CVnU: Lock & Key Nightclub (Key City Sub-location)

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Non_Playable

Tucked away in the old industrial area of Key City, the Lock & Key Nightclub is one of the city's premier nightlife establishments. The music, lights, modern atmosphere, and stunning interior (modeled after lavish Baroque architecture and design) ensure the club's continuing popularity, despite its out-of-the-way location and relatively small size. With the latest audio and lighting innovations, the Lock & Key remains popular despite its less than ideal location by riding the latest trends in music while maintaining its classy (and classic) design.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rich colors and opulent embellishments compliment the massive crystal chandeliers which hangs in a central place of prominence. When not on the dance floor, patrons may sip bespoke cocktails on comfortable brown leather banquettes or mill about the ornate lighted space at the bar.

While class and elaborate, impeccable design are valued, the energy of the club lends itself to long nights of excitement and adventure. Go-go dancers energize patrons and encourage them to drop their inhibitions, dance, and relax in a space that promises no judgement and the opportunity to cut loose consequence-free (provided one patron's "cutting loose" does not impinge on the enjoyment of others).

Professional bar and waitstaff, bouncers (of the human and meta-human variety), and hosts and hostesses ensure a clean, elegant, and exciting experience for all patrons.

Rules

There are no rules

Standard forum rules apply

Notify me before any majoy destruction takes place

All staff are NPCs. Do as you wish.

*This thread is a WIP

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, wow. You're fast.

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Fr...I was just talkin to him like ten to twenty minutes ago...

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jai_walker: Watch out, speedster. He's comin' for your schtick!

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

And in my own damn city too XD

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Non_Playable

Interaction Imported from Loners Nightclub: @non_playable (Post 1)

Loud music pulsed through the nightclub, lights dimming and flashing in tune with the music as Sennik sulked in the corner. He watched as Chika continued to flail on the dance floor, obviously too young to be where she was. Luckily for her, the staff was susceptible to timely (and sizable) bribes. Not so lucky for Sennik. He was down two hundred dollars and was hating every minute. People continued to bump all around him as he swerved to avoid them.

Finally, he saw a break in the bar's impenetrable wall of patrons, and with a space at the far end at that. With one side completely free from the noisy churning crowd, he rushed to the open gap, sitting next to a quiet, but finely dressed twenty-something male. Sennik signaled to the bartender, and, after losing another 20 dollars in bribe money, received his rum and coke with little issue.

Nodding to the man next to him, he decided he might as well strike up a conversation. Staying at arms length, he half-shouted to his fellow bar fly.

"Hey! You havin' as good a time as you seem? Cuz I don't see a funeral anywhere around."

Interaction from Loners Nightclub: @jai_walker (Post 2)

Jai West, known to his family in the future as Jai Walker had been having a bad day, though he had talked to one of his Father's friends Thomas Richards and had scored a job at the newly reopened B.R.A.V.E Labs and managed to not seriously screw up the timeline on his journey here, he was still down in the dumps. So that's how he ended up here...The bar holds hundreds of conversations told in loud voices, all of them competing with the music that dominates the atmosphere. The crowd is young, some from the university for the most part. Jai winds his way through the warm bodies to order a shot.

No Caption Provided

He'd take his shot and curse himself silently since he couldn't get drunk. He'd put the shot glass down and sit there as his fingers and hand twitched on the counter uncontrollably. The disabled speedster would be staring at the counter lost in his thoughts before he heard someone shout from next to him

"Hey! You havin' as good a time as you seem? Cuz I don't see a funeral anywhere around."

Jai would laugh and slow his trembling hands before turning and shouting back "Just got back from the home, t-tthe place was a drag." His voice would stutter and slur slightly before he got a grip. He'd turn to his neighbor "You look ll-like you're having a helluva time yourself man? T-Though I'll admit this place is pretty Crash."

Current Interaction

"Pretty 'crash'? That what you hicks say when you like something out here?"

Sennik laughed at the foreign slang, teasing his fellow bar fly lightly over his choice of words.

"Yeah. This place isn't really my scene. Place is way too crowded, but my best friend loves stuff like this."

He pointed over to Chika, the diminutive Japanese girl whose dancing had devolved into frantic, off-beat steps and waves.

"So I'm pretty much stuck sucking it up. We're here for a class trip from L.A. Lit class is exploring the works Rudyard Kipling, so we're stuck here. Gotta say though, I didn't expect to find a place like this way out here in the boonies. I mean, it's Nebraska, you know? I thought it'd be all corn husks, farmers ridin' tractors around, stuff like that."

As they spoke, Sennik shifted to face his fellow, leaning away ever so slightly as he tensed at his conversational partner's movements. It was not that he wanted to avoid him, per se, but the thought of making physical contact made him vastly uncomfortle.

"But you said home was a drag, right? Why's that? Your girl givin' ya trouble?"

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*walks in his uniform, almost gets behind the bar to make a drink, but after squinting his eyes and taking a looking around* screams "wait. I'm in the wrong nightclub. *he quickly takes off out the door after realizing this wasn't loners* (:p)

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Pretty 'crash'? That what you hicks say when you like something out here?"

Jai would laugh and shake his head "Did you just call me a h-hick man? This is the middle of Nebraska. If you hear someone talking in a heavy southern drawl saying they've lived in Key their whole life they're lying to you. Crash is just somethin I like to say." The speedsters hands would twitch on the counter, but it helped divert the attention away from everything else. Plus his speech wasn't so bad today so he was guessing he would be fine.

"Yeah. This place isn't really my scene. Place is way too crowded, but my best friends loves stuff like this."

Jai would turn his head to where Sennik was pointing and he would laugh at her dancing "She looks like she's having a seizure and a mental breakdown into one." Jairus would smirk jokingly and take another shot pretending to shake his head because of the Alchohol, when in fact he felt nothing. He'd continue to listen with interest. And he'd laugh whenever he'd say something

"So I'm pretty much stuck sucking it up. We're here for a class trip from L.A. Lit class is exploring the works Rudyard Kipling, so we're stuck here. Gotta say though, I didn't expect to find a place like this way out here in the boonies. I mean, it's Nebraska, you know? I thought it'd be all corn husks, farmers ridin' tractors around, stuff like that."

"Oh? All the way from L.A? Damn, you traveled a long way for a lit class., and I mean, Nebraska is a lot of corn, but a lot of it is cities, small cities albeit, but still cities, and Key City is the largest, it's a nice place, there's a reason they call it the Silver City. Ain't no tractors 'ere Part'er" He'd say the last part in a heavy southern drawl, he had gotten better at speaking the English of 2019, which wasn't to difficult because it was similar to his own, but some things were different. At the mention of a girlfriend he'd snicker and shake his head "Naw, just some family stuff, Dad's been gone a while, haven't seen my mom, stuff like that."

He'd look over at Sennik's friend and give his potentially new friend a smirk "We should go give her some company, or maybe just be near her in case she spasms out and we have to call an ambulance." Jairus would rise shakily to his feet and close his eyes tightly waiting for his higher forms of motor control to come back. He'd wait to see what Sennik said before strolling off to Chika's location.

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jai_walker: "Crash is all you, huh? Keep it up. Might catch on one of these days. Y'never know."

Sennik chuckled, taking a sip of the rum coke mixture as his unnamed acquaintance went on, glad at his good humor and vast knowledge of Nebraska's cornless spaces.

"Yeah, ignore her. She always dances like that. Far as traveling a long way, what can I say? AP Lit's a huge waste of time and resources, but if the school's got the money to burn I ain't gonna turn down the chance to get outta class. Not that the guided tours are much better. Still, it woulda been nice to see one tractor prowling around on the freeway. Jus' sayin'."

He chuckled again at the imitation southern accent, but went silent as he brought up his family, electing to sip at his drink rather than respond. He listened plans were made to invade the dance floor.

"Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on her just fine from over here. You can go if you want, but uh... yeah. Dance floor's definitely not my thing."

Sennik eyed the floor with dread rising in his gut. There were too many people, too close and too willing to bump, grab, shove and lay hands on one another. Just entertaining the idea of joining Chika had drained his face of color, started a cold sweat running.

"I'd rather stay here if you don't mind, pal." Rather than the carefree bombastic shouting, Sennik murmured the line almost to himself, physically distancing himself from both the man in front of him and the dance floor itself.

@fallenprophet said:

*walks in his uniform, almost gets behind the bar to make a drink, but after squinting his eyes and taking a looking around* screams "wait. I'm in the wrong nightclub. *he quickly takes off out the door after realizing this wasn't loners* (:p)

The transdimensional barkeep eyes him as he approaches the bar, opening his mouth to question his presence when the man suddenly screams and runs out.

"Gotdang interdimensional ghosts. Always chasing off customers."

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@non_playable:

Jai would clap his new friend on the back "Dang, maybe if you travel down further down the road, you'll find a cornfield." He'd keep his hands in his pockets and laugh before turning to Sennik "Hey man, if you ever wanna hang out while you're in Key just let me know, Imma go help your friend but I'll probably be back later." He'd turn from him and stride to the dance floor. In the club the good vibes flowed like a virus, but a good one. There's love in the air, all hyped up and ready to give a good time. Jai weaves through the guys and girls like a pro, his smile wider than the golden gates; for a moment his disease was forgotten as he makes his way towards Chika.

No Caption Provided

The club is electric, everyone feeding off of the smiles and fast dancing. Like they could go like this all night long, feet moving to the crazy beat like they belong to the music. Jai would reach Chika and throw his arms up in the air to the music dancing on beat, he'd shout over the music to her with a grin "You're His friend right?!" He'd point to Sennick with a laugh "It looked like you needed a dancing buddy and I volunteered, It seems he's not much for the dancing scene. I'm Jai!"

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jai_walker:

As the hand clasped his back he tensed immediately, face going white as he barely pushed down the urge to kick Jai away. He didn't hear what he said as he passed by, nor did he care. Waves of nausea were working their way down Sennik's body as the speedster trotted casually away.

"Don't touch me..."

The words were whispered as he laid his head in his hands, too soft to be heard, lost under the music's furious beat.

On the dance floor, a wide berth was given to the tiny Japanese transplant. She jerked about without a care for who was dancing where, so when the six foot superhero loomed over her, she hardly took notice in the pulsating lights. When she caught sight of him at last, she barely prevented herself from flailing into his chest. "AH! Sumimasen!"

Chika's panicked dancing gave way to a deep bow as she apologized, but when he began to bob up and down with the music her nerves instantly dissipated. "Oh, yeah! Sennik never dances with anyone, so it's always just me! Thanks, Jai! I'm Chika!"

As the 6'1" giant began to dance with the 4''7" teenager, she began to beam up at him, matching her movements with his until finally she was on beat again.

"You're a really good dancer! Are you a professional? Do you live around here? Hey, do you know a good place to eat? Maybe something local? What's local around here anyway? Are you also an actor like Sennik? What do you do?"

She peppered Jai with a thousand questions, her boundless energy manifesting in her dancing and a quickfire query assault.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick question, is this thread/Location an official canon thread? Or it just for fun?

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Non_Playable

@red_jay: It's canon.

It's actually why I had to make it, since Loner's has sadly moved on.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jai_Walker

@red_jay:

Pay a visit to Alex or Jai then ;)

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_jay: Thanks! I look forward to seeing you around!

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@non_playable:

Jai would look down at the teenager and laugh as she finally started matching the beat once again and started dancing alongside him, and finally the crowd began to close around them again. Though he was tall and looked like an adult, Jai was only 18 years old, he had gone through a period of accelerated aging that made him seem a bit older than he actually was, though he was glad he still retained his boyish and handsome looks. It mostly made him just grow...a lot.

"Oh, yeah! Sennik never dances with anyone, so it's always just me! Thanks, Jai! I'm Chika!"

"Yeah? That sounds pretty lonely, but Sennik seems like a good dude, nice guy. And it's nice to meet you Chika." The lights would shine down on the two as Jai started to switch up his movements, but still staying on beat, inside the club it was like dancing on the Northern Lights; beneath the dry-ice smoke swirled an array of blues, acid greens, hot pinks and gold. The music played over the dance floor as if had fused with the bodies. And the Speedster and short lady were having fun, or at least Jai thought they were.

"You're a really good dancer! Are you a professional? Do you live around here? Hey, do you know a good place to eat? Maybe something local? What's local around here anyway? Are you also an actor like Sennik? What do you do?"

She liked to talk alot...and Jai thought that was awesome! While normally being reclusive and grumpy due to his illness he had decided that he was going to just live everyday, and he was going to love them, and so naturally Jairus was a natural talker, being able to keep up with the quickest of talkers due to his super speed. So he would grin and blast back answers with the same enthusiasm as Chika.

"Aw damn, thanks Chika!, I'm not a professional yet, I do live on a farm outside of the City so it's out there but it's cool. Do I know a good place to eat? Sis I know ALL the places to eat! I'm not an actor...I kinda suck at acting, but I'm a singer and a dancer, and I'm a CSI Intern at KCPD." He'd say all of that without taking a breath and he'd bounce up and down to the music, barely noticing the twitch and numbness in his arms as he did so, "So what do you do for fun Chika?!"

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jai_walker:

"Senn's great! Or, at least okay. He's really good at making things disappear. Umm! As like, tricks! Party tricks! But yeah! I wish I could dance, I'm usually stuck inside all day studying. Wow! Farms are so cool! Do you have ducks? I love ducks! They're super cute! YES! LET'S GO EAT!"

Chika spun around on her heels, nearly leaping in the direction of the door before turning around again, now thoroughly off balance.

"Oh wait! You weren't done! And Sennik's still over there! Wait, a 'CSI'? Like those guys on TV?! Like, CSI Miami CSI? Like the guy who does the sunglasses 'Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' thing? That's so cool! And you can sing and dance? You must be a celebrity here!"

As she spoke her rhythmic bopping began to match her growing excitement. She bobbed faster and faster, jumping up and down to a beat twice that of the music playing.

"Me? I usually just study. I don't get to have fun."

Her bopping slowed as she spoke about her own life again, reduced to a sway as the music transitioned to a softer, less frenetic rhythm. She pouted.

"Usually Senn gets to have all the fun. I'm stuck at my apartment doing reconn-- AHH! Reconaa---ssaince, fair, stuff. Renaissance faire stuff! I'm a nerd! Yeah!"

She glanced around nervously, her eyes darting back to the bar Sennik sat at and to her new friend once more.

"Let's just go eat! I'm starving, and I know Senn probably wants to leave too! He's making that face like somebody grabbed him again. Oh yeah! You should try not to touch Sennik. He's really sensitive about that kind of stuff. But come on! I want to try the native Nebraska specials!"

Chika grasped his hand, tugging him along back to the bar. If she had any indication that he was anything but a fine dancing CSI intern, she certainly didn't give any indication of it.

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@non_playable:

"Senn's great! Or, at least okay. He's really good at making things disappear. Umm! As like, tricks! Party tricks! But yeah! I wish I could dance, I'm usually stuck inside all day studying. Wow! Farms are so cool! Do you have ducks? I love ducks! They're super cute! YES! LET'S GO EAT!"

Jai's eyebrow would raise slightly in at the first part of her sentence, but he'd quickly let it slide as she kept talking and a grin would slip onto his face "Yeah, we have ducks." Jai would watch as she spun around and go off balance, Jai wanted to bend down and help steady her, but his own coordination and balance were at risk right now, he was surprised he was even able to dance. "You wanna go eat? Now?" He'd grab his wallet out of his pocket and fumble it open with shaky fingers. "Actually, sure, Dinner sounds awesome!"

"Oh wait! You weren't done! And Sennik's still over there! Wait, a 'CSI'? Like those guys on TV?! Like, CSI Miami CSI? Like the guy who does the sunglasses 'Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' thing? That's so cool! And you can sing and dance? You must be a celebrity here!"

"Yeah, we should probably grab him too, and CSI Miami? Uh yeah something like that. I'm actually in training for both the CSI and Forensic science positions, the KCPD is pretty short-staffed."

Jai would burst into laughter at the fact of being called a celebrity "No, I'm definitely not a celebrity, I just teach a few classes and sing in school, I'm not John Legend or anything." Chika seemed so full of life as she bounced acorss the dance floor once again offbeat, but then slowed down again as the beat calmed to a nice smooth sound that made Jai sigh with relief.

"Usually Senn gets to have all the fun. I'm stuck at my apartment doing reconn-- AHH! Reconaa---ssaince, fair, stuff. Renaissance faire stuff! I'm a nerd! Yeah!"

Jai would grin at her nodding his head as if everything were normal, but inside his mind he ran through those words in super speed, dissecting every syllable...but Jai had a pretty good poker face for someone with ALS, hell sometimes the ALS was his poker face.

"Let's just go eat! I'm starving, and I know Senn probably wants to leave too! He's making that face like somebody grabbed him again. Oh yeah! You should try not to touch Sennik. He's really sensitive about that kind of stuff. But come on! I want to try the native Nebraska specials!"

"Y-Yeeeeah, That's a mood, I'm pretty hungry too. Lessss gooooo!" He would feel something in his hand and see that Chika had grasped it and was now leading him towards the bar where his new bud Sennik still sat, looking as if he were going to throw up. One thing Jairus hoped was that Chika couldn't feel the constant twitching and trembling of his hands and fingers as they rapidly gained and lost control and function, it was one of the symptoms that virtually never went away, and was incredibly enhanced by Jai's powers.

As they reached Sennik Jai would sit down for a moment and look at him apologetically. "Chika told me you don't like being touched, I'm sorry I clapped your shoulder earlier, that wasn't cool and I wasn't paying attention. But me and Chika were gonna grab a bite to eat if you wanted to come with us? I'll even let you pick the place." Jai would grin and stand up leaning against the entrance of the club.

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jai_walker:

Together the two approached the bar, Chika her usual bouncy self despite the everpresent shaking in her new friend's hands. She secretly smiled to herself, her eyes wandering from his hand to hers, and then back down to her outfit. Her grin spread wider as her cheeks began to burn, an injection of pink that was lost among the flashing lights.

He must be nervous. I do look really cute today! He's actually pretty cute too...

She glanced back up at him in time for his words to Sennik, watched as he apologized and made his offers.

Sennik waved him off, wiping some sweat from his brow as he turned to look up at Jai's easy smile. "Don't even worry about it. It's the risk I take when I go to places like these." He shot an accusing glance over at Chika, who pouted back at him but said nothing. "'sides, I could have let you know sooner. That one's on me, but now that ya know, a little distance never hurts. Makes the heart grow fonder an' all that, yeah? Ha ha..."

Once again Sennik lowered his head to get a breath, drinking in a large gulp of air before rising to his feet. "Okay. Pity party's over. Let's go grab that bite. Ya might wanna pick the place though, otherwise we'll end up at a Denny's or some fast food place. I'm not exactly an adventurous eater." Sennik rose, walking to the entrance as Chika tried dragging Jai along in the same direction. Sennik paused as he went out the door, the bouncer giving him a dismissive nod as he passed.

"So we gonna need an Uber, or we just gonna huff it there, uh..."

"Jai! His name's Jai! So where are we going anyway? Somewhere fancy?"

Chika bounced up and down, grasping Jai's hand as she continued to jaunt in time to the bass pumping through the club's outer walls. Both followed their new friend as he led the way. Chika out of blind trust. Sennik simply because he had nothing better to do at 1 AM on a school night.