agents on-site in minutes," he said, clicking off the device and going back to inspecting the monitors. The rescue divisions would already be working to evacuate those who remained in the line of fire, but there was no need to immediately scramble the paramilitary organization so long as McGrath was on the case. And with him, a plethora of superheroic figures who seemed to have a good grip on the situation themselves, for now.

The celebrity-like figures, he believed, were actually a beneficial addition to the world. While some preferred the term vigilantes, Klaus understood that the adulation the public held for some of them was one of the factors preventing all-out war between man and metaman. He might not have been a fan of those who marched out in ordinary civilian clothes to handle government business with burning eyes and flaming hands, but those who wore the masks, who played to the media? They were essential.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2943 Feral Nova  Moderator

Sorry for not responding to these yet, been really busy. I'll have something for you guys tomorrow morning!

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2944  Edited By Great_Samson

@PeopleCurrentlyInLADoingLAStuff

*Huff! *Huff--!* "MOOOOM! Mom, help please!", the soulrending shrieks of a distressed little damsel carried themselves through the concrete confines of the block. She ran as quickly as her little legs could carry her and cried as much as her eyes allowed, ferals infected with the necodexa virus hounding her all the way from one of the initial incursion zones. They drew near, their locomotion as putrid as the contents of their mind and liberated of any semblance of form.

Cornered in an alleyway her last resort is to climb over the chain fence, but they are already at her feet. Having gathered the last of her hope she leapt off the obstacle's rim, but have they. One rancid claw inches from the nape of her heck. "MOOOOOM!", her tears faintly glitter in the last sunlight of her dusk.

No Caption Provided

"RRrrargh---", her eyes close at the sound of their growling. All was lost...? "--Ggghk!"

"Down, boy!", a voice of elated and elevated cadence suddenly spoke out. The girl? She found herself in the embrace of a stump-like arm clad in the hues of ocean blue. She looked behind her, the rabid dog of a former man held up in a tide of solid ice. She looked up then to see a bright smile. Samson's most powerful remedy. "Ew! You've got a snot bubble going on!", The Translucent Titan grimaced jokingly in an attempt to alleviate the poor girl's mood and let go of the source of danger.

"Heh!", replied the girl with a smile and the two began to graciously ascend to the top of the neighboring buildings where Samson set her down near a group of people he already helped. Out of them all a woman broke out into a sprint towards the girl "Sandra! Oh thank god you are alright!", she hugged her daughter tightly, as tight as only a parent could.

"Mom! I think you should rather thank this mister...", she gestured towards Samson but before the mother could even begin to form words of gratitude Samson had already departed to the streets below. Helping whomever he could and freezing whomever he could not.

Los Angeles Airspace;
Now.

The Man of Marvels jettisoned towards the heavens in pursuit of the emerald star lingering in the sky. From a distance, his generic set of higher sensory powers allowed him to determine that it was a man wielding an unnatural amount of metaphysical energy. He was the prime suspect now even if Samson knew that the virus originated from Emerald City. Establishing his supremacy over the Einsteinian laws of physics, The Superhuman Samaritan came to an instantaneous hover from his supersonic flight.

Air crackling into a sonic boom from his stop, Samson's crimson cape was flung billowing forwards as he appeared near The Verdant Knight. With a mighty frow he stared at the target of his inquiry: "For your sake I hope emerald is the only thing you've got in common with Emerald City."

Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, Ma, the JLA is forming.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody: Pfft...

...don't be stupid.
...don't be stupid.

Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2947  Edited By Nobody

@great_samson: Even if I wanted to be,

stupidity is not an option in this line of work.
stupidity is not an option in this line of work.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2948  Edited By Great_Samson
Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers